Speaker 1: Life Uncut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country whose lands were never seated. We pay our respects to their elders past and present, Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This episode was recorded on gadigal Land. Hi, guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life on Cut.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura and I'm Brittany, and I'm back from the jungle on Aussie soil in person. Looking at you. Two, well, three, Hello, I missed you, guys. We've got Laura, producer, Keiser and John. Oh, buta boy, it's.
Speaker 1: Been so long.
Speaker 2: I'm enjoying the roll call. It's been so long. She's back. Everybody so long looking great.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what happens with bright and bean diet for a month cleans you out.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't even know the half of it, like beans.
Speaker 3: For me, I don't need to know the half of it, to be fair, I don't need to I don't need to know the consistency.
Speaker 1: I don't need to know all of the details the evacuation. No, I'm okay, I'm back. But what I want to say is, and I don't know how I feel about it. I don't know if I want to be back. Part of me wants to be back in the jungle.
Speaker 2: Having an existential crisis.
Speaker 1: Existential, extonential, existential, existential.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it sounded weird. I haven't used big words in a long time.
Speaker 1: I feel like in this weird way, it's a bit of like Stockholm syndrome.
Speaker 2: And I feel bad saying that.
Speaker 1: But you want to go back to Channel ten, not the ten, but back to my yeah, back to my captors. I felt like we were literally trapped in the jungle. Everything's controlled, like you don't know the time you get fed, what you get fed and given. And I loved it.
Speaker 2: I learned to love it.
Speaker 3: Britt and I have barely seen each other, Like today is the first time that we've seen each other. Brick came back. She went straight to Port McQuary. She's only been back for a couple of days. But I am at the same time learning about like the intricacies of how the jungle works. And I had no idea until this morning that you didn't even know the time of day. So when you're in there, they keep the time from you as a way of just kind of like fucking with your headspace.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the purpose is.
Speaker 1: It's obviously a psychological thing, but you have no concept of when you wake up, when you go to sleep, when you're eating, you know nothing, So you don't know if you've had.
Speaker 2: Four hours sleep eight hours sleep, which is.
Speaker 3: Sort of produced a Keisha would not cope with that. She's like, I need to know how many Like what's my ram? How many hours of deep sleep have I had?
Speaker 2: She's like, I can't go hope.
Speaker 1: But you know what the thing is, and you know how people Keisha included, But you know how people have their sleep apps and their watches and the first thing they do when they wake up is look at like Ben, does it right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks to your garment. Yeah. Wait, Keish, what have you got? Oh a whoop? Yeah, so a whoop.
Speaker 1: And so he'll wake up in the morning and he'll be like, oh great, I had this many hours of deep sleep. And I'm like, why do you look at that? Because you've had the sleep regardless. Why can't you just go off how you feel? Because it's a bit of a mind fuck, right, because if you go onto your app and it goes, oh, you only got one hour, then your set for the day being like I only got one hour. When you wake up and you don't know the time, you don't know how many hours you slept, you go of how you feel.
Speaker 2: No, it's feel good.
Speaker 3: It's because sleep is now a competition, because we compete in everything in life, and sleep is part of that, and we're all combined now competing for who is the best sleeper?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what rem did you get?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I genuinely am scared. Matt woke up yesterday and he has it. He's got a garment or whatever they call it, and he he woke up and he was like, oh, I had three minutes.
Speaker 2: He had three minutes of awake time. That was it.
Speaker 3: So he woke up for three minutes and then the rest of it was like a mix of deep sleep and ram and all the other things. He was like, oh, pretty good. Like eight hours and ten minutes last night. So in that time, like in that eight hours and ten minutes, whilst we were asleep in the middle of the night, Lola gets into our bed, right, so she climbs in and gets into bed. I woke him up and got him to go and get a bottle of water for her.
Speaker 2: So he got up out of it.
Speaker 3: So for the three minutes it was literally the three minutes that he woke up, walked out of the bed, filled the bottle, up, walked back in bed, handed it to her, went straight back to sleep, And I was like, I.
Speaker 2: Have a gold mine on your hands.
Speaker 1: You need to get a whoop that you can wake up in the morning and have proof of the difference in your night's sleep, and then you use that against him.
Speaker 2: For weize and weaponize that for the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: You're like, hey, you got three minutes. I didn't get any sleep, so now you're doing everything.
Speaker 3: I think that that would be the demise of our relationship if I actually business business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a fail on your behalf. There's a there's a golden egg opportunity there, and it's okay. Occasionally sometimes weapini sleep against your partner, especially if you're not having any If you're not having it, yeah, and actually, let's be serious, it's not weaponizing it.
Speaker 2: But it's important if he has.
Speaker 1: His data, that you also have your data and he needs the facts when you enter an argument.
Speaker 3: If I've learned anything from this podcast, it's that if you're entering an argument, know what it is.
Speaker 2: That you're arguing about it. You have your facts ready, but this is the problem.
Speaker 3: What happens though, then, is then you start scorekeeping, you start tallying it up. You start being like, well, I only got this much sleep, so you did this, and then that's tip for tat And that's when they're all, that's that's fucking bad stuff.
Speaker 2: I had an.
Speaker 1: Argument with Matt where you're so deep in it and then you literally say to each other, what do we like?
Speaker 2: What was the argument?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you ever get so deep in the tip for tattooing that you don't remember what you are arguing?
Speaker 3: Because Matt is so grudgy, he really holds a grudge, which is also like he's very good at apologizing, but he still holds onto the grudge, so he like he knows he will never lose track of an argument because he knows what we're arguing about it, because he's like, I'm going to use this information later, Yeah you do.
Speaker 1: No, I don't hold a grudge, but I'm I argue about really dumb stuff, Like I had an argument with Ben last night over the dumbest thing, and I know it's because I'm emotional.
Speaker 2: My hormones are through the roof. But shouldn't matter.
Speaker 1: But I've got my period and I haven't seen Ben in four months.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we had this done.
Speaker 1: He wants to get a tattoo, and he keeps We have very different ideas of what tattoos he should get.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: He should get whatever tattoo he wants. It's his body, No, it's our body.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: He runs his tattoos by me, which I think is like, He's like, look, if I'm gonna have a giant tattoo, my body threast my life, be nice if you liked it. And so it's not like I'm saying well, I am saying no. Actually that's it. I do say no. But he and I like very different things. So we're trying to find something and this is on him, not me. We're trying to find something that.
Speaker 2: We both like.
Speaker 1: But he likes big, like big dark portraits of stuff, and I like very fine line.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so we got to this one tattoo that I've convinced him. It's like a very star signing thing.
Speaker 3: He's getting the zodiac on his body.
Speaker 2: What do I get to say?
Speaker 1: Yea, Laura's going to chiy me in on Ben's tattoo, but there was this little part in it where you could I was like, look, you could leave that blank for now, and it's like very small writing part. I said, you could feel it maybe with really important things that happen in life, maybe when we get engaged, wink wink, wedding date, kids, dates, whatever, like us, Like there's room for really nice sentimental things because he's very sentimental.
Speaker 3: And it also works very well because if you're somebody forgets dates a lot, you've just got them plaster all over your body. Matt's what Marley's birthdate, doesn't ever forget it because it's on his arm, hasn't gotten around getting lolas yet, always forgets it.
Speaker 2: See the second child.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he needs to get that done before she's old enough to realize that he doesn't have it one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, so I thought this was really cute and I was rattling all this stuff and then he goes, oh, yeah, maybe I'll get the first place we had Nacho's or the first place we had and just started like taking a pierce of my idea and like writing really dumb stuff back, and that was all I cracked it. I was like I'm not having this conversation with someone so immature. And he was like, Babe, just have a laugh.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I am done with this.
Speaker 1: I was like, you don't care about my feelings, and I just went into this whole ridiculous argument and like hung up the phone.
Speaker 2: I was like, I can't talk anymore.
Speaker 1: Then I sat on it for about twenty minutes and I was like, if I told Laura this, tor wh.
Speaker 3: Yeah truly, But also that makes me think maybe there is a reason why you should be back in the jungle. I think though, brit I don't think you realize how controversial it is to have a say in your partner's tattoos.
Speaker 2: No, I know, we had a conversation on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's such an It's nice that he is conscious enough and cares enough to ask you, But like, I kind of think that you don't really get a say in your partner's tatoos.
Speaker 2: If they want to go on get something, you kind of just have to be okay with it. Yes see, I disagree.
Speaker 3: Matt's getting a stupid He's getting a turtle tattooed on him because he lost a bet.
Speaker 2: He lost a fucking running race.
Speaker 3: Made a bet with our brother in law and he lost it, and now he has to go and get a tattoo of a turtle on his ass.
Speaker 2: That's running. Oh my god, that is so funny. At least it's on him. But I have no say, and I don't care. I couldn't care if but that's on his butt.
Speaker 1: No one sees that ever, but Ben's see this whole body is going to be covered like he's got legs and arms and whatever else.
Speaker 2: The only tatto I've approved so far was the Bee for Brittany.
Speaker 3: If you're the problem, you are well look, I mean, as you guys know, if you've been listening to the podcast last couple of weeks, producer keyche It has been filling in for brit you have done an incredible job. If you are, we love you. You're fucking amazing. I have loved doing records with you. We've missed you so much, and there's been so much around.
Speaker 2: I mean, we all watched I'm not gonna speak for everyone listening to POT.
Speaker 3: I watched it so many, so many of us watched sliber to get me out of here. I so deeply enjoyed the season, not just because you were on it.
Speaker 2: But I think like.
Speaker 3: Sky and Callum were absolutely fucking hilarious. I really enjoyed getting to know Tristan better. Like I think that everybody they chose on this season was a really great choice.
Speaker 2: And I think the casting was brilliant and that was reflected on the inside too.
Speaker 1: It was amazing their cast because you know, obviously a film twenty four hours a day, you guys get to see an hour and a half. The cast was amazing. Everyone was incredible. It was just like such a wholesome group of people.
Speaker 3: To be fair, it felt like that show was not just an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: It felt like it was the show that never ended.
Speaker 3: Every night, poor Matt because he was like, is this going to be my life until Brick gets out? Because it's on every night of the week, so every night we're sitting there watching it. I'm pretty sure it went for like two hours some nights, did it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It was still hour and a half.
Speaker 3: It was still on at nine o'clock and it started at seventeen seventy.
Speaker 1: That's an hour and a half. Oh so I'm sorry it dragged on. Where is this ever going to end? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, but it was brilliant.
Speaker 3: What this episode today is going to be is basically a deep dive on all things I'm a celeb, all the things that you don't know about it. We put a question box out to you guys. You've asked so many questions around what does and doesn't happen? And I am just in the gray as you are because I have no idea and Britain, I haven't had the opportunity to have these conversations yet. So it's like a learning experience for everybody one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And I the cast really were incredible, and I know one of the big questions is, you know, like, what was it actually like behind the scenes where the arguments and all that kind of stuff, And there really wasn't the only argument that was had on the whole show basically that I was aware of was shown just between Candice and Sky, like there really no shit really went down.
Speaker 2: There was a bit of bickering here and there over.
Speaker 1: Like people getting a bit short with people purely because you're in this tiny, confined environment and there's like sometimes there's too many people in the kitchen helping, too many opinions going around, and sometimes people are like I just need a second to myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, I mean when you have that many people who all have their own big personalities in ways, you're always going to have some sort of like not seeing eye to eye. I think there was one little like it wasn't a spat, it didn't go into anything, but you could feel and it also could be just editing. You could feel that kind of animosity that was brewing. And that was between Kahn and Denise Drysdale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seemed like there was.
Speaker 3: Like friction there, but also I think it's generational thing, Like it's different people from different walks of life all trying to come together and just cohabitate is challenging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that wasn't even just Khn and Denise, it was everyone in Denise. Denise was really hard, really really hard, just very short, very blunt, often very rude, didn't really want to be there.
Speaker 3: Do you think she realized she was being rude or do you think it's just the way which she communicates, because that's also different.
Speaker 2: Right, I would hope she didn't realize she was being rude.
Speaker 1: But then sometimes I'm like, surely you have to know, Like surely, but she's seventy five, and that was a really hard environment for anyone, let alone going in there at seventy five, Like, thank.
Speaker 2: God, she didn't do any challenges. She might drop dead. I dropped dead, which I don't know what she could have done it.
Speaker 1: I know I was like looking at half the challenges that people were doing every day would come back and we were like, Denise, never could have done that.
Speaker 2: And that's not against Denise.
Speaker 1: It's literally a physicality thing, like you would have got knocked out or something.
Speaker 2: But let's get into it. Yeah, okay, all right. Firstly, I want to know how you are, Like how do you feel?
Speaker 3: I I mean, because there's been a lot happening since the show as well, but like from when you went in to where you are now it's been almost six weeks, Like how are you feeling? How did you feel in there? And where is your mental health at now?
Speaker 1: I feel good, but I've had very up and downs, to be honest. So it is really hard in there because you have a wonderful time and you laugh so much and it's it's brilliant. Everyone was great, but you have hard times in there for different reasons because you do.
Speaker 2: So much thinking, like you've got nothing else to do. In there.
Speaker 1: When we did The Bachelor, I felt like there was always something to do, or always something want to talk to or.
Speaker 2: Film or go outside to the gym or the other thing.
Speaker 3: At The Bachelor, though, is like, and I don't know if you felt like this, brit And obviously it's so long ago now, but I was on high alert the whole time because I was I was on the defense. I was like, how are these people gonna undermine me or try and you know, screw my character or make me come across as a person that I'm not like. I felt like I was so defensive all the time. Yes, I felt the same in here. We're in such a different point of life. So on The Bachelor, you're all single.
Speaker 1: Obviously some people had kids, but the whole point was probably one person on the show had a child, and everyone was single because they're looking for a partner. Here everyone has partners and families and kids like so there was a lot of really wholesome chat and a lot of people are really missing their families. And I haven't been in an environment twenty four hours a day where I'm around that before, and it makes you do so much thinking so much introspective, deep, meaningful life thoughts and chats that you would never have had, Like we have them here surface I don't want to say surface level, but we have them here and then we often go home and we keep going on with life. But there you have them, and then you lay on your bunk bed and you just think about that chat for the next four hours. Yeah, and a lot of it was around like kids and partners, and I always think about kids and partner and you know, marriage and stuff that's no secret. But in there listening to people like Frankie and Ellie, people that were crying, like seeing Frankie cry, he was really upsetting there the whole time because he's like, I have never known a love like I've known for my son and my wife, and he's like, and since I've been in here, I realized I don't give them enough attention. I'm not there enough for them. I need to be a better dad, I need to be a better husband.
Speaker 3: I say this, Maybe I'm being too critical, but I see that because like that obviously played out on the show as well. And my biggest thought when I see those sorts of things is like, well, why don't you just go home.
Speaker 2: Well that's why I did.
Speaker 3: Go go home to your family if you're feeling that overwhelming feeling. But then I also think, oh, like is this just your way out, because like I think all the contracts you've really been signed for X amount of weeks, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Frankie was real for sure.
Speaker 1: He struggled there in there the whole time, and he had so many big realizations in there about what his wife has given up. He's like, I've never had enough, and it's the thinking it's there nothing else to do in there but think.
Speaker 2: He's like, I've never not had a hundred.
Speaker 1: Things to do, and it's now that I realize I want to be better for them. And he wanted to go home quite early to them. He was struggling, but he's like, I came here for a reason. I don't give up. But then it got to the point where he's like, I've learned everything I'm going to learn and I want to go and implement it now. I want to go back to my son and my wife tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And I respected that.
Speaker 3: So in your feelings, when you say that, you spend a lot of time thinking like, in what way did that change you in what way do you feel like you like, what were the things that you were like laboring about.
Speaker 2: Well, it comes back to.
Speaker 1: The same thing career and ben basically, and like, when am I going to make that decision on having that life that I want not to worry?
Speaker 3: I was fighting people on I'm a celebri fucking Instagram page because my thing around that is it frustrates me to no end. And like for everyone listening, obviously, it's probably something that everyone's thought at some point, well, why doesn't Bridges go to Scotland? And people message us all the time they're like, why don't you just go to Scotland and you guys can just do life on cut from Scotland And it's like, guys, we've tried. Like if it was that easy, brit would be in Scotland right now. But running a business doing records in the way that we do, the volume of radio, like.
Speaker 2: There's loads of stuff that my career is here.
Speaker 1: And also the people because I get a lot of messages too, and it's all comes from a good place, but the messages that are like, you know, life is short, and it's true. I'm not arguing that life is short. Give up work, career is no important, go and be with BAM. I love romanticizing the idea of giving everything up for love, but people still have to live.
Speaker 3: But also I think it goes beyond that. I mean, because obviously you can live anywhere. You've got a radiography degree. You could go and do what you do somewhere else as well as you know now because you let it last.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I can't ever, I'm not going to make this work like We're podcast is forever.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: But I think I've gotten to like almost an argument with someone on Instagram, which Matt was like, Laura, they're a troll, and I was like, They're not.
Speaker 2: A troll, She's a normal person. She doesn't understand.
Speaker 3: But the reason why I got into this argument was because often I think people will message you or their message life on cart or they'll you know, message me even and be like, why doesn't bridges go? And I think that there is a real lack of understanding as to how much work goes into creating And not to sound like a dickhead, and I'm so sorry if this comes across that way, guys, but like one of the biggest podcasts in the country it's so much work. It's full time, and then we have our staff and you know, Scotland's on a complete different time zone. When it's eight o'clock in the morning here when we start recording, it's the middle of the night in Scotland. So we've tried and it's really really hard. And so I guess from your perspective, Brip, I feel bad for you that people are kind of like, oh, it's so obvious, why don't you do that? Because I know how it's just not that simple, as simple as people make it out to be. And when you're split between being the one to give up their career for a partner who's obviously also very career orientated, I think it's a real cop out how people just assume that the female is going to be the one to give up their career. And that was my debate. I was saying, people like, she can do podcasting from Scotland. I was like, yeah, and he can play soccer in Australia. But there's many reasons as to why both of those things are challenging for each person.
Speaker 1: Totally and one hundred percent, I can do podcasting from there.
Speaker 2: Is it the same and is it as easy. Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Would we need a whole new setup and equipment, yes, but it's not just the podcasting as well, Like we have other things here, and the time will come when I have a baby that I probably will have to move. But then that also weighs into what I was thinking about in there as well, babies. So obviously there's a high chance I have to do IVF, which is so stressful.
Speaker 2: For another reason because I just want.
Speaker 1: I just wish, and I know everyone's gonna be like, obviously no one wants to do IVF. I just wish I could fall pregnant naturally, so that the decision is taken away from me, because the hardest thing is when to start, is actually saying let's do it like on Monday, I am going to try and be pregnant.
Speaker 2: That is crazy to me, That is crazy talk.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how I'm ever going to make that decision because of the decisions that follow, which is where do we live, how do we do it? Do I stay here alone? Do I give up whatever to go over there? Do I go over there and make the podcast work and then try and have a night nanny because it's impossible because you know, there's so many questions that flow on from that decision. But being in there and looking at people's faces light up and the way they talk about their children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it made me.
Speaker 1: Realize that I want it. And I've always been on the fence. I've always said I think I want it, but maybe I don't. But maybe I only don't want it because I don't know if I can. You know, I've never known what it was. And it made me realize that I want it, which is a great revelation to have, like took a weight off my shoulders because there's no more in and r N.
Speaker 2: I know that that's it.
Speaker 1: I don't know when or how or why or what or the logistics, but I know that it's something I see for my future.
Speaker 3: Have you had that conversation with Ben since being out or is it like you're out for a day and you're like, maybe I've just the seconds rest.
Speaker 2: No, Ben, Ben is all on board. Ben.
Speaker 1: For some reason, Ben has it in his head that he wants twins. He just wants twins, and I'm like, it doesn't work, like say that and then it sounds do you know what I think? Sounds really hard? My friend twins my friend with twins, she's got four kids under four, and she's like, do I love my kids?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Are the best things ever. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: She's like, don't choose it because Ben's like, let's do IVF in the UK because you can put two win, because you can't do that in Australia.
Speaker 2: Couldn't. I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, anyone who's out there who's got twins, like you are a superhero.
Speaker 1: Superhero I get the benefits right because people are like, well, people like you know, if you're only you get them out of the way, if you only want to you've got them.
Speaker 2: You don't have to go back, you just do it. You're awake.
Speaker 1: Anyway, There's all these arguments, but then there are a lot of twin moms that are like it's.
Speaker 2: So hard, like send out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nah, look wouldn't be my choice if I had one. But anyway, if that's what you get, you've got to deal with the cards you get dealt But yeah.
Speaker 1: Ben's picked names like he's really excited to be a dad one day. He knows exactly what he wants the daddy's going to be, what he wants to call a kid.
Speaker 3: I think this is so beautiful because for as long as I've known you for like six years now, and I know that talking about fertility has been like a long conversation that we've had across this podcast. We've talked about egg freezing, We've talked about where you have been at because for so long, when we first met, you were like, I don't want kids. I think you even called my children contraception at one point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll the joke, but I was like, yeah, your kids are the best a kid, but great contraception.
Speaker 2: I don't need the pills. That's why I love them.
Speaker 3: No, but you've gone from like not wanting to have kids to potentially entertaining idea to being at a point now where you really want to. And I know everybody's different. There will be people out there who never want to have children. There's people out there who will follow a similar path to you. But I think more so it's the clarity, because I think where you have stood, it's the not being sure for so long. Obviously, if you do have to go down the track of it being more logistical, just from the fact that Ben's in another country, at least being sure allows you to figure out the rest of them.
Speaker 2: Things you know.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and if it doesn't happen for me, I also know I will have a wonderful life as well. So it's not you know, whatever way it goes, but there is definitely a weight off the shoulder at having made a more clear decision.
Speaker 3: Well, now we have to have conversations after this podcast around how we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well what's just wait, Tilli? And when I'm pregnant That's another chat we have had. We've had so many questions. I want to preface this as well.
Speaker 3: Like you know, I always said the Britain, I haven't had the opportunity to catch up properly, but like I genuinely don't know the intricacies of how things worked in the jungle, and neither do you guys. So you guys have all sent in so many questions around for silly things, from like how do you shower or how to take care of yourself all the way to like how things are filmed and like how challenges take place. But we wanted this episode to be a real deep dive into the Jungle BRIT's experience, the things that you've learned, the things that you didn't realize from that reality TV experience, I want to kick.
Speaker 2: It off with.
Speaker 3: I think was the most common question, which is kind of weird, but it was, and it was all around how you manage to take care of yourself In there.
Speaker 1: God, there was something beautiful about no stress and just having people look after you, like people feed you, people do everything for you. There's no stress, there's no new cycle, there's no nothing like you just exist with some friends and play AFL and do fun stuff and cook.
Speaker 3: Do you know what it sounds It sounds like being a teenager again. It sounds like being eleven when you just rock up. You get told what to do. We didn't know how good we had it when we were kids, you know.
Speaker 1: The moment that we realized that I realized it was like Stockholm syndrome. And so this is a bit behind the scenes stuff, it's very real. For the food, like, you don't get fed very much, which is why everyone loses so much weight.
Speaker 2: It is monitored to a point.
Speaker 1: Where they know you're getting enough calories that you're safe, but you're gonna lose weight because there's no sugars, preservatives.
Speaker 2: Very small meals. You are on the minimum calories, how many calories a day you're allowed to eat.
Speaker 1: I think it had to be even the people that were like losing and not getting meals.
Speaker 2: It has to be a minimum of eight hundred.
Speaker 1: Calories, which OK, very low, but also that can't be for too many days in a row. So what they do is there were genuinely days where you couldn't walk very far without sitting down feeling dizzy. Yeah, people getting dizzy when they stood up. You just had no energy.
Speaker 2: So sometimes they were like, hey, guys, get up and play, and we're like, we can't.
Speaker 1: Callum would sleep twelve hours a day, sometimes in the day like a sloth. Like the Callum you saw on TV was a different Caum not on TV. But it's because you can't. You don't have the energy. So those days that'd send in a banana, one banana, like each That's when I knew it was Stockholm syndrome.
Speaker 2: We were like so much from a banana. We just thought they were the best.
Speaker 1: Thank you for looking after us, thank you for like for rewarding us with this piece of tiny piece of fruit. And then I was like, oh my god, I'm there. I'm I'm kidnapped right now in the jungle, and I'm frothing.
Speaker 2: I stipulate that about Matt. Oh he's kidnapped you.
Speaker 3: No, I'm like, I fell in love with him on a reality TV show there was based on Stockholm syndrome, and every so often I'm like, what happened here?
Speaker 2: How did I trap? I have two kids? So am I stilling? Contract? Was the contract? Six years?
Speaker 1: He cooks me dinner and I'm like, the thank you so much, sweetie, thank you for loving me.
Speaker 3: Pick me?
Speaker 2: Can I steal you for a minute? Can I steal you for a chat for two seconds? I saw you talking to that other girls? Oh my god, stop it. No, But it's true.
Speaker 3: These shows are based on and I don't want to say Stockholm syndromes. That obviously sounds like such a severe thing, but the mentality around it is that you lose all your autonomy, something that as adults we're so used to having complete and unfiltered ability to do what we want when we want to do it, and then you go into these experiences and all of that is taken away. For some people, it's a massive adjustment. For some people they almost thrive in like relinquishing control a little bit.
Speaker 2: They brought us in one day.
Speaker 1: You guys saw it actually, I think Callum brought it back from a trial on Easter an Easter egg that was like the tiny little ones, like a five cent piece.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We were like, thank you so much. You're spoiled task, You're too good to us. Like fuck, I look back now and I'm like what what?
Speaker 2: Who was I did it? Okay? How did you go without having a phone for six weeks? Loved it? Best thing, best thing I've ever done.
