Speaker 1: It's a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Well wow, wow, the smell at the expensive Chanel perfume can mean only one thing. The Queen, the Queen of Breakfast Radio is back. Welcome back, Patty.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone. I'm so thrilled to be back. I've missed you enormously.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen it was it been three weeks?
Speaker 3: Three weeks?
Speaker 2: And how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm great, I'm feeling really good. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You look glowing. I mean I didn't know. I guess medicine moves on, doesn't it what they can do now? You don't know when someone's had a lobotomy. I didn't have to say. You couldn't tell that she's had brain work done. So I hope it works out. We're seeing the next hour if it has changed you all to you like you were hoping. But it's amazing. You can't tell.
Speaker 3: I thought you were insinuating I'd had a nip and tuck in there.
Speaker 2: No, no, not at all. But so what we've missed you so but and you arrested every unit. You're better now.
Speaker 3: I am better now. Yes, I had to have a I've got endometriosis, which is a condition that affects about ten percent of Australian women and it's where tissue grows outside of the lady bits. And so I had to get that dealt with finally after many, many years. So I'm feeling I'm feeling really good. Yes, I'm glad it's done.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Patsy, it works lovely having you back in the two weeks that you've missed from us. So much has changed. Well have you seen young Jack's hair? First of all, this now has a monets?
Speaker 3: I know, you know what I didn't. I didn't like it at first, Jack, but it makes you look younger, thank you, Patsy.
Speaker 2: It looks rougher, it looks tough, for I like it. It still looks good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a bit dusty, dusty.
Speaker 4: The only thing you said, pats this morning was this is what happens when I'm not here.
Speaker 2: Yes, right has been. It has been a chaotic two weeks actually, And you know what Jack and Crawford doing time that is capturing the atmosphere of the mcg into world. So we've got the air compressor. Yeah, we've got the air compressor. We're sucking in the atmosphere. The mcg into an air compressor air compressed it into a sharing We've got a wizard as well, so it's a proper one. Then that is going up to the Gabba. Yep, that is all happening today. It should be in the gab. Then on Thursday show we're going to be releasing the air from the show and into the Gabba two days before the Grand Finals, capturing the g This.
Speaker 1: Morning the Christian O'Connell show podcast, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning two Marie. She's sending a message saying, lovely if how Pats back on the show, And she also sounds like she's shaved ten years off her voice. That's because she's not been yelling at me or Jack for the last two weeks. That would change and then in an hour's time that voice will have been wrecked.
Speaker 3: And Ruineman's wife, what did you do?
Speaker 2: Because obviously so hard for you, you run your household? What have you done for two or three weeks? Off your feet? Love?
Speaker 3: If God's been doing it?
Speaker 2: And new regime, Oh.
Speaker 3: He's been like a drill sergeant. Yeah, you should see the house is cleaned out, every single cupboard. He's got a new system in place. He reckons so much better than my system are.
Speaker 2: You happy with the new overlord or has there been some tension between you both.
Speaker 3: Well, it's been a bit of tension because he reckons he can do it better. But you know, I said, well, if you think he can do it better, how about you do all of the washing and everything.
Speaker 2: Were you watching any TV shows or Netflix? Well?
Speaker 3: You know what just finished Ratchet on Netflix?
Speaker 2: Is that good?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 3: Loved it, loved it. Judy Davis, Australian in it Sharon Stone, directed by Michael Douglas, absolutely loved it a bit.
Speaker 2: So this is obviously Nurse Ratchet's at the spin off of Cookoo's Nest.
Speaker 3: One flew Over the Cookies Nest. Yes, it's the prequel how Nurse Ratchard became the way she was. But I tell you what, you'll think differently about her when you see it.
Speaker 2: I got me honest, I haven't already had a strong opinion on her in the last twenty or thirty years. I saw the movie, but I just time I appreciate what happened before.
Speaker 4: She was like now along with all that, it's a five year old everyone's got a story and that's pretty quite.
Speaker 2: I want to see Junior Hannibal Lector. I know they made it, but but what was he like at play school and at high school?
Speaker 4: Like young Sheldon.
Speaker 3: You don't like in the book. We did the book It's.
Speaker 2: Hamster down Young Animal.
Speaker 3: Significant loved wretching, absolutely loved it.
Speaker 4: Hamster is a gateway animals how.
Speaker 2: They get started. So Dad Andrew's news yesterday. There needs to be an agreement, doesn't there where he just comes out at the same time for those conferences because we're all texting each other, won't me and I will show what'sapp good going? What time is today? We don't know? Some are saying it's twelve If someone said around one, you can't have an important thing of that around anything. It needs to be precise. And suddenly it was eleven o'clock. And then I always think before he says a word, you know what mood it's going to be. Because of whether he's wearing north face or a suit. You think, God, if he's in the suit, it's normally strong news. So there needs to be a standard time And what is he doing behind the scenes other than they really made their decision? And then do you guys get lots of people texting you going the day or two before going lesson. We've heard a rumor he's going to be doing this. You can get a manicure, you know, it's always this small stuff. It's going to be the manicure. They're open.
