Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait island of people's today. This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut.
Speaker 2: This is our radio show where we are joined by the beautiful, the delicious, the highly acidic Mistury.
Speaker 1: Oh I am out of context. That doesn't really land you. I'm known for my why are you a citic?
Speaker 3: Brittany Hockies here as well every I talk about it.
Speaker 1: We're joined by the beautiful Mitch and then.
Speaker 2: I said where joined? Because people know who we are, but maybe I don't know who you were?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: And Laura.
Speaker 3: Now I got stopped the other day and someone said are you And I went there about to say are you best friends with Laura? And britt even know my name? It's true, and I went, no, I'm not. Actually I remember what happened. I said, no, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Did you say do you want a photo?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Then she worked at the store, and I asked if she give me stuff discount. She said no, but she gave me a free tote bag. I'm abusing your names to get free shit.
Speaker 2: You did not say that you don't know.
Speaker 3: Us, of course I didn't. I say I love them, I've got them, I'm going to see them today.
Speaker 1: And then you asked for the discount.
Speaker 3: I didn't get it.
Speaker 1: We don't have much poul due.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I got after shave this week. I got Lei Labo and I was told that my skin is too too high on the pH level and the scent won't last on my skin. That's what Laura's referencing.
Speaker 2: Yes, but the problem is is that the lovely lady who served Mitch at the shops made that assessment purely by looking at him.
Speaker 1: You cannot make that assessment by looks.
Speaker 3: She did. She gets is your silver tarnish?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Your PG.
Speaker 2: So she said, I wonder was she trying to say that you looked a bit glistening, like a little bit sweaty when you walked in.
Speaker 3: I drove there like I didn't even walk there.
Speaker 1: I don't think she I think she was probably just trying to sound like she knew more about what she was talking about than she actually knows. No one looks at someone and goes up thing and puts in there and says the pH levels up. You just don't do it.
Speaker 2: Also, can I say, as somebody who owns a retail store, I'd be so mad at my staff if they were actively trying to talk people out of a sale. I mean, you want honesty, but also like, there comes a point where your job is to sell the cologne.
Speaker 1: He still water it just solid against a los doing it. He's like, he's like, I'll show you. Yeah, I'll show you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to wait, We'll go to a pool store and get like a PhD dipstick and sticky in my nose like a pregnancy.
Speaker 1: Can you do that? Can you actually test your pH level?
Speaker 3: That would be funny this show. If we really scrape in the bottom of the just on the show where phested Mitch's holes.
Speaker 2: Boots, I love the whole booger came out of my nose like a child.
Speaker 3: All right. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: We had a really big show. I think that Tony is laying on the floor in disgust for me.
Speaker 1: Tony and I just.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry everyone. Look, it was a very big show my about my beautiful mother in law, who I love to death. Ellie, if you're listening to this, you are the best women in the world. But she also likes to pack when we go away on holidays. She likes to pack something that I think is unnecessary. Wow, probably a little bit of overkill. Yeah, and I want to know whether it's weird or not.
Speaker 3: I agree, I think it's very weird. Also on the show I Got Baking, I went to a child's birthday party and it pisces me off so hard when children spittle all over a cake, like they spray it all over a cake when they blow the candles. Hey, it don't spray it, so don't spray it. So I brought a chocolate cake to the studio and what happens next is I think more disgusting than Laura's booger she just pulled out.
Speaker 1: And that's what Laura blows onto cakes at birthday parties. There's big boogie.
Speaker 2: Something about this show and everything centering around me being disgusting is really making me looking wood well.
Speaker 4: Mitch.
Speaker 1: Also, you spoke this week about something you read about how dogs if you sleep when your bed can kill you, which I think was a big You either got clickbaited or a big call. But we speak to Doc de Lisa, who is the female version of Bondai Vet. She's a very amazing, very well known vet. She is going to tell us whether it is true where it's seping with your dog can kill you, because I feel like it's a big call.
Speaker 3: Mitche I sleep with a dog for a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Huh, I'll tell you what his name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's about an.
Speaker 1: Ex when we got at It's not funny if you break you down.
