Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms Flex and Frooms. This is Deflex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: It is Tuesday, the eighteenth of July and Babes, I am happy to inform you that the vibes have remained up definitely.
Speaker 1: People thought winter.
Speaker 2: Was going to take the girl who's out. He said, oh, you won't be outside or winter. You can't maintain this energy for winter.
Speaker 3: The heat here, I hope you ready to think.
Speaker 1: I feel like the energy is higher than it was in summer.
Speaker 3: I think it's like a chemical reaction or like batteries that charge when one is cold and one is hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely solar powered. Today, should friends fight like sisters?
Speaker 3: And also what words are embarrassing to say? I'm looking at everyone who doesn't want to say fiance when they are betrothed and hath a ring on their finger?
Speaker 1: And also partner shaming for me? Will do letter?
Speaker 3: Here's a podcast you're listening to Flex and Frooms on kit.
Speaker 2: Do friends need to fight like sisters? It's the question we're answering today on Flex and Rooms. A couple of weeks ago. Now, I as the only person in the shoe who doesn't have a sister. I am the minority in more ways than one.
Speaker 1: But we make it work. Okay.
Speaker 2: Now the sisterly girls are convinced that, you know, having a sister is great, it makes you a great friend.
Speaker 1: Whatever. Someone on TikTok tended to.
Speaker 2: Disagree and said, actually, the best friends you can have are younger siblings and only siblings. Now, somebody, and by somebody, I mean an amazing listener has dmd us on Instagram's at flex and rooms.
Speaker 1: To say this, I'm high. I have two sisters.
Speaker 2: The relationships can be intense, but as much as you would hate them, sometimes you would always have their back to others and love them. I think it's more powerful to be able to have deeper relationships with others that are real, not just surface level.
Speaker 1: Are we.
Speaker 2: Attributing violence to being genuine? H? This will take me to how I'm trying to. I mean, I wouldn't say abolish the word authentic with people often like to merge authenticity with good displays of behavior. Yeah, like, if someone's being really sweet or humorous, they must be authors. The most authentic person in the room is the bully. Babe is the one who like laughter, You like this when you said something wrong, when you miss that's the most authentic.
Speaker 3: Perfe my bag called bully. I want to spray on you later.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you, babe, that's so sweet.
Speaker 2: Look, I feel like I can see in a lot of ways how the kind of intimacy of a sicily relationship can transition quite well into female friendships. But I think for the most part, any default woman friendship comes prepackaged with the ability to get deep. Really, I think as a standard any default relationship with the women to women, I think you have the capacity to get deep. I don't think it's a premium package. I don't think it's a premium add on. I think it's you know, it's in the economy tear kind. And I don't think we need more to get more deep. I think we need more variation in women friendships. I think we can tend to follow this like really clear archetype and there's not a lot of room for deviation. We won't get into it now because I think the sister propaganda has gone to but if you have any strong thoughts about this, I do invite it because I'd like to be able to say that we're bringing in multiple opinions, not just our own. Plus Mickey, so Flex and Frooms on Instagram is where you'll find us. Please go visit, go rant. I'd love to see them.
Speaker 3: Our producer Mikayla. It's your birthday today.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, Mickey. Fans of Mickey people are obsessed with Nicky twenty five. Yeah, this is twenty.
Speaker 3: Five, guys, we're all twenty four here.
Speaker 1: This is a perfect time to announce everyone.
Speaker 2: So we walk into the office today, I see some lone children. As you know, I'm a children person and an animal person.
Speaker 1: If they're hot and.
Speaker 2: They like me, I went up to these kids, did a little bit of a debrief, chit chat, feed out what they do for fun, and then I asked them how old they were, because after the age of two, I can't really tell word.
Speaker 1: They both said seven. I said, great, age you two? How do you think I am? They said twenty four? Is it cool? Let's go with that.
Speaker 3: Leave me out of it.
Speaker 2: I turned their gaze to frumy, why are you doing this because I didn't concern.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I didn't want to leave you out. They could have said twenty one. Okay, but you know what they're gonna say. No, I sent me don't no, no, don't do that, No, you don't.
Speaker 2: As I was turn around to these kids, he said, how do you think through me?
Speaker 3: Is? Why does?
Speaker 1: What did their parents say?
Speaker 2: And remember what we say when you're asked to say how old woman is? So she's already up, she's up, pretty emptied, that decrepit and decayed.
Speaker 1: So then one of the kids says, what age? They said to your face?
Speaker 3: Twenty three?
Speaker 1: Twenty three?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So then I said, in confidence to them, what age did you really want to say.
Speaker 1: In front of the whole office. Yes, it was in confidence.
Speaker 2: They're small. I had to speak up. Okay, one said I've forgotten now good. I think one was forty four and one was like thirty two.
Speaker 3: Confident a confident older woman.
Speaker 1: They read you correct? Is that I'm getting like a man. Anyway, I love that for you.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday, Mickey, Sorry from a derailed back for you.
Speaker 3: From every witch angle.
Speaker 1: What do you want for your birthday? Conceptually, I don't mind.
Speaker 3: I just want my friends and family and everyone I love. Yeah, that's what I say.
Speaker 1: But she is a cancer. She means that what are you going to order the bread? Oby? Yeah? But what else?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Pas don't get a takeaway Horrible.
Speaker 2: And Toddy's Survives Takeaway. I've made the mistake. Order what you can eat please.
Speaker 3: I so sort of say, somebody is called into the show to say that they find the word fiance deeply, deeply shameful and embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Can I ask a quick question, please? Class?
Speaker 2: Is this one of like fake hetero shame things like when straight people pretend they don't want to be straight and they're not attracted to You.
Speaker 3: Came for my bit? Oh you came.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry seeing all of you his partner so liberally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have no business staying laye with that one.
Speaker 3: You've been seeing him for three months? No, sorry, you've been seeing him for a year.
Speaker 1: Gender him.
Speaker 3: He's not your partner.
Speaker 1: Okay, gender him.
Speaker 3: But I'm being serious.
Speaker 1: What's the term?
Speaker 3: Laughing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Laughing like you trust me?
Speaker 3: If and when the time comes, I'll be referring to my king as my boyfriend, my betrothed.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like my king my king, I mean, but that could be like any gender. Seriously, though, guys, get we're saying fiance. It's romantic. Okay, We're not in primary school. This isn't embarrassing boyfriend or girlfriend. I want to be someone's partner. We're not in a row deo. You see you with a cowboy hat on no fam, get it out of my life. You're with flex and frimes on CATA.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was with this conversation, though, we could just spin back. I'd like to speak on behalf fucking I'd like to speak on behalf of people who don't have a voice today. Okay, I have heard through the grape vine that boyfriend and girlfriend is a little bit juvenile for those over the age of maybe twenty eight?
Speaker 1: What say you?
Speaker 3: Pardon? Are you going to come back and say I forwenty four ACADs? I'm just stopping.
Speaker 1: Can you speak to what it was like when you were twenty eight?
Speaker 3: The other day someone was like to me, They're like, they're like, have you had any do.
Speaker 1: You want to write it down and we can read it out, Like did.
Speaker 3: You have like a really big life change when you turned twenty nine to thirty?
Speaker 1: I said enough, because.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows it's customary to readers at least two to three years younger than what you actually like. You know, not in the friends experience, but you're unique, correct, continue, boyfriend and girlfriend a juvenile term?
Speaker 1: Do you disagree?
Speaker 3: I think partner's juvenile because let's stop laughing, guys, we're not mad. What is it? It's not the factor, like it's fine, it's fine to be straight. Yeah, straight pride.
Speaker 2: I have seen floating around on the internet by virtue of a TikTok about this girl talking about this guy that she'd been on thirteen dates with. He wants to be exclusive. She says yes, then takes it back and says, actually, I don't want to be exclusive with you.
Speaker 1: But she was a skirlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she was infriend to him as her man friend, and people thought that was really childish.
Speaker 3: I think that's like toy boy energy.
Speaker 1: Okay, man okay.
Speaker 3: Man friend is like your wife.
Speaker 1: Your husband's died, like it's giving widowa.
