Speaker 1: Unapologetically Black would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the lands where this podcast is being hurt or watched across this great island continent now known as Australia and across the world. We would also like to pay our respects to elders past and present and acknowledged that this always was and always will be Average Land.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Unapologetically Black with Ginny Mara and Will Hi.
Speaker 3: Everyone, Welcome to another episode of Unapologetically Black. I'm your host, Ginny, and I'm joined by the Deadliest Fab crew.
Speaker 4: Oh and my co host.
Speaker 3: I need to come up with the thing every episode I want to call you something different. Today, I'll call you Megevon, my co host, our co host.
Speaker 1: That's the easiest.
Speaker 4: Will but the host, Yeah, thank you, the pretty one.
Speaker 5: The pretty one, the magic the magic one disappear.
Speaker 4: In the small hold one.
Speaker 5: Why did I wait? No, I thought I was the anyway. Look, we're sweaty whatever, We're.
Speaker 1: Not sweaty today.
Speaker 4: We're actually really cool and it was It.
Speaker 1: Was so good just to actually hear the last episode, yeah, to kind of go okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I feel like we're getting our groove and we I've only met you will in the last month, and then you.
Speaker 1: Just said that you're related to the Monros and we was like, well, I'm a Monro too.
Speaker 5: We related.
Speaker 1: Isn't that like the blackest thing ever?
Speaker 3: So now we can't hook up, Will, I'm not sure we could.
Speaker 2: Have because I am raging a homosexual.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's older.
Speaker 1: Okay, so good. Jenny is married as well.
Speaker 2: Right, just to be the first time I heard a kissing cousins though, Oh stop, it's this episode.
Speaker 1: Stop. Okay, have you ki, my cousin?
Speaker 4: Are you about to tell us something?
Speaker 2: I will tell you a story though about potentially I was out at a gay bar many years ago and I was kind of, you know, doing my thing.
Speaker 5: Will.
Speaker 2: I'm saying on the dance walk on it's malt ego, and I was thrown around like it was no one's business, and I started chadding to this lad black fellow. Next minute realized like we were about to, you know, kind of go to the next level of having a bit of a cheeky passion of the dance floor.
Speaker 5: Realized we cousins.
Speaker 3: I'll start, well, I'll tell you I used to go to White Hill Touch Carnival every year.
Speaker 5: Wait, where white white white.
Speaker 1: It used to be called not white Hill white like white seal, full of black fellows.
Speaker 5: White Hill.
Speaker 1: It's known for a lot of mob from Queensland as first Contact Touch football Carnival. But now it's just like the.
Speaker 4: I don't even think they happen anymore though, but they don't.
Speaker 1: It's it's Gorne which was It's a shame, but I know the first contact toutch carnival.
Speaker 3: So you too, the big Queensland Touch kind of like, and it was where you went as black followers, especially when I was younger, to like see what was on the out there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: The menu on the menu nego.
Speaker 1: After I hooked up with somebody herself in then Mie was at the Touch Carnival and I'm like, okay, so you got a kid in the mouth. I was like, okay, definitely, that's got to just be something in the past.
Speaker 4: You didn't want to fight her, she.
Speaker 2: Want to fight you that time.
Speaker 5: Now you got ice cream.
Speaker 1: I just kind of thought like, really, you're not no brother, come on.
Speaker 3: So but when I was younger, that was like the place you went to go see like if you want to there was all these black follows in one place you had a good chance of finding you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean, there's no good chance to find your cousin.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 3: Well, and then I remember this black follow was like eyed me down the whole day, like you know, you know, when someone's looking at you, and then it would be and anyway, so mem like, isn't that a like an islander thing?
Speaker 4: Yes, but I.
Speaker 3: Think it's I think it's probably universal for beca one.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: And I was with my friends and they him and his little friends came out and they're like, oh. He was like, where are you from? And I was like, oh, my family's from you know, we have doing a spiel my friend.
Speaker 4: My family's from Tumula. I'm an Ox.
Speaker 3: And he goes, oh, yeah, Who's who's your mom? And I was like Tracy Orcher and he was like okay, and then he's like Knox.
