Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload, the podcast Last Weep That Life. Hey guys, welcome back to TV Reload. I want to thank you for clicking and downloading on today's episode with khn Ong, our sixth eliminated Celebrity from I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here for twenty twenty four. During his time in the jungle, Khan used his chef skills from Master Chef Australia and the tips and tricks he picked up during his time on Australian Survivor to make the most of that limited camp kitchen. But it wasn't all cooking and chatting for Khan, who made the most of his time in the jungle by tackling some of the biggest and most boldest challenges that we've ever seen on the show. While there were plenty of laughs, Khan's time in the jungle was for a cause close to his heart. Minus eighteen youth whose work had positively impacted his own journey of self discovery. Come we'll reveal how many times Network ten has asked him to go on I'm a Celebrity, and he will share with us just how long he's been keeping this job a secret. We will burn through a list of intrusive questions as I asked Khan to plead the fifth on a round of juicy questions about his career and his time in the jungle, which will expose things like who he hated in the camp, the answer to that is really surprising, and what is actually going on with his relationship with the bachelor Matt Agnew. We will also find out who he did not want to see in the camp and the bizarre lengths that he went to to find out if this celebrity was going to be joining him on the show. While I've Got Khan, I will find out from easiest to hardest the reality shows that he's taken part in, and if he ever would return to Master Chef, Survivor and maybe even an all stars season of I'm a Celebrity. There is actually so much to unpack with Khan, so sit back and relax as we unpack his time in the South African jungle.
Speaker 2: Good afternoon, Abe, my mate.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm mate, I'm pretty good. Hate Well, you know, I just.
Speaker 1: Was looking at this before and you've been on the podcast now as many times as Abbi Chadfield and your mates so in good company.
Speaker 2: Ah. Yeah, I love her. I love her to teat it. I'm very, very honored to be on the amount of times with it.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations on making it so far in the jungle. Were you shocked to go home at this point?
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't you know. I'm the data I left yesterday. I woke up and I was like in my camp man, I was like, oh, I time be fine. I mean we looked exactly that. I was fine. I think I got toked on where I did all the child that I wanted to. I felt like I had achieved a lot in there and I was really missing home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean I also feel like once you did the Asia Challenge of the sinking ship, I think that was a an iconic moment. I may for the rest of my life hear you screaming, Oh my god. I was putting your hands in those boxes. I mean, you've put your hands in some pretty strange places before, but you look terrified.
Speaker 2: I was so scared. And it wasn't even the ones that I couldn't see. It was the ones of the from They kind a little bit of it out, but I kept referring leitimate mangos, and that's only what I got through. And I'm like, you're just an ango? Did you moving mango? You find me like a mango? You're just a mango. I spent a good two minutes on the frog box. It looked like it was my ten seconds, but ipent so much time on the frog box because I was so scared of them.
Speaker 1: Were you're plowing through these reality TV shows? I want to ask you, because so many people were talking about this online, can we unpack your order from easiest to hardest reality shows?
Speaker 2: In the eyes of khn Okay, in the eyes of we made the easiest show would have been Survivor, and then it would have been my second vision of Marster Chef, then I'm a celeb, and then it my first even of Marstership.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, that's not the order that I thought it was going to be in, you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think as well.
Speaker 1: You know, would you do more reality shows at this point? Because I remember going for swim one day and running into you at the pool and asking you about reality shows. And this is before Survivor, before I'm a celebrity, and you mentioned dancing with the stars, like, is there is there another? Is there more reality TV for you?
Speaker 2: I think I'm hanging up my boots. I'm pretty dune now. I feel like I've done three that I really really loved dancing. For me, it looks like I'm but I don't think I could do it. I feel like I'm I've got too less fee, no time to teaching me how to dancing here, and I was not getting anything. I'm like, you know what, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I always think of you as being a DJ because that's how I met you. You know how you always remember people. Yeah, I meet you, and I kind of feel like I've seen you do the two step while you're djaing a lot. I wonder whether or not stepping outside of that two step to try and do bigger dance moves would be really impossible.
Speaker 2: It's impossible. Would be jumping up and down into my hands up in the air for every single down, and they'll be like, okay, zero.
