Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Milden's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Live from Level two, twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street. Wretchman, This is the Christian o'condinal Breakfast Show on Nolvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Happy Monday. It is two minutes past six. Have you had a top weekend? Shown number seventy four for us this morning show. Then, like Pat said, we got your shirt tickets week three in ten weters tickets shirt tickets every single morning this week at seven thirty the big thing for us today. Talking about what happened over the weekend, I don't mean the D's that fairy tale came to a juttering end at the start of the game.
Speaker 4: Yes, and there's no doubt that we had the best football experience on Saturday of the two big matches, our Grand Final and the D's versus West Coast Seagulls.
Speaker 3: The days are going to be signing out the top three grands that kick the best. Yeah, they sing in the new season. The trading has already begun. I watched that game with high hopes that the D's were going to sell through into the Final, and then very very quick, it was like, oh, it's awful. This is the worst I've seen them since my four and a half months of supporting them. Was like, yeah, what a day to start playing the worst you've played in years.
Speaker 4: I would have loved to see them go through. But a part of me is happy so that you don't just think it's that easy to pick a team and wilt into the Grand Final.
Speaker 3: And again, it shouldn't be that easy. I've got to supper more. You can't just have that. It's not the way it works in life. So listen. We did the grand Final of the weekend and loads of you came to cheer the Grands on. It was lovely to meet you. All. The grands did themselves proud. They were amazed. So great, so many characters, so many highlights. The video is up now you can see how the Grands got on. It was a beautiful, beautiful day on Saturday. We were blessed with the weather. Woke up yesterday and when as I had some bunt because I didn't think it was going to be that hot, and we left early Saturday mornings to get to the ground to the vu Witnoval. So did anybody's suntourn lotion on, and just this country getting hotter on the Saturday morning. Because it felt hot enough for me, that's perfect weather for me.
Speaker 4: It'll get a couple of degrees over Saturday, as long as.
Speaker 3: It's not going to get a lot hotter. O wised, I am going to struggle. So the winning granny then who kicked the furthest and one of the big prizes bron win five nails like someone that of a guy Ritchie movie. I don't know whether she's our old farm lass or something, but that woman as tough as didn't feel any pressure, almost broke my right hand twice.
Speaker 4: I was scared for you at point in the morning.
Speaker 3: What was up with her? I went to high five. Oh, when we announced the top right, they came running out the tunnel. She punched my hand for no reason and then yanked it another. I went to high five again, but she was amazing. Twenty eight point five four meters. That was the winning kick, twenty eight point five four meters. What was interesting was because there were a good couple of bunch of people who come out to cheer everyone on the grands were all very nervous. Yeah, because suddenly it's there. There were cameras everywhere, there was the Channel seven news crew. It's on and we know what it's like.
Speaker 4: And we're only giving the one kick, so they only have one chance to impress yep.
Speaker 3: And but they all did really, really well. I was really pleased for the grands. The video is up now on our Facebook page OC one O four three. If you go to Facebook, you can find the show there. OC one O four three. Leave you comments. We're going to read you comments out across there. Today's show. Come over the highlights. To me, the whole radio station got behind this. Huggy was a great job. I wouldn't even say he was doing the warm up. Who was part of the team with us. Yeah. However, when he was leaving, I didn't realize he's a very big guy. I mean he could play, you know, he's a big dude is and he's tall.
Speaker 4: Well, he reminds me every chance he gets that he did play in the vid.
Speaker 3: He told the crowd seven times. At some points I was worried that we weren't actually going to get the grannies kicking, because he was still going on about his cv of his playing us one man show. But anyway, he's a big guy and he's tall, he's solid, you know, he's just like a door. He's a really big and strong, huggy But that's a big guy to me. When I saw him leaving in a tiny yarras.
Speaker 5: Like Fred Flintstone and a three door at that, well.
Speaker 3: It's not just that the side of it has been stoved in. I don't know he driven into someone or someone an angry listener or someone that's driven into.
Speaker 4: Sid Orange has tripped into an intel.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is for all the stick I was giving you, you did your job of calling out the kicks faultlessleep.
Speaker 4: I think you scared me into making sure that I.
Speaker 3: Had my new tacklic from you. Now, Pats, he had two assistants with you. I did tell us what happened after this song, because it felt like to me that there was some kind of meltdown or breakdown between the three of you. All right, I want to know the full story, right because it took far too long to find it. Who were the top bait? And I get the feeling Producer Brad was coming over to me going, Pats is having a meltdown after this, to tell us What Happens Okay videos up now on Facebook OC one O four three, Good Morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Conwell Breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, So cover of the things from the Grand Final morning. Then as you go and check out the video of what happy, you could see all the grands kicking. All the grands that turned up they kick once, so the prelims and then we will it down to the top eight. Channel seven News team came down and you might have seen it Saturday night.
Speaker 6: The search was on today for the grandmother with the best kick. More than one hundred grannies had to go, putting their kicking skills to the test to win the Gold FM Grand Final. Some struggled under the pressure, but the winner was bron Win five from Kilmore. Congratulations Granny Bronwin.
Speaker 4: You were filthy that they played that grand who just dribbled it on the ground and didn't really get it off the great.
Speaker 3: So we're not going to we're not going to criticize any grands. They all did well. She'd never kicked a ball in her life, she told us, and.
Speaker 4: That was the first bat during the coverage, that was the first one they played.
Speaker 3: I have all the amazing kicks you'll see in the video. What do they do? They picked that with that daisy cutter? How dare you channel seven? Uh? And also there were a couple of other highlights. All the grands that turned up right, they all got the you know, and everyone that came along, they've got their free parentcakes thanks to Pancake Parlor. And they're also Thirsty Camel gave them like a showbag. Every single ground that turned up to kick, no matter how they did, they got a showbag from Thirsty Camel that was full of booze. Now, some of the grands, it gives me no pleasure to say these words stole from us. No no, no pats. Some of them were leaving with three or four No. Thirsty Camel told me so.
Speaker 4: Were they taking three at once or were they coming around again, putting it in the back of their car and then pretending they were they didn't have one.
Speaker 3: They were taking three or four at once, looking around and then seeing that there was no one keeping an eye it, and having away with them on their way out. Not just that there was about six or seven bottles of prosecco that Thirsty came up put aside to give to us. Those all got taken stolen.
Speaker 5: That's my favorite drink.
Speaker 3: Oh we know we took them. Then I see your husband Christ struggling with the guard. That's right, So listen what happened in us as the grands all kicked once and then from there just one kiit. We were down to eight and we'd had all the meetings about what was going to happen to Pats had two assistants.
Speaker 5: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 3: That was got I'm just giving you a chance to tell us what happened because.
Speaker 7: It took just to work out the right You were going at a cracking pace, which was fabulous, but we wanted to make sure. I was helped by the lovely Sam and Nobela, who did a brilliant job, and we wanted.
Speaker 5: To make sure because these grands could get nasty.
Speaker 7: But how long we had to make sure it was absolutely just just so.
Speaker 3: We all understand each other. See you had you had two people helping you. So let's had a laptop with a spreadsheet up and it still took it out.
Speaker 7: No, that was that was useless though that wasn't much help in the end. The old pen and paper was best.
Speaker 4: So the grand would kick. I would measure, stand up, yell out twenty eight point two four meters.
Speaker 5: We'd write it down, all three of us, and you.
Speaker 4: Would write it down. Then you made to say that you've got it recorded. What where did it go wrong? After that?
Speaker 5: What happened was one member of this house.
Speaker 3: Right, they had three of them, one three.
Speaker 7: Of the team was getting the players numbers a little jumbled up.
Speaker 3: Oh here we go, and you know why I gave I put three women working together. Hey always, it's.
Speaker 5: Got nothing to do with being a woman.
Speaker 3: Thank you. It is you always falled out. And then now look what you did? You come on the radio throw one of them under the bus. Unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just had to make sure it was right.
