Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hear more Gold podcast playlist and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 1: Got anything, gag Hey.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast. All right, it is Friday. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show. We did this every Friday, first half hour the show. We go around the team. We call it double thumbs up. It's our Friday recommendations. Everything we're recommending. You can see it again on our socials who put up there on Instagram, also on Facebook, find The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what's it for you, mate?
Speaker 3: I've got into Little House on the Prairie.
Speaker 1: The remail life loves this show. Show at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we finished it last night.
Speaker 4: I think it's an eight episode first series and it's awesome, absolutely beautiful. Is it the one thing I will say about it. There's a couple of things, but the main thing for me is the cinematography is absolutely stunning. So it's filmed in Winnipeg in Canada, and honestly, just the way that they've set up some of the scenes and it is.
Speaker 3: Just a piece of art. Absolute It's like looking at a framed artwork.
Speaker 4: Some of the scenes. It's so beautiful. I love the seventy series as a little girl. This really is is much much deeper than that, and it's more beautiful than that. Of course, it's based on Laura Ingall's own books, A little Girl who grew up in Pioneer America, and now I actually I've never read the books.
Speaker 3: Now I want to go and read the book.
Speaker 1: He's a good looking rooster and the guy that plays.
Speaker 4: Australian, he's a thirty seven year for him, Luke Bracy. His name is Via Home and Away. I haven't seen much else. This is a real breakout role for him. He's absolutely stunning.
Speaker 1: He's a good looking guys.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful and you will love it goes far deeper into the story of Pioneer America and just land rights, things that you when you first saw the seventies series you didn't even think about this. This is beautifully made and I want to read the book. So Little House in the Prairie Number one on Netflix. The other thing.
Speaker 3: We did go and see the premiere of Mowana the other week.
Speaker 4: I really liked it. And again we've got an Australian in a lead role. So nineteen year old Katherine Leguia, who was Jay's daughter. I think one of about eight or nine kids. So acting's in her blood. Playschool, Yeah, rats, what else was he in Star Wars as well?
Speaker 3: That's rare.
Speaker 4: But she's beautiful, naturally effortless on the screen.
Speaker 3: She's going to be a big star.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the Rock Johnson in it. We had to google.
Speaker 1: In the cinema.
Speaker 4: Johnson because I said to Chris, do you reckon? Is this like cg CGI or is this his actual body? Because I wouldn't be surprised because Maui, the demi god he plays, is really bulked up.
Speaker 3: But he has got a special.
Speaker 4: Pesthetic suit on because he looked a bit wider in the waist and Chris is like, no, he's a bit badder in the waist.
Speaker 5: That's not the wrong.
Speaker 1: Mom always got a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's a forty pounds suit, this special suit.
Speaker 4: Where so Maui has all these tats that move throughout the story and it's been able to do that anyway, maw not Maui Moana very true to the original story. And how's this a nineteen year old girl making her film day Boo on a Disney film.
Speaker 1: That is crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's gorgeous, brilliant.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got some books and a very very very funny movie as in Screaming Out Loud We.
Speaker 1: Work at the weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, a proper old fashioned comedy movie that's just relentlessly silly.
Speaker 1: They don't make them like that.
Speaker 2: There's not many great new comedy movies coming out anyway.
Speaker 1: First all, start the books.
Speaker 2: Anne Patchett is an author that my eldest daughter ruby. She loves an Patchett and so she's always recommending.
Speaker 1: Her new book. She's got a new book out called Whistler.
Speaker 2: He's got a beautiful, stunning front cover of this horse, the book I read in one go on the flight home, and one of the steward essays came up to me and when we are just saying, we've never seen someone read a book on long haul, and when I want to read this, I've got to read before I landed back in Melbourne. So I've got something to talk to my daughter about because she loves Anne Patching. It is incredible. I cannot recommend that book enough. Whistler is a beautiful, beautiful story, beautifully told the reason why she's one of the biggest. I think it's got over twenty thousand and five star reviews on Amazon. Wow, it's only been out like six weeks.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful horse. You're right, it's beautiful horse. And then if you are.
Speaker 2: I love the I love the essays of David Sadaris, very very funny author. He's got a new book out, The Land and Its People. It is outstanding. It's very very good. He's here actually again at the end of the year. I came to see him a couple of years ago when he was hearing he was brilliant, live, very very very good.
Speaker 1: And then the movie.
Speaker 2: Then, the funny movie is Little Brother Eric Andre and John Senia good Rio. I watched it with my youngest daughter, Lois at the weekend. I said, look, we'll give it twenty minutes. The trailer was. She was like, Dad, I think this is a youth thing. And I went, hey, listen, I believe John Cena makes great choices, and I like Eric Andre. We learn not watching the whole thing. We were literally double over screaming with laughter, relentlessly silly. Really really, that's a turn out of ten from both of us.
Speaker 1: Wow, Oh my god. It reminds me.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when peek Will Ferrell Old School and Command, just relentlessly funny, just playing for last. Every single scene not a wasted scene. It's chardish, puerile, and it's what's needed in the world right now.
Speaker 5: I'm so glad you told me that, because I wrote that up. I saw that went. I'm not watching that.
Speaker 1: It looks terrible.
Speaker 4: We took like three guys of watching that because Chris really wanted to watch it, and Audrey and I were like, nah, tap.
Speaker 2: Out, surrender, childish charms. It's on Netflix. Christopher Maloney's in it as well. It's a Little Brother on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Rio. What's it for you?
Speaker 5: I've got a prescription for you, Christian, because I know you're still hurting from yesterday's England loss. You need something to pick you up.
Speaker 1: You need a Why would you even mention it? I thought.
Speaker 5: This, I promise you, this will put you back in a great headspace. The Sheep Detective on Prime. I didn't know it was a real movie. I thought it was like an SNL sketch or something.
Speaker 1: Like especially brilliant. I saw a five out of five star review in The Guardian.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I watched it because I thought a bit like little watched it because I thought it'd be bad, but it was. It was brillian. The cast is Unbelievable's Jackman, Emma Thompson, Brian Cranston, Nicholas Braun, the guy from success Greg in Succession, cousin Greg. Yes, cousin Greg plays like this dopey cop. It's so good, it's so funny, it's really cute. You absolutely love it. It is what I think back in the old days you would have said fun for the whole family. Really, everyone will love it. It's a murder mystery involving where the sheep's are the detective.
Speaker 2: Really to watch this weekend because I've seen nothing but great reviews for it. It's someone said it's got the same vibes as you know. I love the Paddington trilogy.
Speaker 5: Very similar Paddington Babe with a little bit of knives.
Speaker 3: Out about it.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: Actually very funny. It's a murder mystery, no jarring accents.
Speaker 1: Shape Christian O'Connell on podcast