Speaker 1: Well the rest of the world.
Speaker 2: What goes on in this hour stays in this hour.
Speaker 1: Even the boss doesn't listen.
Speaker 2: Ladies, gentlemen, welcome to the Christian o'connel for refor Show.
Speaker 1: Good morning, It's the Christian O'Connor Ratfort Show. Two minutes past six Friday morning. The long weekend is on us, everybody. We've made it to the end of the week. Good morning, Patsy, Hey, how are you going? Yeah, I'm good. Do you know what? Good morning, Jerk, Good morning. Last night we had our first movie club over the year. We screened Anchorman at Wits and VIC Gardens and it was lovely to meet people that came down to be with them with some popcorn. But as I was leaving, saying, perhaps you then had to you had to drive all the way back to weerribe Yeah. I felt bad, but you could have stayed at ours or just stayed at work.
Speaker 3: Oh that's all right. No, it took me, like, I don't know, thirty five minutes. It was a good one last night.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yeah, well you can get back to Weerribee from Abbotsford.
Speaker 3: Ye took the tunnel.
Speaker 4: Pat's be honest about how excited you got. When one of the straight teamers last night, we're saying where they get their little T shirts from.
Speaker 1: There's a cupboard in here where they get the gold T shirt? Is that? What is? A've always fancied one? And she said there's also a little bed in there.
Speaker 3: Is that where the bed is? I didn't work it out.
Speaker 4: And then Pat's got so excited because she can sleep in the city. I guess when you knock off.
Speaker 1: From a night. But she'd be checking in with her husband, Chris. I don't think it's some couples. Okay, talking about coming in from Weerriby. Do you remember a couple of days ago when we were giving away tickets and we spoke to a lovely lady from Geelong, Jess Jess Patsy said she would meet her at the BP garage and give her a lift in. I remember an arrangement. I met Jess yesterday, So did you?
Speaker 3: So did I?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she turned up at the BP garage as arranged. You left her there as you did. She was joking, No, she told me she was. I saw afterwards she was still going on about it.
Speaker 4: If you were going to do that and you said you would, Yeah, we were all there.
Speaker 1: We all heard it. I suppose she came up to me again. Seriously, education what I was joking? I did go there. She didn't have to ring her fella stop it. She did not, I swear she did. That's what she told me.
Speaker 3: No, I feel awful.
Speaker 1: You need saying this now because we spoke about this yesterday there and you didn't give a rats Banjo thought her joking. Get out of it, you big old media flake.
Speaker 3: I seriously thought she was. Was she serious? Yes, Oh that is awful.
Speaker 1: We've lost a listener. You need this weekend, You're going to find me a brand new listener. Jess didn't listen to us anymore. She hears your news. She's gonna fill up toxic.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Jess.
Speaker 1: The big documentary about this leaving radio land and all about you.
Speaker 4: Oh that's awful.
Speaker 1: She was furious, and you don't mess I'll tell you one thing I've learned since movie. You don't mess with song from channels. She was ready to kick off with somebody what I called jailhouse tats. She looks like she'd done time, especially.
Speaker 3: If she's from like Norline or Krio. Maybe I'd better be careful.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I suppose your ties were all up yesterday when you try to work, get out of there all right. Then coming up next I take you through this morning show. We got a big one for you. Also, we're counting down your top you've been voting for the last week, your top eighty of the eighties. From nine o'clock this morning, five minutes past six, Good morning, the.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: On today's show, then Lachel this morning. We want to talk to you if you ever had a cartoon injury. If you don't know what I mean, I'll tell you more after half seven this morning. Yesterday Jack asked me to come and help him move some plants. Now, when someone says move some plants, you think you know, you pick it up under your arm. A plant, a small little thing that you have on a desktop, in a pot. Yes, we were around to Andy Lee's and there were two trees. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, to be fair, he sent me a photo of the plants and in the photo there's no humans, so you can't A proportion can actually look like you know, as long as less shorter than your arm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But when we turned up they were what six foot plus? Easy, Now it's not The height wasn't a problem. Oh wait, I'm talking about They were in their pots were about what thirty or forty kilos. Then some kind of base they were sat inside that was another one thousand kilos concrete base. And then I actually lugged them after the show, lugged him on the top of your ute.
Speaker 4: Thank you for helping.
Speaker 1: You're not seeing that scene with Dars and Maguire somewhere else in Richmond. What we had to do yesterday, I couldn't believe.
Speaker 4: It's very humbling for both of us, but more you.
Speaker 1: And also there appeared to be no plan. How you You're just going to chuck them on the ute and drive them back to Coburg Pats. He had no idea.
Speaker 3: So what did you do? You literally lifted them up over the lip of the ute into the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then he was just going to drive and put some string around them and his head off like those people you see on the dash Caromel Australia where the voice of goes and look at this idiot, you know, and there's plants are sort of battling around at a bit and dumb and dumber. Where the dogs are, fly are out. Our dugs are everywhere in your travel news today.
Speaker 3: Did he make you sit in the back and juggle them?
Speaker 1: No, he didn't know what it was. There was no kind of plan.
Speaker 4: No, thank you for helping me strap it properly, because I was going to just wrap it around a branch and he was like, that, will just step off around.
Speaker 3: The I was to fly on the wall to see this.
Speaker 1: It was like a lotl and hardy sketch that was going to work out how to move these things yesterday, also on today's show. Then I read this with interest. Right, I was talking about the top ten little pleasures in life, because sometimes the little pleasures they're the big pleasures, aren't they? Little stuff is the big stuff for me. A little pleasure in life that makes a big difference. Brand new socks or underwear. Yeah, I start the day rocking a new pair of socks or underwear that's fresh. I just feel great already. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't have to be brand new out of the packet.
Speaker 1: That's not what you mean. No, I washed them. I don't wear it straight out the packet. No, no, just that. But when you know the brand, you never warm before socks or underwear stuff like that. That's a tiny little pleasure, but a big joy for me.
Speaker 4: Oh, change socks midway through the day sometimes because I love that feeling.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, oh god, that's a game change. I've never thought about that. See.
Speaker 3: I think an old pair of jocks is better because you've worn them in and they sort of form to all your bumps.
Speaker 1: Do you guys do this? Do you have clothes that you wear inside the house? Yes? Yeah. See I used to observe my dad do this right, He wouldn't even talk to us. You come in from work, you go upstairs, put his inside pants on, come back down and go how I kids? Right? And I also to think, what strange dude. Now, first thing I do, go upstairs, put on the inside and I actually, as I'm putting them on, I actually got oh god, that's better. Right.
Speaker 4: Tell me if you do this as well, they never come off like it's when you're in the inside clothes. Yes, and you say you have to run to the supermarket, I'll go to be like, oh, I've got the tracksuit pants on.
