Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, The Christian o'connall Breakfast Show All Request Friday Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Happy Friday. It's two minutes by six Friday morning. Already. I'm in a good movie. And I'll tell you why. It's not just the thought of this beautiful weather we're going to have over the weekend. It's because as it came into work today, I found in the office kitchen here at the radio station some tupperware that I left here a couple of weeks ago that my wife had an actual go at me about, saying, that's it. I'm not giving you the good tuperware. I didn't know we had good and average tupperware. I thought there was just tupperware, and I left it a couple of weeks ago. I just found it. I can't wait to go back home today. This is what I thought. I can't go I knew where it was all along. I had lost a good tuple that. I'm so excited. It's a decent size little tupperwar box.
Speaker 3: What makes a good one in a bad one? Is it the foam scene that seals it shut?
Speaker 4: Up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the special clips, special clips, my friend, not just that. What do you see there? Depth? Depth? I don't like a shut tupperwar Okay, I like depth. Look at that. It's like a swimming pool. What can you put in there? So many left overs, I mean buried in one of these tupe of where things? I love them. So it's an early win for me.
Speaker 3: So it's definitely yours. You didn't just see somebody else's top of good enough?
Speaker 2: All right? Then this morning show, we've got a busy show or request every single Friday, you're picking all the music and the Eagles tickets. We've been giving them away all this week, week five and ten weeks of tickets to various things. At seven thirty today's tickets you can win them right now, and across today's show, we're just asking what are you prepared to offer us for a pair of Eagles tickets? Now, let's just remind you about why these tickets are so special, not just the world's biggest band. Tickets don't go on sale until Monday through ticket Tech, and when they go and sell, they will get that that giog will sell out within what a couple of minutes. Phil Collins can shift here, set out the amy in five minutes. The Eagles will sell out in a couple of minutes. So we got a pair of tickets. However, these are like Wonker's golden tickets to go and see the Eagles have been an amazing gig before they even go on sell. What are you prepared to offer us for our pair of Eagles tickets? Might be a bacon, butty might be a coffee. Normally, when you do an auction, you have like a reserve price. Don't you think we need to set a price? Yes, so two tickets whatever your whatever your offer is, we need to equate it to how much in cash are we going to put down as a reserve price.
Speaker 3: A coffee for all three of us? That should be the bien in Melbourne. That's one hundred dollars with some smashed AVO as well chucked in as well.
Speaker 2: All right, so give us a good one and we're looking for desperados. I try to get later, probably go a bet response nine four one four one four three lines are open now then for your song request and also what are you prepared to offer us for our pair of Eagles tickets? Nine four one four one oh four three, give us call with your off kicking off the swaller with the first request on Wild Wild West by the Escape Club.
Speaker 1: This is for John in Mill Park, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So the last pair of Eagles tickets this week. We're opening it up, not just doing it at seven point thirty. You can call it now and try and bid for them by offering us something for the tickets. That's right. We're looking for Desperadoes production, all right.
Speaker 3: So to get funnier with the music. Yes, yes, that's.
Speaker 2: What was missing when I did it earlier. I didn't have that little bit of production. Sarah, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good and welcome to the show. So Eagles tickets, you're the first person putting any kind of bidding for them, so you are first Desperado yew not over production, Sarah, Yes, carry on, Sarah, what have you got?
Speaker 5: I've got a World of Warcraft Collector's Edition to Alfa.
Speaker 3: Wow, what is what is that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: A CD ROM?
Speaker 5: So it's an online video game that I love and enjoying and have been playing since like the two thousands. So I will offer my most recent one.
Speaker 2: Massive. I've got friends of mine that are into this. It is huge, isn't it? World of Warcraft?
Speaker 5: It's insanely massive?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Now is this sort of thing? Sometimes you can go into those stores and there's like a group of you at the back and they're like ganging Master five permission for the hammer.
Speaker 5: Not quite now, it's not a card game. It's an online game.
Speaker 2: So but there are people that play that kind of stuff at the back of those stores, you know, the ones out there.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you're visiting it.
Speaker 2: So you're right, it's a different dungeon Master I go to.
Speaker 3: So Sarah, I don't know how we get it. If it's online? Do you give us a password for it? Or is it on CD? How do we receive it?
Speaker 2: How do enjoy it?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: The Clicktor's Edition is an actual box. It comes with some artwork, It comes to the paperweight, It comes with the online CD code.
Speaker 2: Not right there? You had me at World of Warcraft paperweight? Can you even buy paper weights anymore? The paperweight?
Speaker 3: This is a putting stuff on the board. Can I just put World of Warcraft paperweight out there?
Speaker 2: That's the sort this amazing offer from Sarah. That's great, mate. Okay, Sarah, thanks a lot. We'll come back to you if we do take up on that delicious offer.
Speaker 7: Ryan Christian, how you doing.
Speaker 2: We've got another.
Speaker 8: Crow?
Speaker 2: Ryan? What are you offering us?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 10: I'm willing to buy your boxing boats back off you and then ring give them.
Speaker 9: Back to you.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, Ryan, I've got good news. So everybody, we have some big negotiations went on yesterday afternoon between me and my wife were to sit down in the kitchen table to the Nike hypercab. Some boots are not going back.
Speaker 7: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so thank you very much, Ryan, but then not going back. But I appreciate the offer, buddy. Have a good weekend, all right, mate, Craig, good.
Speaker 4: Morning, money guys.
Speaker 2: How are you pretty good? Pretty good?
Speaker 11: I'd be happy to push a keg of beer in a beer system through the front doors of your office and put some beers on for you.
Speaker 2: Now we are talking. I thought the paperweight was pretty good, so.
Speaker 3: You would set up a mini bar at the radio station.
Speaker 9: I would.
Speaker 6: It's dangerous button.
Speaker 3: You take it home with you at the end, or you leave it here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we can negotiate how would.
Speaker 2: You feel about I don't think it needs to be at the radio station and at the perfect home for this is round. How do you feel about bringing out to my place?
Speaker 9: Of course I can.
Speaker 2: It's a much better off otherwise. You know what, hug you do here? Just pull the tap on the n underneath it. End of the day, night, Homer, Great, that's a great offer, all right, keeping them coming nine four one four one four three? All right? Then all request, let's find out what we're gonna hear next.
Speaker 12: At the time, please record your message.
Speaker 13: Hi the Spaniel from Sir Morange. What idle request is Runaway Trained by Soul Asylum. The hopes that this train of mine gets encouraged to get me to work on time after being understand still for the past we've seen because Jud's goal.
Speaker 2: It's a great song. It's a great song. But Daniel, you've been a bit of a musket on the show. On a Friday, Buddy in.
Speaker 1: The middle of the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Daniel and South Morange wants to hear this sol Asylum Runaway Train. It's a brilliant song that we hand over all the music to you. Okay, every Friday you forgive single song. All I'm saying is I mean it's a great song. It's a sad oud song on it run away train, never coming give us in the video.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just not the kind of song that pumps people up for the weekend.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't screen Friday. It screams Monday, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Should we do a Monday or request sad songs?
Speaker 2: All right? Then the we got Eagles tickets and what we're going to do. Then we're running this across the show today. What happened till just before nine o'clock we'll announced how we're going to give the tickets or who we're going to give the tickets to, and for what we are looking for? Eagles song, we're looking for desperados. What are you prepared to offer us for our pair of Eagles tickets? It doesn't go n set until Monday. You can win them today on nine four one four one four three. Jack, you are live at the office board. What's the leader office at the moment?
Speaker 3: Well, what do you I've got the magnet so I can switch them around. But what do you like better out of the warcraft paperweight and the keg of beer at your head house. You need to ask can a beer at your house? It doesn't feel like it's really a show thing unless around goes at the top and Emma, good morning.