Speaker 3: Sorry anyway, so much more on the show.
Speaker 2: Right up, let's go.
Speaker 3: Home, guys. I need to bring something to the show that has actually upset me greatly. And we're all across this because we were talking about it before the show started. But I was scrolling through TikTok. I'm like the resident TikTok lover here at the show. I'm jen z just barely don't start me on that debate it. But I live on TikTok and I was scrolling the other night, and this story has since made it to the news. I came across a video which I thought was a prank I thought it was a sketch. I didn't think it was real. It was these kids. This is happening in Australia. This is happening in Queensland. These kids seemingly kidnapping a cat, a beautiful ginger, from someone's house, filming it, putting it on TikTok. They're laughing hysterically. You know, there's just a beautiful cat at someone's house. They're filming themselves kidnapping the cat and running off with it. This video is going viral. It's since been taken down, but they haven't found the cat as yet. It's made Australian news.
Speaker 1: Garfield, the cat's name is.
Speaker 3: Garfield's the cat's name. I saw this on the news as well. Have a listen to this.
Speaker 2: Teenagers seen here snatching Garfield from his home in the dead of night and throwing him in the boot of a getaway car. No, you're gonna squish it.
Speaker 5: You're gonna squish it.
Speaker 3: A bunch of kids targeting an innocent animal.
Speaker 6: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: The worst part was these kids were boasting about it as if it was an achievement on their TikTok. They've since posted another video bragging that they've made the news. They're so happy that they've made the news. To this moment that we go to air, the cat garfield is still missing. No one knows where it is.
Speaker 2: This is I mean, it's viscerally disgusting, right. But the thing that makes me so angry about this and so like, I don't even have the right words for it. It's like, where is the line in terms of creating content in the hope that it's going to go viral?
Speaker 1: And I think that it's animal cruelty?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, But there's there's kids out there who are so social media obsessed that they will do things in order to go viral, regardless of how that affects people or how that what effect that has on animals. But they're doing it for a viral video. They're doing it to get lives and views on TikTok.
Speaker 1: These kids need to be found and charged. This is such disgusting and disturbing behavior. And the fact is, if you have posted something on TikTok, you have an account, you we can find you. Why have the police not tracked them down and found them yet? Why has the cat not been returned? Why have the kids not been charged? And I don't care. If you're thirteen, you know what you are doing is wrong. If you are a teenager, you know that's stealing someone's pace from the house. And well where is it? The count hasn't been returned yet. I don't know if they're found it.
Speaker 3: That have to be looking into it. The worst part is is kids are gloating. Earlier in the week, the same account posted a video saying I love kidnapping cats. God, I love kidnapping cats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and watch this space.
Speaker 2: They're doing it for cloud. I don't know if you guys remember this, but only last month this also happened in Queensland. There was a little girl who was kidnapped. She's thirteen years old, who's kidnapped by her friends and the friend torture friends friends who were also similar age to her. She was tortured in a house and they posted it live on TikTok And for me, it's like, why is wanting to go viral? How has that become such an ambition for children? And the problem is is kids who are thirteen years old, they don't necessarily understand the consequences of what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Now, I want to call in bullshit on that.
Speaker 2: Because the one is to be famous, right, the one is to push it, and then they get carried away. They don't understand the digital footprint that they're creating.
Speaker 3: They can't rationalize.
Speaker 1: I'm going to disagree. If you're thirteen, you know kidnapping and torturing a friend is wrong. Animals is wrong.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not saying they don't know what's wrong, But what I'm saying is that that social media is warping people's perception around what is ethical though, and the want to be viral trumps it, and that's really really scary.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 1: Let's start charging them and arresting them then, because what if we keep applauding them and nothing happens and we pat them, We're going to slap on the wrists and say, oh, don't kidnap and torture that person again, don't kidnap this animal again. Of course they're going to keep doing it.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. We also know what Harming animals is the first step of them, and we've all seen the documentaries. Harming animals is the first step and a very slippery slope of someone who is not well. So that's horrendous, But.
