Speaker 1: Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hello, Hi guys, Hi guys. You know what, I'm so happy to be here today, and that is because no, no, no, I'm extra happy. And that's because I have fallen so far down the pecking order in my household after having a few days away before I was my children Marleya Laula's favorite parent.
Speaker 3: There's always a favorite parent, and it was me.
Speaker 4: Is that confirmed?
Speaker 3: Hundred percent? But you know who the favorite parent is.
Speaker 2: The favorite parent is the one who the kids want, like, get mum, let mom, get me out of the car seat. It's the one who they want Mum to dress. It's the one who they want, you know, whatever, the parent is that they pick for each thing. That's the favorite parent.
Speaker 4: And that can be when you're not.
Speaker 2: Can be annoying when you are the favorite parent, but it hurts when you're not the favorite parent. And right now it's dad everything, and I am devastated inside, Laura.
Speaker 4: I feel like I would rather be not the favorite parents because you get off the hook. You don't have to do all the stuff.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh they want you now, Britte.
Speaker 2: You say that, and that's what every single parent who is the favorite parent thinks until you drop down the pecking order and you become not the favorite anymore. And I'm telling you it hurts so much. Today they didn't want me to drive them to daycare today. They didn't want me to get them breakfast today, they didn't want to give me a cuddle to leave the house. And I was like, what did I do except birth you? I've done everything for you.
Speaker 4: Now you don't want me just to see us?
Speaker 3: So now I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 4: Wow, low hanging fruit?
Speaker 3: Can you guys love me? Can I connect?
Speaker 1: You're my favorite?
Speaker 3: Can you choose me?
Speaker 1: Laura? You're my favorite? Today? What see?
Speaker 3: I told you it hurts when you fall down the order for it.
Speaker 5: I'm done, I'm out, all right? Well on the show today? It turns out the moment we've all been waiting for, the verdict is in. How often do you guys wash your sheets?
Speaker 1: Do you do? You know your your actually should say your towels.
Speaker 3: And your bathroom my towels, okay, every two us.
Speaker 1: Absolutely wrong, twice a day, incorrect.
Speaker 5: The official amount of times you gotta wash your towels is in, and I think it's going to shock the nation.
Speaker 1: I think this is going to help a lot of people. Yeah, okay, all right, we'll tell you all about it.
Speaker 5: Coming up the pick Up Wednesday afternoon thanks to Chemist's Warehouse, heading today great savings every day. It's the Pickup Wednesday afternoon with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemist's Warehouse, they want to give you a free doctor's consolet download the instant consolet app today, Go get it, save this coupon code, write it down CW free to claim your first doctor's consult.
Speaker 1: Free so it can be all right now.
Speaker 5: I think mums and dads in the car listening at this time, we're going to really love this information.
Speaker 1: Finally we have an answer. How often should you be washing your towels from your bathroom?
Speaker 3: I feel like them.
Speaker 2: All I do, Mitch is wash towels and sheets and kids clothes.
Speaker 1: Yeah day, I feel like, Well my mom does is wash my towels and my bed.
Speaker 4: I thought this was going to be the most dramatic, eye opening survey, but you like what came first, the chicken or the egg, but it was who washes whose town? Well it might be for you because I think you might need to start watching them more frequently.
Speaker 1: Here's the question.
Speaker 5: It's just going super viral, and I thought you guys would be great because we have three very different people. We've got a single gay guy who lives with his parents. We've got a mum of two children, and then we've got just Britney Hockley, who lives alone.
Speaker 2: With a dog, a dog who molds Delilah. Britney's dog molts more than anything you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: She does not.
Speaker 3: There is plumes of dog hair floating around your house.
Speaker 1: It's like the wild rest.
Speaker 5: You go to Britain's house, like a Western there's just like tumbleweeds rolling through the whole way. How often, Laura, do you wash your towels in your bedroom at the bathroom?
Speaker 2: So the towels that I use that I wash myself with, they get washed every day, so the same you never even have toilet paper.
Speaker 3: There's no way you're washing every day.
Speaker 2: My biggest pet hate is using a towel that's not completely dry, so I always have to use but they don't dry in time, so they're always still a bit damp. So all towels get washed eve an evening for the next day and we use fresh towels. It's so unenviral mentally, it goes friendly like it's awful. I washed towels every single day, all right, Britt, I'll probably be every couple of days, three days.
Speaker 1: I recommends a weekly rotation. This is what is going viral. The official results are in and.
Speaker 5: You should be washing your towels once every three days. I win, Brit wins. It's once every three.
Speaker 3: Days, but here three days.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: So this is Nicole, Nicole Gibson's everyone knows. She's called the laundry queen in Australia. Laura is so defensive.
Speaker 3: But on that thing, but you.
Speaker 1: Wash, it's a clean button.
Speaker 3: It's still this is still a bomb.
Speaker 2: It's still a backside. You don't dry your bumble, just dry the outside of my but cheek.
Speaker 3: You don't dry your bum cracks.
Speaker 1: Day.
Speaker 4: It's not guys, it's just the standard. Okay, I am shook it that you guys will use that and then you'll dry your face with it again the next day, and then your backside and then you.
Speaker 3: Let me get out.
Speaker 5: You're Karen today, just today. Once every three days. However, if you shower twice a day, morning and night, doctor Nicole has said there is more bacteria on the towels.
Speaker 1: So you should do it every twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: Than if you shower twice a day, it has to be twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: So my idea is actually brilliant. Two towels on rotation very three days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: Another another you want more hygiene facts.
Speaker 3: I want to know, I want to know bed sheets.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't have those facts for you, Laura.
Speaker 5: I've just got what I've got to be honest with you.
Speaker 1: You have to know, well the price of petrol, and I don't have that. Washing your under arms, right, how do you wash your under arms? You get a bit of soap, You just go underneath left right, left right, done? Yes, yeah, I mean yeah, how else do you watch? Incorrect? It is so full of bacteria and deodoran under there that if you are not washing, unless you're washing with antibacterial soap for thirty seconds each pit, you still have months worth of baked on dioda and under your little bit.
Speaker 4: That explains a lot.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever washed my underarms. Then I literally just wash with a bit of soap and then hop out.
Speaker 1: You've got December's deodorant on this bill.
Speaker 4: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Butritt, how do you wash under your arms?
Speaker 4: Oh? I get a loafer and I shut up.
Speaker 1: It's got a gurny.
Speaker 4: You've got a high pressure outdoor pavement hose.
Speaker 1: So just go clean yourself. Now the facts are out there Australia. Just look after yourself. Don't be like I don't reckon.
Speaker 4: That's anyone out there that's doing thirty second a.
Speaker 2: Pit, literally, no one. It's more than what you know, isn't it? Twenty seconds on hands? You see happy birthday and then your hands are fully.
Speaker 4: Washed, hands are thirty seconds to a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you Sico, you're full of germ. But I have really clean towels, so it's scret.
Speaker 1: You all all right?
Speaker 4: Everyone?
Speaker 5: Next on the pick Up thirteen one o six five, we need you to call the show. What have you done without telling your partner? Or what are you hiding from your partner? That's what we want, yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what are you keeping from your partner? There's little light lies? Or what have you done without telling them? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Thirteen one oh six five will take your calls.
Speaker 5: Next on the pick Up, It's the pick Up Wednesday afternoon with Britt, Laura and Mitch heat into chemists warehouse today.
Speaker 1: Great savings every day.
Speaker 2: All right, Now, I know that in relationships it's okay. I think to have some little secrets, and I know it mean big secrets. I mean like a couple of little things that you keep to yourself, because we're all entitled to bit of privacy, even if you're in a long term, beautiful, loving relationship.
Speaker 4: You mean like that time, Laura that I told my partner Ben that I was a really good cook, but he found out I was just taking pictures of other people's Hello fresh Yeah, fine, brick.
Speaker 2: Like a little a little bit of a little white lie is okay, And you know something that's not going to impact your partner too terribly.
Speaker 3: I think that there are some things that you can keep to yourself.
Speaker 4: Why are you been lying about, Laura?
Speaker 2: Well, now, no, to look, it wasn't me. But there is a man who recently made a very very big decision in his relationship without consulting his wife, and now he cannot, for the life of him, understand why his wife is so annoyed and frustrated by this. When they came together, this man and wife, they had quite a lot of money individually, both of them were extremely well off, had a lot of assets, so they made the decision to sign a very aggressive prenup that would protect both of their assets. Now, and I'm saying that this is quite equal in terms of the wife had a lot of her own money and that she wanted to protect, and so did the husband. Now, one of those assets is the family home that they live in, but it is owned by the husband. He has one hundred percent of that asset and that's what the prenup says, and they're fine with that.
Speaker 3: But he made the.
Speaker 2: Decision to sell the house and didn't tell his wife until after it had been sold.
Speaker 3: So they're going through this settlement period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, settlement period, and he was like, Hey, just letting you know, I've sold the house. We're going to have to move out in the next couple of months.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: The reason why this is blown up, it's all across Reddit at the moment, is because the comment section of this is almost unbelievable, So it's very divided. Some people have the opinion of like, well, if it's his asset, they signed a prenup, that's how they view their money, then well he can do whatever he wants with it no, and he can make that decision. He still has an apartment there that they can both live in and spend time in. And then the other half of the people and Reddit are like, absolutely no, you can't make big life decisions without consulting your partner.
Speaker 4: Look, Laura, if he owned a property separately that they didn't live in, anyone to sell it and he decided to sell it, and then he was like, hey, I sold that property. That's one thing. Still not ideal, but like, this directly affects the wife. She lives it's her home.
Speaker 2: She lives in the property, but it's not her home because she signed a prenup to say it's not herb but it.
Speaker 4: Is her home. She doesn't have to own it to be a home. She lives in that property. That is her place of residence. It is her home. You can't just uproat your wife and say hey, ps, we're moving. It's not a decision you make on your own when you're in a committed relationship.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the whole thing is absolutely wild. I totally agree with you, Britt, but I think it is an interesting one because she still gets four months notice.
Speaker 3: The settlement period is a long settlement.
Speaker 2: She's still being told that there's plenty of time to pack your staff.
Speaker 3: You know, Tie off ends and.
Speaker 5: This it's his asset. I think it's totally fine. He can do what he wants. He owns it, and she knew what.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not a lack of as it's no big deal. Also, they're moving out as long as she gets to trinkets and spouses from the spice rack.
Speaker 4: What if you sold it fully furnished.
Speaker 2: That's if you can't take your trinkets, it's too fash. My big thing about this is that this has nothing to do with the assets or the money part of it.
Speaker 3: This is all to do with communication.
Speaker 2: I think it's a way bigger red flag that someone's making these big life decisions in a relationship without speaking to their partner about it.
Speaker 4: And I also can't see that it's a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I want to know what is it that you have done in your relationship where you have hidden it from your partner and you know, maybe they never found out, or maybe they did, but it was way past the point that they should have.
Speaker 5: Well, Lisa on thirteen one O sixty five, what happened if you're still hiding something from your partner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that I got killers.
Speaker 4: Oh I think that's fine.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, so you when got it when you were together or you had it from before and then just didn't tell them.
Speaker 6: When we were together, we always joke about with people that we didn't like clip sawas and stuff, but Ioways was self conscious about my list. So he went away from work and the day after he left, I was like, I.
Speaker 1: Got some birthday cash.
Speaker 6: Cull side, I went off and got some done.
Speaker 1: Yet did he just think you had a perpetual allergic reaction since he got back from the.
Speaker 6: Truth, No, because when he came back, it had all settled down and we had like a sting bit of bruising. So by the time he got back from work, all said, they looked like supernatural and just I don't know, normal, like they went over the top or anything. He's not noticed, he's not said anything.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I just don't think you have to tell your partner if you do that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, what what if you went and got like a pot botox and then you had a frown and I just thought you were constantly mad at them for no real No one.
Speaker 4: Of my exits always used to tell me. He's like, you don't need botox, and I was like, that's because I got it.
Speaker 5: I am, but I'm thirteen one, I sixty five high. What are you hiding from your partner or what did you hide?
Speaker 4: I sent three thousand, five hundred dollars on a puppy? Wait?
Speaker 3: How did you hide the puppy?
Speaker 1: We because it down before the puppy was obviously due to come home.
Speaker 4: And then we organized for my oldest sisters to go and pick the.
Speaker 6: Poppy up, and then my parents drop the puppy off to my house. I know about it for about three weeks before the puffy came home.
Speaker 1: He treats this dog just as well as he treats our three kids.
Speaker 2: You know, they say, all's well, that ends well? Yeah, I said that, Well didn't I?
Speaker 4: You know what they say?
Speaker 1: Laura? What did they say?
Speaker 3: Falls half from the tree?
Speaker 1: Laura doesn't? All right?
Speaker 5: Next on the show For those who don't know, I've been house sitting BRIT's house for the last fortnight.
Speaker 4: Yes, s Mitch, you have, yeah, and I don't know how well you sat said house.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know how well you house because there are some things that I found in the house that I think are going to shock you.
Speaker 3: Laura, I am already shocked by this conversation.
Speaker 4: I think maybe I have to review each other.
Speaker 1: All right, so I will next I will well, I will well see that.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: It is the pick up with Britt Laura and Mitch.
Speaker 5: Wednesday are the Thanks to Chemic Square House, they want to give you a free doctor's consult. Download the instant console app today save the coupon code c W free. That's what it's the one c W free to claim your first consulet free.
Speaker 4: So I went away for a little bit and being the ridiculously generous, lovely kind friend that I am, and the fact that Mitch Cheri still lives with his parents, I said to Mitch, hey, why don't you get a little bit of space and hou sit my house. You can have my hero I not all heroes were capes. I know I can wear pink T shirts. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms all his. And I was like, and would you like that? You said yes?
Speaker 5: I said yeah, because I'm living with my mum and dad. I just moved back home and I needed some space to myself. I'm single for the first time. In a long time, and you offered I didn't even ask, and I said yes, yep.
Speaker 4: And then I realized, after seeing some of your updates in your stories, that you are assuming my identity and tried to take over my entire life.
Speaker 2: I think for it, that just got a real extreme, real fast, really fun. I mean, what was he running around in your house wearing all your clothes?
Speaker 5: Can I just say hold on, sorry, britt house sitting implies that I'm living in your house.
Speaker 1: No, I am just going to assume some of the roles of Britney Hockley.
Speaker 4: I see Mitch Mitch's social media stories, right. I told Mitch I've given you the spare bedroom, all the sheets and bedding and new pillows in their comforters, everything he could need. Then I start to see Mitch putting some stories up on his Instagram, and I'm like, interesting, I have these like really big comfy, oversized jacket. It was Ben's. I see Mitch wearing the jacket. He was wearing the jacket as he was walking to my local cafe. He was living my life dry Selfie's in my car roof down. I've got like a little glass room. He fully took over my life.
Speaker 3: Who said I.
Speaker 1: Could drive your car? You left your keys in the bowl at the front door.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think it's okay. Obviously you did some of the things that you would do if you're staying in someone's house. But when someone says, hey, can you house sit for me, they don't mean can you wear my clothes, mitch.
Speaker 3: They don't mean can you sleep in my.
Speaker 2: Bed, especially if they've laid out bedding in the other room, toilet rolls.
Speaker 4: All empty everywhere. Fun and can I say nothing wrong? But they actually both toilets, meaning he didn't stick to his one toilet that he was given. He used both little.
Speaker 2: And he was sleeping in its beds and you had to go to the on suite not the other one.
Speaker 4: And then I opened the pantry. I've never seen anyone do this my life. He's got like whole bags of biscuits taking them out of There's no glad wrap on them, there's no packet, there's nothing, and they're just sitting open, stale all through the pantry. I could have reached in onto the desk and just taking biscuits.
Speaker 1: They were just they were water crackers.
Speaker 5: I had a couple of cheese boards and I put the crackers on the cabinet and I forgot about them, and I just didn't have any bags for them.
Speaker 1: Where the glad rap was their house is confusing.
Speaker 4: Then there was an apple in the fridge. One bite put back. Then don periyong, very expensive, very old wine.
Speaker 3: It is a vintage. They are all vintage.
Speaker 4: Where where did my wine go? Mit multiple bottles of wine?
Speaker 1: I drunk it. That was the prize cupboard.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 5: It said to the pickup team, happy congrats on the new show, Enjoy, and I just thought, well, I'm going to pick I'm gonna drink that's.
Speaker 4: The rice cuppoared it is my alcohol collection.
Speaker 1: Now there were pr gift sent to brit It's all chucked away in this cupboard.
Speaker 4: Furniture moved. Furniture moved. Now, I know you've been having some sweet sweet love and in that house you've been having some sweet sweet dates. Because there are candles. You know how some kennels are just on show. They're all used, they're all black, they're all over the house.
Speaker 2: You can't light someone's candle, nitch, Do we get the acoirirs out and light a new one.
Speaker 5: I put candles in brids room because the overhead lighting. Oh god, no, I just know. I did sleep in your bed, yes, And then I had a couple of dates at your house, so I invited some gentleman order and the overhead lighting in your room is too harsh. So I had to go get candles and I had to light them around your room, and I did, and I enjoyed it. Okay, I had a really fun time.
Speaker 4: How are you enjoying it since you've been back, Well, there's furniture that's been moved as well. So the furnishure was moved wasn't put back. You must have had a little outdoor party because all that was moved back.
Speaker 1: I did had a cheese platter with about six friends.
Speaker 4: I've had a complaint from the neighbor, which was also great. They said, the person that's just moved in has been parking in parks they're not supposed to part.
Speaker 1: I had a fight with the next time, but she's a right cow. She was awful to me.
Speaker 5: She put a sticker on my windshields said do not park you and I said, do not touch my property. And then she said this is my parking spot. And I said, I'm very sorry, you're never going to get invited back.
Speaker 2: Also, though, if you've been parking in someone else's car park, because this is like it's it's very elite trying to find a car park around this area, like it is a real issue and people hold on to it like it is their prized pe. Yeah, and if you have been doing that, all that that's going to translate to is that brit has and is a terrible neighbor.
Speaker 4: You are now the terrible neighbor reflecting on me.
Speaker 5: Can I just say the best part of all this is she thought I slept in the spare room. I just went in and got the sheets and ruffled them up a bit and like put the pillow on the floor, and so she thought I slept in that.
Speaker 2: There is no part of brit that thinks you slept in the spare bedroom. Also the fact that some of your underwear was still left in bridge bedroom and it was really proven, yes it was that you didn't follow any of the rules and no one has been surprised having me.
Speaker 4: Just to really knuckle down on this. The underwear wasn't clean.
Speaker 1: Okay, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: I still can't work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not a medium that should have been a dead giveaway from the start. All right, let's go. We're done.
Speaker 1: Have you missed any of the Show You Can podcast that we were talking about the and this is groundbreaking science. How often you should wash your towels in your bathroom.
Speaker 2: And you're all a bunch of dirty people if you don't watch them frequently enough.
Speaker 3: Every single day.
Speaker 1: It's on the podcast. Go to listen and we'll see tomorrow. Everyone for Thursdays.
Speaker 4: See you guys, have a good afternoon.