Speaker 7: We got there in the air, this sisterhood, flimsy connection, the sisterhood, have it last and a couple of proseccos and.
Speaker 5: Then oh look there's a hot air balloon out the window.
Speaker 3: Distractors, distract You can't have the truth.
Speaker 1: But the Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one or four point three, a.
Speaker 3: Couple of bit but started to tweet me, say they've seen the video then or the Grand Final, someone saying do we have a helicopter to get some of the big overhead stuff. No, Tom, a camera guy does all the videos. What all we can to turn the video around so that you can we can all see it. This morning, he's got this drone. It looks like a helicopter.
Speaker 4: Shrine stuff looks fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the weather was so good, the visibility was great. He got out to like one hundred and ten meters. I didn't know that you were allowed to just get them up the high so they where we were the vu Witten Oval. It looks great in the sunshine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we already had that airspace cleared for when we wanted the guy to sky dive in.
Speaker 3: It's the only thing missing from it. And thank you very much. The pancake Pardo. The moment I started talking about this, jumped on board and let us do this event. Basically, they've got the new Kid's menu which is out now. Delicious Kids' pancakes are under nine bucks. But I'm not sure on reflection, if you're gonna have a major sporting tournament, finning his stomach with a load of pancakes, cream and syrup is necessary. A kind of athletic performance inducing you know, I'm sure before the Grand Final this weekend, both teensre not sitting down to the pancakes right before kick.
Speaker 4: It's more of a celebratory meal at the other end.
Speaker 3: I just saw the wolfing it down at nine o'clock Saturday morning, like wow, okay, you're gonna be laiden down where they do the kick in as well, and the other thing as well. As yesterday, as we were sort of cutting the video, I was adding little bits to the voiceover for it, and obviously I'm not here at the radio station, so these issues. The quality on phones is amazing, so I know all the bits on the video when you see it, those are all done with me. Yesterday wherever I was due the day, I was having to add an next bit of voiceover, and at one point I was in the gym and poor Tom, it was like six o'clock in the evening and he just needed an next a couple of bits of me, and I was well, by the time I get home, that's going to be another half an hour. So I had to find somewhere which was in closed, wasn't too echo we so the only place I could find, and I hope people don't mind me using them. There's no one else around that wanted to go in. There was the disabled toilets, and when I was in there, goodness knows what people thought the other side of the door, because I was going, come at the hour cometh the ground, safety grounds, and only one will leave victorious cometh the hour cometh the Grand and then just walked out the disabled toilet. Supers like, what is that guy up to now?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: It's six thirty am, in time to play the early morning game.
Speaker 3: This sounds like a song to me. Christian, all right, this works. I play a little clip and there are some sound effects in there. The sound effects a clue to the song title. You got to guess what the song title is from the little sound effects. Let me in. I thought this was too easy and it would go immediately. I was annoyed.
Speaker 4: You're gonna stop saying that Eddie on Millionaire doesn't sit. They going, oh, this is this is important.
Speaker 3: This is easy. This is easy.
Speaker 4: It makes the rest of us like me who don't know the answer, feel stupid.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not my fault. If you feel that way. There are a lot of people calling in. I reckon they do have the answers, so it could go nine four one four one oh four to three. Let's go to the lines. Good morning, Sue, Good morning, Good morning Sue. How's your weekend? Mate?
Speaker 9: Very good?
Speaker 3: Thank you, George, Yeah, brilliant. All right, Sue. What do you think the song is?
Speaker 10: I thought possibly comfortably numb?
Speaker 3: I think, Floyd, what do you think is comfortably numb?
Speaker 11: Not so sure?
Speaker 3: You know what? It's Monday morning, it's early. That is incredible. I love that. Okay, it was I've got no idea. It's all just go to Adam. It looks like he's already started his guess. Is Adam coome morning a hello mate? What's your guess?
Speaker 9: Michael Jackson, Black and White?
Speaker 4: Let me in?
Speaker 3: How come.
Speaker 9: It's the start of the song let me in?
Speaker 3: All right, No, it's not. It's not that mate. Hi, Hi, Fiona, off you go. Thanks for going on the show. What do you think of that? The song is?
Speaker 10: I'm locked down for cred Hair?
Speaker 3: Oh, let me in. That's a good guess, really smart guess. I forgot about that song. Fianna is not the song though, it's not the right answer okay, all right, tough like have a good week Aaron, Yeah, here you going mate, I'm pretty good. Do you have a nice you can yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Not bad yourself?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeap, very good. Enjoyed the weather and the Grand Final? All right, buddy, what do you think the song is true?
Speaker 9: Her Door by Paul Kelly, Let me in, Let me in.
Speaker 3: These are smart guesses and good songs as well, but that is not the right answer, Aaron. A bugger, which means we're going to roll it over now till tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Do you own a catser part or anything like that? No, just looking at that nova hot air balloon to soon anyway, you can know how you got on over your weekend. Then we did this every Monday. We'll be trying whittled down what's happened to us into three words. Your three word weekends. You can call in now tell us some of this happens to you. Have the weekend in just three words on nine four one four one four three. Also coming up on the shaft at seven o'clock, which out to Hamish McLachlin obviously Brownlow Today took about what went on over the weekend and then looking forward to this weekend's big Grand Final. And on my little WhatsApp group, they were leaving their three word weekends for me to play out today, and I totally forgot about what Hamish predicted on Friday Show and haven't listened to this message to remind us.
Speaker 12: Hey, Christian, it was with much joy that I heard Hamish McLaughlin confidently predict that it will be a Richmond versus Melbourne Grand Final. You must replay it and mock him mercilessly.
Speaker 3: That's Simon Owens. Yeah, you went from three aw and he left that message and I'd totally forgotten about what he said. And if you missed it, let's play about the stake for Friday. Who are going to be playing each other in the Grand Final next weekend?
Speaker 9: Which way you go in Richmond beat Collingwood tonight. I think they'll beat them reasonably, compfully. I think they're the bit side in it. And I think the Demons will up Richmond one hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: That would be unbelievable. Yeah they will. So we are three word weekends then, from.
Speaker 13: You, Hi, Christian bred from Bunny Young again My three day weekend is Grand Final tickets. Been searching high and low on a bit of a lead at the moment, hoping it comes through. We'd love to be there next week to support the Mighty Pies. Sorry about the Melbourne boys that they didn't make it through, but anyway, it should be great weekend next weekend as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen some of the prices to drink get tickets. It's so much money. I had to go on the phone yesterday when I was out for breakfast. Who's a Pies fan trying to find tickets? Chat to mate face not over a thousand bucks.
Speaker 4: Remember the other week you asked the Nova boss if you could have tickets to Taylor Swift. Who in the realm of radio would you go to for a Grand Final tickets?
Speaker 3: Eddie? Now, come on, the president of the Pies. Surely Eddie must have loads's pockets be giving them out. There's going to be Pies FM this week on Triple Them for his for show.
Speaker 14: Hi Christian, it's Demi from Brunswick. My three word weekend is magpie swoop poop. I went for my regular walk around the park and lo and behold, these magpies are everywhere. They're behind you, they're in front of you. They swoop you. This one swooped me and then did a big poop in front of me.
Speaker 3: So, by the way, I haven't heard that as the first time I've heard the phrase lo and behold since I moved here. It's nice to hear that very quaint phrase, and lo and behold.
Speaker 4: Have the magpies come after you yet? No?
Speaker 3: But I was walking the dog yet the week and some guy warm me when listen you. I was saying, is it lovely weather today? He goes, yeah, you work out of his time, watch out from magpie attacks overhead? And I went, you're joking, they're tack you.
Speaker 4: My dad's been trying to film it. So the one that gets him a couple of streets away when he's riding his bike, he gets his phone out and does the reverse camera. He's trying to film. The magpie hasn't got him yet.
