Speaker 1: Laura, come on here, Hi ladies, Hi everyone.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the coffee. Girls. One of the girls got me a coffee to start the show. It's very nice. Who got the.
Speaker 1: Coffee should be fin about it. You'll never know from the business account. So we all paid for the coffee mutually.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not part of that business. That's Life Uncut Proprietary Limited. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean we are keeping a tally though, and we would like that to be deducted from your salary.
Speaker 3: You don't get paid. Yeah, you seem like shocked, like, oh my god, the girls brought me coffee. We bring it every day. Yeah, you're acting like this is something like it's a rarity. But every single.
Speaker 2: Show, answer me, who got me the coffee?
Speaker 3: Laura today? But the business paid for it?
Speaker 2: L did interesting because it's not my order.
Speaker 3: It's an almond maciato.
Speaker 1: I don't drink fancy little you don't drink.
Speaker 2: Shoot, so strong.
Speaker 3: Up, get on with your life.
Speaker 2: Very first world problem.
Speaker 3: Someone touched some grass.
Speaker 4: Laura actually recently got me the wrong order coffee too, and I was like, I still drink it because it's to me, I say the wrong order. I drink any milk that is not like proper dairy milk, so any yet non dairy. I've always been all the last three years, I've been a sowet. But Laura got me an almond and I was like, I was like, thank you. I was like, you know, I'm a say now though, She goes, you've always been almond, and I was like, haven't had an almond coffee three years?
Speaker 1: But I don't know what you guys are trying to establish. You're trying to establish I don't pay attention to like, not at all. Who what's your name again?
Speaker 2: It's very true. I love you.
Speaker 1: I love you to I'll have that coffee fakes because I'm running on zerously, so you can pass it over.
Speaker 2: You're going to complain, all right, let's go up next. You've got someone to complain about.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, just something that everyone does that I've really noticed has started to tick me off. It probably shouldn't, but I'm here to complain what I've come here for today.
Speaker 2: I often thought maybe I'm a bit like Brittany Honky. This is a great way to put it to the test. Yeah yeah, yeah, next here at the pickup.
Speaker 4: So this happened to me on the weekend and I had this huge realization that this is probably want to go out because people make me feel uncomfortable. Mitch, you were, and that's not a blakest saint.
Speaker 3: You didn't go out on the weekend though. There's a reason I went out on the weekend. Went to a party.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: I was there and Mitch was there.
Speaker 4: We went to It was a mutual friends party and it was a great night. But when I left, I had this really like awkward encounter with somebody that I don't know very well, like I know them through someone else that they would just at the party to the point of like I'd never met them in person.
Speaker 3: I just knew them from all qua an online acquaintance. I didn't even follow them online. Oh yeah, it just like knew them through people. How long did you get talking to this person for a little while?
Speaker 4: It was at the end anyway, when we were leaving, I went up and said goodbye to a lot of people, so I didn't just smoke bomb and I said goodbye, and he was like, a, Hey, it's been so great to talk to you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to miss you.
Speaker 4: And I just looked at him and I was like, y'all, I'll see you around and I was like, weird that he said miss you.
Speaker 3: You don't know me. Then he said okay, babe, love you, and I said bye.
Speaker 4: So he told me he missed me and he loved me in like twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: Now I don't know this person.
Speaker 4: And then I I was so awkward and uncomfortable, and I was like, why do people throw away these terms of I love you and.
Speaker 3: I miss you?
Speaker 4: You know, when you run into someone and they're like, can't wait to catch up, You're.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, we're never going to catch up. I think you're overthinking it a bit though.
Speaker 1: I love you, yeah, but people just throw it around as like a term of endearment kind of thing, like I love you, like he clearly doesn't love you. Sorry to break into your brain why she thought maybe he did he doesn't love you.
Speaker 3: But no, it's the same. It's exactly what you just mentioned.
Speaker 1: It's when you run into an old sex, someone from school or someone who's from your past, and you go, oh my god, so good to see you. We should get coffee, and you both know you're never going to get coffee. It's just something you say to wrap up the conversation.
Speaker 3: I can't bring myself to say back if I don't mean it.
Speaker 2: But you don't have to just what He said it to me too, and I just said I love you, did you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course I don't love him. You don't have to. You don't have to say it back.
Speaker 2: If someone says to you I love you, you have to say it no, no, because yes you do. Because if it's in a relationship with a partner, it's different. But can I break it to you, girls, different levels of love exist, you know, either of the two of you. I also love my partner. I also love the girl that made me a killer and cat this morning at the cafe.