Speaker 3: I'm thrilled about the hairdressers. I have to say.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people are, aren't they That whilst you were away, Patsy, we gave away eighteen appointments.
Speaker 3: I know, I saw. That's brilliant. I love that.
Speaker 2: One of the most popular giveaways we've ever done. Seriously, the phones were melting down. Just to have a simple haircut short back in size was like the prize of the year, move over the Golden Ticket. People just wanted a haircut. The thing is, though, on my local hairdressers, they emailed us yesterdays saying please don't call in tomorrow. We won't be to deal with the volume. Of course, just email us. It's going to be nuts today.
Speaker 4: Pulling your phone off the hook. Tried to get hers yesterday. I said no, like we've been doing it on the show for two weeks. Know when you get into a hands for the next month.
Speaker 2: No, there's no way.
Speaker 3: I'm in Wednesday, I'm going.
Speaker 2: Have you put them? Have you booked. Now the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: Have actually I've booked up to Christmas.
Speaker 2: You've booked I did.
Speaker 3: How is that I did three tentative appointments depending on.
Speaker 2: Three tentatives I did. It was tentative a haircut, and it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Depending on when he lifted the restriction. So Pino, my hairdressers said, look, let's do three alters.
Speaker 2: Wait to have the mention of Pino backs second mention of Pino this year. Yes, he is called Pino. It's not a nicknamed Pino the hairdresser is it salon vague?
Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: This is the start the second week since you've been away. Patsy getting up to be a lot of stuff that's been happening in our lives. The cat, you know, Larry, our cat. Yeah, we've had to put them on a diet because the vetters said he's too big. We worked out he's been eating. He's been having a couple of meals a day that we didn't know about. He's been eating the small little scrappy dog that the kid's got in lockdown. He's been eating his food. Because a cat is not gonna be all threatened by a small dog like that. So this is the start of his second week of a diet. And this morning I was getting ready with making my shake and had the fridge open. You know, there's that horrible bottlean draw where all the sality kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: The chrispa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's what it's always like. I don't like that bottle drawl. You know.
Speaker 3: Let me go against the Chris.
Speaker 2: It's a salad in there, and it looks at you're saying, have you had enough salad in the last twenty four hours? Anyway, this cat is so desperate now it's obviously very hungry. It leapt in. The cat leapt into the salad draw. I was just trying to snuffle around there, this big fat cat. Larry Tomorrow, my daughter's bed turns up. Right, three months ago we ordered a bed. Okay, it turns out and of the weekend they sent me the email, Saint, it's been delivered. You don't think where they give you on Tuesday and they give you that really wide massive you're going to need to be in between midnight and midnight. Then it gave me an option, and this is the way of the world, right, It said, we've got the option before it's dispatch to make it Wi Fi enabled.
Speaker 4: The bed, the bed. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know why does a bed need to be Wi Fi enabled? Obviously I didn't even ask my daughter whether she wanted Wi Fi and enabled. I've just made the decision for her. No, they don't need any more ways of having Wi Fi into their lives. A Wi Fi enabled bed.
Speaker 4: Now you just sleep in the interests.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell Christian O'Connell Show podcast now this weekend obviously the Grand Final, but a Grand Final light now weather, so everyone's just going to be watching it in their own homes, no company.
Speaker 2: I find this really strange. You guys have grown up with this, you know, and say Christmas Day kind of thing where you got your mates coming around and probably the same bunch of mates' been doing it with for years. It must just feel so odd an atmosphere. This what it's going to be this weekend of no doubt, a great game, great games Friday night and Saturday night. But in terms of the it isn't just about the game. It's it's your mates, it's a barbecue, it's a shared experience. So what did Dan Andrew say, yesterday at the press conference.
Speaker 3: So he said just after he'd announced the restrictions and what was getting eased from midnight and November one. He did make a point of saying, hey, look, in as many words, sorry that we can't celebrate like we normally do, but it's what we have to do. And he's also leaving it to people to do the right thing and not you know that's some phrase, isn't it do the right thing? And don't be tempted to find.
Speaker 2: What the right thing is For some people, doing the right thing is having beers with your mates Saturday afternoon. For the eyes of the law, that's the wrong thing. That it's very subjective in terms of what do the right thing is. I've worked out I can have you know, if you go on to live it gub, you can see what all the guidelines are. Have your gown the house. And I've worked out a way where I think I can have six mates round to mine. I need to adopt them and then they're family and then it's all okay. So I'm drawing up adoption papers. I can adopt the whole show if you want them, we can all come round to mine to watch the game this weekend. All right, so this is an amazing price. Thanks to Harvey Norman. We're giving away the only TV you we be watching the Grand Final on this weekend. It's called the Samsung Terrace. It's a sixty five inch four K outdoor O led smart TV. It's an amazing TV. Says here the producer put a line here, watch the match in your backyard while turning the sausages on the barbecue.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm there.
