Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast. I have been thinking a lot about mirrors. I learned recently that the reason they put mirrors in lifts is so the time goes by quickly. Did you tell me that flex?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like, wait a second, Hold on a second. I had read it, but they were saying there was this office building that had two lifts, and it would take a while for the lift to come, people to get in and get out, and people would express being quite like disgruntled with the whole experience. Then they put a bunch of mirrors in the lobby and found that when people are distracted by their own reflection, they're not as aware of how much time is or is not passing by.
Speaker 1: It's a bit to me, saw this, TikTok, that's a potential. You have a You have a source. Her name is Chloe's Secret Account with five teeths, and she says, I truly believe humans were never designed to have full access to mirrors and cameras to see their reflections in full light. It's not normal for a species to be so consumed by their self image that they prioritize it over having fun and living life years and years ago, they wouldn't have had the ability to see reflection without looking into clear water, et cetera. I wonder if that was a happier time, if that was the time where people felt confident in themselves without having to look for validation from others.
Speaker 2: So slippery slope to say that back in the days was when we did things correctly. I just don't know if modern inventions are doing what they're meant to do.
Speaker 1: It's not trial and airbabe, modern medicine. Throw it out.
Speaker 2: And I mean, honestly, we talked about Narcissus. I was thinking last time, this man fell in love with his own reflection. It's not the modern mirror. It's just being able to perceive yourself in a way that you can like adjust to make others feel differently about you. That is, that's the real juicy kicker.
Speaker 1: So what's this about Narcissus Greek mythology?
Speaker 2: This guy fell in love with his own reflection looking into a pool of water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then did he fall in and drown or not? A spoilers, sorry, I swear, Okay, No, there was another one, and it was the picture of Dorian Gray. You heard of this? Did you see the play? Picture of Dorian Gray. It's a man. If I remember it was a long play.
Speaker 2: That's why I didn't go see it.
Speaker 1: Please continue. And Juliette was a banger. Basically, picture of Dorian Gray? Doan Gray? Is this hot guy? I could totally be butchering this this guy, and he's like to this painter. The painter's like, I'll paint a picture of you and it will age, so you don't have to age.
Speaker 2: Oh, gorge.
Speaker 1: So this man is constantly whatever age he is, whatever age is optimal, that's up to interpretation, of course.
Speaker 2: Oh we're over the hill away, yeah, log over.
Speaker 1: The heart mechanics, extreme decline from here. The picture kept getting older. Then they tried to hide the picture. They're very upset that the pre existed. So I think that humans were always we were always thinking about ourselves.
Speaker 2: We were programmed with Shane. If it wasn't the if it wasn't Mirass, it was gonna be something else.
Speaker 1: Damn. That's on that. You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, tune in to cater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.