Speaker 14: There's more in Chestian.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, Emma. Okay, what's your offer for us? Note?
Speaker 14: I am a despritist to the eagle sticks, and I would offer you twenty kilos of tabrit chocolate?
Speaker 2: Okay? Did everyone else's is? Break up of twenty kilos? Over when it's.
Speaker 3: Twenty kilos like we have to carry it together?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Chocolate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like nineteen kilos to be anything to do with salted caramel. You're on? Yeah, how can you get hold of twenty twenty keys of grade A chocolate?
Speaker 6: I have little access into the tabri factor and ringwoods?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is this is this like in Shrewshank Redemption where he puts the rocks in his pocket every day as he goes down into the yard and you have to do.
Speaker 2: Then. I can't get it all to you. I can do it installments every Friday. Meet me around the back of gold and I have another couple of keys in the boot of my car. What a great offer. Twenty kids of chocolates. We work out the Wonka factory. But I do have his cheese even better. That's funny, Emma. Thank you very much. Chris. Good morning. Only here you going on a desperado and I would like to half for my missus to come in and cook chicken pies for everyone. Chicken pie. Here's a love of chicken pie. Right.
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 7: We sensational.
Speaker 2: Oh don't doubt that a chicken pie. Now, your wife, what's her name, Chris?
Speaker 7: Lorraine?
Speaker 2: Does she know about the sofa?
Speaker 7: He's kinda soon if I get him.
Speaker 2: Hey, listener, and we're going to see the eagles.
Speaker 1: Whoo?
Speaker 2: You know you not coming? You've got a lot of cooking to do. Okay, A chicken buike cook by Chris's wife. Thank you very much, Chris, Andrew, how are you, Chris? I'm pretty good, Andrew. We had a good week. And welcome to the show. And what have you got for tickets?
Speaker 4: I can offer you guard manes and your lawns for you, even tell you the clippings away. I'm a desperado.
Speaker 2: Desperado, you say, I think is Andrew? I don't really have any lawn.
Speaker 3: Problem is it is Yes, you got you've got, You've got a little patch, but it's it's almost the size of the lawnmower of the patch.
Speaker 2: Time you crank it up, you move it, the grass is cut. And also the dog's got a job of destroying that with a peepee as well.
Speaker 3: It's not growing at the moment.
Speaker 12: How easy with doors though, Christian, you might be able to fix that dodgy door.
Speaker 2: You've got possibly do that.
Speaker 16: Even if you need any house cleaning you I can use.
Speaker 2: A blower in the house. That's a good way to clean the house.
Speaker 3: Just choose one room that you won't.
Speaker 2: All right, Andrew, thank you very much your offer. Thank you Chiers buddy nine four four one four three.
Speaker 1: Keep them coming the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Hooters And we asked the bridget in mentone part of the agreement with my wife, I had to go to mentone. Yesterday's just some dress shop with my wife for her address or Derby Day. That was the penance for the boxing boots discovery yesterday.
Speaker 3: Are you really get to keep them? Will you wear them to Derby Day?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Interesting stunt around bird cage in boxing boots oheous Look all right, then we're doing this every single day this week Melbourne Cup Carnival tickets. You're off to the Lexus Melbourne Cup date Tuesday, the sixth of November. The world came. Wait, the Melbourne Cup Carnival is coming. All right, it's another song at the races. You gonna listen to the song tough One again today. I haven't listened to.
Speaker 17: This racing Standing jumps well straight to the lead at the limit of an angle section, followed by straining. Didn't like a runway back lost at sea on the outside thing, settling city ho a rainy die down in the harbor, turning for home, watching as the gray cloud shadow swoops the bay, looking everywhere.
Speaker 2: Did hate because I had to find you. M what I think? The song is nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Tom on that then Betty Idle rebel yell that you can can spot the song at the races.
Speaker 17: Racing Standing jumps well straight to the lead at the limit of an angle section.
Speaker 2: Followed by straining.
Speaker 17: Then like a runway further back lost at sea on the outside thing seidling city, ho a rainy die you down in the harbor, turning for home, watching as the gray cloud shadow swoops the.
Speaker 2: Bay looking everywhere? Did het? Because I had to find you? All right? Guess the song of the races? You can be off to the lexus alboun cup day. All right, let's go to the lines now with the guest is Melinda Coome morning, Good morning, Good morning, Melinda. How are you this morning?
Speaker 14: You well, yeah, I'm very well, thank you Christian excellent news.
Speaker 2: All right, then, what do you think the song is?
Speaker 14: Is it reckless by James Rain?
Speaker 3: I thought the same. It was my first thought as well, Millennia with all that Sydney Harbor stuff. Yeah, but it doesn't quite fit, does it? Do you know in your heart it doesn't quite fit?
Speaker 2: You listen to your heart in life it says that's not the song. But then that's not the right answer. Might have a nice weekend. Okay, we'll got it off. Paul, come on, good morning, good morning, Paul. What do you reckon?
Speaker 9: It is great Southerland ice house.
Speaker 2: Wow, good spot, big Australian anthem as well, brilliant song. We played it yesterday. That is the right answer. You've got the tickets. Well done, mate, right down and have a good weekend. Welcome. Wait, the Melbourne Cup carnival is coming all right? Then coming up next up that this sab break, we're going to go back to the lines nine four one four one oh four three Jack, what are our favorite offers so far? Then we've got the Eagles tickets. We're opening it up today. We've been giving them away all this week. At seven thirty we're opening up across the show. We're looking for desperadoes for the tickets.
Speaker 3: So people's offers include a keg of beer that he's going to bring over to your house, Christian, a warcraft paperweight, Wow, twenty year kilograms of chocolate, assorted chocolate bars from Cabri, Chris's wife's chicken pie. Think her name is Lorraine. He's offered her to come in and cook that Forrayne isn't aware of the offer yet, but apparently it's going to be up for this. Apparently the chicken pie is amazing, and someone to come over, mode of the lawns, clean the house, that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, this, so what have you got then? What are you prepared to offer us for these last chance Eagles tickets before they even go on sound on Monday one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, so Friday morning, it's ten to seven, big weekend. It's going to be beatiful weekend with the weather as well in this great city. So we need big songs. You want to control the music every single Friday. So let's make the next couple of hours up until ten o'clock this morning on Gold one I four point three the best songs on the radio. So I've got a great someone out to play here that screams Friday. I'm looking at what we've got lined up for after seven o'clock, and obviously the thing is normally we have all the music planned out. We've got our music team right now by the record libry pricking out all the songs you want to hear. We need something big to come off the back of Patsy's seven o'clock news. So I'm looking for a song for seven o'clock this morning to kick start the next hour of power on the show. What do you want to hear? Nine four one four one four three. But this now, this is a great Friday song.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Let you pick all the music every Friday on the show. This is a Debbie. Also here tub dumb and by Chumber, one bad and really flat week. I'm gonna picker myself up and push it on one und Debbie, how you have a good weekend? Six fifty three? All right? So we got these amazing tickets. Go and see the Eagles when they're over next year. The tickets don't even go on sell until the other mundlies that don't listen to the Great Gold one oh four point three until Monday. The old bleds can have them. But you get them right now. We're going to get them away good tonight this morning for the best offer we have for them. Well, that's right, we're looking for desperadoes. All right, let's go back to the lines now, Jackie, good.
Speaker 6: Morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 18: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm really good Jackie, and I hope you're in the Friday mood as well. What have you got from? Well?
Speaker 6: I have the best pazzlo over. I can't sing, but I can make a really great po krispy shechell on the outside, soften pillowy marshmallow on the inside, piled high with cream.
