Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Amy Torber and coming up. On today's show, Olivia Rodgers reveals shocking revelations about her marriage. Andre Ribello is sentenced to life in prison. Sarah's Day's quest for the Ultimate Yummy Mummy car continues, and our Friday debrief. But first, it appears that Attis Paul is an Outspoken listener. Oh my god, my stomach absolutely dropped when we got a DM from a follower who said, Addis Paul has mentioned you in his statement and there are a lot of slides to get through in this statement. Oh I was flicking through. I'm like, oh my god, what did he say? On the thirteenth slide of his Instagram statement, he was claiming that Mikhayla was doing stuff without the family's knowledge, and he wrote or recently, when the Outspoken podcast talked about how she personally threatened to sue them when they covered the topic, something else we learn after she had done it. Now, we are absolutely raring to talk about this, but we are going to have some self control and do it on Tuesday, because everything is still coming out. There's so much back and forth going on, and we want to have time to cover it properly. I loved how many people were saying on TikTok that they couldn't sleep because there were just new videos coming out every minute. Oh well, we were at family dinner when it first broke, and our dad had no idea what was going on. We're all huddled around the phone listening to Anna Pol's statement. I saw a TikTok and it was like, spare thought for all the boyfriends right now that are lying in bed next to their girlfriend listening to this twenty six minute video. Well, I was about to hop into bed at around ten to twelve, and then Mikayla Testa uploaded her video and I saw I said part one and I was like, no, I need to go to bed. What se of control? Andre Ribello has been sentenced to life in prison after being found guilty of murdering his mother for her life insurance. The twenty nine year old will spend at least twenty five years in prison after a jury found him guilty following an eight week trial. Now, the reason we have covered this story in depth is because Andre is the former boyfriend of Perth influencer Grace Episcopo, and the couple were in a relationship at the time of his arrest and they share a son together. So as a quick summary, Rebello killed his fifty eight year old mother, Colleen, in her home in twenty twenty, after taking out three life insurance policies in her name and forging her will. Even though we've discussed this in so much detail, when I saw the sentence handed down, I think the gravity of this case really hit me. To think that somebody would kill their own mother for money. It's really disturbing. I mean, I was pleasantly surprised to see that he got life in prison, because there's been a few instances where people have not got correct sentences. I think this is correct well. In the sentencing hearing, Supreme Court Justice Bruno Financeqez said, you killed her for financial motive. It was a premeditated offense, a monstrous act that was integral to a fraudulent scheme which you intended to profit from life insurance policies taken out by you. It was an incomprehensible betrayal of the person who brought you into this world. A devoted mother to her children and devoted grandmother to her only grandchild. That's their very strong words. I got shivers when you're reading it out, and I think it's because, unfortunately, because Andre is connected to Gracie Piscopo, this whole case had a bit of a glamorous aura about it. It was like, oh my gosh, this influencer's boyfriend who's a killer. We're actually forgetting that this was a real woman, it was his mother. I mean, it's just incomprehensible. I think another big distraction as well was this focus on influencers lives not being as real as they portray online because there was a lot of focus on Andre and Gracie's financials.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, as we mentioned before, despite presenting this very glamorous lifestyle online, it appears in twenty twenty, like a lot of people, they were financially struggling with the pandemic. And I think that's why I was quite shocked to see the way Gracie Piscopo actually responded to this news. So a day after the sentencing, she shared are real and the caption said healing and moving on. Alongside those sentiments was a video montage of her life over the last couple of months, and the clips were mostly happy moments with her and her six year old son, who she shares with Rebello, alongside a vision of her with her new boyfriend and the three of them have been holidaying in Bali, and all of the vision was really aesthetically pleasing. It was them in this paradise, enjoying this holiday, and in the middle of it there was vision of her crying. But to me, I was just shocked that after all of these accusations have been made against Rebello and how he killed his mother to get this life insurance so he could continue to finance this lavish lifestyle, that that's how you would choose to respond following his CENTI it is a bit odd, But I do feel for Gracie because she has copped it during this court case, like she's not on trial for anything, but her face has been splashed everywhere over the media. There's been a lot of discussion about her online as well, so I think she has had a rough time. But I personally would have shared maybe something about Andre's mother. I mean, they were obviously close. It seems a bit odd to share as he said such a glamorous reel. Yeah. Well, the real had a backing song which was this. It was a really odd song choice because at first I was like, is this dedicated to Andre? But then when a new boyfriend featured, I was like, oh, okay, it's about her son, saying that she is still happy that she had her son with him and she's where she's meant to be now in this new relationship. I also think it was clear from this video that she is really trying to distance herself from Andre. She has amped up the PDA with her new boyfriend online. That would be very difficult for her knowing that her son is one day going to grow up and realize what his father did. Yeah, and I mean, as we mentioned in the intro, he is going to have a minimum of twenty five years in jail, so by the time he is eligible for parole, he'll be in his fifties. I already own a range Rover Sport, but it's a five seater, and now that I have three boys, I need a bigger car. Sarah's Day's quest for the ultimate yummy mummy car has continued. The self confessed holistic health princess left her followers waiting six weeks for the second installment, but kay, it didn't disappoint. Yeah. This time around, Sarah and her husband Kurt Tills reviewed a seven seater Range Rover, and Sarah currently owns a five seater sports version of the car, but is looking for a bigger one now that she has three kids. Back in February, when Sarah launched this series on her social media channel, she had to put out a disclaimer prior to the video launching, reassuring her followers that she's not out of touch, but she would only be reviewing luxury family cars and the first car she ended up reviewing was the Lexus GX five point fifty, which costs around one hundred and thirty thousand dollars and at the time, she insisted the video was not sponsored, but she was purely sharing the review because her followers asked for it. And this was all a little bit fishy considering that Sarah's husband worked for Lexus last year, so he shot a campaign for the car brand as well as shooting content for Lexus's Melbourne Cup function in November twenty twenty three, What did you think about the new review? Because I personally thought it wasn't as painful as the first one. Yeah, I think the difference was that she seems genuinely interested in actually purchasing this car, so they seemed to be quite impressed with the features, rather than turning their nose up at the subpar luxury features of the Lexus. Well, they both seemed genuinely excited about some of the features of this car. There was a mini fridge. There was also TVs on the back of the sea. I mean, I want this car, and to be fair, it was a lot better than the Lexus GX, but that might be because it costs nearly double the amount. So I could not believe it when Sarah said that the car costs around three hundred and fifty thousand dollars is ridiculous. And I could tell by Kurt's reaction that you know, they actually want this car. Let's hear what they said is around three hundred and fifty k. Very different to part one the car I first reviewed.
Speaker 2: It's exceptional that it is gorgeous.
Speaker 1: It's like having the space of a van without having a van. I mean, goodness forbid that they consider a van. I did see someone say that they want Sarah to review the Kear Carnival just for shitting giggles. Following her less than favorable remarks about Lucree, I'd love to see that as well. I just think it's so ridiculous with cars, like what actually makes that car worth three hundred and fifty thousand dollars? Like if you actually look at all of the specs, I mean, what a couple of TVs on the back of the seat that you could live without. Yeah. Well, as soon as Sarah mentioned the price, I knew there was going to be a lot of backlash. So one person wrote, absolutely stunning car. I did gasp out loud and almost lost my lunch when you mentioned the price tag. I knew it was going to be dollars, but not that expensive, and another person added it makes me feel broke. Well, there was one comment that caught Sarah's eye, and it read I can't imagine spending that much money on a depreciating asset like a car now. Sarah was quick to respond, writing I'm not that kind of person that buys a car with an investment mindset. She then went on to say it's also a shame when I've been vlogging when I had two hundred dollars in my bank account, lived at my parents' house, and was at UNI wondering what I was going to do with my life. As soon as someone creates success for themselves, a handful of people won't clap and say congratulations, you did it. This handful will scream boo and state I'm unrelatable. It's okay if not every piece of content relates to you or is targeted at you. This would make the Internet an extraordinarily boring place. Now, someone else chimed in, saying not relatable content. For most people, that's seventeen point five percent of what your house is worth, and Sarah responded, Unfortunately, Renee, you can't please the masses on the internet. If I was to test drive another car that perhaps weren't similar to my current cars, others may comment that my video isn't honest or authentic, as they know what car I'm most likely to be looking at buying. I understand this car isn't an option for everyone, but I'm just documenting me test driving a bunch. It's not really that deep and if it offends you, then swipe off the bu I have ig reels swipe away. I love it. It's like no one would believe it if I actually reviewed a Keir Carnival, because I'm much more wealthier and I would have a luxury car. Look, I'm not naive. We all know Sarah's day is very wealthy, but it even surprised me that she might drop three hundred and fifty thousand dollars on a car. And I think the comment was quite fair which mentioned that this person wouldn't spend that much money on a depreciating asset like a car. She's so triggered by it. It's like this is the Internet in twenty twenty five. You put a piece of content out there and people are going to have an opinion on it. Just don't read the comment. We spoke about the reaction to Georgie Stevenson promoting her own wealth last week. Do you think that people were attacking Sarah because it doesn't really fit into her own branding to buy a car like this. Yeah. We spoke in depth about how Georgie Stevenson's personal brand aligns perfectly with her business brands, because not only does she have a wellness company, but she also has a business that promotes manifestation courses and goal setting so it makes sense for her to say I set this goal and this, whereas with Sarah's day, her brand is a little bit all over the place in terms of she started out as a fitness influencer and then she has really turned into this mummy vlogging and wanting to be relatable, and so she keeps saying it's like her yummy mummy car or whatever the inference is, and most mums wouldn't have three hundred and fifty thousand dollars to spend on a car. Yeah, because she's probably picked up a lot of followers recently because she's been sharing in a very raw manner about the issues she's been having with her son's sleep and how he's got reflux, and then they're probably like, hang on, what you can afford a three hundred fifty thousand dollars car? You're not one of us? Yeah. Well, there were some followers that jump to Sarah's defense. So one wrote, why do people get so triggered about how much someone else is willing to spend on a car? Damn, And Sarah replied. In Australia, we have this thing called tall poppy syndrome and it is so real, particularly if you're female that has built success from the ground up. I mean, there is a lot of truth to what Sarah is saying. She has got a point there now despite the negative commentary, this is a real win for Sarah's channel. So at the time of recording, the video has over a million views on Instagram and great engagement. There's been heaps of likes, particularly a lot of sendons. There's over two thousand send ons. So it doesn't surprise me because everyone will be going, oh, fuck off.
Speaker 2: Continuing on the honesty train that I'm on.
Speaker 1: Olivia Rodgers has revealed just how close she came to calling off her wedding with Justin mckeirn. In an Instagram Q and A, the former Miss Universe contestant, shared some shocking revelations about what led to her marriage breakdown. Olivia's update comes as her ex husband faces charges of stealing almost half a million dollars from his former employer to allegedly fund a very serious drug habit. Now, Kate, before we get into what Olivia had to say, can you bring us up to speed with this relationship. Yeah, So the pan met in twenty eighteen and they dated for four years before getting married in February twenty twenty two. Now, the wedding looked absolutely picture perfect, like a Pinterest board, so fans were absolutely shocked when Olivia announced the split eight months later. Since then, Olivia has been pretty vague about what caused the breakup. She did do a couple of podcast interviews where she admitted to being miserable in the relationship and said that there were a lot of big issues. However, she never went into details about what those problems were out of respect for Justin. One thing she did open up about was her IVF journey with Justin, so that journey ended up being the breaking point for their marriage, when she realized the thought of falling pregnant to him terrified her.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: On Tuesday Night, Olivia invited fans to ask her questions, and as expected, she received an influx of questions about her marriage breakdown. However, rather than ignoring them like usual, she actually decided to speak her truth in a bid to help others. Olivia wrote, my boundaries weren't being respected. There were patterns of behavior I didn't agree with, and I had to come to realize our values were not aligned. Something significant happened in the relationship a couple of days before the wedding. That was very upsetting for me. I considered calling it off, but I felt like I had too much to lose, not just for myself, but I worried about how it would impact all of my family and friends who had flown into state to be there on the day, the money they would lose, etc. I'm also an optimist, and I hope that things would improve. God, would you like to know what actually happened? Like, it's crazy to think because I was following Olivia and Justin pretty closely at this time. I remember her Hen's party. I remember the beautiful dress she wore. You actually bought me a similar bride light up headband to her. Like she was absolute bride inspo. Everyone was pinning her wedding. She had the beautiful hydrangers, she had the two dresses. Everything looked perfect. And to think that she'd been crying herself to sleep the night before the wedding and this big incident occurred just days before. It blows my mind. It really does. And after going through the stress of having a wedding before I would have said, oh, would you just call it off? But there is a lot of pressure on you, especially because a lot of Justin's family were from per Yeah, and well her family were from Adelaide. Yes, they held it in Melville so embarrassed, and there'd be so much stress leading into the day that she might have been thinking, well, maybe once we get married, things will be better. And the only person that she confided in leading into this wedding was her mom. She said that her mum was actually quite supportive if she wanted to call the wedding off. And she didn't even tell her bridesmaids because she didn't want them feeling uneasy on the day. And Olivia has gone on to say that this was a big bread flag. So if you're not willing to tell people that you're close to what's actually going on, that would be really embarrassing. I can see why she would have wanted to save face. I mean, her maid of honor is meant to be going up there and talking about their love story, and if she's got in the back of her head or Justin's been a complete dickhead, how they going to go down? Well? Yeah, And after sharing the answer to this question, Olivia jumped on her stories to add this, I'm.
Speaker 2: Feeling really vulnerable after sharing that response that I just shared. My hands are shaking, my heart is racing. I've never answered a question. I've never answered those questions like that before. So yeah, I feel vulnerable and I'm really attempted to delete it, but I'm not going to do that now.
Speaker 1: The day after Olivia shared this Q and A, she uploaded a TikTok where she shared five red flags to look out for in a relationship, and she said this.
Speaker 2: I think it's so hard to know when to get out of a relationship. And I wondered so many times over the last few years if maybe I'd seen more content of people sharing red flags in relationships and why they got out of relationships that I'm out of, paid attention to it, and called off my wedding before getting married to the wrong person.
Speaker 1: Let's go through some of these red flags that Olivia shared. So the first was if you feel more uncertain about the relationship and you spend more time questioning it than you do feeling content, that's a big one. Yeah. The second was when you think about the future with that person, you feel more uncertainty and you feel unsure about it rather than feeling excited. I mean, what's disturbing is all of the stuff that's come out about Justin recently. You can see why these red flags were popping up. Yeah, the next one was you don't feel that you can communicate properly and you don't feel seen or heard when you try to communicate with them. Number four, you feel happier when you're away from that person and you feel like you can be yourself. I actually resonate with that one from a past relationship.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Number five was if they cross your boundaries multiple times and their behaviors do not change. I find the timing of these revelations very interesting because, as we mentioned in the intro, Justin mckin is facing some very serious theft allegations. So in November, the Herald Son broke the news that Justin had been accused of stealing almost half a million dollars from his employer, Rocket Brands. So he worked as the company's head of finance of five months before getting sacked, and it's alleged that he spent the money on drugs, alcohol and gambling. And one of the allegations that got a lot of people talking was that he was apparently sleeping in the work toilets for up to four hours a day, accused of taking excessively long lunch breaks and frequently leaving the office without completing his duties. This was all whilst he was getting paid two hundred thousand dollars a year. That'd be quite nice getting to have a little nap in the toilet. So we're getting paid two hundred k now in knocked over. His boss reported the alleged theft to Victoria Police, which sparked a criminal investigation. Justin was interviewed by detectives in early November, but criminal charges have yet to be laid while the investigation continues. Well, this is going to get really messy if there are criminal charges laid, because this is when things start to get more serious and jail time could actually be an option if he was found guilty. Yeah. Well, he doesn't appear to be taking it very seriously because he has now failed to appear in court twice and it's believed that the court is set to take his failure to engage with the hearing as an acceptance of guilt. Well, that's the thing. He hasn't made any public comments about it, he hasn't denied it. Well, he's gone offline, so he died his Instagram account. Didn't he make a new one though that didn't have any followers. Yeah, Well, he ended up reappearing back on Instagram to coincide with his girlfriend Tani Leeson's pregnancy announcement, So he is expecting a child soon and it's all getting very messy. I can understand why Olivia has come out and shared these details because she has been front and center of this coverage when the news broke. I mean I really felt for her because her photos were splashed everywhere in the news articles about this. She was constantly referenced as his ex wife. And I think by Olivia coming out and condemning Justin's behavior, it really absolves her of guilt by association. Yeah, and of course, I mean she has nothing to do with this theft. She had been broken up with him for several years. But his behavior really is in stark contrast to the good girl image that she has cultivated for herself online. So I think it's a good pr move for Olivia to come out condemn his behavior and continue to distance herself from him. And I think she must feel safer to come out and talk about Justin after all of these allegations we've recently heard because a lot of people are thinking, well, he's clearly been the issue in that relationship. Yeah, it's no longer all on her because there was a time where it was like, oh, what's wrong with her? Imagine lasts very long. Let's get into a Friday debrief and I'm going to kick us off with a bit of a story time. So currently, we are undergoing some roof renovations at my house. We had a leak and we got a guy in to try and fix it. He went a little bit mia and then suddenly one day I just looked out the window and he was climbing on my roof fixing it. So he didn't knock on the door, he didn't advise Reese that he was coming over, And that's kuch scary just to see some random on your roof. Well, I was feeding Jack breakfast and I just hear this man on the roof and I'm like, I'm practical, Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's fixing it. Anyway, ended up going out the front, had a great chat to him. He's a lovely guy. Fast forward two weeks. The other day, I was sitting on the couch and out of the corner of my eye, this man is again trudging up into our front yard. Doesn't come over, it doesn't wave to me, nothing. He's holding a and then I hear him going up on the roof again. I was like, oh, okay, whatever, I'll just let him. Let him do what he needs to do. I thought he had fixed the issue, but obviously have come back. Then all of a sudden, I hear this massive crash and I see the ladder fall down, and I'm like, oh my god, the poor thing is like trapped on the roof. I better go out there and give him the ladder back. Anyway, it turns out that he's also fallen off the roof. There's blood everywhere, it's just spurting out of his leg. I'm like, are you okay, And he's like, yeahah, I'm fine. And he's Scottish, he's got the best accent. And I'm like, are you sure? And I think he was trying to be really tough. He's like, I'll go clear myself up. I've got some bandages in the car. I feel like that's such a man thing, isn't it. Just Oh No, I'm fine. I've just like, taken a huge tumble off the roof, but she'll be right. Anyway. I raced up the drive where I tried to find some bandages. I came down. He's like, are you a nurse. I'm like no, no, I just care. I'm like, did you hit your head any anyway? He's like no, I'm all good. I'll go back up there and finish what I'm doing. And I'm like, oh my god. Anyway, he went back up on the roof and then just left. See this is somebody I want to employ to put up my Christmas lights because this can do attitude. He's nearly killed himself falling off your roof, but he's ready to get the job done. Well, I've got two Friday shares for you. One is that I'm just getting to a point in pregnancy where I'm actually too embarrassed to leave the house because the comments have now started. So I had to go in to sort out my parental leave pay, my government parental leave pay. Had to go into centralingk which was just delightful. And I sat down waiting for my meeting and another man, like I was on my phone. I was you know, which is a sign don't talk to me, yeah, which is the same place don't talk to me. So there was a man that was sitting across from me in his forties, and he had taken a phone call and after he got off the phone, he looked over at me and he said, geez, your tummy's big. How far off are you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Just what you want to hear. I just was like, no, I haven't been feeling self conscious about waddling around today at all. That's just made me feel so good about myself anyway. So for some reason, I've then got starf in this like fifteen minute conversation where he told me all about his life, his two children. I was like, I'm just trying to sit on my phone and disassociate, like, please leave me alone. So, yes, the commentary is getting so bad that I'm thinking for the next couple of weeks i might just stay inside. And the other Friday share is I'm just so disappointed that Megan markles jam you cannot get it in Australia. So she finally released her as ever products. So a jar of Meghan's jam is setting people back fifteen US dollars. I was prepared to pay that, but they're only delivering to the US. Well, I quickly jumped on and the honey had already sold out, which I expected because if it's honey from their house, is that I don't know, is that what they're claiming? Then yeah, of course people are going to want to try that. And I was like, oh, the jam And then I put it in my cart just to see what the postage would be, and then I realized, yeah, it doesn't come here, it's only a US. What do you think about the flower sprinkles, because she's selling them as well. They heavily featured throughout the show fifteen US dollars. I'm not surprised by the cost of any of these. I don't think it's that bad, to be honest. There has been some debate online about whether this actually was as big of a success as Megan has been portraying online, because, as ever, the products all sold out. But people have been saying, well, did she do the typical influencer marketing thing and only release a small amount of products to say that she's sold out or was it actually a success? Well, I was half expecting her to do the thing that Molly May did in her doco and film. How many visitors were on the website and have a little freak out about it. Like I think if she had done that and we had seen the numbers, I'd be like, Okay, yeah, this was a huge success. But I think that's a bit tacky though. But she's been doing all of those things, like she's been tagging where all her clothes are from. She is an influencer now, and that's normally what influencers do. Maybe we might see it popping up as content on her Instagram soon. I think she needs to do that in order to strengthen the brand and be like, yeap, I've got a lot of power here. But the question mark is there considering these products are jam and honey. Well, it had to be a success, didn't it, because if these products had just sat on her website, the media would have had a huge field day. Yeah. Well, Megan seems to be in the habit of resharing people's stories that they tager in, so it'll be quite telling when the product rolls out to see how many people tager. Well, we're going to see this all over TikTok. I think so many people would have bought it just to do a taste test. Yeah, well, that's where we're going to leave things today. Thank you for listening to another episode about Spoken. If you do enjoy the show, we would love it if you could leave us a review. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present.