Speaker 1: Let's not have a phone. I didn't want to back. Did you feel strange the first couple of days? Yeah, I didn't open Instagram. No, not when you had a back, but the first few days of being in there. Or was it a situation where you were like, well, I know I don't have it, so I can't possibly think about it. I didn't feel strange at all, maybe because I trust me. I did because I had access to all of your Instagram. I was like, someone take this away from me. You're having a field day.
Speaker 2: It's too much.
Speaker 1: I've done The Bachelor before, so we've done three months without a phone. I felt sorry for all the people that had never done a show where you've gone in and haven't had that access. So I gave myself to the show. I walked in and was like, don't even care about looking at that. I didn't even think about it again. Whereas some other people struggled a little bit. But I thought it was wonderful, like I've never felt calmer in my mind in my life.
Speaker 2: But also the.
Speaker 3: People who I think would have struggled with it more so might even be the people who have like little kids or things that you know, people who you want to have connection with, not just because you want to chat to them every day, but because you're worried about their safety. You kind of worry about wanting to know what's going on in their lives. I think that for me would be a real stress factor is not being able to contact Matt to make sure that the kids are okay, or to get an update, or to find out like how they've been well.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a safety thing, because everyone in there knew that if anything happened, the family had contact to the show, and they will call you in and tell you it wasn't that, it was just that you've never these people like haven't been away from their kids ever last and if they have been away, they've had contact to talk to them totally fat time.
Speaker 3: It's not the big things. It's not when I say safety, it's not even that. Like today, for example, I left for work and I was in the car for ten minutes and then Matt called me on the phone for Marley to speak to me because she was upset about something and she wanted to speak to her mom. I would hate the idea of being in that situation for six weeks and it being always being no, like they want to speak to mum, and the answers, no, you can't speak to mom, because I think it's different going on a holiday and still or going away for a work trip and being able to talk to your kids every day when they want access to you first, just telling them that they can't access you at all, that must be really hard, especially and I don't want to just say for people who have kids, but it would be an extra element.
Speaker 1: I think it's definitely I'll easily say that way harder for people that had kids. You know, of course, the people that don't have kids. We all missed our families and partners and friends, but we all know that kids are different. The lucky thing for everyone in there was the kids were either too small that they had no idea like babies, or they were old enough to understand because it was live, they could watch them every night, so they could understand why they're look, Daddy's on the TV.
Speaker 2: That's why you're not speaking to him.
Speaker 1: So that made it so much easier because all the kids had this excitement of going home every day and watching them on the TV. Yeah, I think that made it better and it was easy for them to understand. If they were going away it was pre filmed and it was shown in three months, the kids wouldn't have understood, but it was super hard.
Speaker 2: What about fights?
Speaker 3: Like what about I know everyone came across as though everyone got along like you're want being happy family, which I think is one of the beautiful things about I'm a Celebrity is that it's not really based around dry But there were things that happened on the show that I kind of picked up on and I was like, Oh, there seems like there's some weird energy happening here. The first thing was between Canvas and Sky. Oh, if you guys were watching, basically what happened and just to kind of recap it. So everyone was asked to hand in their contraband, which most people had snuck into the jungle. Sky had contraband lip gloss or makeup or something, and Canvas had said, like, Sky, you need to hand yours in. Sky got quite upset. And I would say from watching that back, like as an audience member, it looked as though Canvas was in the wrong. And what I mean by that is it looked as though Canvas, Yeah, it kind of looked as though she threw Sky under the bus, and Sky was very upset. And even like the social media commentary to reflect that, like people were going Canvas after that moment on TV.
Speaker 2: That's so interesting because I haven't. I mean, we don't come out. I don't see that stuff.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting because Candas was one hundred percent in the right and everyone agreed with that.
Speaker 2: That wasn't such a huge thing in the jungle.
Speaker 1: I mean, at the end of the day, put it this way, everyone had contraband in there, well basically everyone mine got I got strip searched and mine got taken, so I didn't get it in there. Yeah, they searched every cavity. I don't know why, but I was not getting that protein barring somebody took extra diligence to find it on. It was strapped to my body and someone one of the producers, gave me put you down. Well, she gave me a hug before I went in, and it went She's like what and she was like what's that. I was like nothing. She like started to pat me and it was like because it was all taped, I had so many tea I was like, why were hugging people?
Speaker 2: Just say sorry, I'm not off a hug before you go in. You're like, see your good luck and you're hugged.
Speaker 1: And then I went and I was like oh. And then she patted me down and I had I was fulled.
Speaker 2: In that tiny little dress. You'd strap shit to yourself.
Speaker 1: To my arms, and because I had sleeves around my waist, it was everywhere so I didn't get anything in. But yeah, So what happens is the show knows a bunch of people take contrabanding. They encourage it for some people because it makes the show. Khan had a whole supermarket in his bag. He had every spice you could imagine. But he's a chef, so that was always going to make for great TV. Sky had makeup in there because that suits who she is, you know, So they allowed some stuff.
Speaker 2: So four days in or something, and we're already really hungry.
Speaker 1: They're already withholding food and we're not eating a lot, and you're withdrawing because you're only four days in from sugars, from coffees, from normal food, from hunger, so emotions are high. Anyway, it was contrabande. Everyone had two minutes to hand their contrabandin or there were consequences of not eating, like you'll withhold more food. So everyone knew it was part of the show. Everyone who started handing their contrabandin eating it all. You could eat it if you wanted, but you had two minutes. Can't put his hair dyeing his hair in two minutes.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. It was so funny.
Speaker 1: So everyone handed it in except Sky, who didn't want to hand her makeup lip stuff in. And Candace knew she had it, but no one else knew apparently, so she had just told her, like, I've brought my lips stuff in, and so Candace didn't want to starve, so she just said, hey, Sky, also hand yours in like everyone else. It wasn't a big deal at all. She wasn't throwing anyone under a bus. Everyone was doing it, and Sky didn't want to give her lips the hop so she said no, and Kenna said, well, yes, because we want to eat and we're not gonna not eat because of your lip balm, like because of your lipliner, and it.
Speaker 2: Just turned into something.
Speaker 1: Candace and Sky handle their emotions very differently, as we know, Like you saw Sky, she cries a lot. She gets her emotions are very on the like she shows her emotions. Candace hides her emotions. And you could see how upset Candace was, you know, I could see her lip quivering, she was holding in tears. But she doesn't handle it the same way, and I think that's why it came across in that way. But at the end of the day, everyone thought it was completely a fair request of Candace to ask her to hand it in and what Kenna said, and I was like, that's so true.
Speaker 2: Cannath was like, Sky, it's not.
Speaker 1: Like you're holding food for a different day like you just it's a lip balm. Like the whole camp is not gonna not eat because you want your lip liner, like like, just just hand it in.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's interesting hearing it from your perspective of being in the camp. Because and I learned this from watching back our season of the Bachelor. And I'm sure I've mentioned on here many years ago, but the way in which people are perceived from reality TV. If you're someone who's really vulnerable, if you're someone who cries easily because you're you know, maybe you're someone who is softer and natured in terms of like being able to show your emotion. Yeah, that visibility of like real, unadulterated emotion is received so beautifully from an audience. Watching it allows you allows an audience member to sympathize. Whereas if you're somebody who, especially as a female, if you're a bit harder, even if you feel are those things, even if you are equally as upset, if you don't cry, if you shut down in those moments of vulnerability, the audience doesn't. There's nowhere near as kind to you. If you shut down, you're perceived as hard. And I think in that moment, and I don't think I saw it play it on Instagram, people were absolutely going for CANDUs in the comments. People were messaging on sky saying how beautiful she was, how she's being misrepresented. It was a real moment of like a you know, you picked a side in that moment, and Skuy came off better on social media than Candas did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's such a shame because what should have happened is everyone just handed the contraband in and if Skuy didn't and Canda said, hey, Sky put it in, she should have just put it in.
Speaker 2: That argument shouldn't have happened.
Speaker 1: And I love them both equally, it just seems like such a dumb argument, total loss. And she also kept it anyway, She was using it the whole time. She had the last couple of days, she was just pulling it out. She was like, I've we had this the whole time. So she didn't even end it in anyway. Or she had multiple, No, she had multiple. She handed one in, but she.
Speaker 2: Must have had a bag of stuff for got it. Know, good honor.
Speaker 3: I want to know about the hygiene perspective, because you mentioned that people didn't shower, and maybe it was because the water was too cold, but people weren't showering. But more so beyond that, like how do people take care of themselves? What's the toilet situation? Like can you shave your legs. Can you see yourself in a mirror? Like?
Speaker 1: Talk me through that aspect of slab. Yeah, you can shower every day, you can, but you don't. So Frankie and Sky were the grossest by far. They didn't shower. They both showered like five or six times, I think the whole time.
Speaker 2: Why would you do that? Why would you not shower?
Speaker 1: Because it was so cold, like freezing cold, and you're out in the open, there are spider snake scorpions, there's cameras on you everywhere, and it's just freezing.
Speaker 2: It's not hot. Africa wasn't hot like you think it would be because we were so shaded and sheltered from the.
Speaker 3: Sun, so we didn't get some Did people shower naked or do they shower close?
Speaker 2: Just believe it or not? Chok horror, Just callum shower naked from the get go. Yeah he was naked.
Speaker 3: Didn't give a fuck, gave no Fox just hanging out with his waying out, well.
Speaker 2: Not all the time.
Speaker 1: Sometimes he had his unders on. But then I think he got over it and he was just like cuppies and you're just standing there and he's just there showering.
Speaker 3: Well, women across the Australia or wanted to go on celebrity you could.
Speaker 2: But we were pretty respectful.
Speaker 1: Like if people were like, I'm going for a shower, you generally wouldn't go and stand there and goggle at them, but like you would you could still walk past if but.
Speaker 3: The showers are away from the main camp or they're like right in the camp. Like you're sitting there on your bed watching someone in the shower.
Speaker 2: I think the camp looks bigger than it is.
Speaker 1: You can't sit on the bed and look at them, but you can wash up and look at them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're washing up, callum's the shower. Gonna go watch my car, but you already washed it. No, I didn't watch. Probably I'm going back toy. No, that's what it's like.
Speaker 1: You would wash up and stare at them, and you could be at the gym and looks through the cracks at them. So the gym and they're walking up and a shower. We're in this tiny vicinity that you walked past the toilet and then you're in the camp.
Speaker 2: The camp. I don't know how big it looks on screen. It's tiny.
Speaker 1: You don't time you were stuck in this tiny camp for a month. The only times you go out of a trial, you don't speak to another human. You don't see another human unless you leave, And you don't know what time of day it is.
Speaker 2: You don't know that was good and bad.
Speaker 1: You have no concept of time, so you don't know when you woke up, what time it is, what time you went to bed. You've got to guest through the day because you've got this tiny meal, right, two tablespoons of rice for lunch and two tablespoons of beans. That is it, nothing playing, so that's all you look forward to all day. So you've got no concept of time. So you get up and you have your oats, and then you don't know what you've done to fill in the hours.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, what time, drecking is lunchtime?
Speaker 1: Because everyone's starving, so you'd eat, you'd cook because you want to really wait it out, and then it would be like fifteen hours until dinner.
Speaker 2: As at eight lunch at nine am, TikTok.
Speaker 1: You'd be like, you guys did have lunch early today, Like you had lunch very early. Sometimes it's like nine point thirty ten, and we're like, let's have lunch because you got up at like five, You don't know, So I kind of loved that. The idea of not knowing how many hours sleep you've got, how long you've been away, what time, there's something cool about that, But also it's also plays into the whole psychological aspect.
Speaker 3: So many people asked around periods, like how you managed your period while you're in there, Because you're in there for six weeks, so most women will have gotten a period in that time.
Speaker 2: How do you manage that? What did you do?
Speaker 1: That was definitely hard, probably harder for me because I say me, because I choose to use a menstrual cup instead of pads and tampons. So they give you pads and tampons, and my understanding was every other woman in there was using pads and tampons. So the cup is difficult because usually you do it in the shower, you're inting it out, you're cleaning it, you put it back in.
Speaker 2: I was not going to do that in the shower. There's no way.
Speaker 1: Someone's at the gym just there's gm with AXTR cup women that are around.
Speaker 2: No way I was doing that.
Speaker 1: And especially it's not even that it's knowing that there is a room of eight people watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not the people in the camp, it's everyone who's watching on camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the lack of that's the thing you don't realize. It's the lack of overall privacy because you don't know how much visibility they have.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I went into the control room at the end.
Speaker 1: I knew there were people in there, but they take you on a tour at the end, and you see all the cameras on the camp like nothing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that horrible thing that happened to Christy Swan when she was on Big Brother?
Speaker 2: No what?
Speaker 3: It was absolutely awful. It happened back in twenty thirteen. You guys know Christy Swan, she's got the radio show. She was on Big Brother. She was in the shower and she heard one of the cameramen because obviously they are in the bathrooms, they're everywhere.
Speaker 2: They're watching.
Speaker 3: It's Big Brother style. So she was in the shower and she heard someone through the wall say, I know you like fat women.
Speaker 2: And he was talking to.
Speaker 3: Another cameraman and they were watching her in the shower. It all played out on the show This is twenty plaid that. Yeah, this is twenty thirteen reality TV, Like, this is the type of like a bor of behavior that would have been shown.
Speaker 2: Now, there's no way that it would fly.
Speaker 3: And she was humiliated, absolutely humiliated.
Speaker 2: That I can't even believe that I was shown twenty thirteen. It was shown. Yeah, it was shown on TV. It all played.
Speaker 3: I made the news like it was Obviously it was so disgusting to watch over.
Speaker 2: But this is what you think. You were in that environment.
Speaker 3: You're in a tiny little space where you think about your teammates seeing you, But what you might not be thinking about is literally the team of people that you're trusting to be on the other end of that camera, and then what's happening.
Speaker 1: With that footage? You hope that they're just doing the right thing about you. Well, I was thinking the opposite. I wasn't thinking about the people in the camp. I was thinking about those people because I guess I've done TV before. I know how many people would been watching, but I actually had no idea of so many. It was like sixty seventy people in this one room with a whole wall of have you seen like Morning Wars with Jennifer Aniston and anyway, if you guys have seen Mourning Wars.
Speaker 2: That's what it looks like.
Speaker 1: Cameras on every single angle of that whole place, including the shower, and you know, well, you like to think that they're respectful and they're not looking, but at the end of the day, you're on a big screen naked. Whether they do anything with that footage, they're going to be watching it at that time, and there's no way I'm whipping a menstrual cup out and tipping my blood down the scene.
Speaker 3: But also if the toilet facilities are pretty rank as well, you've got a long drop toilet, you've got a short drop toil, you've got a toilet for the poos and a toilet for the wheeze. Yeah, so you were supposed to just go and empty your menstrul cup out, then waltz around camp with it to go on rinset and then go back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I would go into I'd do it at nighttime when there was not a lot of people around as dark, and I'd go wash my hands. So I was cleaning sanitis, Go to the long drop, not touch anything, take it out, put it into long drop, walk back out, clean it, rinse it, wash my hands again. Go back in and put it in and then go back out and wash. It was a lot, and it was a real nightmare. But that's just a choice I wanted to make because I wanted to. I could have been tampons, but I wanted to use that. It's the choice I made a couple of years ago, and I love it. But I guess it's just part of it, Like you have to know that if you're going in there.
Speaker 2: It's part of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there's a part of me that that, like I feel annoyed by that because I'm like, it's so easy to be a dude. We'll go in there, do a shit, do we leave, Like it's so easy being a guy, But as women, there is an additional facility and there isn't additional I guess, like privacy that's required and you're not given that opportunity. Like I don't know, there's something about that that I feel, especially if you are choosing to use a moving carp and I know we should be like, oh no, shame, go and rinse it out in the shower, but the reality is, like some privacy would be nice.
Speaker 1: It's not shame, it's privacy. Yeah, totally, it is it's like it's the same thing. You're not gonna go whip a tampon out in front of someone and swing it around. Well, actually some people probably would do that, but like that's not idea, very terrible. The toilets, yeah, you go take a dump and then you've got to clean them. You've got to go and pull It's just a bucket. It's a hole in this bucket. Every day you take the bucket out and you put the bucket in, and in both bathrooms is a tub of charcoal and a tub of hay like oat kind of thing. It's like sorta sorry, fucking not hay or oats.
Speaker 2: I was like, what the fuck, dude, my brain doesn't work.
Speaker 3: It was but a bucket of sorder something that looks like shaved wood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a but us.
Speaker 1: So after every poo and weat, you had to scoop the sort us to cover it, and then you scoop the like charcoal in and it helps cover the smell and cover the poop.
Speaker 2: That's enough to maybe not want to do it.
Speaker 1: You carry it out. Man, they were dropping nuggets. It was like twenty kilos a day. It's callum, I don't know who it was, and the side of that guy it was Pete. He would be doing some meaty, meaty poos. So that was gross, But you get used to it very quick. The first day you go in, you're like, oh, you don't touch anything it smells, and then by four days in you couldn't care less, Like it just becomes again stock Holm because every day life.
Speaker 2: You like, thank you for the toilet paper.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I don't think there's anyone out there in the world who'd be like, oh yeah, i'd be fun with.
Speaker 2: That cross it, like that's my favorite.