Speaker 2: I didn't come watch the game. I can't. I'm turning the sausages on the barbecue. You be asking me last year, how was the Grand Final? Do you know? Betty? So I was turning those sausages on the barbecue. But this is it's worth eight thousand dollars. So every day this week we're looking for one of you. Go forward to Thursday show ahead on the long weekend. One person wins it on Thursday Show. Every day this week, not only do you go into a big draw on Thursday, you also win instantly five hundred dollars voucher at Harvey Norman. How are we doing it by doing this? Fan in the stand, The game's up there?
Speaker 4: Look all right?
Speaker 2: Each morning this week. Then you gotta work out who is the fan in the stand. It's someone famous? Who is it? Here's this morning's fan in the stand?
Speaker 4: Why are you do.
Speaker 2: You think that's drible?
Speaker 3: It's tough, it's tough.
Speaker 4: There is a celebrity amongst the crowd that explains it clearly, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Thank god you're there for that. They were confused.
Speaker 1: Conf Christian, Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast, What game's up there?
Speaker 2: Look all right, each morning this week we're going to find four of you and on Thursday show, one of you gets the big TV worth eight thousand dollars every single day for getting the fan in the stand? Right, you get an instant five thousand dollars, five hundred dollars sorry, the next to zero there easy, everybody, take two shall nervous sorry, five hundred dollars to spend at Harvey Norman another dollar more? You creed a little piggies? All right? Who is today's fan in the stand? Who this? John's up first? This morning? Johnny boy?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Yeah, good morning, Christian?
Speaker 3: Here are youing?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Do you have a nice weekend? Yes?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Awesome? Who do you think is the fan in the.
Speaker 7: Stand says like Homer Simpson to me.
Speaker 2: No, he's in the little opening theme tune. But it's not Homer Simpson in the clip. But thank you very much for you guess anyway, John, No.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I have a nice weeek Jordan.
Speaker 4: I'm going with Jerry Seinfeld.
Speaker 2: Christian, it's not Jerry Seinfeld. Nice guest though, tough and enjoy the game this weekend. JERSU Claire, good morning. Who think it is? Claire?
Speaker 3: It's Ross some friends?
Speaker 1: What are you?
Speaker 2: Wow? Winner winner? You through to the big drawer on Thursday. You could be winning the eight thousand dollars TV. You get five hundred dollars straight away to spend at half a Norman. Well, Unclaire, thank you so much. That's all right, and good luck Thursday. We catch up again Thursday. But you're into the drawer. It could be you. Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're all going to watch a movie together Saturday night. We watched the trailer and then it is a cute dog. My wife goes to me that dog but not dyeing it? Are going to be really upset? Can you find out? I'm like, how I fuck? We watched the movie beforehand for an hour and fifty two and then go I checked it all out. That dog is absolutely fine. Last scene they're all throwing a ball for it. It's great. Okay, anyway, So I'm googling. I just start. I put the name of the movie in and then it does the Dog Die? Right? I can't find anything. However, I come across an amazing website that a lot of you are going to go on this week to waste time. It's called does Thedogdie dot Com, also available as an app. It has seventy six different categories. Right from a Dog dies? There are bugs, there are snakes, someone uses drugs. There's finger slash, toe mutilation, there's im mutilation. Someone breaks a bone, they're shaving, teeth are damaged. Someone has a seizure, someone is kidnapped, a parent dies, there are there are clowns, someone is possessed. And you click on the category then tells you what films there are those scenes in?
Speaker 4: And can you do the reverse? Can you put in your film and it tells you which category it comes under.
Speaker 2: No, son, I could put in A Dog Dies and I can tell you now what movies there are. John Wick. Yeah, I mean it's it's three movies and two more to go about a guy avenging because someone nilled his dog, and as a dog owner, I don't think he goes over the top enough. I think he's quite mild in his restraint. And then it goes here all the all the movies and TV shows where dogs are obviously Marley Me's in their Game of Thrones, The Witch, and then it's about every other movie. So out of any of these categories, guys, do you want me to which one do you want to go to? There's do you want to know if a parent dies? What movies have clowns?
Speaker 3: I like the clowns? One I hate clowns.
Speaker 2: Okay, it obviously spoiler alert, there are clowns. He's on the posters, he's everywhere. If you watch that and are still surprised, you're just an idiot. The Joker fifty six minutes into everyone's surprise, there is indeed a clown in The Joker movie. As it says it the Good Place. American Horror story again, it's called American Horror Story, Shadow Valley, Animal Crossing at Jack. Do you pick a category as well? Let me just take you through some of the other ones. I'm going down here now. We don't want to have that one. There are strobe effects, shaky.
Speaker 8: Cam, shaky care reminds you of There was this famous, for a long time, famous review show for movies on the ABC called David and Margaret at the Movies.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's still available. You can still watch old episodes of that.
Speaker 4: I used to love it every Wednesday night and they would do it.
Speaker 2: You can watch old episodes.
Speaker 4: David hated the shaky cam and because in the I guess in the early two thousand it became a real trend for movies.
Speaker 2: It Blair Witch Project, which is the whole movies like that. You actually feel sick sometimes watching it.
Speaker 4: So even if you loved a movie, but you go, I have to take points off for the Shaky Shame web.
Speaker 2: It's called if you do want to use this website ever, by the way, it's called does the Dog Die dot Com?
Speaker 5: Question?
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast till next twenty minutes. Then we're going to talk about what's happened to us this weekend and pick a song that sums it up. Jack Post, what's it for you?
Speaker 4: Bianco and I desperate, like so many Melbournians, desperate for some sort of vacation, some sort of different feeling than just been in the house every weekend. So we to make our own feeling of a vacation this morning there, this weekend, we pulled the bed into the living room, base and all, and took out the coffee table.
Speaker 2: In this story, you're both twelve years of age.
Speaker 3: Heap me, king of camp.
Speaker 4: Are you like a slumber party?
Speaker 2: Did you get under the table or something, some blankets and have your dinner under there? Something under the table?
Speaker 3: There is something about that, isn't there?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 3: Sleeping somewhere different in.
Speaker 2: The dragging the bed into another room? Does it make me feel like balmy? Where am i right now? I've got my boarding pass.
Speaker 4: Let me set the scene for you. Maybe you'll convince you to do the same this weekend, just to spice things.
Speaker 2: Up a bit. Absolutely so, we moved nothing more spicy than dragging a bed into another room. I'm so spicy already the thought of it. I'm gonna have to text my wife right now. I can't wait till the end of the show.
Speaker 4: With the coffee table out, the bed feels up pretty much all of the room, so it's not a huge living room, and you wedged in between the couches and the fireplace and the TV.
Speaker 2: She can jump from one to the other.
Speaker 4: So the idea was to turn all the lights off put the fire on.
Speaker 2: This it's actually really.
Speaker 4: Nice, so imagine the romance.
Speaker 3: Romance.
Speaker 4: The only light in the room is the fireplace.
Speaker 2: Glowing on your lover's face as you make out your little dirty dog. E'es huh.
Speaker 4: He actually got way too hot in front of the fire. We were watching a footy there.
Speaker 3: Oh that's romantic, so yeah, lit by the fire. Gosh, Jack, I thought you.
Speaker 2: Say you're gonna put her like a romantic movie or like Sleep the s and Seattle.
Speaker 4: It's the prelimbs. You can't, mister, watch you doing.
Speaker 2: You're proper. No, I don't not having night snacks in bed either, because for days afterwards you're rolling over there's another little cheerio or.
Speaker 3: Something in there, duster Buster in the want you.
Speaker 2: Get the pillows to prop you up, and the prop you up on the bed.
Speaker 4: And then by halftime it was so hot and Bank is the one closest to the fire. She's like, we can't, there's no way we can sleep yet. So I had to douse the fire.
Speaker 2: With them, and then you get all that horrible.
Speaker 4: Smoke, and now the bed is still there because we didn't the next morning, we haven't bothered to move the bed back into the bedroom because there's a lot of work.
Speaker 2: Actually, so now you're not John and Yoko? Do you haven't a protest? Then coming up next, Tom ras Patsy. What's a song that sums up her weekend?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Song that sums up my weekend is this? Well, this is my This could be my wife's song for life, because my wife backs down to no one, and no she never backs down. So here's the situation Friday. Okay, we needed to fill up a bean bag. Not just a bean bag, but it was a bean bag, double seater outdoor indoor mini couch. Wow. Yeah to the girls and a mate or a boyfriend iver, they have to can make out.
Speaker 4: On it and make a couch.
Speaker 9: Sorry, sorry, come here for peace therapy.
Speaker 2: Don't send me back to the dark place, all right? So I made up straight away. I thought this is going to be a nightmare between my wife and I because if you ever tried to fill a beanbang with those those Palestine balls, the fire gravity, they don't go down. They just they just don't want to go into that beanback to They're like they're trying to leap out, you know, they keep going. They get stuck to your hand and face. They're like flies, like covered in honey, and they go all over the So then it was and so I saw this coming. I've been here years years ago when my wife from a huge mount don't doing it, and I thought, no way, it's Friday night, I'm not beginning weekend. On that, I went, do you know what you're gonna have to get one of the kids to do with your darling. I said, I've got to make an urgent phone called to Tom, the producer developing. You know something, Jack said. My wife always believes when we go something Jack said, or it's queuing on there's something kicking off on gold. So I went into the other room and just turn Netflix on my laptop. Right, the fourteen year old gets drafted up, right, and within two minutes there's just screaming in there, right, and they're like two cats just that neither them will back down. The teenager quits, walks off the job, and I'm like, I slammed the laptop. I knew that I'm going to get caught up. My wife just goes crait, I'm going to need you now. Oh no, oh, no, no, no, here goes our Friday night. And sure enough, within a couple of a couple of minutes, we're arguing because my wife and we don't know what the best way is. There's there's eight of these bags to get into this. It's only like this little double seater, but you need a lot of those silly little polystymie walls. So we've got to put eight in there. And we're trying to work out what the best way is. I said, there must be a system that people have got, like a shortcut to put these bean back the beans into the bean back.
Speaker 4: I've only done it once and I'll never do it again. Exactly like you said, they defied gravity, went everywhere, They got static electricity that pushes them away from.
Speaker 3: The opening of the bad Do you shove them in? And then like with the Stanley knife bottom.
