Speaker 1: Say, python's wearing that and is it a Python don't.
Speaker 2: I don't really know what's a procedure.
Speaker 3: This is Roden Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 2: Here we go, all right, welcome to another one, Hayden, welcome back today.
Speaker 4: Thank you, good morning.
Speaker 2: Covering the news today, I've given you a hot mic, very loud. It's not your fault, by the way, that's good morning, Good morning Gabby, Gabby welcomed you into this. There's no greater welcome into the studio from Gabby and that good morning to you wherever you're joining us across the greatest city in the worlds long study on the roads. We've had a torrents fall in the last hour. Look, I know Hayden's keeping an eye on it across the morning. We did go to bed last night wondering if there would be a response to the US strikes on Iran, and Iran has struck back. I just and will cover it through it throughout the morning. But I can just tell you it's not nearly as dramatic as and and as inflammatory inflammatory thank you as TV News. Yeah, I had to get it right as TV News is making it out to be this morning. This is not exactly the case.
Speaker 1: Freaking news America under attack.
Speaker 5: Iran strikes in US targets in revenge for Donald Trump's nuclear blitz.
Speaker 2: America is not under attack, everyone, stay cool. Yeah, well, it's just a dramatic headlining. And so the Axios report that's just come out says I run Supreme National Security councilor at least a statement claiming the number of missiles fired at Qatar. So it's an American base in Qatar. They say the number of missiles fired is equal to the number of bombs the US used in its strike on Saturday. The quote from the Supreme National Security Council in Iran says, quote, the base was targeted in the attack by the powerful Iranian forces was far from urban facilities and residential areas in Qatar. This action did not pose any threat to our friendly and brotherly country, Guitar and its noble people. So that's where it's at. As far as the US's response from here, that will be Hayden's job to keep an eye on that throughout the morning. On an infinitely lighter note, Katy Perry's tour is still going. I didn't notice she was still kicking her out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's still in Australia and she decided to visit Australia Zoo because that's what you do when you're in Queensland, best zoo out there except for our national Zoo here in Canberra. And she saw Robert Irwin while she was there. Now she realized that Robert Irwin is going to be on Dancing with the Stars in America next season. He's following in Bindy's footsteps and doing the American version of that show. So she was like, let's give it a little little go, let's have a little twirl, and it didn't quite go to plan.
Speaker 2: I liked the idea that Robert's still you mucking out the enclosures there at the zoo.
Speaker 6: He still does the the midday show with the crocs and whatnot in the central arena. The whole family does when they're able to. When I visited, it was the whole fan, including Chandler. We'll getting out there in amongst it.
Speaker 2: Well Steve did. It didn't matter how popular and high rating, and you're a young Blocaden, but did you ever see Steve Irwin's shows on the Discovery Channel or any of those.
Speaker 4: He's not on the Discovery Channel.
Speaker 2: I never saw it in person though, right, even though you know he was a big international star, he would still do those shows at his zoo, and.
Speaker 6: The fan still does. And there's also one of their like long time employees to do it. And he's got like scars all over his body from when it went wrong. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 2: Badges of honor, I guess in the crocodile wrangling game. So Katie Perry's just walked into Steve, I mean Robert's house here at the zoo.
Speaker 3: I heard that.
Speaker 7: Robert Irwin was going to be on Dancing with the Stars, so I thought maybe we should do a practice around.
Speaker 6: You're at the Australia cent I love it.
Speaker 5: You're ready, Okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 6: D a waltz around the room.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 2: He's not this this is not looking good.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: I'd a little deep and she ended up on the floor. Hopefully he's got some practice in before he goes on the TV show.
Speaker 2: He will be kicked off the show in week one.
Speaker 6: It doesn't help. He was in steelcat boots, Like who can dance in steelcats?
Speaker 2: The excuses? How dancing there?
Speaker 4: Hayden, I've got two left feet No, nothing whatsoever right well.
Speaker 2: For but and whether or not you do or you don't, someone turns up with a big bag of cash, like young Robert over here. Do you want to be on Dancing the Stars? You better believe it?
Speaker 3: And Gabby versus.
Speaker 2: The world, you said quote, I made a poor decision last night, end quote, and she if we all reflect on times that we've had to say that the morning after, it's never a good story.
Speaker 6: No, it was a really bad decision and I should have known better. But I got in this morning and I saw producer Chelsea and I just went I made the wrong call, and she was like, so did I. We both did the same thing. So for Channel seven, we managed to get our hands on the previous screening room because Farm Wants a Wife Reunion wasn't meant to be till nine pm last night. No way was I going to be awake at nine pm.
Speaker 2: Right, So the network gave you a previous green sneak pass to watch it before the rest.
Speaker 6: Of Australia exactly. So I had the choice because after I got my baby to bed and dinner was ready, I had the choice between watching either Farm Wants a Wife the reunion or the first episode of Stranded on Honeymoon Island. I didn't have time for both.
Speaker 2: Right, So the one that we've been building up to for weeks and said we're excited about, which is Stranded on Honeymoon Island, versus the one that you said you have no faith in and is will be an absolute bust, just like the season prior Farmer Wants a Wife.
Speaker 6: Exactly, But I was thinking that farm Want's a wife. They put it at nine PM. They were building up to it. It must have been something big to have a reunion and to have like a big you know, I don't know, announcement or something crazy that happened in it, like they had to have been background footage or secrets spilled, some kind of drama or.