Speaker 3: So you don't want the kids to be upset seeking a man friend.
Speaker 1: Okay. We've all been there in some way, we've all seen it done. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll just finally search up the argument.
Speaker 2: Rioms is twenty twenty three in it's boyfriend and girlfriend.
Speaker 3: If you are straight, I want to be called someone's girlfriend.
Speaker 1: That's a crux.
Speaker 2: So is should we lead with that, I.
Speaker 1: Want everyone to go down with me.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's all on be serious Flex and Frooms on Kidas.
Speaker 2: Mister Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg waited almost twenty years to ruin Elon Musk's life, and he did so this year the twenty twenty three with the introduction of his new Twitter copy app, Threads, and we're discussing everything you need to know about it right now on the Flex and Room Show on Cada.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: If you aren't someone who is hip and savvy on the Internet and you don't find yourself quite enthused on new improvement and innovations, you might not know about Threads. But basically, it's Instagram's version of Twitter without a lot of functions. You can't edit your post, you can't save posts. It's no Explore, but you know it's new. Instagram describes it as an app for sharing text updates and joining public convers stas. You basically log in using your Instagram account, which initially feels like a really easy and nice way to approach the platform. You don't need to worry about picking a username and editing and all that stuff. It's just like sign in and you're done. Here's the thing, all this information you can find on the internet. I want to give you my pros and cons as an early adopter over the app and someone who's doing quite well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how many followers?
Speaker 1: Not sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, but great engagement pros. It's a really simplified approach to social media. It's got none of the like whistles and bells. It's just share the text.
Speaker 1: Posts.
Speaker 2: Images are a bit too much, video is way too much, don't do too much. It honestly feels like a place to put your stream of consciousness. You get the choice to automatically follow anyone you already follow on Instagram, so you don't need to spend ages curating like you do on Twitter. Twitter is a very tricky place to be if you haven't found your community. It works like Twitter, though, so if you're already on Twitter, you don't have to kind of learn in new interface to understand how to do well on platform. There are no ads. That's a big one for people. There are no ads yet because you know what exactly going to do.
Speaker 1: Cons. The experience you have on threads is very tied to.
Speaker 2: Your current Instagram experience, So if you decide to follow the exact same people you're bringing everything you hate about Instagram, if it's the people into this new space, which isn't ideal. There's no explore, so you have to search for what you want to see, and you can only search user names and not hashtags, which again how much to join in the conversation. The privacy practices are like real strange, man, You got to you got to agree to it before you sign up, which just fine, but it's tied into your Instagram and like you can't delete your threads profile without deleting your Instagram. You can only deactivate, so like that data is stuck there for a lay if you just delete it all though delete.
Speaker 1: What delete all?
Speaker 2: The You can delete your posts, but they're still like the metadata. Like someone's quote tweeted your original post. I'm sure it's going to be they're in the etherm. You can't edit your posts. Your algorithm is like a mesh of people you've chosen to follow, but also pre generated suggestions, which means that somehow Instagram is making an assessment on what they think you might like, and they could be very wrong.
Speaker 1: But what are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 2: And I mean, at this point, people have speculated it's destined to be like be Real, It's gonna have this big buzz, this big pandemonium, and fall off into obscurity.
Speaker 1: It's agree it's too far in.
Speaker 2: Because it's a copy of an app that already works, just like Instagram Stories was a copy of Snapchat, just like Reels is a copy of TikTok. It's gonna work because it's been done before and I think people like the feeling of getting into something new. And also it's a concept older than Twitter. It's like just posting Facebook statuses, which we all did with ease.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I for one, I'm a big fan of Threads. If you're around for be Real Era, you know that I roast that app to pieces. I feel very good about Threads, and I'll back it.
Speaker 3: You have been very I mean, Threads was kind of made for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's my kind of platform. I don't want to post pictures, I don't want to post videos.
Speaker 1: I just want to do.
Speaker 3: Worries, p rebrand, rebrand. It's in fluence, so it is flex and it's rooms flex and Kim Kim oh part of me. Yes, guys, I am the second coming of Kim Kardashian. It is me through me speaking right now. Never did I think I'd have that much in common with I would say the premier Kardashian. Yeah, if I think what would we have in common? We both have dark hair, yeap and dark eyebrows, we're both like princesses, I would say, mm hmm. I think she is an intelligent queen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, business women, business one.
Speaker 3: Yes. Anyway, tell me why. About two weeks ago, I looked down at my stomach and there's some red patches occurring. Scabies? Literally, I thought, is this scaby?
Speaker 4: Na?
Speaker 1: Don't bring that energy into the room.
Speaker 3: It's definitely not scabies. Okay, However, I noticed some red red things. Send it to my mum like welts, like scratches.
Speaker 1: What are we talking like?
Speaker 3: Little tiny red patches? Right? And I show my mom. She's like, oh, you should go to the doctor. Check it out.
Speaker 1: Mum's a nurse.
Speaker 3: My mum's nurses. She often doesn't tell me to go to the doctor, but she's like, you should check it out. But again, seem really low key about it. Okay, And then you know, another week pass, a few more dots occur. Now they're a little bit on my legs. A couple of my arms, a bit on my chest.
Speaker 1: You're freaking out at this point.
Speaker 3: No, no, not even and I usually, I mean I should be. I end up going to the doctor. The doctor takes one look at me.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's a oh.
Speaker 3: He says, you have ciriasis.
Speaker 4: Kimmy has Price has siasis, skies. Okay, please if you know what cirius is, it is essentially when your skin rebuilds like too fast.
Speaker 3: So every month skin sheds. Now there's little tiny patches on my body that are going grow, grow, grow, grow, and what results is little tiny kind of red marks. There's all different types of ciriasis, right, There's like the big one where skin goes heats and it goes like gray and scaly. I have something called gut et crisis. Have you heard of it? No, it's usually the type that children and people under thirty gets. So yes, even though some children today guess because of flex that I was forty four years.
Speaker 1: Old, should we quickly get into it later.
Speaker 3: Triggering I didn't give you permission to ask children what my age is. Actually I'm a little bit.
Speaker 2: Upset by that, but tiny bit. When we rehash it after the break, then decide how.
Speaker 1: You fully feel.
Speaker 3: Maybe not.
Speaker 1: Don't mourn what hasn't occurred.
Speaker 3: So over my trunk are these little time of patches last gray flecks?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, really really tiny? Okay, I see yep, yeah.
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure what they are, but she looked at me straight away allegedly, you get it after having strip throat.
Speaker 1: You had strep throat.
Speaker 3: Well, remember about three weeks ago you were studio and.
Speaker 2: I was sick, and we were wearing masks because I was like, this girl is not about to make me sick.
Speaker 3: And then what like a week or two later, the gut eate serrisis begins to spread.
Speaker 1: How do you get strap throat?
Speaker 3: Oh, somebody gave me show throat. I do have an idea considering messaging them, but these nah, I see.
Speaker 1: Too far gone?
Speaker 3: Do me?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: They want to know. Plus, I think if you have stripped throat, it's only certain people that get it. My dad has crisis. He's got like the actual crisis that you get.
Speaker 1: That's like, don't actual crisis.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, I'm just coming to with my diagnosis. I don't know when it's going to go away. I will admit, guys, I actually understand now. I used to think Kim Kardashian is like overreacting, like sorisis isn't that bad? But I'm like, no, it actually sucks. Like I'm scared for someone to because people will say, oh my god, is it scabies? Like is it contagious. There's a lot of I thought maybe crisis was contagious. It's not. It's not contagious, and we.
Speaker 1: Like the teachable moment.
Speaker 3: I'm currently using some like cortisol cream. It's not working. I've also trying to be getting in the sun and showing my belly in the sun to try and like get some on it. But if anybody has any for gut eate sorisis or really any kind of crisis, can you please give me tips. I'm not ready to change my diet. I'm not going down that route. I don't care that much topical topical topic remedies on perhaps like some sort of shot. I just want to have clear skin again. Yeah, because do you know what I mean? It's like, oh, I feel you my brain. Yeah. Anyway, thanks guys.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune in de Cator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.