Speaker 4: How are you Knox? I said, my grandmother's Vivian Knox. And then he was.
Speaker 3: Like all right then, cars, it's nice to me. I'll catch you around with that.
Speaker 1: Well, they've sorted it out how to go meant to be right, So he was your cousin.
Speaker 4: Far related enough.
Speaker 1: We didn't even get that far. We did the little dance but didn't get to dance properly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she like plays that thought like every black fellow gathering like the knockouts, like right for it.
Speaker 5: You've got to go through first till.
Speaker 2: Your families before we start done that after party, that knockout.
Speaker 1: It's like, you shouldn't even go to the knockout if you're married out.
Speaker 4: You can serious should Yeah, you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Because if you do go and you're with your man, you're going to see all them other fellers that you once either you know, had a little thing for, but it was only at the knockout. There you look at each other.
Speaker 2: And then they run on the field, the two men playing against each other. You'll talk to my woman and EN's brawl.
Speaker 4: Oh that's never happening for unfortunately.
Speaker 3: But we there's definitely what knockout babies out there here that every year that.
Speaker 5: Baby there has to be what do they call there's a saying for it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I'll tell you a story. This is a true story now and my brother boys probably listening here. So Ronald car.
Speaker 4: If you don't know my brother.
Speaker 1: Ronald Carr Watson, he's father. You know a lot of Watson's out there and Sherburg. Big shout out to you all if you're listening. Ronald Carr went to Townsville and he was playing in a knockout and he went down the shop, got in a Hamburger chips. He's waiting for a feed and he sees this little young fellow and he said, oh, this folly can't look a bit hungry. So he said, you right, you want a feed or what? He goes, yeah, yeah, So he brought him a feed and he's like, what where you live at? What you doing? He and then he said, oh n something like I just down the road. And he goes, well, you want a lift home? I'll take you home anyways, my brother, because Ronald is like a big brother to me, he drives him home and walks up and opens the door, knocks on the door and says, oh no, just giving him a lift anyways. I don't know what made Ronald ask him, but he says to him before he got to the mother's house, he said, where are you from? He says, oh, my mom's so and so, but my father I never met him before. He's from Sherburg. No records. Hey, I'm from Sherburg. He says, what do you know your father's name? His name's Ronnie Carr and Ronald Record, that's my father's name. True story, Ronald literally introduced himself to the mum and she had another little follow that was both his father's kids. So Ronald Carr my big brother. I hope you don't mind me telling people.
Speaker 4: Still right now if you do.
Speaker 1: But he met he met his little brother at a takeaway store in Townsville. I went back and said later his mother and there's another little follow there. So in terms of knockout babies, obviously, my uncle had a family back in Sherburg and a lot of black follows that played in their knockouts. And whether it's a Corey knockout or the Murray knockout or what's the answer is back to the first question, I have actually never kissed a cousin. True story me, I haven't.
Speaker 4: Kissed a cousin either.
Speaker 5: I almost kissed a cousin.
Speaker 4: Well I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Well, let me ask you, because we're talking about the knockout, can I say one thing that really fucks me off?
Speaker 5: Knockout? Here we go, which really really fucks me off? Is when you get there, how fucking expensive the food is like.
Speaker 1: None is expensive, but like lift the fucking standards.
Speaker 5: It's the food.
Speaker 1: It's just eat sausage, rolls, pies and hot chip snack.
Speaker 2: We went to we went to one at Newcastle a couple of years back and we get there just so much was for a sausage sandwich twelve dollars?
Speaker 5: Do you can get a country sausage from bloody Bunnings.
Speaker 4: For two bucks?
Speaker 5: And this was it was the worst a really pay.
Speaker 1: You know what I fucking hate about the sausage? What at Bunnings they don't butter the bread.
Speaker 5: They butter the bread In New South Wales it's just dry.
Speaker 1: Bread, dry bread. Take that dry ship and shove it where the sun don't shine. But yeah, you can't have a sausages or without butter.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: So whilst we're on the topic of things that fuck you off, which we're going to call or fuck me off, which we're going to now call the FMOS, what's one thing.
