Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian no Common Show podcast. I love it when people say, you know, they go, oh, you know, do you go to that restaurant you've ever been there? And you go, now, no, no, and they oh my god, you must there you go and you must have right And obviously you know when I moved here, I'll make a note of all these musts. So we want to know where must we go and what must we have? On nine four one O four three, jack your must is.
Speaker 2: You simply must, Christian go to Barapa tie in Baldwin and you simply must have the pineapple fried chicken fried rice.
Speaker 1: It does actually sound really nice. So a side dish from Jackie boy, what about you, Pats? What's your must?
Speaker 3: You know what? When you're on the Hume Freeway, you will be on the way to Canberra, take the detour the exitdit your rower and you'll think, oh, this is a waste of my time. But it's not. Because there's awesome pizza at a place called Northern Republic. My brother travels two hours there and back once a month just to get their pizza.
Speaker 4: Brilliant.
Speaker 3: It's brilliant, and it's in this beautiful old red brick factory and they do just the best food. But their pizzas are awesome.
Speaker 2: When you see here someone makes a pilgrimage for a certain food, I'm actually sold.
Speaker 1: I think it's a step above. You must because you must just go there. But going on some sort of detail that takes hours, the pizza must be amazing.
Speaker 3: Oh it's beautiful. It's beautiful, and you think, oh, what's it your rower like, it's quite surprising that this awesome pizza shoppers there.
Speaker 2: You don't have to kick the rest of the town.
Speaker 1: Victoria and New South Wales in. It's actually quite surprising, you know, these backward places, not like the big metropolis of course where I broadcast from.
Speaker 2: They've fluted something because.
Speaker 1: In red locals can actually do a pizza from that region. Actually quite surprising because it's a die.
Speaker 3: Well, since the freeway was bypassed, not much goes on there.
Speaker 1: You just pull a fuel still going. We're gonna have to get you out there next. Since I apologize to the.
Speaker 2: What's it called again? Perty actually doing Northern Republic.
Speaker 1: We can't go back there, re lynched Do they do delivery? All right? My must you simply must go to Philipp's Bakery on Hampton Street, and you must have Philipp's sausage roll homemade every day and the stuff. They will say, do you want the special sauce. Don't go, oh, you've got some of the cars all that, get that special sauce. It's not like any kind of tomato reddish, right.
Speaker 2: And you're telling people I've got special sauce in the.
Speaker 1: I have a couple of sashets in the glove box of like those macas. Because the kids always go they haven't got any ketchup. They didn't get that, so why I have some? You'll need this in the company of time. Get the special sauce. It's a tomato relish, but with a kind of cuman. I don't know if this is the right word, but undercurrent, yeah, there's a cuman tone. Dep tons undercurrent traces what it is. You must go to Philippa's Bakery. Don't have all the sausage rolls this morning? Please leave me for one eleven? Am iBIM all right? Where else must we go? Kelly?
Speaker 5: Hi, Christian? Here are you going?
Speaker 1: I'm good? Where must we go?
Speaker 5: You must go to Dexters in Preston and you must try their short rib as well. As their meat donuts.
Speaker 2: Someone told me about the donut they deep fry beef.
Speaker 1: My god, this sounds amazing.
Speaker 5: It is. It is really amazing meat. It is donuts meat donut. So think of a hot jam donut, but instead of jam in the middle, it's I think it's a poured beef and it's in the middle and it is just divine.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's a pulled pork in the middle beef?
Speaker 4: I think beef.
Speaker 1: We thought they couldn't improve the humble donut.
Speaker 5: And the short rib is just spectacular.
Speaker 1: This is meaty heaven.
Speaker 2: You would want to know that you're definitely buying into a meat donut because if you.
Speaker 5: Expected yeah, yes, very much so. But yeah, it's been around for years. It's been around for years. They do it right and it's almost like an institution.
Speaker 1: It's great, all right, So Dexter's and Preston, Yes, we must have the meat donuts and the short rip meat and.
Speaker 5: The short rip those two, the meat donuts short absolutely.
Speaker 1: Who is that the joker?
Speaker 6: Okay, following me around the moment, get on, she's trying to get onto the radio at the.
Speaker 1: Moment you can and have a chat. She wants what's her name?
Speaker 5: Thanks Christine?
Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, hello, hello Christine, good morning. If you had this meat donut? Is it that good?
Speaker 5: And yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, gotcha? All right, all right the word listen. It's been good. Thank you. Ray you're called okay, take care Kelly and your daughter.
Speaker 7: You too, thank you.
Speaker 1: They need to go in for them nine four for you simply mustn't, simply mustn't touch my daughter.
Speaker 6: Actually, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Maybe a controversial opinion, but if I hired a DJ and he went and passed out in my yard, I'd be asking for my money, but not singing a song about it. Patrick Jack, you've got some issues with the lyrics.
Speaker 2: Well, she weaves in there that there's a Warren out for her arrest amongst like we're dancing on the tabletops. I think we took too many shots. There's a warren out for my arrest. I think I needed ginger ale. It's like go back. You're in serious trouble.
Speaker 1: All right, Where must we go and what must we have? You simply must Christian Sarah Brady must go to the Yuck York Hotel YUK must have the state my dad reckon. See, you will never be able to have another pub steak again after this, because nothing ever will top it. Sarah sounds great, So when else he's small? And then where it's not just oh yeah, you must go there, it's simply you must. And what must we have when we go there? Joshua, Hello, Christian, Hell are you this morning? I'm good? You mustn't go where do we go?