Speaker 3: This country terrifies me. Have to be honest, right, if it's not the sea attacking you there right and snakes on the land, now, I can't even I've got to worry, worry about an attack from above from a magpie and we have magpies back in written, but they do not swoop down and attack us. Why you're Australian magpie so aggressive?
Speaker 4: They're protecting they're young, it's springtime.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also I'm very superstitious when I see magpies. Do you always go hallo, mister magpie when you see just one? Do you not?
Speaker 5: I do too?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Thank you, Matt. Yeah, I will go. And if i'm driving, our salute if you just see one, because a sign of bad luck. That's where you have to take away the bad luck. You go hello, mister magpie, and you salute them as well. You salute and drive, yeah, because sometimes you can drive one end on the wheel, but I'll give them a little salute and a hello mister magpie. That way to stop the bad juju.
Speaker 4: And that's why maybe you haven't been swooped yet.
Speaker 3: You go. I would advise it to your dad as well. I didn't know magpies so dangerous here. This is terrifying now, scared about going out for a walk now, So that's over. Three word weekend works. Give us a good let's know what happened to you in your weekend in three words. After seven we go around the team and get into ours.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we had the grand final Saturday morning at the VU Witnoval. Thank you very much to everyone that came out, stuck around, hung around to chat and support all the grounds as well. It's an amazing morning. I loved it. It's a real highlight for me, not just since I've been here in Australia, but over the years of doing Breakfast Radio. I absolutely loved It was a really really special day for us. We loved it and you can see the video of what went down, how all the grands did, and they did themselves proud. We've got some fantastic kicking action. Check out the video. It's up now live on our Facebook page. OC one O four three is the show's home on Facebook OC one four three. You can see the video there on today Today's show and of course the week then shirt tickets every morning at seven thirty week three of ten weeks of tickets before that. Then we're on to talk about the weekend and our weekend. My three word weekend for me is fifty first day you know the movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I was going to say your wife's away at the mountain for one weekend. But I busy.
Speaker 3: Guy cram in a lot, you know, since I got here, then in my bed to try and find new buddies. I've had to go out on dates. You know, normally you just have your friends.
Speaker 4: Yes, you recently with your hairdresser was the last.
Speaker 3: Went out on a date two weeks ago with Stuart my hairdresser. Went really well with seeing each other again very soon and then our haircut over the weekend. Sorry, over the weekend I had another one, a first date Saturday night. This was a new guy and this is this time my wife, My wife and kids are away and he came round and we had a good night and he stayed the night.
Speaker 4: Oh what do you mean he stayed the night?
Speaker 3: Well? Sorry, how old are you? Men can't stay around another guy's house. Look at you? He stayed the night. You didn't want to drink? Drink and drive?
Speaker 4: Who is this guy?
Speaker 3: Well? I can't name it. I mean by be listening right now, embarrass him. But he could be the one now wid about And I even I even't made him breakfast in the morning. It was a bit awkward when I said, how do you like your eggs to another guy, you know, so it didn't get a bit strange Sunday morning, but he could be the one. So now there's I just hope they don't find out about you that you know I am. I am I too timing and you know I didn't. I wanted to text him yesterday evening to say I really enjoyed last night, but I thought it was too soon. Do I do it today? Do I do I leave it until tomorrow and go hey, that was good. Laugh on Sunday night's thought with tension trying to find a new man. You know, it's it's really really hard. I don't do you want to come on too soon to be too keen and put him off.
Speaker 4: I thought you had a spring in your Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wonderful Saturday night with a dirty sleepover as well as it was fantastic as well. Coming up next after and then mums and dads will relate to what Pats has had gone on over the weekend as all three our daughter's learning a new musical instrument. In my mind, the recorder is the worst one when they learned that, but Pats got a new one.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three to pass. What's your three word weekend?
Speaker 7: This time it's our guitar torture. Audrey wants to learn the guitar.
Speaker 3: This is cool. I mean, you know this is great.
Speaker 7: Well, she's heard Jack play on the show and she thinks he's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: You see, really he made her day on Saturday, Jack, when she met you in the flesh again.
Speaker 3: Can you remember who she was? Because she thought your husband Chris, who he's met sebritized, was a listener, did the old thanks for coming, Thanks for listening.
Speaker 5: He was about to give him a T shirt and stick er.
Speaker 4: Tell him I apologize, recognize him without it.
Speaker 5: Actually he was wearing his glasses.
Speaker 4: Thanks were the different glasses?
Speaker 5: No, they weren't anyway.
Speaker 7: So she wants to learn the guitar, so we're sourcing some local lessons and all weekend we were subject to her singing.
Speaker 5: I think we've got a bit of a clip of it.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is this is amazing. Let's take it from the top.
Speaker 5: All weekend, all weekend lesser.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, you know, to be fair though the early demo versions of singing for mel but they like that. I mean, you know from tiny acorns and you never had out. I can come. Let's have a listeners. I love the bit the professionalism from as well. Let's take it from the top. Little James Brown here, take it from the top.
Speaker 5: My favorite unicorn.
Speaker 4: That one is the singing. The singing's fine. The guitar is letting it down a little bit.
Speaker 5: Every song sounded the same.
Speaker 3: But but where have you got it's not even chune.
Speaker 5: Where did you get the guitar from that at the music shop?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: Come on, if someone's hard rubbish out the funny, someone's old banjo.
Speaker 7: It needs tuney, I might have to bring in for Jack to have a look at the tune first.
Speaker 4: I actually recognize the sound. It's what happens on a guitar if you don't put your fingers on it. So she's just open.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we haven't strumming it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've only had a couple of lessons, so it's work in progress.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go back. There's another clip here as well. So we listened to this is that lavana in Blue Blue.
Speaker 4: MTV?
Speaker 5: I'm play all the dogs in then in the neighborhood were.
Speaker 3: Do you know what we have to do? A game this week right with what is the song? Do you think? What do you think the Lords would be up for that? We try and guess the song that she guitar?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, totally, I can record her.
Speaker 3: That is a This is a superstar in the making. So do you reckon she's going to form a band for the next year or so?
Speaker 7: Well, maybe we'll see quite a few friends. One plays the piano and other plays the drum, so it could be possible.
Speaker 3: This is the start of it. Okay, so listen, we're a song. We need to aunt you to do it, and then we get everyone to guess tomorrow morning, what's the song that she's doing?
Speaker 5: All right, you've got for that, bats, Yeah, I'm up for it.
Speaker 3: Brilliant. Okay, thanks Audrey.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So on Friday show, we're looking ahead to all the big sporting action, the big Game Friday night and Saturday night, and we had Hamish McLaughlin and I've kind of forgotten about some of his predictions. Who are going to be playing each other in the Grand Final next weekend? Which way you go in.
Speaker 9: Richmond beat Collingwood tonight. I think they'll beat them reasonably, compfully. I think they're for bit side in it, and I think the Demons will upset at the West Coast. So Richmond Philburn in front of one hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: That will be unbelievable. He's on the line now. Good morning, Hamish McLaughlin.
Speaker 9: Three word weekend. My tips sucked.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing about sport, isn't it. Mate? You never know what's going to happen. And so let's talk about the pies. Then, first of all, Friday night, what was your take on that? Mate?
Speaker 9: I know it's just superb. They we said this on Friday night post game. They out Richmond Richmond. Everything Richmond had been doing decide over the last eighteen months, Collingwood did to them. They were high pressure and tense, manic, fast and brilliant and a quart a time. We thought Jesus is perfect because Richmond will responded it. Halftime, they're done by forty four points and they had an opportunity late they got to within twenty one points. But West Coast, sorry Collingwood, under Bucks are going to play West Coast because Collingwood were more intense and crazy about it and it was Richmond I think at their worst they've been for a long time, as Melbourne were on Saturday. I haven't seen Melbourne plays badly. They weren't allowed to play very well, but Melbourne sadly because a really bad day to have a really really bad day. So Collingwood, against all the odds, play West Coast I think coming to the season, West Coast were at one point sixty or seventy to one to make the Grand Final and to win it, and Collingwood were not considered. They were thirteenth, but the year prior, Richmond thirteenth went in to win the Grand Final on Collingwood. The year later at thirteenth and they're in the Grand Final. But just on the tips, I was only seven goals off in one game and eleven the other.
