Speaker 1: It's honestly easier to stay where you are. You don't have to do the work, you are comfortable, you don't have to take the risk. There's no risk of falling. But it's like, do you want to do that or do you want to move to the next level? You always have a choice. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello and welcome back to the Rising Conker Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stevenson, lawyer turned entrepreneur, mother, business owner, all the things guys. Today we are chatting how to know when you are moving to the next level and how to deal with it because it usually doesn't feel good. Yes, a Tea doesn't know what we're talking about in this.
Speaker 2: Episode, so her face lit up.
Speaker 1: Then she's like, oh love, So guys, before we get into that, though, I do want to just say last week was a bit wild. I just want to give a shout out and just say thank you so much for all the love and support on my LSKD Rise collection. Very surreal, very thankful to you guys, and.
Speaker 2: It's the best collection ever.
Speaker 1: I Tea pretty much sold out the collection guy myself. No, it's not fully sold out, but a lot of like you know, the key styles sold out very fast. We kind of knew that. So just incredible. Yeah, I don't know what else to say, but thank you. It's always a weird thing when you're putting something out that is your creation, your personal choices, because you know, if people don't like it, it does feel very personal. So like I, you know, had a lot of anxiety around it, just a little you know, nervousness to be expected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so feel.
Speaker 1: Very relieved and like, yeah, very thankful and very grateful. I know I would be nowhere without my community. So I'm just so glad you guys like the collection and I can't wait to see you guys in it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so let's.
Speaker 1: Talk about new chapters a tear.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: So I have kind of expressed to you guys that I'm going through this weird limbo stage where I kind of know I'm in a transition entering into a new chapter. Obviously, I've just become a mom. I'm navigating what that looks like with my businesses and just mom life is very hard, and I definitely don't feel like I've found my feet. I definitely don't have it all together, and then throwing in me Tim and Ivy and moving house, which.
Speaker 2: Is really exciting.
Speaker 1: So I just feel like that towards the end of the year is going to be this big thing of like settling in or finding our feet, and then you know, next year will be when I feel more I guess, like secure and grounded. Yeah, grounded in like myself. And I think that's another thing too, is personally I feel very I guess I'm sure on like who Georgie is, which I don't know if you guys get that from how I am or if that does, I haven't got that. And that's and that's why I want to be very open and transparent because I think on Instagram it looks like I've got it all together and I'm killing mom life and I'm killing it in my businesses and not not that I'm not, but I think, you know, what happens in your mind internally is just usually a lot different, and I think that's and that's why I want to chat about this today because you know, I am someone who has done a lot of self development and I have gone through a lot of deaths, of my old self and like very much transformed and you know, gone to that next level and then gone to that next level.
Speaker 2: But it's like it doesn't get easier. I'm exhausted.
Speaker 1: So I'm currently like in the midst of it, and so I'm like, I usually talk about things after. I love to have it all together for you guys. I love to have all my notes, have all my journaling prompts for you, and I don't. No, I definitely have some journaling prompts, but I thought, let's just talk about it raw and real. I'm literally in the midst of going to a next level, so let's like explore that.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: I have a question straight up, how long does this period usually last for you? Or is it sometimes like a few weeks? Is it sometimes a few months? How long do you feel this current one has been going on for in the sense that, like, I know, some people might think they're going to the next level and then they're like, but it's been six months feeling like that. Yeah, it's always going to depend on what that next sort of chapter and that next level is for you.