Speaker 3: That well, I'm gonna I'm going to go back to the knockout and say I'm what fox me off?
Speaker 4: Is? What's with all this sugar free ship?
Speaker 5: Because we've got diabetes.
Speaker 1: Listen, I understand that she's now talking about the q m C. I am about the Queens and Murray Carnival. This is Jenny's story. I'm going to step out.
Speaker 3: Because they've gone sugar free. Obviously they're you know, these mule our mom, because I don't feel.
Speaker 4: Like I'm up out of that mob anymore.
Speaker 1: But these mobs discriminated against.
Speaker 3: Me by making me yes no, but I what that The price fucks me off, number one. But then to find out that it's also sugar free double fucks me off because now it tastes like shit as well.
Speaker 4: Now I'm paying.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm paying twelve dollars for a passiowner that isn't really fucking pas.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Can I don't make sugar free Passiota?
Speaker 2: Did they?
Speaker 1: It's it's actually enhanced with a sweetener. So we got some toxic chemical shit in our sugar free stuff. So to all of our mob, I'm not qualified, and some of you are going to be pissed fuck off with me.
Speaker 5: But you know what fucks me off.
Speaker 1: Is that the sugar free shit that has sweetener in it is actually more toxic to our bodies. Look it up, do your research and maybe watch Sweet Misery the documentary and listen.
Speaker 4: Can I just say I am so it grinds my gears. It focks me off so much.
Speaker 3: That I literally we go and I understand that we blackfellows, we have chronic illnesses, but I also there's a difference between educating people about making better choices and then mission managing them out of fucking sorry and an event, and that to feel like there's families there, There's mothers there who have three four kids. There's Woolies outside, obviously they're going out there. I saw a mum get you know, she was trying to buy She went outside because it's sixteen dollars to buy fucking cheeseburger in here without the cheese and anything else without the sauce. To go next door to woolies and grab a hot chook to be able to feel her whole family for ten bucks, and then getting criminalized at the gate for bringing in food.
Speaker 4: Right, so.
Speaker 2: Everybody off is liter literally sounds like the whole knockout, That poor knockout just got dragged. We'll be back right after this breaks. I want to go back to your bag because one thing that fucks me right off is when idiots in planes, as soon as that fucking belt comes off, bank straight up to grab their bags out of that locker.
Speaker 5: No one can go nowhere.
Speaker 4: They sucked me off.
Speaker 5: Why are they Russian?
Speaker 2: I had this one lady I flew up to Brisbane yesterday. This one lady, she was about ninety years old. God, she could throw those bags around like oh, no one's business though she was like the fucking mini hole. She ripped this bag out, pulled it straight out, knocks this fire in the front of her and then she's standing there like like huffing and puffing, and I said, I'm like, where are you going?
Speaker 5: You can't go anywhere. The fucking doors haven't open. It really really like airplane etiquette for me. It fucks me right off.
Speaker 2: And as someone who travels Mara, I can only like assume you've got that many fucking stories about these people on these planes that don't have etiquet. It is probably one of the most infuriating things when these absolute dickheads get off these their seats and.
Speaker 5: Fly out like they're gonna get off real quick. You can't go nowhere.
Speaker 4: No, we also got priority off.
Speaker 5: It's really it's that, you know, I'll take.
Speaker 2: I'll take the no sugar, I'll take the no barbecue sauce. I'll take the no kissing cousins at the fucking knockout. What I won't take is those assholes on those planes made it grows.
Speaker 5: It really fucks me.
Speaker 1: Had the Sunny Coast Air put the other day, right, I saw all these people bank priority board and they're all going, all going, and I knew half of these.
Speaker 5: To beat that one.
Speaker 1: I knew it, and I just stood back and I thought, you know what I'm going to fuck you is up. I'm going to go into the economy lane because when you're care priority boarding and everyone starts to board, you've got a question. Is everyone actually gold, Platinum or business class? So that fucked me off last week.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, I'm one of those people that will get up there and just go, oh, look I didn't realize didn't here because have my headphones in.
Speaker 5: Some of those people that would because.
