Speaker 1: Hello, it's Artsimone and I have been searching far and wide to find people with interesting jobs, we'd hobbies, and some very naughty secrets. They may seem a little bland and boring to begin with, but don't let that fool you. They are concealing something scandalous, interesting, or a bit weird from both of us. Yeah, that's right, I don't know what it is. We're going to find that bit out together. Let's meet our weird and wonderful guest action.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: My name is Lisa. I live in New South Wales and I'm a mother of free children. I am a care of my son who has Down syndrome and autism. I love to shop, play tennis, and travel. One of my favorite places to travel is Japan, and I'm currently learning Japanese. I'm concealing something about me that has allowed me to have my fifteen minutes of fame.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I've been on TV shows, in magazines and newspaper and it has even given me the opportunity to travel the world.
Speaker 1: Hello, Lisa, how are you good?
Speaker 2: Thank you? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing really well? Thank you? Okay, lovely to meet you. This is the first time we've ever met that. I know you're looking very fresh face today. Is that a nice floral purple blouse you have on there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm matching you.
Speaker 1: I know. It's like it's like we got it. You must have got the telepathic messages I was sending through as you were getting dressed today. Pick the purple, Pick the purple. All right. So you've got some kids. You like to travel. What's your most favorite place? You've traveled too?
Speaker 2: Japan? And I also like to go to the USA.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I love the US as well. Where have you gone? Where's your favorite spot in the US?
Speaker 2: San Francisco?
Speaker 1: Oh, I've never been to Sandford. What do I have to go see there? If you were my tour guide in San fran what would I need to go and see?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: The Golden Gate Bridge. You can't miss that one.
Speaker 1: Oh the bridge. Yes, I did watch a very sad documentary about that one. But that's for another time, okay. And so you like to go shopping. What's your favorite thing to purchase? You know, I want to know what tickles you pickle?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure about that one.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: You like to go close shopping, makeup shopping?
Speaker 3: No, not really, I don't like to buy clothes or shoes.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're more of a window shopper. You just like the experience.
Speaker 2: No, I'd like to buy stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I won't. I'm not going to push into that anymore. I will leave that for a second. Tennis. You said you like tennis. Favorite tennis player.
Speaker 3: Oh, dear, I don't really watch that much tennis, but I play a lot of tennis.
Speaker 1: I love you like to play tennis. Okay, Okay, I thought I just caught you up on a fib then I love Jenni's what I didn't actually know anything about it. This sounds like me on a first date when I'm trying to impress the person I'm with, and I'm like, oh, I'm really into sport. I go to the gym twelve times the week. I into clean eating as well. Yeah, raw vegetables, That's what I'm into. Okay. Now I'm going to ask you three questions, okay, and from the answer to those three questions, I need to decide what it is you're concealing from me. Okay, Now, you give me a little hint. You've had your fifteen minutes of fame thanks to this, and I don't know that could be anything you could have. Maybe you were on Australia and ID or I don't know. Okay. But the first question I have is what is your go to snack?
Speaker 2: I like nuts, nuts.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite nut?
Speaker 2: Peanuts?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know, peanut, that's nuts. Actually I'm delicious.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm hoping you don't have an allergy.
Speaker 2: No, I don't have analogy.
Speaker 1: Okay, that would be some kind of evil torture to yourself. You're like, I love nuts, I just can't eat them. That's just me on some days. But question number two what have you is what is the best gift you have ever received?
Speaker 3: When I was young, I received a trinket and I treasured that trinket. I also received a engagement gift and I always treasure that as well.
Speaker 1: All Right, you've received a trinket and you'll love it, okay, And you've got an engagement gift and you love it.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Question number three, I'm trying to put it together. If I had a magic wand and was going to turn you into an animal for one day, what animal would you choose?
Speaker 2: I say, a dog?
Speaker 1: A dog? Okay, well, let's recap Lisa. All right, a dog do you have a dog yourself.
Speaker 2: No, I have no dog.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm a bit scared of dogs, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I feel like you're good.
Speaker 1: Okay, good. So I'm in a safe company because I'm a cat person normally. And it's only because I can look at a cat and I know if it likes me, he doesn't like me. I see a dog. I can't read them, can't. You'll be wagging the tail next moment, chewing your leg off. Who knows? Who knows? Sorry for all the dog lovers, okay, means there's more dogs for you, and I'm one of them. Woof. Okay, let's recap for you, Lisa. All right, you got mother, Your mother got kids?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Like to travel, love the US, San fran Japan. All right? You love peanuts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love peanuts.
Speaker 1: Your favorite gift is a trinket you once received. I don't know what it is, but you love it. And if you could be an animal for a day, you would be a dog, even though you're slightly scared of dogs. So correct of conflicting stories here. And you also love tennis, but don't watch it. Okay, okay, so you got it right.
Speaker 2: You're just startling for time.
Speaker 1: It's just staring right in front of me. Okay, okay, jounding out. Yeah, I'm just really trying here. Okay, peanuts, nuts, you love nuts, dog trinkets. Okay, this is here's where I'm going. All right, So we got, We've got. There's lots of little things here, dogs, a little in my head, trinkets, a little little gifts, a little peanuts. They're little. Maybe you are a collector of tiny things. What do you think? Are you a tiny thing collector?
Speaker 2: No, and you're not far off.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I have the largest Snoopy collection in Australia. I have been collecting since I was eight years old, and I have seventeen thousand, seven hundred and thirty one Snoopy items at the moment, and continuing, my goal is to reach twenty thousand and more. I was actually pretty close, Yes you were, Ah, how done?
Speaker 1: See if you had pressuring me like that, We've just cut to another angle at the studio and Snoopy is actually joining us on the other microphone.
Speaker 4: And that's no, I was so close.
Speaker 1: Lisa doesn't collect t anything. She actually has Australia's largest Snoopy collection. I do not know how I didn't sniff this one out. I'm the biggest bitch in town. Okay, Lisa, we have found out that no, you do not just collect tiny things. I was close, but you actually have Australia's largest Snoopy collection. Is this true?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. How did this start? Is this where the trinket comes from? You once got one little Snoopy and you said, you know what, pretty cool? Give me another one?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Like that. I used to read the comic strips in the Sunday newspaper. I received a Snoopy trinket when I was in school from a school friend. Unfortunately I've lost that trinket after all this time. But I have a similar trinket and really means the world to me because it's sentimental value. And when I was thirteen years old, I traveled to Hong Kong and that's when I got my first plush Snoopy. I didn't have much money when I was a kid, but when I started working at seventeen eighteen years old, I went to Japan and I started buying all sorts of Snoopy items and I've continued since then.
Speaker 1: You don't know this about me, lost of all love a collectible. I'm probably not as intense as you are, but I have these things called living dead dolls because I'm uky spooky and my whole office is filled with all these like creepy little dolls, and I swear I've got hundreds of them and they just stare at me. But they're locked away in the room stuff. I have guests over it. They don't have to get scared by them. But I just know how much space those take up in my house. Does that mean wherever you look the snoopies at your house?
Speaker 3: Well, I kept it in one room and then expanded to two rooms and then expanded to three and four in the hallway. And I'm waiting for the kids to move out of home so I can make more room.
Speaker 2: Well, my snoopy collection.
Speaker 1: As a super collection, made its way outside of your house, like, so people walking out would be like, oh, there's where the stupid lady lives.
Speaker 2: There's a snoopy on my house. We're on top of the garage.
Speaker 1: Is they counted in the database?
Speaker 3: It's a picture and he's holding a Christmas docking So I don't have to put up any Christmas decorations because it's always there.
Speaker 1: It's Christmas twenty four seven and Snoopy.
Speaker 3: Tail And I have a Snoopy letterbox that my father.
Speaker 2: Made for me.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 3: So anytime I get mail, it's through a Snoopy letterbox, which is Snoopy lying on top of a doghouse on his dog.
Speaker 1: Iconic. Iconic.
Speaker 3: And I drive around in a Snoopy car with Snoopy playing tennis on one side and Snoopy with.
Speaker 2: A love heart on the other side.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's Lisa again, Yes, rolling by, Oh tennis playing Snoopy. Yes, but I look, A lot of people are often quick to judge. But I am in the same boat with you, as do you. Like I find possessions and things like comforting. I love them. I'm like, I'm very sentimental with them. I can tell you exactly where I got something, what it meant to me in that moment, you know where I was in life at that moment, because I'd have to say for these things, So it's like, you know, it was always a mission to get one of these, you know, exciting important items to my collection. So I totally get it. There been moments where you brought people over and you go, oh, oh, so I didn't tell you about the snoopies, but yeah, here they are.
Speaker 3: I actually don't tell a lot of people, and I let them come over and I want to see their reaction when I open the door.
Speaker 1: You go punked, You're paint ah. I could say, I'm jealous of you, Lisa, because you know you got your family. But I'm a single girl and trying to caught a man. When there's a bunch of dead dolls staring at them, it's very difficult for me. So that's why they are in a separate room. But I remember when I was younger and I couldn't afford to have like a big enough house, that they were in the bedroom overlooking the bed, and yeah, it didn't really help with many situations in my life. It was like, well, you may be looking at these dead dolls, but if you go to the room next door, it's filled with wigs and sequence, which one do you want? Babe? Like Cana Montana said, you get the best of both worlds. So that seventeen thousand, six hundred and thirty one snoopy items is the number I have sitting in front of me. How do you count that many?
Speaker 4: Do you have?
Speaker 1: You just got a tally and you're like, all right, let's add that to the tally, or do you have a catalog, because that's like me with all the things in my drag wardrobe. I could never tell you how many things I have in there, but I wish I did so I could say I actually have ten three hundred and forty two drag costumes, but I don't. So how do you How do you get the time to count your seventeen thousand, six hundred and thirty one steepy items.
Speaker 2: I have a database where I can loog everything.
Speaker 1: I love this, No, I love it when it gets technical. Tell me about your database. I want to know.
Speaker 3: It has when I acquired the item, how much it costs, with the different values, like you know, different currency, who gave it to me, which shop I purchased it, what brand it is? Where does it belong in the house?
Speaker 1: This is your legacy. You're right, You're like, it's with your will. You're like, all right, if I go, remember, here is the Bible. Here is the database of everything NYPE related. If you need to know anything.
Speaker 3: And maybe in the future it may be worth a lot more than what I purchased it for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you do? You often go and look at eBay listings or auctions and things to see where like the value of certain items are sitting or I don't know how you can do that in all of them that that's a lot.
Speaker 3: I don't really work out the value or interested in the value because it has a sentimental value more than anything to me. So I think my daughter will probably want to know how much everything is so she can make a profit.
Speaker 1: This is like I remember like when everyone had beanie kids as a kid, and they're like, it's going to be worth millions one day, but then there was just how many beaniee is that Everyone's like, nah, not really that much, even with the tag protector on doll But have you actually put an estimate on like what you've spent on all of these over the years, Not what that's worth now, but like what you have outlaid? Is it one of those things where it's like, oh, maybe we won't let's not work that out.
Speaker 3: Let's I'm sure my husband doesn't want to work it out.
Speaker 1: Oh that's like me when I go to the accountant and I look at everything that I've spent on drag costumes and everything for the year. I actually never opened that page in the excel. I do never look at it because I do not want to know it's an expense for my job. Okay, I don't think you could class your snoo business an expense for your work.
Speaker 3: No, it's not tax deductible. So my husband's not that happy.
Speaker 1: When you first met your husband, were you snoopy craze like, did he know what he was getting into?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it was very obvious.
Speaker 1: And when do you think he like, you know, it came to terms with it. There was actually a third person in the relationship, that being a beagle that doesn't speak.
Speaker 3: He actually supports my collection because he doesn't have any problems trying to find me a birthday valantine.
Speaker 1: Be a really good comeback for if anyone ever mock's any passion you have, be like babes. If you're ever out of an idea, you now know what you can get me for my birthday Christmas.
Speaker 3: When he asked me to get married, I said, well, if you get me a big fat snoopy, I'll think about it.
Speaker 1: That sounds like something. Well, I'll get married with you if you give me a big fat snoopy. Do you have a holy grail snoopy item, something that's super rare or you spent years trying to track down.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's very hard to choose, but I have to say it would be the wedding ring that my husband gave to me.
Speaker 1: Wait, is it actually a snoopy wedding ring? Yes? What tell me? I need to help tell me about this ring.
Speaker 3: We were planning to get married and well, first of all, gave me the big fat snoopy before for the engagement, and so I had to say yes, because how can you say no to a big fat snippy.
Speaker 1: I know, I just can't say no to a big fat snoopy. I've said it before, I'll say it again.
Speaker 3: And I said, a big fat snoopy and a diamond ring, not just one or the other.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to choose.
Speaker 3: And then when we were making plans for the wedding, he asked me what would I like for the wedding and I said I would like a wedding ring, but he said, oh no, it's too expensive.
Speaker 2: How am I going to get that in Australia.
Speaker 3: Australia does not have many snoopy items, and so apparently I found out later that he had the best man on a business trip to Japan and told him which door to go to and purchase it, and then he brought it back to Sydney. And then when we were planning the wedding rings, Mark would say, oh, I just need ten minutes and rush back to the jewelry store and he told the jeweler to add a diamond on Snoopy's collar.
Speaker 1: So it's like custom Deluxe, Holy Grails Snoopy ring.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I wear it every day.
Speaker 1: Our homes are Do you ever wake up and go I don't like Snoopy today.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Never, Because sometimes I wake up and I look at all the things that I have and I'm like why do I have this? And then I snap out of it. But some days I'm like, what if I just didn't?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 2: No, okay?
Speaker 1: Is to get more, what would the weirdest item? Besides I think your wedding ring is quite strange, But what would the weirdest Snoopy branded item you have?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 2: I guess Snoopy on my underwear snipy bees is that weird?
Speaker 1: The beagle is with the beaver, all right, So Snoopy is famously silent except for the thought bubbles. You can see what he's thinking. Lisa, I want you to name Snoopy in different professions, and I'm going to try my best to do an impression of each of the Snoopies, like what they would say and what I think they would sound like. Because we've never heard his voice, have we? This is this could be the reveal today. This could be the reveal what Snoopy could actually sound like? Hit me?
Speaker 2: Okay, Snoopy is a world flying ice.
Speaker 1: I really got to get to the character.
Speaker 2: That's pretty close.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Rock star Snoopy?
Speaker 1: Oh rock star.
Speaker 5: Hey, yeah, you're gonna play some music. Really excited be here. It's really good music. It's so good at the moment. Listen to my new single Dade. It's really good. Dad, Yeah, rock on.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Next, Cheff Snoopy, Oh shift.
Speaker 1: COI cockies love. Yeah, he's you. They're really hot, gummy gummy. It's like Gordon Ramsey if he was a drag queen. Okay, this is also my audition. If Snoopy ever wants to have a voice, I could be it. Thanks, all right. Lisa isn't a collector of tiny things. No, she has the largest Snoopy collection in Australia, including the BFS, The Big Fat Snoopy given listening to an iHeart Australia production concealed with artsimone. Listen to more of what you love on iHeart And to check out this lady Who's peanuts for Snoopy, check us out on the social