Speaker 1: Well, you're kind of disappointing fans out there, because if I was reading any of the comments and wanting to highlight one, everyone seems to think you've got another season of Survivor in you. So I think that sounds pretty glauning for them.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm never going to say no to Survivor. I do have a little thought box for the Vivor. But saying that, definitely not for the next few years, I'm going to be contemplating on my own. So it's for a little bit. I think I'm just going to hide away in the kitchen for a while. You you to see me. I don't know if you've been watching on Ready to Be Cook and I really enjoyed doing that. So yeah, I think I'm just going to stick to the kitchen for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll take it. How did you prepare for this show? Because you know I've spoken to you a lot about before, You've done shows in the past, and you are a preparation man. How long did you have knowing that you're going in there? And what sort of preparation did you do?
Speaker 2: Okay? And I tell you, Okay, I guess this flow between you and goodness. I have known this pretty much like the third couple of weeks. It's November.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew really really early, just because I've kind of like been up back and forth about doing Amatla for a few years and the timing never worked, so like having that head up really really helped. So it was really people say that they need to like naturally show. I was kind of just paping my life to make it work, and I'm so glad that I did because this has been best experience. I don't think you can actually do anything to prepare yourself for something I did. Like if I've been going on like a school camp and like doing some stupid stuff with your like mate, there's nothing else you really do, but you don't know what they're going to follow you either. Yeah, you know there's gonna be like we challenges and wed trials, but like I wasn't expecting to get thrown off with a clip on a third day.
Speaker 1: No, they're horrific.
Speaker 2: No, I was supposed there, like the whole way, and even like the eating stuff. Everyone's like, oh, you're a chef, you'll be fine. I'm like, hey, I'm a chef. I like flavor. I don't like like a stinky random things that look like that, you know, like they're rotting.
Speaker 1: How many times have they asked you to do this show? Because I think you said publicly before a pedestrian that that asked you four times. Is that the fourth time? And then what made you say yes this time?
Speaker 2: I think it was actually a sixtated first time. I think it would like there were a couple, don't one you or we just kind of like back and board thing, but nothing will ever intulate. It was really always about timing. It was never that I didn't want to do it, but it was just more that, you know what, It's like a lot of times your books really find advance for certain things, especially when you're in food and food tenth of all and I'm cooking demos and stuff they booked, you really find advance. Luckily, this time we spoke far enough for me to be able to do it. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, So another thing I was going to ask you, but I was curious, did you packed thirty one lunches for Mickey or whoever that guy is didn't make lunch past?
Speaker 2: What did you gone? He moved out like over a year ago. Oh my god, I think someone else is doing his lunches.
Speaker 1: He's long gone. What about Matt Agnew Because I would wonder because he had put his hand up to do this series and he didn't get cast. Did that upset him? Because you guys are in like a romance. Was he jealous of you?
Speaker 2: No? No he was No, he was really really supportive, like he played along with everything. I think with Glamor on the Grid, which was like probably the big event that I missed, the one where I thought, oh, that might be the one that makes it a little bit obvious because I do it every year. And he was there and he's like, oh yeah. I spoke to a few journalists about it, and I just said, you were on persing your guy, and I was like, I.
Speaker 1: Just realized, I have so many questions if only got ten minutes. So I feel like we should do what I sometimes have to do for celebrities who have far too many questions. Can we play Andy Cohen's lead the fifth just to be able to plow through all of these Yeah, let's do it. Let's let's lead the Okay, work with me, people that are playing on home because I didn't prepare this. But have you ever slept with a coast from any of your previous.
Speaker 2: Shows in the same bed? Yes? Actually, no, wait one second, let me have a think.
Speaker 1: No, who was your least favorite celebrity in the jungle.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be really surprising because they're also my favorite. Oh okay, Sky, what I gonna hate me for saying that I loved guide to Pieces. But there were moments where I was like, day, lets go right when she cooked with me if she was always person to put her hand up, but she was also the person that stressed out the moment, so like I would give her a top like, hey, day, can use like book this broccoli for me. Get put it into the pan and stir for a little bit. But every thirty seconds to a minute after I she was like, should I keep stirring? Do I need to add a new ingredients? Do I put the feeding? Do I do this? I'm like, I would give you the next instruction when it's ready for the next induction.
Speaker 1: That's juicy. That is very pussy. I love it. Okay. Who surprised you the most out of your campmates? Out of the other celebrities, Candice Fauna.
Speaker 2: I in thinking that she was this really half strong, like heart exterior person, and what I got from her was nurturing, a soft motherly. She loved her children and her husband so much. There her entire life and it's like to be really connected just about family.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, I'm taking that one as well. That is also trucy. But did you have a crush on anyone throughout your time in the jungle?
Speaker 2: Mister Bridges did really? Not all just fall in love with her Selfridges and she did because we he and then I get to be in here with her like that. He is insane, which is really surprising because I feel like everyone would be like what about Talum? And I'm like, like, I don't like clean hearts, like after my vibe?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's amazing. Who would you do All Stars? I'm a celebrity if it circles back around, because you know we're up to ten seasons, surely they're going to do on All Stars? Would you go back?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure there's new markets contestants every single year, new Battle Into contentants every year, So I don't think they're going to do it all does. I don't even think that I would even get the call up for that.
Speaker 1: What about? Do you think anyone would hit on Robert Irwin while Terry Erwin is watching from the site?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not that they are Australian Royalty. Okay, here's another infobius. So I did a trial right and I didn't know that Terry was going to be around, and I remember walking off it was Ellie and I and I literally stood there and I went a lot. Jerry I was. I was so happy. I was so excited to see her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty hard. I mean I would be starstruck from Julia Morris and Robert Owan alone, but Terry's like sort of another level. It's another rationalon of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love I love my ship. I was like, I was not hiding it whatsoever. I was fan going hard.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, loving this too much. But I'm going to throw you out one last question to finish off pleading the fifth and you haven't played the fifth one, so I'm very excited. Was there any celebrities that you were worried would be in the jungle because you have any you have existing beef them on the outside.
Speaker 2: Not beef, but I was really worried. So strange, but I was really worried that that was going to be here. Oh yeah, I was really worried, just because I didn't tell Matt until pretty much the week before I went in, and I was trying to like, I was goping at his house because they they people might not marriage. I know, I don't know if we're going to get in trouble for friends, but they then need the boots to break in first, so like you get to booty a couple of weeks beforehand. So when I was at I was sound like two times during those time lead up weeks and I would like to send him to go get like chocolate or something, just so that I could smith through the house and see if I can find the boot because I was really worried, but he was going to be in there just because I'm like, I don't want like us to just be in there together and not bother with anyone else. Like I just thought, like we did separtations all good, but we were in there together and it would just feel like me and him doing our normal day stuff and like we would just not hang out with anyone and not care about anyone else.
Speaker 1: We need as I mean to come on at this point, because you know, like the only people that have actually covered this, the only people that have actually asked about this really publicly from apart from you two talking about it on your socials. What's going on with you guys? Is there something I think we're playing along at home we are talking about Matt agu who was the bachelor. Yeah, Abby Chatfield's bachelor just f y. I so what is the deal with your friendship? Because sometimes we see you cuddling on the couch. Is it inappropriate and not appropriate for twenty twenty four to ask?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think it's like a propect to be like, oh, like an UNI relationship, because obviously that would be like you shouldn't probably take anyone if the gay shoot are but we all want to know.
Speaker 1: I feel terrible put me in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm telling you now, it's like Abbie introduced me to Matt just because Matt was thinking about me back to Melbourne. He didn't really have a massive like friendship group here and she trust me wear really clothes and so she was like, oh, hang out with each other, and then we became better friends off the back of that. We both need them thinks in our life being just like you know, companionship. There's never been in a contextual or anything like that purely friendship, but like I'm seeing someone that lives in a different state, So sometimes I'm just like, I do you think someone's coming and watch a movie with me?
Speaker 1: Okay? I feel like I get it. I get it, and it's very twenty twenty four, and I.