Speaker 1: Fuck me off. Okay, So what else fucks me up for? This is recently on the plane, like two days ago, the guy next to me wanted to talk to me about the Aboriginals. He said, do you think that the Aboriginals one day will like want a better standard of living for themselves. So you're not what fux me off is that I had nowhere to go. I had to sit there and smile.
Speaker 5: Why.
Speaker 1: He also said that the Palestinians, oh, here we go, just let the more superior race because they're so advanced that they should actually, you know, lay down and die and become part of a more superior race. And he's like, you know, ethnic cleansing.
Speaker 4: Oh, he did not say ethnic.
Speaker 1: I swear, my mother, I swear. He then started talking about ethnic cleansing.
Speaker 5: Did you tell him to go fuck himself?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I said to him? What I said, Well, as an Aboriginal woman, and we are in Australia where my people survived genocide, I said, so I actually don't agree with the fact that indigenous peoples from their homelands, wherever that may be in the world, I don't agree that they should join a more civilized society. I said, in terms of civilized, you're saying that they're more advanced. I said, there are a lot of cultures out there that would argue with you about how advanced their society is. But you wouldn't know that, well, what if.
Speaker 2: I funny when you about civilization? Let me just like what I find about civilized? I find it uncivil. And what would really fuck me off that the Western world find it appropriate to have sex with their cousins, Like that's uncivilized.
Speaker 5: The fact that monarchies do it and the queen was doing it. Oh you know what I mean? Like that they call us uncivilized. Hello, we're not the ones rooting our cousins.
Speaker 2: Maybe kissing cousins at knockouts, but we're not rooting our cousins, right, I'm like, well.
Speaker 5: Well civilized.
Speaker 1: Well I did have a cousin that said, but we're third cousins.
Speaker 5: Wait what sort of thing?
Speaker 2: Apparently the more the third or the more removed.
Speaker 5: They are, you actually can legally marry them.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think you can't be second cousin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stop, this's is here.
Speaker 5: We're blood right.
Speaker 4: At any point in your sorry about.
Speaker 1: Or great great grandfather, if we're still like we've got the same blood, we're still cousins.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I've got a couple of budgie mates who won't budget gay boy again again, the gay boys, the bug that's.
Speaker 5: A Sydney is all the budgies.
Speaker 2: Right, So there's a group of budgers who hang out, and there's one of them that will not date black man.
Speaker 5: If he goes where's your mom from? That you just won't because he won't date blackfellows if he if they're too black for it.
Speaker 3: I guess I've never really thought about it that far, but I can see why that would be turn off your mob.
Speaker 1: So what mom you want.
Speaker 4: Me to be? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Which one does not need to be so we can hook up?
Speaker 4: Who are you not related to it?
Speaker 1: Can I say that? Someone I know and I won't say her name. A couple of people should be listening. It was her birthday and she was partying in King's Cross of Oxford Street and she was like, man, this second see black mother was looking at me all night and I was sicking we're related. She's like, you know what? It was my birthday? No, So I was like, fuck it, you.
Speaker 5: And a hook up?
Speaker 1: We're holking up?
Speaker 5: Did she die?
Speaker 1: She went all the way wrote him all the way to red further and then when she left, she's like, I can't believe I did that. So, yeah, I know I know somebody very close to me who's actually Yeah, enjoy tonight. But it was a birthday present. But you know what, I'm pretty sure she had a few choices at night. The best choice was our cousin. That's terrible, but we're going back three cousins.
Speaker 5: Honestly, there's some like cross my mind, some like there's some when you just got really good looking you mum, you want to do it?
Speaker 4: Said? That line is getting very blurry. It's getting blurry, okay, and I just want to say done me. This is me.
Speaker 5: I'm just thought about it. That's all I'm saying. They were hot, right, I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: And funnily enough, we can't have kids, so we're not going to have ancestor anything.
Speaker 5: Just Christmas dinners.
Speaker 1: Because because.
Speaker 5: What do you go to be yelled at my uncle? Uncle?
Speaker 4: Uncle?
Speaker 5: Stop?
Speaker 1: So really, Fox, you're so this is an episode that we're talking about what ourself, right.
Speaker 4: I don't say what me off his wife cousins the best looking at.
