Speaker 1: On Flex and Frooms. Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday, and to be honest, I'm ready to get straight into the podcast.
Speaker 1: I do have a quick request before we do.
Speaker 2: If you have a blankye or knows someone who owns a blankie. I'm trying to discern what type of people participate in this cultural tradition. I have a suspicion it is Caucasian behavior, and that has been affirmed by those in the studio.
Speaker 1: But if you aren't.
Speaker 2: If you aren't Caucasian and you have a blanky, and I'm not talking just like you know, a blanket, I'm talking like a comfort item that could be a stuffed animal that you've held on too since you were an infant. Please, Dearmuson, let us know. I'm trying to draw some conclusions. Please enjoy the show.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Flex and Rooms on kit.
Speaker 2: We are starting on I would say a somber note, but a very educational and necessary note. When I walked into the studio today said I'm having a conniption. The girl he's asked why, I said, Lucy let be. If you've heard that name floating around the new cycle TikTok Instagram. Lucy let be let the name be known is a serial killer, not an English rose who found herself on hard times. It's coming out that this woman, Lucy let be was a nurse, a neonatal nurse, who between the months or the years of June twenty fifteen and June twenty sixteen, killed at least six infants and attempted to kill an additional seven. And what's been really, really, really stressful to observe. Aside from the case and the details of itself, that was completely avoidable because her peers and stuff clocked her on death three and they were gasolt into feeling as though they were just targeting a lovely young woman. But the media coverage thus far has been very confusing in giving details about what Lucy let be has done. They keep framing her as this wounded girl who was so innocent and lovely and how could she fall times and what would have drawn her to do this. I don't see you giving Ted Bundy the same kind of Oh, let's just get into I disagree.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it has been like.
Speaker 1: Fully has have you? How many articles have you read?
Speaker 3: Quite a few, and what I've seen is that they can't actually see a motive with her, but they're also like, we don't know anything about her, Like yes, they're saying, yes, she looks really regular, and it's like kind of like it's reiterating the idea that the way someone looks doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the halo effect, which is exactly what I'm talking about. They're framing it is not they're not leading with the issue at hand. There's a woman out here who, in her care of just one year, killed seven babies.
Speaker 1: That is not the story.
Speaker 2: It's how does someone so assuming, unassuming do something so dangerous? If she was not a white woman, people would not be saying how is she so unassuming? How could she be drawn to it? If she was just a regular old person who would exist in these like edges of society who are already viewed as being violent or overly masculine or quite scared, be like if that makes sense, Like we've clocked it. But everybody's like infantilization of white women in particular is coming out where it's like, let's get to the details. We need to find her motive. Don't worry about the motive. You're forgetting she literally tried. There was one baby she tried attempted to kill three times, Like, we don't need to know her motive at this point. It's so scary. And then her peers working alongside her, We're saying that there are so many avoidable situations. They clocked it so early. They clocked it on baby two three. They're like, this is sus And the board was like, maybe you guys are getting up on Lucy.
Speaker 1: They said, I don't know. Lucy's really nice. Okay, she's giving a chill, it's really nice. I don't think she would do that.
Speaker 2: We would risk their medical license dobbing on their peer like that. Lucy let Me did not show up to her court conviction either, so there is no first hand case of why she did or didn't do it. But all they found is her journal entries, which have kind of detailed her feeling like she's not good enough and just like general so deprecating behavior, but nothing that links it so heavily to be like, this is why I came for those kid lits. I just think people are struggling to understand the true depth of how cooked this is, and all the parents who have been gas lit into being like just a strange, odd thing, like I don't know why you were baby died.
Speaker 3: I just a'm sad for the families that, like with their impact statements and stuff like, she couldn't be there to So I think I heard that the PM in in England wants to like make it so people have to go to the trial. Yeah, because that's society in a sense, like.
Speaker 2: The people are saying and response about what we can't are we going to drag them kicking and screaming? And then if you bring that energy into a courtroom, it kind of derails the whole point.
Speaker 1: And I was like, well, let it be derailed, then it can be documented.
Speaker 2: Right then you could see this person acting on their own accord, not again people filling in the blanks and being like, well, maybe that she's having a rough day so she couldn't make it, or maybe it's really overwhelming for her. Of course it's overwhelming, babe, she murderer. Anyway, that's the information we have for you. I won't be updating you further, too traumatic, but you can seek out this information.
Speaker 1: Lucy, let me do not forget the name.
Speaker 2: I'm inviting some pettiness into the room because I think we've been a little bit soft on each other, not just you and I, but the world.
Speaker 1: There's always an overcorrection.
Speaker 2: Everybody's really really mean, then everybody's really really nice and saccerin and sweet. Find the middle ground, be petty and endearing.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll try that.
Speaker 2: We're all struggling with it, but we'll get there. Here's an amazing TikTok that we all need to listen to.
Speaker 4: What is the smallest social site I'm looking do to you? That's actually a big deal to you. For me, if you're in a group and like you love to know on your phone and then you're like showing people solf it's like a meme or a tweet or something. Who you show your phone to you? And if you don't show your phone to says all that I need to know about where we stand. And if you show their phone to multiple people that don't show it.
