Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: The Love God just has to get the dicon out and I'm ready to go.
Speaker 4: Funny whirl my flea, grown man tize.
Speaker 5: Tell me those are the lakes of Pradislama.
Speaker 1: Right, Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one, O four Pine three?
Speaker 5: Do you get much come back from what you said yesterday? Patsy the show pew a lot of emails? Really, Oh my god, yes, not complaints, just shock. Really, the the most, the most, The biggest reaction to anything you've ever said on the show is you chewing the toenails. Was actually out in a bar with some friends Friday night. The barman recognized my voice and he goes that Patsy's the one. Hey, yeah, she's loved she goes, and then he was like making a cocktail. So he's half time and he goes, think about chewing it, And I went, oh my god, I've forgotten that this last year. Wasn't it last year? That guy still remembers that all the amazing things we've done the show, that's the one thing he wants to talk to you about. Tune the tone now, but now old my beer, my Barman friend, did you hear yesterday? He seven, don't get the dice.
Speaker 3: And I did ask him when he got home last night. I said, any feedback on the show yesterday at work, because often he'll get to work and if he hasn't necessarily heard the podcast yet or the show, he'll be told what we've spoken about.
Speaker 5: My favorite story was the one you shared once where he was in like a serious meeting and someone just went, wait, are you the worri of be love God to see? So anyway, Patsy, what's been going on with you since yesterday?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I thought I was being a really clever mum. You'll find this when little Gordy goes to school. Jackie, you try to get as many Vegie think.
Speaker 5: I think, actually think jack thinks he's got seven month old for life. I was trying to say to him yesterday, you just got to get through the first twelve months. I don't think he believes they actually changed. He's got some strange version of a child that would just always be seven months or the rest of your life.
Speaker 4: I feel like we're finally used to this version.
Speaker 3: Shame it's like that for the first year. Believe me, it gets easier.
Speaker 5: But no, no, it does not get easier. That is a light. It does not get easy.
Speaker 4: It stays in one place now s Yeah, friend, Yeah, crawl and war.
Speaker 5: It certainly doesn't get It just gets more different. It's like a different level of computer game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more complex, that's more difficult.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was even back at office works last night with Ruby before today's big English example, because she suddenly is the dictionary she had, she's got writing all over it, and they think she's because cheating. Yeah, we actually do one hundred percent need to go. We're just in the final stretch, the last grace you can't walk in with. She's even you know, I said yesterday I bought in my brand new label maker. I'd labeled her low lucky pens, lucky pans. Those have to come off because they're worried that they've got hidden things on the inside. Well, like an entire poem. I'm somehow tidy backwards in code. Just go into the bathroom, look in the mirror. You'll fine words worth poem in there.
Speaker 4: Your daddy wrote your essay for you.
Speaker 5: It's all done the label maker. We'll get that atar. What happened you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all right. So she takes she doesn't like a sandwich for lunch. She takes a salad and we do a bit of protein, like maybe some chicken, boiled chicken or something on the top of it. But I've been this.
Speaker 5: This lunch box you make is what the rest of us would plan for weeks. There's some sort of picnic to propose to somebody.
Speaker 4: You still got that cheese and Queen's paste in there.
Speaker 3: No, she's done that for a bit. She's got occasionally occasionally with a bit of Queen's paste. No, so I've been chopping up really fine celery to get some greens into us. Oh no, breaking So I've been high it under all the stuff like the capsicum and the tomatoes and the cucumber. But she found me out yesterday. So I opened up a lunchbox when she got home and all there was was celery in the bottom of it.
Speaker 5: Smart key who wants to munch on that as a slick at lunch time?
Speaker 3: She goes, Mum, can you leave that out? And I said, oh, you don't like celery? And she said, you know, I don't like celery and you try.
Speaker 5: To like mashed potato in it? Yesterday?
Speaker 3: No, no. So I also at dinner time, if we have steamed cauliflower, I'll put the meshed potato.
Speaker 5: Tuesday. I mean you taco Tuesday steamed coliflower.
Speaker 3: Just cauliflower, but I'll whack the meshed potato if so.
Speaker 5: Are you working in a prison the lifers just.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: No, I mean there's so many cape food places in the city. Anyone had a side of steamed couliflower. Cheese is great? No, because of the cheese.
Speaker 3: So you haven't had a cauliflower from Wherroby South.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm alive today with Healthy Bows.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: So tomorrow morning we take the show from Richmond. We head south to Dingley Village and Monica's home, the smallest kitchen in Melbourne. What we're doing the entire show from me Jack and Patsy Show on the road soon to Echo. Also heading out to Dingley Village. They're going to be playing there live and also a sixty thousand dollars kitchen makeover in their tiny kitchen. They winly need a kitchen makeover, all thanks to Ina. So it's the big show tomorrow. Yesterday we were trying to find fun facts about Dingley Village. Our producers has only managed to uncover because there aren't a lot of big facts about this great suburb that is Dingley Village. All we found out really was from our producers. Jack was about two or three.
Speaker 4: Well there's five here, but you judge how many are called fun facts, which is what's at the top of the page. The rock band Jet originated from the suburb.
Speaker 5: We started big, great and then it tailed off.
Speaker 4: So far we're having fun. Dingley Village is seven point nine come and is squared.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I'm not feeling the fun yet.
Speaker 4: Ten point five thousand people reside in Dingley Village. The average age of someone in Dingley Village is forty five years old. The local football club is called the Dingley Dingoes and that's where we ran dry.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we're asking for you on fun facts about Dingley Village or I need five degrees of Dingley Village. When we just said five degrees of Dingley Village, we got two calls. When we said a million degrees of Dingley Village. We've got lots of calls and different stories. Some of the emails that came in yesterday after the show and about Dingley Village. Christian the late great AFA footballer and capsin of Sin killed a football club. Trevor Barker once lived in Dingley Village. That's a good one, no idea if he ever saw one those UFOs? Yeah right right at the end of the show we found Patsy found out. So the Westall incident is it known.