Speaker 2: As I suggested last week, they're burying this because not even they want to watch it. So well, I had faith.
Speaker 6: I had faith that they were going to save the season with this reunion.
Speaker 2: All right, So I watched Farm Wife. What an insane We could not have discussed it at greater length.
Speaker 6: I know I made the wrong call, and I am so mad at myself, and I watched it. I even fast forward through you because they do the recap of you met her here, and then you went on this date, and then you did that. I don't care. I've seen all that. I was bored the first time I saw it. I don't need to see it a second time. So I even fast forward through all that crap. Yeah, and I still got nothing.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, think yourself lucky that this only happens to you once a year or so. This is what happens every week with my footy tips where I go. I knew better, and I shouldn't have them, but I did produce. Chelsea. Welcome to the show for the first time this morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 2: When you first joined the show, now a million years ago, you learned we were snack Florence's. So we keep an eye on the new releases of these different things that come out, and you are the one who's brought the breaking snack news today.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So Twisties have launched a new flavor.
Speaker 9: Oh no, well.
Speaker 6: Their last one, Raspberry was yeah, a winner.
Speaker 2: What was the last one? In a second, let's get up the raspberry of Twisty's here.
Speaker 6: There has been a few Raspberry ones. Aren't even up there the Raspberry.
Speaker 2: They've got a bunch of different ones. Yeah, okay, okay, So anyway, so we've got an one. What do we got?
Speaker 6: Okay, this new one.
Speaker 5: It's limited edition, and they're combining two Ossie favorites, the Twisty and the Zuper Duper fairy Floss.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm gonna remember they've done this in the past, not this specific thing, but getting the sweetness into what is traditionally a savory thing. That is the Twists. That was a disaster. But what about disaster? But what about the time they did the cinnamon doughnut. And I feel like this is going to have a little bit of the donut about us.
Speaker 5: What is it again, the Zooper Duper, but the fairy floss flavor. So the pink Zuper Duper Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: The twist raspberry was insane, The sour blueberry was crazy. Yeah, this is this one makes more sense than does it than a lot of them.
Speaker 6: How does this make sense in your brain?
Speaker 2: Well, it makes more I'm saying it makes more sense icy Pole and Twisty.
Speaker 5: They are saying that it's revamped as a crunchy candy colored snack.
Speaker 6: It's even going to be colored, Yeah, to be colored.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, it's it's Ozzie as is what it is, super and a twisty if you could somehow just smash a potato cake in there too, or potato scallop for those who say it incorrectly. It's the confusing thing with twisties is when I research, you know, different twisties flavors. They're not exclusive to Australia and so you can so in other Southeast Asian countries there's twisties all over the shop or with different regional flavors. I had a twisty's.
Speaker 8: What was it?
Speaker 2: Seaweeds splash memory search and it was fantastic. That was that was in Malaysia. Probably beautiful seaweed twisty, seaweeds splash twisted. What do you have this? The twisty you have the seaweed, the tars or the fantastics you know?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Gabby versus the world, Hayden, thank you're hardening for Darcy today.
Speaker 2: Hayden, have classed your name up today. Awesome it will be pronounced. I love it, I love it. Who's who's having a crack at Bossie today? Was that Buddy Franklin.
Speaker 4: Broddy Franklin on his on his podcast, saying he's not looking like or he doesn't believe he's gonna make it to the end of the season.
Speaker 2: See the See the video that everyone's getting upset about today from the coverage of the Carlton game. No I played for a second, you've seen it. I haven't known. Fantastic. All right, let's just do it. We do it now, because a kid, what's scheduled for now the old patrol get to the mold patrol. There's a young fella in the crowd. So North Melbourne, you know who aren't very good?
Speaker 6: They be was the Carton game.
Speaker 2: They be Carlton and so they were nearly double this because they didn't end up winning by double, but you know he was. It was a demolition derby out there, and there was an opportunity for Carlton that used to kick a goal and get back in the game, and they missed and scored it behind. And so they cut to the crowd, and everyone seems very upset today about what the Fox Sports chose to cross to in the crowd. Talk us through it here, let's get back to work. Well, that's what it looks like the.
Speaker 6: Nation and what's happened for the Blues for that poor young fella.
Speaker 2: That's devastating. Mum and dad had brought him today full of hope. It's bad parenty. So he's the crowd and he's born his eyes out because the Blues have missed a goal and I'm so sad. Listen to me, kid, How old is a kid?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: He looks no older than ten. You're fine. I am fifty, and I get that he was born after Carlton's incredible eighties run. This is going to come good, long before my followings and killed. It still hasn't, doesn't look like it's ever going. You're fine, your club will be fine. But everyone's angry that for the footy coverage that the TV coverage showed the young fella in tears. It's good. It's a motivator, yea, one hundred percent it.
Speaker 6: Is, and it's great for the twenty first.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be wheeled out. Oh you hundred percent. If you think he won't be a meme for the next like fifteen years until he's twenty first, you got another thing coming. It won't be news to him when that gets wheeled out. Of twenty third, A lot of people who were planning to rifle through their partner's phone while they were showering this morning, have been put on high alert by you only seconds ago, and now the windows about to close. Phone snooping's dead.
Speaker 6: Phone snooping is dead. There's a new way to snoop.