Speaker 3: You don't love her, I will.
Speaker 4: I was dating someone before my current partner bent very briefly, and like three weeks into this very brief dating, he said to me in the back of the car and he said he looked at me and he said I love you. And I burst into laughter and I was because I wasn't expecting it, and I said, no, you don't.
Speaker 3: He's like, yes I do. I said, no, no.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 3: We ended up having a back and forth and I.
Speaker 4: Was like, you can't possibly love and I refused to say it back.
Speaker 3: I cannot return I love you.
Speaker 2: If I don't love you, you guys are old school? Can I tell you? Like jen Z, the young Ones, the Zillennials, you just throw it around. The world is better when you love You're sorry.
Speaker 3: It's just a overbear. I love you. I say it.
Speaker 4: No, I say it to people I know, like I'm like, okay, love you, love you, love you, key things, Bye, I say it like that. But this was different and you saw it, Mitch. He goes, Okay, I love you, I miss I'll miss you. You know it was a real moment.
Speaker 2: This is so rich coming from the Girls, whose podcast tagline is we love love.
Speaker 3: We love real love, we don't love fake love.
Speaker 2: Wow, we created equal.
Speaker 3: Not all love is created equal.
Speaker 2: Tell book me in the eyes and tell me you love me.
Speaker 3: But I do love you. I love you, Mitch.
Speaker 1: That's not awkward for me because that's the truth. I love you, guys. Also, I mean, I do think it's it's just a bit overbearing. I do think a lot of people throw it around. They don't mean it. Would I be as what I have an existential crisis over it? Probably not, but I felt very uncomfortable. Yeah, well so you said nothing and you just walked away.
Speaker 4: We had this really awkward moment where he looked at me to say it back, and I was like, okay, fine.
Speaker 3: He was like, I saw it was awkward.
Speaker 2: He said to me because we left together, said to me the stairwell, he said, I loved you, Like, can you believe it? I said yeah, he said it to me too.
Speaker 1: I didn't get it, as in, you didn't get why she was so weird it out by it.
Speaker 4: Why well, okay, mish, let's let's put this to the test. Why don't we get you to call someone and tell them you love them and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Who can he call but someone that's not like a direct love in my life?
Speaker 3: Well, you can't call someone you love and say you love them.
Speaker 2: Call Little Saint Steve and or my parents.
Speaker 3: You can call my husband tell him that you love him.
Speaker 1: You probably do love Matty J, though, do you know that's the problem. That's what's more awkward is that I actually think you do love him, and he will find that awkward.
Speaker 2: He'll probably love you badt. No, we talk a lot, but I've never said I love Yes. Let me tell mattiy J I love him. That's every gay man's dream and I'm about to do it live on the radio. Let's do it, Okay, I've got his number. I don't even need to get it from you, Laura. That's because she loves all right, let's go to a break, producer, Grace, can you connect it all when we come back with Matty J.
Speaker 3: We love him.
Speaker 2: I'm declaring my love for Maddie J. I'm the pick up.
Speaker 3: If you're just joining us.
Speaker 4: We've been talking about throwing away the term I love you when I miss you to people that you do not love and you do not miss because I think the term I love love and I love telling people I love that I love them. But when you've met a stranger or someone you don't know when they say that they miss you when they love you, I just can't recipt.
Speaker 1: Bridge just thinks that the I love yous are being thrown around a bit to willy nilly these days.
Speaker 2: Oh they are.
Speaker 3: There's it's such a frivolous word.
Speaker 2: I live a long, happy life saying I love you to randoms I meet because it's fun to just give love.
Speaker 1: But also like I just don't think people don't take it that seriously. It's like when you ask someone how they are, and everyone just says I'm good, Like no one actually says.
Speaker 2: Well, actually I yes.
Speaker 3: No I am.
Speaker 1: But when you go to a cafe and you get a coffee in the morning and they say like, oh, you're having a good day, that they don't expect you to go no, it's been horrible and like here's my therapy session. They expect you to say, yeah, good. There's just like pleasant trees that we exchange along the way.
Speaker 4: Why and I love you and miss you? Isn't a pleasant tree? You bestole a pot from the person that makes your coffee. Okay, so we've told we've said that Midge Mitch is pro throwing the love term around.
Speaker 3: So I said, you're gonna call Manny j Laura's husband.
Speaker 1: Because because the reason for this is is that I love you makes some people feel awkward.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to call it now.
