Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi girls, money afternoon. Sorry some off just got out of bed.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just noting how happy you look today, brit Happy is one word.
Speaker 2: I'm really satisfied you look today, Bri neck pain, back pain. Yeah, I had a big night. You do what's or I know what you're thinking. You're thinking then I went out partying. I didn't, but my I mean.
Speaker 3: Last night was a Monday night, so I don't think anyone's thinking that I did.
Speaker 2: No one's ever thinking that about me.
Speaker 1: My partner, Ben arrived from Scotland last night at eleven o'clock and I have not seen Ben since January.
Speaker 3: So you do the math you sounbry Coy right now, that's what you sound.
Speaker 2: Because I'm just I'm happy. I'm very happy. I feel like I've done a workout. But yeah, that's what details that I'm going to go into. I mean, you could just talk about how nice it is.
Speaker 3: To see him, but it is really love, I'm sure, And I know you've missed him so much. And I to hear about the pan at all that you've taken and consumed this morning to make it here to be on radio tonight.
Speaker 1: No, I genuinely, genuinely like it was mixed emotions. I always try and scare Ben. Like Ben and I have this thing where we scare each other. I know that sounds weird, but like we hide and film it and we're trying and scare each other.
Speaker 2: We just love it.
Speaker 1: We've always done it for the last eighteen months. So I did that when you arrived, which was wonderful tick and then I actually cried.
Speaker 2: I was really emotional.
Speaker 4: Did you did you actually get to talk or you're not there yet you had some other things to do.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he is. No, we don't have no conversation. You're happy to have him back, of course.
Speaker 1: It's amazing and it's funny because it's like four or five months, but feels like no time has passed.
Speaker 2: And I think.
Speaker 1: That's I think that's the important part of a relationship, right. It's like friendships as well. You can have those friendships that you don't have to see all the time. You can still have the connection. But he and I still talk twice a day, every single day.
Speaker 3: How long is he going to be here for before he goes back to Scotland.
Speaker 1: He's here for three weeks and then I go back to Europe with him for two weeks.
Speaker 2: So we've got five ish shows together.
Speaker 4: Ye, well we're happening, so we're going to have a good mood brit for the rest of the show. Laura and I were.
Speaker 3: Married, so it's different. I mean it's not the only reason. But also I got woken up all through the night as well, but by two kids. So I got workuping, exciting.
Speaker 4: Peacefully and I've got a thousand dollars in my hand to give away at Target.
Speaker 2: We can all give it away. It's not my money, try to claim it. I know. For you to spend a Target that's coming up next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll gon do that after this here at the pick up around Australia. We're back on the pick up around the country in his Tuesday with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Right now, A thousand dollars to spend a Target.
Speaker 2: We're doing this.
Speaker 5: I love.
Speaker 1: Shopping.
Speaker 2: Name that fit, Name that fit now.
Speaker 1: One thing we are not known for here to pick up with our fashion choices, but something we are known for is giving away money. And thanks to Target, we're giving away a thousand big ones. If you know your fashion now you're gonna call up, answer a couple of questions, win potentially a thousand dollars. Sounds easy, right, If you only get one right, one hundred dollars to spend at Target, two questions right, five hundred dollars to spend at Target, and if you get three out of three, we're going to give you a thousand big ones to update maybe your winter wardrobe, maybe need some new staples or some home day calls.
Speaker 2: I can recommend the jeans.
Speaker 3: I have great pair of genes from Target and they are fantastic. Also, the thing about gens is they always stretch and then they don't fit as good. Yeah, these are my face.
Speaker 4: I just like to go through Target with a trolley and like look with my eyes. Like I love a Target with trolley if you're looking with your because you can lean on and put a drink in it and it becomes a whole day out. It's like a good date.
Speaker 2: That's it. Hey, if you're single and you want a date, go to Target and shop. It's very fun. Joining us today.
Speaker 4: Caitlin is on she's playing for the thousand dollars to spend at Target.
Speaker 6: High Kaitlin, Hello, I'm also a bit with the trolley and just walking around if you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know, it's very cool. Well, the question, the big question is do you know about fashion? Kaitlin.
Speaker 3: Now, yesterday's questions I think are a little bit too easy, so we've made them a little bit harder. We have today, all right, question number one for one hundred dollars, kitten, brogues and moccasins are all types of what shoes?