Speaker 2: Good news, you're back everyone.
Speaker 6: So I guess you could argue that snooping is a terrible idea and not a good relationship if you have to snoop, or if you feel you have to snoop.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting in that there's two sides to it. So you go, listen, I trust you so implicitly, I don't need to go through your phone. And then there's the other side where.
Speaker 6: You go, if you trust me, there's nothing to hide.
Speaker 2: That's yeah. But see straight away you saying that says that you don't trust me. But the part where I go, hey, listen, whatever you want you look at the phone every I don't care. So ultimately that's I think where you want to be in a relationship. You are the true, authentic you to your other half.
Speaker 6: If the other phone is you know, face down and locked at all times the past code, so you feel like you need to like there's something Yeah, anyway, tell you this Okay, you need you don't need to go to the effort of trying to figure out the past code or unlock the phone to do a bit of snooping. Good because a woman has actually figured out that her Alexa was a far better device to snoop through than the phone. So this is like your home assistant. There's like the Google Nests Home or Apple I don't know, there's all the different ones, but Alexa is the one that she had. And she was just trying to find a song that she'd heard earlier, because you can have your Spotify through yr Elexa and whatnot. And she was listening to a song and she's like, I'll just go back through the log because there was a song I really liked and I want to hear it again. So she opened up the Alexa app and had a look at what had been playing over the past couple of hours to find the song she liked, and she realized that when she'd been at work, there was a bunch of romantic songs that had been requested to play, followed by a very fancy recipe dinner recipe, and then mood lighting being set. Because the whole house was controlled by this Alexa. How long is she working for It must have been a night shift.
Speaker 2: With a night shift where she was doing overtime. Old mate has gone to town.
Speaker 6: He's really turned it on for this other person who was there for dinner and so seeing the log and gone a minute.
Speaker 2: At least Old mates not just playing up, you know, in the back of a car somewhere like he's actually he's put on the lighting and he's looked up a nice rest. I mean, give the guy at least some credit here. He's a catch to his wife. He's a real jack. That's how you do it.
Speaker 3: That's it, all right, versus the world.
Speaker 2: So there's hang on. So there's no more So you can't look up messages or anything like that. No, but it paints a picture of what your other half does when you're not around exactly.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 2: The guy might just like, you know, making a nice, nice meal. He manages his diet well, and there's a sight of him that he just likes a little bit of a little bit of slow music.
Speaker 6: When had a bit of migraines, we needed to dim the lights.
Speaker 2: There you go, come on, come on, he was playing He been in the back seat of a castle. We spoke about that. Do you buy chocolate a little while ago?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, it was like so popular at the Real Ease to Show. There was lineups out of the pavilion.
Speaker 2: Right, and then there was an Australian mob that's had to go. But it wasn't as Lid brought it out.
Speaker 6: Sin and really expensive twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: A blot Right, producer, Chelsea, what's your experience with the Dubai chocolate?
Speaker 5: Well, I really like the Dubai chocolate. I tried it because Top Juice sell it. But will Worth's have actually just come out as well with their like mudcake Dubai chocolate brownie.
Speaker 2: Oh sounds good. Are you saying Top Juice sell the real McCoy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they sell like the really thick Dubai chocolate.
Speaker 2: And then would you pay for a blot?
Speaker 6: I think it was like nine dollars.
Speaker 2: That's all right, Lisa is twenty the real Dubai chocolate the Palmeerstan shops. I go into the shop there, you know, I don't know, I don't think it's an IgA, but it's one of the local gross or whatever. They got a box and on the bench, I go, we're going to try this. They go, that'll be twenty five bucks. When we're not trying that.
Speaker 6: To the word, it's part of the show.
Speaker 2: I laughed, what were you doing, I've dropped the ball. I also don't want to explain that to the auditor. So people are excited today. Aldi are putting a new thing in stores tomorrow and this snack fluence. So who's far more well organized snack fluencer than us has already got his hands on a couple of bags from Aldi and he's doing the test straight out of the gate.
Speaker 11: Pistachio pretzels and pistacio bombs. Let's check them out, the assaulted pretzels, and they're covered in pistachio green paste.
Speaker 2: No, they green pretzels.
Speaker 6: That sounds and looks revolted.
Speaker 2: I know, but everyone loves them, so we have to act like we love them too. We might love them. I love pistachios. I don't know if I do exactly. You don't know.
Speaker 6: That contains gluten. Oh they're not even green. He took one out of the pack and that's why.
Speaker 2: So it looks green on the outside of the packages, and.
Speaker 11: Heaps of the pistachio paste is covering the pretzels. So you get heaps of it. It's got a nice white chocolate taste as well as the pistachio. Blend together and then you've got the salty pretzel delicious.
Speaker 2: I'm in on the pretzels, right, Let's try the bomb basically like Dubai chocolate but in ball forms. All right, So it's got the thin chocolate milk gluten. I'll do it. I'll take one for the team. And it's got the green pistachi on the inside.
Speaker 11: Not a lot of codor if in this one, so I was expecting more crunch as you do with the Dubai chocolate, but it's still there, a lot more finer. The milk chocolate's a little bit overpowering. I feel like these would have worked with white chocolate on the outside.
Speaker 2: Now you missed that, mate, So that sounds exactly like what we want there.