Speaker 4: I think if you call Mannie Jane, te him you love him, I think it's going to be reciprocated. I think he'll say back, what do you think, Laura? Yeah, I kind of do as well. To be honest, let's call mate Jay. You guys have to be quiet.
Speaker 5: Claim Hi, Matt's influence a hotline.
Speaker 3: How can I help you?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 2: Hello? How are you good?
Speaker 5: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 2: Hey, sorry, I know you're busy. I'll be quick. I have a joke that I need your opinion on. I don't know if it's it needs a bit of tweaking. It's just for the radio show, okay, so it's it could be dumb. I just need your thoughts. Elton John was asked if he wanted a side of letters with his steak.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: He was at a restaurant and they went, do you want let us with your steak? Elton right? And he said, no, thanks, I'm a rocket man.
Speaker 5: Good right, very good, very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, is that all right? I'm going to submit it for like's I got to do it on air, and I just want to see it words. All right, thanks man, all right, I'll let you go. I love you.
Speaker 5: That's it?
Speaker 2: Yeah man, easy, okay, all right, love.
Speaker 7: You, love you, buddy, I love you, Matkahu.
Speaker 1: You need to call him back and I need more from this because he knows you.
Speaker 3: Said I love you. See that is how I felt. That is how I felt. That's how I call him back. Little He said, A joke was good though it was very funny. It was funny.
Speaker 2: I was chucking so much. Hello you miss say goodbye? Yeah, I said goodbye, love you. You hung up?
Speaker 5: Sorry I heard that. I chose I chose to ignore that.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you chose to ignore that?
Speaker 5: Well, I just I didn't want to make it awkward and say thanks, so I just hung up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, sorry to spoil this, but you just say it back. You just say love you too.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: I don't like obviously we've in friends for a little while, but I just feel like when the time is right for us, we'll both know. And I felt like it would have been rushing it if fast to say it just now.
Speaker 2: Once a bachelor, always a bachelor. You know you gave that line so many women on TV. Does not work with me, buddy.
Speaker 5: Look, really, I'm really happy with how our relationship has been progressing. But I just feel like if I was to say it back to you right now, it would be disingenuous and I don't want to be that person. But look, let's just see how things go and we can just we can just touch back.
Speaker 2: You are a turn coat? Do you not love me at all? Not even as a.
Speaker 3: Friend, Matt, You don't have to be pressured into.
Speaker 2: You're on the pick up.
Speaker 4: I cannot say thank you enough because this whole thing came about because I said, people say I love you too easily, and Mitch was convinced that you just say it back, and I said, if you don't mean it, you can't say it.
Speaker 3: And you so just prove my point.
Speaker 4: I'm so grateful as the wife of this man right here.
Speaker 3: I'm so grateful that you don't throw it around Willie Milly. Now it means more when you say it.
Speaker 2: Not trying to screw your husband.
Speaker 3: Stoping up my husband.
Speaker 5: This is actually the ninth to that made this phone call and had this exact conversation so.
Speaker 3: Out it's so funny.
Speaker 4: People don't just want to look manage. Would rather have hung up on you than said he.
Speaker 2: Heard it and hung up and then called back and doubled down.
Speaker 4: He committed, yeah, thanks many, I love you.
Speaker 5: I love you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Was looking.
Speaker 3: I think it was to me.
Speaker 2: Meghan Trainer. We adore Her has a brand new album that he's out now, and that's Mother. But this is Oh, It's to the Moon. It's on the new album. We love Her, right, ladies, So.
Speaker 4: Damn good I'm so excited we've been. I mean, I feel like we got a little bit of a special listen, didn't we We got a special session.
Speaker 3: We got to listen to it before it was released. You've absolutely killed it. What was your inspired?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 6: I'm so lady that song.
Speaker 8: My inspo for that song is my son Riley. He's three years old now. He loves the moon and rocket chips and outer space and astronauts. And I decorated his whole room and he has this rug that says to the moon on it, and we always say I love you to the Moon to back. And so in my list of titles, I had to the Moon and I was like, dude, we got to write like a love song that's like my Love's gonna take you to the moon. Like I already had that all laid out. And then all my songs, all my hit songs recently, are all like major chords and like happy. So for to the Moon, we wanted to be like moody and viby, and I was like, she needs to be hot, like the girl love.
Speaker 6: Your dreams like spooky, and then when we.
Speaker 8: Get to the chorus, I wanted to flip on their face and punch them in the gut. And I want to be like MS, my love, my love, you know, and we did it basis.
Speaker 3: I love how you describe this.
Speaker 1: You're like, I'm gonna it's a song for my children, but I wanted the bait to punch you in the gut. It's got to still be about both. But also you becoming a mom. Have you found that you're you're like the things that you're writing about, the way in which you're approaching your music. Have you found that it's changed now that you're in a different phase of life.
Speaker 6: It's so much better. They make you work harder.
Speaker 8: They inspire me to push myself and be better overall as a human.
Speaker 6: Like I don't know if you noticed, but I've like, never looked better.
Speaker 2: I've never been We all noticed.
Speaker 1: I think it's amazing because so many people who are going to have kids you worry about how it's going to impact your your career. So many women worry about how having children is going to stop them from being able to achieve things. So seeing you absolutely smash it being a mom of two kids is it's an inspiration not just for your children, but for other women out there who are able to look on and realize, you know what, life still exists beyond having children.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I always tell people, I don't know if this is an experience for every mama out there, but for me, I hope to give hope because they literally started, they like ignited my life, Like they started a fire in me that I never had. I told my husband I look at them all the time, and I go when we're all cuddling, I'm like, oh, oh, I'm.
Speaker 6: Peeking, you know, Like we're very normal.
Speaker 8: We're very regular, and I think my family like keeps us all very humble.
Speaker 6: My brothers.
Speaker 3: Something that I love is speaking of your brother.
Speaker 4: But you've got your podcast working on it, and it's pretty unfiltered. There's not a lot that you don't talk about. Is there anything that you think about? Oh, shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 8: There's only one thing that I don't love that keeps getting sent around.
Speaker 6: I am unfiltered. I don't know how to lie.
Speaker 8: I freak out, and I'm like, I gotta tell you truth, like even about like my poop schedule and everything other than that. Like I don't mind when people are running stories about like she's such a weird or that she's just too toilets next to each other. I'm like, oh, you don't know what love is, you know, like I can.
Speaker 6: Brush off that stuff. But being being so open on my podcast, it's great. The one thing I'm like, oh, please stop.
Speaker 8: Writing articles about that is that I talked about sex time with my hubby and that I would like be uncomfortable afterwards, and I would.
Speaker 6: I said, he's a big boy.
Speaker 8: And I keep seeing Megan Megan walked weird after because your husband's a big boy, And I'm like, please stop.
Speaker 3: I think you would love.
Speaker 4: That that's being sent around like I'm sure he doesn't have a problem with.
Speaker 6: It, like and he is big boy.
Speaker 8: But it turns out that I actually had something going on with my huhah called nismith.
Speaker 6: That but also my vestibula was because of all.
Speaker 8: The hormones of pregnancy. It was like not infected, but like it's all wrong to where if it feels like glass, like it's all right red and I have to like put on testosterum cream.
Speaker 6: It's a whole nightmare.
Speaker 8: I'm like, nobody talks about it, but every girl suffers from this, and like back in the day, doctors were like just drink up, honey, like, deal with it. And now they're like, oh, it's science and your chemicals are all messed up down there because your hormones from pregnancy. And I was like, oh, I have to tell someone, you know, because I know I thought I was.
Speaker 6: Just like super small and uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before we let you go. You here in Australia, I'm doing Australian Idol. We've very on Kyle Sandalans on the same network as US, but we loved you. You left, and then I'm reading rooms. I'm like trying to google to see if you'd come back, but then there's roomors like, oh, maybe you'll do American Idol because Katy Perry's just announced she's leaving. Is that something you'd consider doing? Right?
Speaker 8: It's my dying wish, it is my it is my oh my deathbed.
Speaker 6: What do I want to be a judge on American Idol?
Speaker 8: I like, I just love that show so much and I have done so many other shows like it, like Australian Idol, and I'm like, I know what I'm doing. Coach put me in like I was there recently as a mentor and I was like, oh, my moll on set, you know, like I it is just too cool for me, and I got really attached to the these adorable superstars that are so talented. And then I performed on the show and I was like I belong here, and I know Katie is like about to leave the show and do probably just like a break and I will fill in. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We will send this straight to the execs. Just so you know you're on the campaign trail with you. Don't worry well.
Speaker 2: You are are a bloody super star. Timeless is out now, the latest album from Megan Trainer. Obviously you can get this on it which we love is to the Moon everyone, Oh love you, thank you on the show.
Speaker 6: I love you forever. I promise we.
Speaker 3: Love you.
Speaker 2: All right. That's Meghan Trainer. Everyone here on the pickup. If you missed it, Her brand new album Timeless is out going stream it