Speaker 3: Have you had money you came here? Have you had much?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Jackie, I thought the ingredients was getting off on that. It was like food pawns. I was chucking into the pillowy center. You know, I'm plowing those marshmallows she's got, and you know suddenly you're droning on him. Yes, I haven't heard a lot of pavlo.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Jackie, I think I interrupted the last couple of ingredients. If you want to give them again.
Speaker 2: You know, when someone trips at the bar, they fall into you, spilling and drinks. Everyone goes, who is that idiot? So jack just did that? Jackie? Your Pavlova sounds absolute, but we will stick it to our leader board as well. Okay, I love sounds gorgeous.
Speaker 6: With mango and a lovely very cool well.
Speaker 19: Wow, lovely very.
Speaker 2: I can I'm picturing it all right, thanks Jackie.
Speaker 9: Stan, I'm a desperado Christian.
Speaker 3: They're obviously making them good.
Speaker 2: With it, so an hour later they've kicked. They're just gonna away from my head now, said the statement, Stan standing man what have you got for us? Mate? For the Eagles tickets?
Speaker 9: Actually, Chris is Dan as in Daniels desperate. Dan.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, mate. Here's here's what happens. I have people that come in apparently to assist me on the show. They go out of their way to screw up wherever they can. How do you hear you say?
Speaker 1: Stan?
Speaker 2: They go down? Alright, stand it Dan? No, stand Dan? Sorry about that? Okay, Dan? What have you got for us? Mate?
Speaker 9: I've got an offer for you. Now, you guys obviously have business cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I've never had one in my life. I always dreamt of having one.
Speaker 9: Really well, I got an offer for you.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 9: I'm a letter press printer and we have a bit of a national market. So what I'm offering you is a beautiful six hundred gram cotton stop.
Speaker 2: It's like American Psycho. Now you know what's eggshell? Business cards.
Speaker 9: Printed in deep black letter press with gold one O four in gold.
Speaker 3: Then I do like a letter press. They got to say, I'm a sucker for that in bossing?
Speaker 2: Do you know what? I always trying to having a business card, because you know, this isn't a proper job. So I've never had a business card. I don't even know what I've put under there?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: What would you put on yours? Jackpost organic broadcaster?
Speaker 9: I like that.
Speaker 2: Maybe I just put occasional mumbler.
Speaker 3: That's what you get when you're in organic broadcasters. Some some of the friends with perfect some of the friends like fits.
Speaker 2: I have, Christian O'Connell, I do like Pavlova and I have had since I've come here. All right, Uh, Dan's back. You got to Dan. That's a great offer with add it to our leader bad k Nope, Dan's Gohn Glenn we hope that's his name.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it is today, Christian. I'm a death barado too. How are you today?
Speaker 2: Pretty good mate? What do you got for the tickets? Buddy?
Speaker 19: All right, So I've got something for the whole gang. It's a weekend away up on the River Murray in a five star cabin. It's four bedrooms, two queens beds and two double size beds. Every room's got its own TV, own air conditioner, got a massive deck out the front. Past that, it's got its own landscape ten meter area which is paved with a fire pit at private lawn right on the banks of the Murray.
Speaker 2: So this is your place you obviously what rent it out?
Speaker 19: And no, no, no, no, just get away from me and my wife. So we work work pretty hard, but that's our sanctuary. If you want me to come away, then I'll take you out on the boat. We'll go to a winery via the boat and you can the river married. So being new to Australia if you haven't and residing in Victoria, if you haven't been.
Speaker 2: To the river marry, haven't yet know just had some the other day, you don't, you don't know what.
Speaker 19: You're missing, and sort of living in Victoria's going to.
Speaker 7: The river Murray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially now the weathers. But this sounds great effering and Glenn, I feel bad for asking us. But do the others have to come or is it?
Speaker 19: Well, I'm not I'm the depends as well. What gets me across the line.
Speaker 3: I guess he's got all those separate rooms with their own TVs. We could all three of us could go up there and then not see each other, catch.
Speaker 2: Up on a Monday and go what did you watch? All right? All Chris, what have you got for us?
Speaker 10: Christian Morning, Jack Morning, Pats morning?
Speaker 2: All hang on, I recognize This is this Chris, as in Pats husband, Chris, Yes, it is. How are you mon?
Speaker 10: I'm very very morning now, Chris.
Speaker 3: I don't get what they let you through to win Eagles tickets for beggars to win the workout.
Speaker 10: I was trying to be anonymous.
Speaker 7: What can't you find the super producer picture as soon.
Speaker 2: As I caught and they're on it today? Mate. Now I know you're a big Eagles fan. You're just with these tickets, mate, I am I can't.
Speaker 10: I can't put the weekend away. But you haven't just come out and stayed out of place.
Speaker 7: But that's not what offer.
Speaker 10: I have now, Jack, put your listening is on here, mate, because this is very important. You might not bear across this. I'm happy to swap a semi complete nineteen eighty two original collection of the Masters of the Universe figures.
Speaker 7: Oh what upfront?
Speaker 10: And honest, I am missing skeleton because he was pinched many many years ago by Made of Mind. No, I don't have a skeletal, but ninety nine percent of the collection is one hundred percent complete.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I say that one percent missing. If it hasn't got skeletal, then I'm already not that interested me.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, but hang on, I've got a sweetener.
Speaker 7: Oh if if I was to get four tickets.
Speaker 10: I'd throw in a twelve inch mister t Ford slash ba barakas Dole, very very very very rare. And if that doesn't do it, he's even got his his bolt cutters still complete in his overalls. Go, it's not a sweetener. I'm happy to donate my current wife's.
Speaker 12: Kidney, considering I only have one. That's a worry, Chris.
Speaker 2: So far we've had en off of Chris's wife's chicken pie. Now we're going to Pats's kidney. This is we're only in our entity's office as well, Chris, we'll add all of those great sweetness. There's there's so many to get in there.
Speaker 3: I understand why you guys live out of town now so you can have the shipping container of all Chris toys.
Speaker 12: And yes, he's never grown up.
Speaker 2: He's got to live in the ship and containing. All right, Chris, have a good weekend. Nice to talk to you, mate.
Speaker 10: Who can you grab half a dozen kids of my high points?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Back around the Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I haven't got o c D. But the are we? I could get my head around the post code binger when it was kind of like ten, one and four, But now they're chucked in this two o'clock. The oddness of the ten one two four.
Speaker 3: Their prime numbers.
Speaker 2: I see the boss rushing out the door yesterday. What is it still? Ten white?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 2: Ten one two four? I'm out of here bye, pick it up tomorrow? All right? Then, so were you and control the music every single Friday on the show. It's god one oh four point three. It's the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. I was looking for a bigs on a kick off this hour, Mark has it for us. Good morning, Mark, a botanic reach.
Speaker 9: Hey Christian, Hey, I'm good mate.
Speaker 2: You're ready for Friday? What you're up to this weekend?
Speaker 19: Hopefully enjoying some of the beautiful sunshine because it's looking pretty good.
Speaker 20: Out of there.
Speaker 2: It's amazing already, Mark, what can we play for you this morning?
Speaker 9: How about that?
Speaker 21: We burst in know it with a bit of Patrick and.
