Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more gold podcasts, playlists and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: HiT's a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day.
Speaker 2: Hey, pod Squad.
Speaker 1: My new book, Unscript, The Radical Actor Being Yourself is now actually out, which actually means you can buy online or in your good independent bookshops, and also the audiobook which is voiced by me, and also you can get the kindle as well. So please as you're reading it in the book you'll realize I've got my personal email in there. Please let me know how you get on with it as well. I hope you really enjoy it. If you want to find out more about what the book's about, there's a great podcast I did with an amazing woman called Sarah Grinberg's used to be a big producer for Hamish Nandy now has their own Mega Empire. The podcast is called the Life of Greatness. Please check it out Unscript The Radical Act of Being Yourself And now today's show enjoy.
Speaker 3: You are Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Rio, Good morning, Good morning, Patsy morning.
Speaker 1: Sometimes in life, something crazy, thurrill, barely believable will happen in our day to day lives, and suddenly you feel like your life has turned into a scene in a sitcom. I want to hear your real life moments where it suddenly felt like your real life was like a sitcom. This weekend, we had some friends to stay and they said, can we bring our dog?
Speaker 2: And we said, cool, she.
Speaker 1: Can bring a dog. We have a dog, we have a cat. Is a dog going to be okay with the cat? It was like, no, you have to keep them separated. Herein lies the story because fast forward to quite a big night with those friends. I was up before everybody else Sunday morning, and I forgot that their dog couldn't be together with our cat. Larry and their dog, big Red, is a big border Collie. Right, They are beautiful dogs with a great temperament. Until suddenly he saw Larry my cat. Now. They later said, no, Larry a very docile cat, very very docile. They later said that actually big Red doesn't normally go for cats. He would have thought, because Larry's a big ass can they would have that big.
Speaker 2: Red would have miss read.
Speaker 1: Larry scanned him and thought this is a wombo, which, to be.
Speaker 2: Fair, the same Bill.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we had some plumbers around last week and sudden Larry came to see what the commotion was in the kitchen and they went, oh my god, that is a big ass cat. And one of them started taking photos of Larry. Did you want to sell for with me? He took photos of Larry the cat.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he.
Speaker 2: Is a big old boy.
Speaker 1: So anyway back to Big Red suddenly been released from the utility room where he'd been kept overnight. He suddenly sees Larry goes for him. Seven the morning, Paul, Larry. Honestly, Pats, I've never seen a scene like this. He ran up the wall, up the door frame, so he shinning up, so he's now above me.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to move Big Red back into.
Speaker 1: The utility room. Shut the door, and then Larry. Cats make this noise when they're distresses. Got bus seven, Chris. You haven't let Big Red and Larry at the same time.
Speaker 5: But amazing that he could get up there. That that's I still.
Speaker 2: Got a scratch here, Larry. Larry not want to come down. He was up the wall, Larry up the wall. I didn't know the big guy had it in in strength.
Speaker 6: I've only seen that in cartoons, and.
Speaker 2: It literally was. His head was stood on it. Guzza.
Speaker 1: I was just can I just behold the scene for a moment that the dog was barking the cats. Anyone's getting up and they all know what's happened. It doesn't need any explainings over here. I'm just curious to see how much is he not like cats slash Wombats.
Speaker 2: Now we know, now we know.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, thet's too late to party. The home of all your brilliant emails.
Speaker 2: I love doing this. We've got some great ones. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Anything you hear us talking about the show, we love it when it comes back around. Nothing we ever talk about the show gets left behind. You can pick it up whenever you want. Christian, I was listening to the show That's Gone some Jazz a couple of weeks ago, and you were talking about what did to do with the ashes? And I remember the recent memory. I was lucky enough to visit many places in the world growing up thanks to my dad's job, and over the last few months since is passing, and I have been think about where to take some of his ashes, and we all going to a place called Charnia, which is in the Greek island of Crete.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful place. It's really nice.
Speaker 1: I think the monastery there was the monastery of Francis of Assi, oh so famous for having a Venetian harbor. Right anyway, Christian, I decided that I would sprinkle some of my dad in the harbor. There you go, it's beautiful by the lighthouse. I decided to make this trek at night because I didn't want to disturb people sprinkling somebody's ashes clambered down the rocks as far as I did, or at least some of Dad into the beautiful sea there. Afterwards, I thought to treat myself. I'd have a lobster meal, what daylight that you go, and finish round out the night a couple of glasses or some local gut rot wine and lost the old man would have wanted. We had so many those stories. This with the ashes and then surfing Tough sat outside a restaurant for thirty minutes, getting frustrated as to why the waiters were avoiding coming up to me.
Speaker 2: To take my order.
Speaker 1: The moment pas so I decided to retire to the bathroom nightcap took a seat at the table that Dad and I had actually sat several times, only to be accosted by one of the bar staff whispered to me to please not do cocaine in public and pointed at my face.
Speaker 2: Ah I went into the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Christian half of Dad, because there's at nighttime, have blown back into my face and nestled around my beard. It looked like Christian I've been hoovering up, not Dad, Colombian marching powder shanks, jazz.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, sir, don't be doing cocaine. It is not the Creatian way, and certainly not in a Venetian harbor overlooked by the former monastery of Francis of a CC.