Speaker 3: As perhaps yeah, at the Westall School back in I say sixty six, it once.
Speaker 5: Nineteen sixty six they saw aliens and apparently it was a very serious sighting. But obviously because it was a school, it was mainly school kids. So we want to know this morning by nine o'clock, can we speak to anyone who obviously was like a young kid then a little bit older now who saw the UFOs. I do have an email from someone who is three who saw the UFOs aparently still remembers it.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, does any of.
Speaker 5: Us remember anything from the age of three?
Speaker 7: Still?
Speaker 4: One of my favorite calls we ever had on the show was the two week old baby who remembers.
Speaker 5: The moon landing, not just that she was nothing on her mother's teet at the time, but just cast one eye on way if we just landed on the moon anyway, bad lamp, booby milk. Where were we? Yes, So if anyone knows anyone they had a reunion in twenty sixteen at the west All Tennis Club. The people that were still surviving that saw it. So we'd love to find out anyone who saw the UFO. So Trevor Barker once lived there. Christian played an under eleven game of footy at Dingley Village back in nineteen ninety seven. Got to the ground. I need to fight a lot of these stories of going to Dingley Village and nothing happening. Got to the ground and to find out the game was canceled. The gates were chained and padlocked and no one had the keys. Fun fact, there's something about Dingley. Dingley is right Marapan Airport, Costco and there is a DFO. There many factory outlets also, so plenty of shopping. Andrew, this doesn't really help us during the breakfast shows now between six and nine. Christ isn't to a show this morning on facts about Dingley Village. You got to share this one. The star of Melbourne City Wrestling Brackets mcw who has wrestled all around the world, Adam Brooksy Brooks the loose Ledge himself is wrong Dingley. I can't believe Brooksy loose Ledge picture attached from his Instagram account hailing from Dingley is part of his wrestling entrance. He even caught himself the King Lee of altogether now Dingy so much so that you can buy T shirts. I wish we'd known this last week.
Speaker 4: We could have all got the T shirt?
Speaker 5: Can we? Nick Bys? He's still there? Where does he live in Melbourne? Brooksy the King of Dingley T shirt? We need these. Christian, you've got to name drop him into the conversation. They're bound to be huge wrestling fans there. That's from Bethany.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Found out that the rapper Snoop Dogg has a professional joint roller who has to roll him one hundred and fifty a day. That is to say, Snoops up for I don't know, twelve hours, fourteen hours. That's a lot. That's a lot, Okay, one hundred and fifty day. So the headline was about one hundred and fifty joints a day for Snoop Dogg. That wasn't really big takeaway from me. He has a professional joint roller. He what did he like run interviews? What's the recruitment policy? Thatson's got like sick an entitlement and a package and what like a bonus STRUCTURER and stuff like that. I can't believe he actually employs someone whose job it is just to roll his joints.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get a repetitive stress in jest well from doing the thing movement one hundred and fifty times a day.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So if this was like the sixties or seventies and it was for Keith Richards and you heard about the story, that you understand that. But in twenty twenty two, I thought, what a strange job for somebody. So this morning, what is the strangest almost unusual job you've had?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: So Snoop Doggie Dog has someone he employs a full time joint roller. Okay, tell you what is a busy guy, this joint ronie. You think, well, that's an easy gig. No, you've got to make a hundred and fifty a day for.
Speaker 4: Snoop dogg Would they kill a man?
Speaker 5: What's smoking that amount or making them? I know you're you're you're allergic to hard work, which bit are you more worried about?
Speaker 4: Meaning? The smoking ard day after day never would take its toll.
Speaker 5: Did I ever tell him still about meeting Snoop Dogg? Oh my god, this is a horrendous story. Right years ago, I was went to see a medium friend of mine to a gig and I went to see him backstage and he was like very very famous again, and he'd been doing a lot of work out in America, and backstage or just in the green room, happened to be loads of different people in tvings that and as part of an entourage, and there was a there was billowing smoke everywhere. And I don't mean like when people would smoke indoors. I mean Snoop Dogg Worth, Yes, all the dope. The center of it was Snoop Dogg. And I got introduced to him and he had like this, He had like it the law tracksuit and chain he was. He looked magnificent and anyway he had this Honestly, it was like a It looked like a sub sandwich of a joint. And I must have looked like a knarc. I didn't they come to that big so And he's obviously a polite man. He's introduced to me and he goes he sort of pasted it to me, and I I didn't know what to say. I went, I went at this. I had some early enough, No, I had one earlier. I hadn't I had some of that earlier. You know, you get a bit full up. Actually, yeah, I've had too much. Actually, to be honest, i had ten of those on the way here. So I've just got to give it another hour two.
Speaker 4: Your's actually quite all right.
Speaker 5: So what is the weirdest or unusual, most unusual job you ever had? Nine four one four one oh four three Chris, Good morning, Good morning. So Chris, what is the most unusual job you've ever had?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm currently a snake catcher. I mean that's pretty unusual. And previously I've been a professional adventurer.
Speaker 5: So what is what? What do you mean? Like Indiana Jones? What's a professional adventurer?
Speaker 8: So similar to how an athlete works in terms of the job, but rather than playing a sport, you just do very weird things.
Speaker 4: But who's paying you to do that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean, where's the coin coming from? Who's the man at the top of the pyramids?
Speaker 8: You just come up with a bad ideas.
Speaker 9: People jump on board.