Speaker 2: Also what's happening in their schools. Are they going to school? And because they have gone viral, are they being seen as being you know, a hero because they've had this viral TikTok? So yeah, they might be getting publicly into trouble, but are they still amongst their peers being seen as being cool for having a viral TikTok? That's the big question.
Speaker 1: I heard it here first. It's not cool to kidnap animals, to kidnap people for animal cruelty, So pull your head out right now. Someone find these kids and charge them all.
Speaker 3: So, if you're in Australia and you've got a little cat that loves to just sunbake out the front, like, just bring it in, bring him in because there's widows out there.
Speaker 1: No hope they fined him.
Speaker 3: Yikes. Updates on Garfield the cat when we get it. Hope Garfield's okay?
Speaker 1: So do I well?
Speaker 2: I mean, lastly, if you're someone who knows anything at all, go to the police.
Speaker 3: Good core.
Speaker 1: Yes, today we're talking about near death experiences. We've all sort of had one. It came off the back of this French skier that literally was going for a little leisurely ski plummeted down an ice cravass. I always think of a bottle of wine when you say that, like, you know, a nice scramsh It was, it definitely was, But it was his near death experiences. We chatted about ours, and it reminded me of this guy. You guys might remember him. His name is Jake Elvin and just recently. He's a young Aussie bloke. He was flying. He's not his plane, but he was doing learner lessons. I think it was only his second lesson. The engine stopped and he plummeted from the sky, crashed the plane, him and his instructor and survived to tell the tale. And I thought, who better to talk about near death experiences? So we've got him on the phone. Jake, Welcome to the pick up.
Speaker 5: Hi, j hi, j okay.
Speaker 1: Guys, this is I think most people in the world's idea. And I remember I give plane plummets from the ground.
Speaker 2: The guy, Yeah, how many lessons had you had at this point? Like were you well into your experience plane flying or were you a real novice?
Speaker 5: Well, I was well into the second hour of my second first hour of my second lesson, so you know a lot of experience as of yet, but they just wanted to give me the full experience.
Speaker 4: You know, Jake, what.
Speaker 3: Happened when you were in the cockpit? Did you know how to handle the situation? Did an engine blow?
Speaker 6: Was not?
Speaker 2: The plane went down?
Speaker 3: Still lived, you lived. It could have gone upside down, It could have you know, exploded. So talk us through what happened. Did did an alarm go off? And did you start to freak?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Just like like I was mechanic myself, so like as it started letting go, I knew what the problem was. I'm to say, oh, here, we're gonna have a problem. So I just banked it back, trying to make it back to the runway. And then the flight instructures likely I don't think we're going to have enough height. And then it was a really windy day, so we're coming down. Those little trees are getting bigger real quick, and I'm just like, ah, this is gonna hurt. Wait, and it went down.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't user error, It wasn't something that you had done wrong. It was some mechanical problem with the plane.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, the engine blew up. Like we've been flying for about twenty minutes doing just touch and go, like just landing on the runway and then taking back off again. And I'd literally just taken back off. You know, we've been flying for half an hour. I have along at the time, and yeah, I'd just taken off, and as I was climbing up to like up to two thousand feet there, the engine just started dying out and then just shut off. And then everything just goes dead silent, and then yeah, that's an eerie feeling, let me tell you, as you're just gliding around over the bush hoping to make it back to the runway. But anyway, I mean, we've.
Speaker 1: Seen the pictures and of the crash, and we've seen the video of the crash. It looks like no one would survive that. But somehow you seem to be. You got up, you got yourself to the hospital. What injuries did you actually have? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So I ended up just like a super minimal some ligament damage, broke my leg, tore some holes here and there, a few stitches and yeah, other than that, good to go.
Speaker 1: Drove she drove herself to the hospital.
Speaker 3: Where's the instructor hold on manual?
Speaker 1: What are we doing? Is there a clutch?