Speaker 2: Shame on you, Australian. It's in bed.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's what happens with all those footy plays in the off season. They're just letting their dad go into the harbor.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna go and get with her dad in the bathroom. When didn't we talk about nudity every day?
Speaker 5: That was maybe me in the sauna.
Speaker 1: Ah I was such a big reaction to that. Oh yeah, the old sausage party. Christian the subject of nudity. This comes from Wade about ten years ago. I was staying at my girlfriend's house for Christmas Eve, and we had the house to ourselves, so we did as adults do and had a few too many drinks. I ended up falling asleep on the couch in my birthday soup count. When I woke up in the morning, a note had been left next to me that said I would be receiving pajamas for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Signed by my girlfriend's mother.
Speaker 1: She had arrived from interstate early, let herself in and saw everything.
Speaker 2: WHOA.
Speaker 1: I was snoring, drunk, unconscious and oblivious. I did get pgs for Christmas, mortified and embarrassed. Waite great story, as is this one from Amanda Christian. When we built our house, all the surrounding homes were single story until someone built a double story directly behind us. Soon after they moved in, they installed cameras facing straight into our backyard. We tried speaking to them to ask if they could adjust the cameras, but they never answered the door. So my partner came up with a rather unconventional plan. He started to spend time in the backyard completely naked, day after day.
Speaker 2: Christian. By day three, the cameras of immisterity moved.
Speaker 1: And the blinds on that upper level closed and have never been opened. Since we're talking about surnames, Christian, I think you'll get to laugh how this one. My surname is Peter. Sorry, my name is Peter. My surname is Lilik. When I sign my name, it spells pillock. I believe that that's a word that you Palms used to describe idiots.
Speaker 2: It is pillock. Christian, I'd like to know who handed out the surnames. He goes block capitals for this. When we bring this topic round again, let's now call it who handed out the surnames.
Speaker 1: Peter Elik aka Pellick. Thank you very much, Christian. You were talking on the show about what have you googled? I've been googling joe hatsu and it sparked my interest. The term joe hatsu literally means evaporation in Japanese, and it's used to describe people who deliberately disappear from their lives, leaving behind jobs, families, and identities without a trace. There are even companies in Japan that specialize in services to help people Jahatsu evaporate, including organizing transportation, accommodation, and off grid lives with illegal jobs. They come in the middle of night and help people evaporate under the cloak of darkness.
Speaker 2: Gosh, isn't that incredible?
Speaker 5: Sounds should be a Netflix documentary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you very much. And Troy, I googled what was the name of the one tree Hill town that the show was set out? Turns out it's called tree Hill. Turns out Christian, I don't care now. And then Chris Christian, I've been googling North Melbourne highlights because I missed a good time so much. What do you find some old black and white news frittage from the forties.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Now, we've had stories, incredible ones before. I always call this went out for milk came home with a kayak, because that's a story we had. You know, sometimes she actually just happens in real life where you go out just to get milk or some basic groceries and then you see something or something's on sell anything.
Speaker 2: Do you know what a bloody get that right now? That is a great deal. I'm making money, went out for.
Speaker 1: Milk, came back with the kayak. What's your verse of that story? This happened to you this week?
Speaker 2: Patch?
Speaker 4: Yes yesterday I went to Aldi for chicken phillots for dinner and came out with an egg cheer. We've been wanting one for ages and I just happened to come across it, and I thought, you know what, that's coming home.
Speaker 1: They're so comfortable pats. And trouble is, once you get in it, you don't want to get out of it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: I can just see myself with a cup of tea in a book every afternoon in the sun, and I have booked it up. But the funny thing is, because the box was rather big and very heavy, and I was on my own, I couldn't get it in the car myself. So I said to them, I'll pay for it, would you mind holding onto it and I'll send my husband back tonight to get it.
Speaker 7: So he thought.
Speaker 4: When I said Aldi, naturally he would think our closest Ali where we do most of our shopping. When I'd actually got it sort of in the next suburb, because I happened to be there yesterday and I.
Speaker 7: Didn't think to tell him. So I got this panic.
Speaker 1: You do a day's work and then you're going on some Aldi pub card to get a flip in twenty egg.
Speaker 4: Chairs, so bad, and he goes, where is this egg chair? I have been to three aldis the first one, and I was sure that I gave him the receipt and I thought that was okay. You know I had the store. Why would you know to check that? I was so silly. Anyway, the first Ali went to the extent of them checking their video to see if I was sole an egg chair that day because they had no egg good all I know?
Speaker 7: Right, So I felt really bad.
Speaker 2: Chaos.
Speaker 4: She would have just course, this was at eight o'clock last night.
Speaker 7: So anyway, he came home.
Speaker 1: Age at night search it for the Holy grill, the egg chef from Aldi.
Speaker 7: He's a keeper.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: These are incredible, these stories.
Speaker 1: We'll talking about that thing where you go out to get some basic and you come back with something not basic, like this one.
Speaker 2: Deborah.
Speaker 1: Christ we went out to buy a computer, came home with a ten seater spa and no computer.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Christian had a king and Queen seat. What's a king in queens throne? Yes, I want one Disco lights and it built in.
Speaker 5: Eski better than a computer.
Speaker 2: What more could you want? Debra, thank you very much for that one. Christian.
Speaker 1: I went out for Christmas lights, came home with a kitten. Christian went to Harvey Normans, but just buy some headphones and then I buying a twelve thousand dollars barbecue. You're right, Christian, it was. It's the offer of the cell.
Speaker 2: It was reduced from nineteen thousand.
Speaker 5: You got to get twelve thousand.
Speaker 1: Liz, Christian, we went out to look at the possibility of doing house extensions. Came back within you house, all the bricks. There's lots of load up in a car. It's one thing trying to get the egg chair in Patsy's car and it's high house, the roof, the bricks. Liz, thank you very much. That all right, let's get some stories on air now. Jenny, welcome to the showd Morning.
Speaker 2: How are you? I'm good? So what did you go out for? What did you come back with?
Speaker 8: Went out for a few groceries, came back with a labrador.
Speaker 2: How do you do that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 8: It was cue.
Speaker 1: Yes, there you go. End of story. Perfect answer. You're quite right, were they wasn't mean.
Speaker 8: I was in the shopping center in the days where they still had pet shops. Yes, and it was with one little puppy. All the other puppies were jumping around saying bye me, by me, and this one little one was sitting in the corner say I'm depressed. So I took him home. And the sad thing was, I fell in love with him. But the minute he met my daughter.
Speaker 9: He was her dog.
Speaker 2: They're just such gorgeous dogs, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Laboratory He was.
Speaker 10: A beautiful boy.
Speaker 8: Loved him to death.
Speaker 2: What color in my mind, he's one of those sandy colored ones.
Speaker 8: No, he's black.
Speaker 2: Ah right, lovely story to look forward to.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Rory the Wonder Dog.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what a great for a dog, Rory the Wonder Dog.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a kid's TV show.
Speaker 9: Well he was.
Speaker 8: He was really gorgeous. He was the best dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: And you're right those old school pet shops, yeah, they're not different times. When was that moment where suddenly they weren't allowed to just sell everything from tortoises to hamsters to guinea piza dogs to cats to fish.
Speaker 2: All in one small shop.
Speaker 5: That was the best part of going there.
Speaker 6: When you went to say Westfield with Mommy.
Speaker 2: As a kid.
Speaker 1: Every Saturday you go run around the pet shop. Yeah, it was always run by the grumpiest people.
Speaker 2: As well, because I knew you went. There's no way you're buying a guinea pig, hamster, tropical col fish. You're right, that was always a parrot. Ye, how we got here, Amanda?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Amanda, Mandy Moore you there, Hello, Amanda.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show. Amanda. What's your story?
Speaker 11: Good morning, Mine's kind of related.
Speaker 8: I guess I went out for.
Speaker 11: A girl's night and ended up in Cuba for a week and brought back souvenirs for the family.
Speaker 2: You went out on a girl's night and ended up in Cuba.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Where did the start?
Speaker 5: What city did the night outstart?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: That's epic a Yeah, so it was in a yellow Knife, Canada. So it's in the Arctic of Canada. And yeah, so we kind of went from it's still quite a hike though, and no plane sly and the it's isolated, like look up yellow Knife and stuff in the world.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So yeah, and then I called my partner at the time in the morning because I had a child and so did my friend and we ended up and then you know, we're there.
Speaker 9: We might as well stip I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: Do the school and you're gonna need to cover me forgot loads of in Cuba another one of my bends.
Speaker 2: Great, look it up, look it up.
Speaker 5: I don't understand it has happened. I was scared to ask how did you end up in Cuba though?
Speaker 2: Were you drinking?
Speaker 8: Drink?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so we had some drinks.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: It was the early two thousand.
Speaker 2: And so I went out in London and woke up in Paris. Pick it up.
Speaker 9: I mean, it happens.
Speaker 2: We're not judge, No, no, not at all.
Speaker 11: I think I was just over it and I needed a holiday and yeah, she just said.
Speaker 8: Well let's leave.
Speaker 2: Therman Louise. All right, Amanda, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: You called.
Speaker 2: No, he's hav a great day and you thanks live while then.
Speaker 1: Mia, good morning, Mia, good morning, good morning. Welcomes to show Mia. So you went out for milk. What did you come back with?
Speaker 9: It's not me.
Speaker 10: It was my dad and he was infamous for going up some milk and coming back with different types of things. But the most expensive bottle of milk he ever bought was when he left the home at quarter past nine and came home had half plus ten with a brand new half for my mother.
Speaker 2: I wish my dad did that brown new house for mother. Ye house. Wow?
Speaker 7: Yeah, And at night he's buying a house that late at night.
Speaker 10: The morning coffee was doing.
Speaker 2: So were you even in the pocket for buying a house?
Speaker 11: No? No? What is?
Speaker 10: He was driving he saw a mate walking on the road. He pulled over. Coincidentally there was an open house there. He got sucked in to walk through the open house, made an offer on the spots, signed paperwork, and by the time he got home he had bought a house.
Speaker 2: It's not not he could ad mind this guy's productivities.
Speaker 3: In by eleven, The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We want to build a classic eighties and nineties school, perhatsy.
Speaker 2: What has to go in?
Speaker 4: Well, we had You won't believe this, but we had an incinerator at our school. But not only did we have an incinerator, we had an incinerator monitor or two kids. I'm not talking high school either, I'm talking at primary school. This incinerator was a rusted.
Speaker 1: Old kids under the age of eleven, absolutely charge of your furness.
Speaker 2: Absolutely what a country. It would burn all.
Speaker 7: Winter, not in the summer obviously, but all winter, and there would be two kids. It was the most coveted position.
Speaker 1: It was two kids, two personal jobs. Seriously, they still be property. Well not mad, but young children.
Speaker 5: Will Patty, forgive my ignorance. What goes in the incinerator? Everything?
Speaker 2: We had an incinerator as well.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, they used to you know everything stuff that plastic tie is no really bad.
Speaker 2: It was there's massive hole in it's school.
Speaker 4: Single handedly but there'd be two kids that would be nominated most coveted position.
Speaker 7: In the playground.
Speaker 5: How do you get the gig of when you take turns?
Speaker 7: You'd have to take turns, but the teacher, the principal would give you a box.
Speaker 4: Of matches and so he'd be taking class totally different times and it would be the monitor's job once once day through the school.
Speaker 7: Like not with an adult there.
Speaker 1: That thing was going content because obviously in the UK you have already long cold winters. So the way that they would eat the school, that was just burning everything. I remember, like once a month would say, listen, if your parents only get rid of anything, tell them to drop it off tomorrow. Armchair, did you see the care taken like your pe teacher lugging and I'm not like a sofa? And then I saw that two teachers sawing a sofa up once in the three Bits, chucking it into his.
Speaker 7: Beach different time.
Speaker 5: But what about quality, however.
Speaker 2: Was notation? That's a fair question that was not asked back in the eighties.
Speaker 4: But it would be their responsibility to make sure that the fire didn't go out, so you'd see it, see them, they're you know, stoking.
Speaker 2: It through the It was god. Everyone had to worship the incinerator, even the phrase incinerator.
Speaker 7: But where it was as well, it wasn't like tucked away.
Speaker 2: The ours opened onto the plate because.
Speaker 7: Right next to the sand piece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would open up and everyone would go you see fire behind a metallic grill is a fire god.
Speaker 7: And everything went in there and all were just stand around.
Speaker 2: And watch it.
Speaker 1: I even think a couple of bad kids went in there sometimes as well. You know this kids, you're know whatever happened to Dave.
Speaker 5: I don't believe they gave kids boxes of.
Speaker 1: Matchup and let them are the sizes thing Patsy was huge, wasn't it. It was giant metallic.
Speaker 7: Doors, dumpster.
Speaker 3: It is huge.
Speaker 2: It was like so it was people's job to constantly feed the fire.
Speaker 5: You can't.
Speaker 2: Thing We didn't help from your mums and nerds anything. Any car. They're getting rid of the car. We're trying. Saw the car in home. Swear I'm not making this up.
Speaker 1: Once a bed got dropped off and again teachers sawed it into like three pieces and fed it to the incinerator.
Speaker 5: The takers have better things to do than soaring.
Speaker 2: Never thought about that too, busy worrying about bees knees.
Speaker 11: We have.
Speaker 2: One more thing that was in every single school.
Speaker 1: There's actually a method of correction and punishment was the classic chalk duster. Well, I remember if you were If you were bad, we were made to stand on a chair. And mister Wilson, who I actually think hated children. He's in the war and clearly was suffering from some kind of parfect part of them was still out in the Germans.
Speaker 2: He would make us stand on a chair, right, and he would throw a wooden duster at you. If you flinched, you'd have to stay up there. Until you didn't flinch and he hit you with a wooden chalk duster.
Speaker 1: Crazy, no, crazy, This was a Catholic primary school and eyes of God.
Speaker 2: This fell into the incinerator. I take that dust to mister Wilson.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, so we're going to try and build an eighties or nineties school. Eighties and ninety school, we can try and build one. So far now we got the incinerator manned by children. Also, if you're going to build a an eighties and nineties school, you need lou roll that is so thin you could use it as tracing paper. And are how cheap and thin it was and rough like, yeah, you're right, sandy exterior.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the other thing as well. We had in the classroom. You had one of those pencil sharpness Oh yeah, yes, we could feed you know, Feja Penson. We had to ask the teacher if you could get up because it was a real time killer because you would take your time dawdling up to it with you could easily waste out trusting me about five minutes then O'Connor, it doesn't take that long walk up here.
Speaker 7: A favorite during maths class, don't you think?
Speaker 2: And I was just blunting the pencil. It's gone against, it's gone against. Okay, this don't be quicker. Run.
Speaker 6: We used to have one that had yes job, it would like chopping.
Speaker 2: Always look like a cat's backside.
Speaker 7: Yes it does.
Speaker 1: Anyway, a lot a time date dreaming at school. What else has to go on our eighties and nineties school.
Speaker 6: I actually reckoned this stuff was like a gateway drug. Those scratch and sniff stickers was the holy grail of something you could get from the teacher.
Speaker 2: Yes, what a great thing in the nineties.
Speaker 6: Brilliant if you if you you know, did your homework, will or something you know, Missus Collins would come on the strawb and then you scratch.
Speaker 7: It and I bet you got a lot to double degree.
Speaker 2: Whole monitor prefect.
Speaker 5: I was ding on them by the air.
Speaker 2: Can you still buy scratch and sniff stickers?
Speaker 7: No, they don't.
Speaker 4: They don't even get We used to get the red smiley face that the stamp. I've never seen any of her work with well done or good try.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he do. I want to know, can you still buy scratch and sniff stickers?
Speaker 1: Ask the word of you love God, your husband, because would sell them because I tell you what I'd like to get some. And then when you do good breaks, I'll give you a smiley face, a scratch and sift snicker. You get a little bus. I reward children, you reward the behavior you want. Okay, that's how we're going to dominate scratch and sniffs.
Speaker 5: Stick that's going to be instead of pay scratch and sniffs.
Speaker 1: Also, I want to know how long there's a scratch and sniff sticker retain its potency?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 1: Has anyone got one from the nineties that still smells of strawberry?
Speaker 5: Now you know, I'll ask my Mark. I've still got a lot of my school textbook could stuff? Yeah, I'll hate you.
Speaker 2: Please, please, please please.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: We're trying to build an eighties and nineties score. What needs to be there, and we're talking about scratch and sniff stickers. Remember the rubbers is to get those smelly rubbers, well scented rubbers. And I want to know, actually how long they hang on to their potency the smell? How long do they retain it? For Christian, the school has to have a commodore sixty four, just one for the entire school to share.
Speaker 2: Reject shop, Christian. I'm a teacher.
Speaker 1: They still sell the stick scratch and sniff stickersat I've.
Speaker 2: Actually just ordered a pack of thirty six sheets.
Speaker 1: The scratch and sniff stickers, so show get ready to be rewarded. Christian two pounds for a pack of fifty from the reject shop eighty. School has to the HP overhead projector.
Speaker 2: Christian.
Speaker 1: I still have a scratch and sniff sticker from the from twenty seventeen. It still smells like a banana.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 1: Aeron O'Connor, thank you very much. Brody here to answer your questions re scratch and sniff stickers to retain the smell. I've got a bunch Christian unews one from two thousand and seven. I just went and found them and had a sniff. They still work. If you've got a spare one, send them to me.
Speaker 2: Christian.
Speaker 1: I've got one from twenty sixteen. Steel smells Christian are trolley on wheels at the school with a Rancor Arena TV on top, a VCR player that's from Vince Christian eighty. Every eighties and nineties school needs a walking sorry a water drinking trough with only one of the five taps working properly.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the drink fountain?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they just shot straight, so it's really hard to get your mouth in here.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right, Christian.
Speaker 1: What about the bag of sawdust when pupil threw up in the school yard the caretaker would come along cover up the vomit with the You're right, but it was a bucket of sand as well to put over kids that are chundered, Christian. They should retain their smell for years, depending on how much you scratch it. I excuse me, sir, I still have some. They're over ten years old and you can smell them.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mary Anne, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Hi Christian, Hi guys. Hello, I've still got my stickers from the eighties.
Speaker 2: You are kid. They still smell, They still smell wow, forty odd years later.
Speaker 9: Yes, all these you on my old primary school stuff in my suitcase. Oh, bive, I still smell.
Speaker 11: Eight year old daughter gets some at school now.
Speaker 2: Oh great, Mary Anne, thanks you giving us a call and showing that have a good day.
Speaker 9: Thanks Christian, Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Veronica, Good morning, Veronica, Good morning, Christian, and game morning, Veronica. Okay, what needs to be on our eighties and nineties school?
Speaker 2: What do you reckon?
Speaker 6: So it has to be just.
Speaker 8: Really oh with blueberry black with blackbree.
Speaker 9: Orange lemons.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, great one, Veronica, Thank you very much. Cool, I have a good day. Kristin, welcome to the show. Hello, Hey, Kristin, So what needs to be in our eighties and nineties school?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 8: At my eighties school, I had a guillotine.
Speaker 2: Yes, slicing up the card and paper in the Oh my god? Yes? Was it not like a guillotine that you would see you know?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: No not someone would be dealt with it. No, this is your paper and card a desktop one.
Speaker 5: It's still really sharp.
Speaker 1: Yes, you could either slide it from left to right, or you had one that was like a slice of the old one that having a butcher for slicing up.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, Why are kids to learn to use this? I don't know?
Speaker 1: Again again with the incinerator. That's a great one, Kristen, thank you very much, thanks to go on the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: David.
Speaker 1: David, Hello, David, welcome to the show. So what needs to be in our eighties and nineties school?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 9: Now I remember this from early eighties primary school pats you might remember this. There was a hand crank photo copier and it was like purple yes and the smell would be like chemically but it was really good, everybody.
Speaker 2: I used to love the smell of it. I used to love that and it would be wet when it came out of it. Urs was called the ban Dung machine or something.
Speaker 7: And it was almost like fluorescent pink, right, yeah, purple, like purple yes. And it did put metho in. It wasn't the smell, yes, it was yeah.
Speaker 2: That's.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 1: That's how we got kids back in the day. There was no TikTok for us. We with snipping paper.
Speaker 2: You won't there, man. It was great, David, that's a great one. Thank you very much. You called buddy. Have a good days.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: That's his husband, Chris, the wear of We Love God has struck again. He's taken out another chair.
Speaker 7: Number five.
Speaker 2: This is Mumbo number five.
Speaker 7: Number five chair yesterday a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of Chris's backside. So what happened this time? Where was the poor chair?
Speaker 7: Went to the family GP yesterday for his annual checkup?
Speaker 2: How he's not wiping out a chair reception. See he is a good start to check out, check up.
Speaker 4: Over, and the girls in reception listened to the show Sorry about the chair. So he's leant onto the arm rest and heard a very loud crack. He said, I kind of gave like a cough to try and cover it up because I could feel it going under my arm. And I said you didn't, he said, I did. So that's five chairs. Number one was Lapel Kidder. Number two was Joseph's restaurant at the Mansion.
Speaker 2: It's actually like a tornado. It is his backside. He's a trader destrunction. Yes.
Speaker 7: Number three was the Big Four at Queen's click pol pool.
Speaker 1: Deck, the plus David lap Poor Shatter Always and then the Big Four and.
Speaker 4: Very recently, just a few weeks ago, Jet Stuff flight to Sydney actually pulled the arm wrest off the chair, last seat on the left side. And now we have claimed another scalp this time. And I don't know if we can go to our beloved family GP anymore after going there for like fifteen years, after doing.
Speaker 2: Just listen, can had a conda get them?
Speaker 7: A camping chair is not a bad idea.
Speaker 2: You know what, Chris should just turn up with his own chair at various places.
Speaker 7: Yes, b yo, my part had one of those. That's what he needs, a b yo chair.
Speaker 5: Does he sit down particularly aggressively or like, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Is the strong man he is?
Speaker 11: He? No?
Speaker 2: No, those are glutes of steel.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, no, no, no, seriously, all right, So we want to know what is your nemesis in life? We all have nemesis. Chris is obviously Christmas chair. For me, it's sunglasses.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: Two weeks ago I was saying how I accidentally left a pair of sunglasses my daughter's got for me and in the back of an Ubert and then uba driver found them and he gave them to me. I had them for three days. They've disappeared again. It's never a long term relationship. I think it's because sunglasses to me, growing up in the UK, don't forget, were a once a year thing when you went on a family holiday for a week.
Speaker 2: There was no need for them. With gray weather right.
Speaker 1: Me walking into traffic, I didn't need gray tinted out. So it's only when he went to euro up on holiday you bought your sunglasses, so they were never part of my life other than for the other fifty one weeks.
Speaker 2: He didn't need them come here. And there's some part of my DNA that doesn't say, hey, look for those sunglasses. Yeah they are, they know they're at forty five. It has not been part of my existence.
Speaker 5: Do you know where you've left them?
Speaker 2: No idea?
Speaker 6: Oh no, Christians, I know special sunnis as well. No, I know, well, mine's umbrellas. I absolutely burned through those everywhere I go because you never have them, No, and then you forget that you have it, and then you leave it on the market.
Speaker 1: Anything with merry sunglasses year you don't think it's part of your day to day? Yes, exactly, Yeah, all right, what is your as a grown up? What is your nemesis? Give us a call? Thirteen fifty five twenty two. Christ You of my nemesis is a garage store in my apartment complex. Another one go up with the button and I sit there for five a second idiot, or I take the wrong turn trying to get out. It doesn't detect me, and I try have to back in and go again. Then I check my phone while I wait. It's so embarrassing, Christian, my nemesis track pants. Have to regularly buy them because I always get the rope stuck on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yeah. God, somebody invents something to stop it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some kind of handbrake the kicks in when you ran too much, a stopper, an emergency valve or something.
Speaker 2: Christ of my nemesis is folding watching. Oh, I'm with you. I do not get the physics behind it. I never will, Christian.
Speaker 1: I thought, turning forty I would have clocked this, but it remains undefeated me. You've made your nemesis in life. They're always there, some Ryan, Christian. I just talking about sunglasses in the UK. My daughter is on holiday traveling around the UK now for the first time. She's trying to buy some sunglasses. She can't find anyway. It's winter time. They're all put away until next year when we get a two day summer if we're lucky, she said, Christian. She's been vlogging about it on Instagram. She can't find any anywhere whereas there everywhere in Australia. You're right, servo stations chemist, Ye, but they needed here get away from you.
Speaker 2: She didn't.
Speaker 1: She didn't arrive in the country with him. You ain't finding sunglasses during the winter.
Speaker 3: In the UK The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Monday Morning at dight, we do something called the Misheard Lyrics. You send them in, we pay them back if we agree. You'll hear this if we don't hear what you think you're hearing. And for the really great ones Hall of Fame, let's get into this week's Hall of Fame and others in the Misshod lyrics, it's just know the.
Speaker 2: Miss Herdman day. Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics, all right.
Speaker 1: Last week he called her famous on the miss her Lyrics. We had this from Stephen the other side, Jason Derrillo. If you walk down this road, we'll be lamous for sure.
Speaker 2: Paul had this one. What a wonderful world, bright, blessed days and the dogs say good night, right, blessed red dark sad night.
Speaker 1: All right, So brand new one. Stephen Wearing's got an R E M song man on the moon?
Speaker 2: Andy?
Speaker 1: Are you goofing on Elvis Hey baby? Or is it according to Stephen's ears? Andy, are you goofing on Elm Street?
Speaker 2: Baby? Any I hear that's Stephen? Well done?
Speaker 1: Mandy has been this in to Cusi quatro forty eight crash forty eight crash?
Speaker 2: What's more? Forty eight crash? Or is it Bonnie eight grass? Bonnie eight Grass? That's there?
Speaker 1: Yes, Maddy, thank you. Clayton's got this one, Clayton Sean, thank you for your entry train. Hey, sol sister, your lipstick stains stick?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 2: Actually does it stink?
Speaker 3: Live stick?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Zah still live stick.
Speaker 2: Clayton and I love that one. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Jess has been listening to a hero on Riqune Gladias. Would you tremble if I touched your lips?
Speaker 2: Would you tremble if I touched your lips?
Speaker 1: Or does the great heartthrob? Love a dribbler? My job is the really eat these out? Would you dribble? Would you dribble if I touched your lips? Very different, very different song?
Speaker 2: Would you tremor?
Speaker 8: Is it there?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Would you tremble?
Speaker 2: It's now a laughable song? Did this that one? You got? Man? Have them come on in? Jess Hall of Favor? Would you dribble?
Speaker 5: Would you tremble?
Speaker 2: If I touch? That's not my fare? Thank you? Quincy's got this sugar.
Speaker 1: We're going down for that boy, don't mind me I'm watching YouTube from the closet, watching.
Speaker 2: Scenario. What are you watching?
Speaker 5: They could be reading a book?
Speaker 2: Well what about this?
Speaker 1: Or is he saying, tell mommy, I'm watching YouTube from the closet.
Speaker 2: It's it's nicer, isn't it? You know an episode of Blue in there? What's a piece? And quiet? That is beat for me?
Speaker 1: What you said, Quincy, tell mommy, I'm watching YouTube from the closet for that boy.
Speaker 2: There's actually no doubt.
Speaker 1: I now can't hear the original line, don't mind me, I'm watching you two from the closet.
Speaker 2: It was gone brilliant one on Quincy great name as well. This came into the.
Speaker 1: Last ten minutes lega fantasy Mariah Carey, sweet sweet fantasy baby or we've all seen one of someone seen a menacing baby, a sweet sweet menacing baby.
Speaker 2: Baby and Derek? How can we be lovers? Michael Wolon? How can we be lover us if we can't even lovers?
Speaker 5: We can't?
Speaker 1: Or is it?
Speaker 2: How can we be lover us if we can't beat France?
Speaker 4: We can't?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's that it is again? How can we be lover us if we can't beat France?
Speaker 6: We can't?
Speaker 2: Who knew he was a soccer coach.
Speaker 1: He goes in there and give us a rival country a pep talk sings it to them.
Speaker 4: We can't.
Speaker 2: Brennant ones this week.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, very want to taste the time to email we and we always great.
Speaker 2: We get these twenty four hours a day. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Keeping the misshurder it's going its our longest running feature. Thanks to you guys. Thank you as always when you miss here them whatever they are, dribbling or not.
Speaker 5: Would you tremble.
Speaker 2: If I touch you? Leaps and trying to beat the French.
Speaker 6: We can't.
Speaker 1: Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, I had to go to the most terrifying place on earth, the op shops. I had a hole, but no the ones around my way, Patsy, they are fearsome volunteers. I had a card boot, second one in the last seven days of stuff, and my wife had stitched me up. I just picked it all up. She said, can you take this to the talvos? There was just six badminton rackets a game. I've never known any of us play.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how we got sixyx mint condition badminton rackets, a game I've never played since he moved here. The kids haven't, and my wife has that. How have we got badminton rackets? Six of them?
Speaker 1: And there was just loads of other just a lot of stuff. A pair of mint condition crutches as well. The old timing there manning it. Eyes that are oh my god, catn it those about the customers. And then you know those big long sort of pasta jars. Oh yeah, we got so many, you have way too many. My wife hald just dumped a load of those and forgotten to empty them, so some chuck it in the bin.
Speaker 2: One of them has got loads of pastoring. One of them is filled up with flower that just opened up into the bin. And then then he goes, whoas flower?
Speaker 1: I was like a chemical agent, I agree, And I was just like goddamn wife, And they asked very stern.
Speaker 2: I was so nervous. I was approaching dropped from there, Patsy, How was your your day yesterday? What did you get up to?
Speaker 7: I was humiliated yesterday. I do have rather no stye on my eye.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we've all seen it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, excuse me anyway.
Speaker 2: I pink.
Speaker 7: Kite, so do not called it.
Speaker 2: I came asmall and they were like pink stin pants, stinky pants, Grow up, guys.
Speaker 4: I had to get some antibodic ointment at the chemist that the doctor had prescribed me. Anyway, I got it filled yesterday and the assistant came back, and I wasn't clear because the stye is kind of on the bottom lip but inside.
Speaker 7: I wasn't sure if I.
Speaker 4: Could actually like pull the eye down, put how to apply and basically, and so I said, oh, can I put this?
Speaker 7: Should I put this right around the eye? Where should I put it? It's not on the instructions.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you wouldn't put it right around the eye.
Speaker 7: But this is the thing because the stye is on the inch.
Speaker 2: Three inches under the eye.
Speaker 4: Down, so I can't fins apply it to the sky. But this is it because it's on the inside. So I wasn't clear exactly where to put it.
Speaker 2: Like it's all mean, I think you could.
Speaker 1: Take a random yess madam that it's going to be applied to the wound or thing. Anyway, So these tablets you get me, I swallowed them.
Speaker 4: No, they're annointment, they're annoytment. It's annointment, a little tube of ointment, and I didn't know how to use it, and the assistant thought that she would just like yell out across the pharmacy.
Speaker 2: Hey, David, Oh yeah, why do they do that?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, this woman with the big.
Speaker 5: Sty on her eye.
Speaker 7: I'm just standing here. I'm thinking, I'm standing here, everyone's looking at.
Speaker 2: Me, and you are a local celebrity there had But she's like, yeah.
Speaker 4: The woman with the start, Yeah, yeah, the stye on the yep, that big style.
Speaker 2: Old Lisa left di Lopez here.
Speaker 7: Where do you wanted to put it? Yeah, it's a big one.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 7: I'm thinking, oh my lord, seriously.
Speaker 2: We got any jousting sticks.
Speaker 3: Christian Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning's to Christian O'Connell's show. All right, let's get it on today.
Speaker 1: Farming Songs is a time waster and shout out so all the hard working farmers. I mean that, actually that listen to the show. My brother in lawso dairy farmer, got eleven hundred cows, works twenty four seven virtually seven days a week. It is insane renumber Once on Christmas Day, we're just about to sit down to Christmas Day lunch, and then he gets a phone call and two hundred cows is broken out.
Speaker 2: Oh no, this was I like a normal thing. So I had to go and help him round up house. Sorry, get out of there.
Speaker 1: DJ slash Jerry farmer here bye, here by here my high No see.
Speaker 5: How'd you go get him back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, every single one of them. We never leave a freezer behind.
Speaker 5: You always say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah you got it, my friend. Oh yeah, all those heifers were back all right.
Speaker 1: Today we're looking for your farming songs. What are the farmers listening to?
Speaker 2: Hey bell Jude, No bronze solid, rolling in the sheep, silver bless Sir. Tina Turner was a very proud farmer. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: And if you won't look around there it was. It was spotless, that's right. She had a proud dairy Springsteen. He's got a barn, that's right, barn in the USA. Any good farmer, you know how the and a harvest you need that combine harvest. Since you combine gone, we're going.
Speaker 4: To go.
Speaker 2: Lucky to get any kind of metallic for that one. And this is plow we do it, plow, we do it. This is powe do it? You got it? All right? Rio? What have you got Hang on a minute, let me just play a farming song my brother law. It goes off when him and his farming.
Speaker 1: Makes crank up this band, No one has the Worsls, an actual band that's set out what set out on tour?
Speaker 2: Oh they always do two drunken farmers, the Worzels. This is their biggest hit. I've got a brand new combine harvest. If you're a farmer, you love this, get out of it. It's brilliant. I've got a brand new and Comelina Horiston and I'll give you the key. But irritating.
Speaker 1: No, it's not farmers are They're losing it right now so they're doing a moss bit. They're pitchforks, Bria, What have you got farming songs? Your bloody city slicker? Come on, stiff neck, purple maize?
Speaker 2: What can you judge me? Do you judge it out? Purple maize is rubbish? You judge me in the trough?
Speaker 5: Yeah, manure in the mirror. And finally, already are you are tying it?
Speaker 2: Stumps? You want a hoe?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 2: That's that is good? Well done? Okay, gold for that.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell shot Podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Time. Where are they farmer songs? You ready to mark?
Speaker 5: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: Crops of Jupiter silver. That's very good, actually well done from Jess. Also we've got crop the pilots. I like that plowbers are dinging plow to make gravy silver. That's not the end of the plower ones. I want to plow the queens. I love a long way to the crop. Yes, crop, Suey sister for the down wheat built this city silver plus Michael Bolton, How can I milk your odders if.
Speaker 2: We can't be friends?
Speaker 1: A good lane? Look at yourself, Hell's belles but naming on the grain Milli Vanilli Bohemian rhaps with dairy a sheep sharing singing barn.
Speaker 2: On the heel. Okay, who's the besting show? Today? Crops was great, crop sewey weldome ad and we are back tomorrow. We have a great day. Thank you very much for joining us.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show go On Podcast