Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms Flex and Fromes.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 1: It's Friday Friday. I gotta get down fay.
Speaker 2: Google search ugly ballet flat.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so I my mate just asked me. What did she say? She said, alright, I'm going to buy some ballet flats simply watch out. I said, Wow, the ones with the groppy cells. So I had these ballet flights in twenty thirteen. When I wear them to my castiles job, and they're this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these an elasticated ones, elastigated, griepy bottoms, the ones you're chucking your bag when you go to the races.
Speaker 1: You just hear them creaking on the train line on the way back from Flatterfying. Look, I'm going to buy these ugly ass ballet flights because that's a real that's a real thing that people aren't ready for. Look, they've got like.
Speaker 2: The so you've typed in ugly ballet flat.
Speaker 1: And they've got the d or style ones.
Speaker 2: They're sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you like them? They're really cute. But I just need a little bit of a little bit of something. What do you mean, I don't like the feeling in my foot being fly to the floor.
Speaker 2: I'd rather be shoeless. If I'm gonna raw dog it, let me row dog No.
Speaker 1: But they've got the padding in it, so it's less. They're actually pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, just the showmarly ugly ones here Froo men tho through me boommmy les Mom.
Speaker 2: You're listening to flex and rooms on kater do.
Speaker 3: Buy is literally so hot that they've opened the beaches at night. Can you imagine lifeguards, children, families, hammocks, beach towels at night?
Speaker 2: How can you see the water spotlights?
Speaker 3: Wow? I don't think I'm brave enough for that. As we know, I am afraid of the dark. That doesn't mean I don't spend a lot of time interacting in the dark because I do believe for myself and exposure therapy.
Speaker 2: So I just like will walk into dark rooms and be like, oh, I'm scared, but we'll be scared.
Speaker 1: That's really great of you. That's exposure to therapy, babe.
Speaker 2: Truly, we're practicing.
Speaker 3: But this got me thinking about is this the first step to nocturnal societies? Not bear with me, Okay, Dubai is not the only place that it's so hot for people to function in the daytime, they've had to make extreme adjustments. I stopped over in Kata like two years ago, and it was so hot outside that there were bus stops.
Speaker 2: With air conditioning whoall like outside.
Speaker 3: Outside, and you could also walk into them like old school payphones CoA. Which kind of feels like it's exacerbating the problem. But at this point, we recognize that we've kind of reached the tipping point when it comes to climate change and saving the world.
Speaker 2: Not to be a fearmongerer, but.
Speaker 3: I thought, Okay, it's gonna get to the point where we have to make some real adjustments to our lifestyles because we can't live with the things that have gone poorly right, Like, we can't just live in the heat. It's actually impossible. So we'll become a nocturnal society. What would be the hardest part about that? I know, I started doing some research. Yes, because I love vamporism. You do think, is this the first step towards vamporism us just living at night? That feels close enough. But I was thinking, Okay, Cicadian rhythms, people, we really do rely on a Cicadian rhythm, natural sunlights, let our body know when it's time to be up, when it's time to be not up. But we can make simulated sunshine. I'm sure the astronauts do it when they go to Mars all the time. You got the vitamin D tablets, Yeah, we've got that. That'll be easy. I think going to work and going to school would be chill. I just think if we can't function in the day, then we have less time for the night.
Speaker 1: So you're advocating for a nighttime society because.
Speaker 2: Of the heat, Well, I think it would just be the first step.
Speaker 1: I hadn't thought of those little stop gap while the everything gets sorted out.
Speaker 2: Truly, I just feel as though it's gonna get hard for us to just live in the day. But things thing to change. What happens to farming, You.
Speaker 1: Gotta farming doors, hydroponic hothouse, nice little bit, you know, government take it a bit back, doing a little bit of weed growing. Take it back.
Speaker 3: If people weren't adjusting, they honestly would just get picked off one by one. I think our bodies would soon evolve because I imagine there'll be people with certain types of body chemistry DNA that could adjust really well to nighttime living night hours being one.
Speaker 1: Of them people like us.
Speaker 3: Yes, So imagine after one hundred years of living at night the people who have evolved and had children are those who had the DNA or the chemistry that could adjust. Well, what was the next generation exactly? What would the next generation have that we currently don't have night vision?
Speaker 1: Night vision?
Speaker 2: How many generations until we have night vision?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, because cats and stuff do.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited everyone. You keep it front of mind. I will write a book about it one day, hopefully in the next three years.
Speaker 1: I don't know, FLEXI. What's the etiquette around following or unfollowing somebody? I'll give you a little hypothetical story.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: You're at a social event and you meet someone, get along with them pretty well straight off the bat. Midway through the night, they start pissing you. They start doing things that you find annoying, and you decided, actually don't want to be socially moored socially tired to this individual. However, you have already followed them. How soon after the party or the social gathering can you unfollow them without them being offended?
Speaker 2: Well, it's just that's two separate questions.
Speaker 3: Oh, how long after can you unfollow them immediately without them being offended.
Speaker 2: That's not up to you.
Speaker 3: If you really cared about offending them or not offending them, then you wouldn't be unfollowing them. It's always gonna be perceived as offensive, even if you're not big on social or does it matter to you, or it was an accident. Remember one time I used I was trying to clear up my followers list because I didn't like my algorithm.
Speaker 2: Oh whilst I was back.
Speaker 3: In like twenty nineteen, when we're like, oh, the algorithm's not chronological and I wasn't just I wasn't seeing my friends and I wasn't seeing people that I interacted with. So it's like, let me just get one of those apps. And I have friends, I have friends who use unfollowing apps, a track who follows them. I just wanted to clear out people that I wasn't engaging with, right, So I was like, let me clear out because when I would see content I didn't like, I wouldn't do anything about it, So like, let me just clear out people I haven't engaged with. But the option was like people you haven't engaged with and haven't engaged with you in the last I don't know, six months or something.
Speaker 2: So it unfollows a lot of people on my behalf.
Speaker 3: Why the next morning my best friends are getting messages from other friends being like, Hey, what's what's flex's problem with me?
Speaker 2: She's unfollowed me because of what.
Speaker 3: So the point is you can do it immediately after, and I think you should make a point I would say, better Yet, we've got to be better at trying to address poor behavior without being or feeling confrontational.
Speaker 2: True, that's a beautiful skill, and it's really difficult to do.
Speaker 1: It is hard to do.
Speaker 3: It's not always necessary. But I feel like sometimes you just fend for yourself and like do the unfollow and then never open their messages.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: I think that's a really great approach. And then on the other hand, it's a really beautiful skill to be like, ooh, I don't love that.
Speaker 1: And I don't love that, but is that my problem?
Speaker 3: Well, just so they know, so you can you can have context for your future behavior when they realize that you aren't interested in maintaining a friendship, they can circle back to, oh, there was that pivotal moment where I said something and for me didn't respond.
Speaker 2: Well, that was probably it.
Speaker 1: Beautifully done flex per as per.
Speaker 2: This is flex and Rooms.
Speaker 1: I'm Kaita. Kim Kardashian Kimberly Noel Kardashian for those playing along at home, is an actress, an actress. She recently was on American Horror Story.
Speaker 2: Did you see that coming? Really? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: American Horror Stories is like whether people that aren't actors go to start acting in good ways? Like Lady Yaga won an Oscar for American Horror Story from her playing a witch in it. I'm pretty sure whoa an Oscar or a golden globe. Anyway, she won some prestigious award. Kim Kardashian is an American Horror Story. I haven't watched it yet, but I read an article that said, oh my god, she was actually good, and I thought that's a bit shady. Do you think Kim Kardashian is underestimated? Yeah? You think she always been?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And why do you reckon that?
Speaker 2: Is? People hate women?
Speaker 3: No, it's just for all the reasons that exists now, Like, I don't think people can fathom that one person.
Speaker 2: Can be excellent.
Speaker 3: I think excellence is really hard people to stomach, even when it doesn't come in a package that you want to see it in, Like, we really make a lot of room for sports excellence, for like academic excellence.
Speaker 1: And what about Instagram excellence? Huh, I'll give you that one. I really want to watch it. Do you watch American Horror Story?
Speaker 2: I haven't watched it since the first season. It's a bit of me.
Speaker 3: I'm just really not good at keeping up with watching full series and paying attention.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've never watched the ones that have the full series. I watch the standalone episodes and they send me into what some would refer to as a depression.
Speaker 2: Would you refer to it as a depress? Okay?
Speaker 1: But really like American Horror Story is like so entertaining but also makes me really sad and scared. So weird combo. Yeah, Kim Kardashian, do you think that she thought she would become an actor?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: I don't know, because I always see one of my favorite videos of her. Well, that's a lie. It's not a.
Speaker 2: Favorite, but a video that I know is a video you saw one time.
Speaker 1: I've seen the timetime in but it always piques my interest. Is when she's like thirteen and she's at a party. Do you know the one she's a little bob and she's like, my name's Kimbrilliant, I'm going to be famous and down dada and then she starts dancing.
Speaker 2: I don't know that one.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like her birthday party and she's like, I'm going to be famous and da dada, and then she went and did it. Like I know, we've spoken about the Kardashians previously, and you're like, especially about North and kind of being like her being online and stuff is like another marketing tool. Do you think that, like from the beginning, there's been this master plan or do you think the Kardashian's is just good at like taking opportunities.
Speaker 3: I'm sure the master plan started somewhere, if not with Chris, before Chris, with Robert, where how to be business minded, how to capitalize.
Speaker 2: How to be opportunistic.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that was like in the fabric of that family structure, But I don't think they would have imagined it'd be possible without seeing Kim's like meteoric rise from being an assistant or like a professional friend to building an empire and bring her whole family up along with it.
Speaker 2: With a replicable strategy. Babes.
Speaker 1: You must admit it's pretty amazing. I'm very excited to watch American horror stories with her in it. The review said that like some of her lines are a bit wooden, you know, because she's not like a trained actor, but it kind of adds to it because her character is like a publicity, like a pr maven I'm pretty sure, which I thought was also an interesting casting. I love it.
Speaker 3: If you've been paying attention to anything I've said over the last six weeks to six months, you would know that I'm campaigning for a matriarchal society. Some said it was impossible that would be so fast, rooms that it wasn't possible. So those who don't really understand a matriarchy, yes, we should start with what a patriarchy is. It's a system of society or government in which men hold the power and women are largely excluded from it. Now, people say, well, what is a matriarchy the opposite for starters. Sure, I don't mind that, but I think that it is.
Speaker 2: It's a slave triarchy.
Speaker 3: It's a slavetriarchy. It is a fallacy to say a matriarchy is just patriarchy with women at the head. It's just it's not It wouldn't be because we would do things differently. For example, the eight hour work day is heavily based on the way that a man hormones work right, And so if we were making a matriarchy that was considerate that women have a twenty eight to thirty day home modal cycle, what would work look like?
Speaker 1: Then I wouldn't be here.
Speaker 2: What would work will look like? What would communities look like?
Speaker 3: From the research I've done, and there's not a lot on matriarchies because I guess it takes a lot to think creatively about something that doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: That's so extreme.
Speaker 3: If we can't think about anything about capitalism, how do you think we feel about patriarchy? But one thing that comes to be is that in a matriarchy we operate on a needs base first, So the way that we manage what is important and what is not important is what do people need?
Speaker 2: They need shelter, they need food, they need a good.
Speaker 3: Quality of life, how they need hugs, they need exercise, they need therapy, they need community, And those would.
Speaker 2: Be the priorities.
Speaker 3: And then the FBI agent in my device said I've got something for you. I started watching this TV show called The Power and the thing with Me and TV. It's background noise power. I put it on when I'm doing other stuff, and rarely at that. Who would get such a I have a beautiful TV babe, a beautiful Samsung frame, beautiful gold gilded frame. I rarely use it, why because TikTok exists. But as I've been thinking what would society look like with women at the head? I come across this show The Power. It starts Tony Collette, and it's in this fictional reality, suddenly women develop a mysterious new ability to electrocute at will. Leads is like this extraordinary global reversal of the power balance, and so from teenagers, I think thirteen year olds to sixty year olds all have this power. It's sort of talking about a world where literal teenage girls have had to develop another organ which conducts electricity as a biological and evolutionary response to the inherent danger women experience. Like our bodies are literally going to evolve to protect us.
Speaker 1: I mean, why has it not happened already.
Speaker 3: Let's not give anyone any ideas, but the point is in this show, it's like you look at the way people interact with women now, and they're scared in the show. In the show, they're scared and they're fearful and they're suspicious, and you know, men are suddenly being like, I don't want to go to women's only venues. That's really scary to I don't want to go to schools where women are the predominant gender. I don't want to be in space where there's heaps of women. That's that's inherently dangerous to me. I feel unsafe, I said, Oh, I.
Speaker 1: Love something so crazy to imagine literally, like I'm giggling literally, but keep saying.
Speaker 3: When I've had conversations with friends about this matriarchy concept, I say, before you even get to power structure and politics, I'm surprised now why people aren't fearful of women. The women I know are so powerful, even if they don't feel it, the lengths that they go through to shield the world from the vengeance that they have, the wrath that they have.
Speaker 2: People are not ready the women. We are ready.
Speaker 1: Talk to me tsunami like explosion.
Speaker 2: My legs are swinging. And of course everyone can come, not all men, babe. I've got a few favorites of mine that will come along. Fear not, but just know the tides are changing, he said.
Speaker 1: It's fine, it's fun.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, Tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.