Speaker 2: What we never thought of that? Tell you what I do? Perhaps I started licking that the packet of the beans, going, well this get them in to take all the bag.
Speaker 3: Did you open the packet and then try to tip it in?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, You've got to put the whole like. It's a cylindrical shape thing, isn't it like a big long stick?
Speaker 2: This is what you've been off for three reasons. You come back, You're drop in words like it's cylindrical. The old pre pats sound right, the old paths.
Speaker 4: Refreshed.
Speaker 2: No, refresh wouldn't have come up words like cylindrical. Yes it is. It's like a sausage going into a hole.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, shove it. You shove it in the casing of said sofa, and then at the bottom of it you put a slip.
Speaker 2: And then I tried that. I tried that. Here's what happens is the beans as they're going down the sausage, they congregate the bottom, don't they And then you shake it. And then when you do the shake and you lose half the beans. I'm sure someone listened to this, has done this and has got a very easy system. Has anyone got a better way to fill up beans into a bean bag? What should we have done?
Speaker 1: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm dying to know what should my wife and I have done. Friday night, we had a bean bag to fill up. And if you've ever been this situation, it's those tiny, irritating, crappy, little polystommery malls that defy gravity. You're trying to get them to go down, shaking that bag and like the sausage meat, to get it to go into the pie. You open up that pie how the mouth, and you try and shove them in. They start going everywhere. And I didn't know what the best way to do this was, Helen, Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you guys?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Helen. So you've been in this situation before. What's the best thing to do? You're have?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 7: The whole idea is to define gravity. So one of you need to stand on a chair like a dining chair, and have the other one hold the bean bag. And then it's dropping low, as Patty was saying, if you have the tube in there, as it's flowing through, the bean bag is filling, but it's going downwards as one of you are holding the bean bag up higher.
Speaker 2: Sort of makes sense, yes, it did, But we did this. I was holding I was in charge of holding up like I guess if it was a hospital. I'm holding up the ivy drip.
Speaker 4: But are you on a chair?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I wasn't on a chair, was holding up you.
Speaker 1: Need to be on a chair.
Speaker 2: Statue okay, the statue of liberty holding up like that? Okay, and then exactly exactly so it needed to be higher.
Speaker 7: It needed definitely to be higher. So then as it's dropping, you won't get as many out there. But I've filled up two really huge ones for my son, and yeah, it definitely definitely works. So good luck with that.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Helen. Have a nice week, no worries, take care of see you bye. Tell me one thing about beanbag as well. They're not for growing ups, are they?
Speaker 3: Getting out of them?
Speaker 2: Getting out of that thing is humiliating. I'll tell you what it's like a gym studio. Sud help them for a crunch to work on his six pack. That is, you got to engage your glute and the apps. Or what adults do is they just roll over to the side. Kids, I spring up like the matrix, can't they? Adults do the old roll on one knee.
Speaker 6: Christian Christian O'Connell's Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's just another miss heard many Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics. Welcome to this week's misheard Lyrics. As always, you send them in every Monday, we go through the ones. If we agree with your miss here, if we can't hear what you think you're mishearing. For the really great ones, you get straight away inducted into the Hall of Fame Hall of Fame, a record breaking three Hall of Famers last week. Nathan and Phil Collins. Someone to Call Mine, My Mama's etes Mamma, one of my favorite ones of the year, one of my still great there Lucas Storm, great name, had prefab sprouts, the King of Rock and Roll, Hot Dog Jump and fart on a cookie. Still some of these they get better a week later, don't know they they marinate. We got Becky with Julia Michaels and issues. Yeah I got issues and this is a high brown one. Yeah, I've got issues. And one of them is hell on Nietzsche, the German philosopher. Issues.
Speaker 1: One of them is how about an answer?
Speaker 2: There you go, we do high and lowbrowl on the show. All right, Le's get at Leb Brown new ones. Big John's got this from Green Day time of your life. Another turning point of fork stuck in the road, another turning by the fox duck in the world, or is it another turnip boy? A fork stuck in the road.
Speaker 4: Another turner bine of fuks duck.
Speaker 8: And the.
Speaker 2: I'm here in turn it boy. You don't have to say yes because you're doing your favorite role. All right? What about this one? Then this comes from Simon from Madonna's material Girl. All right, so Madonna and when she just yells out at the material, Simon thinks she's saying, cheero.
Speaker 4: You nice.
Speaker 2: If popstars listen, Hey, thanks for listening, find yourself, save journey home.
Speaker 4: Great closer for any live show.
Speaker 2: He's Madonna saying cheero at the end of this of a song, see you mat Yeah, she's saying cheerio, We hear it. That's great, Simon. I love that one. Come on in instance Hall of Favor, Jimbo's up next, cool the gang get down on it song? Or is it get that hornet? Yes, it's such It'll get that hornet. Yes, Serena, I have two you said last week with Phil Collins, someone to call my Mama's there? Oh, yes, ma, mama said bonus point Now for animal themed ones. I think I've got two for you up. First, tight Rope by Illy Australian rapper. I'm walking on a tightrope or is it monkey on a tightrope? Yes, one hundred percent, the monkey and a tightrope. And then I'm not sure about this one, Florence and the machine. Sweet nothing. I'm living on such sweet nothing? Or is it I'm living on sexy elephants? I don't know.
Speaker 9: Actually there, yes, are we're hearing a sexy elephant altogether, Everyone lean into the radio right now, a great light.
Speaker 2: Yes, I give a sexy elephant. And then finally from James blurred lines, Robin Thick a baby, can you breathe? I got this from Jamaica? Or is it baby? Can you breed a cactus from Jamaica? Yeah? I hear that. Can you breed a cactus from Jamaica? Yes? Well done? Those are all outstanding this week. Thank you very much, or you miss her limits you send me every single day as always, whenever you've got one, send it to me. Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au, Christian.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Shane Crawford jackposts are going to be live from the MCG. Why they're there, they're saving the Grand Finals. Why they're going to be capturing the essence of the MCG. It isn't just about a bit of turf, It's about capturing the essence of the MCGS. They're going to be down there live ten past eight this morning. They've got a compressor, they've got a share and they're going to cram in love that MCG atmosphere, Craws saying, going to boot her all the way up to the Gabba before that. Then last week I launched a brand new podcast. And if I'm going to put something ouse out to the world of me talking, it needs to be something completely different because there's about twenty hours of me available already talking. So for years I've been thinking about I want to do something different than what I couldn't do on the radio show. So all I've done is something called The Stuff of Legends. Each week it's me and a guest, someone who I think is interesting and funny. They tryin town with the story of their life in three objects. Last week's first episode went up. Thank you very much all the messages that have come over the last couple of days, is Russell Brand, and one of you summed it up. And the amazing thing is when you sit opposite someone and you should try and do that with your friends. You're all struggling for things to talk about the moment. What would it be if you were going to try and tell the story of your life in three objects? Russell Brand's won last week. For most of you you heard Russell in a very different way because people dropped the persona. This week's guest is the same one of the funniest people I've ever met. He's black belt funny, not just one of the funniest people in Australia, one of the funniest people in the world. Hamish Blake. The Hamish Blake one which is up now it's called Stuff of Legends wherever you get your podcasts from is amazing. When I did this, it was so interesting what he was talking about. Yeah, the impact of his granddad on his life, his old attitude to why he works out so much, one of the most important books in his life, which I think gave him his whole sort of comedic kind of outlook. Was so interesting. At the end of it, we were still talking for another twenty minutes. Christian Connell Show podcast. What we're about to do is the most important bit of the shows this week. There's nothing more important for me to we're doing this week than what we're about to undertake. This is where showbiz and science mate and create show science. We are capturing the g Last week you would have seen the news that we're going to be digging up some of the turf for the MCG taking it to La Gabba, just so some of that special essence can be there. However, the MCG, the one thing we all talk about is the atmosphere there. What it's like Friday night with a beer under the lights at the MCG. There's nowhere else quite like that those sporting stadium in the world, like the world famous MCG. It's about the atmosphere. So that's what we're going to try and do. Right now. We've got a compressor. We're going to suck in some of the MCG atmosphere, then we're going to put it into a showing and then it's going to be transported the next two days up to the Gabba. Live Thursday morning is going to be released the MCG atmosphere into the Gabba ready for the Grand Final this weekend. We are about bies and gentlemen to capture the G. The studium holds express. It's a go man in an impossible precision. It's past.
Speaker 1: Now we come to the biggest decision of them all.
Speaker 2: So it is my pleasure to formally announce at the twenty twenty Toyota AFL Grand Final we played in Queensland at the gam.
Speaker 1: Christian owned Connell's future the G.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll go on to scientists. Ready, good morning, Jack posts live at the MCG gate number two.
Speaker 4: Christia Connell, we come to you from inside the atmospheric bubble of the MCG. Crawf you would know this atmosphere very well.
Speaker 5: Oh it's incredible. What a spectacle it is, What a beautiful building. But as Christian did say, the atmosphere is everything and two scientists. Last time I did a science experiment, it involved a Bunsen burner.
Speaker 2: But today I'm telling it to a whole new level. First of all, Crawford, before we get into it, obviously, on Friday you're raving about Lucky Neil and tipping in for the brown. Though you must have been very pleased to see him get it. Yesterday a very worthy winner.
Speaker 5: Christian had a super consistent year and a good country boy, which we love the country boys. So well done to Lockey Neil and well done to the Brisbane Lions because you need your teammates to help you out there on the field as well.
Speaker 2: And who are you going to tip this weekend? Mate? You enjoy the games that weekend, two great games.
Speaker 5: I'm going to lean towards the Mighty Tigers. I just think it was an amazing win. To do what they did last week was incredible in South Australia with the crowd totally against them, to find a way to win when they were challenged all night. I just think, look out, they're going to win another premiership.
Speaker 2: So guys, describe the atmosphere right now of the MCG Well.
Speaker 5: You can see dust particles flying through the air as we speak, and we see the seagulls just waking from having a fish and chip overnight, and we can see people starting to build all around us.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for coming.
Speaker 5: I know it's a very special, exciting event, but it is quite amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you make it sound like we're breaking social distancing rules.
Speaker 2: There's no there's absolutely and just sprinting down right now to shut us down. And also if they're ever looking to who is going to be the voice that takes over from today? But atbrah Crofts just chucked his hands to the ring.
Speaker 4: There isn't he with those dust particle comments, brilliant.
Speaker 2: Talks so beautifully about the seagulls and that fish and chip supper they had an overnight.
Speaker 4: And of course we've got the compressor. It's the V thirteen sixty leads.
Speaker 2: We did go for the V thirteen, didn't we guys?
Speaker 4: We did. We had no expense spared. It goes up to two hundred and fifty psi. It's ready to capture the atmosphere of the MC And.
Speaker 5: We did jump the gun a bit there because it is in Brisbane Lions colors. And we obviously got that wrong because the Tiger's won and the cats.
Speaker 2: One didn't need to know that bit of detail. But anyway, that's Shane Crawford for you. Crawf. Now we understand that you have a speech that you're ready to read out. Now get rid of Oh look.
Speaker 5: This is gonna really stir me up, but anyway, stick with.
Speaker 2: Me away we go hang on crawf. Let me just play in some emotional music.
Speaker 5: See I really do want to start running.
Speaker 2: I'm at ems g Okay.
Speaker 5: Here we go for the first time since the birth of our game, for the first time in ninety eight years, the Grand Final will be played beyond our borders and our great city. Four X is no VB and the Gabba is no MCG. You might not be able to see it, but you can feel it. You can feel it in your bones when the Southern Stad roars, or in the pit of your stomach when one hundred thousand Melbournians hold their breath. It's the ghosts of Grand Finals pass that hover above the turf, the hugs, the tears, the.
Speaker 2: Broken dreams that spelled beer.
Speaker 5: And while we can't recreate the g's famous atmosphere, we can capture it by hiring a high powered industrial air compressor, pumping it into a share and posting.
Speaker 10: It express to the gabber jack. Let's fire up. The moment has come. It's time to capture the gen. She done started.
Speaker 2: What a mute? Thank you very much to Kenyon's hire in the atmosphere quick plug. Listen to that. Wow, it's gonna wake up all the residents.
Speaker 5: Yes, they're coming out of their houses as we speak.
Speaker 2: We are capturing the G. Wake up, it's quake away.
Speaker 4: It's got white line fever.
Speaker 2: Sound like it is going to concurently. All right, guys, when you're ready, start to suck in the atmosphere of the MCG into thats v well kmpressor, We're ready suck eats any minute. Now.
Speaker 1: What's happened?
Speaker 2: What's he do?
Speaker 7: But what we did it?
Speaker 4: We thought we were sucking it in.
Speaker 2: It's going, yeah, suck it in. Turn up a bit, Jack, because I'm told them, when you turn it up, it will start to suck in all the ghosts of all those great moments.
Speaker 4: Turning it up.
Speaker 2: Really crank it up, jack. Oh my god, it's starts to suck him in right now. I can hear them. You've got them, guys, you've got it. Turn it off. That's it, seen it, seen it.
Speaker 4: We've captured the G.
Speaker 2: Well no, everyone then captured the G an air high five? Dot too close? Just a air high five?
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa?
Speaker 2: We captured it. Okay, well done, guys. So so in a minute, then we're going to put it into a sharing and then it's going to be transported all the way to the Gabba where open up the show And on Thursday show, Shane Crawford, Jack Post the Grand Final. Thanks you, we did it. Thanks for having me on an occasion. Wait, gab you the job.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I know it's radio, but we care about getting these things right. Not only was that, obviously you can do that, we won't sound effects that he actually is that? What's a compressor down there? Jack Post is still down there in a ghostbuster's outfit, right, any excuse that guy to get on some kind of fancy dress up right, he's into it. Crawf was in a scientist lab coat. I've just seen the video of it. If you go into our Insta stories on show Insta stories, we find it on Instagram. The Christian O'Connell Show, Shane Crawford is supposed to look at scientists, but because he's Crawf and he's sorry, he's carved out of stone, he just looks like a butcher, a deli counter of wall warts. Check it out right now. So this Thursday, and I know the news yesterday some mixed news from Dan Andrews. The incredible thing is the numbers have actually gone down from seven hundred to well one and then two and talking to my mum and dad yesterday in England where it's up to over twenty thousand a day, it's amazing what we have done. We have done incredible Melbourne. It's like I couldn't believe that over the weekend it was one hundred days we've been in this second lockdown. It's been incredible. So anyway, it's mixed news today. There's still very very tough news for a lot of small and medium businesses. And I know it's unbelievable that you won't be able to be watching the game this weekend with family and friends. I can imagine what that's like. You've grown up with that tradition. It's I could kind of box and dale Christmas Day lunches and it's the same thing in the diary. However, it is still a four day week. There will still be a Grand Final and hopefully a great one as well, So it's a four day week. We've still got the public holiday because it's Victorian and any chance of our public holiday, who sees that. So here's what we're doing. It's a four day week. This is on the show Big Show. We've kept of the g we're gonna be releasing the g live from the Gabba. Were yet to find out who's gonna be doing that, but we've got a couple of days to work that out. We're all seeing to be giving away this eight thousand dollars outdoor TV thanks to Harvey Norman that one of you who's gonna win in time, it's going to be installed and in time rounded yours for the Grand Final Saturday. And then what we're also going to do Thursday is we're going to make it all requests. So normally you listen to the songs that we pick for you, guys like match, what's twenty there? What do you want to hear? I'd start to call in now. It's going to get very busy on Thursday's show. Everyone's going to be in a great atmosphere. It's the last working day of the week before the long weekend, so we're going to turn Thursday's Breakfast show all request. The music be picked by you. What do you want to hear? This is going to be like trying to put your hair just as appointment. Don't leave it till Thursday.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: You're back.
Speaker 4: I'm back.
Speaker 2: They couldn't find you for the last five minutes. I did.
Speaker 4: I forgot to bring a pass with me. Take out the front. Thank you, we captured it, mate, Well done.
Speaker 2: I see you've done science now this morning, you capture the g Well done. How did Crawf look? You look more like a sort of big Burnie butcher.
Speaker 4: No, that's his home ground there. You really see Crawf in his element outside.
Speaker 2: When I heard him in his element, he did an amazing job by getting very very excited, waking up the neighborhood and all the sea golds. All right, time for today's at work time wasister. This morning, we're asking you to combine two TV shows. To take two separate TV shows, match them together and create one new monster. I've got Dexter who a time traveling serial killer? Yeah, Silver, Dancing with the Porn Stars, Gold, Little House of Cards on the Prairie, Silver, Doctor, Who do you think you are? Gold? Sesame Street Blues, Sesame Street but Solving Crimes. Hill Street Blues was an old detective show. Bring it on, the early eighties.
Speaker 4: Don't know it?
Speaker 2: Bronze, Oh you're market it down for Ignorance and Buffy The Bachelor Slayer Gold I'd watch that, Jack, What have you got? Then? Combined two TV shows.
Speaker 4: Two and a half Madmen. Keep in mind while we do these, I've been outside the studio out of me.
Speaker 2: Come on. In fact, they should be better. I've had ten minutes in taxi.
Speaker 4: Golden Girl's Gone Wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 4: Silver, The Last Dancing with the Stars Michael Jordan and Dennis Rodman dancing.
Speaker 2: Basketball and I said, yeah, Bronze and Tiger King of the Hill. Okay, did you leave yours in the back of that yellow Star Taxi? What have you got? Combined two TV shows.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, today's time wastter. We're asking you to combine two TV shows. You're into Mark, Jack Ready, Gilligan's Love Island, Gold Right and Sharpy Wonder. Cheers, Silver, I'm a Celebrity Lost in Space, Chris the Farmer Calls and Midwife Silver. Beverly Hills nine O two one.
Speaker 4: Oh, isn't that the show?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sorry? Beverly Hillbillies nine Old Kate Well done, Teenage Mutant, Ninja Kardashians that was still get an audience, that was still getting audience with the name Kardashians tacked on at the end. Don Plate of Origin, Survivor, Bronze, Steve Beavis and butt Heads, Great British Bacoff, Gold, Pieter, that's great, Thank you, Fresh, Prince of Sesame Street, Silver, The Real Housewives of Gilligan's Island, Gold, The Simpsons of Anarchy.
Speaker 4: Sim Sons of Silver plus.
Speaker 2: Twin Peaky Blinders, Clever Conne very Good married with children at first Sight, Silver, Naith Making a Friend's Murderer, The Fresh Idiot Abroad Martin Wilder, mad Men Who Stare at Goats Silver plus Dawson Shit Creek What is it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Shit's crak? Ah right?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Silver plus Modern Family Ties Bronz. Wow wee, I've not heard this TV show mentioned about four decades. Are you being served? Mash Good Lord, I mean, I know this has been a strange year, but I didn't know I'd be anyone mentioning are you being served? Dancing with the Neighbors Bronz and Alan up in Canberra, Thank you very much. Listened to the show. Keeping Up with the Simpsons, Bronze, Fat Malcolm in the Middle.
Speaker 4: Don't know one of those TVs.
Speaker 2: No, I only know Malcolm in the Middle of the fact Bit Hunger, Game of Thrones movie. I think it was a very extreme TV show with kids having to survive like that. How you met your friends? All right, fiddling out? These are fiddling out. So Tyler, Today's show is the g has been captured. The footy ball is actually already back here with the atmosphere that you've sunked in with the compressor now is in it. We do need we need a listener in Brisbane. We need someone there for Thursday. So the ball is going to be shipped up today to Brisbane. We need someone who can then we can get it to who can then release the g on Thursday into the Gabba. So if you know anyone in Brisbane or you listen to the sharp there, please shoot me an email today Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au. So Tyler, Today's show is the g has been captured. We are back to my morning. We have three topic Tuesday. Also you can get your requestion for all requests Thursday and another chance for one of you to go forward to the big draw on Thursday. To win this eight thousand dollars TV thanks to Harvey
Speaker 1: Norman, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast