Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts. You can hear more gold one on four point three Podcasts playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, pats Morning, No Jack Post today. Had a terrible nightmare last night and wet the bed and said, I just need to draw out the mattress. I can't come in today. So I totally understand. It was that one about the monsters under the bed. It would any of us, any of us will be able to go to work the next day. Good morning Rio, Good morning christ Jumps training to that Jack Post hot seat is Game of Thrones and radio. You snooze, you lose. Still warm now, Patsy, how was your day yesterday?
Speaker 3: I had a really blatant reality check yesterday, So I.
Speaker 1: Had a latant reality check.
Speaker 3: It was like a slam in the face with a bus. I tell you, I had to go with your news.
Speaker 1: Is the way that you do the show, the hyperbole, slammed in the face, blatant reality.
Speaker 3: A rude awakening. So I had to go to the bank to do Audrey's banking, and she's.
Speaker 1: Got to say, we're dealing with a thirteen year old young lady. What backing you have to do? And Mom, I'm going to need you to transfer some from the Cayman Islands to sweat too, and go heavy on gold, heavy on gold. She is possible that shares with this radio station, offload those.
Speaker 3: She's possibly doing exchange in France next year. Maybe possibly, So we've.
Speaker 1: Said, baken a few moves. She's speculating right now, just looking at property in the door drawing mum.
Speaker 3: So we've set up this little account and it's also just a good sort of you know, good training for.
Speaker 4: Her to have a goal.
Speaker 3: And it builds up slowly and steadily, and that's her cash to take.
Speaker 4: If if she if she leaves me next year and goes overseas.
Speaker 3: So I went to the back and she's got the old old school Dolomites bank book.
Speaker 5: I used to have one of those, which I love.
Speaker 3: Well, no it's not, as I learned. This is how long it is since I done her banking. So I went to the teller and she said, well, this is almost an antique that should go in an antique shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was like we're doing a financial antiques roadchio. This is from the turn of the exities.
Speaker 5: It's not looking good for her friends trip.
Speaker 1: Account, that Dolomite account. I like to pay with my Dolomite account.
Speaker 6: And I said, oh, please, don't tell me.
Speaker 4: You phased out the bank book like they're kids.
Speaker 1: It's just a kid's bank because it's a great way for them to, I think, to learn about the value of money.
Speaker 4: That's why I like it.
Speaker 3: And you know, you've got the little stub on the left and see it growing and it's like an incentive of this is working. Look what you're achieving. And she said, yeah, no, the bank books are gone. And is it Well, it's like a slip you get a slip of paper, it's like a tiny oak.
Speaker 5: I remember the dollar mine accounts. The interest rates that you would get on those things were minuscule, like you would get maybe like three cents in a year. You'll was it was crazy. I think they you get a.
Speaker 3: Higher interest if you do at least one deposit a month at our bank.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 1: Deposits in bank account.
Speaker 3: But you know what they used to have Tuesdays at primary school was our banking day.
Speaker 4: So we had yeah, yeah, we had a.
Speaker 3: Bank book and you'd bring you know, a dollar note back then and the principal would take it to the bank and that would it.
Speaker 1: Would known as a Dan Murphy bank. Yeah, okay, I've got that bank account.
Speaker 4: But they've even stopped doing that.
Speaker 3: And then I couldn't help because it was only you know, there's only two tellers now at a big bank.
Speaker 1: Isn't to say even getting in there because they're radically sort of changed. They want you going online. I feel so so for old people because when you go in there, it is like God's waiting room. It's confused shufflers, you know, and they have that man or woman the bouncer for well chat about money go online.
Speaker 4: Down the back of your neck as well. Because there was a woman.
Speaker 3: Behind me and I'm thinking, is that a customer answering my questions? And I turned around and know it was a bank worker, and I'm thinking, oh, they're like minions, they're everywhere and they've only got two tellers. But there was a deer Nona next to me to my left. She also had a bank book, and so that was.
Speaker 1: Like they probably let them still keep the bank books, so you don't want non of trouble, you know. Suddenly there's a dry bi and getting palted with canoi and that you don't you don't upset the nonas in this city.
Speaker 4: So no bank books. I feel very old all of a sudden and out of date.
Speaker 1: I do you think that parents would have ever sort of been taking money out of that account sometimes and tough talents out of their kids dolomite acounts. I reckon there's some that would have done that. Kay, then you're.
Speaker 7: Saying no, No, they were so miniscule, Like I literally put a dollar in a week.
Speaker 1: So over the pretty good for a kid.
Speaker 4: Fifty two bucks by the end of the year.
Speaker 1: I won't mind fifty two bucks cash right now. It come in handy, So you and then have you when do you did it transfer into like an adult, grown up account?
Speaker 7: It actually did so when I when I got a job, so sixteen, I got a bank account and just use the dollar my dollars that I'd gathered over my junior school. We didn't do it in high school, so it just sat there and got three percent interest.
Speaker 1: Once a year, really maturing into your super can Actually, but Tom, I hit eighteen, I'll probably retire. Go move to the dollar.
Speaker 2: Mic Christian O'Connell Show Go One podcast team.
Speaker 1: This morning, I feel not quite put together and I feel raw. My heart is tender. Last night I watched movie and No. Normally we talk about our movie TV recommendations on a Friday in double thumbs up, but I cannot wait until then to talk about a muscy movie. Nonnas. Yes, we were just talking about them. And then I stared off in the distance and thought about this beautiful movie I saw last night. So I thought it was a comedy because it's Vince Vaughan. Vince Vaughan one of the funniest people I've ever interviewed. Him and Will Ferrell, They're like the top of the mountain of the funniest people I've ever interviewed. And Vince Vaughan is brilliant in everything, and it was great last year in Bad Monkey, really funny showing from an after TV. So I thought it's nons This must be a comedy about him and some knowledge.
Speaker 5: Yes, I thought it might be Vince Vaughn dressing up maybe with Adam send as nonnas, like a very silly like Adam.
Speaker 1: I thought he was like in charge of a load of nonnors. And I knew it was about a restaurant. I thought he was just like he had a scheme of putting like old honors to work and running a restaurant, and laughs would follow a plenty. Within a couple of minutes, I'm crying because if Vince Vaughn is sad and he's the only scene is a flipping funeral, Oh my god, I'm in a world of pain. And as soon as I saw the funeral, I start my tears well out. My daughter. I'm watching with my twenty year old, almost twenty one years She goes, oh my god, why are you crying already? And I'm like, you haven't lived a life yet. You're gay, You're fifty two one day and you see Vince Vaughn on a couch and he's grieving his MoMA, And that could be me in a couple of years time. If Vince is sad. This is the world living in now. Because Vince's are grown up too.