Speaker 6: I saw this and I was like, yes, like aerow balls like the mint air row in a chocolate and I got really excited. And then it was pistachio and I got far less excited.
Speaker 2: But what a great point. How good are arrows? I know people don't talk about the aero bar.
Speaker 6: And aeroballs would be amazing. Do they exist because they should should.
Speaker 3: Rod and Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 2: Hayden for Darci this morning. What's the update since Iran struck back against US bases overnight?
Speaker 4: Yes, so run has had their first active of retaliation, striking an American base in Qatar. Trump's responded to Iran saying it was a very weak response and that he's hoping Earn got it out of their system.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It comes to diplomatic conversation and the de escalation that Australia and Europe have said. Hey, this is okay, okay, we support you to a point. We understand what you've done here. Now let's dial it down a notch. This guy is a stone cold dickcare go ahead.
Speaker 4: Trump's also then just turned around to a social media saying, congratulations world, it's time for peace.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, let's hope that part is right.
Speaker 6: He's just so silly. It's like when you're playing sport with someone and you're like, oh, don't who you've got, and then they start firing more balls at your head, like what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seemed like a very personal anecdote Australia has been reviewed by a Swedish guy, and I think, of all the visitors from around the world to give us a review, I go, I have. I don't know if we can scrub up or if we can stack up to the swe No, they.
Speaker 6: Do it well, they do, don't they. But there is a Swedish born guy who did spend some time in Australia in his twenties doing some study. It must have been in exchange university exchange type situation, and so he has chipped in on a bit of a heated debate, heated discussion on Reddit when it comes to Australia and our anti intellectualism.
Speaker 2: So any other country I'd take you on, but not the Swede. The Swedes.
Speaker 6: Now, he did have a really interesting observation and it's something that I have never ever considered. And I can't argue with.
Speaker 2: Him about this, I might argue.
Speaker 6: So he came out to say that Australia does lack the value that should be placed on education. We don't put enough emphasis on education in our country, he said Australia and Australians in my experience, tend not to value education so much. When they do, it's because it leads to a higher paying job. Knowledge for the sake of knowing is not valued. And I was like, oh my god, You're so right. When I look at what university degrees are worthwhile I look at them in accordance to what job you could get from that degree and how much it pays. I don't look at it as if like I want to do a medical degree because I want to be knowledgeable. I want to know how to save a life. I just want to have millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting that that is your mindset, yet here you are doing this job. That's a very good point. Yeah, however, you look someone I remember who was it? I reckon it was Brock Knowles's dad, Russell. So when I was a young fella and he was a builder and he built that their family, the most amazing house. I wanted to be a builder, and mate, I wouldn't have said mate. I was just a little kid. And I said you must be rich.
Speaker 6: And he said Brock's dad.
Speaker 2: I said, Brox's dad, Russell, And he had and he had what was it? This big? This big? It was a Pontiac tea bird that he had shipped out from America and restored in the garage. I said, you must be rich, and I said, are all builders rich? He said, mate, if you're good enough at anything, we will make a buck. So I've always thought it doesn't matter what you do. That philosophy that the Swedish bloke's talking about, though, I understand where he's coming from, because he's from the home of Ike and he comes over here and he sees our woodwork work, you know, and some of those coffee tables we build like.
Speaker 6: In you guys don't value you guys.
Speaker 2: Know nothing, and we're like, well, let's compare our coffee tables, and we lose every time.
Speaker 3: Rod and Gabby versus the.
Speaker 2: World last night it was the culmination of that super mega Lego Masters where they got the greatest Lego builders from around the world. And I don't know if you had described these guys as dark horses, I would I mean, they were strangers in episode season one, came together, worked out, you know, a friendship and you know, a strategy and one season one, well, well done, that's great, but it's just season one. They come back to this super you know, mega most important episode a season in the history of Lego building, and their final construction was Spartans versus hydra.
Speaker 6: And so that sounds very impressing.
Speaker 2: Let me put this on the screen for you so you can see it, and let's hear Brickman's analysis to Hamish as they were getting ready to make the decision on who that champions for twenty twenty five work.
Speaker 12: Well, every single one of these characters, they're all posable, not like Lego figurines, action figurines.
Speaker 2: That's what gives it the emotion the.
Speaker 12: Action anywhere where you have to have the shape of Lego bricks, they've made it look like in the armor like it's the edge of muscles and it stops it looking like a shape that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't belong on a human body.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right.
Speaker 12: The contouring that they've done is outstanding.
Speaker 2: Honestly, the production of this show, Hey, how do you make it? And be why am I watching Lego figures filmed in such a way and with an orchestral arrangement that I feel emotional about Lego? But perhaps that ties in, you know, with that connection that we all have, that nostalgic connection from our childhood's because Lego is a sign post in different ways at different times for all of us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's also just so incredible these creations that they can make from something that we did play with as kid.
Speaker 2: Well, it got these guys to win. This is incredible Henry and Kaid, congratulations.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 13: An awesome intro.
Speaker 2: Well, it was an awesome performance that we saw on the screen. Do you do you did you feel emotional when you watched it back last night?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 13: It was really really exciting.
Speaker 2: Can you believe you know, you know, you're building these things and by the way, as opposed to the lego that the rest of us built when we were kids, no instructions, So that's the most mind blowing thing to me. And then when you see it filmed in these amazing you know, the cinematic way they capture it all. Do you look at it and go, oh, that's pretty impressive. But even though you're the ones who build it.