Speaker 2: Now this is more like it. This is a great Friday song. Mark, have a top weekend. Enjoy the sunshiny Melbourne. Thanks Buddy Gold one oh four point three. Come on, here's a Christian O'Connell break Ford Show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: You're picking all the music on nine four one four one four three Eagles tickets. We've got the last pair of tickets this week. We're asking you what are you prepared to offer for them. We've got some great office. We'll take you through the until the next ten minutes. We're doing it up and across the show today until to nine yesterday. As a parent, the horrific moment the one of the kids ask you to hop out with the homework because all you are is exposed to have been a little bit for me, a little bit thick subject. As soon as I said, if it's English or anything like that, then I'm fine, okay. But there's one when I'm just useless that and that is maths, mainly because I've actually failed it. I failed my maths exam at school and I didn't bother resetting it. I lied to the college I went to afterwards because you had to have, you know, just you had to have maths and English as a basic. And I said, I've got mask got grade A and they never checked, so I've been living a lie. I'm not sure if the Australian Immigration to know that I liked about that a math squolavigation, I don't have it. Might have to go back to Pommeland after today's show is going to dry Airport. Uh and so Ruby goes yesterday and especial because she's fourteen, so it's I know she's doing mass. It's going to be something quite complicated.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, what age do they get to? Because I imagine pat in primary school. You're probably still over Audrey's math barely bairly.
Speaker 2: When you've spoken about she's honest to any of that is sure? Five apples to take away to and replace it one orange. Perhaps I got no idea, I got.
Speaker 12: No grand final if that was any indication.
Speaker 22: Well, she's grade one and I do I do struggle English like Christian English is fine, but yeah, Christian sometimes has to do.
Speaker 2: So I go. My heart sinks straight away. It said I'm not around. Yeah, I listen to this question and question D. Everyone eyes down. Explain why X squared equals zero has only one solution, but X squared equals what has two? I look at that and and blood starts coming out my ears. It's just short circuits me and I'm like, I even said, I've got no idea. She actually said to me, really, why don't you know this? I said, I don't. I don't. I don't need to know it. And I felt a sense of it list and everything you don't need at school. You don't need to know a lot of it, but you do need to.
Speaker 3: It's true. We did so many years of that X, that pesky X. He was always something different.
Speaker 2: It's the bane of our lives. I mean, I really really struggled in the end. I had to do do what we do now for parents. You go to the internet. Don't you literally cut and paste?
Speaker 3: Did you do it in front of her?
Speaker 2: And no, job my memory. I go into the to lot of the talk, get out old Google, chuck it in there. And before that I did the first thing as well. Do you do this, pats where you go you try and make out that you not knowing the answer. You try and cover up with a little bit of camouflage. You go, it isn't my homework. I could tell you the answer. But but now she's fourteen, she's like, no, not buying that one. You got good couple of years with that one, Dad, But no, come on, cuff up, what's it's good? A tourer face. It came out and I go, I think it's this. She goes, did you just go and have a look a Google? And yeah, but just to check, just to check I had it right. I don't want to give you any bad advice, but I hate math's homework.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three next half an hour, it's about you jumping on the phone trying to take these Eagles tickets out of our hands with your offers on nine four one oh four three. Now there's a movie everyone's raving about. My family can't wait to see it when it finally comes out. Everyone is talking about this Bradley Cooper movie with Lady Gaga and the trails look amazed. I've been listening to some of the songs on the soundtrack and it looks like it's going to be everyone's raving about this movie. So there's a big exclusive screening here in Melbourne last night, and producer Bex was there on half of this show, and I've asked to sort of prepare a movie review, and here it is.
Speaker 3: I didn't prepare any movie.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, you know you were there representing the show, okay, And I know you're used to sort of being out in the sticks. So I think it's that the first time about twenty years, you've been inside a cinema house. She kept asking people, So are they there on stage acting it out? Can I meet Bradley afterwards? How does he get in that screen?
Speaker 3: How do they get bigger and smaller and bigger and smaller?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Does he crouches just walking out out of way? How they do that?
Speaker 23: I had this really weird salty thing in a cup too, called popcorn.
Speaker 2: So tell us about A Star is Born? Is it great?
Speaker 12: It was amazing?
Speaker 23: Everyone going sea it. It's out October eighteenth, I think. But yeah, incredible and incredible for way to Gaga.
Speaker 3: What an amazing actress?
Speaker 2: Now you Baddy Badi Gouber, when he had the first meeting with her, said, look, you can be in the movie, but you can't wear any makeup. You're beautiful, but you're not being caked in makeup. Yeah.
Speaker 23: She starts a film very she's very natural looking, but as she becomes more of a pop star within the story, she gets very gar goed up if you like. But yeah, she's very beautiful naturally.
Speaker 2: And it's a remake or is she playing Ringo Star? It's the Beatles story.
Speaker 3: A Star is s T A R R Star is born.
Speaker 2: I hate people going and go when does Ringo start? This is a prequel before the beat Okay, So what'd you say? It's one of the best movies you've seen the last couple years.
Speaker 3: How would you Definitely?
Speaker 23: I would give it a nine out of ten.
Speaker 2: And what was the last movie you saw this weekend of was it et or Cocoon two? All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: He'll Billy backs the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All quest Friday C C. Peniston come only having a arguing with our head of music at the station out whether it's okay to play some Kenny Rodgers until the next half an hour. You familiar with the Great Canada?
Speaker 3: Say again?
Speaker 2: I asked, just out damn it, he's getting smarter, you know, minute by minute. I just said to me, you know, Kenny Rogers. Soone's Kenny Wagers and he goes to a guided danger zone. Is Kenny's confused?
Speaker 12: There Iland in the stream?
Speaker 2: Jeck ten weeks of tickets, the Christian O'Connell break the shows, ten weeks of tickets. Every morning at seven thirty am, you'll chance to win tickets to the biggest shows in town. You're going to know when to hold and when to file by friends, all right? This week Eagles tickets. They go and sound Monday morning for the World tour when it rolls into town Tuesday, March the fifth that the Rod Laver Arena. Get your tickets through ticket Tech Monday, or even give them away. All this week, Week five, they've been the star. Eagles are for ten weeks of tickets. Next week he's back and he's got VIP tickets. Phil Collins, the filometers, how many fels. It's all back Monday to Friday. Next week is seven thirty right now though, Eagles tickets and we'll be done then. To make this even fairer and open to more of you, we just need an offer. There are last Eagles tickets before we go on sound Monday. What are you prepared to offer for our Eagles tickets? The office here's some of the office we've had so far at nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 5: I've got a World of Warcraft Collector's edition to offer. It comes to the paperweight, I.
Speaker 6: Have the best pezzl over. I can't think that I can make a really great pa.
Speaker 11: I'd be happy to push a keg of beer in a beer system through the front doors of your office and put some beers on for you.
Speaker 18: I would offer you twenty two rows of table.
Speaker 4: Chocolate gons and your lawns for you. Even the clippings are like, I'm a desperado. I'd like to offer my missus to come in and cook chicken pies.
Speaker 2: Does she now about this offer?
Speaker 7: It's gonna soon if I get them, they're great.
Speaker 2: So that's what we've happen in the last hour and a half. You're if you have to pick one right now. We're going to do this up until quarter to nine. Then one ounce. Who's got the tickets? What's your favorite the moment?
Speaker 3: My favorite wasn't even in that montage. I like the letter press business cards with the gold letter.
Speaker 2: It's really sad, but me too. I'm also to like the offer of chicken pie. Twenty kilos of chocolate is great, but I worry about what that would do to us, because it says you sat in your ass here every single morning for a couple of hours anddly we've got and also you think about the airport. You always get those oversized the office, don't they Whatever you buy and you just want some water, they go, do you want to You're they're trying to do. They look at you, you here and go no, no, I just I just want the waters and they go kido Chuckler. You're seeing the offer. But twenty knos and that and the chicken buy is good as well. Let's go to the lines there. We've got some more offers. Andrew, good morning. Hey, how I a are good? Andrew?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Sound here Andrew, Andrew, what's your offer? Mate?