Speaker 1: But for example, I feel like I've been going through this like since i'vey was born. Yeah, so like nearly nine months, and it also doesn't look very clear. But I think that's my point of this episode is you need to get comfortable with that, because otherwise, anytime you do enter this, you know, uncertainty stage going to the next level, you will spiral and sometimes it is a long period of time and if you can't handle it, yeah, you regress. Yeah, of course, So let's chat about how I've realized I'm in this very specific time of entering a new chapter, entering the next level. So guys, when I say the next level, I'm just talking about the next you, the next embodiment of you that is different to who you are. And of course we have very subtle next levels that it's like you might look back and be like, oh my god, I've come so far, it was so easy, felt so aligned the whole time. Those are great next levels, and then sometimes life will just feel not aligned, life will feel quite difficult, and you'll be like you, it's a feeling of being like really stuck, and like, why are things not just happening a bit more simpler and a bit more easier. Why do I feel uncertain? For example, me, I've struggled a lot with my intuition. I'm usually someone who's so strong my intuition. I know what I want. I don't poll people. I'm like very scented and grounded. And you've probably noticed lately a Tia I've been pulling people and being like, yeah, what should I do here? And that's that's not me. And so that's how I know I'm going to, you know, the next level because she's feeling a bit funky.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've known I'm in this transition, but it wasn't until recently that it got really clear for me. And I've been very open with you guys about our new house so exciting, which was supposed to be my goal for the project, but it happened sooner than we thought. I won't go into the whole thing, but basically, long story short, the house came into our life in a very weird way of I had my eye on this house for years, but never thought it was in my reach, never thought I was good enough. Like I just was like, oh my god, no, like I just I could never it was that sort of thing. But then I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was not actually on market. I text the agent said, you know, would they seller be interested in buying? They were long story short, that is like how it happened, and there was a bit of back and forth where we agreed to a price. I thought it was happening, and then the seller kind of said no, it was off the table. And then a couple of months later they came back and they said, yes, it's back on. So this has been happening like for ages. I can't even remember the month, like maybe May it started, so six months that it has been like hot and cold. Been been really playing with me. But everything is happening. You know, finance went through, everything was perfect. So we're a couple of weeks away from settlement.
Speaker 2: Yay. And it's funny though.
Speaker 1: Because I even thought to myself, I actually don't usually tell people until like we're.
Speaker 2: In the house. Yeah, but I told everyone.
Speaker 1: And so we've got a call from like the lawyers the other day. I'm not going to get into the specifics, but something had happen where we legally could terminate the contract because they found something you know, that the seller had not disclosed. Blah blah blah blah. Not going to get into it. So we came to and also.
Speaker 3: Guys, my mouth is like, oh I happen right now?
Speaker 2: She's like what?
Speaker 1: And I literally thought to myself, I went, I spiraled. I was like, oh my god, I knew this was going to happen. No, I we're not meant for that house. Not that we're not meant because I've all along this house is meant for us. But I was like, how could I think that we could have that house? Now? Who am I to have that sort of property now?
Speaker 3: But like this, this is in your court though, right, yeah, yeah you can termine.
Speaker 2: We yeah, we get to side. But the news was Okay.
Speaker 1: I did think about it. I was like, maybe we should Okay, it didn't look great, right, but we still had the decision correct, Okay. So but that's what I mean. I spiraled and I was like, you know, maybe this is a sign we're not actually meant to go in this house. And I have a lot of fear with this house because it does feel very you know, next level for you know, me and Tim. It does feel like a stretch, you know, financially, and even I've had a lot of fear to be very transparent, like you know, the interest rates have been rising and so I've been like, you know, there's talks of a recession coming and all these things that I'm like, very fear based of, Oh this is you know, this is happening, because you know, if we do go ahead with the house, something's going to happen, you know, with the recession, with the business, we're going to lose the house, or we're gonna have to sell it, or you know, all these very fear based things which you get from the news. And so my mind straight like straight away went there. And it's funny because I was talking to Cooper and I explained to him what had happened, and I was like, well, that's it, We're not going to.
Speaker 2: Get the house. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it's been such a fuck around, you know, very negative, very spirally.
Speaker 2: And he literally like laughed and he's like rudo.
Speaker 1: He's like, pull it together, Georgia. He said, you are just scared because you're going to the next level and you're going into the unknown. And I am so I know he pulled me on my shit straight away, and he goes what came up is like nothing, like, who cares, It's a joke. I can't believe you'd even think about, you know, bletmody Like yeah, get over it basically was his answer. And he just said to me straight up, He goes, I know you're scared of this. I know you're scared, and that is because this is next level Georgie. This is Georgie who you've spoken about for years, and you know you're you're scared of going to this new chapter. You've got a new baby. You know, there's already a lot that is happening that feels unknown and out of your control. So you're holding on to what you can of what feels known. But he's like, we don't do that, Georgia. I'm like, fuck, And he completely pulled me up on my shit.
Speaker 2: That's so good, which is so good.
Speaker 1: It's funny because he literally like was laughing at me and I was like about crying, and it then got me thinking and I had to literally get me little journal out and journal through all these fears and limiting beliefs around. So, first of all, you know, with the house of the financial stretch, it's like I had to go, well, you wouldn't have got the finance if you couldn't afford this house.