Speaker 2: Think it's really healthy for a straight mail to just be like, yeah, this is what we do because I'm so confident in my own masculine maculinity that I don't feel threatened by people being like I'm in a relationship with like freaking dance like well, like we're two friends sitting on a couch watching a movie and eating my cream and being scared because all we do is what power up?
Speaker 1: Well, this probably answers another question, but like when you come out of the jungle, who's the first phone call? Is it your boyfriend or is it Matt?
Speaker 2: I called my mom, I called my sister and not my boyfriend. But I did call Tysan. I did send Matt a text, but it was very late. Okay, So we've just been kicking back and forth because I've just only been on I've been on interview all days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course. And have you found anything out that's outrageously away from Matt and away from your and your family coming out of the jungle, what's kind of shocked you the most? Is it anything that you learned that happened in camp that you didn't know, is it something in the news cycle. Well, I want to know what's something that shocked you.
Speaker 2: I actually haven't had an answer to read anything. I honestly, I came out a full round of print and then I had like food, like a lot of food, scolate looking at that, and then I went to lead for three hours and work up to do more presents.
Speaker 1: So it's just been hectics. Okay, you're not getting your full block. Yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I get my life back in about an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Okay, in an hour and a half, you'll have your life back, which is great. So I'm going to ask you two more questions. It's kind of do you know what? For me, it was kind of expected to me that we would hear some of your stories from your back catalog. I'm sure because you haven't had a chance to watch the showback, so you don't know what we've seen. And maybe you did talk about these things, but I would have loved to have heard about your relationship with like King George or the late Jock who you worked with on mastershef did you get a chance to sort of unpack some of the you know, the highs and lows? And the relationships that you've had throughout your time with some of these really extraordinary famous people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did speak basically about you know, doing marketship and having dropped, and all I can say is he was in bost seasons. I have different judges that I really dealt with. For my first season, I became really close to George Colin Barras. He actually texted me like this day that when in not even knowing that went in here with asking me questions about like doing enough with him at Hotel Cerendo. So like we still talked to this day. Jock with the other one that I actually got along with really really well. He was super supportive. I remember him just being like when I left a vamily or anything, He's actual to send me a message. I'm here. He gave me really good advice. And that's the kind of person that they both are. They're both very nursuring. So I definitely just wanted the best out of the contest, so that a will is a really really big loss. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well for people who missed out on being able to hear some of those people's names, that's pretty impressive, and thank you for sharing that. I know who you think is going to win. You've told Julia and Robert that do you think it's going to be Sky? So I don't need to ask question. But my last question, as you would know, as you've been on the podcast now this is your fourth time, what is something from behind the scenes, something that we didn't get a chance to see, something of a behind the scenes secret from you as a celebrity and what it's like to be on a show like this.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm thinking it's from on the you know, I'm mentally per Okay, you get blindfolded a lot o S and M. You get blindfolded a lot on this show. They don't want you to like see anything that might ruin your experience. So a lot of times when we're sitting around waiting for a trial or moving from one location, ticken actually get blindfolded.
Speaker 1: Wow, that did I use the right initials? I'm not into SNM. Is that what you say?
Speaker 2: S and M?
Speaker 1: This is where you get blind.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say finem. It was more of a subsaulting and I did a couple of times. I did try and peek underneath, and all I could see were like the back of people's feet. And I'm like, oh my god, there is the personal in this challenge because you know it's not reality tving and not only like five hundred people.
Speaker 1: On set, can't I You're a living legend. I cannot believe, you know, every year we get to be treated with you being able to do one of these shows, which I'm here for. Thank you so much, and yeah, congratulations on doing so well on the show.
Speaker 2: And the problems. I love I love eaching you from you too.
Speaker 1: I believe I managed to get all of those questions I've got to go because you're going into your next into I mean, being driven away, but I've managed to slam all those questions together or to plead the fifth, which was amazing.
Speaker 2: We we liked it, and I reckon you got a lot like You've got a lot of like really pumping.
Speaker 1: They're all stuff for your autobiography, Sott Mett. We'll hope no one listens to my podcast because they all need to be chattered anyway. Lots lots of love for you, mate, You
Speaker 2: By Haney