Speaker 5: So I like said the instructor. I got him our aircraft and his wife happened to be at the airfield and where we crash was close to the obviously close to field. We always made it hume. But she come running down. The only had two seats in the car, so I put her. She called the ambulance and was like, the ambulance is half an hour away, and I'm an hour and a half from where I live, and so I'm like that they're going to send me to a hospital down here. It's all going to be too hard. So I decided to walk up the runway, jump in the car, and drive an hour and a half to a hospital closer to home.
Speaker 2: You drove your car with a broken leg and ligament damage to a hospital closer to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, was better than getting stuck an hour and a half away from home in a hospital for five days. So I'm like, yeah, I still got heaps of adrenaline left. I'll be fine.
Speaker 3: So what did you do? You walk in and you went, hey, I've just crashed my plane. Can I can I sit down for a bit? What did they believe you?
Speaker 1: Surely?
Speaker 5: They said, yeah, well, firstly it was it was took me ten minutes, fifteen minutes trying and find a car park at the place for that was half the battle. And then once you got the car, I'm like, I've got bar hanging off me, I'm covered in dirt, I've got one shoe on, there's money come out of me. And I'm walking up walk into the emergency room, trail of blood in behind me, and I walk up to the desk like what happened? I said, I was in a plane crash, like you're insane, and then they shut me down, send me off to the cyclon. And it wasn't until I said, no, look, I'll share the photo, and I mourned up showing a photo and a video that they're like, holy shit, and then rushed me into emergency.
Speaker 3: So good plays.
Speaker 2: So, Jake, were you sharing this on you were sharing this on social media at the time when this was all happening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, so I was knocked out for a while and then woke up hanging upside down in there and was like, holy crap. I surdvised, and so I thought as I was climbing out and the phone coming out of my pocket and in the head like I'm a film it. So then I started filming it all, and then I posted on my snapchat but it didn't load, and because there's no reception down there, so it only loaded when I got into the hospital and everyone's watching it, all my mates just going.
Speaker 5: Ah, you know, this idiot is sound the slave crust somewhere. And it wasn't until I was on the news that night that everyone started getting back to me and going, holy crap, you're actually in a plane crack. Yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you ever think you were going to actually die? Like when the plane's going down. I know it's all fun and games now and we're having to laugh because you're all right, but did you actually think, holy bejeebers, this could be the end of my life?
Speaker 5: Not really like I didn't even really like I've had a pretty wild lifestyle going on, so there's a way something bad. But now it's just more like just thinking about how I'm going to get this thing down. And then the only thing that did cross my mind was as those trees were getting big really fast, I'm just thinking, ship, this is going to hurt a lot. But I thought I was going to die, though I was surprised when I did wake up. I'm not going to lie I was like, we made it.
Speaker 2: You are super human, I mean social media stupid like snap chatting driving yourself to the hospital. I mean, yeah, I don't know whether you were delirious or full of energy or what was going on there, but I can't believe it either that.
Speaker 3: He has died and this is the afterlife and you're hallucinating all this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, it's definitely definitely used one of my lives on that one, for sure.
Speaker 1: But well, I hope you bought a lot of ticket.
Speaker 3: Jake. All right, Jake, thanks for coming on. Buddy, there's Jake Elvin. What an interesting story that is. We all have a dog in our lives, we do.
Speaker 1: It's your dog.
Speaker 3: I've got a childhood dog. Hamish named him after Hamish and Andy and then they yeah, a little radio nerd. It's a cute, little full sir moment. And I've just been back home with my parents over the last weekend and Hamish was sleeping in bed with me and I kind of got a bit itchy. And the poor thing is thirteen years old, so he's got like he's got the skiddy, So he left skid mark in your bed. I am shook a poop with the bed, and I started googling. I thought, is this safe? And I came across this article right, which is true.
Speaker 1: I love that that is your thought. It's the pooh safe.
Speaker 3: I showered first, I scrubbed the poo off, and then I got to googling. Sixty two percent of pet owners now share a bed in Australia with their cat or their dog, which is what a new pole is saying. Now, it can actually cost you your life.
Speaker 1: Stop it, you're so dramatic.
Speaker 3: Sharing your bed with your dog increases the chance of them transferring my crobes that sit on a dog skin, possibly via licking feces and that's me, or from their fur. You can contract lime disease from having these dogs and these animals sleep next to you every single night. It's dangerous, you know what.