Speaker 5: I thought you might be crying at Vince Vaughn's hairline, because.
Speaker 1: Oh my word, it's distracting even in the serious scenes. Is it a week? It's so fun? Is it cubic hare?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, perhaps you don't see it in nonnas. There's some things seen and it's not. No, it's and it's unnatural.
Speaker 5: It made me feel old. I was like, I remember Vince Vaughn wedding.
Speaker 1: Crashes you beautiful, beautific, he was, so the hair is a little distracting. However, have you seen it?
Speaker 5: Yes, I watched it last night.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, in the last twenty minutes. It's a true story.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I was sobbing, like not just crying.
Speaker 1: I was like, like me too, and I couldn't work out why.
Speaker 5: I couldn't stop thinking about my mum.
Speaker 3: That's what it is, yes, the connection to women in our family, you know, aunts and older cousins and our mothers and the matriarchs that make up our families. And when they're lost to an extent, the family unit is never the same again.
Speaker 4: Like it it breaks, it breaks it.
Speaker 1: Down like that. Do we speak to my wife? She's just literally done her first Mother's Day without a mum. Oh, Debbie down all night. It's never going to be the same, Sarah Hope.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful what a woman's written to the family. They're the matriarch and when a little bit of that is lost, and then it's it's Vince, isn't it trying to replicate her recipes because making her baking in her cook brings a little bit of his mumbag and keeping.
Speaker 1: These traditions alive.
Speaker 3: Backbones of these communities, especially Italian communities.
Speaker 1: It's so beautiful, tell you what. There's a lot of food is the star of it. It's a lot of so much after after that, I can't no, no, no more, no more leftovers. I can't eat everything that actually stupped a little bit sick. Plates and plates and plates, and these glorious pasta dishes I've never heard of as well. There's a lot of you know, we know the most famous ones are Italian pasta dishes, but there's all stuff that obviously none as keep back.
Speaker 5: Yes, they're not a secrets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so okay, don't forget to heat up those that are leftover gob and goolies and I went, they're never on the menu. What's a gob and Gongooli? This can be a new way of me actualizing myself the gob and GOOLI. Use I cannot recommend this movie enough. It is such a beautiful. It's a heart opening and heartwarming movie. It's so good.
Speaker 5: Yeah it will it will really really move you. If anyone can anyone with the mom should watch it.
Speaker 1: Well, no, you were selling it to the world really, and you know when you lose mums, you lose your life. Good luck, it's like humpty dumpty, good luck putting that back together. And good morning to you. Christian show yesterday and a time was stunt which if you only ever hear this part of the show is something to do. At eight thirty we did a time where see yesterday and it was put a villain in a song when Rio, When you came up this idea, I said, this isn't a thing. It's going to be very hard for people to randomly hear it in the middle of their mornings. Hey, you know that thing that game we all play where you put a villain in a song. I need to do it right now and you got minutes to text him and try and win a prize. Anyway, we were inundated with how many brilliant ones people came up with. So much. I'm going to do a part two this morning, so there is a prize for the best in show. Dule in the next five minutes. Put a villain, a movie villain in a song, best one we get, you'll get a Villain's Gold Class Double Pass. The big movie that's obviously coming out this week. Were talking about NAS which is on Netflix. Is Mission Impossible Dead, the one where he's running all of them, Final Final Dead, Reckoning Dead, Final Dead Dead and Done? The Final Reckoning, The Final Reckoning. Anyway, you go and see whatever you want, but that is their big, big movie. You're going to see the preview tonight.
Speaker 3: Pats No, I'm not no, but it looks incredible. I was seeing online someone had put something up about his fitness. Tom Cruise's fitness guy is he looks amazing former like his body. It's like they've stuck his head on a twenty year old's body. He looks incredible.
Speaker 1: Again with the hyperbole today, every single break they stuck his hand to tell you what looking about Vince Vaughan's hair, Tom Cruise, Literally you're going around at the moment. There's no excuse not to fly barber with you. It's like a mos short back inside. That's what every man at Tommy's age should be doing. What is that kind of grun chair?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I like it?
Speaker 6: Do you like it's bad boy?
Speaker 2: I love it?
Speaker 1: Not bad boy. He's the least he's the shiniest seek. There's nothing bad.
Speaker 6: About I just want to get my head there.
Speaker 1: You're right, Marion, and you're right. It's Bassis and Room five. It's not dirty Old Adam up front. Now he's a bad boy.
Speaker 5: You'rerized by his sexy twenty year old body, patsys by a lot, but.
Speaker 1: His fifty late Fiat head.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Put a bag over that, Tom, but I'll do that the body. Yes.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Over sixty seven million people, a morning tape party this around the world. It's the biggest thing ever. Actually he would say that with no weapons.
Speaker 5: He's excuse me.
Speaker 1: I've always wondered who Trump was inspired. Now now I've realized is by listening to Patsy's constant hyperbole, slammed in the face and in the face with reality. Anyway, what I'm saying is, you do a thing called the Time Waste. Yesterday's one was so big, I'm doing a part two this morning. The Time Wastter has put a villain in the song Rio. You're gonna mark the best in show Villa Cinema's Gold Class double Pass. Do not go and see Black Bag I went to see it, think it'd be a great vote. Oh that's good to hell rhyme to hell. Some idiot from the Guardian was like, restored my faith in movie making. I went to see this a tiresome hour and a half movie. Whereas none as.
Speaker 5: None as Yes.
Speaker 1: Bolie Forever all right put a villain in a song take on Mini me me most terrifying movie ready ever. I also stared at that for about thirty seconds. Agni.
Speaker 5: I actually watched that Goldfinger maybe two weeks ago. It's still so good.
Speaker 1: Into club A Lang Si Rocky three, Mister t was club A Lang, Steve Good reference, Genesis in the Lair Tonight Silver we played Paul Kelly earlier. What about how to make Gruber said of how to make grayfy Mark, that's very good in Thornbrey, Good Morning, Hungry like.
Speaker 5: A big bad Wolf, Silver Miners.
Speaker 1: Dancing in the Darlk. If you're of a certain age, you'll know the most terrifying TV baddies used to be the Daleks and dr Who, Philver plus not I'm too sexy, I'm too sosy Good reference, Nathan Well Done, Live in La Vida, Joker, Oh good one God but I'm Brad Darth Side of the Moon, Silver, Dr No feel.
Speaker 5: Good, Doctor No.
Speaker 1: Dr Feel Good were a band? Dr No, I don't know doctor no Silver.
Speaker 4: Sorry, don't be like Jack and.
Speaker 1: Because he just gave you haven't heard him. I don't know it.
Speaker 2: Don't like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go to chicken please, mister Indian carried Dida. It's getting pole potton here. Oh well, it's getting poton here said take off. Wow Wow, Say what movie was he? Sergeant Pepper's Colney Hearts Club Bands? Silver, well done, you're so Baine. Oh good god, I've done Simon. Since you've been Gollumn. That's a great one. Brendon Rudge since you've been Gollum is very good, with or without Grew grew Yeah good, not enso Sam and a real terrifying Baddie. Oh my god, enter Scooby Doo. The polling Cooey Rock is still bad even at this time of the morning. Even a.
Speaker 5: Smasher bronze negative one hundred.
Speaker 1: Yes, Anakin skywalking in Memphis Silver plus joker faced by Lady Gargamel. Oh good, Gold Bohemian raapsose.
Speaker 5: Oh that's very clever, gold Plush.
Speaker 1: This one coming in in the minstable the Nona talk Today. This movie that's on Netflix that we are loving from Karen Morning everyone, a film like I'm a mister Wolfe sending this message. I haven't seen Nonas and was going to watch it on the weekend, but now I know a few things. Christian. You mentioned the funeral. We turned over to a classical music station. I didn't want to hear anymore. I retune after I thought was enough time Pats is talking about recreating his dead recipes, Mum's recipes. I turned back to the classical musical station. Come on literally. In the description on Netflix, right, it says this, after losing his beloved mother, a man risks everything to honor her by opening an Italian restaurant with actual Nonie. Yes, and all this. In the trailer, it's the funeral.
Speaker 5: The first five minutes, everything we've talked about happens.
Speaker 1: It's all there. It's a lot more. The exposition gets out the way. Yes, there are no surprises.
Speaker 4: It's like watching Titanic and saying, oh, come.
Speaker 1: On, keep it quiet. I thought that ship made it. Watch come on. Gargameles like teen Spirit a gold bad case of love and grew silver and Purple Bane, Purple Bank, good too.
Speaker 5: Silver Plus, but I can't go past Brendan. Since you've been Gollum.
Speaker 1: Since you've been Gottum, deserved to winner, Brendan Rudge, You're winning.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We do a feature on the show, an occasional feature called Late the Party. This is where anything you've ever heard us talking about on the show, with you catching up with old shows or podcasts, you can always bring it back whenever you want to. Late Christian, longtime listener for the UK, now listening to you over in Australia and the Gold Podcast. Was watching the BBC News the other evening and immediately thought of your segment on nominative determinism. This is from Mark Hewittson. Thank you very much. Now we do occasionally do a thing called nominative determinism. This is a phenomenon where they believe that if you have a certain name, it will influence your choice of vocation. We've done this before in the show Thinks about two years ago. Haven't listened to these.
Speaker 8: He's a school teacher.
Speaker 1: And her name is nis Kid.
Speaker 2: I had a colins to be by a doctor in Wherby.
Speaker 9: Called the librarian at my kids primary school with missus Reed.
Speaker 10: Mister Page with a book publisher.
Speaker 11: My wife, missus Carol Money, she worked in the bank.
Speaker 12: I know a gastro doctor named doctor.
Speaker 9: But her name is Rosemary and she was a nurse and she married a guy called mister Nurse, so she became nurse nurse.
Speaker 11: Okay, guys, so I've got a maide.
Speaker 13: His name is Will Wall and he's a brick player.
Speaker 1: Will Wall is one of my favorites. Also Carol Money, who's an accountant and then nurse nurse. Anyway, Mark is watching the BBC News and he had this guy.
Speaker 14: The doctor has invented a new way to collect you're in samples, which he hopes will save the NHS time and money, helping the environment.
Speaker 15: It's the brainchild of consultant urologist Nick burns Cox.
Speaker 1: Sorry, who was frustrated to use at least three classical for the Sorry.
Speaker 15: He's a urologist and his name is consultant urologist Nick burns Cox.
Speaker 2: That is that right?
Speaker 1: How's he getting work? You can hear that they know this Mark. This is a great spot. By the way, thank you.
Speaker 14: The doctor has invented a new way to collect. You're in the slight smirks will say the NHS time and money whilst also helping the environment.
Speaker 15: It's the brainchild of consultant urologist Nick burns Cox.
Speaker 1: Who was frustrated emphasizing and it's not the classic for the tests. He knows what is handling like a master comedian and also if he's developed a new way of getting them, Please go easy, sir. With a name like that, please go easy.
Speaker 15: Consultant crologist Nick burns Cox.
Speaker 5: You couldn't be a teacher with that there if you have to go into.
Speaker 1: The surely when people are you know, and it's such a sensitive area of the human and anatomy to have a problem with. And then you hear about the only guy that's available.
Speaker 15: Is consultant heurologist Nick burns Cox.
Speaker 1: Is there anyone else working today? Incredible scenes, So Mark, thank you very much for that. So let's bring it back then, nominative to tournamentism. All we need to know it's a theory about it is your name related to your job? Well, I remember when we first started talking about this in the first year of the show. Someone was seven years ago and the first person that called him was a butcher called Bob Chopp, and he was from a whole line of five generations of chops, all butchers, starting with our guy Bob Chopp. That's what That's one that always stays with me. So is your name related to your job?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now on the show, then we're talking about a thing called nominative determinism, a theory created by Carl Jung. I believe, And yeah, this is the only breakfast show in town where you'll get a Carl Young reference. I know Fifi does a lot of Carl Young stuff, but I'm more of a freud man. It means name driven outcome, that your name will influence the choice you have on some subconscious level to the work you go into. The butcher Bob Chop, stomach surgeon Christian I had as a child. His name was I swear to God. This is true, Doctor Mark Slaughter. Oh, I mean that is a nominative determinism. If that was a serial killer, it's the theory being proved. He had no choice, had no choice but to be a butcher.
Speaker 5: Your honor nominative.
Speaker 1: This has come from one of you seeing on TV in the UK earlier this week in The Evening All the Way in the UK this feature, which he's done a couple of years ago called nominative determinism. Is your job or it might be someone you know? Linked to the name, link to the job.
Speaker 14: The doctor has invented a new way to collect. You're in he hopes will save the NHS time and money, whilst also helping the environment.
Speaker 15: It's the brainchil of consultant urologist Nick Burns Cox, who was frustrated having.
Speaker 1: To use at least three frustrate with his flipper tastes.
Speaker 5: Is there a new way to collect? Yes, you're just pissing the cup.
Speaker 1: No you don't. No, no, no, no, no, come on no, he's obviously developed a new way burning obviously by the son of his name, burning people. All right, let's get some calls now, Darrell, Darryl, Darrell, Derell, Okay, and Durrell. Is that a mixture of two names together? That red I've never heard that name before.
Speaker 16: Hi morning, Christian Pets and Jeff here are you going down?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We're great. Yeah, Drell, what an amazing name.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you?
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I used to work in theater on a nurse and I used to work with a cardiac surgeon and his name was mister harsh Perf.
Speaker 1: This is what we're talking about, doctor Heart. Yeah, I've heard about here in Melbourne as well, Dr Spark, who is a consultant cardialosist that actually has treated several heartlesseners.
Speaker 5: Bits of people take him seriously.
Speaker 1: I would say I would be reassured because you're a heart guy by name and just action.
Speaker 5: He sounds a bit like a joker. I think i'd want someone with someone that's taking a bit more seriously. Mister Hart. You think maybe he just stumbles into surgeon.
Speaker 2: Not at all.
Speaker 1: No, not doctor Heart. No, it's children's TV character as well. Yeah, well said Derell this younger generation. Respect from a man of science. Thank you to real good on.
Speaker 13: You have a great guy, guys, have a great guy.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Sorry, it doesn't matter, have a great guy in the whatever you want to do to have a great day, have a great guy with a day, have a great guy. You no time for chit chat about that name? Is it a combination of Diane and Narel or Darryl?
Speaker 6: Maybe Darryl maybe, but it could have been.
Speaker 4: Is it going to be a girl or Daryl, we like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a beautiful name. It is a love. Can you get Darrell back salking his ask her again about her name. In the meantime, let's go to Conn. Good morning Conn, Good morning Christian, Good morning morning Conn. Welcome to the show. Thanks for joining us this morning. Now, con, So, what do you know about someone whose name is related to their job?
Speaker 13: Okay, so it is me. I was a bus driver for twenty years. Wanted to get out. My wife said, oh, I just got a number off a truck. Game and McCall went for an interview, got the job and the the name of the company is Conchie's Theory.
Speaker 1: And you're canm so and I'm con wow, it was calling you. It's a side. It's a very specific sign only for you can't absolute And you.
Speaker 5: Just got the number off a truck, on the side of a truck.
Speaker 1: How many of us can say that they're in a job now they've got the number off the side of the truck. I'm all for this. Who needs LinkedIn? Let's take it old school?
Speaker 10: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Con All right, thanks you cool, have a good day, Thank you, bye bye, Golden Narrel. Yet, Darrell, are you going to beat Darrell. Is she back on yet? She having a good guy?
Speaker 4: Is trying on the phone.
Speaker 1: She got off the phone from us. It's busy, isn't she?
Speaker 5: She's very busy?
Speaker 1: Rore Okay, Andy, good morning, I'm good Andy. Have you having a good week so far? So name related to job, Andy.
Speaker 18: Well, I've work for a guy. His name is Rob Sewers, was in charge of the sewer maintenance team.
Speaker 1: Best one so far. This is incredible. It's incredible. The name again and he Rob Sewers, Yes, but it was.
Speaker 18: The Portuguese spelling. Yeah, it's just like sewer. So he was in charge of the sewer maintenance, gotcha.
Speaker 1: That's right. I was once served by a waiter in a bar in Portugal whose name tag is spelled Jesus. Right, So I was like, yeah, I was, I'm tipping this guy. You just never know, he never know. It's the second Coming. This is a real Jesus move to come back as Jesus. And how would I really treat Jesus slash Jesus. I see you, my savior, and I'm giving you a good tip as well.
Speaker 5: You don't want to get to the pearly well, actually, yeah.
Speaker 1: I recognize you. Oh my gods, you called me back down? Hell with you? You're not a Christian anyway. Nominative determinism. No, Darrell's back Darrell. Yes, I love your name. Isn't a mixture of Darryl and NoREL.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 16: No, my mum when she was younger, christ was quite unwell and I got named after her when she was in the Royal Children. So I was named after her. Right when I went was in high school she became she was a textiles teacher and she was actually the worst teacher I ever had.
Speaker 13: And this dodgy.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: So let's me somehow move further away from the truth. But how do you go from the rail to Drell.
Speaker 8: That's just what my mother.
Speaker 16: Called because she knew this lady when she was in the Royal Childress, her best friend. Because she started in her children the long period of.
Speaker 6: Time her name, she's going to start this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you mentioned I get all of it. It makes complete Saints hang up for Christian O'Connell. Sh go on podcast Good Morning, It's to Christian O'Connell show. We never leave a callder down. But you say, Caitlin, who does speak the language of the Bogans has called Darrell back. She's like our kind of Osland interpreter for Bogans Osbo.
Speaker 7: It's true, it makes complete sense. So what happened was her mother was in hospital when she was a kid. She met this other lady who was lovely and her name was Darell, and she thought, God, I love that name, and that's why she named her daughter Durell.
Speaker 1: Years later, what was his textiles lady?
Speaker 6: So years later.
Speaker 7: She's in high school and she meets the Darrell she was named after her who ended up her textile teacher.
Speaker 1: And she was, oh, the odd I know, incredible, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: Incredible story.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, so Darrell was a terrible textile teacher.
Speaker 4: But she met her.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that's what she meant by she was a terrible textile teacher. The woman she was named after, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Not that great work interpreter. All right, now back to names related to jobs, Thank you very much, Sarah. Christian had locksmith come out change all the locks in my house. His name was Ian Locke. Christian I worked for a popcorn manufacturer. The warehouse manager's surname is colonel as in K E R N E. Oh sorry, K E R N E L. That's Craig and Cranburn. Christian. Our manager in our electrical division is Phil Watts, spelled as in what that's incredible? Yes, yes, Christian. I once worked with a zoo keeper called Tristan Bird. I hope he's in charge of the birdhouse. The avery's Christian. My name is Clinton. I had prostate cancer and lost full use of my manhood. Incredible for sharing the story. I met a doctor who literally changed my life. He point implant in his name, Dr Christopher Love. Oh wow, that's incredible. I'm glad every think is okay, Clint, thank you for sharing that. Christian. In the mid nineties at Melbourne Water, the boss was called Tony Crapper. Oh come on, is that right? You had me on Tony Crapper.
Speaker 4: There's a couple actually at Melbourne Water.
Speaker 3: I remember one of their PR guys back in the early two thousands.
Speaker 4: His surname was Drinkwater.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wasn't it only Drinkwater. I think it was the former CEO before it got sold off.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, I think so Water need PR.
Speaker 1: I get press releases from the water companies. All I get it.
Speaker 5: It's good.
Speaker 1: We need it like what else do pr works everywhere?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't stop.
Speaker 1: There was an apprentice jockey in the eighties Christian Australa called a prentice the Philippines Catholic Church. A couple of years ago, I had a cardinal called Cardinal sin. Oh, that's actually terrifying. That is actually terrifying, Peter. I'm going to ask, how do you know this here in Glen Iris there? How do you know about the goings on in the Philippines Catholic Churt Sir Christian, I have a friend who is a doctor called doctor Payne.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show one podcast.
Speaker 1: Store your names related to jobs come pouring in. Leanne Banker. Leanne Banker has listened to the show right now. He used to work in a bank as a bank teller. Leanne bank Of course, of course you had no choice. Christianis who work for Arnot's Snack Food. Years ago we had June Crisp work in there, and also Bruce Baker. Thank you very much, Meredith. Christian. I used to work with a gastro enterologist called Joshua. But that's unfortunately, this is the third mention I've seen actually of the great work of mister sorry, doctor Joshua. But Christian, I had to go and see and was consulted by a brilliant neurogist, doctor Brain. Christian, he was destined. Why of you sent me a lict book about clinical neurology written by a lord brain, not a doctor, a lord brain. Many years ago, Christian, we had a plumber come out and his name was Dwayne Pipe. That's my favorite one of the mornings so far to Ayne Pipe.
Speaker 2: Let's leave it there, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Earlier on this morning. Perhaps he was talking about going to a bank yesterday to her daughter's banking and Dolomite accounts came up. Christian, I'm thirty nine years old, still have my Dolomite account. I'm known as the most loyal customer. I even built my first home with the savings. Well, the deposit Dolomites got me my house. I don't know how how many That is simply not true. I doubt that.
Speaker 4: Maybe if he bought it in the eighties with like.
Speaker 1: A fourth lego house, a little kiddies windy house and Bobly garden, but shortly an actual house. Yesterd on a show, we had this great call from Laurie.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my grade four teacher was named John Sheppard.
Speaker 1: He taught me a really good mess trick. If I can multiply any two digit number boy eleven.
Speaker 13: In my head as quick as you can do it on the calculator, all.
Speaker 1: Right, twenty eight times eleven.
Speaker 2: That's three hundred night eight times eleven, three hundred eight.
Speaker 1: It's an impressive trick. So what do you still remember from school? Time goes by? Decodes go by, But some of that stuff is still in there. Not much benefit, but you still remember.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 1: Actually often more easy to retrieve those data files and actual stuff like family member's phone numbers.
Speaker 2: Nuts.
Speaker 1: I still don't know her phone number. Every time we're like and we just need to put a Mexic on time?
Speaker 2: Who at your number?
Speaker 1: How can you not know the kids? Young people? They know my number off by heart. What would you do if you're in trouble. It's fifty two year old dude, I'd be okay. I will be wondering the streets. Crime my mummy. It's not my wife.
Speaker 5: It is suspicious.
Speaker 1: It is suspicious. Don't cry more rumors to held Sundry back on this. Everything is fine? Is any hoozy woozy what it was talking about? What do you still remember from school?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Obviously a long time ago for you, Patsy.
Speaker 6: Whused to love.
Speaker 1: It's spinning that hoop down the road with that stick.
Speaker 3: We didn't have slates and hammer things. What did they use back in the Testament times? Slates of to write? I remember not they southwest? Never eat soggy wheat picks.
Speaker 1: Never eat shredded wheat. Naughty elephants, square water. That's what kids say to me. That's how if I was ever lost, that's what I'd remember it and saved myself. Imagines how bad grills does it? Naughty elephants squirt water? Real? What do you remember from school?
Speaker 5: A couple?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 5: It is necessary for me to wear one collar and two socks. There's one sea necessary and two socks. Can never remember? Which is it?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 5: Two seasons?
Speaker 1: Spell business? Correctly? Where are you doubling up with that s?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: Of course that politician? Now, yes, exactly, Susan, it's actually two s's and the other one.
Speaker 5: In geography in like U nine, they led us to believe that we really needed to know the difference between staalark tights and stalk right.
Speaker 1: One come from the ceiling of a cave. One come the floor.
Speaker 5: Yes, tights tights go down, but they might come up. That's it is that stalin tights, stetic tights go down from the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Stalk mtes go up, go up, Stanlic mights go up, Stalic mights go up. Startic tights come down. Yes, correct, norty elephants square water gets together. Now re educate Melbourne. But Kaitlyn, what do you remember from school? Certainly know how to spell, but.
Speaker 7: Please me, they were spelling so business. The one that can help you is buzzy nurs so b u s I and E double s buzzy.
Speaker 1: Because you are a bus, a bus missus shu shan susan, No shou shan. I am the leader, the elected one shou shan.
Speaker 4: And then the other one that.
Speaker 7: I learned was the difference between how to spell desert and dessert because they're so similar. You want two desserts, not two deserts.
Speaker 1: Oh I love, that's ready to go. That's oil fresh. I'm taking that with me. I don't know where I'll ever use it. Can I have the menu please for putting two of one?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: What do you remember from school? Give us a call.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: What do you still remember from school? I think the only thing I can remember is colours in the rainbow. Richard of York gained battle in Vain. Well, that is an essential life skill. At any moment, I could be stopped during this radio show and someone demands to know the order of the colors in the rainbow, and I will not be found one ting i' have you ready for that day? I am ready. Richard of your gave battle in Vain battle. Yes, it sticks in there, yeah, nauughty elephants.
Speaker 5: Oh that is great.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see find out for what our listeners? Then, what do you still remember from school? Leone? Good morning? How are you? I'll tell you what you need. It's a little a monomic, right, not about spelling, but to put the people through. Let the people speak, I always say, they're trying to get in between us, Leone, Leoni Hello again.
Speaker 10: Hello, Hello. So I remember from school how to spell stationary correctly. So the ending e r y is like for paper and office supplies, just the same spelling as paper.
Speaker 1: I think it's not. I think it's rye for stationary isn't it.
Speaker 7: No, No.
Speaker 10: Is like car So we do something sitting still?
Speaker 5: I have an easy way to remember that we were taught.
Speaker 1: Oh it's been a man's plaining. How dare you? The listener is always right?
Speaker 5: I promise you this is simpler. He is the envelope, A is for sitting on your ass?
Speaker 2: Is good?
Speaker 1: I love that, Leoni? Do you want to start learning that one?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 10: Never, I could say, as on the radio.
Speaker 1: Going to Young Rio apparently a producer.
Speaker 6: You can the second one today?
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right, Patsy keep a note as well. Okay, threatening Leoni, thank you very much for calling. Who we got here? Julia? Put her through? Julia?
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 1: Are you there?
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Good stuff, Judy, I'm very good, Judy. What do you still remember from school?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 8: I remember two things. The first one is how to tell the difference between principle, like having a principle and the principal, the head of the school, because the principal of the school is your pal, because you've.
Speaker 10: Finished it with pa, that's a great yes, yeah.
Speaker 8: And the other one is the classic of how to remember how many days in each month of the year, So thirty days has September, April, June, and November. All the rest have thirty one except for February alone, which has twenty eight and twenty nine each week year.
Speaker 1: How have you remembered that? That sounds so complicated? The team has changed me because I said, you don't need to know this stuff. They went how many days September? I went thirty? When they went you need to remember this? Why I got a canda on my phone. That does it for me. I've outsourced my intelligence. Julia, thank you very much for giving us a call. Thank you, bye Enya.
Speaker 5: She did an extra by it. You can only do so many buyers.
Speaker 1: Take it easy. You either not put them through or you're trapped dooring them and you're sorry about this. We've got a couple of peeplates running the show today. It's my thing of helping the next generation get a leg up. Any good morning, morning, guys, morning, and you're welcome to show. So, Anya, what do you still remember from school?
Speaker 12: So in geography, coordinates on the map have to read them along the corridor, so like along the line and then up the stairs. So you go up the access that's going from the bottom to the top along the corridor, up the stairs.
Speaker 5: What's the corridor? Yeah, along along the corridor?
Speaker 1: Corridor, what is the corridor you're referring to?
Speaker 12: Any corridor.
Speaker 1: Become it's not falling out over the corridor, please, So any corridor going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So any coordinates in a corridor.
Speaker 12: In geography, when you're reading a map, coordinate maps before we had Google Maps.
Speaker 7: And all that.
Speaker 12: You go along the corridor, so you go along the bottom like a corridor, and then you go up the stairs, so you go up from the top to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I get it. Sorry, we're a little bit slower of hearing and intelligence, maybe more that one actually, So where you end up on a job like this? All right, don't laugh that hard at that? Okay, Enya, thank you very much. Have a good day. Bye. Cookie? Is this cookie?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Gooday? Guys?
Speaker 11: Here are you going?
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome show cookie. So what do you remember from schoolmate?
Speaker 11: It's a little Ryan to spell beautiful and I take you to all my nephews and naces and things, and so I'm fifty to morrow, so I'm about your vintage Christian.
Speaker 1: So well, welcome to the club. And what a club type? Two diabilities around the corner statings maybe the Over the Hill Club. It's the it's the best years of our lives, prime, prime.
Speaker 11: Looking forward to it, mate, looking forward to it. So it's the spell Beautiful and it was missus B, Missus missus au T, missus I, missus.
Speaker 1: F L and I play that. Ah my god. It's like jay Z's wrapping on the show to us right now. It's got ninety nine problem for eight one ain't one of them. No problems, got it now? So it's your fiftieth tomorrow. What are you doing to celebrate this? It's a milestone.
Speaker 11: Yeah, doing a few things with the family. And I've got quite a big for My wife's got quite a big family. So just the casual thirty seven people around the dining table sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Now, what sort of dining table you need? Three or four? You know, you have to beg Barry's still and they're never on the same height. You've dread being on one of those low ones. To the kids and that and the outlying family members. I'm always there, even.
Speaker 11: In my own family and the add ons and the plus one.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, happy birthday for tomorrow. Fifty is a great age. Jokes aside, it's a great age I love being this part of my life. You see things very differently. You're really you'll learn, you will learn to enjoy it. How do you feel about turning fifty?
Speaker 11: A bit nervous and a little bit with a bit of trepidation, But you know, what can you do? Time marches on? Doesn't it?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But also you also got to sit this way. We're lucky to have made it this far in life, agreed, agreed. Serious, you're lucky to have all those thirty seven hangers on and family members there tomorrow.
Speaker 11: You know, we made it through the nineties as young twenty year old.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yes, all of that. Yeah, well, look back at all of your life. That's what I would say this weekend. It's a celebration. It's a miracle to still be alive sometimes. And also now listen tomorrow the show. We're pulling out all the big guns at the moment. It's very competitive breakfast radio. At the moment. I'm giving away one hundred chop tops. You heard me, that's right, I'm crazy. I'm going to give you the first one now because you might not be listening to myrow iss your fiftieth you, sir, just won a very early birthday.
Speaker 11: Chop top excellent, thank you very much. And what a great way to try and give the weight off.
Speaker 5: In my right.
Speaker 1: Don't have that on certain type two diabetes. Go for a run after you've had it, okay, thanks, all right, Hey, happy birthday for tomorrow day.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, It is on, What's on? It is on?
Speaker 5: Do you have a name that's a pain? A name you always need to explain well with men?
Speaker 1: My name as in games Every Thursday, you play along, we compete what is it? It's a probably the most play alongable, shoutable show on the radio. You're screaming, it's.
Speaker 2: This is this?
Speaker 1: Why can't you get it? If you've got one of those names, it's a bit tricky. You'll have developed over the years an easy one line when you go no, as in you tell someone how to spell your name, what your name is? We hear your clue, We try and guess your name. This is how it went last week. Welcome to the name game. Caller one, my name as in royal gun, roy gun, cannon, Nope.
Speaker 5: Bazooka, queen, pistol, no, king shot.
Speaker 1: Yes, caller two, Good morning.
Speaker 12: My last name as in germs ikey.
Speaker 1: Sickness illness no e coal line, No, we're out of time. We're not, but without time, true ty. Call of three. Welcome to the name game as in surname like the coffee beans.
Speaker 6: No Russell Hobbes, call of three?
Speaker 1: What's the answer? Bar Buck? Okay, so calling now to play? Maybe you stump the show. Give us a call thirteen fifty five twenty two before we get to that, though, my friends, it is on now. Patsy is a superstar. However, at this game, you struggle. Let's be honest. You just you struggle.
Speaker 4: You stronger suits correct.
Speaker 6: Jack usually pips it. He's a superstar. At this game.
Speaker 1: It's between Jack and I. You're never really in the mix, and sadly you lost. So bady. Last week you went to the team to ask the engineers if there was something wrong with your headphones. Which week you're still guessing there, You're just guessing wrong. So what you were miming?
Speaker 4: No, I legitimately could not hear the calls.
Speaker 1: That great the rest of the show chirping away.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know. Maybe it's you your button pushing the bus.
Speaker 1: Did you have controller? As you know, is your one mister, No, no, I just know maybe you can pick up the trail here. Yes, so she sent you an email angrily, well.
Speaker 5: She angrily every single one of the producers last week at sixteen A.
Speaker 1: Eight sixteen during the show producing.
Speaker 5: This morning, I've had trouble, clearly clearly clearing some of the name game callers, and it's impacted my performance. Please, as a matter of urgency, investigate this the text that investigated and said, Patsy, sorry, we've found no.
Speaker 1: Issue with the lines.
Speaker 5: Will we appreciate your concern?
Speaker 6: Okay, look, I'm not from this segment.
Speaker 1: You jumped yourself phone. No, no, no, this is what we're going to do. I've got to get you back in the game now. I know what motivates you is getting your grubby little paws on those two ACRA Radio awards. As producer, Kat and go and find them. Bring him into Patsy studio right now to motivate you. Own it. Be the awards, be the awards, Awaken the winning Patrina Jones, the power away. Love it now. You hold them like boxing gloves. Come at me, come back.
Speaker 2: It is on, is it?
Speaker 1: Pats Let's go all right, call in right now to play in this Clash of the Titans thirteen fifty five, twenty two. Patsy just checking. Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I can hear you?
Speaker 1: Rings a play?
Speaker 2: Okay, The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 1: Podcast, maces are loaded energy, high performance level locked in. That's me. Can you hear me in there?
Speaker 4: I'm super charged in here and I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: Got the accus in the left and right pause. You're right, Come at me, Come at me.
Speaker 2: It is on.
Speaker 1: It's on God one O four point three, Christian O'Connor Show, Can Loggins. All right, let's do this the name game, as in you come on the air. I don't know your name, Patsy, and I take it from trying to guess what your name is from that one line clue you've developed because you've got one of those tricky names. Pats You're ready to go. Let's go already, okay, let's do this first. Good morning and welcome to the name game, as in caller one, my name.
Speaker 6: As in Bob down your uncle, haircut Hawkins, Bob Bob.
Speaker 1: Bob to Bob Bob effect.
Speaker 4: Can we have another hint?
Speaker 6: Bob singer singer Seega.
Speaker 1: Yes, headphones again? Are we on? Air. Good morning, it's Monday morning. Well done, Patsy, a strong start.
Speaker 4: It's a great name too, by the way, yea it is, yeah.
Speaker 1: Bob, thank you very much for calling caller too. Welcome to the name game.
Speaker 6: Hello, Patsy should.
Speaker 4: Get this one.
Speaker 8: So it's my surname.
Speaker 16: And the clue is chicken.
Speaker 6: Nope, roast nope, chicken Kentucky just gives cage.
Speaker 1: Chicken and eggs chick, chicken, chick chick chick.
Speaker 6: Range No another clue, yeah, kernel canel.
Speaker 1: Wow, wanna piece's tent at the moment, call a three, Good morning, call the three. Welcome to the name game.
Speaker 9: You gorew morning, Patsy.
Speaker 1: You've got to get this one.
Speaker 12: This is my first name.
Speaker 11: No, no, you're going to get it.
Speaker 12: My first names in.
Speaker 6: Chat feline pussy cat.
Speaker 1: Literature feral, blue eyed Siamese Piccanese first name kitty cat. Wow, well done, producers, you've given give me one, give her three. I get it. I get it. Bigger picture, guys, I can't hear you. Who said that? Get those engineers? Hey?
Speaker 12: Call the three is the things that often get called kitty instead.
Speaker 1: Of called what excuse that? Okay?
Speaker 4: Can you do that wrong?
Speaker 6: That's a name.
Speaker 1: Thank you, caller three, Thank you very much, have a good day, caller four. Welcome to the name game.
Speaker 12: As in, it's a surname to body parts, the.
Speaker 1: Bone, eyebrow's face. There's two body pops ford leg head head leg no.
Speaker 6: Leg, give us a hint to body pops part of the.
Speaker 17: Leg, ankle, heel, to big toe, achilles heel.
Speaker 12: What's the toe attached to?
Speaker 6: What's the water attached achilles?
Speaker 1: No toe, big toe, little toe, all the toes? Yeah no, what did you say? She isn't the foot?
Speaker 12: A foot is the first part and then the next part.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I think about the operation. Now go around foot, ankle, big toe, little toe, a pi app ankle, achilles heel.
Speaker 11: Another clue.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so it's another name for a breath.
Speaker 1: Oh had rest? Yeah no, I give up kids, your name is foot tip. It was changed. Now are you now what your meaning?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: What did you change it to?
Speaker 6: Bordado?
Speaker 1: Right? That made so much Patsy, So we play one last round next. At the moment it is two to one to Patsy. Everything to play for Christian O'Connell show go on post gardening bands, gardening bands to the sorry gardening movies. We have a problem my life's work seven hours on it's yesterday. You mean we're not going to get to hear about Hedge Sheeran, Midnight Soil moltch Box.
Speaker 5: We can still don't.
Speaker 1: I will be very busy during Patsy's news, and normally I take notes to know what's happening in the world and stuff like that, you know, But I'm afraid enough to slip this one out. Listeners, can you send me some oh my word, wow weed. It is on two one two Patsy scenes at the moment poist, is there a buzzer beat in the one pound pom? Who knows? All right, let's find out final round for the name game as in caller one. Welcome to the name game as in second and find a round this morning.
Speaker 16: My first name as in traffic lights Amber?
Speaker 1: Stop?
Speaker 6: Who is Amber?
Speaker 1: Amber? It's over?
Speaker 17: It's not.
Speaker 1: It now? Come back? Okay, cooler too, Good morning, Welcome to the name game. Good morning.
Speaker 16: My surname is in chewing gum Wrigley.
Speaker 5: You knew it.
Speaker 6: That was great, you guessed it.
Speaker 1: We're here at the same time three two whatever. You're nervous.
Speaker 4: Why would I be nervous.
Speaker 1: Another loss coming a little bit.
Speaker 4: Don't you get on the bandway?
Speaker 1: Have you still got those acres? Or they slipped out of your grass and someone else come to get them?
Speaker 5: Whatever your now.
Speaker 1: I'm living rent free on your hand. I'm in your kitchen, making myself and nice. She said it, in your kitchen.
Speaker 2: You can get out of my kitchen.
Speaker 1: I'm already in there. Can't get out. I can't make me sorry. Grown us on the radio every morning, six.
Speaker 16: Or nine, call a three, Good morning, all three.
Speaker 1: It's all on you, my friend.
Speaker 10: Hello, my first name as in bread.
Speaker 1: Sour dough, tip top, brown granary loaf.
Speaker 4: Toast loaf, No has in bread toast.
Speaker 1: Toast sour dough, wonder slice sliced cinnamon. No other tops of bread are there?
Speaker 2: I'm wondering.
Speaker 1: I'm now in the bread are what do I see? Hell?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: She draws even wow? Is it something to celebrate?
Speaker 17: You?
Speaker 1: Match me? Real? Is one more? Is there one more before we go to the news or is it officially a draw?
Speaker 4: One more? Let's do it?
Speaker 1: Have we got one more? Producers? Is there one more? Yeah? We're just putting a caller through live right now. We've got the former afl umpires producing the show today over the place we've given I've given them jobs of scoop them. Finally available another caller, Kayden, talk to me? Who do we have?
Speaker 7: We are struggling to.
Speaker 10: Get a caller.
Speaker 7: You can hear Tina in the background trying to speak to someone.
Speaker 2: Not right now? Do we have a caller?
Speaker 4: Yes, we've got a caller here.
Speaker 1: This is live radio. Tina. Word don Tina? That part of the dream Tina? I told you million times. Caller four? Good morning, hello caller four. Well done? Right, have you got a good clue? We are tied here? Three apiece again for the ages.
Speaker 16: Bring a cat without the gn.
Speaker 6: I didn't you hear that? See what I mean?
Speaker 9: Bring the cat without the G.
Speaker 1: Bring a cat without the G.
Speaker 6: Oh oh bring it?
Speaker 1: Just forget it. This is called it a g Tina, not great Mate, not the dream Tina.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 1: All roads lead to Bendigo. In life, all past lead to the Promised Land, otherwise known as Bendigo. What better way to celebrate all this great about Bendigo than a fiesta. Welcome to Fiesta Bendigo, celebrating amazing artist actually Freda Carlo at the Beautiful Art Gallery in Bendigo until July the thirteenth for the best in show to Know on the time Wastter, you win a trip to Bendigo. We're paying for fuel hundred dollars fuel voucher, three hundred dollars Bendigo Torres and voucher. You've won the golden ticket where you're going to go. Choose your own bend Egan adventure. Use on any accommodation or restaurants in Bendigo. Well, my wife and I went for the weekend to Bendigo last year and maze. She got some great wineries there as well. Heathcut. Yes, we went to Wild Ducker State. My god, they do some amazing wines there. They do this wine that's about twenty five bucks that tastes like a mega mega expensive Bolloway. It's the one we were drinking at the team lunch a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Oh that was great.
Speaker 1: That wasn't charged at twenty five bucks to us. A little bit of a mark up there, my right. Restaurants any hoo'sy great price. You're off to Bendigo. When we went out for dinner on the first night, I ordered some garlic bread and the lady take Mardi goes ooh fancy, Oh my god. Hello, someone's from the continent. We got a player out there tonight. She sorted garlet bad for him and his lady friend. All right, so I knew this yesterday, but it's definitely garden movies, garden movies. This world Garden Week, Tasmanian woman has taken up the first ever Ugliest Garden in the World competition. The sweetest judges scowed the Oh you judges, take your ikea flat pack and go and name Kathleen Murray's Tasmanian back lawn a soulful but definitely hideous. Now Murray, who won this amazing awards, is playing a state of the lawn on her ex husband who got the lawn mower in theirs.
Speaker 2: What a story.
Speaker 1: I feel like checking my little Iobi and the charging pack over there and doing it for her, Poor Kathleen. All right, we're looking for your gardening movies. These were compiled in the last few minutes.
Speaker 5: You've done very well.
Speaker 1: You haven't heard them yet. No malone, no malone, Look hose four king, excuse me, look those.
Speaker 5: For double Norse.
Speaker 1: You don't want to say that too quickly. Earth Girls are not easy. I'll tell you who are earthworks? Like karaoke there thinking about this one girls, ten things I rake about you? Sylvia, Hey, we so fum deadlights and my god, they love it gardeners they loves loans. That's right. His favorite movie is Rockery three.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 1: They're the Golden Rio. What have you got gardening movies?
Speaker 5: Sevens in the garden?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's she doing?
Speaker 5: It's James Pond. That's good. That's good. Shakespeare's in the garden. Oh yeah, mulcha do about nothing? Okay, now we're in the gold Town okay, gold Adam Sandler's in the gardeners.
Speaker 1: What's a Sam Man doing out there?
Speaker 5: It's mister Weed's.
Speaker 1: Mister Wee Silfa, yeah, obvious.
Speaker 5: And finally there's a who I don't know who's in this movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hot Shrub time Machine, Hot Shrub time Machine.
Speaker 2: Gold.
Speaker 1: Okay, what have you got them? Gardening movies? Oh? Four some five O three one O four three? Good luck? When Mark next?
Speaker 2: The Christian o'connal show? Vodka?
Speaker 1: Why should you join us tomorrow morning? Do I need to tell you you should always be joining us. However, tomorrow, I have chok tops to give away. Ninety nine. I don't know why it's nineteen. I was just anyway. Ninety nine is too many? Actually, ninety nine chock tops. You would a chop top? You okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, you in the background. You don't even listen? You would a chop top? How do I give away these chok tops? Is there anyone anyone out there who can hear my cries?
Speaker 5: Is this it's me, chocktop Man?
Speaker 1: I thought it was all alone in this.
Speaker 5: No, I've got too many chop tops, Christian, I've got one hundred to give away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you were listening early, catch on the podcast. Okay, that Richard who's fifty tomorrow, he said he couldn't listen, so I've given him one. It's ninety nine. Chock Top Man got ninety nine chop tops to give away. Oh my god, I can't wait right now, change mics right now, Rio, please mark the time wasters, gardening movies, child gardening movies. Okay you ready to mark? Yes? Ready now? Okay? We got Austin Flowers, Oh gold Shan of the Shed, gold Os, we did it, rake it, Ralph Silver, the Big Lee Skowsky bronze.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 1: I love this one. Shane kung Fu Agapanthus, Oh, very very good gold. The cost has always ring twice the gold. Four weadings and a funeral silver. Jerry Manure bront and digging in the rain. Who is the winner this morning?
Speaker 5: Shane kung Fu Aga Panthers.
Speaker 1: That's the one. We're back tomorrow, nineteen ninep.
Speaker 2: You heard it here first The Christian O'Connell Show podcast