Speaker 4: No, the Melbourne game was hard to watch, Heyhaim, I ended up just turning it off at three quarter a time because I've just never seen Demon's play so bad before.
Speaker 9: Well, on every measurement, you know, I don't I won't bore our listeners and our family of all sort of the detail, but on every measurement of pressure, they were horrific. And that's where they've been so good, particularly in the last five weeks. You know, I think Simon Goodwin said we're gonna have to learn from him, but he would have flown back a bit dismayed because I know that he went over very confident. I thought there was going to be an upset. I thought Richmond was sort of locks against Collingwood. I was wrong. I thought Melbourne were going to really push the West Coast. I couldn't have been further from it. I was actually posting the races on seven on Saturday afternoon. I kept double clicking my app, thinking my app was wrong because kept just sort of adding points to Melbourne st.
Speaker 4: On updating on one side and Sea.
Speaker 9: It's only updating on Why is this anyway? It was disappointing, really disappointing for that.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? So obviously I'm I'm a new fan to the D's and I kind of got swept along and I got to feel like a lot of neutrals that don't have a dog in the race of who it might be in this weekend's Grand Final. You kind of wouldn't have minded if it was D's. It's not your team, but you're you're okay with the story about the d's going through. So I sit down and watch it really excited that the afternoon, and it actually felt like a violent assault. It was so quick and brutal. It almost took my breath away. The first twenty minutes was just like, oh, this is terrible, this is just they're totally just steamrolling them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they I think. I think with Max Gorn that said we didn't choke, we would just shit firmly between the eyes by w and that's what happened. But you talk about story, Christian. When you look at Collingwood who played this weekend the Argon, there's four that stand out. Mason Cox, yeah, eleven. He debuted in twenty sixteen. He'd never seen a football the year prior, which is just Extraordinary's only played forty three games. I think USA USA on the Grand set. Amazing to think that he's playing in a Grand Final. Tyson Goldseek did his knee in March and was told he wouldn't categorically play again this year, may not play again. You walk into the medical rooms on a Tuesday because he had heard he'd been ruled out for the VFL. He said, no, no, You've got to let me play this weekend. I'm going to play the next two BVFL games, then I'm going to play finals. He's done that. He's now in the Grand Final after being given no chance even by his surgeon and Travis Varco lost his sister in the last month his twenty seven year olds. He is now playing in the Grand Final, which is phenomenal. And then Nathan Buckley. He was written off by the majority of journalists and members and fans last year. Not all of them, but a good portion said that he had to go. He's given twenty three years of his forty six year life trying to make Collinwood a better team. He played for fourteen years a couple of assistant This is seven years a coach, so twenty three years of his forty fix trying to get Collingwood to win a premiership. He's played in a couple of Grand finals, in a losing Grand final who is the best on the ground and got the arm Smith Medal. He's a story in itself. Not many people spend half their life trying to do something. He might just do it this weekend and against all the odds when everyone was saying he cart coach, He's got to go. Eddie maguires to affirm the board stood form, everyone saying bad decision. I'll be a bad decision at five point thirty on Saturday afternoon would be great.
Speaker 3: See this is what this is where you're brilliant, right Hamish Right. I didn't know a lot of this. So this weekend I'm now going to be supporting the Pies because actually now I've got a reason why to support And there's a couple of great stories there and that's the reason why you love sports so much. And the fact there's no I'm supporting the egos off that they absolutely too roll. They broke my heart.
Speaker 9: They killed.
Speaker 3: They didn't they really did. And Eddie's going to be playing this weekend as well, isn't he.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great news, you know.
Speaker 9: Yeah he may well gone through the warm up into we may come alive that someone goes down Eddie come and play in the Ford pocket, ye think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could seem like a kind of borat kind of untage, you know. And what if it is going to happen in the brown loads quickly before we bow? What do you think is going to happen tonight? I've been tipping the same predictions.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, I've been tipping brilliantly. So Tom Mitchell was a dollar forty favorite for a reason. Dustin Martin's second favorite. So Dustint finished on top last year with thirty six votes. Tom Mitchell's third, So the umpire's obviously notice both Maxie Gorne, you're a man. No Ruckman has won it since ninety two is Scotty Wine, so they don't really notice Ruckman as much as the midfielders. And Ketchell clips his fourth in line. Now Blue is only won a couple of games this year, the ones that you've got to remember. If you're thinking about the player from a low ranked team, the winning team ninety percent of the time gets the three votes, so it's going to be very very hard for him. Brodie Grundy's a smoky Clayton Olive has got a lot of the football. Whatever I've said probably does and makes sense because I said it too quickly. But Tom Mitchell I think willin it all right.
Speaker 3: But listen, we catch up with your Thursday ahead of this week out A game perfect I enjoyed tonight.
Speaker 1: The Christian who conn will Breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: The christ you know Connell Break the Shows ten weeks of tickets.
Speaker 3: Every morning at.
Speaker 8: Seven thirty am you'll chance to win tickets.
Speaker 3: To the big shows in town. So ten weeks of tickets. Last week it was all about VIP passes for the Royal Melbourne Show. This week it's all about shir farewell Melbourne performances. There's a new show on Saturday October the sixth at Rod Laver Arena. You can get your tickets at livenation dot com dot au. So it's like a farewell gig. It's basically Shur's Leaving Do. We're going to Shur's Leaving Do to say goodbye, so you can win your way there every single morning this week at seven thirty. This is how this one works. Jackpost Human Jukebox. This guy can do two songs at the same time. That means you can sing the words to one song whilst doing the melody from another song. It literally melts your brain. I don't know if it's whether it's not the right hemisphere and the left hemisphere short circuiting. It's really really hard, all right. So here up this is two songs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to identify both song titles, both artists.
Speaker 3: Have a listen, here's this mornings. Tell me.
Speaker 15: It, ask me your questions.
Speaker 14: Pull.
Speaker 15: Let's go back to back to the stud running into calls, in coming up taals. It's on a Sien science ab.
Speaker 3: Use in order guitar. All right, so you've got a guest. The two songs or two different songs that you got looks to one and you got the other tune to another one. We need both. Let's hear it again because it is really hard because the way I work, I can you can recognize one of them, but the other one. You're like, you start to convince yourself it's just one song, but it isn't.
Speaker 15: Tell me see christ and ask me your questions. Bull, Let's go back to back to the stud running into calls, in coming up taals. It's honest, sianc science all.
Speaker 3: Right, let's see your guesses then, So we need both songs. Titan artists, you know how it works.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shows.
Speaker 3: Ten weeks of tickets. Every morning at.
Speaker 8: Seven thirty am, you'll chance to win tickets to the biggest shows in town.
Speaker 3: This week It seven thirty shirt tickets every single morning on Gold one A four point three. How do you win them? By Jack Bos Human juke Box. This guy can do two songs at the same time. No one halse nowhether human being can do this. He's actually in the Guinness World Records. Jack Post Human juke Box. Two songs at the same time. Lyrics words from one song, but the tune and the melody of another one. It fries your brain. Have a listen. Here's this morning's Tell.
Speaker 15: Me see Chris and ask me your christions. Ull Let's go back to mag to the start running into Cales in coming up taals.
Speaker 3: He's honest and science. All right, let's go to the lines. Good morning, Carmie, Good morning guys. Morning Carli. Do you have a nice weekend? Mate?
