Speaker 1: And I think there's a love letter to you, Amanda, that I get to do this with you, that you see me in all my parts and allow me to express myself.
Speaker 2: We say no one responded, but obviously at that time what had we done, our stamp of our work wasn't that obvious. But now it's lovely to see the podcast speak for itself. Tears Child, just like the red on this look. Yeah, we're glad.
Speaker 3: We're bleeding her pleading. We know we have left this our hearts on the table.
Speaker 1: I'm always always be careful those.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Amanda and I'm Rumby. Welcome to its Layered podcast.
Speaker 1: We are under the Black Past Network, powered by iHeart, and we have just complete did recording a.
Speaker 3: Studio season six. Can you believe it always come back? Can I believe it? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: This has been such a bumper season, not only having room be here in person, but also, like I distinctly remember our first season, we put out all these like okay, we wanna we want to celebrate Zimbab we're in creatives or people of color creatives, and we didn't get many responses back.
Speaker 3: And audious was our very first guest.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 3: I remember that.
Speaker 2: So to go from one to six guests for this season especially amazing.
Speaker 1: Truly honored, honestly for like by every single guest that took their time to be here with us. I think, you know, sometimes when you're doing something and you're in the trenches, you just don't see, like you know what you are doing or how far you've come. And I think this has been a great reminder that if you put in the work and you respect what you do and respect others as you do it, you know, it can really come full circle and growth.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I mean, we say, no one responded, but obviously at that time, what had we done, you know, our stamp of our work wasn't that obvious. But now it's lovely to see the podcast speak for itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, it's.
Speaker 2: Such a beautiful journey. And I'm so glad I get to deal with UR and B and look at us now. I know, so so so grateful. It was definitely not easy doing all of this. A mannequin teste their tears child, just like that red one.
Speaker 3: This look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're we're bleeding pleading, but they're read on. This logo is also a love letter to Black Women. We had this beautiful setup done by Pink Lady Picnics, when this beautiful black owned studio, Bidtersweet Studio. All of it is just to celebrate and elevate black women. Obviously a lot of our guests were women, and then we had a black men as well, just also show that side of things and how they can also support us. But in essence, we just want to lean into our soft go era.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: We want to lean into getting out of survival mode, which I think a lot of us get stuck in a lot.
Speaker 1: And I think this is like our prayer for if you're listening, if you're watching, that you can find softness somewhere, a safe space to land. You know, this has been an incredible way. We ended off the year at the Beyond the Valley Festival, our first live podcast Amanda, Like it's insane.
Speaker 3: I think we were just pinching ourselves the whole time doing the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know what they call the talent and we're like, oh right, we're the talent.
Speaker 2: I kept yeah, yeah, and like having to relax and know that we're not the ones. We have to set it all up and do everything there to support us, especially as black women.
Speaker 3: True, it was amazing.
Speaker 1: It was an amazing I wouldn't have wanted to do it, I said it. I got emotional there. I couldn't I couldn't have done it without you. I couldn't have done.
Speaker 3: All this or I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm getting emotional anyway now. But I'm so grateful for this journey we've been on. I think it was just a dream and a hope. I don't think we knew what we were doing when we kick started this podcast. I don't think we knew where it would take us. I don't think we knew truly, and we just followed that. And there have been so many times that we thought, maybe now is the time to throw in the towel, Maybe it's too much, we can't continue and go on, thank you, but we've always just looked at each other and said, like, do we have a little more fight in us? And I'm just so grateful for friendship. And I think there's a love letter to you, Amanda, that I get to do this with you, that you see me in all my parts and allow me to express myself, and we have this space where we can be ourselves, our creative selves and do what we love.
Speaker 3: So thank you for that. Thank you for all the wonderful experience.
Speaker 2: Right I think when I I was just like, what are we actually even doing? And even when you see us doing our little TikTok, so are real or please know that all of it is an intent of sharing and loving this moment in time, not only as friends, but as black women, as black creatives and Rimby could not have done this without you. So I'm so grateful for all the things we get to do and all the beautiful people we've got to meet along this journey, all the creatives who've held us together to make this all work.
Speaker 3: And shout out to the scenes.
Speaker 1: Shout out to them. We've got Maggie behind the scenes. We've got Wintana who owns a Bittersweet Studios. We've got Emma, We've got Tino, Pink Lady Picnics. We've got all our guests.
Speaker 2: We had Laura Alex our makeup, you know styling at Ebony, our makeup at BTV, Like, we've got so many now who helped us out all together for us, every.
Speaker 1: Single guest who came on here. Who are you going to get to hear from? I just thank you, thank you. It takes a village, a community.
Speaker 3: We're so very grateful our own bins.
Speaker 2: Let's get them a little bit of a shout out loading down right now. We know Jerome is not having Daddy day, you know, to make this work, Thomas all alone in Prague, so we really wanted to, I guess, also show you the behind the scenes of make this work, all the work that goes into it. Whether we continue beyond now or not, we know we have left this on our hearts on the table.
Speaker 3: We gave our all.
Speaker 1: We gave our all, and I think that's all we can ever say. But yeah, thank you so much for supporting us, for listening, for the love, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, please still share, still review, still like, still come and still interact with us, because at the end of the day, not only us, but all these beautiful people we had on this season would love to hear from you, would love to connect with you. So if anyone resonated with you, definitely hit them up and continue on that journey, because one thing we love as well is connecting people absolutely. And I mean we had thora last year that a lot of people were not so familiar with their work, and now they are. And not to say that this is a goodbye or goodbye forever, but definitely we are going to take a poet, it's going to take a pause, and we've come to this, come this far for sure.
Speaker 3: Six seasons.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, You're Ama as always, I love you so much.
Speaker 3: Love you always, and catch you guys soon hopefully. All right bye,