Speaker 8: And you get sponsorships, You become ambassadors for companies and things like that, and that's how you get paid for the job. So the last expedition was kayaking the wrong way up the Murray River. Fits on a half thousand gates.
Speaker 5: This is these field like ideas. You come up with the pub we're going to rodeo around Australia and so who.
Speaker 4: Paid for that one? Chris, give us an example of the company why you got the wrong way?
Speaker 5: Just do the that's aggressive.
Speaker 8: Geelong Kat's actually jumped on board. We had Paddy Palin based in Melbourne, big adventure company. We had We're in a System's Kayaks who sent basically a kak in a paddle every year for a while while was ambassador. So companies like that basically genuinely fascinated.
Speaker 5: I feel like we should do a competition to come up with your next adventure.
Speaker 8: I'm up for that.
Speaker 4: What's the most impress thing you've ever done, Chris, We'll go up the Merry River.
Speaker 5: The wrong way starts from.
Speaker 8: Me, it'd probably be that one going the wrong way up That was that was pretty difficult.
Speaker 5: But it's not like the rapids. It's not like Niagara for pretty steady body of water, isn't it the Murray?
Speaker 8: It gets pretty fast in the top rangers have to take you word.
Speaker 5: From it, all right, Chris, thank you very much. Keep the calls coming. Then, the weirdest job you ever.
Speaker 2: Hadler you're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Jack, was the strangest job you ever had.
Speaker 4: When hamshan Andy were still on row, they wanted to film this bit where they were taxi drivers overnight, so they would pick up people and then film them and interview them where and they're in the taxis, but they wouldn't let them have the taxi license unless they actually sat the test and did the full setup that you have to that every taxi driver has to go through. The only exception they gave them is that they were allowed to do the tests at the radio station instead of doing it at the taxi school. So my first paid job on hamer shan Andy was to learn study the taxi test. Can sit the taxi test for them?
Speaker 5: You know why?
Speaker 4: The test for them? So I sat in a room at the radio station and tried to use different handwriting for Hamish's test and answer questions like if you were going from Corefield to the airport, what route would you do?
Speaker 5: All right, let's go to Mick. Good morning, Mick. What's the strangest job you ever had? Mick?
Speaker 10: Hi, guys, I hope you're ready for this. I worked artificially in seminating turkeys.
Speaker 5: Well, someone's going to do it. You know, we won the turkeys, then they're going to be made somehow. Someone has to do that. And how tricky is that?
Speaker 10: Well, apparently because I don't want enough for commercial purposes. It's a tour of person operation. One of them comes up, Hello, darling, my name's Mick. Grabbed a turkey, shoved its head between its legs, turns it upside down for the other person to get a sir rainge and in semin.
Speaker 5: Made it quite a two man job, that, isn't it? How you make an eye contact when you're doing that.
Speaker 10: Now, a little bit of small talk and small.
Speaker 5: Talk, how the tiger is going to go next season?
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you gotta move, You gotta move quick, Mike, get an ugly one.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Okay, all right, Mack, thank you very much. She cool Frank, good morning, Oh, good morning, Oh, good morning, Frank. So what's the strangest job you ever had? Frank?
Speaker 11: I had to extract gophers from graves in Queen's Park Cemetery in Calgary, Canada, because they used to bring up the the treasures of the loved loved ones. So it was it was it was basically like Caddy Shack with Bill Murray's character.
Speaker 5: Almost feel like this should have been the second Caddy Shak movie where Bill Murray is now in a in a graveyard and the cemetery getting rid of those damn gophers.
Speaker 4: So the gophers were like little grave diggers.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they kept bringing up little piles of things like well, we'll just say metal objects and things and.
Speaker 5: Say what you mean? I mean, there's no dead people listening right now. They're not going to call in from the grave moaning, So what do you mean like.
Speaker 11: Wedding ring earrings, things like that, and yeah, and we did it in a very humane manner, but it was some.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I got a bit of a reputation in that cemetery sort of because it was the hear that that movie came.
Speaker 5: So you are so Canadian, and of course being Canadian, you've done it an incredibly humane way you probably would have sat with all the thirty years until these died of natural causes in a little room.
Speaker 4: Think of the families, Think of the loved ones of the decease.
Speaker 5: So are they? Are they? Somehow I'm actually get into the coffins. All these are the works.
Speaker 11: I don't know how they do it, but they've got very sharp teeth. I don't know if you're seen a golfer, but they've I.
Speaker 5: Haven't had that pleasure yet my life, but still time, you know, still trying to take that off my boot like a.
Speaker 11: Little beaver of mine, the flat tail.
Speaker 5: So they will just burrow their way into the coffin, have a little look around the corpse, and then take what they want.
Speaker 11: That's what it seemed to be.
Speaker 4: I think that's why the Queen's coffin was iron club.
Speaker 5: Stop the gophers.
Speaker 11: I think that would be hedgehogs in English.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, Frank, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: This time tomorrow morning, me Jack and Batsy not here in Richmond, talking to you in our studio. We are show on the road. We are going to be in the welcoming tiny lot of cramped but very homely surround of Dingley Village and listener Monica with her husband Dustin, and there are two kids. They've won the show. Also Pseudo Echo playing live at the moment. There's five of them in Sudo Echo. Brian obviously the least singer. He's going to be in the Melbourne's tinest kitchen, which is so small. The team went out there yesterday Patsy and they said it really is so small. It's one person only at the time in the kitchen Brian and his keyboard is going to be wedged in there. Cat.
Speaker 4: I'm worried about how are we going to because they said they will cook his breakfast, but we also want to put Pseudo Echo in the kitchen, so.
