Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, we're doing double thumbs up. We do this every Friday. What are the things that we're really into and enjoying at the moment. A couple of quick ones for me. The Pit one of the best TV shows the last ten years, an incredible TV show. Cannot recommend it hard enough. The second season just finished last weekend and was beautiful and incredible, credible. Is a work of art. How they've made that so good?
Speaker 1: That show? Oh my god? I love The Pit.
Speaker 2: Also, I love John hamm second season of Your Friends and Neighbors that's on Apple TV. Very funny, great idea as well. And then go to the cinema this weekend and go and see Project Hell Mary. I cannot say enough good words about that movie. Reminds me of why as kids. I think as kids we were so lucky. Before there were big franchise movies and Malta versus. There were great stories. You think about Spielberg, George Lucas, just really good storytelling, that was charismatic, had big stars, big sort of action sequences, and it was good people overcoming something. Ryan Godzin stuck in space with that intergalactic I don't know who Rocky is, a crab or whatever it is. It's a relentlessly funny, heartfelt, optimistic movie.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It's relentlessly optimistic and we need to have hope right now being given back to us, and that's what that movie does. There's a reason why it is becoming one of the biggest movies over the last couple years.
Speaker 1: It's not part of a franchise. It's an incredible story.
Speaker 2: It's a joyous movie, isn't it, guys, Pats nats, you've seen it.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. I think optimism is a really great point. There's just all this intermitted little bits of joy right through it. I loved it, our family loved it.
Speaker 1: See it. Yeah, it's a big hit for us as well. I'm faction it. I've booked to go see it again next week. Oh wow, it reminded me of the Heydays. It's got that.
Speaker 2: Hormark soob It's not a Spilberg movie, but it felt like a classic Steven Spielberg movie. Yeah, I would describe it genuinely as et for grown ups.
Speaker 1: Yes, I couldn't make it any clear. I can't think of it clear away to set.
Speaker 2: But I guarantee if you go and sit it this weekend, you will you'll want to call and actually talk about it Monday. It really lit my whole family up. It's hard these days to all when you got two teenagers that want to see They just want to see that new one, the drama.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yes one, yeah, yeah, is it.
Speaker 2: Older, old mate. He's in every other movie now, the new shallow may Lordie, Lordie. They're all interchangement, aren't they, Shamela, I can't do this one, Jacob. If you've got this one, then you owe me. They're like they must be on the subs bench. They're in every other movie.
Speaker 1: Those two.
Speaker 2: They want to go and see that, and so as I, please, can we go and see Project Hail Mary. We loved it as a family. It's a great movie. Go and see that. Don't wait for streaming, go and see it at the cinema as well. It's what movies were made for. Christian, my wife and I really loving last one. Laughing second season on Prime Hosterer by Jimmy Carr.
Speaker 1: It's very funny. I'm watching it at the moment. Second season.
Speaker 2: I've got an extra couple of comedians in Ramish who's very very funny, and David Mitchell as well. If you've ever seen the quiz Show, the panel show would allow to you. David Mitchell's a regular on that. It's such a funny show. A bunch of comedians in a house. Last person not laughing wins. The whole thing is to make each other laugh. That's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never really really good idea. That's very good.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Patsy, what are you enjoying? What are you giving your double thumbs up to this week?
Speaker 3: Our family. It's not new to Netflix, but it's new to our family. We've just discovered it. Down for Love if you like love on the spectrum.
Speaker 1: I did love that. I thought it was beautiful, adore this.
Speaker 3: It's a New Zealand production. It's absolutely joyous and he watch as people with Down syndrome navigate the world of dating. It is absolutely heartwarming, it is uplifting and it's just pure sunshine in what you know. This world can sometimes be a little hardcore right now and It's just lovely to sit down for an hour as a family and watch these people just spring to life and find love. It's absolutely gorgeous. We cry at times. It's just they are such amazing people and it's beautiful. It's called Down for Love and it's on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Ria, What are you up to at the moment.
Speaker 4: I've just finished watching Netflix have an untold series that they've done, like The America's Cup one, Johnny Manziel, Malice in the Palace. The latest one is about a chess scandal which.
Speaker 1: I've seen the way, come on five or whatever.
Speaker 4: It is all right in the one corner you've got Magnus Culson, the Norwegian goat, been world champion for sixteen years.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show on podcast,