Speaker 2: There's somebody's job to check back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know, and it's not It's definitely not like we bought this house outright, so like you wouldn't have got the finance if you could not afford this house. Yeah, they've done their backwork. A bank's not going to give you the loan if you cannot repay it. And then I had to go. A big thing also about this house is obviously because the seller had a lot of power because we came to them or was like we want the house, you know, price wise. It's not like we got you know, a sweet deal you know when I don't know if you know this, Stia, but when you purchase a house and obviously get a loan for the house, the bank sends in a value are that just make sure the price that you're paying for the house is correct and they can you know, for instance, if something was to happen and they have to sell the house, they know.
Speaker 2: The bank can get their money back. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So obviously they did that and it checked out. So it's not like I know, what we're paying is good. But it's not like you know, with the current chips, no, like the current market that was never going to happen. Yeah, And also I very much make our house decisions off this is our family home. This is not me wanting to flip a house and make money off it. It's like, this is our family home. This is going to create memories that.
Speaker 3: This is where Ivy will grow up kind of correct and this.
Speaker 1: So that's the vibe. So it's always like that's what it is. So then even that side of things, I, you know, have some limiting beliefs around that, oh did we pay too much?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Is this are we now going to not be able for the repayments because the interest rates are going up? And so something I had to do with that limiting belief is remind myself. So with our current house that we're in, kind of a similar thing happened where our current house is, like we were just wanting to move to the Gold Coast. We didn't we wanted to live in that certain area because Cooper lived there and we didn't have any other family in the Gold Coast. It also was just like so perfect in the way of it was a Whitehampton's house, it was brand new, it was like everything that we wanted. Yeah, so you know, like real estate dot Com where they're like offers over this price, and you're obviously supposed to go in under and then like barter and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just went straight and were.
Speaker 1: Because they said there's another person bidding, like give us your final offer basically, so again we're just like, yeah, this is our max, this is our max.
Speaker 2: Of course we paid that.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because at that time, when we bought three years ago, I had a friend who was no longer a friend who was like a real estate person, who was like, you've paid too much, blah blah blah, doubts, limiting beliefs. And it's funny because obviously then the market went crazy and our house value pretty much doubled, and so I was like, do you know what I mean, Like, Georgia, stop being silly. Yeah, because you have absolutely no idea. What you have no idea? And also worst case scenario so if for whatever reason, like interest rates or anything, you can just sell the house, yeah, it's like and go back into the one yeah like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I had to work through these limiting beliefs, and I guess a big thing for me is knowing when I am, you know, standing in my own way and just kind of creating worrying problems that don't actually need to be there. Yeah, and so that was a moment where I had to catch myself and I had to go through the limiting beliefs, like I went through the exact formula that we teach in the Rise and Conker Project. And I guess I wanted to be very like upfront and transparent because I think some people can think I would never have those thoughts or I would never you know, not have the belief in myself. But it's like we all have these thoughts and it always feels uncomfortable, and it's honestly easier to stay where you are.
Speaker 2: It's easier always you.
Speaker 1: Don't have to do the work, you are comfortable, you don't have to take the risk, there's no risk of falling. But it's like do you want to do that or do you want to move to the next level? Yeah, you always have a choice.
Speaker 3: And when you felt those limiting beliefs and stuff starting to creep in, obviously you wouldn't never recognize straight away that that's what was happening. Yes, how did you like what was the trigger where you were like, I'm blocking myself.
Speaker 1: Love so and I Min Cooper had this conversation the other day because he was going through something where he was deciding whether to do something and I was like, the reason or not doing it is it because of fear? And he's like, yes, well I was like, oh, well, it's a limiting belief. So anything that comes up that is fear based means that it's like you were trying to protect yourself, which is great that you do that, because that's why we, you know, don't die. It's important we have the ego. But anything that comes from a fear base, not that feels aligned and in integrity, is what I know is a limited belief. And also, if you are somewhat clear on your next level, huge thing is when you're making that decision, are you currently making it from the person you are now, who is feeling scared fear based, you know, uncomfortable, or are you making it from the person who you want to be and who's done the thing, who's done the thing and what would they do? And I think that's very much huge thing about moving to the next level is embodying that person before it feels comfortable. Yeah, because I think some people think, oh, you know, I'll just I'll wait until I feel confident or I'll wait until this thing, but it's like you don't actually realize you have to do the thing first and then you feel confident literally, right.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's the biggest one, is like even with the one that comes to mind is weight loss. When people are like, oh, our wear dress is like that when I'm skinny, Yes, but like you have to wear that dress now, yes, and then you will start to feel comfortable and beautiful no matter what.