Speaker 7: You simply must go to South of Johnson and try the proscuto and ridicuio rosotto. It's just unbelievable.
Speaker 1: How great can a risotto be? Because to me it's porridge that people have in the evening.
Speaker 4: Oh, you'll have to try it.
Speaker 2: It just can only be so good. I think it's got a ceiling of rosotto.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you don't see a lot like Master Chef or anything that the big good grease shows to you. All Right, you have an hour and I need that p and leaks. Okay, Chef Ransi's coming out, so make sure it's good.
Speaker 2: I mean they're good. Rosuttos are good, but I just don't imagine it's your favorite meal. Josh There.
Speaker 7: I go there once a week every Sunday.
Speaker 4: I go there and have it same meal.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, so it's Riduccio and what else Proscuccio.
Speaker 7: Ridicuo and Prescuito Rosotto is just an.
Speaker 1: Italian soccer player, Ridico.
Speaker 2: I think it's one of the lyrics in Bohemian Raid.
Speaker 1: All right, Joshua, thank you very much. You have a good day.
Speaker 7: Thank you mate, you too.
Speaker 3: Rest I love a rosorta and it's one of the hardest things to make as.
Speaker 4: Hi Christian and team how are you?
Speaker 1: We're good? Where must we go? Tity, you must go?
Speaker 4: And it's in Euroa again and it's called flam Shan. Chinese restaurants love it, the old flam Sham. Yep, you must go there. I used to work there. I lived in Euroa and the Chinese it's the chili chicken plum. It's a must.
Speaker 1: Chicken plum, Chili chicken plum.
Speaker 4: And also I always get a bag of frozen dim sims and bring it home with me back to Melbourne, sell them at market car Oh no, my husband would kill me if I tried to sell them to anyone.
Speaker 1: So they let you just it's that because you're a former employer, Can any of us just walk away with a bag of frozen goods.
Speaker 4: Oh, probably because I'm a former employee and Connie loves me.
Speaker 2: Tell us the code work.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so if I go it Connie in Today's Christian. Uh, you know I used to work here with Tanya and Connie the old Give me the bag of the old frozen ones.
Speaker 4: It's impossibly, you never know, she might do that.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Connie. Flam sham, all right, thank you very much, chan no problem. Clam sham or flam sham, Clama, no flam.
Speaker 3: I think she said flamshare.
Speaker 1: That's what I saw. Flam sham said ten times.
Speaker 8: Rosie, Hi Christian, how are you?
Speaker 1: I am good, Rosie? Where must I go? What must I have?
Speaker 8: You simply must must must go to Emma Cone's restaurant in West Melbourne. It's a traditional Italian restaurant that's been around for sixty years.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 5: I love all the.
Speaker 8: And you simply must must have the garlic mushroom.
Speaker 1: Love a garlic mushroom. Yes, So is it more like one of those old traditional Italians you know where it's like a trattoria.
Speaker 8: Oh it's yes, it is. It hasn't got a huge menu. Everything is is absolutely divine.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm getting I'm salivating this. I love a good old sort of family run Italian restaurants, been going for years and you've got like an elderly none are out the back stir and that old ragoo source all day.
Speaker 8: That's that's right.
Speaker 1: And what's it called Againe and Maconie restaurant in West Melbourne. We have to have a little team much there, All right, Rosie, thank you very much. No problems, No problems. Glass, He's got no problems.
Speaker 7: Deborah, Yes, good morning, Christian, Pats and Jacko.
Speaker 1: Hello Deebra And where must we go?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: You absolutely must go to Phonsie's Diner in kill Sight. Step back into the past and have yourself. You must have yourself the most incredible Camembert popper. You crunch into the crispy coding and you get a little zing off the jilly and then you get this explosion of molten camembert.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is great.
Speaker 7: Mind the roof of your mouth though it will burn.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, it's just like.
Speaker 1: A four K tasting there. That was very well described. You already took us through the whole stages of it.
Speaker 7: All fantastic. Should go, you must go.
Speaker 2: It deemed like Happy Day.
Speaker 1: You've got the old juke.
Speaker 7: Box, It absolutely is. There's so much memorabilia in there. The waitresses are dressed back in the day when they did Happy Days. The food, the rest of the food is incredible. The host Debbie is fantastic and yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Must go, gotta go. Chemist thing about the old Camembert Poppers. I remember Fonsiere cunning It's themed bar from the Camembert Poppers because they just really love them.
Speaker 2: That episode where Fondie burnt the roof of his mouth.
Speaker 1: Camembert because and then the molten Camembert. We're right, we gotta go, we must, we must, we must. But this is a great one. Thank you very much, you caught it. You have a good day you too, by all. Do you know I've decided this is it? You know you and I have took before. But having some kind of food awards. How many times you go into a place. They've got some old it's been in there a couple of years where they were like Takeaway of the Year three aw or the held Son in two thousand and three. We need our food awards and they will be called you must, you must, and the winner if you really are right. You could be a nominee, so in then you must, and then the Gold Standards you really must, and they can put that up in the restaurants. We need to start eating this food. Carl a brighter.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the question you know Carl Show Podcast