Speaker 1: A like as if they can't go their perish somehow, I can't go into the big world in these inside but putting on those inside tracksuit pants? Do you think even the Pope has some of those when he's had a day blessing you know, sick people, and then he goes indoors and he just puts his tracksuit pants on and puts his feet up and watches Netflix.
Speaker 4: Especially because the roads must be so uncomfortable. They don't look cozy. They don't look cozy. Do they look hot? The layers? Too many layers there as well?
Speaker 1: All right, one of the little pleasures little joys in life? For you, I take you through the top ten next nine four one four one oh four three nine four one four one o four three. What are the little pleasures in your life that bring a huge amount of joint Give us a cool nine four one four one o four three The Christian.
Speaker 5: O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three For.
Speaker 1: You, what are the little pleasures in life? Big servis just announce what are the top ten of life's little pleasures? Another one for me is the smell of my dog's head. I just adore that. I'll always have a sniffet before I leave to go to work. There's a smell that a head has. I don't even know how to describe it. There aren't words in the beautiful English language to describe what that smell is. And also where do you stand on the smell of a wet dog? I'm a big fan.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I love it. A damp dog. No, I wish I could buy a candle that just said damp dog. I buy that every day, that candle.
Speaker 4: What why is that? Like when you do a fart and you sniff a far.
Speaker 1: Wet dog, you know, whether they' be in the sea or river and the out they shake off, they got to smell about them. Yeah, that's not stinky. That's a great one, all right. Then one of life's little pleasures for you give us called nine four one four one four three Elizabeth, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Happy fantastic Friday before a long weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeay, happy fantastic Friday to you as well, Lizzie. What's a little joy in life for you?
Speaker 6: Fresh clean sheets that have been dried in the sun and the wind shower and bed.
Speaker 1: God, yeah, you're taking us there now.
Speaker 6: Definitely the most amazing feeling.
Speaker 1: Is, isn't it?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: When and also when you haven't got to make the bed yourself. You just get into bed and the sheets are all there.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I enjoy making the bed. That's really part of the preparation.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh no, no no. Can you come around and do mine then? Twice a week because I can't stand.
Speaker 6: Only if I can watch Call the Midwife.
Speaker 1: With she'd love that because I'm not watching it with her.
Speaker 6: That's all right, that's all right. I met her once in Your Beautiful Girls, so it was lovely to meet them.
Speaker 1: Ah great, Okay, what we wulled out for a dog walk? Or where was that? No?
Speaker 6: I can't say where I met them because that's where I work.
Speaker 1: Interesting, are you part privacy?
Speaker 6: Anyway, have a wonderful, wonderful day. I've now got to go out and shine the light on the bloody possums on the roof.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, if you go, you go do that? Is that one of life little joys. I have a lovely long weekend.
Speaker 6: Thank you you too, lovely to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Goodbye everyone, Bye bye, exit stage left, Bye bye everyone. Let's end every show like that. Bye bye everyone.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three so last week we had the great Peter Logan was on the show. When he was on showing is wisdom with us, he he started to talking about some of the some of the things he still wants to do, and he mentioned this, and I want to enjoy it. I want to jump out of a plane. I want to do things.
Speaker 4: I'd love to ask you for the bad parachute.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Today's today, He's going to do it. Peter Logan, Good morning, morning gang.
Speaker 8: Are you doing Christian Jack? Pats? Thanks for letting me stay over last night too, Pats, I would have had to drive for an hour at the morning.
Speaker 3: It was a joy to spoon with.
Speaker 5: Your Peepe.
Speaker 8: Got a little bit creepy when I heard the stranger danger being whispered in me.
Speaker 1: Hey, Peter, thanks for coming on last night to the movie Club. It was lovely to see you there as well.
Speaker 8: It was a great night. Thanks very much for having me along and to meet some of the listeners and even share a couple of stories with some of them, which was really good. A great time.
Speaker 1: Listen Tarmy, what is happening at seven o'clock some morning? Tell all of us what's happening at seven o'clock. What are you doing?
Speaker 8: So we're out here in it looks like Mick Taylor's territory. Actually we're out in the middle of nowhere. It's a little bit scary. It's not quite light yet. There are a couple of what I would describe as free wheell tandem by well, not even tandem. They're side by side bikes with massive industrial fans strapped to the back of them and a parachute trailing along along behind. So the concept here is that the boys power up the industrial fan, you get a little bit of momentum drive, and this parachute fills with air, and all of a sudden, we're up.
Speaker 1: In the sky, those magnificent men and the flying machines. A little like that.
Speaker 8: It's a little like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so, Pete.
Speaker 4: The car goes up in the sky as well, or you just the car drives along and then you float at the back like a like you're windsailing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I guess he doesn't want to answer questions for me.
Speaker 1: I think he's been taken up in the here right now, Peter, they fight up the fence. What a cliffhanger. As it start to know he's gone we're trying try and get pizza back.
Speaker 5: Headlines on the Way, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three On this.
Speaker 1: Day, Mystery on this day. Welcome to On this day Mystery. For today we're heading to the start of the long weekend. March eighth, the sixty seventh day of the year, which means they're only two hundred and ninety eight. Found a new website. All right, Jackson charged you it this morning, and I'm going.
Speaker 4: To use it every day now you Joys fastally eight. First and notable mention of something we all use on this day. In three twenty one, the year three twenty one, Roman Emperor Constantine I, known as Constantine the Great, decreed that Sunday should be observed as a universal day of rest. So he pretty much invented chilling out on a Sunday.
Speaker 1: But now everywhere is open. Years ago, when we were kids, supermarkets they're all shut on a Sunday. You can go to any of the high street stores are now everywhere is open.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's a shame, but I mean country towns are still where you grew up paths. Would they still be closed on a Sunday.
Speaker 3: Ah, yeah, predominantly Adelaide as well. That closes at like one o'clock on a Saturday afternoon. We went there one weekend and there was nothing to do. Everything was closed.
Speaker 1: I went there the other weekend before Christmas and it seemed very lively and wide open on a Saturday afternoon. Where'd you get that old nonsense from? Why would people in Adelaide just want to shut up everything at one in the afternoon?
Speaker 4: Tom, who's our camera man, He's from Adelaide.
Speaker 1: Tom just close up shop at one in the afternoon. News here making up Monday. Right, Well, I went there Tom. To quote Pats newsreader on the show, Adelaide just packs up at one o'clock on Saturday afternoon. Tom doesn't at five pm, but it definitely packs up about then. You can't do much after that, but you still go out and eat and drink, can't you wait?
Speaker 4: It packs up five o'clock on a Saturday. So Sunday's closed everything pretty much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much Sundays there's not much going on. Well, and path News thank you sixty seventh day of the year with Twoey. I just want to go back to the heydays on this link.