Speaker 4: I've got a little little gold nugget.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to go.
Speaker 4: It's half the size of a fire, said past roughly, you've got.
Speaker 2: A gold nugget. With being panhand creek.
Speaker 4: There's some prospecting. So yeah, I got a little nugget to offer.
Speaker 3: You're really a prospector not Southern gold style?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What did you do at the bush?
Speaker 12: Really wearing the bush? I want to know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wants the exact GEO location for this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't tell you, unfortunately.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 3: I read the book about the Eureka Stockade, and I really, for a moment wanted to become a prospector. There must be more gold out there.
Speaker 4: There's lots.
Speaker 2: You will sound like a hillbilly from a movie. There must be some gold out down them hills. They can't have got it all hand. I'd love the super better to offer us actual gold for our tickets, our golden tickets, a golden nugget.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's correct, Andrew.
Speaker 3: I'd do it just for the treasure mat if you have it, if you say X marks the spot on the melways time out there.
Speaker 2: That's great, Andrew, that's a great offer. Thanks you call mate. We're add it to the lead a board Erica.
Speaker 16: Yes, good morning, Christian. I'm a death for artist.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what have you got for us then, Erica.
Speaker 16: I'd like to offer you, guys, both of you, two for one here and name the waxing waxing that is waxed.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you could do with that, Christian.
Speaker 2: Earlier, Yeah, I mentioned in the old dress that a thousand colors on it. Joseph and the Technic color dream dress.
Speaker 3: Revenge is best served cold in a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Whoa sorcer milk for the cat? All right? So so let me get that right. Is it naval waxing?
Speaker 16: Trowing that too?
Speaker 2: I'm happy with the nave. Actually we don't need that wax.
Speaker 3: Should so shoved the wax up.
Speaker 2: The nose as well?
Speaker 16: Yes, yes, you put it up the nose of the stick and I wait a minutes and pulled straight out that would hair.
Speaker 2: You're yanking on the nasal hairs.
Speaker 16: Yep, you're still all queen.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, what's an unusual offer with and this is this your business?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 16: Yes, I'm a beauty therapist. So actually it's quite good.
Speaker 18: Because your boys don't speak to the head.
Speaker 16: Oh my, okay, we'll keep you clean for a few months.
Speaker 12: Just spick and span for Derby Day boys.
Speaker 2: Ah a right, okay, Erica, thank you very much. We'll add it to the mix. Jake, Yes, good morning, Yes, and Chris, good morning, Jake. Welcome to the show. Buddy, you had a great week. What's your offer for our Eagles tickets?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 2: I am a desperado and hang on there, Jake, please production ye continue.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're my partner works at a service station and we're offering free tanker fuel and a year of fulle free Swoopyes.
Speaker 2: Dad likes sloppees too. That's a great free tank of fuel.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well that's worth about five hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Tickets are worth quite a bit of money. But free tank of fuel. That's so often there when you say your partner again, is this some sort of dodgy backhand deal where we've got to turn up at midnight and fill up the car?
Speaker 8: Or no, we'll play for it.
Speaker 3: You'll just turn the cameras up for a little bit the other way?
Speaker 2: God, God, no, then just chucking us up, you ap me, get out of it, get out of over the boss sat Jake would add it to the board. Thank you very much. We're gonna take a break and we'll play another song. We'll come back to more of your office on nine four one four one oh four three. What have you got for us that you can offer us for the Eagles tickets.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Mentor's anything another great requests that's all mixed ten to eight on god one oh four point three. We're looking for more of your songs coming up after rights we got this morning nine four one four one oh four three. You pick all the songs, however, I will say two things. One still playing some If you want to hear an Eagle song? Have you actually? If you were to control the music today, Dad Jack, what Eagle song would you play? What are you working? It feels like a nice Friday vibe?
Speaker 3: My I only really know Hotel California. Take it easy. I know we've been playing a few of the fast flaying.
Speaker 2: One I reckon this has got a nice Friday feel as well. And take it easy, you know.
Speaker 3: If I could play anything I played in me first in the Gimme Gimmes punk cover.
Speaker 2: Of That is a good cover version of actually very good cover version of So Yeah. We're looking for your song requests on Noine four one four one four three, And let me know how you feel about Kenny Rogers. At the moment there is a standoff between me and Chris Ahead of Music. He's saying no to Kenny Rodgers. I mean, there are so many Ruby Don't take your Love to tow isn't just a song. It's like a dramatic play in there. He's in a wheelchair, poor old Matial. She's getting ready to go out. He's in there. Wasn't it him that started that damn old Vietnam War.
Speaker 3: I think this is the problem Chris has with your songs, is you choose rock operas and things. That Billy Joel song you chose. It was seventeen minutes long, about the past lest or.
Speaker 12: I don't knock that song, thank you very much. It's a beautiful song.
Speaker 2: All right. Let's go back to lives now, find out what were being offered for our Eagles tickets? The last pair of this morning Faye, good morning.
Speaker 18: Hi Christian.
Speaker 24: I'm a desperado.
Speaker 2: Hang on their face and wow what you got for us? Fee?
Speaker 18: I'd like to offer an original picture vinyl of et Ah.
Speaker 16: That's from me from Manila, I think in nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 3: Manila, the home of et.
Speaker 2: That's where he is now, that's where he retired. To the little fans going nice placed out there.
Speaker 3: What's a picture finyl?
Speaker 2: It's so it's the record that sound I remember those. There's probably worth quite a bit of money, Fave. You have a look online to see what they're going for. No, I haven't. It's probably worth quite a bit money. They're really rare. Those picture vinyls and et on what the et from the movie soundtrack?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes, awesome? What much songs that they have on that? Actually remember any of the songs from Eating No, no.
Speaker 18: No, just the actual music from the movie score.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so is it like you know when they label that though they like interlude, they give them funny thing. It's the thing where it flies on his bike, it is in.
Speaker 3: The cupboard, gets drunk, Eliot's lament.
Speaker 2: Fate. It's a strong contender, actually, what it's gone straight the top for me. I like that one. Let's go to lean Good morning Leanne.
Speaker 24: Good morning Christian. I'm a desperado.
Speaker 3: Strow.
Speaker 24: Yes, I would like to offer you to come and cuddle one of their wombats. Oh god, yeah that'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Hey oh it really would? They look so cute? And do they like to be hugged? Yeah yeah, very careful, hashtag me too. I don't really hugging anything. And suddenly that photo comes out and then they go the wombat wasn't happy.
Speaker 24: It's okay. They're not on Instagram or Twitter, so all good. They're very well back. Well, they're kind of well behaved.
Speaker 2: Now you're scaring me.
Speaker 24: They're just naughty. They're just awesome, best animals to care for.
Speaker 3: Can they be vicious? They got claws?
Speaker 24: Oh yeah, yeah, No, it's the taste you're worry about. Only when they're older. These guys are quite young, so they're they're good fun all right.
Speaker 2: And so do you look after an animal rescue center?
Speaker 24: How can we've got Okay, we run a we run a wildlife shelter up in Cockatoo. Yeah, so we've got two one bats in care at the moment, and we've got possums so you can also cuddle a possum. Uh and just some birds at the moment. So yeah you should.
Speaker 2: I think you should do that cuddle from a wombat, I mean the office at the moment, Kega bear a world of Warcraft baer and a cuddle from a womba. You know, I hope the Eagles all listening to this back in America. They're just getting a good idea of how much excitement there is here in Australia about you coming.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's a great one.
Speaker 3: And before we lose you, can you answer a question that never really got answered on the show The square poos. Is that true?
Speaker 24: Yes, it is in cubes, yep.
Speaker 2: And how do they do that? They've got like a little cookie cutter down there.
Speaker 24: No, they don't have a cookie cutter. It's just the way it comes out, comes out in cubes and it stacks up really nicely.
Speaker 2: You can very very funny. Okay, you're going on the leader board. Thank you very much, Laura, Thank you, thank you, Laura. Good morning, Good morning, Laura. Welcome to the show. What have you got for us?
Speaker 21: Okay, so I am a serious desperado.
Speaker 2: Continue.
Speaker 21: I've got something that I've been hanging on to for eighteen years. I have a hair collection and it centers around a wax strip with a pickly falled snail trail on it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no ask no questions, move on, scratch it from the podcast. Let's going to Christine. Christine, good morning, good morning. Me play this just to cleanse my mind. Christine, help me out. What do you offer.
Speaker 15: To but not that gross? Being a dressmaker specializing in dance, I do everything like hera I can offer you guys, matching mankinis and even bling them up.
Speaker 2: We're repairing on the boat at the bird Cage time tarby day manke.
Speaker 8: Up, Yes, ready for the summer.
Speaker 3: What's the is the mankini the boar at one?
Speaker 8: Yes, that's the one.
Speaker 2: We need to have a little bit of manscaping, just to trim everything up there in the old bush.
Speaker 3: I don't know, don't understand why we're not allowed to talk to Lisa, but you're allowed to go to the bird cage in a mankini.
Speaker 2: All right, Christine, that's a good that's an original offer. Okay, thank you very much. Okay, stop breeding there.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, bon.
Speaker 2: Jovi living on a player or request Friday every single Friday with us on the Redfast Show. Then come on, it's a Christian O'Connor Breadfast Show. That's lot Norella in Croydon North are asking for Bonjovi to kick us off there living on a prayer. It's ten minutes past eight, all right, so now we're going to try this. We can move tombstone text. I want you to have a look at your phone when it's safe and look at the most recent text on the top one be one you sent or received. Imagine that now is your tombstone. It's there forever. When people come and pay their respects, they just see whatever it says. For me, it's have you sorted someone out for the barbie. That's always going to say on my tombstone. If you come and pay you respects to me, have you sort of? You can guess it is from my wife. Here's the situation. I don't even know how to phrase this right into Google to book someone to come out and do this right. We've got this barbecue. I'm desperate to use it right so I can have my first barbecue. You know. We've got this this rental place we're in, it's got a really nice stainus steel outside barbecue. It is huge. I could run a food kitchen from it. I get the gas canister the week of brand new ones. It's all ready to go. However, I went to turn it on the other days to test it out, and all lights up, the rings lights up and all that. But there's a hissing noise coming from somewhere, either the the the pipe or the hose. I guess you call it going from the canister to the gas rings. A hissing noise and a really overpowering smell. Of gas. So obviously there's a leak somewhere. I don't know if it's the hose and donna start ripping that out and putting a new hose in. Who would you even google?
Speaker 3: Usually duct tape is just duct tape it up, seriously, get around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but who would I?
Speaker 12: You need a plumber? Plumber will come out?
Speaker 2: Do you not think a gas engineer? Who would know? I think it's a plumber.
Speaker 3: I'll just look him up and the.
Speaker 2: Gas I think it's the plumber.
Speaker 12: Yea, yeah, i'd get your local plumber.
Speaker 2: Age going through the change. So is that what you think? I need a plumber?
Speaker 3: I feel like a would be underwhelmed by this.
Speaker 2: Anyone. Those are electricians right as soon as you call them, they do this, and they need this one today, you want it today, fit you in at five, and they just honestly right where I where we're renting out base side, you have to pay like a base side tax put outside. They go, okay, we'll get the old bayside to tariff out now.
Speaker 3: Then it turns out that the hoes that you need to replace it actually got to be shipped in from somewhere else.
Speaker 2: But luckily he's got one last one the cart eighty thousand dollars.
Speaker 12: You can bind them at Bunnings or the Bits and Pieces.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm not fitting at myself. I'm not you know. I couldn't even do the maths same week yesterday. I'm not anything with gas leaks and stuff.
Speaker 12: That I have to be someone listening that could help a man out.
Speaker 2: I don't want to free be. I'm happy to pay okay or eaglesticks. I ask Jack and Pats what's theirs? Next? You call in now? Then tell me about those recent texts. That Tobby phone. It's your tombstone? What does it say? Nine four one four one four three? Back to you picking music? What about this one of the best songs you've played so far this morning? Len Do you remember listening to nineties still My Sunshine I'm Gold one oh four point three. This is a brilliant Friday song.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Then from the nineties still My Sunshine requests Friday. This is where we let you pick the music and get some surprises up this. This sounds brilliant. Imaginely being played into Kenny Rogers. I bet you can only imagine it. Head of music Chris, who is still saying no to Kenny Rogers and man Tyler. Kenny is a man Tyler life, Chris, It's still a good one. Look at your sound pound all right? Seventeen minutes O'Connell Breakfast Show and God one four point three producer breaks is angry with me to you here it just buzz through. Then down is conning in about your gas? Barbie non about tombstone text where Donne Jack? What's what's the textall? And Toppy what's a Textllent.
Speaker 3: Top text only said twenty minutes ago. I'm getting a delivery that has to sign for today if you can look out for it.
Speaker 2: Mom and dad Mum, yeah what she wash get him? Then? Is it a lit role holder that actually fits to the wall.
Speaker 12: Christiana brought another pair of shoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I'm now going to start here this some guys you're if I order stuff online, I'll want you guys to hide it for me and store it around it yours.
Speaker 12: I'm running out of room as a master.
Speaker 3: It's me expecting the delivery in my mind, mushrooms they're coming in.
Speaker 2: Oh no, kind of your parents signing for drugs. They're oh, we've got Shannon on the show today. What's going on. You're the kind of guy that could easily get duped into something like that. I can see me having a Goda Court as a character witness.
Speaker 3: I see you putting your mushrooms into the tea.
Speaker 2: Call it my mushrooms. You know the golden rule in the show, we don't talk about Christian special mushroom drink. Your mum's signing your mushroom mushroom.
Speaker 3: There's nothing worse than getting that letter that said you have to go pick it up from the post office, because.
Speaker 2: Then I look at it and say, what he worth it to me? I pretend I haven't seen it, hoping that my wife will sitting and go and go. I think this is for you. It's in your name, but I got you some dresses and stuff. Jennifer. Oh, hey, hi Jennifer. And what's the text on your phone? Though?
Speaker 14: Did you get your diner working?
Speaker 2: That's now on your tombstone? Okay?
Speaker 14: I know, God help me, and the kids always said it was going to be I haven't got time to be dead.
Speaker 2: And your dinger's broken, madam? What's up with it.
Speaker 14: No, it's not my diner, it's somebody else's dinner. He didn't have his diinger working.
Speaker 2: That's awful when that happens to a man. It happened to me once. I was very tired. I had to explain to my wife and everything was still fine. But so when you say dinger, what do you mean like door bell?
Speaker 14: No, it refers to the notifications sound when I send him a text message. It's not dinging.
Speaker 12: Oh it's on silent.
Speaker 2: I love the fact you called it a ding. I'm now going to call it a dinger. I always I always judge someone, you know, when you're out about and someone's still got that really noisy, Ki, Yeah, really noisy. They've got it on their phone. You just look at them like you're a thousand years old. You turn that off.
Speaker 3: That's mum. Mum's dinger is so lad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just didn't send this text. It's actually just got out an old typewrites or something like that. Jennifer, thank you very much. You cool, all right?
Speaker 4: Ki?
Speaker 2: The co and then yeah, the most recent text on your phone, whatever it says, call me up and tell me what it says. Imagine that. Now that's your permanent tombstone nine four one four one O four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Vanessa paul In and Gwen Huntley all request Friday, we're doing tombstone text. If you have a look at your phone, the text us rather the top there your most recent one that now is permanent. It's your tombstone, Pats, what would yours be saying?
Speaker 22: I was texting producer Bread last night and sit looking forward to getting kissed with you and Irene soon, and the auto auto.
Speaker 12: Correct stepped in and change the spelling of a certain word.
Speaker 2: Gotcha. Okay, unless that's where you're up to. You know, I know where you live out there people like to swing right, No, haven't good time? Okay, Sarah's and the line come on Sarah, good bye, good Sarah. And so what's what's the most recent text for you? Mate? The back door is unbolded, So that's on your chimbstone. Okay, Oh yes, I can ask is that is that? Did that go to your husband or partner or.
Speaker 3: To my husband?
Speaker 21: He was on his way home from night shift and I was just letting him know that he was getting inside.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Gold one o four point three.
Speaker 2: Steve out Copperhead Rose or Request Friday Warren in mill Park going on a road trip today and this is a great driving song. This is a Williant song, great album as well. Eight thirty three. You got around about ten minutes until I give away these Eagles tickets before they go on sow Monday morning. We're asking you what are you prepared to offer us? On nine four one four one oh four three. You got ten minutes to get your last minute offers in before I'm giving them away.
Speaker 1: The Christian oho'connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Ten minutes to get in there and get these Eagles tickets. Okay, we're going to give them away. Ten minutes time to the best offer that we've gotten so far. You've got ten minutes with your offers on nine four one four one oh four three some of our favorites so far looking at the leaderboard. Thank you very much. One of the guys has actually sent me three emails. He's trolling me now. He's found my email Christian at Gold one O four to three dot com dot au. Is the guy offered a free tank of fuel and slurprice three year He's going, I'm still listening. I reckon it's the best offer, Jacob. I've got your emails mate.
Speaker 3: You keep sending this out asking the details on the slurpees. If we're going in every day.
Speaker 2: Emale has said that he's going to. He's happy to swap that out for coffee. You don't always have to have the slurpee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I say, I bring in my extended family when we go on holidays, say thirty eight people.
Speaker 2: We all want to each one of them. Yeah, at the my what do you like? I do like the chicken pie plays the chicken pie.
Speaker 3: I mean the girl who works at cabris and is going to sneak out twenty kilograms of different chocolate bars. See, that would be great. The letterpress, business cards I can't I never had one. And the gold plate.
Speaker 2: You just feel that I finally got a proper job that, you know, because you know, I always envy people when they go, hey, just you've got business coming. I don't really have a job that we ever need something like that, you know, a business card pass? What's your favorite?
Speaker 22: I like the cake of beer I'm thinking forward and our Christmas breakup.
Speaker 12: Ah right, Yeah, of course I'm a forward thinker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do fore get your husband. Chris actually called the show.
Speaker 12: Yeah, never forget about that. Okay, fine, a kidney of mine he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Leanne, good morning. Hi, Hi, I'm pretty good. What are you offering us the well?
Speaker 13: I got two lollly shomps, so I thought you could come in.
Speaker 24: And gorge yourself on as many lollies as you want.
Speaker 11: We've got American, We've got a stray lolly lolly, we's got everything.
Speaker 2: Really, have you got any You've got any killippos?
Speaker 12: No, I haven't a.
Speaker 2: No Lolli shops lollies. That's up.
Speaker 3: You know what it would be good for. I always feel like, just before going to the cinemas, I want to stuck up on as many snacks.
Speaker 2: As I always get one of the kids to take an empty backpack and I'll go to a seven eleven round the corner, spit it up with them because they're not going to ask to search the kids bad and I cram it with drinks, crisps, chopper everything, crab it in there, use them as a mule. And then and then if they do get corl gun. They're not with me out all right, thanks a lot, add you to the leading board. Okay, you've got five minutes left with.
Speaker 1: Your offers on nine four one four one four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Have you seen we got? Every once in a while some people get sort of taken on a tour of this radio station and just by quick look I can tell whether or they're gonna be interested by the age. There are some board looking kids who've just been like staring out the window anything but in here going. It's not kids, it's not Fox. I'm not interested. I they've woke it up now all right. So uh, people now are emailing me their offers because we're about to give away these Eagles tickets. Amy it's prepared to get a permanent tattoo of gold one oh four point three and the logo.
Speaker 3: Come on, we've already let somebody go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we should leave that well alone, all right, So last chance tickets to go and see the Eagles. Tickets go and sound Monday. We've been given to you in all this week on ten weeks of tickets here's our offers so far.
Speaker 16: I'd like to offer you, guys, both of you, two for one here and naval waxing.
Speaker 8: My partner works at a service station and we're offering free taker fuel and a year of free swoopings.
Speaker 18: I'd like to offer an original Pitcher vinyl of et to come and cuddle one of our warm bats.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah.
Speaker 24: That'd be pretty cool. Hey.
Speaker 21: I have a hair collection and it centers around a wax strip with a twofily fall snail trail on it.
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 15: Being a dressmaker specializing in dance, I do everything likera. I can offer you guys, matching man kinies and even bling them.
Speaker 2: Up for you.
Speaker 4: I've got a little little gold nugget.
Speaker 2: I'd like that you were about to offer us actual gold for our tickets, our golden tickets, a golden nugget.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's correct, Andrew, I'd do it just for the treasure mat if you have it.
Speaker 3: If you say X marks the spot on a mailways, I'll dive out.
Speaker 2: There all right. So wait up, all the offers and Jack and I whittled it down between two. We've got them back on the line now, Chris, Hey, listen, well done, you're into the final now, so you offered us your wife Lorraine her chicken pie. Just want a few more teitas on the chicken pies.
Speaker 7: They're leak in there, Yes, yes, there is like it. And I'm telling you mate, they speak for themselves. I had just absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 2: I love it. I absolutely love a chicken pie. He shok a bigger leak in there. A little bit of white wine for the sauce.
Speaker 7: She can put a bit of white wine in there if you like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And tell me about the pie crossed itself? Is it a really good thick one? There's nothing better when you piste that pie.
Speaker 7: Cross It's crusty, yeah, flaky, and it's just yeah, it's the high mine. And they had just to dothling.
Speaker 2: Do you think she'd got a big old bacon dish pet one big one for the.
Speaker 7: Team, little ones, big ones day.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, thanks Chris, just get some more tetous at the moment. Dan, you're also in the final. It's up against the chicken pie with that beautiful, flaky, thick crust. Dan telling everyone about your offer.
Speaker 9: Well, Christian, this offer is based around beautiful individual business cards for the three of you. We're going to put Jack's name that he wants under under his title is going to be printed on six hundred gram crane letterer stock, which is an organic cotton stock in violet black letter press and gold foil. You had me at gold foil, So we're going to give you one hundred of each. And even if I don't win, I'm still going to do it for you because.
Speaker 13: I want to.
Speaker 9: Oh what's the name of the company, Dan, It's Sea gold Press in taiab Right.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, there we go.
Speaker 3: I mean he's going to do it anyway. Let's just give it to the guy with the tanker fuel and get the free business gun.
Speaker 2: I've gotten off and now to both these guys. Everyone can have tickets, all right, So let's get Chris back up. Let's get Chris up.
Speaker 19: There you go, make Chris.
Speaker 2: You have to see the Eagles. Oh no, no, Chris, Chris, Wow, don Chris, And well done. The Rain your wife is gonna we want the chicken pie. Okay, we want you and the Rain to come in on the show so we can all try this amazing chicken pie.