Speaker 2: I used to let so. I have a bull Arab. He's like a cross between a Great Dane and a bull Mastiff. He's huge, and when I was single, I used to have him sleep in the bed with me. Felt like not oh like that. I just had a pick who's a big, warm body to cuddle anyway. He this one night I felled him wake up and I was like, oh, what's he doing? And it was pitch black, and then I heard him whimper, and then he vomited on my chest in the middle of the night, like great Dane vomit onto my chest.
Speaker 1: And people pay for that.
Speaker 2: No, he's never slept in my bed since, so the poor thing he's out in the lounge on.
Speaker 1: The dog bedsgusing. Look, I'm my doctor, Lailah. She's the light of my life. She's all I've I was gonna say she's all I've got, but that was a bit doom and glim She's all I've got.
Speaker 2: She can vomit on me.
Speaker 1: She I let her sleep in my bed. She's cute, she's cuddly, she's safe. So she's in my bed. Yeah, I think it's fine.
Speaker 3: Listen, none of us are vets, and we're not doctors, but we have pets, and I'm worried about your lives, the two of you, so I've got concerned. I've got doctor Lisa Chimes. You'll know her from the Bond famous man. Hi, doctor Lisa, can you tell us please? Are we to get seek from spooning our dogs?
Speaker 4: Hi, guys, let's just take a breath here.
Speaker 3: I've been listening to what's.
Speaker 4: Going on, and I'm just chuckling away to myself. So that article is very sensationalized. Yeah, so, so no cause for major alarm. I think we have to take it on an individual basis. If you've got a clean dog that's well looked after and doesn't have mics and doesn't have fleas, and you keep up with your vet checks, your dog's going to be fine. If you're healthy, you're not in you a compromised Put the dog in your bed. If your dog's got great behavior, you know, if they're not guarding the bed and they're not aggressive, and they're not you know, overly anxious, put your dog in your bed. You know, you kind of have to just go on an individual basis. Like dogs, dogs all of different personalities, all of different health problems.
Speaker 5: All of us do too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my dogs are in my bed. I have two of them on the bed and we're fine.
Speaker 2: Your bed, what kind of docs?
Speaker 4: Where does your husband squeezes somewhere? The dogs kind of push him to the side. The one dog likes to be on the floor, the other one chooses a bed, The bigger one chooses the bed.
Speaker 1: Of course, the real.
Speaker 2: Question take your work. I mean, the real question is have you ever had a dog vomit on your chest in the middle of the night. Then you haven't, and.
Speaker 3: Did you pay for it? Doctor Lisa.
Speaker 4: Not vomit on my chest, that's the new one. But I have had one multiple times, two on the floor and I wake up in the morning and I've walk on it.
Speaker 2: No, don't need that. As much as they're beautiful companions, you don't need it in your bedroom the two kids to do that, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not that I have the kids.
Speaker 1: What about four kids?
Speaker 4: I have four, so they don't sleep in the bed. The dogs gets sleep in the bed.
Speaker 2: We know the hierarchy in your house, doctor Lisa, real hierarchy.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you. Doctor Lisa got to the bottom of it there. I feel like she was mad at me as well. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I just the article fake news.
Speaker 1: You are a hypochondriac, and you also don't read articles. I think you just look at the click Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just looked at to be honest, there was just a photo of a dog and then a disease, and like the disease with the skull on the cross. So I just sort of put you a plain picture. It's like, yeah, not.
Speaker 2: Fun I won the mother in law jackpot. I truly did. Matt's mum is an incredible dream come true when I love her so much. But look, that's not what I want to tell you about. We recently went on a family holiday to Rockampton and it was a beautiful holiday. It was all of Matt's side of the family, the kids, his sister, her kids, Matt's brothers, and Matt's mum.
Speaker 3: The big trip with the family.
Speaker 2: It was a very big trip now considering that there was quite a few of us in the house. Two weeks before we went away, Matt's mum sent an email saying email very formal, saying, I need to know everyone's shopping order because we need to place an order before we get to Rockampton because apparently there's no grocery stores there.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I like that thinks ahead prepped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's very very food orientated and I understand, like as the mom, as the nana, she always wants to make sure that like the meals are ready, that everyone knows what they're what they're gonna eat, that no one goes hungry.
Speaker 3: She was a single mum raising a whole bunch of kids.
Speaker 2: Ye have five children, you know, so she always had to be planned with what meals were gonna pop up, because you know, you just she's got four boys. You don't want four hungry boys.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of food.
Speaker 2: So we arrive at our holiday destination and our luggage has gone missing. But Ellie starts to freak out. She's so upset because she has some things in her luggage that she needs. They need to be refrigerated. It turns out that she has not only has she done the pre ordered packing and the pre ordered ordering of our food, she's also packed in her suitcase frozen meals for every single dinner. She packed a frozen lasagna. She packed seven chicken fillow pastries that were frozen. She packed a frozen bolonnaise. She packed frozen Keisha's do.
Speaker 1: You mean frozen? Is in like the pre made meals from the frozen section? Or she makes you crazy?
Speaker 2: She did full holiday meal prep and frozen in her luggage and then my luggage onto the.
Speaker 1: Planet, absolute dream boat? Is it? Y?
Speaker 2: Is the weirdest thing I've ever heard? She packed a frozen bolonnaise in her luggage with her hair dryer.
Speaker 1: Think of how I think of how often you're at your new accommodation and you're like, man, I feel like a lasagna right now. She's got it.
Speaker 3: Never I've never once sat in a tropical holiday destination and thought, you know what, I love my Nana's mussaka. I want to go out, and I want to go and get a beautiful meal, because that is part of the holiday, the experience of going out rue.
Speaker 2: I also want the spontaneity. I don't know if I want to have a bolonnaise on a Sunday night. I want to maybe ordered tie on Uber Eats.
Speaker 1: I think it's more. I don't think she's gonna sit you down and tie you to the chair and say I made this, eat it. But it's probably more of a backup in case anyone's extra hunger or a snack.
Speaker 2: Or but it's meal prep. We can't leave a frozen lasagna in rock Hampton.
Speaker 1: Course you can't.
Speaker 2: So look, I'm not gonna lie. It came in very handy on some occasions, but when you had a bolonnaise on Saturday night and then Sunday is going to be the lasagna, There's a part of me that was like, why did why are we doing this?
Speaker 3: Where does Matt sit on this because he's Matt, Like, hey, Mom, let me get the meat bag. Like, is it something they bring on every trip to the kids know that she does this. Is he judging you for thinking it's odd?
Speaker 2: I think it is so normal to them.
Speaker 1: It it's okay because it's so laced with good intention. That's why I think it's she wants everyone to be fed. She doesn't wan anyone to panic. She wants them to have a good, hearty, home cooked meal. It's a bit strange. It just doesn't let you go out at all. You have to sit down and have every meal in that she's cooked. But I love the intention behind it.
Speaker 2: So weird or a fine just saying fine.
Speaker 3: It's weird. Now it's weird. Hey mom, you got the samson I with the lamb chops in it.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't love it. You love a home cooked meal.
Speaker 3: I met Matt's mum at your wedding and we bonded. We bonded so hard and so well. And you know what's really funny, because you were staying in a location for your wedding. It was a destination wedding. I remember now she was getting her bags out of the back of the car and they fell to the ground because they.
Speaker 2: Were full of ice bricked schnitzels.
Speaker 1: For the wedding. She catered the wedding.
Speaker 3: That's why the wedding food felt a bit frozen. It was snap frozen.
Speaker 1: Look would I do it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: But I don't even cook for myself in my house when I live in it for that night. So no, Do I think it's weird? No, I think it's fine.
Speaker 3: Weird.
Speaker 1: No, she she loves your guys. Also, maybe she was trying. It's economically bad times, it's hard times. Maybe she's trying to save money for everyone.
Speaker 3: Are you serious? Oh babe, welcome to the locate.
Speaker 1: Everyone goes to Hawaii.
Speaker 3: Did you bring the sunscreen? You bring the goggles? Of course?
Speaker 1: What about the lasagna? Got it?
Speaker 3: Do you have the beefborg and young?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course I do.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, but it's so stupid. That's so good. All right? We love you Ellie here at the pickup, But you know, go to subway for God's sake.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: I want to speak about it. A man in Turkey's head, believe it or not, that's where we're going today.
Speaker 2: A man in Turkey head way to Turkey and all the way to the head.
Speaker 1: His head isn't in a turkey.
Speaker 3: Right, he's in the country or the animal.
Speaker 1: There is a man that lives in Turkey and he is wildly addicted to cigarettes, to packets plus a day is what he said. His father had lung cancer and he didn't want to do that. He didn't want to die from lung cancer, but he was so addicted he couldn't stop. So he has come up with a very innovative way of quitting smoking. I want to know what you think about it. He got inspiration from like a football helmet, you know, the big American football helmets, and they go across the mouth.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The cage he had like a cage.
Speaker 1: So he's made his own cage. He got one hundred and thirty feet of wire, copper wire, and wrapped it around his head only millimeters apart. Now I've got a picture. He have a look. There is a wire cage that goes all around his head, his eyes, his face, there is and he's put a padlock on it. There's no way in or out of this cage, and it's just around his neck, his face, his head. So he's walking around almost like a sea through bowling ball is on his.
Speaker 2: Head, but he made it himself.
Speaker 3: It's very good on Etsy that sell.
Speaker 1: Well, absolutely trademark that immediately. But it's he can't even not only can not get a cigarette through it, but you can only eat like a bird like he's got to eat these little crumbs. They feed him crumbs, his family crumbs through the cage, tiny SIPs and water, and he does. He goes to work in it. He lives twenty four hours a day in it. He only takes it off when he needs a proper meal. And he can only get it off when his family unlock it with the key.
Speaker 2: So he has given somebody else full access to keep his head locked on a lot of trust to a lot of trust.
Speaker 1: If you lost the key, Laura loses everything. I would never give you my head age key.
Speaker 2: Nah, don't do you know what? I lock my phone sometimes into those little lock boxes at nighttime? Do you just yeah to just get like an out because I'm very addicted to my phone. Actually, wow, you're all looking at me like I'm crazy. I don't put my head in a metal cage.
Speaker 3: What did you go to a bank and go can I have one of those lock boxes for my phone.
Speaker 2: No, I have one of those little lock boxes that's got a timer on it. You put your phone inside it and then you can't get your phone out until the time that you've put on there it expires and then it reopen.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's really cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he should have just done this for his head and then he could have pre programmed and didn't have to give a key to But he put his.
Speaker 3: Head in an electronically timed box.
Speaker 1: But what happens when you really really hungry, or what happens if you're sick and you need to vomit and you don't have the key, or it's like when you push something down to drain, like spaghetti or something.
Speaker 2: It'd be like vomiting through a fly screen. But do you know what.
Speaker 3: He looks like? You know those roase turkeys you get at the grocery store that have the netting around them. Because he's ball, That's what his head looks like. He looks like a rose.
Speaker 1: He looked like a serial kill. If I saw that walking down the street, I would run onto the other side.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would run away. Very embarrassing, but very very effective. And also some people have to go and take shampicks for smoking. Shampicks is like the It's like an addiction drug that you can take and it makes you go absolutely loopy. That's one of the side effects is that you have psychosis.
Speaker 3: Did he quit?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: Done it?
Speaker 1: It's actually it's happening live, Like the world's watching on to Cage Man live.
Speaker 3: Was there a go prop into that cave?
Speaker 1: Well, we're being updated live, but he currently is down to zero. But that's got the cage is still on his head.
Speaker 2: Surprising.
Speaker 1: I think the real test is going to come when the cage is removed and life goes back to normal. Is he going to smoke again? But I'm intrigued watch the space that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Curb his addiction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do we do for sex addicts?
Speaker 5: Coming in?
Speaker 3: Really really really tiny size