Speaker 5: We're going to have to be very good on timing. So we need to eat before Pseudo Echo, then get out of the way and then when in there. The team asked me yesterday actually, because you do go and do Hamish Nandy, where do you think Jack's going to sit? I said, wherever the most comfortable seat is. Right. He will plump himself down there like a cat and then we'll prize him out of it nine o'clock and go home.
Speaker 4: In the window.
Speaker 5: Yeah, amost sunlight. He will be very, very very happy. The team went down there essay to have a look around. Obviously, the engineers, we've got to set up ready for it tomorrow's show. And it's not just the show, it's also where sudo Echo are going to be and get the sound mixed right, you know, because the kind of gear you need for this is a gear you need is if you were doing a really big show. And also the team did say today today to me that they didn't want to leave Monica's home. They felt so welcome there, So I cannot wait to do to my show. Now, are you're going to be okay?
Speaker 3: Patsy Oh, I thought you're talking to Jackie.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, he trusts me. Jack has always going on mind about you and how you mix with other people.
Speaker 3: Like that necessary, hospitable.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, you know how we know how you are. If the news isn't fed to you the right way. Two words Cordon, first name, James, what's an omelet to him? It's your new scripts. If it's upside down, the printer tone is wrong, that house has been turned upside down and someone's getting punched.
Speaker 4: You're not going to have your busy news beavers, come and bring your tea.
Speaker 5: Patsy has this entire news entourage. She's like snoop Dog. She has a news roller.
Speaker 3: You know what, just wheel me out like Silence of the Lambs on a trolley with the mouthguard. We don't need that and I won't buy it.
Speaker 5: But apparently you will have to probably be located for the entire show. You won't be with Jack and I or for the entire show, not even no, no, no, You're going to be in one of the kid's bedroom. They've got like one of those bunk beds with a desk underneath it. Oh yeah, you can't be there, but but the engineers say, because the wather microphones and the sound cut work, you'll have to stay there for the show six nine and we'll be somewhere else at the band and let everybody else. You'll be with the guys they having the breakfast and stuff. Yes, so we're looking forward to it. So that's tomorrow's show, today's show. Then, so it's Wednesday. We want to know about your week so far and six words.
Speaker 4: And then your texted six words right from your phone.
Speaker 12: Ada, tell us just how your week has gone.
Speaker 5: Did you watch the.
Speaker 4: Dog or watch Game of Thrones.
Speaker 5: Text us now, but only you six words in your message. The reference to Gamer Thrones in there, which finished a couple of years ago. Yesterday the show had an advert excitedly announcing we're on Facebook. Please team. I don't even know what the media. I don't want to know what the median ages of gold. We don't need to double down on it. We're trying to bring in the kids, all right, six words so far you're week? You can send us yours two four seven, five three, one oh four three. How's your week going so far? Tell us in six words? Patsy, how's it for you?
Speaker 3: What's yours? Is mine? Vice versa? Last night the wear of We Love God?
Speaker 5: Where are you going to this? It's so hard to keep up with the rhythm, is it? It's like the rid luck. My first is in budding, but not in the bin. I've got no idea how your week's going? Then King Dying.
Speaker 4: You will buy me, but you will never use this.
Speaker 5: Slowing down and have one with them? How is your wi? Soper? In six words?
Speaker 3: I got the wear of We Love God? He very kindly to put last night put a heap of washing away. I had I reckon like five weeks.
Speaker 5: No, that means it means it's time for go get the swing.
Speaker 3: Stop it with the swing already. Okay, sorry, yeah, which is great, but I knew inevitably that that would mean heaps of stuff would be put in the wrong spot. But I thought, you know what, I'm not going to say anything because then.
Speaker 5: Start trying to help, she just forget it. I know, because there's three women. I don't know sometimes these days who's is who's It's all their clothes look the same. My wife now wears athletic Lisa aware like the girls and the hoodies and bras, and I actually don't know who's.
Speaker 4: Who's, especially a little linen closet as well. I just anything that doesn't go in our wardrobes.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I hate that it makes more of a mess.
Speaker 5: But I love it when goes. You know, it's easy to do it myself.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 3: Know, but that's what you want to hear, right, Yes, But Audrey came out with holding up a pair of my knickers and she goes, why are these in my cupboards? So he's put my knickers in Audrey's. And then I thought, I'll go check my draws. I've gone check my draw and I've got Audrey's niggers in my draw And then we've.
Speaker 5: Told you before about being too mesh with your daughter, but you can't be wearing her knickers. Stop that, Patsy.
Speaker 3: And then the towels are like everything in all neat and orders, so I know where to find stuff. Instead of putting the towels away in the cupboard in our bathroom, he's just like left them in a pile like the leaning Tower of Pisa beside the bath They're just like sitting there and I'm sure he's put them on top of dirty towels.
Speaker 5: The reason why we do six work, well, it's just shortened the thing. Somehow I've found away in a picture, well how many pictures?
Speaker 13: It?
Speaker 5: A series of paintings?
Speaker 6: On?
Speaker 5: Is it gallery? We're getting now we're having a tour on MTVS. Off the flip and why the linen cupboard? Six words? Just dis chance?
Speaker 4: It just said it?
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm going to play a song Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: So that's about your week so far? And six words?
Speaker 6: Oh not?
Speaker 5: When on a date last night? This comes from listening it cheeky or Tuesday night date. Nick, three year old slept all night. Tim congratulations, great news to you and your partner. Jack came bouncing in today because obviously your seven month old had had one of those dreams sleeps you need those little winds.
Speaker 4: All the way through. And we were worried because he missed his nap, and anytime they missed their nap, I feel like all evening.