Speaker 8: Absolutely I think that's what Henry and I were really looking forward to last night. You know, we see the builds on set when we finish, but to then see them lit up by like almost another team of artists to make them like absolutely shine and look incredible. All the builds look incredible. I think that's what Henry and I look forward to the most.
Speaker 6: Yes, I was really interested to see you guys win this season because you won the first season and now the way that I because Lego baffles me, even in the simplest form, because it's just so cool that you can create with something like a Lego brick, but when you look at something like a Master Chef for any of those other reality shows season one to season seven, there is such a huge improvement in what happens on the show and the creations that happened, because you know, every season has to get better and better. So for you to win season one and then to come back in season seven, did you have to up the ante and you know, really test yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 13: Like in the first episode of this season, we actually had a bit of a hiccup and we didn't do very well, but it actually gave us the motivation to actually go, do you know what, we belong here and we need to lift our game to actually prove our worth.
Speaker 2: In season one, you two didn't know each other. Was that the Norman? Has that been the case for other Lego seasons? I thought you turned up as a pair as mates?
Speaker 13: Sorry you paid?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean yeah, we I mean we actually auditioned with different people, different teammates originally, and then we got paired up. That actually wasn't the Norman and isn't the norm that you would get teamed up. But I was just so keen to do it, and so was Henry, your partner.
Speaker 2: All off, Yeah, where are the where are the mates? Were they watching last night?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: They're watching from the in the comments section, mate, you know, like, yeah.
Speaker 6: So are you mates now? Like if you kept in contact over these last seven.
Speaker 7: Years, I remember, oh, yeah, we're best mates now. Yeah, that's that's the thing, you know. First time we didn't know each other. We got to know about each other during the first season, and this time we came back as mates. And I think that that was like a blessing and a curse. I think that was our first episode. It was like, how did you tell your mates that's not good or fights for each of us? And then we're finding that, you know, like hang.
Speaker 8: On, hang on, Henry, we're here to winmate, Like we need to, you know, do what it takes being sensitive to.
Speaker 6: My feelings and just tell me what's right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think there was a little bit of that at the start, for sure.
Speaker 2: I guess the ultimate you know, the ultimate measure of a makeship is do your holiday together. And as Lego guys, I assume as we don't have a Lego Land in Australia, have you ventured any of those Lego mechas around the world together.
Speaker 13: Or we've done the local dream world Lego.
Speaker 2: That doesn't count counts.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 8: On my honeymoon, my wife and I actually we went to two places on a honeymoon. My wife said, you wanted to go to Paris and I said, okay, if you're doing that, I'm going to Denmark, the home of Lego. We're going to Lego Land, and so we spent we spent some time there. She thought it was going to be terrible and just said, actually that that was the best part of the holiday.
Speaker 2: So let me tell you, if you're going to test a marriage, you might as well do it on the honeymoon. Both passed with flying colors. Congratulations Henry and kaid what a cool Ossie story this has proven to be and it culminated with the big win last night on the TV. Congratulations again, well done. Than we jokingly forecast the dangers of jumping off a boat into the ocean to swim to an island whilst dressed in a wedding dress.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a wedding dress is very heavy. It's a lot of material, and we were saying that that could be quite dangerous and looks like our predictions were correct. Who would have thought, well, it seems like logic, right, like common sense.
Speaker 2: Yes, but because it's so the sense ought to be so common that with this new show stranded on Honeymoon Island and they make the couples jump off the boat, you know, this conversation would have happened by the producers beforehand and.
Speaker 6: They went, mah, I should be right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they should be right. Okay, so this is the moment.
Speaker 6: Is this is the moment.
Speaker 2: Let's see if it's the disaster we.
Speaker 9: Predict it for three weeks together, maybe something will go.
Speaker 2: Jump off the boat fully clothed.
Speaker 6: Well, you can possibly go wrong.
Speaker 2: You're wearing a wedding dress. You jump into the ocean. Oh my goodness. Oh no, she's.
Speaker 6: Tried to surface and the whole skirt is over her head.
Speaker 2: Right, think about that, Think about any of this.
Speaker 6: You can't breathe if a wet skirt is over your head.
Speaker 2: It's not our job and we forecasts this would happen. I do now, help help right now, old mate. As I said before to the boys who won Lego Masters, you've got a test relationship from time to time, going taking your wife on your honeymoon and your wife to Lego Land. That's a test. Old mate has just met this woman. You're going to be stranded on island together and hopefully you're gonna find love. But let's put it to the test and see if you can literally save her life as she drowns underneath the wedding dress the ocean while, by the way, it appears all the camera operators are standing around just filming. Anyone want to help out? Nope, Oh, she's just surfaced, okay. And you don't look your best when you have a fright like that.
Speaker 6: And you've just dived into the water and form maker.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you've you know, lost all the oxygen from your lungs, so you don't you know, you're trying to impress, trying to look good.
Speaker 6: You're trying to surface like a mermaid and be right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he said, you're that's unattractive. Now it's I get that. You gotta you're trying to you know you're trying to live, right, you're trying to breathe. But it's unattractive, isn't it.
Speaker 6: It's a little bitter attracted and looking. This is Amy, by the way, We're going to attractive, very Amy, coming.
Speaker 2: On, because Amy on the show soon.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is She's still alive, guys.
Speaker 2: Okay. And she wouldn't have seen this until last night on the.
Speaker 6: Table, but she felt it. She would have noticed it.
Speaker 7: Look.
Speaker 2: See, that's exactly what I was thinking. She's apologizing. Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, I looked just all Sorry. I nearly died, but I did nearly drown a second ago. Yes, kidd black mark against old MAT's name, you're good, No, mate, I nearly drowned under a wedding dress.
Speaker 6: You got fast forward to like twenty years into their relationship. If this happened and he went, you're good, he would have copd.
Speaker 3: Do I look over?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not No, I'm not good. Big difference between that moment and a thirst.
Speaker 3: Day Rod and Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 2: Amy joins us. Now, Hello, Amy, and congratulations on surviving.
Speaker 9: Oh god, thank you. I'm so proud of myself.
Speaker 2: That looked frightening. But when you came out from under the dress and you realized you were going to survive. You apologized. Is that because when gasping for air, we know we don't look our best?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I was like, oh my god, I look like can I swear how much?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I looked really bad right now. No, I'm kidding. I looked amazing. I looked amazing. I was on the brink of death. But I came up gasping for air and yeah, no, I literally got water boarded the second that I dived. I had pretty much a panic attack as soon as I came up for air.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a good start, as you would water crazy start.
Speaker 6: Well, because we kind of predicted this when we saw their promo and people were jumping in wedding dresses. I was like, either you get to sink to the bottom because they're so heavy, or you're not going to be able to get to the surface because all the layers are above you. And then it happened. But was this the toughest part of stranded on Honeymoon Island or does it get worse from here?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: We get so much worse.
Speaker 2: Oh, Old said, it's terrible.
Speaker 9: You guys are in for an absolute ride. Yeah, but you know what, it goes good bad, good bad. You know what I mean. It's kind of yeah, it's a bit of a rollercoaster.
Speaker 2: It's a sandwich. Was it the first time that you'd seen the show when it was on TV last night or did they give you a sneak preview so you knew what you were in for.
Speaker 9: No, I had no idea. They tell us nothing. They tell us absolutely nothing. So it was so exciting for me because I also completely forgot what I said. What happened. Well, for me, it was such a surprise, and I was like, oh my god, my poor mother.
Speaker 6: Take us through this because this was meant to go on our TV's about six months ago, and that means it was filmed like eighteen months ago. Am I right? In my maths?
Speaker 9: I'm not a math giralie like I do gol mauth, But yeah, probably something something like that.
Speaker 6: That's a long time ago, to the point where we were looking at a few of the contestants or participants that are on stranded on Honeymoon Island and since it was filmed, so between filming and airing, they have found a new partner, gotten married and had babies.
Speaker 2: That's an extreme example. But there is a camera, a camera, boy, that's done that. I can't wait to see more so that I understand when you were saying your poor mother. I want to see exactly what you need to be having conversations with your mum about. As this season goes on, we look forward to chatting again. Amy from Stranded on.
Speaker 9: Island.
Speaker 2: I've been calling it the one where they jump off the boat for so long. I need to use the right name for the show, stranded on No, you're absolutely right, we'll go with that one. Congratulations again. We'll chat as we go.
Speaker 9: Thanks God, can't wait.
Speaker 2: Hayden in for Darcy. Good order a young guy. Do you remember Sizzler.
Speaker 4: Sizzler, I've heard of it.
Speaker 2: I don't think i've ever been is Rashet is the new Sizzler.
Speaker 4: Rashes isn't an all you can eat buffet though, No, but.
Speaker 2: It's got like that menu. There's a million things that was a thing with Sizzler. There a million things, and everyone talks about the che cheesy toasts.
Speaker 6: I used to love the dessert bar. Always been lactose intolerant, always sick after going to Sissler because I just go to town on the ice cream.
Speaker 2: Well, you got it. And it's the one time that mum and dad used to go, We're getting their money's with you.
Speaker 6: Go hard hard right. Whenever we got our report cards at the end of the year, our celebration was to go to Sisler, right, Bill conn I think so I was so young, camera was so far away from Bugandur at that point.
Speaker 2: We're traveling into the big smoke kids, or we're going to Sizzler. Am I am I projecting? I think I think my favor from Sizzler was a raspberry spider.
Speaker 4: Oh rasbery spiders alone of raspberries.
Speaker 2: Yes, but whatever, And it's like your childhood things always better than the rest of your life. And the raspberry spider from Sisler I recall being the greatest of the spiders, the spider back in the in the Lime lights punintended today it is we.
Speaker 6: Haven't spoken much about Master Chef this season.
Speaker 2: How long has it been on for a couple of weeks?
Speaker 6: I think it has been on for quite some time. Good for you must yeah, well done. But no, there was someone who got eliminated last night.
Speaker 2: Bo.
Speaker 6: He got sent home because he tried to recreate a spider.
Speaker 2: How could you how could you get it wrong? Be how could the judges not go this is the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 6: Because he didn't just do like raspberry or coc and ice cream. He tried to put a unique twist on. He had to make a more fancy for Master Chef. He couldn't be that simple, so he combined rum roasted macedamia crumble, vanilla ice cream, stewed sourie cherries, and then cola flavored grenita. So it wasn't really a spider. He was just trying to recreate the memories and the fun that came with a spider. I guess it sounds great, but some ice cream in some colon and hands it over.
Speaker 2: It's a lesson in life.
Speaker 6: Messed with the classics.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, you can try too hard. So if you're working today, just keep that in mind.
Speaker 6: You can try to don't fix it.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, and there's a result. Australia is furious today. The spider has been messed with and failed, and I think the most famous is the Lime Spider. People like the Lime.
Speaker 6: For me, I've never been a fan of a spider. Like the frothiness that's created from the soft drink and the ice cream combining. Not a fan.
Speaker 2: We are going to ras. I don't know that rass have it, but they I feel.
Speaker 3: Like that Roden Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 2: It was a really weird noise inside the house.
Speaker 6: It's not where you want to hear, iserve.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: This happened to me last night. I was getting everything organized. I always get my outfit sorted and I put my bags by the back door, so that of a morning, I don't have to creep around the house collecting everything. I just get dressed, it off, I go smart. It just makes life easier. I don't want a baby waking up on my way out the door.
Speaker 2: No one does.
Speaker 6: She can wake up after I leave, Yeah, not before.
Speaker 2: Want to air bad. That's a him problem after you left. So that's fine.
Speaker 6: So I was getting everything sorted, and I'd been digging through my bag prior to putting it to the back door because I couldn't find a hair tye. I thought it was in my bag. I was digging and oh my god, I don't know how much crap I have in my bag.
Speaker 2: It's a black hole in there.
Speaker 6: It's a black hole in there. So I've been digging through it. I'd messed everything up and I found my hairtye. All was good, and then I took everything to the back door and when I got there, I was like, what's that noise? The washing machines not on, the dry is not on, the heater is not on. The extraction fans in the bathrooms not on. But there's like a mechanical whirring sound like something is on. And I could not figure it out, and I was I'm not gonna lie in a bit of a bad mood. I just wanted to go to bed. So I go out and get my husband and I'm like, there's a noise and I can't find the origin.
Speaker 2: Hang on, what's were you? Were you speaking to him in an accusatory to No, It was just.
Speaker 6: An I'm done with this. I want to go to bed. You need to help me find this.
Speaker 2: That could be a serious problem here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, serious problem.
Speaker 2: Fix it pretty much.
Speaker 6: I just want to go to bed. And he was like, all right, I'll come I have a look. So he comes up the hallway with me and where whispered talking because we're outside the baby's room, and I'm like, I can't I can't figure it out where is this coming from? And he's like, I don't know. He goes into the laundry, he puts his ear to the washing machine. He's like, it's not that. And then he puts his ear to my bag and he goes to me, hah, what's in your bag? And that was in an accusatory kind of voice.
Speaker 2: As well it should be if the joys is coming from your bag and you're the one installming around, going what are you doing? Mate?
Speaker 6: And not only that, the particular noise he was being a bit accusatory about. So I'm gonna make you shut your eyes and turn this music off, and I want you to tell me what you think this could potentially sound like if it was in my bag? Very subtle, h a.
Speaker 2: Boeing seven four seven taxiing down the runway to get to the spot where it takes off. As you write, that sounded pretty industrial, is what it sounds.
Speaker 6: It sounded like a mechanical whirring or a vibration. And so he was like, what is in your bag? Because it's coming from in there?
Speaker 2: Great question.
Speaker 6: He was my little portable fan, and you go, one of those little fans, have a little portable fan, obviously not very usefully.
Speaker 2: Why is it in your bag?
Speaker 6: It's in my bag at all times. As I said, there's a lot of crappy then I don't know what's what a great but in the most freezing time of year, I've got this Rando handheld fan in my bag.
Speaker 2: Yes, so the answer is I've had this lying around since summer. But I like how you were clever enough just to turn it. Oh, I always have it with me. I know it's still just lying around from last summer. Hayden, thank you for covering for Darcy. You've been keeping an eye on all sorts of things. However, the green light has been given to something that I think a lot of people have been waiting for for years and years and years. What's the breaking news?
Speaker 4: The next step in sustainable dining. Lab grown meat has officially been given the green light so in Australia. In Australia, yes, it just it's the no different to the other meat.
Speaker 6: Here it is because it's a lab grown.
Speaker 2: Now you get to have the lab grown meat.
Speaker 6: And also would you stop being a vegoe for this if it's lab grown?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: So my choice to be a ve Joey is around my own personal health and so the meat and the way my body breaks it down. It's just not for me. But for other people they go all meat and it's they say it's fantastic for them, the carnivorous diet, the carnivores. Ha, you have meat at it? I am, yes, yeah?
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 6: Do you feel about lab grown meat?
Speaker 4: It's a bit weird because the Aussie company that's leading the charge, it's called vow Apparently the products of lab grown meat is grown from animal cells, so it's not vegan.
Speaker 6: Do you know what I was imagining, like a three D printer, just like printing out a steak.
Speaker 2: Now that you know that the animal cells it right into it. Yeah, But the point is you meat meat, I guess yeah. And that's the thing, it absolutely is. And all the use of the land, forget about the ethical thing concerns that different people have.
Speaker 6: All farting, creating all that carbon monoxide or.
Speaker 2: Right, and all the water that you have to put into the grass that's you know, grazed on by the cattle and blah blah blah. That's from my understanding, is that's eliminated. I don't know how much goes into you know, doing the lab grown meat. But from a sustainability point of view and a helping the planet point of view, I think it's nothing but good news enough.
Speaker 6: How is it when it comes to like they tell us not to have processed food, like try to have all natural stuff. Is this in the natural category or is it in the processed category.
Speaker 2: I don't know enough about it, but we're going to need to find out because it's going to be on a shape soon.
Speaker 6: I might be vegetarian in the future.
Speaker 2: Guys, come on board. Good to have you be bored with.
Speaker 3: Me versus the world.
Speaker 2: Brook Blurton was a star of The Honey Badger's season of The Bachelor on TV, so much so they said you should be the next bacheloret Absolutely after she walked out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was like the third Actually it's exactly the same story as producer Chelsea Third in there's three girls left. Yes, yes, she went, you know what, No, this is not what I want, So I'm going to walk away.
Speaker 2: She's on her way to Canberra on a book tour. She's got the new book at the moment, Brooke, gooday.
Speaker 1: Hello, good morning running Gabby.
Speaker 2: How are you very well excited to hear about this? Book and the Adventure ever since we saw you on the TV. But I think Australia has been waiting to ask the question. Perhaps I just haven't heard the answer. When when you chose to walk out on the Honey Badger, he famously then walked out on the last two girls. Do you think had you stayed, he would have chosen you?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I think beautif Yes, I don't think.
Speaker 6: So. We're talking way back in like twenty nineteen, right, like it's.
Speaker 1: A lot Actually, yeah, yeah, very long time ago.
Speaker 2: Pre COVID does feel like decades ago, because it does. Yeah, it is another world. How different is your life these days as an author versus a TV star?
Speaker 11: Ah?
Speaker 1: Much better, A little bit more low key. I can you know I'm not behind the camera. I'm just sitting behind my computer.
Speaker 6: Well you're still doing a great podcast as well, though, so you're still out there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love I love my job honestly, Like, I have such a great life. And you know, I am very grateful for my time on the Bachelor, because I don't think I would have had all these things if it wasn't for that experience. So very very grateful.
Speaker 2: Dabby read me an extract of your new book yesterday and we were wondering whether or not. I mean, it's I think it's officially fiction, but I wonder if it's somewhat semi autobiographical. How much of yourself and your childhood did you tap into for this story.
Speaker 1: Well, I co authored with mel Sayward, who's another First Nations woman, and I think both of our experiences have been entwined with different characters. So I feel like I'm a little bit of Jamie and a little bit of Stella, and she feels the exact same way for different reasons. But I would say it's definitely fiction. But you know, this is the best thing about writing fiction and like a younger character is that you can use your imagination and kind of go to places that you probably couldn't in like an autobiography. Obviously, So I'm much writer. I'm much rather writing this one than my autobiography, if I'm being honest.
Speaker 2: My memoir time for that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, I'm loving the premise of this book. It's called a Good Kind of Trouble, and it is about a high school girl who actually gets in a bit of trouble for standing up for what she believes, in which sounds like such a feminist empowerment kind of move. Is that what you were going for?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I wanted to always write something that was also reflective of my clear experience as well, like or like you know, the confusion or the navigation of that. So Jamie's navigating, you know, being clear. She's openly clear, like everyone just sort of knows there's no coming out. There's just like everyone just kind of accepts it and just like kind of moves on. But there's this time where she gets in trouble with the new girl, and the new girl is like the good kind of trouble. So you know, I think there's so much more. There's more messaging in this than I've ever read in any other teenage fiction in my life, and I have read quite a few. So yeah, no, I feel like I just wanted to entwine like a bit of like justice, a bit of like education around First Nations culture, a bit of like you know, challenging stereotypes, challenging status quos, et cetera. So yeah, there's a lot in it. Considering it's a teenage fiction, I think a lot of adults could learn from it.
Speaker 6: To be honest, Well, I'm actually wanting to read it because I think I can learn from it because there is like a part of this that Rodin I started talking about after reading the excerpt from the book about how the education system hopefully has changed a lot, but we know it's definitely changed somewhat since we were in school when it comes to teaching our history and the proper history, not just the white history of Australia. So there's definitely like a touch of that in the book.
Speaker 1: As well, exactly. I mean not to give giveaway too much, but it does challenge those education like these old educational views on First Nations culture, and we all know the truth telling well sometimes you know, some people don't want to admit it or they deny it. So you know, Jamie's challenging that. And I think seeing a young Norna girl, you know, a young wa girl fifteen or whatever age, you feel like, you know, you resonate with Jamie. She challenges that and she stands up for what she believes in. And I think that's kind of what I would hope for young people even just today. Like honestly, like I was pretty strong with my views and my values when I was younger, and I just wish I had the courage as much as I put into Jamie as I did as a kid.
Speaker 2: You're doing a tremendous job out there and we look forward to you coming to Camper. When do we get to mate Brook for the book signing.
Speaker 6: And the eighth of July at the National Library of Australia which is obviously a free event because we love all of our free establishments. Here in camera six pm to seven here you can mate Brook there and get your copy of your book signed. A fabulous book I think every young adult should have for.
Speaker 2: Shore On excellent Brooke. Really appreciate the time did I travel saphen you are here and we look forward to seeing in the Capitol.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Thank you so much, guys.
Speaker 3: See ya, but