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly. And then something that I guess, you know, something that came up to me in the exercise that I did was really embodying the person who I want to be. And so it is hard sometimes because we're not often clear.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So like I said, like I'm feeling a bit unclear and feeling a bit you know, burnt out, and I think the best thing if you're feeling unclear is to create space. So that's like a huge thing that I'm doing right now is like I'm not booking things in. I've got a lot of things booked in, but that's for example, something I'm doing is like not booking things in the new year. We may have you know, tentative things, but we're not hard booking things in because I just expressed but it's I need some space to actually regroup and get clear on like who I want to be and what I want to embody. But I guess I wanted to just come on here and be like, it's always going to feel uncomfortable, and it's also going to feel like who am I to want that thing? Who am I to? You know? Why do I need to be that person? Why do I, you know, need that house? Who am I to have that sort of house? Or like who am I to get that promotion? Why don't we even care about that promotion? We always have these things that come up. It's like it's the same as who am I to start that business? Who am I to?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Put myself first when there's you know, people I've got to look after and this and that. And I think the big thing of what I was just saying before is if we look at a lot of successful people, it's because they very much embody their vision. I do like that. I have a question as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you say, say you're creating space and you're not booking things in, Yeah, how would that look like for someone who might not be self employed. Because obviously, for you, that means like tentatively putting things in for NH or for R and C, or for like your personal brand. But what would that look like for someone who's just got the nine to five? How did they create space in that sense? Well, obviously in their job that is, that's not where it's going to happen because you're working for someone else. Yeah, but it's creating space, you know, in your routine, in your weekends. You know, I'm someone who gets recharged when I'm like alone or like family time, So it would be putting.
Speaker 1: That in for me. But well, I guess, like onto that I tea, I do have some journal prompts that for the audience if they are in a similar situation, because I think sometimes it is hard to see and I think sometimes like in my instance, I've kind of caught myself. But I think if you don't catch yourself, you do tend to self sabotage. Absolutely, because what I absolutely wanted to do then was terminate the contract and just stay in my little home and just be comfortable and no joke. If I didn't have like Cooper and Tim telling me I was ridiculous. I would have Oh my god, Like.
Speaker 2: I just was like, no, too soon, too much.
Speaker 1: I'm just getting a hold of like, you know, being a mom and business and like what am I thinking? Like, really would a self sabotage? And it's like it wouldn't have been the end of the world. No, but I very much truly believe this.
Speaker 2: Is delayed the process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would have delayed my next chapter. And it's like, it's not specifically about a house, because you don't need a house for a next chapter. Yeah, that's not the thing. It's about the next chapter.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then so I think if you can catch yourself in these moments, something that I want you guys to think in journal on is where in your life are you playing small or are you still sitting in an old identity? Write it down? Come on. So when I say old identity, this is just something I notice again, this is the whole To get to that next level, you have to embody that next level. So it's like the old identity is currently if you've got a goal for something or if you know you're at that you know, wanting to get to that next level, you do need to start saying as that person who is already there. What would they feel like, what would their routines be, what would their habits be, what would their spending habits be, blah blah blah. And so that is an identity. What sort of beliefs would they have in themselves, what would they prioritize, et cetera. And so I guarantee you there's you know, if you're in this moment, there's something there that's you're like, Okay, I'm really playing into this old identity because it could be a story. It's a story that things don't happen for me. I don't deserve that thing, you know, not having enough self worth to believe you deserve that thing. So just think where am I playing small? Where am I playing into an old identity? And then ask yourself is it serving you by staying there? Or not? Most times, no, again it's your choice. You don't. You don't always have to constantly go to that next level. Sometimes it is serving you. Of I just need a period of staying still creating space. But you know, asking yourself is it currently serving me? Or do I need to you know, start making some action. Yeah, And because the thing is, like we said before, it is always going to feel easier and comfortable to stay in that place. Of course, you don't have to do the work. You don't have to go through these anxious feelings because they are the anxious feelings. They're not like the nicest feelings, and you usually feel a bit out of control, like I've felt in the last couple of weeks. It's very not grounded.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like you're like doggie paddling and for just like endless amounts of time, and your feet just can't ever touch the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you feel like you're just doing one step in front of the other, but you can like never get ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the last question I want you guys to think about is just how can I change this story? How can I see this thing differently? So for me and you know my scenario, I just had to have a pep talk with myself and I was like, Georgia, you've done this before, girl, lots of times. You're going to a new level. This is exciting. This is going to, you know, be the thing that helps you feel you know, secure in yourself, because I haven't recently. This is going to you know, you've got you've really got a pet talk yourself. This is the right step, because I had to remind myself, like, remember how this house came to you, Like it was so magical and so like MANIFESTI it was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It can't be the wrong thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it felt so intuitively right. And it's like Georgia, you have to trust yourself. You can't get to the final hour and then not trust yourself. And it's like it wouldn't have come to you this way. It would have felt like that if it's wrong for you. Yes, And so you know, I had to give myself that pep talk. And it's just about it's changing the story. It's changing the narrative and going remember previously how you've felt these feelings and then you've gone to the new you or the next level, and remember how exciting and good that was. Yeah, like imagine and like remember how you looked back and was like, oh my god, that was better than I could have imagined. Lock into that feeling, girl. Yeah, And I.