Speaker 5: The old man. Let's not have the old granddad nap in the afternoon, set up two new couples. Saturday, stood in the gym bench press that comes from George. House work done, too tired for a reward. Seriously considering moving to the desert. That's someen someone who's had enough of this oppressive weather At the moment, kids rowing still early knee sleep. That comes from Lynn Jack. What's your week so far? In six words, I pulled the plug on Halloween. I'm trying to do this right now.
Speaker 4: It feels good and now I know where you guys were. Remember a couple of weeks ago, I said, oh, let's have a competition to see whose family can truss up the best in a family thing.
Speaker 5: Did you know this? By the way, so you said to Patsy, you know, like, hey, let's ever who can do it the best and stuff. They was like, no, we can busy, we got kids, and we said no. Immediately Jack went behind my back and asked my wife, O Jack mess my one. I didn't know until the next day. One of the kids goes, Jack by the way, said mama message. I went about what I thought was he checking in that I'm okay person. He goes no, saying that you said no, but trying to ask my put pressure on her to that, and even Sarah my won, went no, we don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: I thought I would rally the votes behind the scene, but even Sarah said no, we're busy, but you're trying.
Speaker 5: To get like a dad's spell going to the house.
Speaker 4: And now I understand why. We went to the Halloween costume store yesterday. And as I'm walking up and down and looking all like the plastic key Halloween costumes that you know you're only going to wear ones, and we picked some out and I'm looking at the price of it and thinking, when am I ever going to be the Mad Hatter again? No, I'm out and said, oh, well, can we at least get some skulls and pumpkins for the front of the house. I said no, because you know what that will do in track neighborhood kids to the house.
Speaker 5: Mitchell, So you know what that track joyful children.
Speaker 4: Will send the wrong message that we will be our house that wants visitors.
Speaker 5: And we don't.
Speaker 3: We don't is huge for a Bianca because she's American, so it's tradition.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking we go.
Speaker 5: So hang on a minute, what happened? Did you leave with nothing?
Speaker 4: We left with nothing.
Speaker 5: Everyone find up the tesla.
Speaker 4: Now we're not dressing up because we weren't even going to go trigger trading anyway, because.
Speaker 5: You've got seven seven his nap and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: It was just for a photo. We were going to be els in Wonderland for a photo. And then if we have decorations outside, then kids will come and knock.
Speaker 5: On the door. It's an absolute nightmare. I can't stand Halloween. The kids, and not just that they're all grabby around My bad they do this, they rummish through that all you got. I don't even answer the door, right my wife will go Chris, can you go? And no, I don't want to see those grabby little kids.
Speaker 4: Because they probably used to real rich.
Speaker 5: Of course, where's the Belgian stuff, Where's the good stuff? Go get it, mister O'Connell.
Speaker 4: I'm happy to skip it this year.
Speaker 5: Notice that when I see them sometimes they go they go two handed and I go one hand.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: If you thought yesterday we pete with Dingley village stories and facts, we have so many more. We only skim the surface yesterday. So tomorrow's Breakfast show, we are on the road. We're in the lovely home of listener Monaco, who won the show Monday. She wins me, Jack and Patsy around their pseudo echo playing live and a sixty thousand dollars kitchen make cover thanks to Robin the team at E and S. So you need to imagine where we're going to be. This is She described it as Melbourne's Chinese kitchen. The team story yesterday it is. We all know kitchens like these one person at the time. In the kitchen, Monica and husband Dustin can cook at the same time. So if they can't cook at the same time, a five piece band cannot play at the signs at the same time. So Brian is going to be behind his keyboards wedged into the kitchen or unt some concern now about how are we going to fed, get fed and stuff like that. So they're going to be dotted around this this little home that we're going to be in tomorrow. So we thought we'd do a phone because you're very lucky sometimes if you see a big band in a small room. You know, some of us before they were famous, Every single great band or artists had to do their time of playing in small rooms, you know, dive bars and stuff like that. So I always get it's very lucky if you catch a band before they break it big in a really, really small room. So we're calling this small room big band. Nine four one four one oh four three. Who is your dad's scene?
Speaker 4: Oh, my dad's one is ac DC. And with every decade that passes through, crowd gets smaller and smaller. So it started at his high school, or before ac DC were big. They played a high school, and then what.
Speaker 5: They came at the high they played at the high school high.
Speaker 4: School kids, I guess, and then it became fifty people twenty now it's practically they played a one n geek for my dad and he was in the front row brighter.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christian o'cyls show podcast.
Speaker 5: We just going to find back at eight right now, Big band, small room? Who did you see in a small room before they broke big? Nine four one four one o four three Christian. We saw the Wiggles on a basketball court and broad meadows for five bucks with my oldest child. Next time I saw them rod Lave Arena. There you go, big band, huge band, small room nine four one four one oh four three. Come on, it's.
Speaker 10: Sarah, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Sarah, Big band, small room. Who did you see?
Speaker 6: I was very lucky enough to see Pseudo Echo before they came became huge.
Speaker 5: Oh wow? So where were they?
Speaker 6: They performed at mine? Do you tins called it?
Speaker 5: Oh that's really cool. So this is back in the eighties.
Speaker 6: Year was eighty two eighty three.
Speaker 5: That must have been really cool. So what did they do? They do funky Town and.
Speaker 6: They did about five hours off because.
Speaker 5: They're not expecting they know where we need two songs. Five hours.
Speaker 6: They had a couple of SIPs, you know, like they play. Then they'd go off and have a break and we'd have a bit of disco or whatever it was happening, and then they'd come back and do a bit more. They didn't perform for the whole five hours.
Speaker 5: Oh gotcha, gotcha, gotcha?
Speaker 14: Okay, yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 6: Was really great. There was about two hundred of us at the Dads and they're fantastic. So I sort of think of them as mine because I knew them because before they would be.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, we'll let them know we met your own. Sarah, Sarah, thank you very much. You called me. Have a good day.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 13: Bye.