Speaker 1: To me, you're dead to me.
Speaker 2: Now, I will say in this situation, sometimes when you're in a group setting that's not fully concrete, as in maybe two or three groups have merged together. We're loitering at a party and I see something on my phone and I just show my friend because we're in the primary conversation.
Speaker 1: That I feel is fine.
Speaker 2: If I go to show my phone to someone and they look kind of busy, uninterested, I'm not going to reach over and interrupt them.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Another thing I was thinking of in a similar vein when you're standing in a group and someone kind of has their back to you.
Speaker 1: Why are we doing that? I hate am I in am I out pick it.
Speaker 3: It's disgusting you in a liminal space.
Speaker 1: It's not great.
Speaker 2: I also don't like when it's one thing to interrupt people during conversation, but if you interrupt someone and then don't acknowledge it, like so, for example, if we're talking, talking, talking, I tangent to you, and then I don't bring you back in and say sorry, what we're saying.
Speaker 1: I don't like that. I need the little life, Yeah, bring it back here, raft yeah, bring it back in.
Speaker 3: However, I will say some people interrupt constantly and say sorry, I'm interrupting, and keep doing it. Cut that out.
Speaker 1: That's different, with all due respect, what are your slights?
Speaker 3: Oh that one hit home for me. Definitely. No offense. Oh no, no, I no, I'm saying someone saying no offense, oh.
Speaker 1: Before they offend you, or just generally.
Speaker 3: Generally, but also when it's like no offense, but something I don't want to know, huh.
Speaker 2: Interesting, it's yours, I would say. I don't like when somebody leads with an insult that is masked with care, so like you look really tired today?
Speaker 1: Are you okay? And it's like, which is it?
Speaker 2: Because if you really thought I was going through something, would you out it in front of everyone?
Speaker 1: Where's the tact? Or like, oh, usually more dressed up? What's going on? What is that? Who do you work for? I don't like that, like what are we doing here? Are we doing casual? Chummy? Chummy? Or are you trying to call me out my name?
Speaker 2: Or when somebody says in front of people, like if I'm telling a story and someone's like, but you always do this or you always say this, and it's like.
Speaker 1: I don't mind.
Speaker 2: If we're around friends, that's funny. If we're not around common company, don't call me out my name.
Speaker 1: Hello, Lovelyne.
Speaker 3: Fortunately, the nonsense and the scary times persist here in the Shoes. Fortunately we have very dedicated listeners who love to send us embarrassing non embarrassing, inspiring, empowering stories for us to discuss on air. It is so wonderful. Whenever we get feedback and messages, please send them to flex and rooms on Instagram and are wonderful. Thank Let's producer Mikhayla thankless producer?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Thankless? In that like the work that she does that we don't see is thankless, but everything else she does is seen and adored. That's a compliment, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, I'm fine with that. I felt that.
Speaker 5: Thank you for me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean? You don't have a secret language, do you do?
Speaker 2: Because when I a thankless producer, I'm like, I think we are quite appreciative of the work.
Speaker 5: No, you guys are appreciative, but I don't think people are quite understand what a producer does.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's like, oh, do you just like Twitter wheels plums okay.
Speaker 1: When they come in press, but professional third wheel? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Mikayla puts the whole show together, schedules where everything goes edits, the show puts it up manage our socials. Imagine being one person doing all that.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, Okay, let's get to it. Guys.
Speaker 3: The title of this is My situationship Found my Blankie. Here we go high flex and frims. I have a dating dilemma that is potentially the most embarrassing thing I've experienced in the dating world this financial year.
Speaker 2: We ought to do better everyone when we get to twenty twenty four, I don't want to hear any more. Potentially the most embarrassing ever. There's so much media in the world. It's it's it's Hollywood media, it's international media, it's it's self produced media from just regular people warning you against the perils of doing not good in a dating arena when twenty twenty four comes you.
Speaker 1: I have no excuses.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna go on. I have been on some dates with a guy I really like. Every time he comes over to my place for a rendezvous, I do a sweep of my house and make sure everything is hidden. I move my medications, sexual wellness toys, diaries, and other possessions that could be liabilities if found by the wrong person. The other day, we had an impromptu day date and he ended up coming back to mind. It was unexpected, so I didn't have a chance to clean my house and do the requisite sweep. We ended up doing the deed in a passionate frenzy. That is, just before he suggested we get under the covers. We did so, like, are both these people unemployed?
Speaker 1: That's what's coming to mind before he.
Speaker 3: Did so, we get on the covers. We did so, and he went to put his arm under my pillow, like around under my shoulder. He felt something silky and it was my blanky that I sleep with. I know that some people have stuff toys, but I actually sleep with an old raggedy nighty that I've had since I was a kid. It belonged to my mum, which sounds so weird and creepy, but it is a comfort item that I've gotten used to having. I had to make on excuse and tell him that I slept in it, but I'm pretty sure he knew it was a lie to make matters worse. He was getting up to leave, and he looked under my bed and found a bee box full of sexual wellness toys and commentate on them, saying, you don't even need me. What do I do? Can I recover from this much love? Ninety night night we got a jore extra and a trick start in the studio, just if you're not sure what a blank is. I've heard that a blankie is like a soft toy.
Speaker 1: I think it's really strange.
Speaker 2: Like I honestly thought Blankie's and the stuffed toy thing was a Hollywood trope, kind of like the way Hollywood depicts a lot of things that don't actually happen, but it serves to tell a really quick story about a person.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was a real thing.
Speaker 2: It's a real thing I have, especially like toddlers and children. I get it when we get into teenager and we get into young adult, we get into real adult.
Speaker 1: I said, what are we doing with this? What kind of comfort is this giving you?
Speaker 3: No? Two of my best friends have actual raggedy like soft plush toys from when there were kids, not the rags, the raggedty when they're Is it a Caucasian thing? Both those friends are Caucasian.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my friend one of my best friends has one.
Speaker 1: She Caucasian. Yeah, maybe we'll do a little pole.
Speaker 2: Any non Caucasian people have any experience with blankies, because maybe that's why I'm not really getting it.
Speaker 1: Do you have a blanky?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I don't have a blanky.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then knowing people who do have blankies, what is the embarrassing thing about having them? Because I know it's someone who doesn't have one, I could imagine. I know what I would think if I saw someone with one. Why do you think this person's embarrassed.
Speaker 3: I think it's embarrassing because it's just like a very personal thing that is considered juvenile, right right, And like I think often with comfort objects, like comfort objects I've got, like there's just things that you want forever that you would be sad that you would lose in a house fire, for example. But that's just like a very tactile version.
Speaker 1: I would feel me thinking like anything can go.
Speaker 3: Huh, everything can go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a house fire, I'm like, I don't know what one thing i'd pick out. I just take my phone, my wall, at my passport.
Speaker 3: Wow, I would take like jewelry and stuff like that. Anyway, I reckon that it sounds like this person is really noisy. If he's looking under your bed, I'm looking at all your sexual wellness toys and commenting on them. Stop looking.
Speaker 2: I need more information. We need to ask this girl. Did he crawl under the bed? Was it peeking out because he's sounding you both sound like widows from you text us babe information. I need to paint a more clear picture because first it was the midday rendezv. I'm assuming on a weekday, because why would you say midday if it was if it was a weekend, you just say the weekend.
Speaker 1: Then we've got the blankie, We've got.
Speaker 2: You don't even need me sexual wellness.
Speaker 3: It's not happening to a lot of shed I would say we are quite a fashion forward show. Sometimes I have my off days where I'm going down with a bit of a tracksuit situation. I did have a client brief recently where they're like, describe your personal style, and I said, it's either giving like four year old in a tracksuit that just wears one tracksuit, which is what I did and ask for. I'd only wear one outfit and the pants had to be very low on my hips, or sexy nigella core.
Speaker 1: What are you today today?
Speaker 3: I'm actually like a secret third thing which is prone to change. But I am wearing pants under my dress. I know what you're thinking. This is a non event, It's a non story, this cinder, but really it is a sign of the times. I remember early two thousands, we had Ashley Tissdale's your hand them On, Tanna's, your jes Scalba even and your Anne Hathaway wearing a little bootcut jean moment under a floral, flouncy skirt, and I reckon. In the like fifteen years since, it was seen as extremely not okay to do such a thing. It was seen as there's something actually wildly wrong.
Speaker 1: I think I just was on anybody's raider.
Speaker 3: I think if you wore it, you'd wear it to like a bad outfit party, Like it was that bad. It's like the Fedora of the early two thousands.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, in the last fifteen years, I don't think anyone would even think to wear a pant under a dress. Not that it was bad or good, it just wasn't on anybody's radar to have a thought about.
Speaker 3: True, I feel like you're an early adopter of the pant. I do like it, underskirt. What picked your interest initially?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't like to think about fashion a lot, I really don't. I think it's the most boring part of it. Having any kind of like intellectual approach to it. But I'm constantly consuming media, and I'm constantly just like copying and iterating. So I saw some pretty amazing guys that I want to be lego, and I took it.
Speaker 3: Do you wear pants on a skirt?
Speaker 1: Surely? No, Mickey, your pants on a skirt surely? So Codd.
Speaker 5: I think it's because I wear wide leg pants, okay, okay, and so putting wide leg pants under a skirt is difficult. I don't actually own any like yogre.
Speaker 1: A flowy skirt on top of a flowy pant. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's almost a bit Isha coded? What ishcar coded? You have ishkar and Sydney?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is that kind of like spell Barren Bay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like the early two thousands version got it a bit evanescence coded as well. I have a pair of really like thin cargo pants that I wear underneath. Yeah okay, and they work quite well with the current dress. I've got a little holiday to label dress on. But really, you do have to and choose your battles. I'd say go to Glebe Markets on a Saturday morning, okay. Lots of flouncy dresses that are easily incorporated into the pant life.
Speaker 1: So its Glee markets closed or not closed.
Speaker 3: It's not real.
Speaker 1: It exists and you can go and understand it exists. You've been listening to The Flex and Frum's daily podcast.
Speaker 5: For more, Tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.