Speaker 9: I had a fantastic weekend.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Went to the shows for Jimmy Barnes. Oh wow, still great life, awesome, fantastic. So he would be the grand I want to say. You're getting ready for her this weekend? Are they gonna do? You know what they should do? Actually, the final siren at the end of the game, it shouldn't be the normal big siren. It should be this guy that's it for this ship.
Speaker 4: And he doesn't even need a microphone. He just doesn't in the stadium, Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: All right then, and what do you think the two songs are?
Speaker 11: I free Falling by Tom Petty and Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Speaker 3: Oh close, but no, cigar, you got one of them.
Speaker 4: It's incorrect, Carly. Sorry, all right, have a.
Speaker 3: Nice week mate, Nice to talk to you, Steph. Good one and Steph, Hi, how are going? We're going? Well, hope you're as well, mate. That's the call on the show. And what do you think the two songs are?
Speaker 11: I think it's under the Bridge by the Red Hot Chili Peppers and cold Play the Scientist.
Speaker 3: You got it? Wow, Nicely. I don't know how we would get in so quickly. I could only get one. I knew it was a chili purper, so I could not get the other one. It fries my brain. Steph, Why don't you you deserve your shirt tickets? Your big fan.
Speaker 4: You win them for you or I'll probably take my mum.
Speaker 3: Ah bless you. Okay, Well, I hope you both have a lovely time. Nough right, thank you so much. Guys have a great day and you okay more tickets for shirt tomorrow morning. It's seven thirty is ten weeks of tickets returns.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three went to win this weekend where the Grands that turn I've been kicked to glory in our Grand Final.
Speaker 8: Breakfast Shows Grand Final Brand you kicking.
Speaker 3: So happen over the weekend, Thank you very much too well. Everyone had turned up to cheer the Grands on it. We were blessed with the weather beautiful beautiful sunny morning and out the vu whitn Oval. A lot of you came along support the Grands, hung around to a chat afterwards. It was lovely to receive so many of you as well. The Grands covered themselves in glory, all of them, every single one that kicked. You can see what happened. The video is up right now on Facebook. Thanks a lot for all the comments that you're leaving as well, and captures how much fun we had doing it on the day. I'm telling you one thing, I'm saying it now. I'll definitely do this again next year. Now anyone would bring Grands back, but we will also open up to the granddads as well. We will do this again. It was too much fun not to do it again. Check out the video on our Facebook page. O C one four three is where you can see it. Thank you very much to Pancake Parlor who on board when we do early days, when we first started talking about this, before we had a venue or anything. They just released their brand new kids Men. You can get delicious kids pancakes for under nine bucks. So we have a winner. We're have to speak to bron win Fife who kicked the furthest to shy of thirty meters. She gets a thousand dollars a pancake every single week for a year, and she's off to a top weekend at the Peninsula Hot Spring. She gets to escape to a world of luxury and wellness, their big girl Wellness weekend, and she's on the line right now. Let's find out how the winner is.
Speaker 10: Good morning, good morning, here you going, Christian.
Speaker 3: I'm very good. How are you? Winner?
Speaker 11: Ah?
Speaker 10: Winner's a grinners say good, nay, really good, really good. Still pinching myself off the honestly.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? I hope you had a great day because we absolutely loved. It was great meeting you all, and you were and all the grounds were superstars. But my word, you did not bucket under the big pressure.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 10: Look, my youngest daughter, Stacey, constantly says, if you don't win, you're a loser.
Speaker 3: So wow, okay, there's a hard line on that.
Speaker 10: So it was just a case of I had to kick last weekend with a couple of young girls across the creek, and I thought i'd better have a practice, so I had to kick last Sunday and.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So, brun, did you give yourself much of a chance going into the event on Saturday?
Speaker 10: I'll be honest with you. I saw it going down in the car. Yes, And then when I signed in and I saw the distances that some of the other grandmothers were riding, I'm thinking of myself, you idiot, what.
Speaker 3: Are you doing? But you've smashed it.
Speaker 10: I don't think my girls would agree with your question in that respect. Yeah, ah, look, I was happy. I was happy. In the long run. I was a little bit concerned. I thought, oh, I don't know whether I've got it out there far enough. But no, in the end, thirty centimeters may as well be a mile.
Speaker 3: Say yeah, and you did just under thirty meters, not thirty centimeters, just in case we're were tuning in going they only kicks it one.
Speaker 4: Foot above the next best.
Speaker 3: You did really really well. Winning is winning. And so have you spent your money, your thousand bucks to champagne? Has that all gone?
Speaker 10: No, the thousand dollars. I made a commitment that if I was to win that I would buy my two grandsons a swing set for Christmas. So they will both get They will both get swing sets.
Speaker 3: That's nice. They're twenty five, by the way, that's really nice. Never too old to with your big brother.
Speaker 10: And then obviously the rest of it, the rest of it will be spent as a family. We live at a small country town called Wilhelm, even which is about ten kilometers. How to killmore And yeah, no, we're a close family.
Speaker 3: And my mom I could tell meeting your family, tell you what they build. You strong out there because the leg on you had to kick twice, so we had the premium kicks. You did really well, and then you kicked it further by just over three meters with your second kick. When the pressure is on, you're in the top eight with the other ones. You know you're near to winning all the big prizes, you kicked it even further, which is incredible.
Speaker 10: Different kicks, Christian. First one one that was the standard drop plant and it was the case to get the score on the board, so to speak in the old country terms. And the second one was gopher broke. So it was like, well, if the talk works, I'll be right. If the talk fails, I'll.
Speaker 9: Look like an idiot.
Speaker 3: Gopher broke. You also almost broke my right hand. Have you seen the video? What were you trying? A high five? And you did an Aikido move on me?
Speaker 11: That Steven's the goal, Christian.
Speaker 10: My mother's ninety two, and she says, if you're going to do something, you do it properly or you don't do it at all.
Speaker 3: Why I'm in some sort of lock? And did you see yourself on the Channel seven U Saturday night?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: Because I actually went with my eldest daughter and her partner and my little grandson that I had with me. We took into the Melbourne show, so I actually didn't see it.
Speaker 3: Now, all right, have I listened to this?
Speaker 9: Is?
Speaker 3: This went out on Channel seven on Saturday night about the Grand Final so it was.
Speaker 6: On today for the grandmother with the best kick. More than a hundred grannies had to go, putting their kicking skills to the test to win the Gold FM Grand Final. Some struggled under the pressure, but the winner was Bron Win five from Kilmore. Congratulations Granny Bronwao.
Speaker 3: There you go. See you're a megastar now.
Speaker 10: Yeah, good to hear, Good to hear. The Christian Gold one o four Pancake Parlor, the blacksmith that made that incredible trophy.
Speaker 3: Oh where is it? Where is it? Where did you put it? And then you said you've got about forty acres out there at the creek.
Speaker 10: It's actually sitting at my back door at the minute. But when my mum came over yesterday she said that I need to build a special garden and put a cold creete slab deck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a heavy door stop at the moment at one point five meters made from pure still.
Speaker 10: So well, look, I don't I don't know, but it will it'll hold a special place somewhere out in my garden. And yeah, my cup as well. So yeah no, but so all the sponsors, to the to the people that did make the cup at Diamond Valley. Thank you very much. And there was a couple Christians that delivered the trophy to our place on Saturday afternoon. I have no idea who they are.
Speaker 4: As a listener of the show.
Speaker 3: That's incredible.
Speaker 10: Well, it wouldn't fit in the back of my car, so they actually offered to bring it to bring it home.
Speaker 3: So I would just amazing. Do you know what. There was such a nice bunch that turned up as well. We met some weiry really lovely people. We got some great listeners and so I'm glad they did that for you. Listen, We've got to go, but it was it was a joy meeting you. Well done on you win and we're definitely going to do it again next year. You should get the first kick, I think when we do it again next year. Brom Win.
Speaker 11: All right, oh too.
Speaker 10: Big ass back to Bett, isn't it.
Speaker 3: You can do it? You can do it all right, take enjoy your winnings. Brom went five.
Speaker 10: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Indeed, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: You know, I should never ever say to a woman whenny you do you know, just just assume that she's pregnant. I learned a new one over the weekend. Never say too when, Oh, thank you for coming down, so you're here to kick No, it turns out she wasn't a granny. She was here to cheer on her granny and mortally offended that I thought it's old enough to be a granny. I just had to just wish that the ground would eat me up and thank you for coming. I'm jack Post. Now. Listen, everyone that came along on work, lots of people came along, lots of listeners came along, worked for free. There was Dwell the security guard. Let's quickly talk about Dell the security guard. A wonderful character. That's what we're going to say, wonderful character. But when I turned up, we had an oversized high visibility jacket on some plastic children's handcuffs not required. And I don't know what's just a game he played the night before on his jacket he'd written gold one oh four point three in felt tip and he's put security guard but in miss spell and I said, what happened? They I got drunk last night. That's the kind of guy. I weren't looking after me and protecting me. But Darret, you you're a legend. You were you were a great fun there chatting to everyone with you misspelled security guardsp felt just right now. You were faultless. Thank you, absolutely faultless. This guy had a big pressure job. Jacket had to mark down all these people kicking lots of hundreds of people. They are staring us. We had to get this right, do them right. It's a proper, legit competition, and you're all competitors and in this country, and everything's always a game to bet on, so there were high stakes. However, as always with you, the concentration span it's a short window.
Speaker 4: Let's just admit that for the length of the game, I actually got it right and the measurements were accurate.
Speaker 3: For an hour and four minutes, you were on point. Let's talk about the winner's podium when everyone gathered round everyone to cheer on. Oh, that's what happens at the winner's podium. Apart from one person. The only person who received medical treatment on the day, was there any of the grands that turned up was you? Because apparently you pinched a nerve. He was having a massage from the physio there whilst you know I'm saying well done the winner, Bron. When here's Bron, when everyone she comes on us her speech, you're not even there.
Speaker 4: I did like why somebody came up to me and says, Christie wants you to put the medals around Granny's necks as they present the awards. I'm not joking. I've done something measuring, like running around doing the measurements. I've pinched something in my back. I'm going to go over to the massage guy and get him to sort it out.
Speaker 3: He had what, Yeah, you had other people doing all the bending down. You had the team members doing bending down.
Speaker 4: I was doing a lot of crouching.
Speaker 3: The only person that received medical treatment was.
Speaker 4: Honestly, At some point during it, I was fine. And then when we stopped and it started to like I started to cool down, I started to notice that my back with a little flaw and it was it was pinching and I couldn't stretch too well. So I thought, rather than get on the podium and leave it linger too long, I should sort it out first, urgent.
Speaker 3: Medical who cares about what I require? Oh, indeed, saying well done to the winners or any of them, screw them. You need a massage. And then we went for a quick bite to eat the beer afterwards, and we were sort of swapping stories. We were buzzing from this event. We loved it so much. And then chant to your lovely wife, she's got an afternoon of hard labor at your reno, but she's doing all She's dropping you off to have another massage.
Speaker 4: I went to the ostia. That's a that's a massage.
Speaker 16: That's a massage, is a professional character cavity insulation, you know, hard work in the heat or see you know the husband, you're getting another massage.
Speaker 4: I was going to help it about by back again.
Speaker 3: This guy, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connor breakfast show gold one four point.
Speaker 3: Three beautiful day this morning. Every year I'm lucky enough to get what I always consider is an email that I'll always remember. Last year on my old radio show back in Britain, there was an email inviting me, as a dog lover and German shepherd dog lover to come down to a police passing out parade of police dogs. So they was like a guest of honor that these dogs have.
Speaker 4: Been trained fast and they take their graduation day like top.
Speaker 3: Gum, you know, and I got to you don't pin medals on them, but you know, you get to sort of shake their poor or something. And these beautiful dogs, and I absolutely loved it. They put on a display and all this. It was great. Now they did to jump through.
Speaker 4: The No one made you get a German Shepherd or you already had.
Speaker 3: It's been a dream since I was a kid. Seriously, get a German Shepherd dog. And then an email came in last week. We've been so busy with the grounds they're havn't had time to share it with you. Subject heading baptizing my pets away. I'm like, I need to sit down and open this up, and it requires my full focus and attention. Subject heading baptizing my pets. The email from a listen called Tim. His wife is keen for them to get their pets, which is a dog and a cat baptized. I didn't know this was an option.
Speaker 4: I have never heard of.
Speaker 5: I've done it.
Speaker 7: What what did you baptize our old Maremma dog Charlie before he died. We had him baptized. There's a local church and we're ab sent Thomas's angler. Didn't they do it every year? And we did it one year, and it was like a Noah's arking there.
Speaker 5: It was hilarious.
Speaker 3: So what they're turning up with because you can't get a cat anywhere near waters.
Speaker 5: There's lots of cats in cages, lots of puppies.
Speaker 3: There was a pi dog of them in the cage.
Speaker 5: And even a python. Someone came like a carpet snake thing around their neck. I'm serious. And all the all the pets get blessed every year.
Speaker 4: So is it dunk the head in or is it tips?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: That don't you put? No, I don't do the water.
Speaker 3: They just do like a blessing to say, because I can't even buy I give my dog a bath exactly. I'm not picking that up and sticking it's a big old head and a poonch.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 5: It was hilarious and the noise in the church was really So.
Speaker 3: They do this every year, pats, Yeah, every year.
Speaker 5: They do it at our local church.
Speaker 3: Never heard of it. And how do we know the pets want to be baptized. They might be agnostic or they might be Jewish.
Speaker 4: You don't know that's true as a baby. I guess though, baby, you don't get its permission exactly.
Speaker 3: So do you think more people like you have had pets blessed.
Speaker 7: Well, the church was packed to the rafters. I'll tell you there were people waiting outside to go in. It's it made the news that night.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, this morning, call me up then if you'll listen to this. And you already you already know about stuff of this because Jack and I had no idea we both got dogs. I didn't know it was an option to turn up to your local.
Speaker 4: Church and dogs now going straight to hell.
Speaker 3: Yes you know that. You know mom and dad used to take that your cattle dog are gone to Heaven. Turns out, actually it's actually burning in hell. If it wasn't.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one four point.
Speaker 3: Three so two much. This email I've had famist called Tim and the subject having her heading was baptizing my pets. He's got cat the dog, and his wife is keen to have them baptized. I did not know anything about this, nor a Jack Pats has actually had this done for.
Speaker 5: Your an old dog for Charlie Alma Rimmer.
Speaker 4: So why don't you want to get the new dog done because.
Speaker 5: He's a mongrel.
Speaker 7: No, he's going straight to doggie hell because he's ripped all the fly he's a mongrel this one.
Speaker 5: He's ripped all the flywires off the back of the house.
Speaker 3: But sure, do you still want to get him blessed?
Speaker 5: No, I think he's beyond REDEMPN show.
Speaker 4: This is heartbroat an internity in hell? Is the punishment?
Speaker 3: Is that all it takes you damage? If we go around, I spilled some red one in your couch. That's it. I'm off to hell.
Speaker 5: You should say, you should say the flywise they're in shreds.
Speaker 3: He's a naughty boy, so he's not going to go and get the blessing.
Speaker 13: Not yet.
Speaker 5: He needs to pick up his game.
Speaker 4: I imagine he can get the high windows as well, because if you see her husband, he's like a pony.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's beautiful.
Speaker 3: It does look like a pony, right shoes you put a sal on that or she can ride him round. She tries taking down Royal Melbourn, showing her some money with that news pony. We've got Kim on the line. Good morning, Hey, good morning Kim, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry I'm still laughing at that house.
Speaker 5: Oh no, he's very, very spoilt believe you me.
Speaker 3: Well, he's not getting the blessing at the font, is he? You know, perhaps you're a fundamentalist.
Speaker 11: You know, I love the show. Thanks guys. Yes, I had my little Shitsu tearbell blessed at the local Anglican church.
Speaker 3: Oh right, okay, so what happens then?
Speaker 11: Well I didn't know about it either, and I saw the big sign up blessing of the pits. Apparently they do it once a year, and she's a family member and we love her so much, and so, you know, took her down and you know, she's like my baby because unfortunately my husband and I weren't able to have children. And it was just people and all the different animals in there. It was just really really lovely.
Speaker 3: And so what other animals were there? Came along with your shits.
Speaker 11: Oh, there were lots of other dogs. There was a guinea pig, there was a rabbit, there was I can't remember all the animals now, but there was a big selection. And it is so funny because you get lots of kids going on too, and all the animals are going off and it was great. They did a little puppet show at the church.
Speaker 3: It was really cool and what about the noise and smell.
Speaker 11: Oh it's nice. Well, I think most you know, people train their pets and there was no smell or anything like that.
Speaker 3: It was cool.
Speaker 4: He's right with that. Many dogs surely ones peing on the church floor.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's wory about those hyper polished parquet floors. I feel so bad if my dog did something on the church. I'm so sorry. Let me get down to do clear out. Also, I'll do ten hell maryes as well, getting that confession book.
Speaker 11: While we're on the subject of pets, I think last week I might have I said to my husband, I think they saw me coming because my dog. Speaking of Jack's back, she had a bowen therapy session because she's got a saw right hip.
Speaker 4: What therapy session?
Speaker 11: Bowen therapy?
Speaker 4: I don't even know what is it? Like in ostio or a physio?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is that? Is that? Like ray king or that.
Speaker 11: Sort of thing? And I said to my husband after, well, how do I know? You know, I can't actually say how it was it. Did you enjoy your session? So we'll see what happens, whether she stops limping.
Speaker 3: That's incredible. And do you know what anything to do with jogs and cats? It costs so much, doesn't it. There's nothing you can do it does Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a good thing. We didn't have kids because we wouldn't be able to educate them, couldn't afford it.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, Kim, thank you so much for courding it. It was lovely chating to you all right.
Speaker 10: You too, have a lovely day.
Speaker 3: I shake.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 3: To Turner, we don't need another hero. Brad Our producer just casually wandered over and just went she dead. Turner is absolutely fine. I don't want to start speculating about anything like that. You just know she's got to looking at your phone there, you've got a text on someone's at your physio. Is it an ostin path?
Speaker 4: Or bank has just set a message. All it says is spotted Bob Bob Murphy Separation Street, heading towards Coburg.
Speaker 3: I have to be honest, this excites me. I've developed a bit of a man crush on this guy.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: I read his book and I love the book so much. Leather Soap. It's a really really different sports book with a heart. His story is a heartbreaker one anyway, But how did you come across it?
Speaker 4: What made you pick it up?
Speaker 3: Do you know what? Load of people recommended it said it's a really good read. So you know, I got into it and very very quickly, you just I just liked the guy, and obviously you know about him more than idea right straight away. I got a feel for the guy. The opening couple of pages he mentioned how much he loves the Stones and Bruce Springsteen. I'm like, sob Brothers whatever the rest of his books like you can do wrong. And then it's a he's a really gifted writer. And you can definitely tell he's got Irish in him as well. He's got a real way with words that a lot of all sports ghosts written books, and that his is in ghost You can tell he's written because he's a really good columnist as well. And so I like the book so much. I actually loved it. You don't normally read a book, and we you know, we were in NUSA did the weekend. Normally, I finished it while I was up there. You just leave it behind because you don't want to put it in a suitcase. But I liked it so much. I actually brought it back because it's one of those books I want to keep.
Speaker 4: Is it hardcover or paperback?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'll ask to borrow it. But I don't want the hard cover.
Speaker 3: It's a hard copy. Yeah, I know what you mean. When I was in the shop, I said, lady, oh, have you got some paperbacks? It's not out. It's not out of paperback yet? Was that?
Speaker 4: Why do they do that?
Speaker 3: Because they want to make more money, so they do the original run for not all books get a hard back, but it feels like a book from another time doesn't almost got a hard back because actually I don't want to sound a bit you know, weak here, but when it's in your back back, the hard edges.
Speaker 4: Digging in the corner. I don't like a hard egg and it's not as easy to hold. I like to sort of fold the pages. Yeah, not follow him in half?
Speaker 3: So break it. But the lack of flexibilities harmed that that book industry, I think with the hubbit. So you seriously not going to read it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Readly when it comes out in paperback. I'm looking forward to it. I do love bub Murphy.
Speaker 3: Well, do you want me to sort of like get some sandpaper to smooth off the.
Speaker 4: Edge, just read the cover off on it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Time for this, warnings at work time waste this Cardinals from a listener are actually called Steve. If you've ever't got any ideas you want us to do for the time waster, shoot me an email Christian at god one four three dot com dot au. Steve come up with this one over the weekend. He admits he was trunk, but I think is inspired condiment bands. So your sources stuff like that condiment bands. I've got a mixed bag. I don't know if I'm sitting on gold or bronzes or nothing.
Speaker 4: Do you like to start with your worst of packet in the middle.
Speaker 3: Put it in the back? I like to start strong, get worse the show.
Speaker 4: We did start strong smart.
Speaker 3: I thought six o'clock, ride out the gates and right out there now just tail him down, to be honest, Lady Tatar, Lady Gaga took me a second. Very good though, yeah, uh, Chammy, Vinaigrette.
Speaker 4: Very good.
Speaker 3: That's gold. That's a smart onemy Vinaigrettes, because that's that deserves more. Picker Lily Allen, Picker Lily.
Speaker 4: Allen, don't know pick Lily, you.
Speaker 3: Don't know, you don't know Picculi its Lily Girk and I guess you kind of call it. You know. Uh, you won't get this one either, because that had to google it and you said that it's not stopped over here and it's a Pommy thing. And yet I found that Coles and Woolworths both stopped them. Katie Perrin's was the sauce Parents is a brand of magnificently. It's the greatest brand of the sauce.
Speaker 4: K Perry Perry sauce.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, you can have that one. Soy, George, I'm back on, back in and now I don't worry kids. It was just a brief flip and then Strong finished with justin BBQ sauce. Justin BBQ sauce I've got. Do you want to know the worst one? I wasn't gonna do this. I'm not gonna do it. It's so bad, it's no no, actually, it will damage the show's ratings.
Speaker 4: You've already got points for doing something.
Speaker 3: Simon and garlic mayonnaise. Oh jeez, you asked me. I didn't warn you. You made me. Someone opened the studio window. I've just stunk it up in here. All right? What have you got them?
Speaker 4: Do you know the austrain band sneaky sound system? All right, pretend I never asked you. Okay, later for later in the Rocky I got John Mayo, nice Veggie, Mighty Mighty Bostones. Well that's good, very and the t Seki sound system.
Speaker 3: Oh that's smart, very very good. Yeah, I know those justin lebqu Sauce.
Speaker 1: I think they're winning the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 3: All right about it? Mark, you're at work time wasters. See what you've got? Condoment bands is what we've got today? Best when we get today, you don't see a great movie. Everyone's raving about this new Ryan Gosling movie, First Man Experienced. One giant Leap into the Unknown with First Man comes out on October the eleventh. We've got a pair of tickets to go and see that. All right, Condiment Vans you ready to march at I'm ready all right. Jackson Brown Sauce, Silver Humor, Rick Astley, But it's very clever, gold well done. Hugg he's a huge he works here.
Speaker 4: Do we think he's finally got your know every day terrible. Then he comes in and then tells us about the one that didn't get to.
Speaker 3: You know, I make out that I never saw it, but now he comes in with it. That's a brilliant one, Tumor Rick Asley. But now that what if it's heart recos that wasn't me. It's a different guy.
Speaker 4: Different.
Speaker 3: There's another Huggy out there. There's only one hug by the way. Look at you might. You might be driving through Richmond one afternoon you will see him in a Yaris with a smashed indoor like Fred Flintstone.
Speaker 4: What color should we look out for?
Speaker 3: How about the pet shop savoys? What's a savoy sausage, isn't it?
Speaker 5: No, it's a biscuit.
Speaker 3: Oh is it biscuit?
Speaker 4: Put on market. I'll let us spice through, but not a not a biscuit.
Speaker 3: Uh Jjon Farnham.
Speaker 4: That's a golden syrup.
Speaker 3: Very nice, Anthony Greensborot, well done for that, Dijon Farnham. Philly Joel Billy Ones always tickled me. I don't know why, but Philly Joel made me laugh. But I'm tully. That's good. That's a gold I think this one's great too. Soy Orbison, that's.
Speaker 4: Good, but I still like Soy George from you. That's a silver plus. Barry Manomeo, I didn't love it.
Speaker 3: Silver Herbie Tough Cold Sore Chisel better silver plus. Calvin Savage Girkins, I hate name for a brand of Gerkins and Savage Gerkins.
Speaker 4: That's a golden syrup World and Ronny Hot Chocolate sauce. Yeah, yeah, good enough. Friends, Now you know you and.
Speaker 3: I couldn't come up one for the great sauce. We both love. Siri Archer Meat, Frank Siri Archer, Frank Sinatra, Frank Siriarcher.
Speaker 4: Very good, very good. Golden syrup that is very good.
Speaker 3: Vicky smart work, Huti and the Blowfish Sauce Fish sauce. Sorry listeners.
Speaker 4: One of the listeners down on at the Grand Final on Saturday said, I've got a bone to pick with you.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 4: He gave a raspberry to one of my time. He was the the homemade security guard, Darryl. He was no threat to anyone, but he had his plastic handcuffs and plastic baseball.
Speaker 3: Not just that anna whistle. He really did Midnight Midnight Midnight.
Speaker 4: OnLive Oil Yeah, standing bronze always encouraged.
Speaker 3: Bon Dylan Oates.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: Dyl and Oates?
Speaker 4: Oh deal and it's another spice, Come on you that the only one through I did. Music stopped dramastically right on the cusp of the funds gone out of the game. It's a bronze and one last one. That's great, that's a golden syrup. That's our winner of the tickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well done Collette.
Speaker 8: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shows Grand Final.
Speaker 3: Said, brand you kick it. Yes, video is up now you can see all the grands in kicking glory from our Grand Final over the weekend ron when winner just kicking shy of thirty. All the grands did brilliantly the vu whitn Oval. We got to thank them for making us feel so welcome. They let us just wander around wherever we wanted on them. You know, all the worry we had about the groundsman and he wouldn't that skydive fare there? And your dad is a confident fellaw ain't he?
Speaker 4: What do you say?
Speaker 14: Wow?
Speaker 3: Your dad just rolled up right and I had a little bit of chat with him. He's a charming man. And I said, how far do you think they're going to kick it? No one will kick it over thirty, I said, I'll see where Jack gets the optimism from. And then to show his mighty sporting Croweses just suddenly starts roosting balls despite where it's setting up.
Speaker 4: I needed someone kicking balls. I could practice the measuring. I'm sure it didn't need to be a my dad. It could be one of the many people working on the team.
Speaker 3: But your old man's got a really good on him as well. It was who's in it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he really wants to do a grandpa version next.
Speaker 3: Well then, yeah, you and ban can you do? Gus? Hurry up? Yes, we've got there's time renovating, more time.
Speaker 5: Yes, doing the lagging, getting busy in the lagging.
Speaker 3: If you say any any word in a certain way, it sounds rude, doesn't lagging? Were you.
Speaker 11: Do?
Speaker 5: You need a lesson on the birds and the base check does?
Speaker 3: Remember the other day when we got into it Perats he had no idea about the women's eggs and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I know, I think you need age immaications all right, Oh, I've definitely never lagged anyone to my knowledge.
Speaker 3: All right, so some of the thank yous. We need to obviously, Pancake Pilot, thank you very much for being our match day sponsor. Someone I've learned from the adverts that we have on this station at the moment, we need an official tire of next year's Grand Final as well. How does the NRL have that? Don't they the official tile the final?
Speaker 4: We need a tire both the AFL and the NRL can squeeze in a spotter.
Speaker 3: We need to learn from this. We took it too easy. Rachel from Diamond Valley Trophy Center. Every single gran who came along and took part got a lovely medal as well, and then there was an amazing cup that bron Win the winners got as well. I mean really looked very very expensive.
Speaker 4: She walked away with two trophies, really a big cup and of course the trophy that Daniel made from steel out Australia one point five meters made from steel.
Speaker 3: Currently outside of our back porch. Jane from Peninsula Hot Springs for the winners prizes. Yeah, Bronwin got a weekend treat there. The other seven that made it into the top eight grannies they all get treats as well from Peninsula Hot springs me are from Thirsty Camel for all the prizes and at of exhibit boots for myself as well. They're tucked into over the week.
Speaker 4: Oh there's meant to be gift bags for everybody who came, but some of the grannies took it away more than one for themselves.
Speaker 3: One granny was seen leaving with four boost bags and not joking. I could will it down to like three or four suspects, couldn't you. Oh yeah, well I would fire as likely characters. Friend of mine's a detective and he always refers to that as likely characters. Also, Liz, thank you the orange the oranges. This radio station is so tight. We're coding at fourth count for one hundred oranges. So thank you to Liz from Office Fruit Group for the oranges. I didn't see them, haven't any They didn't want the oranges, They left them all there. They were stealing moves from us grand larceny. John and David from Rojo Pacific for the breakthrough banner. Yep, the banner was was great as well. Also Kylie the medic for the emergency services they're only required for Jack Werner for having to take the cut back to Bronwin's house, pull the sky and over for the offer of jumping out the plane with the ball next year. Next year, we'll definitely do that. Buddy. Samantha from Data Entry pats his friend.
Speaker 5: She did a great No, she did a great job.
Speaker 4: You have said there was three of you marking all the scores. You said there was one person in that group.
Speaker 5: No, it was moving very fast. As I said before, we had to make sure.
Speaker 3: Massive pulled out meltdown. They had men. You had a melt down there, you did.
Speaker 4: He said, one person in the grove. Oh, Sam wasn't.
Speaker 3: Coming out. Yeah, Terry and Darryl from the Security services.
Speaker 4: Security services makes it sound like they're throwing actual business. He does security. These are just two guys.
Speaker 3: Daryl's that go misspelled the word security as well on the back of his jacket because then I quote he got drunk the night before. And then finally Wendy for assisting with the orange. All right, thanks everyone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 3: Title today's show. We were talking about Magpies today, and I don't mean the Pies football team, actual Magpies that I was sort of saying how title of today's show is hallo mister Magpie. Is that there's a thing traditionally if you see one, it's an omen of bad up, which is wife you go hello, mister magpie. You make friends with him. He won't give you some bad juju.
Speaker 4: The hierarchy for you is Magpie's at the top, humans underneath.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, yes. And you were telling me that magpies recognize you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we had an expert on the news last week and they do. They will pick on a certain person. They'll remember them. They've got a good memory, apparently, so they know.
Speaker 3: There's no way, No, they can't with that tiny bird brain. There is, guys, let's get him, get him.
Speaker 5: Apparently they do. It's true.
Speaker 4: Well that's what we would say. Why they've not swoopt Christian because they remember it when they passed over.
Speaker 3: And listen, a friend of ours is coming over and start a new life, so don't on him. He's a friend of the magpies. You've seen him. He will greet you with a hello, mister Magpie.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Conwell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three