Speaker 5: Costa Costa So Big Band's Small room.
Speaker 11: Back in the eighties, Saint Peter's Hall in Center Openway.
Speaker 13: I saw a little reuven Ice House and Straight Hall two bucks.
Speaker 5: That's amazing. Three great bands there.
Speaker 15: Yeah, on the on the monthly venue one month, different band each month.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, that's awesome. All right, thank you very much. Let's go to Simon Good. Hi you gang here Good and Simon Big band Small room. Who did you see?
Speaker 15: I saw John Mayer in Charlottesville, Virginia. He was playing on a stool in a in a CD shop. It was probably I walked past the city shop there was a dude on a stool, walked in.
Speaker 14: It was him.
Speaker 15: Well, obviously abnyeknew he was. He was just channing out his change from room for squares.
Speaker 5: Wow. Wait, that's pretty incredible. Then ever then became a huge international artist.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean yeah, he's been huge for a long time. But yeah, back then it was it was just like walking past anybody sitting on a stool playing. He was amazing guitars, and that's kind of what was pulling people in, say at a bit of a crowd game, but it was just in a shot a pretty small town from Virginia. And yeah, he was very.
Speaker 5: Word And that's all right, Simon, thank you very much, no worries, is it me? Is all a little bit.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Show on the road tomorrow from one of your homes, Monica's house with her husband Dustin their two kids in Dingley Village. Yesterday we're asking for your five degrees of Dingley Village, any stories, any facts after our producers three producers uncovered three facts. Well there weren't actually facts. There were more stats actually just how many people live there and the total space of it.
Speaker 4: And the median age forty five years old.
Speaker 5: So the one thing missing fun how have it you brought the fun like you do every single morning. One of you, said, Christian, I vaguely remember that Dingley Village featured on an episode of Selling Houses Australia. You were right two thousand and eight. Here's some of it about the great Dingley Village, our home for tomorrow's show Tomorrow.
Speaker 16: Once known for its fruit farming, Dingley Village is now an established family suburb with large affordable houses built by the European migrants.
Speaker 5: Who settled here. Wait, there's more.
Speaker 16: It's twenty seven kilometers from the CBD, but the Nepean Highway has cut trouble time to just over thirty minutes. There are no iconic trams or swanky cafes yet, but interest is definitely on the rise.
Speaker 5: You're really telling it, But this is two thousand and eight. We heard yesterday as romas the Hawks might be moving there, and also that the Southern Hemisphere's largest water park may be being constructed in Dingley Village after the show, Just when we thought we peaked with all your stories, not so you.
Speaker 17: Had more high Christian is Taffy from Dingley Village. Here. My daughter goes to Kingswood Primary School and the ex principal used to be. Cosantino is a magician's mum, and there's actually a hall named after Cosantino because he donated the money to have it built.
Speaker 5: We should not rest on the show until we have a hall named.
Speaker 12: After us Ghiddo, Christian, it's marqu here. I grew up in Dingley. Dingley was surrounded by landfills. There wasn't much to do, so we found our own fun by throwing shopping trolleys and rocks into the old quick scene. I live just outside of Dingway now just down the road in Parkdale. I'm sure you'll have a great time in Dingley. It's a great spot.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 18: Hi, Christian Ntin. This is Susan and I grew up in Dingley Village. A couple of fun facts for you. The longest serving GP was Dr Pierce. He pierced my years when I was eleven years old and I passed down on the footpath. Another thing that you might not know is that the footballer Lee Matthew's living in Dingley Village for many years.
Speaker 5: Thanks by Lee Matthews Trevor Marker. It's a place for legends. Basically. One of your emails that came in yesterday was about this guy, Adam Brooks.
Speaker 9: Christian, what's happening, dude? It is the Kingley of Dingley, former Melbourne City Wrestling heavyweight champion Alan Brooks here and look, dude, I heard that you're going to Monika's house to broadcast live from Dingley. If you get any issues while you're in Dingley, hit me up, mate. I'll come and sort all the people out, and then afterwards we're going to Pauline Avenue and we're going to enjoy a spaghetti pizza. I absolutely love the spaghetti pizza from Pauline Avenue pizza shop.
Speaker 8: So Christian, enjoy your time in Dingley, dude.
Speaker 5: Right, this is he sounds alleged by the way. I wish we'd found out about him last week actually, but we hadn't picked the house then. But he's even got Kingly of Dingley these amazing T shirts.
Speaker 4: I really could get it tomorrow.
Speaker 5: But anyway, so he's mentioned Pauline Avenue and the pizza pa specaus is that we need to speak to them today to see there's any way we can try this tomorrow morning during the show.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: Hi, Christian brothers Nick and Chris Jester from the Banchet grew up in Dingley Village. Weakest claim to fame My daughter went to kindergarten with their younger brother not in the band. Endingly, Joe nicely links to the claim to fame and to my show. You're crossing the streams. Please be careful people, show.
Speaker 4: Business, my show business.
Speaker 6: My father was Rick Springfield's mother's handy.
Speaker 8: Mares of on traps in the sound of music were my.
Speaker 19: Great great grandparents.
Speaker 6: My mother actually worked for the Queen in England, turning herosent. I watched a movie made by Chuck Norris que ist.
Speaker 2: Chuck Norris Christian O'Connell's weakest claim to face.
Speaker 5: All right, line's open now nine four one four one O four three. What is your weakest claim to fame? Let's go to John first of all? Coome morning John, Oh morning, Christian?
Speaker 14: There are you going?
Speaker 5: I'm good John, okay. Weakest clean to fame?