Speaker 5: That's what. Really, my cousins are hot.
Speaker 3: Stop?
Speaker 5: No, do you know what?
Speaker 1: I'm going to go back to my like professional side, Fox.
Speaker 2: Me up when margets or professionally, I'll just I feel like no, I feel like this is like a therapy session, Mari.
Speaker 5: Needed to have a yeah do you feel ah? Fuck?
Speaker 2: So the crew knockout fox us off not being able to kiss our cousin, fuck us off, sugar free, sugar free clearly, clearly, fu off, assholes on flights who don't have etiquette clearly fuxs us all off.
Speaker 5: And the fact that all our cousins are all good looking.
Speaker 1: So, if there's something that fucks you off, do you want to d m us Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes in the comments?
Speaker 1: Put it in the comments because it's it's kind of like being black.
Speaker 2: Let's still a whole series called the f O M series where we get people to like, we.
Speaker 4: Read FMMO, I can't get done.
Speaker 1: Come on, well the f.
Speaker 2: The f m O segment. Will we get people to share what fucks them off?
Speaker 5: Let's share it?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, let's share what pis hashtag FMO what fucks you off?
Speaker 1: Because it's not fomo no no, So don't get confused with that fucking phrase. One more thing before we wrap up this yarn. What fucks me off is that I don't understand all this fucking abbreviation.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 1: Recently, recently it was why are and I'm like, you're what you're right?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Why are?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 4: Abbreviated enough why why.
Speaker 1: In a little message, I'm like, what's your your what? I didn't think they're fit're a racist?
Speaker 5: Yes? No?
Speaker 1: But your hy are was? You're right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Such just a response and a text message because people are so fucking lazy. You are, I know you are? You fuck me? So I remember when my husband first, you know, kind of seeing these shorthand things, and he was like, I don't understand the funk all these letters are and it was laugh my fucking asshole. Okay, then it was l M F B A O laugh my fucking black asshole. But I got that one. I got that one. So that fucks me off is that this younger generation. I don't give a fuck it the gen x, gen y's gen z genu.
Speaker 4: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: When to use the term who's a gen what geny? It fucks me off when I don't understand the little letters that mean a whole sentence. But how smart is it?
Speaker 5: I think it's great, it's genius.
Speaker 2: I don't even write you anymore, like why are you like that?
Speaker 1: Okay? So is there like a resource?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I reckon a guy that has.
Speaker 1: All of these acronyms and abbreviations. You know, when you start a new job, during your kind of induction.
Speaker 4: It's all google sys. Just write it in there. What what?
Speaker 1: Why are I don't want to google it? I was just aparently I want an appendix and you don't. You don't have to be the older generation because I don't think I class I don't. I don't think I am the older generation.
Speaker 5: Only two years old them, I know.
Speaker 1: But my kids seem to.
Speaker 5: Think that I'm old because they're young.
Speaker 1: I know, because I don't understand some of the freaking.
Speaker 5: What is it called?
Speaker 1: I know what that means.
Speaker 5: Now, anyway, this conversation is fu.
Speaker 3: We're gonna write this young but again, yeah, if you want to, if you want to let us know what fucks you off.
Speaker 4: This has been a great conversation.
Speaker 3: I think we'll keep the segment, maybe not as long winded, but we'll keep the fm O. Every episode we should say something that fucks us up.
Speaker 1: So we won't do a whole segment on it.
Speaker 4: But we're just this is the segment.
Speaker 1: But the next episode we're just gonna We're gonna talk about one thing that sucks us up.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we should actually listeners to put in the comment section.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Lasha, I.
Speaker 1: Must say, I feel real liberated.
Speaker 4: Do you feel fuck liberated?
Speaker 5: There on the couch.
Speaker 2: You should see him up, laid up, their legs up, kicking the cameras out.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jinny for giving me this new found freedom of segment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to take credit and say you're welcome.
Speaker 1: Why w I'm loving it.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to Unapologetically, brought to you by Black Cast Unite Our Voices and produced by Cliff Curtis.
Speaker 1: All Right, well a dictionary bye for now.
Speaker 4: That was a good man,