Speaker 2: Loved the question.
Speaker 3: The other question you said that you asked yourself before as well, And it could even be something people journal and if it helps them, but you can ask yourself, is this coming from a place of fear, and if it is, I just need to do it anyway.
Speaker 1: Yes, if there's things stopping you or feeling hard, it's like, oh, you're coming to a crossroads. Yeah, how you make that decision? Is am I making you scared of? Well not like you've got to also have like logic brain in there, but it's like, am I not going to do this thing because it's a fear based rather than not in integrity? I know this is not the right thing for me. Yeah, and you will like you'll know the difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh for sure.
Speaker 1: So guys, that was my little pep talk slash rant of the day. I just I know when I'm feeling these things and going through it, you know some of you may be feeling that too. So I just wanted to have a chat about it. And it's like I had to, you know, when I was pep talking myself. It's like, have the audacity to be that person because if we aren't you know, moving forward, if we aren't going through challenges, if we aren't getting uncomfortable, we aren't growing. And it's just it's so important. And if you're listening to this podcast, girl, you're.
Speaker 2: Someone who wants to grow. We're growers here.
Speaker 1: And also just know I usually find before a sweet spot or like really amazing moments of my life. It has felt like this. It's felt shit, it's felt I haven't felt grounded, I haven't felt like this is me. I've felt a lot of fear, a lot of anxiety. So it's like, hold on, Like, if you're feeling like this, it usually means that something really great is around the corner, and you've got to keep trusting the universe and yourself and your intuition.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Have the audacity to be that person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be hot and unbothered.
Speaker 1: Yes, literally, So, guys, I hope you enjoyed this episode. You know, let's start getting comfortable with the unknowns. Yeah, please come over to Instagram. We're going to do some polls and fun stuff and just I want to know how you guys are feeling. Am I the really on? But yeah, come over and chat. And also, guys, we chat about this stuff in the Facebook group too. Come over to Rise and Conquer podcast community because like we have chats in there too. But anything to add a tear, any questions, anything to add on new chapters, stretching yourself, you know, going to that next level.
Speaker 3: Oh, how do you tell the difference when you're just in a funk verse when you're going to the next level? Or are you always going to the next level when you're in a funk?
Speaker 1: Not necessarily, because like I said, I don't think you should always be like this huge level up because like how exhausting. So when I'm in a funk, it's either I'm going to that next level and I've got to hold on and I've got to keep to my practices, or if I'm in a funk, but I'm like, I know there's new no next level. I'm just in a funk. It's because I'm out of alignment. So I look at and I think we have a whole episode about alignment that we can link. But it's like, where in my life am I making decisions that don't align with myself? Where in my life am I not prioritizing things that don't align with me? Where in my life am I spending time with people that no longer align with me? Basically, like where am I putting my energy that doesn't feel right to me? And I fix that and then I'm usually back into alignment and off we go.
Speaker 2: But that's true.
Speaker 1: It's like you can feel these feelings when you're out of alignment when you go into that next level. But the funky thing, when you go into that next level, you will have a goal. You will have that I know there's a new chapter. I know this right there. Yeah, I love that. Thanks so much, guys, Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Rise Andconquer dot podcasts and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise in Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.
Speaker 2: The Rise in.
Speaker 1: Concer podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, see and community. We pay our respect to their elders, past and present, and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrest raid Islander peoples today. Hello, and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things.