Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast brought to.
Speaker 2: You, coming to you with quite a sum of mood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, pick it up? What's that?
Speaker 2: Just wave a tightness came over me. I think I need a coffee, fie.
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 4: Your chocolate, your chocolates, the chocolates you bought just for this chockets.
Speaker 2: No, I don't feel like chocolate. I haven't felt like chocolate that much this week.
Speaker 3: What's going on for me?
Speaker 2: I think I'm like finding excitement elsewhere. Oh it'll come back. Eight half a block yesterday? Okay, tasted pretty good. Gotta get the craving out. I'm on my marble bent lately, cadbritty quality marble with a Cara milk flavorway. Well, you know you don't like it. You don't like Cara milk. The caramelk in the marble is called because it takes away the absolute sacchereneness of the caramel. It's your favorite chocolate.
Speaker 4: I don't have a favorite chocolate, but if I had to pick, it would be no kick, no bounty or tim tam if it had double the filling and less of the biscuit.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, double the coating.
Speaker 4: No, double the filling like that Ganashi whipped moosey more of that and then less of the biscuit between the chocolate coating.
Speaker 2: I don't think that exists.
Speaker 4: Say yeah it doesn't because I thought double coat. I just like herd double double filling. Double coat is not what I want either.
Speaker 2: I love the double coat. They're very satisfying.
Speaker 1: I disagree Fleck and Foms.
Speaker 2: I was perusing the gram but a few days ago and one of my friends, he's a new friend, put on his story a picture of him with an ice cream. It was a Sunday, so he had little Sunday ice cream moment. Great and I wanted to reply, oh my god, that looks delicious, because he was saying he got Boys and Berry and he said that Messina is better than Peter Pipo.
Speaker 3: What's Peter Pipo.
Speaker 2: It's a Melbourne ice cream but small business, so they're both fantastic. So Peter Pepper has this some like Ntella stuff that they put over the top. That's warm, delicious, and then click on the next slide. What is it? It's the ice cream on the ground. He's dropped his ice cream.
Speaker 4: A shame, but it happens often. I see that on Instagram. A lot more than you'd think.
Speaker 2: It's like a bird shooting on you. But it doesn't give you any good luck. No, So I replied to him, Oh my god, I was excited for you. I'm so sorry. Yeah, because he looked really it was like a pig and shit in the first picture. He replied, Yeah, and the guy that bought me that, the guy that knocked me this was one of those. It was an attack, bought me another one, but only brought me one scoop.
Speaker 3: Aha, it's cutting caught that a dog behavior.
Speaker 4: If you're knocking someone's whatever, they drink, their ice, their food out of their hand, you have to double up. It's you replace with interest. You don't just replace what I lost, because what about the emotional impact of losing it in the first place.
Speaker 2: Embarrassment?
Speaker 3: Many two scoops.
Speaker 2: Add a little something, a little flake in it. Yeah, so this is the perfect Am I the asshole in real time art?
Speaker 3: Next?
Speaker 2: I want to know, does the guy is it the guy's let's let's make it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think if you knock someone do you have to buy them a drink or an ice cream? Do you give them money? Or do you just say, look, it's your fault.
Speaker 4: And let's put some more parameters out there so people can't be like, well, it just depends on the situation.
Speaker 3: Shut up.
Speaker 4: Parameters are you are you are walking down a main road and you've knocked somebody's boost juice their little messina because you were on your phone. Like if clearly you're in the wrong, no two ways about it. It's it's a shame it's happened, but it's on the floor. There's no recovering it. You're looking at them, You're looking at what you've done.
Speaker 3: What is the next protocol?
Speaker 2: Listen, I think that's pretty obvious. What about this one? Okay, they walk into you accidentally, they don't on their phone. They just like you just both bump each other, so it's we don't know, it's a mutual Oh yeah, classic, classic.
Speaker 4: I think depending on how upset they are, you know, if immediately they're hitting you, you would like, oh god, you know, then you definitely got to offer a little something, you know, because it's gonna be a confrontation. If they're like, oh, you know, it happens, it's so fine, they just leave it because there's nothing worse than going back and forth. Be like, oh, no, I'm gonna like no, no, no, no, I'm not doing it. Okay, it's mutual, let's just let it go.
Speaker 2: See, I'm the opposite if they were really nice and say listen, no more. If so, I'm gonna go get one. Whereas if they're shitty with me, I'd say listen, I'm sorry because they're already shitty. Oh okay, and I don't want to go out of my way and buy them two double deck of ice cream for them. You'd be like yeah, thanks and still be shitty. I was in a similar situation last weekend when mate my mates at a bar and there was this new friend who literally just got in from London, like he literally like a long haul fly, and he sits down at the pub and everybody wanted to leave because they're going to a gieg. So my mate, who's friends of them, was like, go have his beer. He's out having a cigarette, have his beer because we're gonna leave. I sit down, I'm having the beer. He comes in and goes, where's my beer?
Speaker 4: You're knocking it back, and I look at the fact that you took it as well. You didn't wait to verify the information was true. You're like, oh yeah, it seems about right.
Speaker 2: They literally were just like, yeah, you have it, you have it.
Speaker 3: There, we're gonna go. And then so what happened. There was a confrontation.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh my god, I'm sorry. And before that, i'd introduced myself to him, like five minutes before before he went out, and like I walked into the table and I was we hung over, so I was like acting weird. Yeah, you weren't giving and I was like, oh my god, hey I'm Lucinda, and he kind of looked at me like why are you just introducing yourself to me?
Speaker 3: I was already well, what do you mean? Is this the social anxiety coming through?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Na, No, it was a weird vibe.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 3: And then you drank his drinking make sure you really didn't like me, And then what happened?
Speaker 2: Then they went off for agig and I just said, look, next time, I won't, I won't drink.
Speaker 3: You drink next time. There was no next time, it's too much. I can't. Yeah, yeah, you're silly, babe.
Speaker 4: They set you up. I don't know that was a trap, and I don't like set ups at all. So let me fight those friends on behalf of you, just for the principal's.
Speaker 1: Sake, flex and frooms.
Speaker 4: It has, in fact been a little while since I've slandered the Internet's new favorite application, be Real. It is not a social media app, they say, it's just a little daily habit, a little critt rule to keep your screen tim up. Now, we don't need to get into the reasons why we like or dislike be Real. It is second to the fact that when I logged onto TikTok about I would say two weeks ago, now there was a new feature, And TikTok always has new features. Some of them bop, some of them don't. But I usually don't pay attention because what am I trying to do? And it was called the now tap. So at the bottom where you can click your notifications, you're for you page your friends only, it.
Speaker 3: Says now, I'm thinking, what's that mean?
Speaker 4: I click on to now and it literally has a graphic that looks just like be real of the blurred background, and then an icon that says post to view. And if you don't know, the thing that really shoots me about be Real is that in order to access content that my friends have posted, I physically have to post and I don't want to post more on the Internet to engage with my own people. Now TikTok has the same function where in order to view the posts of your mutual friends who post this, now platform you have to post something.
Speaker 3: To which I said, where is the decorum?
Speaker 4: Because back in the days, at least platforms would wait a little while before they copied.
Speaker 3: Now it's blatant. Now it's literally like, oh that's a cute thing, let me steal that in three months. It's bizarre. And to think you haven't are you still using? Be real?
Speaker 5: You are?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got a little daily streak happening or no, yeah do fascinating, But then you haven't in the TikTok update.
Speaker 2: Nah, I don't go on TikTok that much.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably go on TikTok once a week.
Speaker 3: What, Yeah, you're interesting.
Speaker 2: I haven't gotten addicted to it. It's quite nice. Actually, yeah's a big sash.
Speaker 3: As you know, yeah, as we know, we know, we know the routine. But this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: The thing, the great issue with the Internet is that like trend cycles don't exist. Everything just reaches maximum optimization and then dies. So you know, if you want to post on social media. Let's give you an app with the most advanced algorithm ever, and then you get sick of it. Let's say you like a certain trend, Let's make sure that trend is oversaturated, and then nobody wears it. This is what's happening with be Real at the moment. I think TikTok will be the demise of be Real, not Instagram, because people thought when Instagram released it to dual camera function, got'd be the great demise.
Speaker 6: It was not.
Speaker 4: TikTok, though, has a lot more power than Instagram does in terms of deciding what is and is not cool. Now TikTok is stolen, relatantly stolen the b real function. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. Your days are numbered.
Speaker 2: I am a purist and I really love what b Real did. They came out of the gates, tried something new, so I will continue to use their platform. I don't like. I don't want random seeing my TikTok thing. I want my friends.
Speaker 4: Well this is I have used it, I haven't used it, and again, like I would love another place on the internet.
Speaker 3: No, you know what I want.
Speaker 4: I don't want another place on the internet to hang with my own friends. I already know where they are. I want a place on the Internet where the algorithm recommends me people that I'm bound to get along with, who are in my vicinity. I want to see more like minded people so I can expand my actual social networks, not my fake Internet digital footprint like in real life social networks. Oh you too, like Drake and Cafe Freeds and and you know, chihuahuas meet and then we meet.
Speaker 1: I guess, I guess this is Flex and frooms on Kada.
Speaker 2: As always, I'm out in the community finding content for our show, looking for little tiny things that I can add and share with you Flex And this one comes exactly from my bedroom.
Speaker 3: The other day.
Speaker 2: My housemate was hanging out with me in bed and she said something really beautiful about when you are grieving something and beat a relationship, a friend, a job, and she gave this analogy. Like me, sometimes it's difficult to get the thought out, I.
Speaker 3: Don't say that. Well, we had to do it like twice a bit of feedback.
Speaker 6: So Lucinda and I are talking about heartbreak and one of my friends gave me this really great analogy about a box and the memory is a little ball and your mind is a box and.
Speaker 2: The ball never.
Speaker 6: Changes, is what I miss.
Speaker 3: I can't remember now I'm trying to say it.
Speaker 2: Well, you said that the ball.
Speaker 5: I love.
Speaker 2: This is the inception of the voices of the ball. The ball is like a piece of grief, and it's in a box, and every time it hits the side of the box, it hurts.
Speaker 6: But then as you go on, the box gets bigger because that's time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So the box gets bigger, and it means that the ball hits the sides of the box less and less often. And the ball doesn't change. And every time the ball hits the side of the box it hurts, but because the box is getting bigger, it hits the side of the box less and less. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Is that.
Speaker 2: That's perfect?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Christopher Nolan the new inception. I was hearing Bowl the whole time. I was like, okay, so there's a bowl in a box, so let me you know it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: It was late at night when we're talking about this, so the brain was ticking.
Speaker 3: It always is. But but I like what you I like the point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's talking about how things will always hurt, painful things that have happened to you will always hurt, but they hurt less.
Speaker 4: Often, or perhaps it's not they're hurting less, but the impact of them is perhaps less noticeable because you've had time to like expand your mind, expand your life. You know, She's like, because I think hurting less that you try to quantify it, like how much does it hurt?
Speaker 3: Is it makes me cry?
Speaker 4: Still it might always make you cry, you know, does make me you know reminisce. Well, it might always make you reminisce. So then instead of being like how much or how little, it's like it'll always just you just won't think about it as much.
Speaker 2: Just how often I really thought it's beautiful?
Speaker 3: It is beautiful?
Speaker 4: So whereas who whose concept is this? It came from a friend of a friend. Yeah, not us, spreading rumors. We always to A friend of mine told me that a friend said so, never referencing the original people.
Speaker 3: Literally, have we found this person?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was with nipple story the woman who told me it on Friday night, and she's still insistent that it's a real person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you would if you're the person who we can who we can tie the room about.
Speaker 2: She doesn't want it to be her though, because she had mad anxiety that like she told someone else's story.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well I did ask you about this, whether or not you feel like the people, whether or not you threw me feel like the people who you talk about and their stories.
Speaker 3: Fuck, I can't even phrase this.
Speaker 2: I know what you mean, Like, if I'm going to rush about someone, if you're going.
Speaker 4: To write or speak on behalf of someone, are they prepared for the story exceeding you and your personal network and then reaching the hand and the minds and the brains of random people who don't have the context.
Speaker 2: And you know what I mean, that's part of being an artist. And I've told you previously. I once spoke to Becky Lucas on my newsletter really fantastic comedian, successful Australian comedian, and she I asked her, you know, because she wrote a book and it's about people. It's called Acknowledgments by Becky Lucas. It's a colorful boy where she thanks people for certain lessons that they've given her own life. And she she's like, you know, that's part of art. It's doctoring people her words.
Speaker 4: Look, maybe it is, but I find that the more time I hang on the internet, the less I want to share because I used to be really naive about the internet being a safe place. I was just like, I don't know, when you're self interested, you don't really think about what happens outside of the way you see the world, right, So I was like, it's fine. Everything I say do express on the internet is being received as intended because I mean it to be that way. And then one or two times you get misunderstood and it kind of hurts you, like whatever, And then one or two times you tell a story on behalf of somebody else, or you share information where the stakes are so low for you, not considering that it's high for them because they're not built to withstand it all. There's no incentive to withstand the critique and you know, the observations and all that stuff. So I think it's fascinating. But in this instance, the heartbreak grief thing is fascinating.
Speaker 2: Do you like the analogy?
Speaker 4: I like the analogy a lot because I used to be really detached, bitch over emotional family.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 4: And then I started feeling my feelings after therapy, and I was like, you people do this all the time.
Speaker 3: Because everything hurts. Why everything gotta hurt?
Speaker 4: The life I was living beforehand, from zero to twenty four A breeze, a breeze, because I was like nothing, I feel nothing. Everything is like the same amount of nothing that's in the best way possible, and like everything is good, nothing bad ever happens. My luck is amazing. And then I turn twenty five and I get humbled. I'm like, damn, the world is really scary. And then you gotta live with the things you've felt. You can't just press them.
Speaker 3: Yeah it hurts, Yeah, it's not for me, Bob.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms on Kita.
Speaker 2: It is the summer of getting near it.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Everybody asks, It means going out flirting, going near the person that you attracted to, giving off a sexy vibe because, as they know, when you get near it, you get even closer to it.
Speaker 4: I would also say getting near it is just prioritizing pleasure and leisure and ease, whatever that looks like for you in your current predicament.
Speaker 2: Do that fantastic facts a bit of a gear change. But the other day I was out at Cafe Freighters Now their dinner before going to Groove Armada. I will say I spent ten minutes with Groove Armada, went home really had a tummy ache.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, you got a power through na.
Speaker 2: It wasn't good.
Speaker 3: Wasn't good? Or the tummy ache. Look, it wasn't good.
Speaker 2: The tummy ache wasn't good. And when I was there, the sound was really low. But then when I left, they turned it up and the vibe kicked up a notch.
Speaker 3: Did you pay to go? Yeah? Whoa, and you gave it easily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in my frivolous spending era. Yeah, I'm like you, frivol spending on social outings just because I want to push myself to go. But also if I'm not feeling it, I'm not feeling it or I've already spent the money.
Speaker 3: Who did you go with? Were they find with you leaving?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Like four?
Speaker 2: Like eight mates?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so you're just like the odd one out. Yeah they were happy to have you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very keen. Actually, But at the dinner I was talking to one friend whose sister has had a baby. God knows how we got here, but apparently when you get pregnant, your bush grows back. If you had laser, if you don't know. Laser hair removal is a technique where a laser is Yeah, a laser is directed right into your pussoirs. Oh, the LaBier majurer. If we want to get technical, we do. It's important to name you of a jewels. Yeah, we do. It's not little what else? People call it muffin muffin. You can use your imagination so as somebody would laser.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: There's sometimes times where I wish that I had not gotten rid of the bush. Oh okay. I'm getting older now and I'm realizing perhaps having a completely hair free situation down there isn't actually the life I want to live anymore. I have always liked, in terms of looks, the synergy and symmetry of a woman.
Speaker 1: With a bush.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you got the two nipples and then the bush in the middle. It's a triangle and it can be quite nice. It's good for balance, it's really nice for balance.
Speaker 3: But obviously you're gona have a kid just to get your bush back.
Speaker 2: But what I did is I message a friend of mine who's pregnant actually, and who's also a midwife, so she sees forgets all the time, and.
Speaker 3: She's just that we need to name it.
Speaker 2: And apparently it's not true. Oh because like certain when you have certain hormones, certain things happen to your hair. Like, for example, my mom had cancer when I was in high school.
Speaker 3: Same really yeah, breast, yeah, sleigh.
Speaker 2: We are so much in co that moms are okay, now, yeah they are. My mom got chemos so all her hair was gone. Oh my god. Really I sometimes mom would sleep in my bed and had to wake up in the middle of the night she had no hair, and like freak out, thinking it was a little gremlin in my bed. Anyway, she took it very well, and when her hair grew back, it grew back like fool ringlets, like a curly, curly hair, and she'd always had like straight hair.
Speaker 3: Humans are weird that so I have to say about it.
Speaker 2: We get to see if the bush will come back when I do create a human in my stomach.
Speaker 4: Solo project. You're incubating on your own when you create a human. Keep us posted. I'd love to know how that goes for you. And up until then, there are things that you can get. There are exactly as if any lace front bush.
Speaker 2: Simulators, oh really they're lace front.
Speaker 3: You can get lace front one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do they attach?
Speaker 4: Well, you use glue like you would a lace front wig, so it looks really beautiful and seamless.
Speaker 2: I might try it. Yeah, that's genius.
Speaker 3: It is, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've always thought they were a joke because on Row of Live Fucking I was a kid the so joke about mercant So it's real.
Speaker 3: It's very real.
Speaker 4: Honestly, nothing is a joke if you really think about it. Just lies told in various tones of voice. I mean truths.
Speaker 2: Jokes are truths on they here, aren't they?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: If you're listening and your bush has grown back after having a child, please DM me at froom so three o's. I need to hear your story.
Speaker 1: You're listening to flex and frooms. OK.
Speaker 2: For me?
Speaker 4: Is yawning? Somebody talks your energy out of you? Is it the poltergeist? Potentially? Are you coming into your powers?
Speaker 2: Maybe dreams? I'm gonna go have one for myself. Who've inspired me?
Speaker 1: Join me, babes.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you we could sync up all right.
Speaker 4: We are talking to world renowned psychic media Marina d about dreams and dream interpretations. Just before hand, I went to my Instagram story and asked people have followed me what questions they want to have asked?
Speaker 3: And it's very interesting.
Speaker 4: I feel like what people keep to themselves unless they're given the permission to share. Because I was like, babes, this feels like you should go to therapy for this one. This doesn't feel like a you know, a five minute chit chat with Marina's gonna help you. But nonetheless, I appreciate all openness in all forms, and I do think that by the end of this conversation we're gonna have actual actionable tasks to.
Speaker 3: Do when we get to bed.
Speaker 2: I hope so.
Speaker 3: Speak Marina. It's flex and through me. Hi, how are you so good?
Speaker 4: It's not every day we get a world renowned psychic medium on the phone, but we're glad you're taking the time out because we have questions that need answers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 3: Phenomenal.
Speaker 2: We feel good today. I keep having dreams about my mum betraying me. Every time I have a dream and my mom's in it, she's either like running away from me or she's done something that is betraying me, like quite hurtful. But in the real world, we've never had a fight. She always does everything for me and we're very, very very close, So I'm trying to figure out why in all of my dreams she's betraying me and I'm getting angry at her.
Speaker 5: It doesn't always necessarily mean it's about the mom, though. It could just be through what she's feeling herself, that she might be going through something herself. But usually when a betrayal comes through a dream means it's something that you could be secure about or something that you need to change in your life. It's not necessarily about the mum. It can also be that the mom needs to do some changes in her life.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, we are already making it happen. Is there or are there some fail safe ways for everybody to interpret their dream If you track them and.
Speaker 5: If you go back on your dreams, say for example, maybe three months back, we see things have either happened or that they're warned you about things. You'll start realizing what your symbols can repeat in your dreams as well that you can learn then how to give yourself a reading.
Speaker 3: Fascinating.
Speaker 4: I had a few questions in here from people I asked on Instagram what they wanted me to ask you. One of the most prominent questions is should I be looking for how I'm feeling when I'm dreaming to interpret what's happening or what I'm seeing.
Speaker 5: So it's what you're seeing depends on the dream as well, because sometimes you can actually have an out of body experience, which happens to me. Now this can be with me where I do a bit of work with investigations and stuff. I'm trying to find an item and be with the police as well that I actually go out of my body with the dream. So I'm visualizing that I can be feeling things as well, So you both you take both in account.
Speaker 3: WHOA Okay, another one? Why do we dream?
Speaker 5: I can just go on a spiritual path that I feel like going by what I get through my dreams and the readings that I get for myself, my kids, or even for clients that they come through to be able to give us some kind of guidance.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 4: Jess wants to know why do we have reoccurring dreams with the same people and the same storyline over years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you haven't learned the lesson from that person. There's something that you haven't brought closure to as well. Things will repeat themselves, not just in dreams, but also in reality until you learn the lesson or that you take that message of what you need to learn from it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Talia wants to know can we influence what we dream about? She'd prefer to have fun dreams and not nightmares.
Speaker 5: No, no, it's all in the self conscience mind what needs to be delivered, all right?
Speaker 3: And Tiana wants to know.
Speaker 4: Is it true that when you dream of someone it's because they were thinking of you recently?
Speaker 5: There can be a telepastic yes, can be?
Speaker 3: Can we put a percentage to that? Is that like every time?
Speaker 2: Not every time?
Speaker 5: No, you can be so. For example, if you've had a dream about someone and they call you the next day or they text you that day, so that could be obviously they've been thinking about you. But if you get a dream and they don't call, you, don't text, you don't hear from them. No, not necessarily all the time.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you so much, Marina, Thanks Saka.
Speaker 5: Not a problem guy.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune edict on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.