Speaker 1: It is a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, come on and welcomel to today's show. On today's show, then we got Mount Rushmore. Let me do every Thursday today it's the Mount Rushmore of bad movie sequels. I hadn't realized yesterday I was thinking about which one I'm going to go for this morning. I hadn't realized yesterday just how many awful, awful sequels they've been, I mean, really terrible, terrible ones. The key sign of one of them is when one of the key members in the first great movie has seen the proposal and gone I'm out.
Speaker 3: Guy doesn't want anything to do with it.
Speaker 2: I'd rather not take a huge paycheck off millions. I'd rather be possibly unemployed than ever work again than sign on for this stinker. There are so many great examples of that. So from half seventh this morning, we get into bad movie sequels. Before that, before we go any further with today's show, we do have We're crammed with parrot stories. Yep, I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: Chat.
Speaker 2: It's very for me not now to sit on these stories until after seven o'clock this morning. I've got emails, I've got audio of singing parrots like you've never heard parrots sing before. All started yesterday because in England at a wildlife center, five swearing parrots have been removed from displaying.
Speaker 3: Yep, they were bad eggs. They were teaching the other parrotswear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so we started getting to parrots yesterday. So we've held it off in tool today before we go any further, though, Patsy just hearing her there is back on the show Monday. Yesterday was the first day. I got a couple of emails saying has she left the show? And I do understand one of them, because radio here is pretty ruthless. If you don't hear from some and after like a week and half the show is still there, you just presume they've been showing out the door. And they never referred to that person ever again. And we lazy just haven't got around to editing her out of those bits, and we keep looking at you and we must take her out. Patsy's coming back to the show Monday. What if she never is though? And I just keep saying that. People go all right, Patsy is working for the show for the next five years, and she's We've had to put it back a week now. She is back Monday. She's been in the hospital, she's recovering this week. She's definitely back Monday. She's born frustrated and asking producers what's the goss at the moment, so she's primed and ready to go. Jack is panicking because every single other team member, including myself, has spoken to Patsy. Her operation was two weeks ago. The only person that hasn't is you.
Speaker 3: I got the days mixed up in my calendar and I couldn't remember exactly which day she went in for the operations.
Speaker 2: It's doesn't how when I spoke to last Friday, she's heard all this. All right, well this is your defense, don't come to work Monday.
Speaker 3: I don't need defense anymore because yesterday I solved the problem I sent. I spent the most money I've ever spent on a hamper in my life, and that's shipping out to where abe as we speak.
Speaker 2: I'm going to two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what's she going to remember?
Speaker 2: Not even an original idea. She's going to think that you just couldn't think of anything else and just thought, well, what he got her, I'll get it.
Speaker 3: But two weeks later, what's she going to remember when she comes in on Monday?
Speaker 2: How late you're hand wash?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What did I get? I can't really remember what Christian company? But Jack, I'm still enjoying them through.
Speaker 2: It's actually inconvenience that where we're going to put the wicker basket yours.
Speaker 3: Yours has gone bad by now and they had to throw it out. Oh we didn't get through Christians and there's this new one that came even more gourmet than Christians one.
Speaker 2: You don't know how gormet mind was. Well, I went top of the tree, I went, I went, I made my own tree.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'd love to know the company you went with. I want if it's the same one.
Speaker 3: And I just went for the first one and Google, I said, Hampers delivered to Werribee and then whatever's at the top of Google.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you went Hamper. Are you going to speak to before Monday.
Speaker 3: Or trying to? I'm trying to reach out to she's not riding back.
Speaker 2: To up the phone and call her. You've got to be on a radio show with her Monday. Is it going to be frosty and filthy between you both of you.
Speaker 3: Now, because you have the hamper. Then I'll call her. When the hamper hits, I'll call her and go, how's the cheese?
Speaker 2: I tell you one thing right now, honestly, I to the temperature last Friday, all right, since then, you know, for some if it gets there today right six days have gone past, that isn't going to do. It's not going to do what you want to do.
Speaker 3: No, but it's very gourmet.
Speaker 2: She hates Gormet food. Do you know what they're like? They lick plates? Do you remember she's told us that on air they licked the plates after a meal. They don't know what gourmet food is. All right, they will frown it. They'll be frightened of it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Asking you what are you up to? Right now? We've got some loads of me all lined up to speak to us. As is often on the phone software here, I can look across and I can see that sometimes it producers put like a line of detail about the caller. Did you see the person that that just simply said their name? And then Pagolas question mark like awen, she was having a chat about what what about Pergolas is he making them? Is he trapped under one? I need more details than simply pagolas. Gary is on the line.
Speaker 5: Good morning Gary, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 3: Then Jack, if he is trapped in one, we should not need to get him on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, don't just put question Marcus. I'm frightened now and I can't move on. So about this, Gary, what are you up to right now? Gary?
Speaker 6: The goala is not quite correct. Although I am putting your final coat of vanish on some lovely old pieces of wood which will become a bespoke bid for my son.
Speaker 2: You're making a bespoke bed for your son. That's awesome. How old is your boy?
Speaker 6: He's twenty eight?
Speaker 2: Oh right? I thought he meant like some racing cart bet. Maybe it's a racing can't bet right, twenty eight year old? We're never too old to enjoy a nice bed about the train bed or maybe a crocodile and you climb in through the mouth, you know. And what is the bespoke bed for a twenty eight year old?
Speaker 6: This will be a Japanese inspired minimalist foot on style bid made out of some sixty year old missmate?
Speaker 5: Would wow?
Speaker 2: Wow? That sounds beautiful it's more like a work of art.
Speaker 6: I'm hoping.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, how long you've been working on that?
Speaker 6: Longer than I should. This will be probably the third month now, right, And.
Speaker 2: This is your job or like a hobby.
Speaker 6: No, this is a hobby. I need to get this done so I can get off to work.
Speaker 3: And I was wondering why you were doing it so early in the morning.
Speaker 2: So do you get up early in the morning and get it done? Then that's sort of those magical early hours before you have to the world wakes up and you've got to deal with life.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: Quite often I'm already on the road by this time, but I've got a later start, and I just I need to get this job done. It's just it's almost an obsession at the moment. I need to get on with the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Listen, when it's all done, please, I'd love to see a photo of this. It does sound amazing.
Speaker 6: I'm yeah, the wood looks lovely again. I'm really in love with the wood. I don't want to let that go, but I do need to move on with my life.
Speaker 2: Move on with your life. Wow, it is taking over three months making it better. I mean, I tried to make an I care once. It took a couple of days, but even by mindset is three months might be pushing.
Speaker 3: And you said it was minimalist. So I've just got a kind of a box with a mattress picting in my head. But I bet it's more than.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, of this would just be the doner and a pillow.
Speaker 3: There's the messmates sleeping.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think your next hobby needs to be working out what exactly minimalism is. Gary, good on you send us a poto. Good luck with finishing it off. All right, take way bye, Still no details on the paginga boy. Heather, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you Christian and Jake?
Speaker 2: We're good?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You well, Heather?
Speaker 9: I am yeah?
Speaker 7: Tires it you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And what are you doing right now? You're obviously on the road where you off to?
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm driving to work at danding On Hospital.
Speaker 2: And what do you do at Dandenong Hospital.
Speaker 7: At patient service assistance?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay? And how's it going at the moment? You're busy? Is it fell on? Is it hard? Another ppe gear? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Very busy. Extra staff being hired to help in cleaning and all sorts of things.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, thank you for working so hard for all of us, you guys, you know, right at the frontline there this year. So thank you.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, it's pretty stressful.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you've been looked after. And what are you doing? Have you got you got anything nice plan for the weekend or a lot of the rest of us. You're all primed. Give me sat in front of the TV with something to throw at Dan Andrews Sunday midday.
Speaker 7: No, no such luxuries. I have a small farm, so my daughter and I are quite busy for doing that when we're not at work.
Speaker 2: Love a small farm. Is it minimalism? Miniature farms? I feel like I'm actually quite boring, to be honest.
Speaker 7: No, we have miniature ponies. We have big horses, yes, ducks Gate.
Speaker 2: So you've got large, actual size horses and then mini ones as well, so you've got both range covered there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the mini ones are broken into Hannahs and say they're a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Right, awesome, All right, Heather, I have a good day work. Thanks for cord and take.
Speaker 7: Care, no worries, Thank you guy.
Speaker 2: I squeezed one last one in. Joe. Good morning, Joe, Good morning, Joe, Good morning. Welcome for the show. And what are you up to right now?
Speaker 11: I'm driving tour from base side all the way to Bundura.
Speaker 2: And what are you doing Bundura?
Speaker 11: Help teach transfusion scientists and lab bet.
Speaker 2: Scientists transfusion sciences. That's the way out of our level. Try and educate Jack and I. Right now, what is transfusion sciences? Is it? Is that blood transfusion? Yes?
Speaker 11: So people, the students who next year will hopefully be in the labs making sure our blood's safe for us to use.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wait, an important job right now within the next generation of plasma scientists. All right, So it's plants for a different things.
Speaker 11: Yes, okay, they learn anatomy, they learn a bunch of things, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, bye bye, Joe, thank you. Thanks.
Speaker 3: I guess we're on the good at miniature plans and anything after that and a bed.
Speaker 2: It's out. It's transfusion science. Is everyone not plasma idiots?
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: All this week. Then we're asking you what is it you've always fancied doing it. We're calling it the book it List because we're giving you a thousand dollars a day to book it in we're booking it for you going from a Monday vaness who wanted to We're training as a trapez artist. That is now booked in. Okay, Melbourne's next generation of trapeze artists is safe. Guys. I like this one who came in last night to me, DJ run for Cover. Good email address, right, DJ Run for Cover.
Speaker 3: Oh that's his name the subject.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, that's the email address, DJ run for Cover. Just you know cover c Ova so called it.
Speaker 3: Very cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my partner, this is sister. No, hello again. I love the ones that know Hello. Then we good time for that. Okay, we need to get down to the business again. My partner wants to ride in a sidecart connected to a motorbike. L ol. So weird but cool. End of message. That's it. Minimalist like our friend's bed. That is great. You don't see a lot of that anymore. He's a motorbike with a sidecart. It was normally sort of like a sort of quite a sort of elderly couple. You know, you have the old guy and then the lady was always in the sidecar. He used to see it a lot in sort of British sitcoms of the eighties and late seventies, like Cherrying Tune where the two would separate and she'd go off down one lane and he would carry on and the music we'd go like this. To me as a kid, that was always high comedy grown up as well, that was what comedy was in the early eighties. We're banking that one. That's a contender. Here's why we're doing it. Then, this is a really important thing this week. We have a lot of fun booking all these various things that you're desperate to do. We've got a great one lined up in five minutes time. We're doing this with Cancer Council Australia and who are asking you to do the screening test for Boo cancer so you can do stuff like this. You can train to be a trapeze artist. This is all about looking after your life and prolonging it as well by doing the test. You are so lucky in this country. You know you don't. I don't think there's any other country in the world where they send you this screening test the moment you hit fifty. It's an amazing privilege. You've got this system that care for you like that, use it. Please do the test and every day. We're reminding you why it's so important, far more portant than me banging on about it every day, which I will do because it is important for you and I care about you. But Sharon Logan is the wife. She's a grieving wife as well, because her husband Peter passed away earlier this year. Peter w n now on the show. He was one of you as a listener, and he emailed me about a year and a half ago saying that he had stage four terminal bell cancer because he didn't do the test. He left it too late. Peter should still be alive, but he's not because he didn't do the test. Yesterday, I think I read out the fact ninety percent ninety percent of bow councer, even when it's diagnosed early, is curable, is treatable. We don't need to be losing the people we care about this disease. We can get in there early. Please do the test.
Speaker 12: Have listened to this from Sharon, Please please listen to your body. My husband didn't listen to his body. He got the Bell test sent to him when he was fifty, he ignored it, said it was too late. At fifty two, when he went to the doctors. It may not have been too late if he went to the doctors when he was fifty. Just please, please don't ignore the sign.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Sharon Councer, Counsel Australia Supported People aged fifty to seventy four do the Battle Cancer screening test and live a fulfilling life. If there's anything then you want for tomorrow's show that we can book it in for you, email me. Have I think today Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot A. You were giving someone some good news.
Speaker 1: Christian, Hey, hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What is your fantasy? Let us turn it into a reality. Oh well yeah, yeah, figuring that one showing that sound pretty good? Actually ten to seven gold one oh four point three. That's as slick as it's going to get today. Kids comes out of no know where. There's real good.
Speaker 1: Book you real good.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that man, all right, book it real good? The book at list. What can we book in for you? What if you always wanted to do doing everything there this week? Give you a thousand dollars to book it in.
Speaker 4: Laura, Good morning, Good morning, Christian hair going.
Speaker 2: I'm good Laura, So you're a high school PE teacher.
Speaker 4: That indeed, I am right, and kids.
Speaker 2: Are back this week.
Speaker 9: Yes, kids are back this week. And it was yeah, very overwhelming, but amazing to see their faces in real life and not in front of her screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd never thought about PE. Teacher went over zoom what we're doing making them do stargres.
Speaker 2: Squad thrusts and stuff like that, but yelling at them, you know, with a whistle around your neck.
Speaker 9: Okay, lots of lots of embarrassing videos of myself doing a workout for.
Speaker 3: Them to do.
Speaker 2: So you're kidding, Is that what you've had to do, like zoom workouts at home?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: So as a thirty eight year old, I'm sure that's what we wanted to do. During the PE lesson there are their old penny teachers try and working out.
Speaker 2: Well, that's got to be a workout exhausting for you doing that every day.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it really was, especially by two children jumping on me while I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To wwe Rara and jumping off the top rope. Where in your house were you doing these home workouts?
Speaker 9: I was doing it in the laund room.
Speaker 2: TV in the background, or the family photos TV.
Speaker 9: Pepper peek in the background, sometimes.
Speaker 2: Press on the couch and so what is it we can do for you? What have you fancy doing? Laura?
Speaker 9: Okay, So I, as you know, I'm a PE teacher and I've recently started teaching the last a couple of years down the coast, and part of the PE curriculum, of course, is surfing. But I've always taught inland. I've never had to even think about the surfing in part of my repertoire, and so I have to take my unines in terms of out surfing. And just picture a thirty eight year old woman standing on a banana fuel on a surfboard and that's me. Yes, I would love to learn how to surf actually, so I could actually be there in the water with my students and up them going come on, miless, you could do it. Keep on trying, because.
Speaker 2: Let's go back for us.
Speaker 3: I'm touching seaweed, but just caught up.
Speaker 9: I'll reach you out there.
Speaker 6: That's pretty much.
Speaker 4: You know what it is?
Speaker 2: Well, Laura, we love this and we love you. So what we're going to do is we've booked you surf lessons at Go Ride Away. We've got you the go down the line adult package shifting it's new d surfing or something, but I've been as sure it isn't Nu dysurfing. That's the adult plus. We got you six two hour lessons to twelve hour lessons. We're a qualified surfing structure, which is great. The last thing I wanted some guy they found on the beach giving you go. He's qualified, he's got his certificates, and now the choice is what we can do. So we've booked that in for you. Twelve twelve hours of serve lessons is amazing.
Speaker 9: If I can't get it after that, well.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they get you up. Don't worry. Now the thing is right. We can if you want. We can also do the same thing so you and your husband can have listeners together.
Speaker 5: But I know how it is.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes you want a bit of a lone time. This is your thing. You don't have to have that. We can give you the four hundred dollars we've got left over. What would you prefer?
Speaker 9: No, I want to I want to try and help you. Someone habby to come join me calling the combat warm bat and a big fella one hundred and wow. Yeah, so I wanted to come join me and I want to be show I can do it and so give you more competitives. If I've got me, you know, I'll probably try.
Speaker 2: Great, you've got your pacemaker there with you. Yeah, that's it all right, Laura done. We're booking both in them for that adult package.
Speaker 9: A thank you guys so much, bless you, thank.
Speaker 2: You very much, thanks lovely to talk. You have a good day today, customer.
Speaker 1: Real bok you real good.
Speaker 2: Last one tomorrow? What would you like us the booking in for you? It's the last one tomorrow on the show. Email me today. What do you always fancy doing like Laura and the surfer lessons, whatever it is, drop me a line Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au and we can book it real.
Speaker 13: Good Christian Christian Iconnor the Christian O'Connell Show podcast told you this story yesterday about these swearing parrots who have been removed view.
Speaker 2: That's the headline, the BBC headline online Swearing parrots removed from view. Five parrots of Wildlife park in the UK have been removed from public display after they start swearing at visitors. And already this is I'd pay extra for that. It's just the offer of a swearing parrot five of them as well. The parents said the report swore to trigger a reaction and response, so if people look shocked or laughed, it encouraged them to do it even more. It's like teenagers with five one would swear and the others would laugh, and then the swearing one would carry on. So they moved them to different colonies. At the back of the zoom guessing that they're worrying now that if the swearing parents teach the other parrot's bad language, they could up with it and up with two hundred and fifty swearing birds, which is amazing. And then the last line of the support is what leads us to what we've got right now. The last line of this BBC News report says earlier this year, the same Wildlife sanctuary had a viral superstar in cheek E the parrot, because of his version of beyonces If I were a boy. Now, I can't leave that there. We want to hear this parrot, Chico, this superstar doing beyonces if I were a boy. This is a parrot pitch perfect to my lead is but pitch perfect to me doing if I were a boy. This is Chico.
Speaker 3: I mean great vibrato on the well.
Speaker 2: I mean there are contestants on the voice that aren't as good as this is the original I mean is good. He got right. I've got some more singing parrots. You really all right? Where do you want to go? First? Of all, do you want to meet Cherry the hyacinth McCaw Okay, he does see a chandelier.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: They love to hear those high notes, don't they. Here's the original song, Cherry the mccau.
Speaker 8: Is.
Speaker 3: His pronunciation isn't perfect, but.
Speaker 2: It's hitting all the right notes the right basis. Jack, do you want to meet? Now? This is Sonny, who's a cockatil. He performs the apple ringtone. Bit more basic, but still very good. If I own that and he kept doing that, it'd be really irritating.
Speaker 3: That's the way I put out the back.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: These are all pretty good. But if you get called up, if you're a performing parrot or a singing parrot with the gift as they call it, then if you get the call up from Disneyland, that's top gun for parrots. This is Groucho. This is amazing to this guy.
Speaker 8: Ah, My name is Cassi Molina. I am the director of staff development.
Speaker 14: At Natal Developments and top trainers here at the Flights of Wonder show.
Speaker 8: Groucho is a yellow named Amazon parrot. He's twenty three years old. He's been performing here at the Animal Kingdom since the Nmal Kingdom opened, and he is absolutely one in a million. Well, I think what makes him most special is the fact that he sings seven songs, but also how clearly he sings them.
Speaker 2: Before not one that could do that.
Speaker 14: One of the other things that makes him so incredible is that he gets turned on when there's people around, when there's cameras around, you know, in the studios during the jay Leno or One's a generous show, some birds freeze and keeps going, and he's just background talking up a storm and just really gets turned on by being in front of a camera.
Speaker 8: Grauso gets to sing whichever song he wants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brush, Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 2: Our last show, our last show. We need to call them up. He needs to that Christmas Carol life on air. That's been the last thing you hear from this show. Come up next. Then all the parrot and bird stories you sent me over the last twenty four hours. The Christian O'Connell show podcast yesterday was saying we wanted in any parrot stories from you guys. We've got parrot stories. Thank you very much to Mike and Mike and Dobryan who reminded me of a story about the Queen's yacht worth millions. All right, Obviously she's not getting some little dingy, is she.
Speaker 3: I don't imagine the queen sailing around on a.
Speaker 2: Yacht, Royal Yacht Britannia.
Speaker 3: How often does she get on it?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think they lend it out to all the various family members and stuff like that. Royal Yacht Britannia. And maybe years ago they had a parrot is a mascot okay, And apparently because the parents they are so such powerful mimics. You heard them singing there. They've learned that somehow and they can repeat it about such powerful mimics, which is why they swear a lot as well. Anyway, they had this mascot for the Queen, the Royal Britannia, and unfortunately because of some of the people with ob He working there, you know that it learns some very bad lung. It's so much so that whenever the Queen came bore they had to get rid of it. She the Queen wester Barrett. It's back at the events because as it told her to f off. This comes from Kate Stokes Christian. When my son was about three, we took them to see one of the attractions at Philip Island. At the entrance, there was a small davery that house a rather vocal cockatoo. It was saying the usual type of greetings, like hello, hansome, who's a pretty boy. My son was convinced it was talking particularly to him, was fascinated to Mike when it said, cocky, want to scratch? Uh? Julie stuck his finger in the cage to oblige and was bitten really badly. He led a naughty cocky. He learn how a squill and came racing back to me, where I kissed it better as mums do. I thought that was the end of it. The next thing, he went back to uh Cocky's cage and started talking animately at the burn, and then started softly crying again. I asked him what's happened now, to which he sobbed. Cocky won't say sorry, Oh dear, Well, that's a sad lesson there, Katie, about cockatoos and fishous little things. This is a story about a foulmouth parrot here in Melbourne had launched. A parrot swears at firefighter trying to rescue it from roof. This is amazing. Look at that there was a macaw on the roof. He was up there for three days, who kept telling various fieries, was swearing at them, dropping f bum bombs to tell him to go away. A foulmouth parrot launched a four letter tirade at firefighters who were trying to rescue the bird from a neighbor's roof in Melbourne. This is incredible. The mcare is multi lingual, so they had to learn what come here is in Turkish and Greek. I love that Jack's got a parrot story. Please tell us a story of Gus.
Speaker 3: Oh, we didn't have a parrot. We had a canary when I was a kid, yellow canary, and I couldn't remember really what happened to him. So I asked my mum yesterday when we were talking about birds, what happened at Gus because he was stolen, and she goes At the time, we had people living across the road who were drug dealers. Their business modeling included trading secondhand goods for drugs, so that we had a period of regular break ins and there in our street. And one morning I went out to find Gus and he was gone cage and all we assume he was traded in. He wasn't a young canary.
Speaker 2: So listen, I've seen every single episode of Breaking Back. All right, I've seen Scarface. Okay, there's no, there's no there's drug dealers aren't trading in yellow canaries. There's not a big market for canaries.
Speaker 3: And then what happened to Gus.
Speaker 2: You know what happens is what happens to a lot of young kids. And now the parents don't know what to say when gust has died.
Speaker 3: My mom thought a more super story for a child, but drug dealistic.
Speaker 1: Started.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast, We.
Speaker 2: Get Together and de baits what four and it can only be? Four? Should go up on the Mount Rushmore. It's going to be a big one today. It's about movie sequels.
Speaker 9: It has to be that ripple cake you last floor, David?
Speaker 1: Please you wrong mate? Can you go fast?
Speaker 2: Heavy?
Speaker 8: Dot?
Speaker 12: True?
Speaker 1: Sonado definitely cher there is only one.
Speaker 4: The Mighty Kingston's were then you're amazing, Hi amazing wind the two.
Speaker 1: It's like putting the Sistine chuckle in.
Speaker 5: The taj Mahal.
Speaker 2: So home a strong debate on the radio. Is Mount Rushmore this week? Then? You know, we love movies on the show. But there are great movies and then there are sequels. And it's really rare the movies that actually launch good sequels. There are some. The second Godfather movie is great, a third one no need awful, just an awful movie. So today, what are the very best worst movie sequels? That's what's going up on Mount Rushmore? Jack, what's it for you?
Speaker 3: We love Home Alone on the show, one of my favorite kids movies. But Home Alone three did not have mcaulay culkin. Instead, they didn't even call him Kevin in the movie. This guy's name was Alex and instead of having the suspense of his family's flown away to Paris or they've tried to take him to.
Speaker 2: Unit, it's a Christmas movie as high as well, isn't it?
Speaker 3: This one is no Christmas bells, no jingle bells. Instead of his family going away, they just go to work for the day and he's homesick.
Speaker 2: There's none of this, there's no effort made into that. Is that what happens to the family that's just going to work for the day.
Speaker 3: And then so I guess to try and build suspense on top of that lame story instead of just burglars his fighting, he fights international terrorists.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, in a culd de sact. This is some of the trainer.
Speaker 5: A team of international high class thieves have crossed two continents to steal a ten million dollars make courtship.
Speaker 1: If that goes in a missile, hair defenses can't stop it.
Speaker 5: They trusted to a quiet Chicago suburb.
Speaker 1: There are fourteen houses.
Speaker 2: Their only mistake, moiren sounding Baddie, is being.
Speaker 5: In the same neighborhood as Alex three zero Street.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it makes you irritated as well. And what is it about? You can date this sort of era of the movie there where it was about micro chips. They thought they'd been very modified shift in micro trips and then into a warhead. You know, so we're very topical and zeitgeisty a microchip. All right, So home alone three for you, that's my worst sequel, all right, worst sequel for me? Is I loved Speed? Right? Speed was a great movie. Sondra Bullet and Keanu Reeves they came up with a terribilisa for a second one, so Speed. The first one also had like Dennis Hopper in it and Jeff Daniels as well as a cracking movie about the speeding bust. And we've got some certain speed. Then you know, we all know how it worked. The second one, they came up with a really great idea, what about if it was set on a cruise ship? It's just so boring already, is it?
Speaker 3: They're so slow?
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, so Keanu Revees was went, I'm out forget it. Sondra Bullet went, how much will you give me? She's in it right? And guess what. She's on her honeymoon on this cruise ship. Guess what. Her fiance happens to be a member of the LAPD swat team. That's good luck, isn't it? Because on the ship there's international terrorists also on the ship. Guess who's else are there? All the world's most expensive diamonds are into the cruise ship's vault. Guess who else is there? A guy that the diamond company got rid of years ago in the minds, and he got copper poisoning in his blood. The Baddy is primetime, Willim Dafoe. No one plays a batter of Baddy than Willem Dafoe.
Speaker 3: You're actually making me want to watch this movie. It's a way yourself.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you this, right, I'll say this right. It's you'll have a lot of fun with it, but it is terrible. Willim Dafoe, right, is one of those real over the top movie baddies. He must have had a lot of fun doing this. He's got copper poisoning and he travels on this cruise ship.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't know what cut sort of customs and border patrol they had. He's allowed to travel on this cruise ship with a jar full of leeches, and various times in the movie, William Dafoe, the buddy starts getting the leeches out and getting us to suck the blood, to suck the couple poisoning out of his blood because of what they did to me very early on. Whenever there's a hijackson on a cruise movie, the captain always gets thrown overboard. Done it. It's the symbol that anyway, so William Dafoe throws the captain overboard. As he's gone, you know, in the way, William Dafoe starts shouting him. He's drowning. He's dead about why he's doing all of this after he's chut the other the other thing. It's got that classic you know, what is it about bombs on anything? They have that really bright red countdown.
Speaker 3: Obvious obvious that's a bomb. And how long you've got left?
Speaker 2: Why do they do that? Surely just have something that only you keep, so if someone's going to try and diffuse it, they don't know how long it's gone left. So for me, it's Speed two on a born old cruise ship. That's the worst sequel. What do you think it is? Give us a call nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Talking about bad movie sequels on the Rushmore Today, it's the Mount Rushmore of bad movie sequels. Go on into Tony's listened to us. He sent Jaws four. Jawles four is terrible.
Speaker 3: Wait, I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: Let me just picture this one, right, Jaws four, the the shark in this one is getting revenge on I don't know whether it was Dad it's not made clear on the shark that got killed in the first one. He follows the family of Chief Brody to the Bahamas. He literally tracks this family down. They've lost Chief Brody. You killed the original Jaws shark in the first great movie. The fourth one, it's a vengeful shark. He's like a Matthew Boss because his dad or boss got whacked. He tracks them down to the Bahamas, kills the sun and then goes after the mum.
Speaker 3: I've never seen this, I've been maybe let.
Speaker 2: Me add another little thing to Michael Kaine's in it, right, And you can't work out why would Michael Kine be in such a terrible movie. You think a great isn't Dark Night? And so I read Michael Kaine's autobiography right, and he deals with it. There's a whole chapter about why I did Jaws four and it's so honest. Let's go through a really dry spell not get any work, and we were getting some renovations done at our house. I just presumed I would be working. It doesn't go like that. Work dried up and the building costs were going through the roof, and all of a sudden, his agent, Ranger went listen, I've got a terrible offer for you. Michael went, I'll do it. He goes. It's Jaws four. It's five days work for three million. So I just need the money for the reno. That's why we did it.
Speaker 3: I've been looking up the sequels on Rotten Tomatoes. I've never seen a zero but Jaws four. The Jaws the Revenge has a zero percent tomato made up.
Speaker 2: I think maybe we should all watch Jaws four again in the next week, watch it again together. It's it's so bad.
Speaker 3: The original Speed, which you suggested, ninety four percent, Yeah, great man, and then Speed two four percent. That's a big drop of Home Alone eighty five percent for the original down to twenty nine for Home Alone. Three.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to loan. So we've got Michael.
Speaker 4: Good day, Christian.
Speaker 2: How are you, Michael?
Speaker 4: Not too bad yourself?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Pretty good? So what do you think is the worst sequet ever made?
Speaker 4: George of the Jungle two? Absolutely horrible?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, there wasn't huge demand off the first one for another one. Who came out of that going I need three or four more?
Speaker 4: I mean, no, Brendan Fraser, he made the movie. The jokes were absolutely lame. Yeah, and yeah, just ah, that's got to be right up there. It was absolutely terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and poor old Brendan Fraser, you know, his quality control wasn't the best in his career. But if Brendan Fraser says no.
Speaker 3: That's a big sign not to make the movie.
Speaker 2: Go and see the movie. Michael, that's a good one, Thank you very much, you call no. All right, let's go to Sam. Good morning, Good morning. How are you damn worst movie sequel? What do you think it is?
Speaker 9: It has to be Grease too of all time?
Speaker 12: Absolute stinker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it a young Michelle Pfeiffer.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but nothing beats the Travalta or Olivia Newton.
Speaker 2: John that's for sure. Yeah, such a w terrible and.
Speaker 9: The corny songs they just it just didn't happen for me. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Do you remember this? They did a terrible song, very a sort of patriotic song that even Donald Trump of Make America Great Again will go that's a bit over the top. It was called Let's do it for our country?
Speaker 1: Think about it?
Speaker 5: What if you when he was to die right here tonight, what I would ever do in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Let's do it for our country with the Red Word and it's Uncle Sam who's asking.
Speaker 2: So your learn who's not Spanish. It's Uncle Sam who's asking? All right, Sam, that's a great one.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Last few calls, so Mount Rushmore this morning, which is about bad movie sequels. Simon comerning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good buddy, welcome for show. What's the worst sequel ever?
Speaker 10: Absolute worst sequel ever? I only made it through five minutes with The Mask Too, with Jamie Kennedy. I don't think they could even bring back Jim Carey, he was very funny in the first one, and then bring back Jamie Kennedy and it's terrible.
Speaker 2: It's awful. Yeah, Son of Mask. It killed Jamie Kennedy, who was in Scream. It killed his career.
Speaker 6: Son of Mask was the second one after after The Mask Too, so they didn't even learn from that.
Speaker 2: Let's ever listened to it? The trailer.
Speaker 5: From the director of Kats and Loss.
Speaker 1: I am god my mask.
Speaker 2: Poor old Allan coming got dragged into as well. It's a great actor as well as Loki. Simon, thank you very much. You very funny, have a good name.
Speaker 10: Thank you so you, Matt, Yes, a going Christian?
Speaker 1: How are you going?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Are we're talking Highlander two.
Speaker 10: We're talking Highlander two.
Speaker 1: Shocker, shocker.
Speaker 4: But it's still a terrible film.
Speaker 2: But the first one we can agree is a great movie, isn't Christopher Lamb it is?
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 10: It was a great film. It's a little bit dated now, but yeah, a second film almost ruined the franchise.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, the first movie, if I remember right, they were immortals. He was an immortal. The second movie they dropped all of that, right, he contented In the first one, it turns out they're not immortals from the Highlands. They were aliens from Alien But then Connys in it, and his alien voice is that of a guy from the Highlands. That Scottish accent he never budged on in any movie when he was a Russian submarine commander. In Hunt for the Red October, he's Russian, but he's got a Scottish accent. It's awful, isn't it. It's really ruining the franchise. I didn't even did you go and see the third one? They brought another one.
Speaker 10: I think I don't actually going to see them.
Speaker 2: For me once I was not going to be balled again any more. Money to the Highland.
Speaker 3: Again has liked Jaws for as zero percent.
Speaker 2: Now we're on strong ground here, Yeah, winning, winning, Thanks Cool.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian follow show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday on the show, we were getting very excited because we heard the news story about how we're digging up some of the legendary hallow turf at the MCG and they were going to transport to overnight and refrigerated transport all the way up to the gap.
Speaker 3: It's probably halfway up there right.
Speaker 2: Now now and you must have seen it on the news yesterday.
Speaker 15: The three by one meter section of the mcg's turf was dug up in the early hours of this morning to be transported to the Gabba. And like any transplant, this was a delicate operation. Turf experts, ground curators and officials from the AFL, MCC and the Gabba are all involved ensuring the process gets the green thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Clever the green thumbs up. I like it so as I was thinking about this yesterday, I thought the thing about the MCG is because obviously I saw it for the first time two and a half years ago, and it's amazing. It's a sporting coliseum and like all stadiums around the world. I've been to Wrigley Park and obviously in London we've got Wembley Stadium, and I've been to bone A Bound Europe and the New Camp as well. Each amazing sports stadium has its own As soon as you walk in there, there's the atmosphere, right, It's an essence of a building. Okay, it's not just the turf and that essence really the atmosphere is unique just to the MCG. And my concern is with the Grand finalists. Great, they've got some of the turf, but what's really going to be missing is the MCG atmosphere. And if you have to try and describe what it is, is it it's hopes, it's dreams, it's it's losses, it's all of that. It's pies, it's beer, you know, it's tears. What is the atmosphere of the MCG. It's unique to any other stadium in the world. We need to get that to the gabba.
Speaker 3: How do you transport atmosphere?
Speaker 2: Have we seen Ghostbusters? They trapped, they sucked in, they sucked in the ghosts. Why can't capture the atmosphere? Capture the g right into a sealed This is what I'm thinking, right into a sealed container.
Speaker 3: Show me the noise again, so I really get it.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's been drawn in, sucked into a silk contentent. That's the live going on. Okay. And then that's a drill. That's two screws. I only gonna do the other two. Are we done then? Okay, that's four on. Then what happens to it? We ship it? We get a courier okay, because they can still move state to Steak. Aren't they to get it all the way to the Gabba? Now we're up against time, okay, because obviously we finished next Thursday. We need to have it there now. Once it gets into Brisbane, this is where we need the help of a listener, some listeners in Brisbane. We deliver it to them. We will on their goodwill, Okay, that they're gonna They're gonna go and transport it then to the Gabba. Get as close as they can to the Gabba. I'm doing the screws that we have already put in, okay, and then want to go.
Speaker 3: They let the atmosphere of the mcc out to the new home of the Grand final.
Speaker 2: And you don't need like millions of cubic min a liters of atmosphere. It's like your home, a pathic dose, just a bit of that powerful left essence from the MCG suddenly in the atmosphere of the gabba. That's a grand final. Yep.
Speaker 3: How do we we got to trust the person in Brisbane? What if they take the atmosphere to their home and just let it out in their living.
Speaker 2: Room and be that person who also think there's not going to be a good person there. I'm trying to play Devil's here's what right now. Get me a sealed container, Get me a courier driver, a drill, drill, yes, a sealed container, air tight. If there's anyone listening right now. Yesterday when they were talking about what they're doing with the grass and the turf, they talked about grass specialists. Ye are there any atmosphere specialists or vibologists that know about capturing vibe essence? O G. How do we And that's not the noise that made what that's it? Thank you? I've forgotten what the noise? How do we get that in a container?
Speaker 3: That's what we need, like a dustbuster or vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 2: Let's call that Plan B. It's one of those old fashioned hoovers. And then you need to get ready tomorrow morning. You're down there at the g capturing the G okay tomorrow morning. Then we load it into a container. Then it goes to Brisbane a sap.
Speaker 3: Getting as close as I can. I'll have to be scientific with it, you know, lab coat goggles. Yeah, themancy dress, it needs to be a bit more. It's not a radio I mean yeah, just tell them you're wearing that.
Speaker 2: Fine. We need the sealed air type container. Can anyone's help us out here? It's very important. We need to save the Grand Final. We need to capture the G and by the way, team look at me now, I'm serious about this, okay. We need to capture the G.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I want to try and capture the G, capture the essence, the atmosphere of the G in a container. Ship it to the Gabba where we're going to do it. We need to find a listener in Brisbane who we can transport it to. We need an address, don't we And then they will open up the container and release the atmosphere that unique atmosphere of the MCG into the Gabba.
Speaker 3: And then hopefully on Grand Final day we hear Bruce mcavani commentating and he goes, he closes his eyes and goes, I feel like I'm at the MCG.
Speaker 2: I know I'm not. I can see I'm at the Gabba, But spooky, how have they done that? And only we will know? So obviously we need a lot of things to happen and very quickly. Now have you found me an air tight container? Someone has suggested this text in saying a thermos flask again, let's call that plank k.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can't just get something off the shelf. We need something scientific and really really good. I found sealed Air Australia.
Speaker 2: Who knew such an organization? What's the demand for sealing air and getting it elsewhere? It seems to be around us all the time.
Speaker 3: What do they do well? They make us sealed air products and this is their mission statement. We don't just sell products. Instead, we are a knowledge based provider backed by thousands of scientists, engineers, equipment.
Speaker 2: All right, Bobby big bulls. I mean that's a lot big claim, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Show Bown't it dedicated to delivering tailored solutions for our customers, so I can put in a quote for them, and it's got a drop down menu of do we need food safety packaging solutions, no medical applications, no protective packaging solutions.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what we really need. Can't hen the vibe yea. It needs to be strapped down in whatever transport we transport it in as well to Brisbane as well. You can't have it being bruised the air. It needs to be kept upright.
Speaker 3: I would love an expert from Sealed Air Australia. They're only out near the airport to call in and tell us how we seal that.
Speaker 2: Does anyone work for Sealed Air Australia. I know you're backed by thousands of those scientists and egg EDGs out that lab out there. Okay, take time away from the microscope and the electrons, okay, and give us a call. The nine four four one oh four three producer Tom has just handed me this that he's fist found how to get the airtight contender to Brisbane once we've captured the g The essence via courier. A thirty two liters volume container will cost us about three hundred dollars express delivery.
Speaker 3: Thirty two lads. I imagine we were doing a little sandwich box.
Speaker 2: How big?
Speaker 3: How much atmosphere are we catching him?
Speaker 2: Well, I would thinking something like that, all right, a big suitcase size of atmosphere case atmosphere. Okay, totally that's a technical thing, but then I don't work for air Tight Australia. The other thing is, you know who's supposed to be coming in every Friday. Foot He's got to be down there with you. How many Grand finals has he played in? Two three?
Speaker 3: He won the two thousand and eight Grand Final and then retired.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about. So he needs to be down there with his medals. He must still have his little medals in his a bit patch has gone a little medals for by the way, being the little medals.
Speaker 1: Down, Crawf.
Speaker 2: Bring his medal down, his grand final medal. He's got to be there with you assisting in a lab coat.
Speaker 3: He can use the metal to scoop the atmosphere into the bucket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, I don't know. We also need to find an extra an extra large lab coat. He's got that strong barrel chess Crawf, isn't he like a Romanian strong man, so we also need that as well. Ken, you help us get air the MCG, capturing the g all the way to Brisbane and anything that's really important. We need a listener in Brisbane or do you know family there who we can trust.
Speaker 1: Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So we're trying to capture the essence of the MCG in a container and then transport it to Brisbane and hopefully rely on if we've got a listener who listened to us in Brisbane or you've got family members there who we can trust. They then take hold of it, drive it to the Gabba, release it into the Gabba. So there is some of the unique essence and atmosphere. We've captured the g to release it into the Gabba. But at the moment we're trying to wait for airtime. What's the least with airtar Australia.
Speaker 3: By the way, you haven't heard from Selda or Australia. But I have got this. They found it in the radio station a dustbuster. If we get desperate, we can use that.
Speaker 2: Susanne is listening right now in Beautiful Blowy or altona foreshow. She said Christian, we all know the ultimate seal container is good old tupperware.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the biggest tup ofware we can get?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean what, how's the what's the biggest one they go to?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 2: They do stuff like cakes or because how many leasons when we like a tublewear thing that they put cake in or something like that.
Speaker 3: Well you wanted suitcase size atmosphere caption.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure if tublewear guns up there, I've not seen that in colds or wols a suitcase tuperware, then there's any demand for that? Many? Who's made that many? Leftovers?
Speaker 3: How much soup?
Speaker 2: Do you have?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Before we go any further in today's time, waste to two things. One, I'm concerned Jack that the team out there, the producers, are not taking this seriously enough. I've just said to them, where are we with the airtight container? Don't worry about show stuff. This is show stuff. Drop everything, drop everything, do nothing for the show. All the business here. Okay, this is everything we've got going on right now. If you just tuned in, here's the situation's breaking. We're trying to capture the atmosphere, the oxygen of the g Suck it into an air time container, transport it to Brisbane, have someone up there take it to the Gabba. Release the atmosphere of the g into the Gabba ahead of the Grand Final.
Speaker 3: Yep, the golf square is not enough enough.
Speaker 2: Anyway, We've got a scientist, you know, doctor Dominique Appadou. He's written in yeh, senior scientist with the Australian sinkatron.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: Am? Can someone google the Australian sink crowtron sinkatron? Anyway, let's go back to doctor Appadu, Christian. In order to capture a good amount of air, you will need either of vacuum pump. There'll be loads of like pool boys have got those vacuum pumps right now. You know they're not using it.
Speaker 3: You don't want one of those those pool creepers.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no not then they got sometimes they have to suck out the water, don't they or something they've never seen that. Yeah, I might have made that set bit of science up anyway, if it doesn't exist, invent it now, scientists.
Speaker 3: But they sucked the water out of the pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you think fire crews do that. Well, they suck the water and of a pond sometime when they run out of the leaders on the back of the truck.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Anyway back to Dr Rappado. So we've got the vacuum pumpies mentioned that and a vacuum type chamber. This is what scientists said.
Speaker 3: We were thinking container, we need chamber.
Speaker 2: Harry Potter chambery. Yes, he's suggesting we contact the physics department at the University of Melbourne. Yeah, they're going to love here in that call. Yeah, is a professor there. It's a morning show, it's a breakfast show. Or dry ice or normal ice and an air tight container. Why is he saying container?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: It's a chamber earlier or a bottle in the latter case places contain it in a lot of ice for ten minutes or so. This will create a small vacuum. Then open it, open the container, let the air in. THENO is it a s A p Good luck cheers Dom.
Speaker 3: We need the good doctor on site.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's too many different sequences that have to happen here and team out there. They just show me a box that we dump all our recycling paper into that they get rid of said we could just use this. No team, take this seriously. Sadly, the shifting off focus to capture the g has meant that today's time waste.
Speaker 5: Sir.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say scraping the barrel, but I've asked them to move on to something else.
Speaker 5: It means that.
Speaker 2: Today's time waste. Sort of grouchy movies. Why because it's Oscar the Grouch's birthday today. Happy birthday, Oscar the Grouch. Okay, so we're looking for grouchy movies. What about the Island of dr Morose Islands? Thank you, Lord of the Movie Rings, Bronze, Nightmare Deservedly, Nightmare on Mare Street. Freddie's like, whatever, h Bronze, ten thousand things I hate about your stupid face, Guy, Grouchy, clever grouchy, you know, just asking grouchy. It's not clever. Movie sticks the box. I guess silver Gorillas in the Pessimist. Oh he's a pessimistic today, pessimist. Thank you, Cold Shoulder Mountain. I'm not talking to you this mountain. I pulled it back. I pulled it back out the nose time and look who's talking to the hands gold Okay, thank you, all right, Jack, what have you got for grouchy movies?
Speaker 3: There's something up with Mary?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, real today Mary is gold.
Speaker 3: Fast and the shortfusiasts.
Speaker 2: Oh that's very good as well, another gold I think the mullets made it funnier.
Speaker 3: Thank you, full metal Cracket.
Speaker 2: No, and we've lost it back down to Bronze where he lives.
Speaker 3: And we all remember the film Six Days, Seven Nights with Anne Haitian Harrison Ford No, six Days seven Fights?
Speaker 2: All right, what have you got for grouchy movies?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We will come back in a moment. We're going to circle back to capturing the g I've had another email from a senior scientist, Dr Dom live from the Sinkatron. Jack and I have also just been reading up on the amazing goings on and what exactly is the Sinkatron? Before that, then today's time waster is grouchy movies. This screams distracted show. Okay, service has been affected. All right, grouchy movies because today is Oscar the Groucher's Birthday menu, Glare at Goats, silver Man, drive you a South Miss Daisy Silver Plus, it's grouchy. That's a goal.
Speaker 3: Silver plus is still a great score.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry Dale Pulp Friction, the natty procrastinator. I don't know whether to be a professor today. No country for grumpy old men. Silver, who cares about saving private Ryan?
Speaker 3: Silver?
Speaker 2: The shirty doesn't Silver plus John, I really hated what you did Summer Silver plus black Hawk frown Gold, Yeah, there we go. We found it, Stephen, Dude, where's my care factor here? Gold Scotchy, well done, Stroppy Gilmore Silver, petty Woman Gold, that's smart. Legends of the Brawl Branz Love actually sucks. Ah, it just sucks. Silver, some kirsty crappy Gilmore, Silver plus, Grouchy Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Gold, There we go, grown alone Silver, me myself an irate silver grouchhog Day Gold Wingy in the willows. Gold, you better be gone in sixty seconds.
Speaker 3: Gold, Last morning.
Speaker 2: They're getting better. I'm getting annoyed. Gold, There we go, last one. Very funny, Thank you very much. Today's grouchy movies.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell shows.
Speaker 2: Moment the show wraps, we are going into an urgent death con show one meeting to talk about capture the g Here's where we are. I'm trying to capture the essence the atmosphere, that unique specialness of the MCG in a container. Ship it to the gabba. Have one of our people up there. We haven't got any people yet, but we'll find them in the next couple of days. That will open up that unique essence of the MCG release it into the gabba. Obviously a lot of things need to happen before we do that, but we are going to do this, Christian, and this is for me, and to capture the air the MCG. Take a container that can be sealed at the MCG, fed it with water, then empty it. The air that is drawn then will be pure MCG air and not the air that was already in the container. Smart seal the container, ship it to the gabba, unseal the container at the gabba, fill it again with water, which will expel that pure, beautiful MCG air. Ian, that's a great thing. Now we've had an email from a senior scientist at the syncotron. Now, Jack and Ivey really honest here, didn't know what the sinncatron was, and maybe you will do. I don't know. This is something very proud of.
Speaker 3: Apparently in Clayton we have the largest particle accelerator in this southern hemisphere. It's built in two thousand and seven. We all know what a light source particle accelerator does, but just for those who don't know, I'll recap. It uses particle acce trons to produce a beam of high energy electrons that are boosted to nearly the speed of light and directed into a storage ring where they circulate for many hours.
Speaker 2: So they've got a storage ring. If we can get a storage container, if they're putting all that energy into boxes, they other people we need to talk to. You probably know that in two thousand and six there were Synchatron project reach a major milestone when they achieved first light. I do remember that now, Yes I didn't perform, Yes, I think it was on Gavin Millers on this day in history. It's out there at Clayton. It's next to Monash University.
Speaker 3: What's the thing he said about the Sun?
Speaker 2: It's a million times this sinkatron the energy they're making over there in Clayton, right, it's a million times brighter than the Sun. I'm concerned that one of the senior scientists there is listening to this show. It could be trying to listen out for with a note pad, you know, like at Chernobyl there's red buttons going everywhere. Sinkatron overload and he's going, what's the song today? Forgive me a break? You know, by the way, Dr Domus Freedom, nighty George Michael, Okay, focus man, focus Syncatron people. Anyway, Dr Doma's email back. He's on board, right, he is down or what we're doing, Christian. I could offer assistance, but due to a I would need a permit to go and get my lab coat and grab the required apparatus. You will need to do this correctly. I'd also need permission to take the apparatus out of this lab. I guess now we know we're up to it's you know, he just wander out with a load of gear.
Speaker 3: Yep, and we need that apparatus. When we were talking about containers before, that's entry level stuff. Apparatus is higher level science.
Speaker 2: Now, dodr Don who listens to a show senior scientists at the older Sincatron. If you want to persist, I guess that's what scientists say. It means carry on if you if you want to persist with this solution, I very much do you need to contact my big boss. They've always got someone like a pharmacist. Yep, there's always that big one who's higher up.
Speaker 3: And that's the same thing at the Sincatron.
Speaker 2: He's like in an umpire's chair, you know. At tennis, he's really high up. That's the big boss there, Professor Andrew Peel. I guess he's known as Peelo when we call him. That's who we need to speak to today, asking if we can borrow his man and some of the equipment.
Speaker 3: We need to appeal to Peel.
Speaker 2: You've got it, okay, nice science based joke.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: So that's where we are right now. We've got important work ahead of us. We'll be back with more information tomorrow. We will capture the g
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast