Speaker 1: The Chris Jian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two, twenty one to thirty one, good Wood Street, Wrichmen.
Speaker 2: This is the Chris.
Speaker 1: Jian o'condinal Breakfast Show on Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, as to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show Thursday morning, four minutes past six on today's show. Then Patsy, you went three without getting anything. I'm seven. She got how many right? Jack? One question right out of seven? We're talking about the Brian Adams quiz. When Patsy's Brian Adams tickets. Pats has told us led us to believe she's a massive Brian Adams fan. We build a quiz around it. We thought this gon to be embarrassing. We probably won't even get three shows out of it because pats will win it on day one. Didn't win it day one day till day three. Just all you actually guess fifty to fifty chants real Mad Adams lyrics?
Speaker 3: One out of seven? What do you say on against you?
Speaker 4: I didn't guess the right answer.
Speaker 3: Is, but it's against you. Odds are the same for everyone playing, aren't they.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the tone of your voice is different.
Speaker 5: To fifty fifty. Honestly, it couldn't be more.
Speaker 2: Even listen, we know that she's wabbled.
Speaker 3: She's already having a problem about the tone of my voice.
Speaker 2: What have you got some sort of tone analyzer there from the FBI sitting in my studio. So listen, I'm trying to build. I've come back today. Don't worry about the last three awful melting. Don't worry about those collapses.
Speaker 4: Well, we've got a different.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about those collapses you get in the tone of my voice. Now, I've got your brand new choice. Because you said that you always look for you, you always smash Jack in the Facebook market based game. The price is right, I've built one around that about Brian Adams tag. This is your wheelhouse. You will be taking a listener on at seven thirty Pats, But this is in your wheelhouse.
Speaker 5: Okay, I've got it, and.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid there are no more games I can build for you. It's this. It is this and only this, and we're not going to play it part two tomorrow. It's all on this, all right, my lifeline.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: So go for it this morning at seventh thirty, will be yesterday evening. Then it was the opening night of my twelve year old daughter's school production of Aladdin.
Speaker 3: Well, the play was was brilliant.
Speaker 2: My wife to put the tickets, so she's going Saturday night with a couple of the moms. So I went last time. My wife had put the tickets. As a walking in this little theater. I think an A three. She really hasn't a three. Now it is front row, this middle of the it's right in the middle of the stage. Yeah, right from their thumbs up. When she comes on stage. My daughter looks horrified. The old man sat and I look at her, trying to convey meaning with my eyes. I didn't got the ticket, have that. I don't want to be here, but I am here. We're just going to have to deal with me being this. I'm actually I could easily just reached out as little Patado and No.
Speaker 3: They were all brilliant.
Speaker 2: The kids were amazing, really really great. All all the songs were really good. Although I did miss her, I don't. I thought it was like an Australian version of Aladdin.
Speaker 3: I thought it was.
Speaker 2: One of the songs that were singing about Billy Ali Prince Aally. I said, you know, they obviously astralize it and make it. Yeah, you know Billy Alia, she's got the old lady. He's got a lamp home mate. So I said, my daughter.
Speaker 3: They changed the lyrics then to Billy Arlie and she's like, what.
Speaker 2: Do you want about Billy Arli? She's got Prince.
Speaker 3: Ari google it.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I didn't know. I thought it was Billy Arlie they were singing about.
Speaker 5: But even the movie version, what did you think that was?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: I knew that was Prince but I thought, I know, you know, you kind of have a bit fun with the language over here.
Speaker 5: A problem Prince aly.
Speaker 3: It now.
Speaker 2: But all these kids, they worked so hard, Pats, Yeah, no, it was this back on there tonight and the rest of the kids, and tomorrow night and that Saturday night as well.
Speaker 5: And they said you said it, Pharo. Of the set, it looked amazing.
Speaker 3: Not there was no wobbly set.
Speaker 2: I remember going to see what's it called Lushaw Horrors last year. The set fell on this kid.
Speaker 3: Actually the wall just fell on him.
Speaker 2: He had to hold it a one hand and carry on with his lines while the drama teacher legged it from behind some sort of sound desk and making repairs to it.
Speaker 3: They were all great.
Speaker 2: It was a ten out of ten school production. However, there was one major problem. I said to you the other day on the show how my wife had kindly volunteered me to help run the refreshments before the show and during the interval. This was a huge mistake. I tell you what happened next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So my track record with being volunteered for things isn't great. There was a classic one where years ago my kids used to have this pony and I was volunteered to run some kind of national pony eventing competition the car park with a couple of other guys in high visibility and there's lots of people turn up with their ponies in these what do you call them? They carry them on the pony mate this thing. I hated it, absolutely hated this thing. They absolutely loved it. Right. They are dangerous, angry pooing motorbikes. Basically, have you ever been on a horse a long time? You're thinking I'm going to die, I'm going to die. What a crazy, unpredictable animal that at any moment might just bowl off because it sees a crisp packet just blowing in the winds, or a bag or something through Lowest Soft broke up through Ruby off, sorry, broke a arm with three places, so they took it out for We enter these tournaments where you go jumping over.
Speaker 4: Lots like pony clubs, the the it's a.
Speaker 3: Real mix of people that do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you think like the races, how that attracts a very broad spectrum of people. Same with ponies. You've got very rich people with ponies, and then you've got very interesting people with ponies. So it's to run the car park at event with all these different characters with strong opinions, right, was a nightmare for a day.
Speaker 3: I hated.
Speaker 2: It was awful because I go, you can't part there, and some people who were from tough backgrounds, but just park it where they won't go yeah or yeah, actually it's a perfect place. They just dump it there that horse box where it's going to block everyone in a couple of hours time. People are going to be angry with me for on this. So anyway, yesterday at the school production of a lad in. My wife had volunteered me to help run the refreshments before the show and during the interval. I get then and realize this is going to be a cluster, this is going to be a nightmare. They've put me in front of and with a desk with a menu with all the soft drinks, the chok tops, lollies and all this, and straight away I start getting a panic attack. I see I'm going to be expected to add things up. I failed maths at school. I'm terblet at maths. Then I see the old cash till you know that float thing, and I'm like, oh god, oh no, I.
Speaker 5: Thought you were just pouring the free like orange juice.
Speaker 2: That's what my wife said to me. I just be like, you know, chopping up hot watering and making tea like put the pommetad on from the English breakfast.
Speaker 3: It you're shopkeeper now, yeah.
Speaker 2: And there were two other women and they go, we just thought you'd be great front of house wind and I'm terrible at maths.
Speaker 3: What are you two doing?
Speaker 2: We're what we're going to be putting the hot water in the tea bags and I'll just do the popcorn cups. They get well, can I can we swap? And I know we thought it's best if you do this work. I'm terrible at maths. And then suddenly old people start turning up, you know, to see their granddaughter, and they pull out it's bay side. No one's going anything less than fifty. There you get asked to need bayside. Can I have a soft drink? It's two dollars fifty. I've only got a fifty. Oh no, I haven't got the change for this. And then plus, at one point I felt like crying. Someone has me a twenty dollar note, right, and they want three chop tops. Chop tops. Chop tops are three dollars fifty each. It takes me a couple of minutes. This guy has to tell me how much it is. There's no way to add it up. Three dollars fifty, ten, ten, fifty fifty. I was going three to nine. I sat I could go nine. Actually looked at it and I went three is nine, And I actually said the other bits fifty, one hundred and fifty, I need nine and one hundred and fifteen, and he looked at me, it's ten dollars fifty. I went great. Then he hands me the twenty dollars. Now I went a change.
Speaker 4: Start again.
Speaker 2: You so you don't you get no, I've got ten, you have less than ten. I actually said called it ten. He went, you sure, just called it ten? Fat have all it. Don't give me that. Don't worry about the money side. It just won yourself three three chuck clubs. Oh god, it was a nightmare. Then I didn't understand the difference between the two dollar coin and the one dollar coin. Where I come from, it makes sense the two the two dollar coin in the UK is bigger because it's worth more. That denotes the significance of curry currency is what you That's it's been for centuries all over the world.
Speaker 3: A bigger, heavier coin denotes is worth more.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 3: You just had to flip that that's on its head for fun.
Speaker 2: So I'm giving people coins back that I think is two dollars now it's a one dollar coin, and giving people back thinking it's a one dollar coin, it's two dollar coin. So depending on what side the equation you are, you're either happy or you're coming back to complain.
Speaker 3: And this poor kid came back and went, you've over. You didn't give me enough, And I went how do's that one?
Speaker 2: There? She went, No, this is too this is only a dollar, is it? Are you sure? And then this woman that one of the cowards at the back you were just filling out horse to go, oh, how long have you do? And that went since I got it fifteen minutes ago. So many people came and complained. Someone complained. I also thought. I looked at the menu. The tariff there, right, soft drinks two dollars fifty? Yep, would you consider somebody wanted a bottle of water? I changed them two dollars fifty. They come back five minutes later to complain that I've ever changed in my fifty cents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in sausage, shizsels and and nights like that. You always, as seen in the water is at the same price as the soft.
Speaker 2: Drink classified as softening. Not so apparently that was just two dollars. Some old biddy complained about fifty cents.
Speaker 3: She had a chanelle.
Speaker 2: I found it really hard. I don't know how people who do jobs dealing with the public right do that. I'd last five minutes before I just have a go at someone. You've got a chanel handbag? You worried about fifty They really had to bite my tongue wearing this. I had to wear an apron as well. Have we got that bit out there yet? I had to wear an apron as well. So anyway, don't volunteer for anything.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So last night the school production of Aladdin. It was already slick, it's very good, enjoyed it, tat and they're all great. It was a little bit tearful at the end.
Speaker 5: How did Lois personally go?
Speaker 2: Because she was one of the narrators and she also had a song to sing solo, and she did.
Speaker 5: She did really well well the narrated things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not just that, mate, They dance. It's not it's not someone stood on stage. They it's more kind of fluid that these five girls who would eat sort of say bits throughout the whole thing, and then they would start dancing and singing.
Speaker 5: And yeah, i' tho actually be up in a booth somewhere, so I thought you'g geing into.
Speaker 3: A left turn or something, you know, But no, none of that.
Speaker 2: Then the one bit where suddenly it was back to being the school productions. We grew up with less kind of high production budget. Prince Sali goes to the princess. Let's go on the magic carpet, right, and this.
Speaker 7: Is why we came.
Speaker 2: You can buy a good looking set and great props. Sure how they're going to fly a carpet in this little room we're in And I suddenly waken up. Oh no, this is gonna be great. Out two boys from each. Two boys the wings come right, so there's four boys meet in the middle. As soon as I see these lads, that's you and I. You know you didn't get the major role.
Speaker 3: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: Any great production is teamwork. There's no iron teamwork. Great, am I Aladdin? No, you're going to help a lad and fly? Oh great, I'll be like, it's a system. No, you'll be in black, okay, with some string. Each lad comes on right with a piece of string. I'm going, this is great what they're taking the string to and they sort of attach it whils they're doing some lines.
Speaker 3: We can all see them, especially me. I'm in front row. I'm actually on the stage. I could pick up Arli and probably carrying around my head. It's only a looking that.
Speaker 2: It's only ten They go and sit on this kind of trolley that's got wheels, okay, with a rug over it, probably from deco rugs, and each one then sort of ties their piece of string to a corner of it. There's obviously some kind of eye hole there, and then they all start moving it around. So the trolleys. You couldn't hear the little.
Speaker 5: One of those tries where the wheels never line up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've gone down to Bunnings.
Speaker 2: He's gonna on the move, move the prince and the princesses it more over that way.
Speaker 3: So they had to do this twice.
Speaker 2: So the second half I don't know whether one of the lads was a bit tired or something of that. He comes out and he's having trouble knotting his up and so there's no there've obviously no contingency of this. It takes far too long and the other lads are starting to giggle.
Speaker 3: Look at him.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to giggle. You can hear other people starting to giggle. It was the highlight of the play to me was the trolley ride car right the Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Then you BMW X five has arrived at South Yer a BMW.
Speaker 8: Most radio hosts start their show at six am except one. Not Happy Pang. Why does Sam Pang refuse to give us that crucial morning hour? Not Happy Pang at early rising Melbournians deserve your comedy too, Not Happy Pang Nova is trying to rip the guts out of the six am hour. Not Happy Pang. This Saturday, vote for the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show and Gold one oh four point three and keep the six am hour alive. Also Pang rhymes with Wang, just saying.
Speaker 3: I'm Christian O'Connell and I approved this message.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connall Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I'm doing that thing right now where Obviously I'm I'm on AM talking to you and doing the radio show, but I'm also doing something else.
Speaker 3: I'm on AIRBMB nothing to do with the show.
Speaker 2: I just only realize coming in this morning, I haven't booked any accommodation. Can I have alaide for first time next weekend for the UFC as they're colling it hashtag badelaid really because of some bad, dangerous fightings fighting next week Aid No Oh no, that's quite a good one as well. But that feels like more like a fight charity fundraising, be more a fight but for charity. But I stupidly haven't booked any accommodation and everyone's booked up because you've got like thousands of fight fans. Small Lob Australia got a couple of Kiwi fighters as well fighting on the card as well, So it's all booked up and I'm having a on AIRBMME but I'm at work.
Speaker 3: I should only be focused on doing the show.
Speaker 2: And sometimes in life there's that thing between what you are doing versus what you should be doing. And you might be in a similar situation right now. You might be supposed to be getting ready for work or doing the kids lunches today for the school run, but you're loafing around either listening to us, looking on Facebook. Who knows? So what are you doing right now versus what should you be doing right now?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: What can I expect from Adelaide going for the first time? Not this weekend, next weekend for the big UFC fight card. Very very excited, whoever never been to Adelaide.
Speaker 5: It's pleasant?
Speaker 3: And what does that mean?
Speaker 2: If you ask to ask you about someone here in the office and I went, what's peatlight? You went pleasant?
Speaker 5: He's pleasant?
Speaker 2: I think, all right, what's the story?
Speaker 5: I like Adelaide. I just nothing really comes to mind for me.
Speaker 9: Beautiful beaches, gorgeous beaches, Christian really pretty architecture, a lot of sandstone in the houses, really pretty.
Speaker 2: Oh to make sure that I find time other than seeing people locked in a cage and fighting to check out the local architect binoculars.
Speaker 5: Stone, sandstone built houses.
Speaker 2: As soon as I get in a taxi, I go, kind gentlemen, please could you escort me around your suburbs.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for the finest dis base of Sandstone.
Speaker 9: But it's very small compared to Melbourne. And you've got Harndolf up in the Hills, which is a little German village which is quite pretty, just out of tech White.
Speaker 2: Michael Palin, I don't know that we had Williams Foster in the new You know so much about Adelaide, Pats.
Speaker 9: I've been a few times and I used to do news for Adelaide. They're one of our affiliates and I used to do news for them, so I had to know.
Speaker 2: Well I didn't know. What did you know that one of our affiliates, Christian?
Speaker 5: Are you still traveling with Rob?
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 2: I'm not traveling with the I am going with other men. Okay, I'm going with my boxing coach. He's coming from Melbourne with me, right, and there's our big, big boss. He's flying from Sydney. We're all you know he's going. He's meeting me there from Sydney. He's checked himself. Kind of him to do this on this company's money. I'm guessing he's checked himself into a five star hotel. I thought he might, seeing as I've got us free caide side. I've got the tickets are free from UFC because I've done stuff for them before, so I provided that. I just thought he might, you know, expenses here, not in this room, but just book another five star, you know, for the guy who's see you know, doing the job in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: You can get one of those trolley beds they will in for.
Speaker 2: Well, you'll be sleeping, Christener, foot of my bed. We can stay up and put torches under the covers.
Speaker 5: So will you have to be room Christian?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite sandstone that you saw today? What about Joman Village or the lad.
Speaker 5: So your boxing coach sleep with you then, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I haven't worried about him at the moment. I'm just suddenly panicing this morning. Everyone's booked up and I have a proper tone because I'm ablsos doing the show. But I need to I need to book something like a sap and adelaide.
Speaker 5: The only thing that stands out for me having a quick google on Airbnb over that song was the this little paddle steamer where you stay on a boat on the river.
Speaker 4: Oh, that'll be fun.
Speaker 2: No, not really on the I'm going on the I'm going Saturday afternoon, so we're having a Saturday night out. I don't think after a skinful, it's a good idea for me to start clambering through the I go over the other side and that's the last do you see? What are you just trying to get rid of me? Is that what you're trying to do? Now?
Speaker 3: Back to drawn Board Jack.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I've heard so sorry for you yesterday. I know after the show we had our meeting and then you were heading off to Ikea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I felt sorry for you.
Speaker 2: And two points really one, you spent two and a half hours in Ikea and left with nothing but wrapping paper. You poor people.
Speaker 5: You went in to get cupboards wardrobes, So I just get it going in there and picking up the wardrobes. You got to do the configurations of.
Speaker 2: You just well, I just goed to alert you to checkspody language. You know, when you record a trauma, you close your eyes, you go back in the way.
Speaker 1: It was like.
Speaker 2: Revisiting the scene of a crying in your mind. You actually grimace and close your eyes. Is not just getting the wardrobes. It is just like Tetris, isn't it. It's like Lego Slott in morning. If that one goes there, do we want the bully out thing there for the shoes and the nickers.
Speaker 5: We would have left with nothing except you have to buy something to get the free packing. So we bought some wrapping paper.
Speaker 2: On the way. God, it's depressing. So if you've got to go back to go back, it's just unresolved.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Part two will I don't know coming up in the near future.
Speaker 2: Well, listen I was back here at the office all day doing a shift playing the Golden Ticket because I didn't want you know, if you weren't around, and I know that everyone listening between ten a m with Hargee and five is also in the sinerta try and win this golden ticket. We're talking about the gold one I four point three Golden Ticket. It's a ticket. It's not just one ticket. Do you want to MAKEE get your all the big shows next year? Brian Adams, Phil Collins, the Tennis, the Eagles, Melbourne Cup, Carnival, Brian Faery, Red Hot, Summer Talk, Kylie Grand Prix and loads more. That's what it's called the golden ticket. If you win the Brian Adams tickets, you go forward into the draw to also win that, so you could be winning again. But you're listening out for the Golden Song that starts at ten o'clock right through the Gavin Miller at five o'clock every single hour, good Luck, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So it is a stack show time. We've got another brilliant isolated vocal, the naked vocal. What we just isolate a vocal track brilliant on today. It's an eighties one, a song you would have heard a many times in this radio station and a couple of times in movies as well. But it is a brilliant, brilliant vocal performance. Also, two great prizes Brian Adams tickets. Will Pats finally hang on to these precious Brian Adams tickets. A game today that she sent came to me after the show. Yes, I said, I'm always great on the Facebook marketplace. Please big guy, put me back in the game. Okay, So, okay, We've got a Brian Adams special edition of the Facebook Marketplace built and designed to try and help you win bats.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 2: But that was a game with the lyrics this week and you lost three versions of that. It's all on that so we'll find outut what happens in twenty minutes time. And also someone's going to win. This is great. We're starting this big thing today because we've only got twelve shows left of the year, twelve days of Christmas. Thanks to Chapel Street where someone this smaller. The big prizes is a free burger every single week for a year. I don't know about you, but I would generally love to win that a free burger every single week for a year now. We did have an idea. And then yesterday evening, okay, just while I'm going off to see my daughters school, blo over Ladd and I get a voice and message from our producer, the world's already producer, who goes by straight way. I know there's a problem.
Speaker 3: What has broken blowing up?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 3: What has Jack done?
Speaker 2: What's Pat's done by? And he tells me that they we can't do the original idea and then he signs off with this. So, if you've got any of the burger ideas, can you let me know? Oh, Sean, it's kind of my filing cabinet and I'm at.
Speaker 1: B and B.
Speaker 2: You burger ideas, bring my dossier out right now. Although these well hilled burger ideas I don't know. In fact, the reason Nay hired means ship me over here. I'm very much known as the UK as the burger guy anyway, and we have got something for the burgers. Here's what I want to do for the next twenty minutes is sometimes you'll see your job and whenever it's in a scene on TV or in a movie, they always get it wrong. There's somebody detail about you know about your job that there's no way in real life you'd be able to do it like that. For us, whenever I see radio on TV or movies, it's always the same. The DJs will start speaking and their talk on air, but they will never ever have the headphones on. And if we did that, we'd know you'd get this horrible thing called a howl around. It was just start whistling. I don't even know technically what is happening there, but you would you get that thing. But they always do that where the headphones are just round their neck.
Speaker 5: And the other thing you'll see them do on movies and TV is speak off mike, so the mic might be in the middle of a desk somewhere and Hi, Yeah, that's it trives me nuts, all right.
Speaker 2: So what do they get wrong about your job when you see it on TV or in a movie? What do they always get wrong about your job? We want the details?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So what do they always get wrong about your job whenever you see it on TV or in a movie?
Speaker 3: Let me know?
Speaker 2: Nine four one four, one oh four three. Good morning Greg, Good morning, Good morning mate. That's a good show. So Greg, what is it about your job they get wrong on TV or in movies?
Speaker 12: Well, I'm a painter and decorators, so the block's probably the main the main instigator.
Speaker 3: I bet a lot of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what do they get wrong about your painting and decorating? Then on the block when you see it on TV.
Speaker 12: Mate, just when you see him grab a roller and no pole and they're going up and down, left and right sideways, you just now, as a painter, of you to do that, it's going to end up looking crap.
Speaker 2: I'm making Greg, I'm making notes there. So when you get the pole and you're doing it with the rollers, what should you be doing? Just vertical up and.
Speaker 12: It down, happened down.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm actually painting my house at the moment, Greg, So I'm just yeah, I'm running this down.
Speaker 2: We found out yesterday you've got out with that. You know we heard from Clintos yesterday that crying Mexican guy at the other end of the line. I'm not mixed a jack. Don't hit with the pole for the roller.
Speaker 5: Greg, I've got quite a bendy pole show have a more sturdy podcastos because every time I go to Greg let them carry on. But every time I go to paint the walls, the pole bends a lot. Should it be bending? Or if I got to cheat one?
Speaker 12: You've got to cheat one?
Speaker 7: Mate?
Speaker 2: You need you need a sort of poll for that. Yeah, anyone knows about that, all right, Greg the painter, thank you very much for giving us a call. Jess, good morning, Good morning. Suggest you're a nurse, Yes, that's all right right now. My mum was a nurse and whenever she used to watch a lot of medical dramas on TV, I'd get the running commentaries. If you do that, the patient would die. So yes, Jess, what's it? What's it for you that when you see a nurse or any kind of medical drama?
Speaker 3: What do they get wrong?
Speaker 13: Everything? But yeah, the most is there the three doctors helping the patient get out of bed. You never see that.
Speaker 3: We are the doctors know where there? They kind of drifted off by then.
Speaker 13: Yeah, if the doctor comes in the room, the doctor pretty much tells the nurse what he wants the nurse and if the patient needs to get up the bed. It's usually the two nurses that help the patient up, not three doctors. You never see that.
Speaker 2: I see. So you were saying that the doctors won't get their hands dirty. Their doctors, they don't do stuff like that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's right, just quietly. And also with the yanked sucker as well, take to their arm for an IVY line. That's that's a big gone as well.
Speaker 5: What's it called.
Speaker 13: It's called a yankee suckers to get secretions out of the.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Yeah, so they do what do they have on TV?
Speaker 13: So it's a yeah, that's what they have on TV. So they tape it to the arm for an IVY tube. Yeah, instead, but.
Speaker 5: It's been to be on the neck.
Speaker 13: No, it's like it's like a little.
Speaker 2: Are you actually nurse?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 3: I think it one of these people that goes around. Jessica was a nurse in hospitals.
Speaker 2: I read about people.
Speaker 3: It's a condition. Okay, let's go back.
Speaker 13: It's like, okay, so the yank is sucker? Ye is what they take to the patient's.
Speaker 5: Arm for an IV line in real life or on TV?
Speaker 13: On TV?
Speaker 5: And what are you do in real life?
Speaker 13: In real life? You put an IV needle into the arm, like you can you yep, and then you hook it up to the drop.
Speaker 5: So they invented something called yanker sucker only for TV.
Speaker 13: No, No, that's the real thing as well. So a yanker sucker is like a vacuum to suck out secretions.
Speaker 3: And where does that go on the backside?
Speaker 15: That goes down the throat?
Speaker 5: Right it went first.
Speaker 4: TV.
Speaker 2: They take it to the arm along with the old along with the needles for the IV drip.
Speaker 13: Yes, are you with me now?
Speaker 4: Replacement, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes? You now saying it's a very busy junction in the army. You wouldn't have that many things coming in.
Speaker 13: And out of the arm No, and you wouldn't take a Yankee soucker to an arm.
Speaker 2: Bloody knew that wrong, Buddy suck come on, scoreboy era right, yes, hashtag nurse banter all right.
Speaker 3: Jack, Yes, we got there in the end. Good work everyone.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's drunk. Okay, gons go What do they get wrong about your job? On TV nine four one four, one oh.
Speaker 1: Four three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Then you BMW X five has arrived at Yarrow BMW.
Speaker 8: This Saturday is your last chance to stop Eddie McGuire and Triple M from making cuts. Cuts to mc molloy on Breakfast, cuts to music that isn't nickelback, and cuts to mentions of non Collingwood football teams. They're even cutting the amount of shows they actually broadcast in Melbourne. They were in Hawaii the other week. They were practically broadcasting from holiday. Eddie was live from his hot tub sipping Margarita's, while Christian O'Connell was live from Richmond, where the only Margarita in sight was Margarita the overly friendly girl on Reception with the funny eye. And that Hawaii trip was all paid for by your taxpayer dollars. Well not really, it's a commercial radio station, but your taxpayer dollars helped fund the roads and the airports that allowed them to leave the country This Saturday, both for the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show and Gold one oh four point three, and keep breakfast shows in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I'm Christian O'Connell and I approved this message.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shows.
Speaker 7: Ten weeks of tickets.
Speaker 3: Every morning at.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty am you'll chance to win tickets to the biggest shows in town. Ten weeks became eleven weeks and we found out the great nears that Brian Adams is coming to town. Someone who's very excited on this show was see Brian Adams residence Supervan Betrina Jones.
Speaker 3: So we did a quiz.
Speaker 2: But when Pat says Brian Adams tickets, it's a simple one, real made up Brian Adams lyrics. We called it line or Brian Adams Monday. Pat's got how many rights?
Speaker 5: Zero?
Speaker 3: What about Tuesday?
Speaker 5: You got one out of three?
Speaker 2: What about yesterday?
Speaker 5: Zero out of seven total questions? How many one correct answer?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: I remember now?
Speaker 4: Hilarious.
Speaker 2: So Pat said to us yesterday after show. Look, you know Facebook Marketplace game. The price is right. I'm great at that, and you are Facebook Marketplace the price is right as well. We ask you to look for the veryt tap the people are selling here in Melbourne and Australia on Facebook Marketplace and it's a lot.
Speaker 3: Pat knows about this kind of.
Speaker 4: Stuff, you know, with my trailer park background, don't want.
Speaker 2: To say any when it comes to tap, you go to Pat. She's Tap Pat. That's what we call her in the office here, all right. So This one is a Brian Adams special edition of Facebook Marketplace. The price is right. You've all been furtively looking on Facebook Marketplace for Brian Adams memorabiliy and various Adam's tap and I've got a whole load of stuff from all over the world. Ninety nine percent of it. I'm not making this up is on cell in Canada, Ontario. He's Canada's very own. They're very proud of him, all right. So to take Pats on call now nine four one four one oh four three prediction parts. Are you going to win this course?
Speaker 14: I am.
Speaker 4: I've got to redeem myself today or I'm not going That's it. Everything's on the line.
Speaker 2: All right, So you fantasy trying to win nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Go to sleep, Go to sleep, Go to sleep.
Speaker 8: It's time, smooth. The FM stop treating us like a baby who hasn't had their nap. We as Melbournians, have had enough of the forced narcolepsy with constant double shots of Michael Boublay and Enya Only. The Christian Iconnall Breakfast Show is tough on Michael Boublay. Christian thinks you should decide what time you go to sleep as you're a grown up. This Saturday, vote one for Gold one A four point three and stop soft sleepy music.
Speaker 3: I'm Christian O'Connell and I approved this message.
Speaker 1: For Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Brian Adams is back rod Laver Arena Thursday, March twenty one. Tickets on sale tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Morning ten a m.
Speaker 2: Write this down, patsy is the only way you're going.
Speaker 4: Oh stop it now.
Speaker 2: Need tickets on sell ten am tomorrow morning through ticker Tech. It is time.
Speaker 5: It's the Facebook Marketplace price.
Speaker 7: Right. Hoor Ryan Adams Special Edition.
Speaker 9: Pats Trouble Down, Play Today's My Day, trouble Down.
Speaker 2: Good luck Sean.
Speaker 5: Cute twisting condle.
Speaker 2: Good luck Pats, Good luck Sean. So let's meet Sean firstival Seawn, you met Brian Adams fan mate?
Speaker 16: Yes, I am absolutely superstar fan.
Speaker 2: Excellent. Okay, he says, we'll see So you said we saw you, Sean. How many times you seen them live?
Speaker 16: I actually I haven't seen them live.
Speaker 12: I haven't had the opportunity.
Speaker 16: I've never been at the same place.
Speaker 2: Where he's been, so I've got the opportunity for You've got I've got Patsy's tickets.
Speaker 4: Here, that's going to continue. I'm afraid do you want.
Speaker 16: My postal address now to send those tickets?
Speaker 4: I get too excited.
Speaker 2: You won't need it. Nicely done, Sean, Good luck both of you. Good luck, pats Good luck, Sean. Thank you. Okay, So I local was with the pray Facebook marketplace prices, right. I read out the tat the description that someone has typed out and posted to the world's biggest website, and you got to guess how much it is in dollars? Here's the first items Brian Adams from the eleven album. It's the c D Brian Adams eleven CD. How much do you think this is going? For the description here? Brought an error?
Speaker 3: How all right?
Speaker 4: So never never used, never played, brought in error?
Speaker 2: So how much? Let's go to Sean? First of all, how much do you think, Sean I'm gonna go?
Speaker 3: I'm probably like seven dollars, that's what do you reckon?
Speaker 2: Fifteen two dollars? Which Sean takes the early winds.
Speaker 3: Come on Sean hi hy, here we are. This is a tough one. Here I Am.
Speaker 2: Horse Arts Wood war Art, Central Coast, New South Wales. Inspired by the Brian Adams song.
Speaker 3: Here I Am.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful song, beautiful song. Someone's done a beautiful picture of a horse on a beach.
Speaker 5: You should say it's just a horse. No, Brian Adams?
Speaker 2: Is it would it's on a it's on a wood sort of canvas, isn't it frame? It's a beautiful technicolor horse. No, Brian Adams in picture, just inspired by his song Here I Am and the movie Spirit Stallion of the Camera that was in that movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, first, yeah, Patsy go first.
Speaker 4: I can't think of the price. Let me think, what's the game?
Speaker 3: What you've been doing?
Speaker 4: Forty bucks?
Speaker 2: I'll go seventy three hundred and eighty the winner. It's the quickest class the week. She can't beat the count, ripped off? How dare you've got the same thing as shorty boy?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 4: Hey, Sean, have you got a girlfriend?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 16: Unfortunately my wife has secured.
Speaker 2: Oh this is desperate. She's now chatting up. This is trying to get there. Tricks of tickets. Paul Christian husband.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what, in all honesty, Sean, you've never seen him live.
Speaker 9: I am thrilled for you, because once you've seen him live, you will have an all new appreciation.
Speaker 2: Fuming, passive, aggressive.
Speaker 5: No, Christian goes pats you know what, you're such a good sport. Why don't you have some We got those last tickets to give away to borrow.
Speaker 2: Don't forget those ticket's gone sell ten am tomorrow through tickets. Hey, Sean, enjoy Brian Adam as well done, Sean, well done, Sean, thanks so much, Patsy one out of nine.
Speaker 16: Sorry, yeah, good on.
Speaker 4: You have a miserable, miserable time.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'm going to give you an exerprise for that. I'll find something for you mate.
Speaker 7: That was funny.
Speaker 2: Well done, Sean, Thank you Brown Sean.
Speaker 4: Everyone, I'll just I've got my keys, I might just sleep.
Speaker 2: I thought you're going to kiy his car. Then all right, So did Sean win the tickets. He's also go sort of find out he's going to win gold one a four point three. He's big Golden ticket. Listen every hour from ten a m with Huggy right through Gavin Miller at five. One ticket gets you and makes all the big shows, so Brian Emsfield, Collins, the Tennis, the Eagles, Melbourne Cup, Carnival, Brian Ferry, Loads Morris While we call it the Golden Ticket. You just listened out for the Golden Song.
Speaker 1: Every hour from ten the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Ali's time for this. So one of my favorite things to do on the show. We do this every Thursday morning right after the Age of Coot News. We call it the Naked Vocal. It's where we isolate a vocal track, which means when they go in the studio and they're recording it, it's just everything they do with their voice. And the last couple months of doing this, we've heard some amazing performances and it makes you hear the song in a totally different way. It might be a song you're even over familiar with with so much radio airplaying, various movies and TV shows, that when you strip back to one person going in and just nailing it and they do something extraordinary and it makes you feel something, You really go somewhere when you just hear what a human being can do with a voice, it's incredible. This one's a really different one, right, so from the eighties, Take on me, Aha, Morton hark It Now. Morton Harket has got an amazing voice, and a couple of years ago, when I was interviewing Coldplayer and I was asking Chris Martin about who his favorite singers of all time were, he mentioned just this guy, and he actually told me about this isolated vocal track. He said, you need to hear what he can do with his vocal range in the melody of this song. It's almost unhuman what he does. So this has taken me from nineteen eighty four Morton Harkitt, the lead singer of Aha. You remember the song for the video with the pencil drawings, But what about this performance? Have I listened to this?
Speaker 7: Talking away? I don't know what I'm to say.
Speaker 2: I'll say anyway.
Speaker 7: Today's an loveday to find you shine away, Oh, I'll be coming for your lovel ok.
Speaker 5: Only only.
Speaker 2: Now this this is two moreton with the song as well. Take on Me, Martin Harkit. This week's Naked Vocal on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Ah take on me. Mon Harket lead sing of AHA star this week's Naked Vocal. I've got a brilliant one line up for the next two weeks as well. If you ever see any they're all up there on YouTube. You can spend hours doing a deep die and finding these isolated vocals they call them. It's about standing ones. If you love any, you'd love to hear it on this just email me. I'd love to hear them. Christian at Gold one I four three dot com dot au. I also when he does that that amazing thing with his voice, this emails other little flourishes, those kind of little kind of what's that? But it's amazing. It all adds to the imperfect perfect. I was looking a couple of years ago. I saw them lie but it's quite an unusual gig, right. It was an award ceremony, Radio awards ceremony and radio award ceremonies. We all know what designy. The audience is jaded, dead eyed people. I was hosting it, right, so so you know I had to stare out of those empty, jaded, angry, bitter faces for three hours and at the end of the night ago and uh, you start turn tonight and I bring on Ahart. That's I'm walking past the band. They're all tracksing on right, Moe Harket, mister moves, we're passing each other. He goes and get on with it and paint a face smile and this, and get on with this and drops a really bad swell word.
Speaker 3: So get on with this.
Speaker 2: It says that as he's walking past me. Then picks up the mic and goes straight into and amazing before he does that live, you know those high notes his voice are still wears a smile on his face the whole time to the worst gig of their life, Dead eyed radio people. All right, then, Patsy, just a quick ruling, by the way, you know, we said that today was going to be the last chance. Yeah, the tickets. It's been so much fun hearing you lose. I think it's nice to give you another chance to lose against.
Speaker 4: He got another chance to win lose the only reason we do.
Speaker 2: Yes, So we're scrapping the idea that we are going to do. We don't even know what we're going to do yet, but it's another game. When another round of when Patsy's Brian Adams tickets tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: If it was a drinking game on win we can't do that Saturday.
Speaker 2: It's breakfast time.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So at the moment you're one from nine, Jack's worked out. I said to Jack, please work out the PERCENTA. Just imagine this. So if you went, if you went to the dictionary, looked up the word super fan, which is what you told me you were Brian Adams, it wouldn't say we'd only get one out of nine in a quiz on the thing that they're a super fan of. So if it was a school report, she did a school test, she'd been swatting up her entire adult life on decades on Bryan Adams, what was she scored eleven percent? You wouldn't write if you were a teacher, wouldn't write clearly super fan. Yeah, so there will be another round tomorrow when Pats is Brian Adams.
Speaker 1: Tickets the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We've we've thought up the game for tomorrow. Pan see for the Brian Adams ticket.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what is it? Something against my favor?
Speaker 2: No doubt, no doubt, it's it's we've actually just brainstorm it during that song a game that you it's the best chance you've got a winning this week. I mean that really, Jack, that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can't get to the end of it and argue that no, Nicole had a better chance than you know.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, So I'll be interested to hear what that is In the post show.
Speaker 2: I'll speak to you. No no, no, no, no no, it's complete radio silence. I will tell you what it is at seven thirty four and thirty.
Speaker 4: Four seconds to find out till the day.
Speaker 2: You'll find out to my like the listener will take you on put.
Speaker 4: On the spot again.
Speaker 2: Well, what he wants to do? Do you want me to email them to you today?
Speaker 4: You can preferably with the answers.
Speaker 5: What example do you You're going to do a lot of stuff about the first fleet.
Speaker 2: So your phone out now, yeah, no worries, all right over this week, you're smarter than Google. This is what we try and work the answer out to a question, and you're not actually go on to Google. Let's try and use our collective brain power with the bow the what we used to do before we had instant access to Google. So no consulting the internet. It's really hard because even last night, when I think about this question, I wanted to jump online just to read up a bit and find out what the technical terms were for what I'm about to talk about. So we're all going toless blind. Some of you would have some ideas. That's what I want to hear about. We're trying and work towards an answer on nine four one four one oh four three. Here's this week's question for You're smarter than Google. Why do our fingers vary in length? Yeah? Why is that middle one, that big old et one? Why is it longer than the pinky, the thumb, the little stubby one?
Speaker 3: The thumb?
Speaker 2: Thumb doesn't even sound like a medical part, does it?
Speaker 5: And then would you say ring and index finger are sore of the same length? Just trying to my hands now, Yeah, but there's a there's different differentiating. I think there's different between men and women. It's due to the amount of testosterone you're exposed to in the wounder and brad gestation.
Speaker 2: But again that's what I hear.
Speaker 3: Do you know by the way, I do?
Speaker 7: I do know this?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's something works. Insurance can back me up if you lose your thumb in an accident, you get the biggest payout if you lose any of the digits.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that makes sense. Pinky should be the least because really pinky is a bit besides doing that thing that English people do when they drink tea.
Speaker 2: I always do. It's not enough just that you know, you obvious haven't seen me in a pub. Sometimes I get really nervous around Australians when I go and drink a pint and I don't. I don't drink parts because I'm a man. When I drink a pint, that pinky goes up like it's a phone china cup of teas. I saw a guy who applelightes. Do want to say anything, but I saw and check it. Go Jesus, Oh lord fontoy over there all right then? So what do you think? Why do our fingers very in length nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Do you remember a.
Speaker 2: Time before Google?
Speaker 3: Was it really that long ago?
Speaker 2: When we have try and work stuff out using our brains, That's what we're trying to do every week on You're Smarter than Google. We try and work out the answer together to question. This week's question is look at ham. When was the last time we actually looked at your palm? And those five fingers? Why do they all vary in length? Quick question to you, Patsy if you had your palm read, Yes, I have, I said, I said to you, I said, phats She said Tom.
Speaker 3: I have it as well.
Speaker 2: Any good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was pretty positive from what I remember.
Speaker 2: Ben's on the line one it Ben, Hey, there you go pretty good.
Speaker 3: Ben.
Speaker 2: What do you think then, why do fingers vary in length?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 16: I think it's just over in my hand. And then I found my fingers and they all sort of came to the same length. So I reckon, sort of like a racetrack, like a running race, how they all start off set.
Speaker 5: Around the corner, made to raise the stag of the starters.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so, and I reckon it might be like because of evolution, when we were all timpandees and stuff like that, and they used to swing around the branches, they'd always be rab an onto it. Just that's when it gave you an.
Speaker 2: Equal And Ben, this is a great theory. I love the race track, But then why aren't they the same length? Normally?
Speaker 3: This is what we're trying to work out.
Speaker 2: Right, This is what.
Speaker 16: When you're using the hill the same way when you're actually using it, but when you glasp onto something.
Speaker 5: If I grasp on the drink bottle bener go in front of me, they don't come out of the same length the long ones.
Speaker 16: Maybe you need to get a new drink.
Speaker 3: Hand chat. Ben, thank you very much. Like a little bit tough there with the science.
Speaker 2: Michelle, Hello, how are you? I'm pretty good, Michelle, howe you well this morning? So what's your theory why do our fingers vary in length?
Speaker 15: Well, my theory is that the when you want to pick something up, you need to be able to sort of especially like pincer grips, you need to be able to connect your thumb to all your fingers. So if you actually go across your hand with your thumb, the middle thing is the easiest one, It been the most that's what's the longest, and like it's the least strain on your thumb. Then if you go all the way over to the pinky, if that was as long as the middle finger, the Indian Yeah, the middle finger is being a massive strain on that last finger plus on your sum. So they're sort of designed so that the sum will actually meet the end of each finger without it being a strain on ours as a finger or the thumb, so you can actually pick up in griep beautiful.
Speaker 2: Theory actually makes a lot of sense to create the perfect Yeah.
Speaker 5: Actually, but now that I'm thinking about, if I had a long pinky, I would find that quite easy to touch my thumb with it.
Speaker 2: Plus, why Et had one, didn't he had a massive.
Speaker 12: Than us.
Speaker 15: That's different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hi, Michelle, that's a good one. Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Quick question to everyone. If you had to come up with your top three favorite world famous entertainment precincts.
Speaker 3: What do you go for, Pat Oh g.
Speaker 4: Mcg number one?
Speaker 2: No, I go straight away Chapel Street, which is why I'm excited about the next twelve shows twelve days of Christmas We've got together with the world famous entertainment precinct Chapel Street. Let me ask you again, Pats, if you're going to form a top three of your world famous favorite world famous entertainment precincts, what's the number one.
Speaker 4: Oh, definitely Chapel Street.
Speaker 2: Yeah number two have MCG but it's always at number one Chapel Street. So over the next twelve shows. These are the last twelve shows of this year from US Twelve Days of Christmas Big prizes are worth one thousand dollars every single day thanks to that world famous entertainment precinct Chapel Street. Today it's a year's worth of burgers from Betty's Burgers and Concrete Co, which opens Monday on Chapel Street. I met Betty the other day. Yeah, lovely old lady and those hands love to make patties like no one else can. She does.
Speaker 3: Yeah at home, brings them all in every single morning on the little bus. Couple of days.
Speaker 2: Then you've got one thousand dollar bar tab for your own part see at La La Lane on Chapel Street. Thousand. I love this thousand dollars worth of old school vinyl. Also you'd love this Jack you love mister Maggie's a thousand dollars worth of d doublets. I mean where are you gonna keep them? Up in the loft down the shed? I mean dumplings everywhere you can use them as Christmas baubles, maybe on your Christmas tree. All right, So what we're gonna do? You know the song on the twelfth Christmas my true Love game to me. So over the next twelve shows, twelve days Christmas, I'd like you to keep a running tally of the prices we're given away to and who to. Yep, all right, so this is gonna this.
Speaker 3: Is it's gonna get hard regards.
Speaker 2: It should be easy, all right, So you ready ready, By the way, just sort of warn everyone, don't get scared.
Speaker 3: If you've got young kids, moved them away from the radio.
Speaker 2: Now we've got Huggy to be Father Christmas in this production, and it sounds like he's just had root canal and is heavily sedated.
Speaker 3: Here's Santa. If he was heavily sedated.
Speaker 7: It's Chris What Christmas?
Speaker 11: On the first day of Christmas, Christian gave to you free burgers for a whole year.
Speaker 2: Very good, Okay, So how are we going to play it today? To give away Betty's Burgers for a year? You call it now?
Speaker 3: To play put it in a decade baby.
Speaker 2: A Christmas Festive edition. Because also when you think about Christmas, you think beef burgers, It's the perfect way to start with, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Beef Burgers three year?
Speaker 2: Thank you Betty and the Concrete co all right, so Jack, it's a festive edition. How does this work for? Put it in a decade?
Speaker 5: Baby, I'll just say a movie, a book, or a Christmas drop the book pick well, I have got a book in the Christmas I'm not gonna, okay, give it away. Can you'll google it? Or a Christmas song. You have to put it in the correct decade that it was released, baby, Baby.
Speaker 3: All right, cool it into play now baby.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: The Countdown of Christmas starts right now. The next twelve shows are twelve Days of Christmas. Big Price is every single day worth over one thousand dollars thanks to the world famous entertainment precinct Chapel Street. Well done, seems so good. I'm going to go and get a tattoo day. Today's actually saying all of that, it would be really nice.
Speaker 5: I thought that tatoo that you had that was already Chapel Straight.
Speaker 2: It just say Chapel Stree. At the moment, I just want to get one on the other side that I can put together on my other inside risk it says world famous entertainment precinct. Okay, because I think precinct in like Thai language will look really good, really nice.
Speaker 3: Left by step. All right, let's play you ready to sing again?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 7: It's Christen O'Connell's cool Christmas.
Speaker 11: On the first day of Christmas, Christian gave to you free burgers for a whole year.
Speaker 2: That's today's price above a week for a year thanks to Betty's Burgers opens Monday on Champel.
Speaker 3: Street pop in.
Speaker 2: So we sent you playing this morning Andy, Good morning Andy. Did you ever think in your life you'd be lucky enough one day to get through to a radio show to possibly win yourself a burger week for a.
Speaker 6: Year, Not in a million years.
Speaker 3: Wall we lead to this, my friends, this moment, all right Andy? Good luck? Andy?
Speaker 16: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, second, we're all good.
Speaker 2: Often it's polite there to fill the gap with a little thank you or I'm ready to play. Christian So burger for a year, Burger a week for a year, mate, good luck. We're going to play put it in a decade, baby. So when you give Jack the decade. If you could just put a little baby at the end, that helped play the game along. Andy, Sure, put it in.
Speaker 5: A Christmas decade?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 5: What decade was National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation released?
Speaker 16: I would It's a favorite of mine. We watch it every year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 16: I would have to say, my hat's telling me nineties.
Speaker 5: But I'm going to go with eighties nineteen eighty nine, right, great movie.
Speaker 2: So it's Clark Grizzwold. Also movies Chevy Chase.
Speaker 3: Baby, It's very happy, well done.
Speaker 2: No sorry.
Speaker 4: Question.
Speaker 2: Listen, the road to Betty's Burgers is not one question, right, and you unknock and get a year's worth the Burger's my friend. You've got to get three out of five, right, Andy, No, that's okay.
Speaker 16: I'm just excited.
Speaker 3: That's okay, Okay.
Speaker 5: In what decade was Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Is You?
Speaker 5: Released?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I did he? No decade?
Speaker 6: But yeah, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 16: Let's go with nineties.
Speaker 5: Nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 2: To get this next one, right, Andy, need to put baby at the end of it, though, Andy, please, it's.
Speaker 5: The must anticipated book edition.
Speaker 2: I'd warn you.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear this baby, written.
Speaker 5: In illustrated by Doctor Sus. The book version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas was released in What Decade Baby Good one.
Speaker 16: The seven.
Speaker 5: Nineteen fifty seven. That old Grinch trying to ruin your Christmas?
Speaker 2: Andy and my tummies?
Speaker 5: Still two more questions ago? You only need one more correct answer? What decade was Tim Burtons The Nightmare Before Christmas? Released nineties Baby nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Say it to a Burger a week and say it to Betty's Burgers and Concrete Co opens Monday on Chapel Street.
Speaker 14: Why don't mate, that's amazing, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what I need to do just for a bit of tight you said Jack? Can I get you then to say? Just update your and Andy?
Speaker 11: On the first day of Christmas, Christian gave to Andy three burgers for a whole year.
Speaker 7: Why this Christmas shop? Play and stay in the world famous entertainment precinct Chapel Street, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Seeing that advert for Jim's Mowing, It's got all kinds of different spin offs. Do you know that Jim's Cleaning and I saw a new one yesterday. Vang drove past me for Jim's sewing. Okay, today's at work time waste.
Speaker 5: I didn't know to get prepared for comedy.
Speaker 2: Oh, we haven't heard your at work time waste as yet today.
Speaker 5: I'm not happy with them.
Speaker 2: I knew. I think they had come up with good stuff today. This is interesting. I heard Pats mentioned this in primetime mus at five point thirty. Uh, poor Pats has to start half an hour before her. She said, have you heard it though? That read at five thirty?
Speaker 3: Oh, come no, I said, have you heard? It's great? It's really good.
Speaker 4: It's a bit dusty somehow, it's not.
Speaker 2: Air Tasker has a real the laziest suburbs here in Melbourne. I was stunned that Richmond's at number one. Really yeah, I thought like Brighton would be higher, because even last Frida in the show I was talking, you guys were telling about Air Tasker.
Speaker 3: So anyway, today, with.
Speaker 2: All this, Richmond's at number one, south Yarra two, sin Kid at three, Brighton's only number ten. All right, today it's make a song lazy I've got. When I think about you, I couch myself. I would walk five hundred feet, but no more than that. I don't know if you'll know this song, Jack Perats, you remember this I want to have already sexed you up? Do you remember this song? I want to sex you tired? Can you please be already sexed up? Don't wake me up before you go go knackered. Nobody was kung fu fighting? Do they know? It's Christmas? And everything I do I do it for you, but not right now, maybe tomorrow. Get back to it, all right, Jack? What have you got there from? Make a song lazy?
Speaker 5: Instead of eight days a week, eight days a year.
Speaker 3: One open the window for these I think we're into a stinky one.
Speaker 5: Walk to paradise instead of run.
Speaker 2: You walk because you're lazy, absolutely strong, strong to paradise.
Speaker 5: This one's not bad. Working nine to five past nine.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 5: That's a good working day. Finished at the grease, all right?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 2: What a great prize today? Then for make a Song lays as well? You were saying the other day. Wouldn't be great if we could get some passes for to go to vic Zoo? Yes, I've got the mate. Yeah, you're off to Victoria Zoo. And it's a close up encounter and I was chating to him yesterday. It doesn't involve hopping up the packs. No, it's a close ever enco at Victoria Zoo. And let me tell you this age hour as a proud partner of Zoo Victorias all great stuff, all right?
Speaker 3: Then text in, then make a song Lazy The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time now for us to mark your at work time wasters and Gold one oh four point three is something to do every day on the Breadfast Show. You can still a game with a show. You can be at work, don't need to call in, just texting. We designed it for that chatwork time waster. Today after air taskers have build the laziest suburbs in Melbourne, make a song lazy Jack. Are you ready to mark?
Speaker 5: I'll be awarding a golden slug for the laziest entries, all right.
Speaker 2: And one person gets a family entry and a close up in counterpass into Victoria Zoo. Let's not get physical, Olivia Newton John, Let's get filed that for Jason Sleepy class Man Gold Joe Worlder. We are the champions of sleeping Silver Brennan. I want to sit down, not dance with somebody. Silver Sarah in Fitzroy Horn to crawl, silverl Plus smells like teen sleeping gold Escalator to heaven.
Speaker 5: That's good Gold.
Speaker 2: Get this party, but comes get this party finished. Bronze, Yeah, yeah, not subtle. I don't want to dance with anybody. Andrea silvil plus doors all this way.
Speaker 5: I like the use of the word gold.
Speaker 2: With a muzzard in Cranbourne, can't get you out of my bed. Nice Gold, Rebecca Wonder All sleep till Brooklyn based on the first Golden Sla and Tyler bohem this is a great one. Bohemian Napsody, Golden Sla, Amanda and Rosebud take about drive like an Egyptian genius.
Speaker 3: Very very clever, Steve, I have the pillow. We're back down. Joel the guy and give us that stinky one earliest.
Speaker 2: So Joel, I have the die is bad. He's the one that sent ERUs to get this party started. But comes get this point finished. I would drive five hundred miles.
Speaker 5: They borrowed your one.
Speaker 2: Silver Sad time to see you with work like that. Stratos's back living on a bed. That's good Gold shady Okay, Who's who's winning, Who's getting the up closer encounter with the lions? You actually are riding.
Speaker 5: A line Bohemian, nasty.
Speaker 2: Bohemian Naziti goes to you, Amanda.
Speaker 3: Here rosebud Well.
Speaker 1: Done the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, so not long ago. Now for Bungalow, our winning man for one stream until they take the big stage Sunday now talk about that. It is completely sold out one electric day rightly. So it's an amazing line and we've got Jimmy Barnes, the Angels and loads more. Gates open at ten thirty. I know I'm hoping right now there are people listening. You've got your tickets. It'll be amazing. I know a lot of you I've never been before, but I imagine it'd want to get They're ready to get a good spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pat right from the get go. They line up at the gates.
Speaker 2: Do they Yeah, they are all big festivals and you're piling and you've got your spot for the day.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what we wanted to do is when Bungalow come on, they are the first band they know that that's the big price. They're going to be on eleven thirty and then all the bands start the moment they've done their twenty minute set, so hopefully they're going to I thought they're only going to get like two or three songs. They're going to do about five songs, which is amazing half the album. So please, if you are going get there early. I'll be bringing them on stage at eleven thirty, and I'm really hoping that there's a couple of thousand people there. They're going to really want to hear this band when they hear the story and why it's going to be such an amazing performance on so gates open at ten thirty. I'd love it if you could be there at eleven thirty when we bring on Bungalow. Now, yesterday we spoke to the band and I asked him to let us know what they would want on their rider. What would you want a rider?
Speaker 5: I would have a massus backstage massage table and maybe some of those Asaii bowls.
Speaker 3: I like, perhaps what would you have?
Speaker 4: What would I have? I'd have some shampas, no it's shampas.
Speaker 2: Maybe some Brian Adams trivia to read up.
Speaker 4: On no, I'd have Brian Adams.
Speaker 2: Just his head or something his eyes. All right, let's find out then, what did Dow they did see the Bungalow want on his rider this Sunday. Hey, this is Dale.
Speaker 10: I'd like six bottles of deionized spring water, a bottle of crystal Champagne. He's changed, and if possible, one cute bulldog French bulldog. You don't get this Indian or other cute animals such as a chinchilla or a Pekinese to visit and hang out.
Speaker 2: But he gets to leave before too much loud noise is heard so that he or she does not hurt their ears.
Speaker 10: It's important that if said animile visits, they have a safe home to return to.
Speaker 3: Thanks Christian, Thank you Dale. Let's go to Matt the guitarist.
Speaker 14: Hi, it's Matt from Bungalow and my request for a rider is as follows. I love a bottle of eighteen sixty nine Chateau Lafitte ROI sprinkled in truffles, sniffed out by what French wilderness. And we need to top it off with what I think should be the national dish, which is barbie cue banana wrapped in bacon one of.
Speaker 2: Betty's Berger's.
Speaker 6: Jay the Drama Hi there j from Bungalow, currently halfway across Bastrade on a rock and ship for my rider. Oh, it'd like a wig, like a good eighties hairband hair rock wig, because my head got up and left me some time ago and I don't think it's coming back.
Speaker 2: And then finally Judiant as Julian from Bungalow for my rider, we're going to need a dust pan and broom chucks, wipees, spray and wipe. That should do us. I think everything will be fine after that. Okay, so we need to get a chapel strink out of that stuff. Today.
Speaker 5: I can't believe Jay, the guy our baggy channel is coming from Hobart is going on the spirit of Tasmania. Shouldn't he get free or discounted airfares for working at the airport.
Speaker 2: I'll walk you around this office. You're not the like with budgets here. I mean he's lucky we're not making him swim across. Yes, in an ideal world we should have flown him over, but you know he could have just stowed away. Yes, I think that's what he has done. We haven't even paid for that.
Speaker 3: We haven't paid for the very sick ket All right, we'll catch up the boys.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Big show tomorrow for Patsy.
Speaker 2: It's your final chance to keep your Brian Adams tickets for shows so far.
Speaker 5: You didn't even have them yet. Desperate because there's a fifty to fifty chance for you to win every day. I can't believe you don't have them yet.
Speaker 2: But they're still going to leave her with a good fee.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a brand new show.
Speaker 5: Is brand new d I think change your attitude you every day you've come in confident like a world beat to give up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that is the Jack Post way. In fact, that's a tell his his new self help book. It's called just give Up, Just give up, Try, never try, just give up. Fail your ways to success with me and Jack Post. Right then, Ty of today's show is God any burger ideas? And what are you guys up to today?
Speaker 4: I'm listening out for the golden ticket? What about you?
Speaker 2: Check?
Speaker 5: Of course?
Speaker 2: Yeah, every single day, listen up for the Golden song, every single hour and you could be winning Gold. One oh four point three Huge Golden ticket starts with Huggy the
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three