Speaker 2: That was easy?
Speaker 4: Can I let you in on a little secret here, Caitlyn, before Laura is like, I got a hard one.
Speaker 3: This will stump them, no, because originally the question said stilettos, and I was like, you got that's not even a question that was actually saying shoes.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ad moccasin. I did add moccasin, all right. Anyway, I'm going to add jogger stock all right.
Speaker 4: Number two, which celeb couple famously while matching danim at the two thousand and one American Music Awards.
Speaker 6: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Take a guess. This would have been the easy one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really famous, Just have no idea.
Speaker 1: No, just listen, listen to me for a second, Caitlin, try one more time, one more time, baby.
Speaker 2: Get it in.
Speaker 4: Just in time, justin, timboy, and and.
Speaker 2: Just one more, one more.
Speaker 3: Time, hippie baby, do answer it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're allowed to help them that much. I just handed that you want to flatter?
Speaker 5: That was hard?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm not gonna there's no cheating for this third question. You either get it or you don't.
Speaker 4: And you'll double your money if you get this right. From five hundred to spend it target to a thousand targets?
Speaker 6: Okay, no pressure.
Speaker 1: What natural fiber is authentic denim made out of?
Speaker 2: What fiber is denim made out of? Cos you didn't, so you're sure? What was that? Yeah? Thousand dollars that tug? Well, good on you. What are you gonna get?
Speaker 6: I think I'm just going to maybe get some new jean.
Speaker 2: I'll go the high Rise. Like I said, they're the best.
Speaker 1: They do a great bodysuit, long sleeve bodysuit that goes with the jeans I wear it.
Speaker 2: Wonder if they do moccasins or brogues, but they probably do kitten heels.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd say so, Actually a target. I enjoyed Kate in the trolley, Go have a trolley shop. I'll join you there It's very fun, all right, another thousand dollars to spend a Target. They're made for season after season, shopping store online and via the Target app to Morrow more cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm saying this, or we we have to make the questions harder. It's too easy. It was. I had to give that one to Care. But I mean, surely there's got to be some rules.
Speaker 3: It's like, if you call up, we give the whole thing away. It doesn't matter if you get the questions right or not.
Speaker 2: Make the rule. Yesterday's question was on your head, what is okay I shop with and look with my eyes? What else do you look with? On your head?
Speaker 4: It could be build could it could be a beaning as well?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I'm going to come up with a tough one.
Speaker 1: My dad had this huge moment on Louise, like a really important moment in his life. They didn't quite go to plan, and I put it on my Instagram and Instagram was up in arms. They went bonkers and I want to talk to about it and get to the bottom of this issue today.
Speaker 3: The injustice, the injustice, the travesty.
Speaker 1: My dad, on behalf of my nana, entered a retirement Village Bakeoff, the Great Retirement Village Bakeoff. It was Posier's retirement lifestyle village up in Port mcquarie.
Speaker 2: And so what they did is they held this.
Speaker 1: They have this annual bakeoff, but it's just for the men of the village and my man native. It's a men's bakeoff, and my nana doesn't have a man in her life.
Speaker 2: So my dad entered like on her behalf, so she couldn't enter because there was.
Speaker 1: No Well, they would do other women stuff, but this is just for the men and the men to have a bake off anyway, so it's really cute.
Speaker 2: So my dad took it so seriously.
Speaker 1: My dad spent three days prepping his one entry, three days of like cause you've got to I don't.
Speaker 2: Actually know the interest because I've seen the photo.
Speaker 3: I saw a photo. It was like a cake, but it kind of looked like an iced vogo, you know. Was it was surprisingly I mean, it was surprisingly good.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do it. I'm not a baker.
Speaker 4: Does he baker? Did he do this to help Nana? Or is he all your life being a baker?
Speaker 1: My dad has cooked his whole life, like he is the cook of the family. My mom does too, but my dad loves it. He genuinely loves it. But he's not necessarily the baker. He cooks the like proper meals, but sometimes I dessert. But he took us so seriously. He committed three days NonStop. He was timing stuff and temperature. It was incredible, and I was like, there is no way this man can't win.
Speaker 2: He didn't win. He came second. And we think he was robbed. I think he was robbed.
Speaker 1: I think there's some under the table stuff going on at that retirement village, and I want to speak to my.
Speaker 2: Dad and that what happens. I don't know his name.
Speaker 1: I have a photo of him. I did block out his face on Instagram for safety and protection purposes. I didn't want anyone to come for him. Can we do we know what he made? I don't know, but I want to call my dad and find out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tony actually joins us now he's on the line. This Brits dad, Hollo Tony mate injustice, justice for.
Speaker 5: Tony travac An absolutely travesty.
Speaker 4: So about quickly tell us what did you bake? Just to paint a picture of what the item was that you entered.
Speaker 2: That came second.
Speaker 5: I baked and ivo tart.
Speaker 2: You did look very much like an ice vovo. Why did you take three days? Dadracte?
Speaker 5: Look, if you were to cook it in you know, just set aside a day. There's a lot of waiting. You know, you've got to you make a base and then you've got to put that in the fridge for two hours. You twiddle your thumbs and then you know you've got to then make a marshmallow bed. And in that scene, you've got to make that. Let that sit for three hours in the in the fridge.
Speaker 1: Do you know who came first? Like, do you know what he had made? Because I don't know.
Speaker 5: He made a hummingbird hummingbird cake?
Speaker 2: And did you get to.
Speaker 1: Did you do you like, witness the cake or taste it or did you see any.
Speaker 5: Like you know, I tasted it and there were still parts of the Sarah Le sticker on it. Oh, I swear that, I swear. I swear, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Reckon Because he was a part of the village, right he lived there.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming Tony not.
Speaker 5: Only part of the village. He was He's married to a lady who's widely regarded as the very best cooked by by Miles in the in the village, no doubt.
Speaker 1: So Dad, do you reckon? Are you saying you reckon his wife? Actually, because she's known in the village as the best baker. Do you reckon that the wife actually bakes for him?
Speaker 5: Look, I'm not casting any dispersions, but think about the fine cotton affair.
Speaker 2: Look, I think that's the time. Do you have time to go? I don't have time to think about it?
Speaker 1: What the dad loves history?
Speaker 4: Something to tell us to find cotton affair in thirty seconds, the.
Speaker 5: Fine gotten affair in thirty second. The fine cotton was a race horse, a champion racehorse, and the owners put the fix in, got a dud horse, painted it for the same color as fine cotton, and bunded in the race.
Speaker 4: Wow against it is a fine cotton.
Speaker 2: Heard it.
Speaker 5: Looked like the real one, but it wasn't. And this is the go They looked like the real chef. But I'm wondering you, madam.
Speaker 2: I mean, are a winner in my eyes.
Speaker 3: I never knew that that retirement villagers could be so controversial.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that there was so much going down that.
Speaker 5: Lazy there look, Laura, they are a hot bed ofception corruption.
Speaker 3: Are we just talking about baking scandals or things are a bit more sorted?
Speaker 2: Well, Mike my Olmer, I've got a story.
Speaker 4: Okay, Producer Grace, let's take some calls on this, because clearly there is an underworld in this country that we don't know of.
Speaker 2: Thirteen one six five.
Speaker 4: What's your retirement scandal or your retirement village scandal?
Speaker 2: What's going on closed door that we don't know?
Speaker 4: Tony can narrate the Netflix series when we sell this to Netflix.
Speaker 2: That's really cute. Dad, You're a winner in my eyes.
Speaker 1: And if you ever have times three days again, up your sleeve to make us a nice vovo here at the pickup, we'll take it.
Speaker 5: I'll make one for you and beam when you come up.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks dad, man.
Speaker 4: Let's take your calls next here at the pickup. We're in the middle of an investigation here, ladies.
Speaker 2: It's the biggest investigation that we needed that it did, thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Great retirement bakeoff of twenty twenty four. The retirement village that my nana lives at, Possiers, the retirement village of Port Macquarie.
Speaker 2: They had a bake off for charity that was.
Speaker 4: Made, so they say, we don't know if it's for charity, probably pocketed it.
Speaker 2: No, they're good, they're great. But it was males only, and my nana lives there on her own.
Speaker 1: She doesn't have a partner, so my dad entered as the male representative. He baked for three days straight, like it was extraordinary what he made and iced vovo.
Speaker 2: Yep, he made the vovo he made had the shell, took him three days.
Speaker 1: Everything he even like did the little what's it called where you pushed.
Speaker 2: The little cream out in little swells and stuff a piping bag. Even my prain was like the whipped cream the pipe bag. He came second.
Speaker 4: The person that beat him, however, is married to the head honcho of the retirement.
Speaker 1: There's definitely some scandalous things going on their retirement home.
Speaker 2: So we thought thirty one oh six five, if you.
Speaker 1: Know of any scandals that maybe your own grandparents retirement homes, or if you've ever heard of the scandals we wanted to know about, Well.
Speaker 4: We've got one from within the house. The calls coming from within the pickup girls. Because my Olma, I'm Dutch, so my Dutch Homer was kicked out of her retirement village for quote unquote wearing revealing clothes.
Speaker 2: How would she make it?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 2: She is? She a bit of a floozy, Laura. Revealing clothes is not equate to a fluozie. We know that, I know, but you know, just asking maybe a little.
Speaker 4: She she was Miss New Holland, she was the face of Berry Juice.
Speaker 2: She's an ex model.
Speaker 4: She's gorgeous, so she likes to shop at Souprey and wear Denner and she was.
Speaker 2: Eighty six on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she got shamed. She got shamed, shame for the way she dressed. They got together the union retired village. They said, we don't think you're you're you're you.
Speaker 2: Know, suited for the retirement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you aligned with the values. She's now in another place. She's living happily in her denim jeans and she looks hot. But the conspiracy's not okay.
Speaker 3: Usually the types of scandals and you can't laugh, but often it happens with dementia patients, and that's not funny.
Speaker 1: I had so many people because I put this whole scandal on my Instagram, and I had so many people write in talking about like the sex that goes on and retirement is rampant, multiple floors, sneaking out of their rooms, like having four different girlfriends on different levels.
Speaker 2: Level.
Speaker 3: To be honest, though, if I make it into a retirement village, I'm going to do the same if my like, if I'm well, if he's not around, if he's not around, it's like a second lease on life.
Speaker 2: You're all there, you don't have much long to go. He'll enjoy years. If you see her in the retirementome, she's ready, Laura.
Speaker 4: Another Laura, I'm thirteen one six five. What's your sorry, that's qv invested to give music? What's going on at the retirement village near you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Hi guys, Oh my gosh, I'm fangirling so hard, Laura.
Speaker 2: What's your grandma or grandpa doing?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So, I used to work in age care back in the day, in my early twenties as an age care nurse, and I worked in the dementia unit, and we had a couple that came into the retirement village together. But the lady was in the demensia unit and her husband wasn't, and he was quite like with it, and she had quite like she was still very like able body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now it takes over. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so she kind of forgot that she was married and she fell in love with another residence we've had you and we would often find them in the room together doing all the things that young be.
Speaker 2: Doing it there or no, and then your grandpa did he? No? Her grandpa?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, the grandpa grandpa, their grandpa.
Speaker 2: New grandpa grandpa too.
Speaker 4: Well, well, not exactly what we're after in the conspiracy search, but good for them.
Speaker 2: Oh that's no, that's really sad. I don't like.
Speaker 3: I don't think we can we can joke about the ones that have to do with dementia.
Speaker 2: No, we're not joking. It's real.
Speaker 4: It's happened. Sarah on thirteen one O sixty five. Hey, what's your conspiracy theory? Your aged care facility?
Speaker 6: Hi, I'm also saying girling.
Speaker 4: Very hard right now now, but.
Speaker 2: A bit much now. It's great.
Speaker 6: Speaking of revealing clothing, my grandma has topless parties in the garage.
Speaker 2: Your own would love it there. Oh, what do you mean do they actually have an event like this Friday night? Everyone topless party in the garage.
Speaker 6: I think it's like a weekly occurrence, but you're not allowed in without taking.
Speaker 4: Your time, and they've gone a bit loopy jelly.
Speaker 2: I think this is great. Nine year old's free in the nibs. That's a movement. I want to be a part of. Where are they hooking up?
Speaker 6: Look, I don't ask that many questions.
Speaker 4: Is it put on by the village, Like when you go to the entrance and is there's a corkboard, does it say Friday night, topless dance night?
Speaker 2: Or are they doing this back end?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it might be a little bit under the radar.
Speaker 1: I actually love it, like living your absolutely best life.
Speaker 2: I can get around it totally. I mean, yeah, I'll do that. You do the hookups at eighty, I'm doing the topless parties. I think that leads to the hookup spirit. But you're welcome an Okay, you can come to my party, Laura.
Speaker 3: Now, we've been having quite a few discussions recently about baby names, and that's just between you myself.
Speaker 2: You're going to think of everyone think one of us is pregnants.
Speaker 4: No, we're not pregnant.
Speaker 3: But Britt, you your sister's having a baby. You're beginning aunty again. Mitch, your sister's having a baby, and that's why we've been discussing baby names. But now I think there's so much loaded into baby names because you could go traditional, you could go with something unique. You kind of don't want to go too unique because then you know your kid's gonna get teased. But there is a vet who is going viral on TikTok at the moment, and that is because he has come up with a list of baby names that you would think on first look at these names, they're not that bad. But the reason why you shouldn't call your child these names is because actually there's more animals called these names than what there are humans. So in all of his time working as a vet, he has been compiling a list of the most common dog and cat names and here's what they are.
Speaker 2: And I feel really sorry. I'm worried that one of my names some of mine are.
Speaker 3: Okay, some of mine are And I feel really sorry for anybody who has a child named this. And if you have a pet name this were well done, snice in common. If you're already named this, it's not a problem.
Speaker 2: And these are not as these are.
Speaker 3: These are human names as well, so they could be hybrid, right, number one, Luna, Luna, it's a real dog.
Speaker 2: That's a cute name for a bit you dog dog.
Speaker 3: Very sweet dog name. You hear that in the park and the dog park a lot, all right? Number two hot, number two, Daisy.
Speaker 2: Number three. I know a lot of Daisies that are actual humans.
Speaker 3: Number three Miller. Number four in my family a dog, a human human girl. Okay, all right. Number four Bella. That's a big dog name. I know a lot of humans named Bella, but I know more dogs.
Speaker 2: Oh, number five. Number five was on my real name list a long time. I'm looking at it's discussing it not.
Speaker 3: I wanted to call my daughter a cannot name a humanis and that is Coco.
Speaker 2: Coco. I'm not going to be Hockey Coco.
Speaker 1: Secret, secret is hot.
Speaker 3: We need to discuss you changing your name as well. That wigs me out that you might have a different last name.
Speaker 2: That's what happens when people get married, Laura, except for you, you don't have to do it.
Speaker 3: I want to Okay, we're not talking. This is not about the patriarchy right now. We're talking about baby names, all right. Numbers seven that's for another day. Miss number six. Sorry, I know I've lost my spot Teddy.
Speaker 2: I disagree. Teddy is human. Teddy. I would love to name it if I had a little boy. Teddy is a great names just because it sounds so I can't have Coco, but you can have Teddy. Yeah, these names are fine.
Speaker 3: Number seven Charlie also disagree. I think Charlie's a great one.
Speaker 2: Frankie Archie Ruby Archie is your nephew.
Speaker 3: We have an archer, not an Archie, and he and his parents are very against ever being called archer Archie. It's been like it's been drilled into us since the day he was born.
Speaker 2: Archie. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think you have a listen to this vet, but I think these names are better than names that Braxton. You know he can meet kids names Brack.
Speaker 2: That's a character on Home and Away. No one's name of their kid Braxton.
Speaker 4: I went to school with the Braxton. I went to school with a Brock. And guess what his last name was, Olie. I was going to vision did yeah, he didn't.
Speaker 1: It was green against and then he died at why you know what they called him in Collie what cauliflower white Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Then he would have been I'm not against naming your I'm not against these names. I am all for naming your animal a very straight human name.
Speaker 2: Like if you've got a dog, name it David. I agree, name it Frank screen Frank at the dog.
Speaker 1: He he did say some of the names on the lawn again.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Hey, so sorry, neighbor, shout on your lawn again.
Speaker 1: No, he said some other names that didn't quite make the list, but then he said, I'll veto this forever. He'll never call them Milo, which I love like I love the name Milo.
Speaker 2: But he has said, you can't do it now.
Speaker 3: Marlon Marlon otis anyone remember that million years ago and they floated down the river.
Speaker 4: What about tramp after lady in the tramp, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think you can call I don't think you can call your your child.
Speaker 4: And for a boy trumpeter for a girl.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's hope, take a Kathleen trampoline. Let's go home. If you're a vetter, if you're a dog or a cat, just don't name yourselfies. Please. Yeah, that's it. Gne see you tomorrow, Say bye bye,