Speaker 7: Thanks very much, Mike.
Speaker 2: I love this. See when you go to the Eagles people. How did you get the tickets? It's sold out within nanoseconds. Oh, chicken pie. My wife made a chicken pie.
Speaker 3: Chris, before you go. Does your wife know yet that she's cooking the pie?
Speaker 7: She's done a very soon.
Speaker 2: Now, Dan, Yes, Chris, Dan, I've got an offer for you. I've also got some tickets to go and see Cheap Trick. They're playing the Palais on Monday. But these tickets are a meet and greet. How about I give you those.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you what, Chris, that would be absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you very much. Well, you can have the tickets. Can we still have the business cards?
Speaker 9: Absolutely? Now, put me in touch with your art department and we get it all sorted.
Speaker 2: I am the art department. One last thing, one last condition this, Dan, I I will have final say about what goes on Jack's business cards business card. Yes, here we go.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I can't wait for this.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I will decide what goes on their cards. I will take some ideas next week as well, but I'll have final saying what goes on their cars? Dan. Okay, thanks it up, buddy.
Speaker 9: No worries, mate, last talk.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much Dan, and thanks to everyone has been trying to bid these tickets and all these great offers.
Speaker 1: The Christian who condall Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, The Christian who condall Breakfast Show all Request Friday Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, then, so we got another hour of you picking the music. If you want to give us a call nine four one four one oh four three, last hound on the Readfast Show. Let's make a big one of the best songs on the radio. And God one oh four point three nine four one four one o four three plenty, It's time to answer some Kenny Rogers. Now. The kids who are just staring looking board at the Reakfast Show, they're in the studio right now, and I thought, actually just found out they work very hard for community radio. They've done a community radio show. Girls, Come on, come on here. What I'd like to just give you the chance now to introduce this next song. Come on here, you now live on Gold one oh four point three. All right, So if you get nice and close to the microphone all right now, all I need you to do, right is that's the next song? Is love a boy working for the weekend? Now I don't know how you want to share this up because there's two of you. How did it work on your community show? Who did what?
Speaker 3: We're just talking turns with who spoke when?
Speaker 2: So? How do you want to do this? What I need you to say is this is Gold one oh four point three, here's working for the weekend, love a Boy. And then one of you to press that button there and that will start the song. Okay, you need to say your names now as well, so you're now live on it. You're going to be the future. You'll be doing this very soonous.
Speaker 20: Or if you go, I'm Hailey and this is I mean, I'm the Yah and this is Hailey and this is Gold one oh four point three and you're listening and working for the weekend by Love a Boy.
Speaker 2: Oh better than I do. That's the future everyone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Pats and I just had to put up with Jo on that song. Jack throwing magnetic strips at a board to keep it to keep himself amused.
Speaker 12: Amused, Okay, ye out of your system?
Speaker 3: Now throwing him at increasing distances to see if I can still get it.
Speaker 2: On years of age year old man on a breakfast.
Speaker 22: Show, focused clearly and trying to before that, trying to stick it on your drink bottle.
Speaker 3: Yes, people think in magnet will stick to my own drink bottle looks metal, but it didn't stick.
Speaker 2: We live in a world that has wisdom on short supply. Luckily we have a guy who gives us nothing but wisdom on the show. And there's a young child, sixteen year old boy in England who listens to the podcast of this show and every time Jack posts, and that's his earth name. That's all we know him. Jack Bo says something whise he takes pen to paper, quill to parchment and records it for future generations. He sent it to me every Friday. I just simply count them down. The best of Jack Posts. Did he really say that the Samster is back? He's been listening Christian with Guru Jack. Life is a permanent Buddhist retreat and after the show's recent absence last week, appears to have gone within himself to find out some new great wisdom. Here it is the ninth version of Jack Post. Did he really say that? At ten? Don't make me get soggy? Dads at nine silver plus for assumed funniness. That was one you didn't understand. You just had to take it on My safe was funny, had a This should have been at number one. What's in seafood? In seafood? Number seven? Niche your German shepherd dog. She's used to just running around parks. I imagine with rabbits and dandelions. Everything safe. At six, that's equal of the start. That common phrase never earn it, you ever earned it? That's equal of the start.
Speaker 3: I remember it.
Speaker 2: At five Rush is a bird, isn't it? No? I'm telling you yes.
Speaker 3: From time to time I will educate you with things on the show.
Speaker 2: At four, my dog can catch a ball in the air, so they have to be able to see the ball. At three, when my line's main hits the letterbox next week, monitor me it's arriving today.
Speaker 3: It's my mind mushrooms.
Speaker 2: At two, we were speculating about why do dogs sniff their own butts? Jack them up with this. You know, how can smell your own fart and it's not so bad. Maybe dogs have a collection version of that where they're immune to each other's parts. And at number one, this is the right number one. Actually I've just seen it again at number one this week, fresh from yesterday's show. It's water a drink, all right, Thank you very much, Guru Jack. Thank you very much, Samsir as well. That's the best of Jack post. Did you really say that?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: You can always email me about anything that we've been talking about on the show.
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 2: If it's a couple of days later, we called it late to the party, got a couple of hair before we head into the weekend. This comes from Lynn Christian. I have been listening to some of the podcasts Food injuries. That's really late to the party. That's a couple of weeks ago the injuries.
Speaker 3: Can't I even remember it?
Speaker 2: No, my kniece had a baconberger managed to get a piece of bacon. Listened to this a piece of bacon wrapped around her tonsils, which resulted to a trip to emergency and a doctor had to remove the bacon with tweezers.
Speaker 12: Oh that'd be horrific.
Speaker 2: You can have food could get caught be the rhynd?
Speaker 12: Yeah maybe, but how gon to wrap it around?
Speaker 3: Because tonsls not like that dangly thing at the back of your mouth. I imagine it getting caught on.
Speaker 2: That and okay, like a box of speedball, which you get it making me almost choke. And then I love this one late to the party, flat pack fowls. We talk about this yesterday after I managed to put some wheels on upside down this fim. Kirsten, my partner, was attempt to put together an Ikea wardrobe. That's just the hell right away there, getting really frustrated after to help, but she barked at me that she was fine, and the woman says that you know they're not fine the opposite. Yeah, I quietly left her alone, but I went back about an hour later. She was still trying to assemble the first section, but now had a huge chunk taken out at the top of it from a fouled attempt to squish two bits together. I stupidly asked as she was sure she did like some hel because it looked like she did, only for us to have a huge row for an hour and slept in separate rooms. At the end of a few days later, she was telling someone about us having a fight over furniture assembly, and the person simply replied, was it Ikea? We now refer to this incident as the Ikea meltdown. Do you know what next? We're on the show on Monday. Do any of you how Simil's happened in your life that's now referred to as an incident with my wife and I've got a couple of those where we go and let's not even get into the so and so intent. Let's talk about those Monday. If you got an email for me over the weekend, absolutely anything. We're doing misheard lyrics again on Monday. Email me Christian at goldwe at four to three dot com to eight.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: That's it from the Christian O'Connor Breadford Show this week. We are back Monday morning, week six. In ten weeks of tickets, Phil Collins is back at seven point thirty VIP tickets. It's the return of filometers. How many feels Phil Collins VIP tickets. Whatever you up to this weekend, enjoy the sunshine, have a top weekend thanks to listening to the show for all the course and all the text and emails. Title of today's show is explain why X squared equals zero only has one solution, but X squared equals one has two. Good luck to a poor person who's got a label up on our podcast.
Speaker 3: Dude titles that long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we're going to find out Hugy's up next. You can be reading out your post. God, you could be winning cash. Have a great weekend. We see him Monday.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three