Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. You're back with flex and through me and FLEXI owner that you live alone? Hmmm, I wouldn't broadcast it myself here and then it's usually home between the hours of X and X, the suburb and the location the cod word if you were I live with housemates. I've always lived with housemates or family. I'm definitely warming up to the idea of living alone, particularly when I hear stories like this one. It's from a listener. His name is redacted. Hi, Flexi B and thrum bb oh. And then they've sent the love heart hands. I love that. So this isn't am I the asshole? Bear with me songs coming in hot So. Two years ago, my bestie and I moved to Sydney from Perth and have just been roomy since. And she's just met a guy seven days ago and he's already so stayed over four nights since they met. I do love a worlwind romance within the first week. Now, I am all about him. He's cool and they suit each other well, etc. I just can't help but feel like they're abusing the privilege of our little apartment slash me. I'm also known to be a pushover. It is also a tiny, two bedroom apartment. And they've only known each other for seven days, and he's already stayed here four nights already. So on the fourth night, it was a Friday, and I was out with my friends and she was out with her friends and him. Then I come home at like one am, busting for the toilet, and turns out they're boning in the shower. Boning is so such a It's a word, isn't it. It exists? So I just let them be for five minutes, not knowing how long they've already been in there, until I can't hold it in no more. So I knock on the bathroom door and say I need to pee eek, And so they stop and come out, and then I pee. And then after I come out of the bathroom, the boy goes, you're ft, mate, And I couldn't help it feel so bad, unhappy face with the nose, But at the same time, I am like, am I just supposed to not exist in my own home? One week in from that meeting, they have a whole bedroom to themselves in capitals? Am I the asshole?
Speaker 2: That was a whirlwind. Thought it was taking me one place, it took me somewhere else. I love housemate drama because what it shows me is that without strict guidelines and a little bit of fear, people won't do the right thing for sure.
Speaker 1: Shall I give my initial thoughts? Of course, I've gotta say this person sounds absolutely divine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of yours.
Speaker 1: It's giving eighteen to twenty years old, just how we like him, one of our own. Shut ah. I think he's being very thoughtful. He knows he's a bit of a pushover, which is important to understand. They're totally abusing their privileges. I don't believe in shower sex same full stop. But I especially don't believe in it when you live in a household with more than yourself. Do it if you're if your housemates on holidays, or do it if you live in a massive house where there's some sort of like poolhouse.
Speaker 2: Do it if you have an en suite, yeah, with.
Speaker 1: A locked door and thick walls. There's nothing worse than hearing any kind of sexual activity in a bathroom, because you're hearing the water flutter in a way that is not you've seen some things I seen and heard way too much.
Speaker 2: The thing about relationships is when they start, you assume that everybody's on their best behavior, right like you're putting your best foot forward. You're establishing what is ideally best case scenario, expectations and boundaries. Already, this person's been in your home for four out of seven days in the week, and it's claiming territory, like you don't also live there. To be in your bathroom rooting, and then to say you're fucked when you knock knock knocks you need to pee in your own bathroom is cooked to me. Your real issue, though, is your housemaid, because realistically you don't know her boyfriend, you don't know their situation, and it's not really your place to now be like getting in between. You need to have a little one on one, which will be difficult because you're a people pleaser. I get it, but you have to reference it now because it will only get worse, especially because historically couples get lazy. Yeah, the house becomes a place for them to fester. You know, plant seeds, never get up from the couch, eat too much food, stink up the house, all of that stuff. And if this is week one. You're in for a hell of a ride and rain on their parade early so they know the vibe. Because what you don't want to do is leave it for four or five months and pretend you're all chill with it and then rain on their parade. Then then they're really going to gang up on you. Right now, they're not a solid unit. Break marp to two strangers riding the high of puppy love. Crush their dreams.
Speaker 1: Serve to your domini sagati. Make it terms of territory. You're serious stuff.
Speaker 2: It's your house and you're not in your home state. If you're living someone in you, your house needs to be your sanctuary. You can't be fearful of coming back home for a night out and so that you can't pee because someone's in there rooting when they have a whole room.
Speaker 1: What is this? Common areas should remain common. The get fucked mate?
Speaker 2: Yeah that that really pissed and so we will fight.
Speaker 1: Don't make me come in there and saquacky with a towel. It only gets worse from here. You never do that. It's actually can cause.
Speaker 2: But also I'm calling out your roommate because like she should have like shut that down really quick.
Speaker 1: Well, I would have done him my violent era.
Speaker 2: So currently.
Speaker 1: Do a piece in a jar. No, just put it not on the mattress, but between the mattress and the base. It's just a little sprinkling you're joking, Oh for sure, for sure, some crawls under the Yeah, there's plenty plenty you can do. I really hate that.
Speaker 2: Nip it in the bard asap facts, it'll only get worse. We've heard if there is no platform for good housemates stories because they don't exist. They don't think about your favorite housemate. There's gonna be three grading things that you're like, you know what, I let it go because I like you. I don't like this generally, but me, I'm perfect.
Speaker 1: Of course. Look, thank you for sending that inking give us updates, please please, because I'm sure it's probably already been two weeks since you send that to me, so hopefully there's been developments. See you later. What you've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.