Speaker 4: Today's question. In nineteen eighty on this day, we Are the World was released. The question is name at least five artists who participated in the song.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a great one. Was like a who's who the American recording artist?
Speaker 4: At least twenty in there?
Speaker 1: Bonus point if you remember the video and who had their headphones upside down singing? So they do want upset their hair? Really, I can literally visualize. I could sit now in the video when it's when it pans and all the who's whom American recording artists who did that song, and there was one person that had their headphones on under their chin, so obviously they't want to upset their hair.
Speaker 4: All right, if you can get the bonus, we'll give you a bud.
Speaker 1: All right, give us the cool lines rope. And now, so we're looking for at least five people we are Well, yeah, the.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three this morning, on on this day in mystery taking us back in time is Jack Boast on this day mystery on this day, JP, what's the question today? In nineteen eighty five, the song we Are the World was released.
Speaker 4: Here's a little bit of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a who's who of all your favorite recording artists. Remember the video stem in the studio.
Speaker 4: If you can name five or more of the artists involved, you win a mug.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the big show. Let's go to is that Faye? Yes? Hi, Good morning, Faye. How are you? How's your week? Good?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Excellent? Well, okay, let's se if you can name five of the people who sung on We Are the World?
Speaker 6: Okay, George Michael.
Speaker 4: I don't see George Michael.
Speaker 1: No, he did do a band aid. Do they know It's Christmas Time? Which is the first one? They're the Americans like everything copied. Oh well, okay, that's where I keep going.
Speaker 9: I was gonna say, George Michael, Boy George, that was live.
Speaker 4: A I don't think boy George, Yeah, they both, Yeah, they did.
Speaker 1: Don't they know is Christmas? They would they did do that?
Speaker 10: Ah got the song we Stop?
Speaker 1: That's right. Name three more people from the eighties. You'll probably get one of them, right, all right. Cyndi Lafer I think she was there. Yeah, yeah, Lionel Richie, yep, I think he co wrote. Diana Ross pretty sure she was there.
Speaker 4: Yes, so you got three out of five, but you don't get a mug.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a mug anyway, fair right?
Speaker 6: Ah well ah, thank you.
Speaker 1: You have a nice weekend.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Emily, Emily, Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, welcome to you know, Emily's on the road. Emily. Can you name five of the artists that sung on We Are the World?
Speaker 10: I think so because I can picture the video.
Speaker 8: Yeah, go ahead, Lionel, Richie.
Speaker 10: Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles.
Speaker 4: And Tina Turner.
Speaker 1: All right. The only one I'm not sure about Stevie one. Stevie one was deaf he sung on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Stevie Wonder's in there, yes.
Speaker 1: Ray Charles as well, Ray Charles. Wow, that's incredible. They've got them more to do that I seek.
Speaker 11: The person that has the ear finds upside down.
Speaker 1: With correct you get two bugs, one for each hand. That's why Emmon enjoyed the long weekends.
Speaker 5: Thank you, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three, maze it up in Yesterday, Trump made another Trump boo boo. This one is fantastic though, so he was doing some kind of joint speech with Tim Cook. Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple, and what does Trump he say?
Speaker 12: We appreciate it very much, Tim Apple.
Speaker 1: Now if you or I make that mistake, yeah, of course. Okay, he's the leader of the free world. He's supposed to be the smartest guy in the world.
Speaker 12: We appreciate it very much, Tim Apple.
Speaker 1: Tim Apple, because he works for Rapple and he's Tim so Tim Apple. So think a kid would say.
Speaker 12: If we appreciate it very much, Tim Apple.
Speaker 1: I just can't get enough of this clip.
Speaker 12: We appreciate it very much, Tim Apple.
Speaker 1: It's a thing of joy. It's a thing of joy.
Speaker 4: I watched the vision as well to see Tim Cook's face when Donald Trump says.
Speaker 1: Tim Apple because he joking, because he called me Tim Apple.
Speaker 12: We appreciate it very much, Tim Apple.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's run with this this morning. Let's all give ourselves our Donald Trump name. So I reckon, you need your your first name, your Christian name, and then you add it to the name of the company you work for. So Tim Cook works for Apple becomes.
Speaker 12: We appreciate it very much, Tim Apple.
Speaker 1: All right. So I'm Christian gold one oh four point three. If I met Donnie you'd be I'd be Jack Hamish and Ani podcast. What you are unbelievable? It please you more.
Speaker 4: I would be Jack the Christian ecconol Breakfast Show, Slash Hey, Miss Patsy, I'd be pet.
Speaker 1: Son Outgoing Gold one of four point is.
Speaker 3: In ir in Australian Ready on netwix.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right, so give us a call. Then let's hear your Donald Trump name. So it's your Christian name added to the company you work for. That'll be your surname, all right? Nine four one four one oh four three, nine four one four, one oh four three. Matthew Ward to break my stride get a great one hit wonder from the eighties. From nine o'clock on the show we start to count down your top eighty of the eighties.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump managed to mangle Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple, and called him this.
Speaker 12: We appreciate it very much, Tim Apple.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's who remembers everybody just with the company they worked for their first name, which actually just makes it a bit easier. Maybe he's onto something.
Speaker 12: We appreciate it very much. Tim Apple.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's play along with this what Donnie's done, and let's get your Trump name, so it's you Christian name, and then your surname becomes the company you work for. So Kevin, good morning, Good morning, Christian. There are you going? So who am I talking to? Kevin? My name is Kevin. Out of Space Trump would love that one, Kevin outer Space. Yes, I'll work for a company called out of Space Design because it's out of this world. But the prices aren't.
Speaker 4: What does the company do, Kevin?
Speaker 1: We're a product development company in Abbotsford, just product designed all the ranger stuff. Do you know what when I hear abbots Ord my heart jumps At the moment, I've got to wait until eleven o'clock today when a pub opened to Abbotsford. I think I dropped my wallet in there yesterday, credit card to credit cards and my driver's license. What hope have I got Abbotsford Of getting that returned, I'll have to go to all the pubs in Abbotsford and try and find it for you. Christian, could you knock on the door of the terminus and ask if someone's handed in my little wallet with it all in there? My life is in and literally I'm waiting until they open up later on this morning. All right, Kevin, out of space, Thanks you cool buddy, having a nice long weekend. Thank you on you tube. Bye bye now, Kevin. Jason, why forst? Name is Jason?
Speaker 13: My last name's on.
Speaker 1: Times, Jason on Time. Yeah, now I'm getting the company on time deliveries.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 1: Bang, sounds like.
Speaker 4: A cool like spy name.
Speaker 1: Jason on time, Yeah, Jason Bourne, James Bond, Jason on time, always always on time.
Speaker 13: Pardon'd be all right if we're always on time.
Speaker 1: I don't think the company will. Who now called Jason, former employee of on Time. Hey Jason, have a good weekend. Thank you, bye bye now, Jason. Uh. Kathy, good morning, Good morning guys. Okay, we're talking.
Speaker 6: To Kathy, Kathy.
Speaker 1: Lion. You work for Werribe Zoo.
Speaker 9: No, not not even close, Lion.
Speaker 1: The beer, Yes, the beer.
Speaker 9: The big global beer company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Megacore. And what do you do for them?
Speaker 9: I'm in sales operations, so I support all the sales guys who go out and sellow our fantastic beer. And one of them, I think you love Christian just surfy.
Speaker 1: Oh never ever ever feel bad about sending me any free persons. Okay, all right, don don don done, excellent, excellent, excellent. Okay, Kathy Lyne, you have a great weekend.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, keep this coming. Then nine four one four one o four three So Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. Oh Maady Trump, he is on a classic yesterday.
Speaker 12: We appreciate it very much.
Speaker 1: Tim Apple, Tim Apple, the chief exec Tim Cook of Apple in Trump World, Tim Apple.
Speaker 12: We appreciate it very much, Jim Apple.
Speaker 1: So we're trying to give you a Trump name today by you get your first name, your Christian name, and then the surname is just a company you work for. High Christian my name. So when Donald Trump World is Michael connecting to Australia. Another one here, Christian, I'm Misty Ventura.
Speaker 4: Oh, I like that's actually sounds like a bit of a adult.
Speaker 1: I was about to say that with the P word. Then your self edited yourself. Well done. Someone who's not editing them myself today is Patsy.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 1: Now come on, she is off the chain. The thing that you just talked to Jack and I about about a naughty dream has made this Pommy blush.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 3: Yep, the drawbridge has gone up, eased up all my lives in the studio.
Speaker 1: All right, thet's got a Paul, Come on in, Paul.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Christian. I'm Paul Solid.
Speaker 1: Paul, Solid Yes, solid okay.
Speaker 13: Solid solid Civil solo.
Speaker 7: That's earth moving in civil company.
Speaker 1: It is simply called solid Yeah.
Speaker 7: Solid Civil solutions. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let the earth move for you with solid Yes. Do you know what do you think that we should start writing some of the station's adverts live.
Speaker 4: Some of them are stinker so I think.
Speaker 1: You mean on other stations here on Gold one of three the adverts O world class. I've never heard of stinker here, I know. Mister Jack Post, sorry about that. Pool and all the advertisers all right, and doctor Harry and all the other lovely advertisers. That's good to Martin, Christian. It's Martin and Dan Jane best one. Yeah, Trump would love that one. We appreciate it very much, Jim Apple, Martin, Martin Nan, Dan Jane. Yes, what was that? Because at first I think the Nan are thinking about Indian food, a lovely pesary Nan, and then I've got Dan Ja.
Speaker 13: We do agricultural irrigation in India.
Speaker 8: It's from Indian as well.
Speaker 1: Ah, right now I get it. That's amazing Martin and Dan Jane best one we're going to get this morning. That's a great one. Martin. You have a great long weekend, buddy. Oh mate you too, thank you? Uh? Lynn, Yes, Christian lies Lynn.
Speaker 10: I am Lynn from Marley Spoon.
Speaker 1: What is Marley Spoon?
Speaker 14: Marley Spoon is a company that delivers fresh meat and vegetables to your doors so you can have a meal on the table in thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay, that so why Marley Spion Mark, I'll give Fox you one. Oh that the Firfie. I'm having a great morning as well, and some solid earth moved as well. I have a great labor weekend. That's great. Lynn, thank you very much and.
Speaker 6: Call okay, thank you.
Speaker 10: Christ shouldn't have a good break up.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: All right, my producers is but rushed through into the studio said I have to speak to Kelly right now. We can't move on. Kelly. Hello, Hello, No Kelly, tell me, why do I have to take the call right now, what's happening?
Speaker 6: Because I found your driver's license and your debit cards in the back of the tax si last night.
Speaker 1: You gidding?
Speaker 13: I have?
Speaker 1: I thought i'd lost it in the pub and couldn't find it in the cinema and terrified because there's two bank cards and my vig road driver's license.
Speaker 6: Correct, So you've got in a cab last Are they in a little silver box?
Speaker 1: Yes, my little silver your little silver waller, not one you made out al foil? Is it?
Speaker 4: Why you hadn't wrapped?
Speaker 1: H So we found it in a taxi last night.
Speaker 9: And then we went out for dinner, and we did try.
Speaker 1: To use one of the cards. Yeah, paying your bills.
Speaker 6: We've thought about it. But no, No, they're interested and ready to come back to you.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you're holding them to ransom. Is this a ransom card?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: No ransom, No ransom.
Speaker 1: Where are you? We need to be reunited.
Speaker 6: I am in thank you at the moment.
Speaker 1: Oh you're not far at all. Okay, well listen stand the line. I'll get your details. But thank you so much. I was wondering if if anyone would actually hand them in and be honest enough to do that. It restores your faith in mankind.
Speaker 6: So thank you we did a good deed.
Speaker 1: Ah, do you know what, I'll sort you out with a findest fee as well. No, that's fine, it's only your marg but thank you. It's a great mug. It's a great marg in exchange for the bank cards and driver's license as well. All right, thank you very much, Kelly.
Speaker 6: Good day.
Speaker 1: That is amazing. So Kelly must have seen it, and then she must be a listener. No, maybe you just are you gonna know?
Speaker 3: Your posters are all like town.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't mean everyone cares.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you match the billboard to the guy in the life.
Speaker 1: All right, this is Kimie Fisher. Love changes everything. Thank you very much. Kelly is seven thirty one on Gold one I four point three. I actually feel instantly cheered up. You know, when you lose your cars, it's to hassle and cancel them, getting new ones and then having to slep out of vict Rhodes as well. I'm happy now.
Speaker 5: Everyone The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So the longer I live here, the more I grow to love the long weekends. The little cheeky puppet holidays you'd like to give yourself. So I'm a big fan. When I first moved to it was it's a few too many of those. Now I'm like, there's not enough. And I've even looked through the calendar of the year and I'm like, it's a good two or three months. Well, I'm expected to work five days a week. This has got to stop. We've got a nice long labor weekend. This is brilliant. Yeah, I can't tell you what. Just a day makes an extra day to your life. Isn't that crazy? It's one extra day off.
Speaker 4: It makes wake out this morning easy?
Speaker 1: Did you find It's great, isn't it? I reckon we should start campaign for the four day week. I think everyone happier. So I want to know what is everyone up to over the labor weekend. I keep being told that I was going to be very quiet. Everyone goes away for the weekend, they go camping and whatever. What are you guys actually opped over the labor weekend.
Speaker 4: Mine's a lot more boring than that.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? My brother, Peter Logan effect, I was just evaporating my brother.
Speaker 4: I'll try and make it as exciting as possible. We stored all our stuff while we were renovating our house in my brother's bungalow.
Speaker 1: Zoning out already he's about to lost me at storing stuff. Nothing interesting ever follows the phrase storing stuff, and.
Speaker 4: The stuff that we didn't bring back into the house already still staying. Therefore, we have to go and choose what gets thrown away what we keep.
Speaker 1: Patty, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: We're going to Mumba. Audrey has been nagging us to go each year. We've never taken us. So are we're going to do it this year?
Speaker 1: I haven't been to remembering years.
Speaker 3: Brave a million people along the era busy there. Yeah, we might take a picnic. We've got a great picnic sept for Christmas. We still haven't cracked out. Oh great, So we've made all these commitments that we have to live up to.
Speaker 1: Oh great. Well, now we have a lovely weekend. What I like for me obviously looking after head and meals. My wife is recovering from knee surgery, so looking her, looking after her of the weekend and tomorrow, what a highlight I've got my diary tomorrow. My wife is obviously stir craze she's getting over from acl surgery that she had Monday and she doesn't want to go outside and got it yesterday. It's not the movie Misery. And I couldn't find her right here. She she was down in the basement, sat in the car and was like, you're not allowed to drive? What are you doing? I just wanted to test my knee on the accelerator. She's going upstairs you So she's getting stir crazy. So tomorrow she wants me to drive her to the beach, you know, mentone, and there's a lively car part there that overlooks the sea in the beach. I just won the window. She was going, do you think we could hire a wheelchair for the weekend and you can win me along the sand? I went, no, I'm not. You can't push a wheelchair on the sand.
Speaker 3: There's special ramps I think down at Sint Kilda for wheelchairs. If you want to take her down there, a good husband would.
Speaker 1: I'm not that one. So yeah, we are driving, such driving, miss Daisy. Let me just smell the c one last time. It's quite so quite. It's making me quite sad. All right, Hopefully you lot are doing more interesting stuff this long weekend, tell us what it is and why we should get you on Tuesday show when we're back to find out how it went.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Kess just emailed me at the time to chuck a cook email let me know that a half Moon Bay also has ramps if I do want to hire a wheel chair and bring the missus down there. Thanks for that, mate. Hopefully my wife isn't listening right now, all right, asking what are you up to this weekend long labor weekend, and then we will give you a call back on Tuesday show to see how you got on. Peter, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 13: Is this Christian real proper?
Speaker 1: Yes it is. Yeah, Peter, what are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 13: I'm having a private showing for forty five of my best trains of the really the Great Race at FNNY doing at an outdoor cinema to build.
Speaker 1: You've built an outdoor cinema.
Speaker 13: Build an outdoor cinema.
Speaker 1: What an amazing thing to do. So tell us about the setup, mate.
Speaker 13: Well, it's it's up about six meters in the air. It's sort of poles that they're sitting up dixt to a carport. The screen sixty six meters up in the air. It's five mothers across three meders Gate. We've got a big, kick ass public adust system that we've sort of fixed over the years. Awesome, it's under sucurme of the dictators and I've got one hundred Portney.
Speaker 1: Don't you What a great thing to do for you and your mates and Neil, you're going to be screening The Great Race.
Speaker 8: The Great Race.
Speaker 1: Now remind me of that one? Not over familiar of the Great Race released in.
Speaker 13: Nineteen sixty six Tony Turtis, Middley Wood, jeck Lemin Pitterfurt, based on the New York to Paris race.
Speaker 1: What a lineup all those legends has got to be a great movie.
Speaker 13: It is a great movie. And we always use some funny shorts before had Tonight and stuff like that, so they give a good movie.
Speaker 4: Not an't wait you put ads in your own outdoor cinema.
Speaker 1: Of course, you know what We're gonna have to come to one of these. You know, we do this movie club every three months, so we did it yesterday. It's a hoyt, but I reckon we come out to Bunny doone do a little day trip out there?
Speaker 13: Well, they go in and do one night through you if you want just have to rug up that all?
Speaker 1: Oh fantastic. Well listen, we'll give you a cool Tuesday, but enjoy have a great weekend.
Speaker 7: That it'd be great.
Speaker 13: Thanks guys, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: A cool thing to do? Uh Toelanil, Toanil. Sorry man, I didn't need to put a question mark at the end there. Welcome to the show. What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 10: Thank you the family and honor. Right now to a town called robin Vale which is on the Murray River through a water ski race.
Speaker 1: How long is the water ski race?
Speaker 10: It goes for eighty kilometers?
Speaker 1: What the arms extended in your racing? NonStop? For eighty k.
Speaker 10: Pretty much one arm goes in front and the other one goes behind you because they handles wrap around your body.
Speaker 4: Wow, how long will that take?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 10: The superclass boats, which are the fast ones, tend to go up to one hundred and twenty mile an hour, which is about one hundred and eighty kilometers an hour, and that can take about thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Sure do you get like the lactic acid? Build up and you'll get cramping in the arms.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, mainly the legs, not the arm.
Speaker 1: But how do you train for that?
Speaker 10: Just intensely pretty much all year round. There's three river races a year that this one's up at robin Vale.
Speaker 1: So this is an amazing thing. So are you competing?
Speaker 10: I'm observing for my daughter. She's twelve and she's skiing with a friend and my husband. He's behind another boat that goes much faster than ours.
Speaker 1: Wow, so your little twelve year old's doing this? Yeah, and how long does she have to go for?
Speaker 10: She goes for the same distance?
Speaker 1: What they don't they don't gear it down for the kids.
Speaker 10: No, they very much on how fast they can go. But it's not the distance.
Speaker 1: Your daughter's water skiing and I can endurance things for eighty k yes. I could just imagine a train is carrying shopping banks or something, you know, back from Cole's. Or you've got a water that's insane. I'm in awe of that. We will definitely give you a call to say good luck to your daughter and your husband. Great, thank you very much, all right, thanks you cool, Adam, Adam, you've got a heavy metal weekend heck.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, I'm going to a download testify at Flemington Park this weekend Monday.
Speaker 1: That's on the Monday, and I was seeing that as a like slayer Judas Priest.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, that's when I'm going. I wanted to go see Judas Brice as one of my favorite bands, and Tenny Wise are playing as well.
Speaker 1: And some forty one as well. I went to download because they do it in the UK UK at Donington Racecourse and I went to it once with a friend of mine is into Sleigher as well. I've never heard such noise in my life. My ears were still ringing about two weeks later.
Speaker 7: That's fantastic. If you like that, Matte, you should listen to a local Aussie band here in Melbourne called.
Speaker 1: King Parrot, King King Parrot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's scream over that. They They are fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the heads up. I'll dig it out today. I'm gonna have a I go and have a look. Thanks. Well, listen, we're catch with your Tuesday. You weren't real to hear me because your ears are going to be blowing on Monday out there at Flemington.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I'm looking forward to what I'm going to be saw as well.
Speaker 1: Tell you what I also saw as well. Look around you right when you're out there, Monday, I didn't see anyone at Donington work for this download festival that wasn't rocking double denim. It's up top and it's download. Everyone is rocking double denim. There's a lot of beers as well, not a lot of silver chains as well, a lot of tats right on.
Speaker 7: Man doesn't look out for it all.
Speaker 1: Right, Adam was speaking to Tuesday and enjoy.
Speaker 5: Too easy mate the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 1: So the next half an hour, I'm looking for nothing but your stories. But if you've ever suffered from a cartoon injury, so have you ever stood on a rake and it hit you in the face? You've been hit by ninning more, have you hit what's the other classroom on a cartoon is banging your thumb with a hammer and a big coming up slip on a banana peal, slip on a banana, piano dropped on your head and vil dropped on your foot. Yep, all right, so we got some sound effects ready for your stories. Yep, thanks Jamie soundgar got What is this one? What is that from like a bugs bunny cartoon? What exactly is How about this.
Speaker 4: One that's pie in the face.
Speaker 1: Or someone's brace is being pinged? Has that been hit on the head with something? You know when the big lump comes up? No, falling into a drum pad, pulling downstairs, a jazz band falling downstairs? This was great, all right, let's add to our list of cartoon injuries falling downstairs with a jazz band. Then there's this one. What's that really if you've been hitting the head? The rake one was always a sort of we'd have to add our own sound effects.
Speaker 4: Mate, that's almost a bow.
Speaker 1: Have the back ahead with a bow, Japanese bow. No, that's what's dropping. But it hasn't got the classic act me.
Speaker 4: No, that didn't satisfy at the end. No, that's if you fell into nothingness.
Speaker 1: Okay, So look, here's what we're going to do. We we'll just add our own sound effects for this. But we're looking for your cartoon injuries. Have you ever had a cartoon injury? Give us a call nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: All right then, so we're looking for amazing stories of you suffering from cartoon injuries. Do you think about the classic cartoon injuries? The classic rake in the face. Have you stood on a rake? It's hit you in the face. Same with the ironing board, banging your hammer, banging your thumb with a hammer, pianos on heads, anvils on foot, falling down the mine shaft, sipping on. They're getting a bit crazy now, slipping bill, we get fell down a mine shoft? What cartoon have I seen that? And has made that one up? Classic one? And bugs Bunny fall down a manhole? I guess is one? Yes, running on mine shoft as an episode of Lassie I think I'm get confused with or the Littles Hobo ninety four one four one oh four three? All right then, nessir takes and cool, we've.
Speaker 4: Been delivered one more new sound effects.
Speaker 1: He doing in there, boos. This is an episode of so part Boobs. Right, all right, let's go to the lines, and this is a chanise. Good morning Christians, Hey, good morning mate, welcome to the show. Tell us about your cartoon injury.
Speaker 11: So I work in the produce department at my local supermarket, and I slipped on the banana and nearly cracked my head on the pallet.
Speaker 1: You sipped, thank you sip, and no one would nose. It's damn you jackpots. Your jobbers always have my back. I'll go wrong. One slip to the banana skin. You say, yeah, that's not the wrong. But is it's that irritated slip to the banana skin? That is it? Slip to the banana skin, You're landing on every individual item in the produce department. That's the oberchines. So you must have really hurt yourself.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so they obviously do the free fruits for kids. And someone, one of the team members a dropped a banana skin and I didn't see it and I was just walking to talk to my manage it and I slipped on it and he quickly caught my wrists and I missed the palette. I didn't think you could do it, but you can.
Speaker 1: Humans can slip on a banana skin. This is incredible. All right, don't she call mate? You have a great weekend, you too, by Lucy. Hello, good morning, Lucy, Welcome to a show mate, And then tell us about your cartoon injury.
Speaker 11: Well, I have a cupboard above my my oven and I opened it and a pizza tray came flow?
Speaker 1: What hit you on top of the head on the bridge of.
Speaker 9: My nose.
Speaker 1: Work?
Speaker 14: I think we all, I think the children and I I think if a rumps to cry or laugh?
Speaker 1: So do you know the one that really hurts as well as when you got a cupboard open, you bend down and it hits you right in the crown? That really?
Speaker 11: Really one of those pizza troys that you know, my mum's and all, and so there's really you know, a heavy pack.
Speaker 1: Oh right, it's one of those clay ones, aren't they that you stick in the oven with the pizza on top? I know what you mean. Yeah, they wear a couple of kilos.
Speaker 10: Well I wouldn't take kilos.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I was just trying to help you out with the story. They forget screw you all right, Lucy, have an ice week can try to out someone out on International Women's Day and that's what the sisters do.
Speaker 3: I'll stop it.
Speaker 1: Your cartoon injuries nine four one four one oh four three still not one single quarter, but an anvil or piano dropping on your head.
Speaker 5: Come on, Melbourne, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: A twenty four Gold one oh four point three. Christian O'Connell here asking you have you ever suffered a cartoon injury? You know the things you see in the cartoons. You stand on the rake, in it by it hits you in the face, hammer on thumb. Still no one who's got an ironing board in the face as well, or had an anvil or piano drop on them. If you suffer for any of those, call me now nine four one four, one.
Speaker 5: Oh four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Have you ever suffered from one of these a cartoon injury? On nine four one four one four three. Let's take some more calls right now, starting with Shannon, Good morning, Hi morning, Shannon. What happened to you then? Mate?
Speaker 6: I hit my head so hard.
Speaker 10: I saw a halo of stars flying around my head.
Speaker 1: What we need is the tweety birds you know in the cartoons, little birds you start chirping. What do you hit your head playing sport? What do you hit your head on the score bench? Oh crikey, Okay, the bench right, Shannon, thank you very much, she called, I have a good weekend. Thank you, Jenny. Good morning Jenny. What happened to you, mate? Was she cartoon injury?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 14: So a couple of years ago, we were on a family trip to the Dates and we've done it. Decided to spend a couple of days in Monument Valley and I talked my family into a three hour horse ride through the monument. And I was the only one with horse riding experience. So We've got to the yard to mount up, and I had a backpack on and I've jumped up on my horse and gone straight over the other side, landed on my back.
Speaker 9: I was like a turtle.
Speaker 14: My next the airy absolutely wetting themselves laughing, including myself.
Speaker 1: I just couldn't get up to awful in your land on your bumbum? That Cockxi's that bone there, isn't it.
Speaker 14: I was flat on my back with backpack and Malie like.
Speaker 1: A little turtle, a little beetle. Yes, it's a good look.
Speaker 14: Oh this wasn't very glamorous, I can tell you, Jenny.
Speaker 1: That's a great story well told. Thank you for you cool mate. You enjoy the long weekend. All right, Jenny. That's tra We finally found what I've been looking for here, Harrison. Hello, I'm going to Harrison. I've been waiting for this story, my friend. You're going to close this out for us now, Harrison, tell us what you can'ton injury.
Speaker 14: I got home from work one day and I'm looking.
Speaker 13: In the backyard for some scrap copper and then over as a rake on the ground.
Speaker 9: Some leaves are covering it.
Speaker 13: I've just stepped on the rake.
Speaker 8: It's gone up, hit me in the head and it was caught on the security cameras.
Speaker 4: Send us the food.
Speaker 1: Please, I'll pay you money for that, buddy. That's a great We've got to see this.
Speaker 8: I'll send you the video.
Speaker 13: It is the funniest thing. And I've never had so much pain and shock.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry for your pain, but it is making me laugh this morning. Okay, Harrison, Good, okay, buddy, thanks to sharing that. You have a good weekend, no too.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Patsy's been saying nine o'clock swarning on the Breakfast show. Last hour the show today, we're counting down from eighty backwards. You've been voting for the last week. Your favorite songs are the eighties. We get from eighty down of slim Pepkins and some great stuff in there. I give us the stinky ones. Chris, who works on the music team here, has crunched some of the numbers, so lots of people went to the station website gold one four three, dot com, dot au and voted. Seventeen people named Michelle voted, uh, nice lot of fat there the most selected option. I love this. The most selected option is click here to vote for a song.
Speaker 4: Shows the demographic that's going to the website. You're in a bit of trouble.
Speaker 1: Get this. Then in the section is there another song you'd like to vote for? One person just said yep, nothing else, Three people said yes, nothing else, and a guy called Craig just went happy with content. Some of the songs only had one vote. Shattered Dreams I had that Vinyl Johnny hates Jazz, Ghostbusters, Poor Ray Parker Jr. I thought that would have been higher up. There was just one vote. You won't like this Patsy, but Swayze, She's like the Wind, only got one loan vote, along with Rick Astley Together Forever, and then over the weekend they're doing some other mini countdowns. Top top songs from voters, name Michelle, that's Saturday tomorrow at three, Top Songs that missed out Sunday at two, many more. All Right, I asked Jack to tell us his three favorite songs of the eighties. You wanted to take us through these great songs. Beaty Boys, Brilliant one of the worst songs the eighties, Stinky at Sinksville, Cut Cut, get It a bit, good of off Show, Brilliant, Madness our house, This is a great song.
Speaker 4: Bad you broadcasted with the Latigo Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah Yeah, he played live many times for the show. Brilliant Man socks two great songs. Hi bored your taste, no need for You can call me out after the at come Back. I've got my three favorite songs of the eighties, and we share a band in our top threes.
Speaker 5: I'll play you it next the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three ten minutes away. Then from starting the big countdown with us your top eighties songs of the eighties, Jackson's bade us some of his favorite ones. This little top three here.
Speaker 12: You gotta fight, all right.
Speaker 1: Course this is a decade you were an even born.
Speaker 4: Born in eighty seven, Conch, I guess this song came out before I born. My love and dad driving home from thespital day.
Speaker 1: Next radio middle name is al jack Al Post and they're Brittan Madness our house awesome songs. All right. So in my top three we share an artist No seas your Booklyn Brusty Boys engine running hotter than a boiling kettle, City to city. I'm a running my metal to love this song. Yeah, there's better be a number one on Kicking the Radio. In speaking of your music team, fix it. Even if they didn't pick it, what do I know? That's a great thing about the eighties, not just the big pop song, some of the indies stuff like this Fine and Clams. I know you're the one.
Speaker 11: Funny, I say, my sheets, I don't even I reckon.
Speaker 1: This didn't people could have gone for this fas Blister in the Sun.
Speaker 4: You'll remember years ago Triple M. I'm sorry to mention another station, but Triple M did best rock song to keep plugging him, and that was at number one. And because I was such a young impressionable kid. I thought it was official the number one best rock song.
Speaker 1: Yeh, that's it, Triple M said, So that's it done, Patsy, what do you macking? Your three favorite songs are of the eighties.
Speaker 3: Oh, this won't be a surprise. Brian Adams Heaven, which was eighty four US.
Speaker 4: Do you like Brian Adams?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. Yeah, all right. Do you know some of his songs?
Speaker 3: Canadian singer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's here in two weeks time. Back next week on the show. We do have some Brian Adams tickets.
Speaker 4: Oh no, don't.
Speaker 3: I don't need them. I've got them, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you won't be winning them.
Speaker 3: No, I've already got mine. I don't need yours.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're not for you stick. Nice way to help plug it. Thank you.
Speaker 3: My second song Wang Chung everybody have fun Tonight?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, great eighties song.
Speaker 3: And there's got to be a Madonna in there, probably Borderline I reckon.
Speaker 1: Borderline is a brilliant song. Borderline awesome Madonna's song. Also, you know are I Into the Groove? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Papa don't preach as well. It's another video for that. Was that when she's to wear lace.
Speaker 3: I loved her in the eighties. That was her heyday.
Speaker 1: I reckon definitely. All right then, so coming up in about five minutes time. Then we start counting down the top eighty, studying at number I guess eighty.
Speaker 5: I guess the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one, oh four point three.
Speaker 1: It's the top eighty of the eighties. Four point three. All right, then it starts with us. You've been picking them. We're about to start a big countdown, and Gold one at four point three. Your top eighty of the eighties, starting with eighty, the least popular one, the least popular nine are with us between now and ten o'clock. There's a reason to stay tuned. I'd have to hear more songs that they didn't go for. We should have been doing the final ten. Who's running this place out there soon?
Speaker 4: I guess we could come back this afternoon, laid up and then.
Speaker 1: All right. Then, see this is a bit where normal if you're doing a countdown. I've never ever done a countdown, by the way, so don't know I'm going to get onto that and already countdown kind of DJ normally you go when it's like the exciting bit, you know, like number one or two. Let's find out what is your number one? You know, and they sort of tease it out and then you hear the first bits of it, Let's find out your number eighty. Oh, poor Bob.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: It's the top eighty of the eighties that's picked by you. Bob Marley was eighty Little Riverband seventy seven and then Starship there's sixty two. Yeah, I've got the matter. It's all tight, kids, it's all time. It's a Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, Gold one oh four point three. Christian, I'm loving the countdown put him in the best moment for a Friday at work. That's on Tom in Geelong. A couple of emails that have come in. You can always email about anything you've heard on the show. We call it late to the party. This is one from Katie about Don't Judge Me. But the other day Christian was listening to Don't Judge Me on the radio. The article about it a very poshphrase, isn't it an article about it?
Speaker 4: Well, that's what she called the radio segment an article.
Speaker 1: My dad calls them segments as well, but I never an article. And listen to the guy puts a bar chocolate when it's cold down the front of his pants. Don't judge me, but I do something similar. I put whambars or drumstick lollies under my boobs to make them soft and chewy. The confectory, not the boobs.
Speaker 4: That's from Yeah, give her a mug.
Speaker 1: That's from Katie Christian. Listened to the show. You were talking about weird jobs this week. I was traveling around Australia in twenty eleven. I had one of those cash in hand jobs when you have had to payny tax and I was working on a traveling carnival. Oh, Carnival next week, Carnival week on the show just.
Speaker 4: I'm actually after Moon but town.
Speaker 1: Don't you find it fascinating world the carnival.
Speaker 3: It's a totally different world.
Speaker 1: You never see them hiring.
Speaker 3: Families. It's all smells like cabbage. Remember what was that movie Austin.
Speaker 4: Chris Shoulder this week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that attitude smells like cabbage. You'll get on the rides, all the screws be loosened off on the big dipper. Anyway. This is our man Matt, who got a drop at a traveling carnival. I was in charge of the slide where you race down against other people, all with slides next to each other.
Speaker 3: Those in the set the giant love those.
Speaker 1: We were given a spray to grease up the slides to make it fun for the children. Now, Christian, it was my first day. I had a hangover and I wasn't sure how much the spray was needed to make it go fast. I used three quarters of the bottle straight away and instantly regretted it, but I didn't say anything because I was nervous. First customer comes. He's a pretty big fella. You see this out of slow motion. He wants to go down with his charred on his knees. I didn't want to say, sign mate, you're a fair old unit. I've put too much grease on this. I let him go, Chris, and he went so fast it was a blur, quicker and quicker and quicker. He was panicking. The kids start to scream. He smashed straight through the other worker who is meant to stop people at the bottom, was to stop the kids and they all rolled the ten meters before stopping. The carnival promptly gave me twenty bucks and told me I wouldn't be required anymore. Christian, this was the end of my Cardova, Matt. You can have a mug for that. If you've got any carnival story. So anything you want to share with us, email me Christian at Gold one I four to three dot com dot au.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Good morning, it's to Christian, I call on Breakfast Show on Gold one I four point three. So whilst we count down your top eighty of the eighties, you've got two choices. All right, team, you've got two choices. What we can do here? I've got three emails. People are vying for some of our limited edition Breakfast Show mugs. Great emails we give munks, or I'll tell you the story that I said I would tell you yesterday, but we've run out of time.
Speaker 4: About the boxer.
Speaker 1: This is about the boxer and one of the worst the only time I've had the only two times I've really actually gone berserk with a producer.
Speaker 4: Tell us about it.
Speaker 3: I want to hear.
Speaker 4: I want to hear about the box only because if we wait till next two gets stale and then is funny.
Speaker 1: All right? So you remember we were talking yesterday about there was an amazing middleweight champion of the world called Joe Kalzaggi, Welsh Fighter and was in so many great fights from about the mid nineties until mid two thousand and five, two thousand and six middleweight champion in the world. And I met him when he was doing a speech before the Fighter movie and after as we were talking and he said, you know what, I'd love to do a competition with your show where your listeners could make my next walkout music like an original sign. Yeah, So so let's do it. Got him on the show the next day. We run out. Over the next four weeks, we get him on every Friday, we go through some of the best and worst entries. He'd pick a winner each week to go forward. At the end of the four weeks we were running this with the current middleweight champion of the world. The Partler prize. Not only will we get it made up in a studio, your original song, whatever it is, you would walk out holding his belt when they do the walkout is amazing. We run this of four weeks, he picks the winning song. My producers have lost the guy's contact details. Oh no, they never ever found them. Oh they never found them.
Speaker 3: Couldn't remember his management company or anything.
Speaker 1: No, there was just a listener. There was no people through management companies. The listener, yeah, the guy.
Speaker 4: Who write the song.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the song was good, Yeah, it was brilliant. Right. So at the end of the four weeks, we couldn't get the guy on that man, we couldn't get him to sign away his release for it. So Joe did not walk out with the song, just walked out the one he always walks out with. We wasted his time, the show's time, everyone's time for an entire month. Whenever I think about Joe Kalazaki, I just up my blood starts to boil it again. Can you imagine the conversation after Friday's show about that with a producer who lost a week later that we were still looking for the guy's contact details. We never have found them.
Speaker 4: You know what, It is pretty sloppy, But would you be so surprised around this joint?
Speaker 1: Do you know the real reason I'm telling that story as a Warning.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three, four point three. It's the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, counting down your top eighty of the eighties. That was sixty two, Always on my mind by the picture sixty two, I have not got my son's right.
Speaker 4: This is what a parent does to a kid when they're reading a children's book. You just skipped a few pages because you're getting bored of the countdown at all.
Speaker 1: I love that song by the boat Shop Boys. In no way is that one. They're weaker efforts. I can't believe that these are only in the the dregs of this countdown. All right, let's get another one away now. This is number fifty two, The Swingers on Gold one oh four point three, The.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three, Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show and Gold one oh four point three earlier on that. You're right with the little snooze there actually yawned in my face. You didn't mind that thing, you know, yawning front of someone. You try and eat it, don't you got it? He's kind of trap, yawn.
Speaker 4: Bite down on a yawn.
Speaker 1: There's nothing hard to do. It's so hard, isn't it. Your eyes actually bulge and water.
Speaker 3: The blinds have gone down side.
Speaker 1: You are tired. I am oh on, guys, this is the eighties. Why are you all snoozy? We've just played down the least most popular songs that people voted for.
Speaker 4: Right now, all around the country people are having their top eighties parties arbacues.
Speaker 1: They started the weekend now with the Pet Shop Boys Stinker. We played about half an hour ago. All right then, so enjoy the long weekend. We got Brian Adams tickets. We're back on Tuesday. Harrison's video is up right now. When we were talking about cartoon injuries, this is the guy who trod on a rake. It was on security footage I've seen. Have you seen the footage? Is it getting knocked out? It's a more great, big whack to look to his jaw. No, it's funny to see you were watching it over and over again. It's on our Facebook page. You can find at o C one four three. When we are back Tuesday, I really need your help quite a few times. When we're doing pay your bills. We heard these amazing stories, some incredible people who were in desperate situations, and so many of you big hearted listeners would call us and offer to try and help out, and I said, you don't need to do that, We've got this covered. However, I do actually need your help on something which you're going to hear a lot about on Tuesday on the show and title of today's show is Damp Dog Candle.
Speaker 5: Enjoy your weekend The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three