Speaker 1: Welcome back to pod labor Arena. It's me Mike Goldstein and the co host with the Mohost it's Lizzy. Yeah. Yeah, yes, I should say congrats. Lizzie won the Pinder Prize Comedy Festival John Pinder John Pinder after John Pinder.
Speaker 2: One of the founders of the festival. Okay, they just give me some cash to go to Edinburgh.
Speaker 1: Great. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Weird thing was, I didn't know that I was getting the award. I found out I was napping. Nice I had my phone on airplane mode.
Speaker 1: Whose show were you watching while you were napping?
Speaker 2: One show? And I was just turned my phone record and then they're like, hey, can you get in here? And that was like from half an hour before. Like, no, yeah, I'll miss the awards, but I think that's kind of badass not to.
Speaker 1: Go to completely. Yeah so you didn't even turn up for it.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Yeah that's that's cool.
Speaker 1: Did someone have to accept in your place?
Speaker 2: Yeah my friend did.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so they get like ten percent of it?
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: Ah. Yeah, we are back. I've been playing a ton of tennis despite this cold I can't shake. I just take a ton of pseudo and then get out of the court and run around.
Speaker 3: Comedian Mike Goldsteine is just that a comedian. In this instance, he is clearly joking about drug use. He doesn't condone abusing pseudoephridrine, and he tells us he's been clean for several weeks, but we can expect some trace elements in his urine test.
Speaker 2: It's not that your medicine choice, I guess.
Speaker 1: I mean it's I can only show my driver's license. So many times do they make sure drivers if you buy pseudo you really haven't bought it in a long time. Oh well, if you need some, I have got a stockpile. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Once again, Mike is taking a flight of fancy. None of this is real.
Speaker 1: Please don't be offended.
Speaker 3: Or complain in any meaningful way that will jeopardize our jobs.
Speaker 1: And I played the other day and it went to the third set decider, and I was playing this guy who's like six 't four massive serve lefty, so it's kind of hard to deal with. But take him to a third set tiebreak and I go, well, let's do a super tie break first to ten points, win by two, and he goes, no, no, no, I don't want to I don't want to do that, and I'm like, come on, it's the decider or whatnot. He goes, let's just do a regular tie break to seven okay, and I go, no, let's we'll go super. And then again, I'm arguing with grown men every week outdoors in front of children usually, and he goes, fine, Fine, we'll do the super tiebreak versus ten. He gets to seven five, right, and he's like, well, it should be over if we did a regular tie break, and I go, yeah, but it's not.
Speaker 2: We're doing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing the Super and then I ended up winning twelve ten.
Speaker 2: Oh you dick?
Speaker 1: How am I dick in that situation?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I guess I guess. Well, he's probably saying that he was on the tie break.
Speaker 1: No, because once you agree, there's an implicit.
Speaker 2: So when was the agreement at.
Speaker 1: The net before we started the tiebreak?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he is contractually bound? Yeah he is, Yes, how much I'd shelved a few pseudos and I was I was flying and yeah, he was not happy and kind of quietly gathered his stuff in. Uh, no way exited the core.
Speaker 2: Is this someone you play with regularly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a he's a teacher, so this was his break. So it's whenever there's like, uh, do you.
Speaker 2: Think you'll be hearing from him next school?
Speaker 1: I think he should get out, But I am texting him like, you know, trophies and you finger.
Speaker 2: Real champ about.
Speaker 1: It this stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh no way.
Speaker 1: This is a weird time in the tennis calendar, Lizzie, because there's clay court tournaments happening with a lot of five hundred in two fifties. Madrid has just kicked off.
Speaker 2: This looks fun, Madrid.
Speaker 1: It does look fun, and it is a it's the one thousand joint event with a WTA and the ATP. But before that, should we try this song? A very short song. Okay, I'm a tennis girl in a tennis world.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic. Go grab your racket and we're done.
Speaker 1: Pie, Yes, we're peeping in the short and sweet I did. I've been trolling through old YouTube clips and I did see one person comment what's with these songs? Like what does that have to do? We're clearly thinking about tennis. But he's like they go so long.
Speaker 2: Oh too long for him?
Speaker 1: Well, so I'm letting one comment really sway, but we should go the other way and do like full song, a ballad, a ballad like American Pie, American Pie, the Hurricane.
Speaker 2: November Rain, oh with the full solo yeah, also extended edit.
Speaker 1: Extended yeah, yeah, so well, just some previous five hundreds and two fifties that happened. Rebeccaha wins Stuttgart over the moot.
Speaker 2: She's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean she's.
Speaker 2: This is her such good form.
Speaker 1: I think she's kind of If she had won that Indian Wells final against Sablenca, then she would really be the obvious front runner this season, right because Sablanca has taken a few tournaments off, Rebeccaena has kept playing, maybe playing too much leading up to the French.
Speaker 2: Oh you think.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It might be a bit of fatigue, especially if she's doing Madrid Rome and then obviously the French. But she won over the mooch. We love the mooch we do in front of the ship. It sounded like trump there. We love the mooch, We love the mooch.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 1: Rebecca winning her second Porsche, as she has one Stuttgart before the last time she went to Porsche and Stuckgart she didn't have a jarver's license.
Speaker 2: And she's got one.
Speaker 1: Now she's got one.
Speaker 2: Now do you think they keep them? Do you give them to a relative or sell them or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Selling them a bit of bad taste, right, what would you do? Probably sell it. I'm happy with my.
Speaker 1: I'm not fitting even one Porsche in my studio apartment parking space.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, and we should say that Mukhova, who you know we called the mooch, we coined that term, is also having a great season. I mean, she beat Coco Golf in Sidelina en route to the final. Huge wins for her. I don't think she'd ever beat Cocoa Golf before, So she's looking great. Munich match up in the ATP final was Shelton and Koboli. Yeah, so an American man winning a clay.
Speaker 2: Court tournament first time in a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah in Europe. I mean, I think Tommy Paul had just won in the States, but this is big. I mean I wasn't expecting it. And Koboli, you know, grew up on the clay so it's interesting to see if Shelton like pushes people that are there's a bigger draw, say in the next couple of tournaments and Koboli I thought was gonna he just beat Verev in the previous in the semifinals, And then I love this that he told his girlfriend, what's that about? To stay home the next time.
Speaker 2: Because bad luck well distracting.
Speaker 1: I called yesterday.
Speaker 5: My girlfriend said, please don't let me lose, but she does so, so maybe next final you stay home.
Speaker 1: I think if my wife is at a gig, my wife, yeah, is that a gig? I feel like she's a jinx. Really if it goes bad, I'm like, this is your fault for being here. You don't have that with people.
Speaker 2: No, I'm single, but when I had a partner, they would come watch gigs. It was funny.
Speaker 1: You said it in a fun way, and I got a big laugh. He was like, you know, my girlfriend's here. You know, maybe next time she stays home. So I get that jinx thing, though you don't have any superstitions like that.
Speaker 2: I don't like my family sitting in the front, oh, like, anywhere I can see them. I say, sit at the back. They have to sit right at the back. And my parents take that literally and they sit in the back room right and they can't hear anything. They can't see. But one of my uncles always comes and he sits. He sits right at the front, right, And so I get out there and I'm like, hello, Uncle Leo.
Speaker 1: You're right there is Uncle Leo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, side fun Uncle Lea. Hello.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, Arthur Fee is one of Barcelona over rube Lev. This is a straight Sid's victory. Arthur, Feez, he looks good, he looks amazing.
Speaker 2: What do you think for French?
Speaker 1: I think he's quarterfinals? Maybe said a lot of pressure, a lot of pressure. And it depends like if Djokovic is playing and goes out early, he hasn't played much at all. It depends if Alkaaz is playing. So what side of the draw Fees ends up on. But to me, Fees and Fonseka are the only two guys that seem like even remotely competitive against the top two. And I guess Verev obviously still floating around up there, but he seems to be a real semi final choke specialist.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, I want him to go through, Okay, I do all right? Yeah, I'd love to see him win.
Speaker 1: Islam, would you.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He got choked up just talking about it.
Speaker 2: I know, I feel bad. I felt bad.
Speaker 1: Ah right, yeah, he should have had that. Yeah yeah, yeah, anyway, Yeah, so some interesting results. Martikostyak one ruin. I hope I'm saying that right. There was a two fifty event. It was an all Ukrainian final. So we love mart A Kostyak and good to see her win a title. Yeah. So I think on the it's gonna be interesting going into the French Open, on both sides in terms of injuries, in terms of who's been playing too many tournaments, sabal Anka has taken some gaps and I think that's probably for the best. She's gonna be rested, and then Ega is the dark horse.
Speaker 2: Now yeah, yeah, I think she'll do well. Yeah, I mean a little RAFA coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the RAFA coaching. But then she went out to Andreva in a yeah that few set match and that was Stuttgart as well, Yeah, but indoor clay, and she said she prefers to be playing outside.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, maybe she'll do well. Andreva looks good.
Speaker 1: Too, yeah yeah, so I don't know Ega. Then the RAFA coaching, who knows if that pays dividends, you would think, so, like the King of Clay, give me tips. And then we'll see what happened. She is playing in Madrid, and Madrid already some fascinating storylines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what is it crazy? There's the atmosphere seems wild.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I would like to go to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's all Spanish people. They've just had a siesta on the on the same grias. They're going nuts out there. It's Sunny trung Letti, who we talked about last week as being a thirty six year old that finally crowd the top one hundred. Uh dealing with Heckler's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at him. He's asking basically asking someone in the crowd to come down and fight him and fight on the court.
Speaker 1: Awesome, I love it. Wouldn't that make tennis so much.
Speaker 2: Better if they were crowd fight?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, time, we just have to have a crowd.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It say in the end of it set you can the players can pick one person from the crowd.
Speaker 2: Oh that was really annoying that. I would love to do that in comedy, Oh the person that didn't laugh.
Speaker 1: Wull shit, you would fight them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, don't put it pos just a little slap, yeah, wake up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey Trunga Leeddi absolutely screaming at someone in the crowd to come down. And yeah, but obviously the tournament organizers prevented any fisticuffs for altercations, which he probably knew trunkle Eddy knew, Yeah, of course. Yeah. It's like when you see two guys at a bar about to fight and one says to his other buddy like, hold me back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, don't know, Yeah, push him in, Yeah, go for.
Speaker 1: It, advocating violence on pod Labor Arena as Rod Laver's legacy would love this to be under his name. Yeah, I love Madrid and like, uh, there's a few veteran players that are going out early. Yeah, the big story line and the kind of debate which we brought up before. Venus Williams uh got a wild card in and then went out immediately in the first round to Covedo. Uh Covedo. It was her first one thousand match win. But I don't know, are these wildcards.
Speaker 2: Reayeah, you don't want wildcats?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well, I mean she deserved looks, she's had an epic career. She's a legend, you know, and it just feels like, are you taking wild cards from maybe an up and comer or.
Speaker 2: New probably yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And that deserves it more. And I mean, she's winning a few games, but it's not competitive. And then she did a favor for a fellow country woman, Haley Baptiste, who played Covedo in the next round and then absolutely destroyed her. So the debate now and you're seeing a lot of chatter on a on line that they're saying, what are we doing here? She's like, she could play exhibitions and it's not really competitive. I don't know, how do you feel.
Speaker 2: I feel like she probably brings such a big crowd you don't want to go see it. So give her the wild cud.
Speaker 1: Give her the wild card?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said, totally the last year of wild cards, right, Yeah, I don't know if she'll keep going.
Speaker 1: Could you keep going for a decade?
Speaker 2: If it gets into next year, I'll be like, okay, stop giving her the wild cut, Like this is a wildcard year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think she's trying to prove something. Yeah, and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Yeah next year.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe I've turned a corner on this because I do want to see these legendary players. You know, monkeys went out in the first round to go if I Rinka's not even playing Madrid, Yeah, but he kind of. He got to the round of thirty two in Barcelona, and I'm watching these players that you know, I've been watching for the past fifteen twenty years, and as a middle aged man myself, I'm like, I do want to see them keep going and win. And so maybe I've changed my tune to rage against the retirement light. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next week's song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rage against the retirement light. Do not go quietly into that good night session.
Speaker 2: Beautiful was Mike's poetry.
Speaker 1: I think it's hard. It's like our parents refusing to turn their driver's license over. That's basically, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That needs to happen ASA.
Speaker 1: So other things happening at Madrid. The Aussie women absolutely ship the bed. Yeah, they are out first round. They're all crashed out. So Talia Gibson, Katie Burrell, Isla tom Lanovic all out in Kazukino was the most heartbreaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was close. Yeah, she had a bunch of trying to see her do well. She's had a bit of a rough start to the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a bunch of match points can convert fifteen to thirteen in the final tiebreak. Yeah, so she went out to Daria Snigour, who then played Igo Shawantek in the next round and got absolutely trounced.
Speaker 2: She's not looking good. Do you think it's just the clay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or maybe a hangover from the Billy Jean King Cup, Like, yeah, it's not looking great and yeah, not being raised playing on clay and so not a surface they're comfortable with. Yeah, so I think there's still I know Alexei Popperin went out, but I think it's Sinner's tournament to lose. So yeah, yeah, sits a Pass of course, had drama as he always does the King Dad at every match. Yeah, and he's chattering away and it finally costs it to pass a point.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, the warning that was in the previous set.
Speaker 1: Now he gets to the point penalty.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So we have some footage here of Si Pass who's playing American Patrick Kipson, and I don't know if you've seen Kipson before, but he's like a giant hunky pirate. Yeah, he's quite rating specimen. I'm just gonna start doing hunk watch on the show, and I think, uh.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, he's a little bit pirate, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got a real uh Jack sparrow thing, very.
Speaker 2: Like has he got eyeliner on?
Speaker 1: I think he used to be wearing eyeliner.
Speaker 2: He was chatting all through the point to his dad and then the umpire cold and ct beuz is like he doesn't mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was trying to say, like the other player is fine with it, yeah, and the like really, I.
Speaker 1: Think Patrick Gibson said, are you serious? What in other news curios?
Speaker 2: Yes, he's coming back.
Speaker 1: Yes, are you by curios? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I am by curios to see if this is for real? Yeah, because I feel like he does. He comes back old time.
Speaker 1: He comes back all the time. But he's played just seven singles matches between January twenty twenty three and April twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not a lot.
Speaker 1: He's not going to be a match fit at all. I think he loves the grass and he I think is one holiday before the Germany crass Court tournament and the lead up to like his best run to the Wimbledon final. But is this how do you feel? Do you feel like this is him just money?
Speaker 2: Can't keep plugging barbecues. Yeah, he's going to get back on the court.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think I don't think he's gonna be back for long.
Speaker 1: No, if he makes a proper run at it, you'd have to start training like every day, NonStop from now. Obviously slipping slipping.
Speaker 2: Slipping, slip, what is it? Sounds like, what was that meant to be?
Speaker 1: Skipping?
Speaker 2: Oh? Skipping?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, he's skipping all the clay cords because he hates clay. And then uh, yeah, we'll see if he can make a run at all on grasp but I doubt it. And on bald Watch, Currios has hard launched his shiny bald head, popping the hat off and clips. He's posted to Instagram, so we'll see if that gets a run. And you know he's he's out there with the he wants to play night matches, so it shines off his head and distracts his opponent. That was bald Watch Watch, Lizzie. I don't know if you saw this, but uh, the NC Double A Tennis champions, the Georgia Bulldogs invited to the White House to take a picture with, as you say, the great Man.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump, favorite President.
Speaker 1: Yes, this photo buckled.
Speaker 2: Me is so funny. Why we're celebrating women's tennis standing in front of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is Donald Trump with a bunch of other men standing in front of the women's tennis team.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Just go women.
Speaker 1: They're not worried about the optics at all anymore, are they?
Speaker 2: And Trump is so tall, like he's almost level with the girls in the second row. So there's three rows of women to the back of Trump, and there's one to his left. That's kind of like sneaking in.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's cute. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's standing on a little soap probably. Yeah. Yeah, he's like, we.
Speaker 4: Love women, We love the Georgia women's ten Yeah. Oh, we're huge supports of women. You can grab him anywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, I mean, congratulations to the Georgia Bulldogs women's tennis team. But I mean, come on, just that's bad. Yeah, it's don to the side.
Speaker 2: There's plenty of room.
Speaker 1: Am I a dick? Am I dick? Am I dick.
Speaker 2: So Mike, we've got a new segment, all right, I'm excited. Yeah, me too, because it's called Quizzy who we don't have a sting, so I'm just going to do this.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: And then he is going to make a little sting later, okay to my buppin. Yeah, so okay, so we've just got tennis related questions. I'm going to ask you and we'll go until you you know, as long as you get them right. And once you get stumped, we'll throw it to our listeners, our beautiful listeners, and they can email in at pod labor at tennis dot com dot au with the answer and get a prize.
Speaker 1: What surprise.
Speaker 2: We're not really sure yet, but we're going to go to Craig Tiley's office and find some things.
Speaker 1: You left a lot of stuff behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he's still there, is he? Yeah, he's still around around ship.
Speaker 1: I thought because I was rating it the other day.
Speaker 2: Getting it sucks.
Speaker 1: I saw the shirt camorrhoid cushion.
Speaker 2: That's the prize, Greig Tylie's hemorrhoids cushions. You can get it off, Mike Ye all right, you ready?
Speaker 1: I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Okay. Who won the men's singles title in both twenty nineteen and twenty twenty at the Australian.
Speaker 1: Open, Easy Novak Djokovic. Yes, correct, I was at the twenty twenty final where he be the weird one dominic team. No, it wasn't the weird.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the weird one.
Speaker 1: This is pre oh just oh my gosh, right before the as you call it, plandemic.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry for my people. Which of the following cities has never hosted the Australian Open hosted?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the Adelaide, Brisbane, canbra.
Speaker 1: Huh I'm gonna say Canberra. Correct, Yes, well done, thank you. Well?
Speaker 2: Where are the finals of the Australian Open plate? I mean, come on, High Sense Arena.
Speaker 1: If I got this wrong, I'd.
Speaker 2: Be Margaret Cought Arena, Rod lavor Arina ku Jong Stadium. I mean I'll answer it for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rod Labor Arena.
Speaker 2: What was the official attendance of the twenty twenty Australian Open tournament that you were at sixty two thousand, one hundred and seventy four, three hundred and twelve thousand, one hundred and seventy four, five hundred and sixty two thousand, one hundred and seventy four or eight hundred and twelve thousand, one hundred and seventy four.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think you gotta go high right.
Speaker 2: I think I feel like they had eight hundred and twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just going off for tenants this year. Yeah, I'm gonna go the highest one and twelve correct, All right, Wow, you're have to get up pretty today.
Speaker 2: Well, you are hanging on tight to this hemorrhoid cushion, which company has since twenty nineteen supplied the four thousand tennis balls used in the Australian Open.
Speaker 1: Dunlap everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 2: In the studio. Oh my gosh, should we have to keep going? Oh, you can't do this one? Oh no, maybe he won't know this. The Australian Open has been played on what type of surface? Since twenty twenty Blue deco turf, blue, green set blue, Plexi cushion, blue, rebound ace Ooh, this is tough.
Speaker 1: This is tough because I know it's blue, it's blue, but.
Speaker 2: All the answers start with blue.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'll say, well, rebound ace is what we hope Ace Man will do after getting X from the show.
Speaker 5: We will go.
Speaker 1: I'll say plexi cushion. I think it's said that.
Speaker 2: Plexi plexi cushion incorrect, So I won't say the answer. But if you do know the answer, right, please write into Podlavor at tennis dot com dot Au.
Speaker 1: And you got three options there to choose from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first investressed, first instress. Yeah, anyone checked the email box lately?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: It could be piling up. And that was Quizzy, who.
Speaker 1: What music are you going to put over the.
Speaker 2: Oh you like the Jamaican Put?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Put something problematic? Make it like r Kelly. We all get canted, yeah, Lizzie, because we're in a kind of in between zone of one thousands and slams. And we had some randoms come through. Oh we did during the Australian Open, This one I love though. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was a good guy. Yeah, you had a good chat with him and he was very impressed with your knowledge of skateboarding. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This was Keegan Palmer, two time Olympic gold medalist, and yeah, I talked skateboarding and he said he asked me, He's like, man, you must be like twenty five years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how do you do fellow kids?
Speaker 2: Do you say to you? He's like, gonna hook you up if you have a go to San Diego's Like, yeah, I'll introduce you to like some skateboarding. Great. I was like, you don't need to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So he was an awesome interview. He was at the Australian Open. He was excited to watch Alchorazm a lot of the other big players. A big tennis fan himself, enjoy our chat with Kegan Palmer. Welcome back to pot Labor Arena. Today's guess double gold medal is Kegan Palmer is here.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it. I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 1: Man, Thanks for being Yeah, so like you're getting amongst the Australian Open. Yeah, you're gonna go see Duckworth Play Center.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah here are you backing in that?
Speaker 5: I mean I gonna go Aussie way for sure, But Cinner and Carlos have definitely drawn me into tennis a lot more in these last couple of years, for sure.
Speaker 1: Do you play?
Speaker 5: I don't. I've got up. This might be controversial, but I play a little paddle, play little paddle really bad at tennis, though really bad. I think it's transferable, though you probably dominated We're gonna have to get into it. Maybe no pickleball, No pickle I can't. I don't know, no mud to pick up. Well, I live in California. At the moment, everybody plays pickable like all my friends do as well?
Speaker 1: Are you huge? Bobby Riggs Tennis Center is now all pickle.
Speaker 5: Like even the tennis like a couple of places where we play golf at homes got huge pickleball courts now with the tennis courts and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Do you play golf? Play a lot of golf?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, let me see what you think about this, because I play a little pickleball. But once I heard someone put it this way, it made me question ever doing it again. I heard that pickleball is the roller blading and as tennis is the skateboarding.
Speaker 5: If that's the case, I might never pick up the racket myself.
Speaker 1: But it really ruins it.
Speaker 5: It does. But you know, I can see what the appeal is in pickle is really fast paced. You know, you're quite close quarters with everyone. You know, balls back and forth and stuff, so it's entertaining for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, and you go back and forth to the States.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm back and forth all the time. So you got to the dual city beautiful? Yeah, yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: I don't I just have ONEZ loser?
Speaker 1: Guys, No, you got to get that double pass for it. You feel like Jason Bourne.
Speaker 5: Now, it's just makes it really easy to like, especially traveling out of America to like Europe and stuff, It's easy to just go.
Speaker 2: On showing off. It's rude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's awesome to have you here. I wanted to ask this is maybe in the weeds a little bit with skateboarding. I skated when I was growing up for years, you know, but now I'm an old piece of ship.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 1: But I still love, you know, watching it, follow all the skaters on on Instagram. I know Chris Joslyn recently three sixty flipped Al Toro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's I'm really glad.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I always was one of the people that thought he landed it back in the day because his truck broke when he landed, that's right, so he like fell after riding away, and then he went back and did it. And I'm really stoked for the guy, cause, like we ride for the same energy drink, so we do a lot of stuff together. He's a great dude, a good family guy at home. Yeah he works.
Speaker 1: Hard, oh man, and it's amazing. Yeah, like the ankle, how old is he?
Speaker 5: Dude, He's got to be rude, but yeah he definitely is up there a little bit no.
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't like, yeah, a little bit too old.
Speaker 5: No, I was gonna say mid thirties.
Speaker 1: Possibly, Yeah, fuck I feel old, I know, yeah real, maybe for Justin's sake, because yeah, he's still killing it against all the younger dudes as well. Right, well, I'm forty four. What would happen if I tried the three sixty flip toro?
Speaker 5: It's definitely like to be a little brutal, but you would snap it out because my buddy still breaks and I'm meant to be a professional at it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, but like, I mean, what were you twenty three, twenty two, right, and you're surfing as well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean growing up in the Gold Coast, you know my whole childhood, surfing was a big part of my life with my parents. You know, both my parents surf. My younger brothers surf, so big family of surfers. Snowboarding, yeah, big, big time snowboarding. I love it. Yeah. I tried to try to do all the board sports. Snowboarding, I like think I'm better at it, and then I always hurt myself. So I'm like, oh, it feels like I'm on my skateboarding, then.
Speaker 2: Try the same tricks on the snowboard.
Speaker 5: Yes, and then I've broken my collar bone. So we've put we've we've we've put the snowboarding progression on hold for a little while. Just you know, more fun now, just cruising.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit of for sure.
Speaker 1: Pickleball is boogie boarding and surfing is no.
Speaker 5: But it's funny. Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we want to do this game with shut up. We've obviously I haven't had a pro skater on the show.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you guys having probably only.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean Ship Mountain if you're out.
Speaker 5: There, Wow, that's a legend.
Speaker 1: I love to get him on. Yeah, Mike McGill.
Speaker 5: Wow, if you come to San Diego and then we can make that happen. But yeah, yeah, Mike, Mike lives down where I live.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: And then I used to ride for Flip back in the day, so.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, I know Lance Tom Penny was oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one of the greatest of all times, the NFL chack. These names are very credible names, I know, like is it's like, you know, are very credible names in the industry.
Speaker 1: So like I heard it here.
Speaker 5: First, Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kigan Palmer says, I'm a legit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got good credit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll try this game. We have a sheet for you somewhere that's got a bunch of uh the yep, that one there, so I have a quick look. Don't say any of it out loud. What you're gonna do is throw one from each column at Lizzie. She's going to say whether it's a real skateboard trick or not. This is going to be correct, and then to test how's your tennis knowledge?
Speaker 5: Yeah that this is going to be not the great not the greatest.
Speaker 1: She's gonna throw real and fake tennis player names you and you got to tell us whether they're real or so. Kagan, you start.
Speaker 5: All right, three sixty flip reeal or fake?
Speaker 1: Real? We're just talking about it.
Speaker 5: I don't imagine that it was three sixty flip is a trade flip?
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, that's why I was going to go cue. Yeah that's what I usually call it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lizzie, Uh, you give Kegan a tennis player that could be real or fake.
Speaker 2: Okay, Katie Volley nets.
Speaker 5: It has to be fake? Is it fake?
Speaker 2: Real? Really?
Speaker 1: The trick?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: No, you're good. I was like, fifty fifty.
Speaker 5: I was like, are they tricking me?
Speaker 2: Or is it it?
Speaker 5: Is it not real?
Speaker 1: Well there you go, fifty to fifty real skateboard trick or not?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Real?
Speaker 1: Okay, well she did that give.
Speaker 2: Her Yeah that's real.
Speaker 5: That's a good one though. Okay, I see I can't laugh when I read yeah your because they're pretty good. Stale fish real.
Speaker 2: A fake, fake, it's real. What does that look like?
Speaker 5: So if you skate with your right foot forward, you're grabbing behind your heel, like by your heel with your left hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's it pretty much.
Speaker 5: While doing it, I say, that's like I could do it. And then you're while you're doing a little era out of the transition.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, so right now, keeping tally. You've got one wrong, Kegan, You've got one wrong. So uh another one from Lizzie?
Speaker 2: Okaykean, what have we got here? Felix boom gator.
Speaker 5: I've got a fifty to fifty chance of guessing, So I got to go for it here at this point, I'm gonna go with true. You've got a good perk face over there. You play pokon No I should.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, one more each and then we'll settle this on the King Kong table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should a mctwist real good job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he couldn't read the fake ones.
Speaker 5: Some of them are so funny, like gravel fan.
Speaker 2: Gravel. Yeah, I think read me some of the fake ones.
Speaker 5: Okay, no, okay, we're gonna do maybe a fake Americay.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: I won't look at you.
Speaker 5: How's that three sixty tongo store?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: Real, all right, but I think that was good. I think I think.
Speaker 5: Lizzy might have No, she's definitely one with Yeah, definitely one on that one.
Speaker 1: It was pretty Katie Volley nets.
Speaker 5: It's like that's trick, but there's also the Volly nets. And like ten, I was like, come on, what we've.
Speaker 1: Been doing to wrap up the interviews? As our own little one point slam on the ping pong table? I think, ause you guys just verse each other that you're gonna settle it there, Lizzie, because you won that true or false round, what do you want to do.
Speaker 2: It? Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, we have another round of the one point slam on the ping pong table between our very own Lizzy Who and gold medalists. Keagan Palmer Lizzie is elected to serve. Lizzy take it away. Oh my god. That was the.
Speaker 6: Worst, the worst one point slam we've ever done. Lizzy couldn't even get the serve over the net. She double bounced it on her side for some reason. And now Kagan, Keagan, do not take it easy. Don't take any people have been taking it easy.
Speaker 1: All right, Keagan, here we go. Oh my god, I missed. They messed altogether.
Speaker 2: Do do do do do