Speaker 14: Yep, so pretty much. I bumped shoulders with Noel Gallagher while walking in the streets of Melbourne many years ago.
Speaker 5: Now, so what was this when he was with his brother an oasis or was he out here on solo tour?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 14: I know he was with his brother and Oasis that it was for the Livid festival back when that was on. So yeah, and I was just casually walking down Elizabeth Street with my mate. We were just exploring Melbourne before the festival, and yeah, I banged into someone and like, and we kind of looked back at each other and gave each other that look of eight, don't bump into me. And then I'm walking away. My mate's like, you know who that was? And I'm like, I have no idea, and he's like, that was no Galligher from Oasis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you've got to be careful because you know, you can throw a punch or two.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I did think that. I didn't know which brother it was, and i'd heard tales.
Speaker 5: John, thank you very much your cool.
Speaker 14: Yeah, thank you, guys. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Have a good day, John Anthony, good morning. Week is kind of fame.
Speaker 13: I'll working at hotels at Contierge back in the day and I just happened to be walking in and my boss goes, can you quickly please take this lady's luggage straight upstairs? So I walked upstairs and and we were walking into the elevator. Her bodyguard must have been at a time, a massive, massive guy. We've walked in and I started singing a bit of arpole of that girl, and because they've just been on the radio, the Ana and a Anna, he starts cracking up, laughing. And as I found out when I walked to them into the room, when Stefani was in fact behind him.
Speaker 5: So you were singing Gwen Stefani all about girl and he happened to be in the left with Gwen Stefani.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and the I looks I got, especially from her to her bodyguard as well as he was cracking himself laughing.
Speaker 5: All right, Anthony, incredible story.
Speaker 13: Yeah. I look, there was a very very funny and he was a lovely guy, but she was definitely a diva, right, gotcha?
Speaker 5: All right, Anthony, We'll let you go. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying those last two callers were't the go, but Sue the Boss has just chipped him one for the first time ever on the weakest claim to fame.
Speaker 4: She's trying to save the segment.
Speaker 5: She's got the shows back. Does this count? Not even good morning? Does this count? SHANEA Blaze from the block walk past me? In the line for the news Missus Harris goes to Paris on Sunday. Yes, Sue, that's one of the better ones. Thank you. Nine four one four one oh four three your weakest claim to fame? Good morning, Tim.
Speaker 15: Yeah, hi ye.
Speaker 7: My father Many is going the seventies refereeing to match between BLO and then also our team including Molly Meldram.
Speaker 5: That is amazing. And so how come they're all playing football together.
Speaker 7: We're in Melbourne playing the concert. They must have got bored and just wanted to have a soccer match.
Speaker 5: I wish more bands when they're touring the world. You got to that time got involved in local football talknaments.
Speaker 4: Do you remember who else was in the All Star?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 7: My father wasn't really into music because it made it worse my younger brother and I. He was going to pull us out of school to be linesmen, but he thought Elo was just an orchestra.
Speaker 5: This is great. I love the fact that Elo cares so much about the game. They want it properly, sort of Marshall a linesman and a referee. This is amazing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my father was a play for referee at the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, that's the EELO that want a proper standard, you know, international rules, just not a normal referee, a free for one.
Speaker 4: You want to know about it.
Speaker 5: We want to work. Won a World Cup red. Maybe the referee tours with them from then on. They couldn't trust a local one. Tim. That's a great story. Thank you very much, Renzo. Good morning.
Speaker 19: Okay, seem my weakest claim to fame is my wife who used to live in Dingley babysit babysat Nick and Chris, sister from Jet.
Speaker 5: This is great. Wherever we go today, it all leads back to Dingley Village and the man.
Speaker 19: Jets exactly exactly. So the quick story was I was watching them. I was watching them on the telly. She walks by and says, hey, what a Nick and Christine on the telly. I said, that's chit. Yeah, Nick and Chris. I used to babysit them. So it turns out they lived two houses down the street in Catherine Avenue.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, that's amazing, Renzo, Thank you very much. She's cool.
Speaker 19: Pleasure. I have a great day.
Speaker 5: Thank you. How many of these maybe one a month? We get work. Someone walks past the TV and go, what's so and so doing on TV.
Speaker 4: She never got around to hearing about jet But I recognize that child's faces has grown adults, all right, Adam, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Christian.
Speaker 20: My weakest claim to fame is I played footy with Dipper's son and in the late nineties when he was on all the Dimmi Dads and all that, and he filled in as a runner for our footage team one day, so we had a brandlow medallist running out messages from our coach at Botan.
Speaker 5: He's a hell of a character, isn't he. Remember we did last year. One last game he was trying to head back listeners running head by, and there was angry that he missed. It was just a friendly, non contact game. We were so decided what to do.
Speaker 4: We actually have slow mow footage where he tried to pole drive someoney Luckily, luckily he was too slow and missed them.
Speaker 5: Twenty years ago with a different incident. But what a legend.
Speaker 20: He was great. The team we were playing were pretty rough, and being one of the bigger kids on the team, I decided trying to stick up some of my team mate, so I put a kid into the fence right in front of his mum and his mom started yelling a Dipper to tell me to go a bit softer, and Dipper sort of tried to calm it down, and he came over to me in the middle of the ground. He said, next time, get him harder and put him through the fist.
Speaker 5: And that was a kid. You say, Adam, thank you for you cool. Let's get to the boss on next.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'commel show podcast.