Speaker 3: Hey, what was your favorite part of I'm a Slave cleaning up the shit out of the drop callum shit that went everywhere.
Speaker 1: But there's full scorpions in there and snakes, like kill a snake?
Speaker 2: How do you feel about the snakes? So there was like quite a few challenges.
Speaker 3: One where you had like a bowl in your head and you had snakes around your head, sky challenge where she had to lay in a box and was covered in snakes. When you're going through these challenges, like how by the end of it are you okay with the animals?
Speaker 2: Is it still as petrifying as it looks? I think by the end of it.
Speaker 1: It's fine, and I know Sky's challenge with the snakes. I can say this because she told us, But she loved it. It was the easiest trial of the entire show.
Speaker 3: That was such a turnaround because on the first episode she was petrified and then she was laying there like gandhy. I was like, how have you how like, how have you managed to overcome this fear. I would have literally shipped myself in that box.
Speaker 2: It was easy. It would have been me and a drop toilet. Yeah, covered snake.
Speaker 1: She's like, it's the easiest challenge you can do because you just lay there and close your eyes and they just sit on you and like slither. But she's like, it was I just went to sleep and twelve minutes later I got up.
Speaker 3: They tried to make her open her eyes and she was like, okay, yep, it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yes, she just laid there and relaxed.
Speaker 1: I guess it gets to a point where you know deep down that they're not going to hurt you, like the snakes that they're giving you. They don't want a celebrity to die. Imagine, they don't want to I'm a celebrity, I'm dead. They don't go to their funeral, Like that's not the vibe. So the snakes are there to like make you feel uncomfortable. But if you can get to the point where you're like, they're not gonna hurt me, it's okay.
Speaker 3: Do you not think about the variable though, Like what if just one snake in that environment aarked up and then they're agitated, and then it agitates the other snakes. Like all it takes is one thing to go wrong in that situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So when my head was in a snake jar astronaut jar, they were going around my neck and there was a point where I was yelling out saying, they're around my neck, They're going to choke me, because that's what it feels like, right, like they're just getting well. They weren't constricting because i'd stop breathing, but I could feel them around in a circle.
Speaker 2: But they're not constrictors.
Speaker 1: So there are ranges everywhere, like the snake handlers all around you. Robert's watching and they're watching their behavior the whole time. They can tell if their behavior is changing or or if they're getting agitated, and they would stop it, like they don't want anything to happen. So I just really gave myself to if they think something's wrong, I wouldn't be in the situation. Yeah, you have to or you have a panic attack. What about the ice challenge?
Speaker 3: So you did one challenge where you were in a deep freeze.
Speaker 2: They called it. It was you and Candice water.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't stay in an ice bath for two minutes, let alone how long you're in there for.
Speaker 2: We all had a group chat.
Speaker 3: We were all messaging each other at the time because it was incredible. You were so good in that moment, and I was so proud of you. I honestly was just like, oh my god, she's done so.
Speaker 2: Well, Queen Britty. But what was that like? And was it as hard as it looked?
Speaker 1: That was my favorite challenge and that by far the hardest, most difficult challenge of the show. So they say, but that's because there was so much physicality in it and actually danger. So it was about eighteen minutes total. You ended up being in an ice bath, and it is a proper ice bath. I can one hundred percent say there is nothing fake about what happened. And then you're panicking too because you're chained down and there's like the tinese bit of breath at the top and you can't catch your breath because you're so cold. Your breathing is really shallow and you're panicking.
Speaker 2: So our core body.
Speaker 1: Temperature dropped a bit over three degrees, So we should be at about thirty seven degrees. Most people know that we were your thirty three point eight or something, which crazy. If it gets they monitor you the second you get out, they're monitoring you the medical team. If you get to thirty two, that is proper, like you need to go to hospital hypothermia. So we were thirty three in a bit, and the second you get out, we couldn't even interview. Usually they interview you after, but we could not talk. We could not We were like convulsive shaking.
Speaker 3: Well, most people would think about temperature from the opposite, like when you have a fever and you get hot, and I think about like when the kids have had temperatures and they've gotten up to forty degrees, even higher than forty degrees, and in sane it's like we're at hospital with that, you know, So when you think about being three degrees under, it's just as severe, but in the opposite direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they they just had a car ready for us, heated at forty degrees. We had like the foil hypothemic blankets, hot water bottles, normal blankets, hot tea. They have to give you food to get your temperature up. And it was like forty five minutes before they check every couple of minutes in your ear and your temperature, and it was so I couldn't believe how slow it takes. Like it dropped so quickly and to get it back up took so long.
Speaker 3: Was there ever a point in that challenge where you thought, like this is dangerous, Oh yeah, one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent, but there is a risky. His name's Risky.
Speaker 1: They're the risk Assesses, and he has like Risky on his shirt and he's at every trial he sets it up, they've tested themselves and then he's there and stand by. So he was at the top of that with like his snorkel oxygen thing and his wetsuit. And they gave us a sign so you can pop up to the top and say I'm a celebrity, to get me out of here, and they'll take you out of the challenge. But they gave us a sign where you draw a line across your neck, so through the glass, if you're underwater, you just draw a line across your neck like the dead sign, and hell that is They were like, you only do this is an immediate release if something is proper wrong, and they have like those glass smashes and they'd smash the glass from the outside and the tank would just go out. So if you do that, if you do kill or you say I'm a celebrity, get me out of here, do you get taken like do you have to leave the show? So the way they well, our understanding, no one actually said it in a challenge, but our understanding was you don't have to do that. You can say it in the challenge and it just takes you out of the challenge the trial. But if you say it in the camp, you're saying I'm leaving, so it can just take you from a trial. You can say I'm a celebrity and they're like, it's immediately over.
Speaker 2: But you don't have to leave the show.
Speaker 3: So I think, maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that if you said it at all, it meant that you left the show.
Speaker 1: So I compete, like I didn't say it, But that's they said to us every trial like, you don't have to go through with this. You can be a celebrity, but it means you'll fall fit your stars. So I think when you're saying it in a trial, So if you're like seven stars or something and then you say it you fought for all stars, Yes, yeah, gotcha?
Speaker 2: Okay, who did you like the most in there?
Speaker 1: I mean I liked everyone, obviously, but I was really close at the beginning, I should say, the whole time. But Michelle and I we met on the first like we were in the same group at the start when we jumped off the cliff, and then our beds were put together because we were the last people to get beds, so just us were over on the corner in the jungle bush by ourselves. We got really close and we spent a lot of time talking. And I have a lot of time for Michelle. She's the sweetest, loveliest woman. What do you think people would be surprised to know about her? How sweet and lovely she is. I think people she doesn't have a bad bony in a body, she doesn't have a heart.
Speaker 2: She was just so caring.
Speaker 3: She is one So I mean, and this is purely just from someone looking from the outside in. She's someone who comes across prior to I'm a celebrity as hard as like that, lacking in a vulnerability aspect that I was talking about earlier, and you see her and you kind of can't quite read her. But then in the jungle, I think so many people who were watching that thought, oh my god, she's actually so lovely, she's so amazing and maybe has just been through some shit. And unfortunately, when you're a public figure, you go through shit, and you do it on a public stage for everybody to have an opinion about.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent and that's it.
Speaker 1: She was genuinely the most sweet natured, soft, caring, giving person.
Speaker 3: And also, I mean to be fair, and I guess it's an important thing that we could unpack on another episode. But like the show in which she was a part of for so long, The Biggest Loser is so deeply fundamentally wrong, and at the time we all loved it. We were all like it was like, you know, let's watch people who were overweight be tortured basically to be able to then get skinned life like we loved the suffering of it, which is like now with the twenty twenty four lens is so absolutely, so fucking gross.
Speaker 2: But I'm sure she probably also thinks it's gross.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think it lands now And I had that conversation on the show with Michelle. But I didn't love the suffering. I love the transformations. I love transformations of anything, a garden before and after a house renovation, a person's life, like the overhaul. Like she's like, I get that things will be different now, but she's like, I know the lives we change, And the way she spoke about it, she's like, they wanted to be there and do it, and she's like, and there's so much stuff you didn't see after it. She's like, I was with them all night. We were always talking and and help being And the way she spoke about it, I was like, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 3: It's just the humiliation aspect of getting people to get almost naked and stand on scales like that part of it. And that's what I mean by, you know, the suffering. I'm not saying that people got a kick out of it, but it was part of the show, right, like watching people break down crying. It was that vulnerability aspect that we would never stand for that now, like no one would watch that. Everyone'd be up in arms, in the same way that when I say this thing about Christy Swan from Big Brother back in twenty thirteen, we would riot if that happened now, Like when it comes to reality TV in the last ten years, the world has changed so much, which it absolutely needed to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's like, yeah, we'll have a whole nother convo about that.
Speaker 2: But other people like Ellie Cole.
Speaker 1: We've had Ellie on the podcast, but she is I mean, I even got to see another side of Ellie, Like at the end of the day we interviewed Ellie and we were friends on social media, but I didn't know what like I do now. She's so fucking funny and such a boss in there, Like I just take my hat off to it. It was such a hard environment and for her to be in there with her prosthesis. And I say that because there is a lot of up and down, hiking and walking. It's definitely not easy. A lot of the trials were really hard, but she just killed it. She never complains. Everything's funny. She makes a joke of everything. Obviously, Callum, I don't know if it was shown. Calum and I got along really well. He's very funny guy, very funny Pete, believe it or not, I don't know if they showed.
Speaker 2: A lot of that.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of really great conversations with Pete. He reminded me a lot of my dad. And he'll hate that because he'll be like, we're friends, We're not your dad. But the way he spoke about his kids and his wife was he just reminded me of my dad. He just he worships the ground that his family walks on. And he's such a sweet man, very unique sense of humor. And I had a lot of time for him, and he had a lot of time for me, which I appreciated. You know, he was very interested in my life and very curious, and not a lot of people in there were, so I loved that he had genuine questions about you know, people we've interviewed, things I've.
Speaker 2: Done, travel, whatever. So we had a lot of really great conversations.
Speaker 3: What about Callum And the reason why I asked this is because I think the version of him that we see on the show, and I might be just like drawing parallels, but I think a part of it is an act. And I say that because he comes across as so lovably stupid, But I actually think he's not stupid at all, and I think he's very good at making good TV. I think he knows how to get soundbites and do reality TV.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably accurate, and I can say that I don't know Callum on the outside.
Speaker 2: I only know he knew him in the show.
Speaker 1: But we all saw each other off camera and on camera, and he was definitely one hundred miles an hour on camera, and he slept all day off camera. But you can't also hold that against someone because we also making a TV show. Well, yeah, the cameras come on and you give energy, like that's what you do. So I'm not holding that part against him at all.
Speaker 2: We all did it.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's as dumb as he lets on at all. I think he's got a lot more upstairs, but in different ways. So like if he's really interested in something, he's really smart with it. Like so he he did like two years of a physio degree, which is really hard.
Speaker 2: He studied nutrition and pete really really.
Speaker 1: Difficult, but that's his forte, Like that's what he's interested in his own life. There are definitely some things that he didn't know that were real, like there are spec but then at the end of the day, I think he probably just leant into it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, which is what TV is.
Speaker 1: He got great one liners, great sound bites, and those one liners and stuff like that that is callum Like he spits that out left, right and center and is very funny. His accent helps a lot, and like the lingo helps a lot. I laughed at him all the time and it was genuine How many hours a day are you actually filming? So like when you wake up in the morning, so it's you're on from the minute you wake up. The cameras are on all night, they get you away you're sleeping, so you never you're always on. You're always And do they come and tell you, okay, guys, you need to bring lift the energy in camp.
Speaker 3: You need to do something like do they produce you at all? Or do they just leave you to the kind of like fuck around and talk. It's the most unproduced show I've seen. But they do produce you when they have to, and that's only when. And you're a couple of days deep of zero calories, no food, and you are struggling.
Speaker 2: You cannot even get up to walk down to wash up.
Speaker 1: And they see that, right, So when they see everyone and you know, Callum sleeping for thirteen hours a day, they're like, Callum, get up.
Speaker 2: He's like, bro, I can't. I do not have the energy to get up. So they'll send a banana. Is a banana, Yep.
Speaker 1: They send the banana in and that you pick up. And if they need you to do something active, if they know that there's like a dancing challenge where you're going to dance all day, they'll send in a banana or an orange. That's it, that one thing, one thing to keep you going. But it's only produced when we've been sloss for days. They're like, okay, we're actually trying to make sure you need to give us something.
Speaker 3: Was there anything about the whole experience that you were disappointed in or wasn't as you expected.
Speaker 2: It to be. I didn't think the food would be real.
Speaker 1: I knew that i'd be hungry, but I thought that'd slip you more secret food when you were struggling.
Speaker 2: But I, like, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't go in with a lot to lose, and I lost five and a half kilos in four weeks.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Four weeks and the boys lost ten kilos.
Speaker 3: It also makes me worried though, like if anybody went into that environment who had any sort of like disordered eating, like undiagnosed disordered eating, or like poor relationship with food, like that feels like a really dangerous thing to do. Well.
Speaker 1: I guess that's why you do so many like mental health checks before, Like you have a psychologist.
Speaker 2: The psychologist is there, they are watching you.
Speaker 1: Do you get weight when you go in and then when you leave immediately and they're watching. They know you're going to lose weight, but still monitored, right, they know that I think it's eight hundred calories absolute minimum and that can't be two many days in a row. So they monitor if you guys are getting really small amounts, if we're not winning any food at night, which we want a lot of food, but if you're not winning much, they'll send something in in the day. If you're going on a trial that's really high energy, they have like a little secret music bar that's made up on site of all the grains and stuff that are high energy. But yeah, from for someone of my size. So we have still lost five and a half kilos.
Speaker 3: That's how real it is so much such a short period of time, because really, as I mean, from when you left to now that you're back, it was like what five and a half weeks in total?
Speaker 1: Four weeks, yes, but four weeks of the show, which is the controlled eating four weeks and the last week we ate a lot. Like they get they start to give you treats like you win a cake, here, you have your buffet breakfast.
Speaker 3: There were so many questions that came in, but one of the big ones is, obviously there's a charity element to the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Do you also get paid? Do we get paid?
Speaker 1: You get Oh yes, you have to get paid because you give up your job. A lot of people won't get paid from their work. I had to take some leave without pay radio. So people negotiate whatever they think they need to go in in complete honesty. They offered me a number to go in, and I said no, because it didn't even cover I would lose money, That's what it was.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, that's all we have, and I was like, that's okay.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it, but like, I can't do it for that with what Yeah, So they renegotiated for me and everyone had different salaries, but no one talks about it.
Speaker 2: No one you can tell who got Frankie would have got the most, I think.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know if it's come out publicly, but Sky did so Sky Pete Deppler who works with kJ Karlan Jackie. If anyone doesn't know, they'll ask any question right, They don't care. And Sky answered answered it without realizing that it was embargoed. She was like, I got paid this much, so if you guys want to look, I don't want to say it in case it hasn't.
Speaker 2: Made it up.
Speaker 1: But Sky is hilarious because they called her because she just wants to be on reality TV. She hasn't been on six just twenty so they called her and said, would you like to do it?
Speaker 2: She goes, I'll do it for free. You don't have to pay me. I said, Sky, why did you tell them you'll do it for free? I was like, because I just wanted to be on TV. And I was like, bro, it's a still a job, like you will be for free. They will use you for free.
Speaker 3: Chanel ten they need all the money they can get, so big A lot of court cases at the moment, fucking noll Okay, well, I'm leaving the spiciest one to last. And some sicko wanted to know, did anybody or were you able to self pleasure in the time went off? Did you give you not one out while you were in there? Did you finger blast yourself whilst you were in camp?
Speaker 2: Ild you fifteen? Oh, I'm the one who's look it too far? Yeah, finger blast, rub one out.
Speaker 1: It's better than finger blast. Ew that your rank not a funny question. And lots of people ask that you can. Of course, you can do what you want, but you would I guess you would go to the toilet to do it because you're not.
Speaker 2: Gonna No one's masturbating and a drop toilet. No. So this is what Callum said, right. Callum put it in a really great way.
Speaker 1: He's like, the chick of my dreams could walk in here right now and want to bang, and I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: He's like, I do not have the energy to even perform. I don't have the energy to even lay here.
Speaker 1: You're so depleted that you're not horny because there's this you can't But I did often wake up with my hand on my boob or because I sleep like that anyway, like that me holding my boob is a comfort thing. I always wake up like that. And sometimes my hand was like, oh, my crutch, but I was just holding it. You.
Speaker 2: I forgot about this.
Speaker 3: It was the exit into you for Michelle Bridges, and they like flashed back to Camp Live and you were just laying there with your hand in your pants, just like that's my card and it's stayed on the It stayed on you for an uncomfortable amount of time and it was just you with your hands and your pants holding your vagina.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They didn't just go to another shot. They just stayed on your lock shot of you with your hands in your pants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would you. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing if your best life. It's always been my comfort thing. So like literally even you're like, yeah, I know, I do it as well. Just hold your vagina. Yeah, yeah, I feel like a man holding cupping his but or your boob, your boom.
Speaker 3: I hold my bo Yeah, a boob is fine. I feel like a boob is less because it's usually on the outside. If you were like in your top just holding a titty.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and also the crime. I'm hoping.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping no one saw me holding my crush because it was in my sleeping bag asleep.
Speaker 2: No, you were holding your crutch.
Speaker 1: I mean when I woke up, when I didn't know I was doing it because there was a lot because I was like, what else was I subconsciously? So yeah, there's definitely no one's masturbating. But like, yeah, if you ever saw me with my hands on private parts of my own private plants, it's a comfort thing.
Speaker 2: I've done it. I've always done it, always do it. I'm not ashamed of it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, I known usually on a Tuesday's episode we will do suck and Sweet, but we figured it, Brit since you've had zero fairtime on this podcast in the last x amount of weeks and you guys know exactly what's been happening in Keisha in my life, we wanted to just do a jungle suck and Sweet.
Speaker 2: So I think it's gonna be a little bit different.
Speaker 3: But what was the worst thing that happened whilst you were on the show.
Speaker 1: The worst thing was probably like for me in terms of trials, was the pignipple. For sure, there eating trial for me. I knew it was gonna be bad. I didn't even eat meat really when I went into the jungle pignipples on.
Speaker 2: It makes me feel sick to think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was actually vomitous. And can I just say my defense. I know that I was the only one that vomited in that in all of eating trials. There is a reason. And Robert told me, I don't know if it made it to air yet, but what I ate was pig nipples on a stink bug smashed together cake. And the stink bugs have this protection mechanism. The whole reason that they survive and they don't get eaten by animals is they smell so bad and they release this thing in their mouth that is so potent that animals physically can't swallow them. You vomited up, and that is the reason I was swallowing it. It was getting down to like my collar bones and coming back up like my body was like, fuck, no, it's impossible. As much as it's mind over matter, it's not. This was a This was a visual reaction from my body that was expelling the stink bug. And I could feel the nipples like tickling the goddess.
Speaker 2: Like the back of my throat. It was disgusting.
Speaker 3: So then because they only showed a little bit, they showed it and made it look like you kind of just gagged it up.
Speaker 2: Oh, they had to cut it ten minutes. Vomiting projected like horrific, like that that trial.
Speaker 1: That was sitting in my mouth for twenty minutes with my mouth closed, trying to swallow back up, keeping it in. So I tried so hard and they couldn't. Just everyone was like, you can do it, and I was like, I physically can't. It's going down and my body is expelling it.
Speaker 2: Vomited everywhere. But they had to cut all that because it was not very nice. That's disgusting. So that was the worst.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why they air that at seven point thirty at dinner time.
Speaker 2: No one can watch it.
Speaker 3: It is honestly the most watching someone almost vomit is worse than vomiting yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the gag, but I ate the intestine thing. That was disgusting.
Speaker 3: Michelle Bridges did it for the team. Ate three penises. I'd rather eat a dick, h the same. I've eaten three dicks in my life at.
Speaker 2: The same time, Give me a penis any day. Of the week.
Speaker 1: Give me skies vagina not skies, vagina sky ate a vagina sky ate a sheep fanny.
Speaker 2: Great piece of meat. Even had clitters on it. But she was like, it was fine. Sheep clitteris Yeah, it was ate clitters. It had a full vagina. It had so funny. Yeah, I had the flaps and then the clitter. It was a flat. It's a sheep flap. It was a fanny flap. There's a sheep fanny the labyer. Someone's going to come to us.
Speaker 3: Someone will listen to this podcast and be like, I call it what it is.
Speaker 1: It's funny to say sheated sheep's fanny flap with a clitters. So she actually said that was pretty good. It was just like a bit of meat.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was. It wasn't Tristan the one that was like, I'll have some of that hat, dude, Tristan. I've never seen anyone eat a test e like Tristan. It he sucked the testing down hole. He was blood on it. Oh, are they cooked? Is the meat cooked?
Speaker 1: It has to be cooked to whatever level is safe to consume, so it's like boiled.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't. Yes, it doesn't. Man they do not taste like that.
Speaker 3: They haven't cooked it with that, and they cooked with herbs and spices, they just they blanchet.
Speaker 2: I'm not convinced my intestines were cooked. I am not convinced. No, because awful.
Speaker 3: It would have been awful when it's cooked goes like white and okay, stop, Yeah, I was awful bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, have you ever eaten cooked tripe? Well, we had one.
Speaker 1: Night we had awful for dinner in a fat membrane. That was our that was our star dinner.
Speaker 2: We won that. It was the worst time in my life were You're just like, what the fuck is this? Absolute fuckery.
Speaker 1: I think that's the only time they showed me in the first two weeks was like I'm not fucking eating that.
Speaker 2: That's like, this is not a prize. Yeah, it was not a prize. This is mean. And then my.
Speaker 1: Sweet of the whole show, my favorite favorite day was towards the end, Stephen Callum and I did a trial that was the worst school kindibal ever and we were like, spun around on this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was funny. I off camera, I cannot tell you.
Speaker 1: We laughed hysterically from the moment we walked in and for like five hours later we could not We're on the ground in hysterics, like so much was happening, and that was what I needed to keep me going because I was like, this is the day I needed in the jungle, the hands down the best day.
Speaker 3: Callum was in a sack with poison, I stinging nettle. Stinging netles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was a spinny thing they cut. I wish I could find I'll try and find the raw material of me. It was like something was going I was so much lighter than the boys. They even said after it, I thought I was going to die. I was screaming for help. I was like, my head is coming off my body and my hands were being ropped off my back like my body was contorting, and even Stephen and Callum were like, I don't think this is right.
Speaker 2: And then after it the production.
Speaker 1: Team were like, well, we didn't expect that to happen, and I was like, where it's risky when you need him? Well, they were just laughing. They were like, I think she's okay, but my head was, my body was an angle it shouldn't have been and I could not control it.
Speaker 2: It was so funny.
Speaker 3: It's like when you go on Have you ever been on the gravitron at like the Easter Carnival where you get sucked.
Speaker 2: To the wall. It was like that on steroids.
Speaker 3: So I when I was really little, I must have been like ten years old. My mum let me go on that and I vomited. But if you vomit on the gravitron, the vomit, well, the vomit doesn't go anywhere. The vomit stays still, but everyone else spins around the vomit. So everyone on the gravitron got smacked by my vomit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was bad. It was really bad. And I do have an accilan filtered from the Jungle.
Speaker 1: I feel like the funniest parts of the Jungle were and I don't think they would have ever shown it.
Speaker 2: But it was at night time, so everything's quiet starting.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was like an orchestra, and like I'd often be the last to go to bed, it was an orchestra.
Speaker 2: Callum was the worst.
Speaker 1: I could hear hi from across the being, but everyone was just letting rip the women and the men, but they're asleep, so you don't know. But it was like the whole night, and I just thought this would have been the best montage.
Speaker 2: Did you try and figure out who had done it? I told everyone every morning. I was like, who wants to know who?
Speaker 1: Fun?
Speaker 2: And I would just tell.
Speaker 3: Them but it was hilarious, so completely asleep doing it, although was just like whatever, I didn't care.
Speaker 2: No, they're asleep. Yeah, yeah, they were asleep. No one actually was walking around letting them rip.
Speaker 1: The best montage the production I think should have put a montage of farting together.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy that you're back.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy that I hope you got out of it what you went in there for.
Speaker 1: I wanted to win, so okay, you did it. I hope you got something out of it.
Speaker 3: But also, I mean, I think it's so cool to be able to say yes to these opportunities where you do things that put you so far outside your comfort zone you don't know what it is that it's almost like you can't go in there with an expectation around what you want out of it because you don't know what you're expecting. And I think every reality TV show is kind of like that, where you're like, you know the beast of it, but at the same time, you really don't know what it is that you're going to feel or how you're going to think about it because it's a completely foreign experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I genuinely I say I wanted to win, of course I did.
Speaker 1: You want to win for your charity and you go in there and go through it all for that point. But I loved every second. I had a great time. I made friends. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. And I just want to thank all you guys for supporting me. And I know how many of you were sending the votes and obviously not enough, but Levene on every episode we drilled that. People were so amazing, like everyone's sharing on socials.
Speaker 2: Everyone, and I know you guys.
Speaker 1: I thank you so much for your support because I have seen it since I've come out and it really warmed my heart.
Speaker 2: And for producing Keisha and Johnno when you lare holding.
Speaker 1: Down the fort doing my socials, doing such an amazing job and supporting me from the outside.
Speaker 3: But anyway, guys, that is it from us. We've beack tomorrow with an interview episode and then things are back just as they were, like nothing ever happened. Yeah, Like I never left alright, Well that's it, you know, the true.
Speaker 1: So your mum, te your dad, tey dog tea friends and share the love because we love love.
Speaker 2: Kamaka the named Lakamba