Speaker 5: A lot of reaction from what we talked about yesterday. This serie that Jack's wife said to Jack that apparently scientific survey is that when men do more housework, more household chores, they are more attractive to the partners. Patsy doubled down on this sch some very strong stuff and every lady that called the show all corroborate also the same thing. This is true. Email here from Andrew Clark, Christian. Having listened to the show yesterday, I thought about things differently, went home, got home, cooked a wonderful home chicken curry with rights and homemade narmbreads afterwards, and my wife a nice coffee. Also, we had pudding and everything I did the washing up, entied the kitchen bin, put the wheelibur out ready for morning collection. How did it go? Or how you ask? Well, it's half an hour after all this, and I'm typing you this email instead of wallowing, and a police called toal Bliss to tell you this story. It's all alike, Christian designed to make men do more housework.
Speaker 2: Andy, you're listening to the Christian o'carl show podcast.
Speaker 5: Budget movies is what we're looking for today. Budget movies. None flew over the Cuckoo's nest, budge of cutbacks, no one. They've got no money to silver, full rental jacket, Please have it back by Monday. No staines to bossit. No coupon book for old men silver, the Devil Harder's price, isn't it?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Kind of down?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Well, this year's budget No no, no. The ever wears Nada gold and God Raising a Baby's expensive, isn't it?
Speaker 6: Jo?
Speaker 5: Three men in a Little Lady a little bit cheaper little lady instead of little that's clever? Yeah, thank you? What little?
Speaker 4: The supermarket chain's little.
Speaker 3: It's like an eldie. We were going to get them, but we're not anymore. Apparently they're in the UK everywhere, aren't they?
Speaker 4: The UK? Welcome.
Speaker 5: Look at hands over there. Passing gives me a gold.
Speaker 4: Here we go. Some Australian budget movies.
Speaker 5: Oh these would be good local humor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, great Australian film. Actually looking for eld brandy. Oh silver, it's actually very non obvious, reduced bigelow male jigglow.
Speaker 5: Silver, the little fiscals. Yeah silver, you guys are aren't very good.
Speaker 3: We gave you a giggle.
Speaker 4: Remember that great Frankie Munei's film agent Cody Banks.
Speaker 5: I did about great but do you remember it? Yeah, about twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: Agent Piggy Banks.
Speaker 5: Now that's gold. You can have gold for that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: That's my your time wasted today budget movie Jack, you're in to my theres Jurassic Backyard black cart. Prices are down down down silver. But on Juny Honey, I shrunk the budget silver five minutes at Bernie's Bronze west Side PORI silver it spleak, That isn't it. It's a darkhart to actually tango and coupons silver. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Pebble.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, gold because we're desperate for one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this isn't even a movie. It's a movie star Alpa Chipo's.
Speaker 4: Funny but not a movie.
Speaker 5: Bronze Gecko, Dundee Crocodile's too expensive, Gold, Alan Snake's on a plane, Gold Mark well dumb Edward now clipperhands because the cost of scissors these days. Silver plus Son you're putting a mojor at the end of that of the horror face Coffee at Tiffany's Gold Andrew, well done, fall less Gump Gold, that's very clever, Arena thrifty First Dates Silver, throw money from the train, Gold plus Kate Taylor, well done, Charlie in a chocolate shot. Not money for that factory you Me and Nobody. Bronze Tadpole, Dundee.
Speaker 4: Silver, Yeah, men.
Speaker 5: Who stare a budgets Bronze, Little Shop of Horrors, Tony with an eye walking Miss Daisy, Silver, Chitty Bang Gold, we brought a zoo becomes we brought a canoo Bronze. Yeah, Big W's House, said the Big Mummers.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 5: Dude, where's my rental cart?
Speaker 4: Gold?
Speaker 5: That's all page use eleven, all right? Who gets go class double pass for there once?
Speaker 4: Kate can have it for throwing money from the train.
Speaker 5: Kate can have it. That's his style. Cake can have it. Kate, you have it all right.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Live tomorrow in a small home in Dingley Village for our show on the road, The Kitchen O'Connell Show. There's a show in M kitchen.
Speaker 4: What am I gonna do?
Speaker 5: There's a band in M kitchen?
Speaker 4: What are they gonna do?
Speaker 5: Pseudo Wake that's gonna play.
Speaker 4: That's what they're gonna do.
Speaker 5: They might use my lou al right, So tomorrow's show from six till nine, we are on the road in the mighty awesome Hollywood of Victoria. That's right, I say Dingley, you say Village. So tomorrow six tonight. Monica, she's the winner, she said. We picked on Monday from all your thousands of entries and guests round to your home. She was silly Echo and to win a sixty thousand dollars kitchen makeup or thanks to Ian s So tomorrow's show to be good house guests. The lovely, warm, hospitable Monica is from Slovakia. I thought would be a very nice thing for us each to learn just one phrase a sentence in Slovakian to say tomorrow. This we've made the effort to learn about your country. Okay, so I've got twenty four hours to learn this. Thank you for having us. These dumplings are delicious.
Speaker 21: Jack quieme just chinas dos taalikisovinikyote.
Speaker 5: Monica said they're going to make us some traditional Slovakian dumplings. So I need to I need to get this off into eight four hours.
Speaker 21: Jaqquieme just chinas dos talisvinikyote.
Speaker 5: All right, they got a trampling. Jack's very excited about that. This is the Slovakian for Hello. My name is Jack. Can I please jump on your trampoline?
Speaker 21: Dobrigin vom sajack more gempo trampolino.
Speaker 5: You got lucky there, trampolino. This is what we all do in a foreign country, where you point to something and adding o added biro dos do do do spiros spiros. Thank you. Then the old thumber, if you can just point the trumpet trampolino and then and then do a little jumpy jump. Now, Patsy, this is your one. I am the news reader. I need to use your bathroom quickly.
Speaker 21: Some sprabodete.
Speaker 5: Cope, all right, all to tomorrow's show. We will see you. You can hear us live from Dingley Village
Speaker 1: The Christian Connel Show Podcast