Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast. Welcome back to the Flex and Froom Show. I am Thrum and this is Flex and we have a very special guest. We don't often have guests on the show. It's a rare occurrence, I think because we like the sound of our thoughts.
Speaker 2: There can't be more than two.
Speaker 1: But we have a very special guest. Their name is Kaitlin Stacey. Welcome Caitlin.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I insisted on being Yes, I'm glad you guys.
Speaker 2: Are my weight in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you open the door exactly. Isn't six am waiting for you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Literally?
Speaker 1: And something that I love to do is talk about the clothes on the show. Much to Flex's dismay, you're wearing a beautiful blue and pink dress.
Speaker 5: May I ask the designer?
Speaker 4: The designer, that's a great question.
Speaker 1: You don't know. It might be d Look, we're gonna go with DNG and you have a new hat.
Speaker 5: Is this your haircut?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love it?
Speaker 3: Thank you. Well.
Speaker 6: Now, I don't know what happens every time she starts talking about the way that we look. But I'm like tense, I don't perceive me, you don't perceive me.
Speaker 3: It's all got like a positive reflection and it's good. We've got a similar haircut, but you've grown your bangs out. Is that a painful experience or well go through it. I'm growing the whole thing out right.
Speaker 1: So I'm leaving my old girl era and I'm entering trad wife.
Speaker 6: Old girl to trad wife pipeline. Caitlyn says, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems like that's just gonna Yeah, that's a circle diagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They say to get more conservative, the audio get so it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm pushing your head now. You're here because you.
Speaker 1: Are at the start of the show Class OO seven on Amazon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very pretty.
Speaker 3: Would you say star, I'd say, I mean yeah, look in private I would, But in public it's an ensemble piece.
Speaker 2: It's a group project.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's everyone's a star on the show. It's amazing. I don't know if you guys have had a chance to watch it, but it's so funny. It's the girls are incredible, and so many phases that you haven't seen before too.
Speaker 4: It's really exciting.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of us or bit of me.
Speaker 6: Ten year Reunion Tidal Wave apocalypse.
Speaker 2: What happened? Don't tell us.
Speaker 6: What I will say though, is let's say apocalypse was gonna hit right now, zombies, you know, massive natural disaster. I'm talking. No, I'm not talking anymore. What would be in your like survival kit? Get three things.
Speaker 3: Max betrayal definitely, and then physical objects, A couple of amoxicillin, you know for UTIs you're definitely gonna get this is and a tongue scraper.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, really back on a tongue scraper. So I'm on this little like copper piece, which has changed my life.
Speaker 4: You see.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I used to use plastic. It's not helpful. Little copper stainless.
Speaker 3: Still, I've got one that was like a spoon. But every morning I'm just going.
Speaker 2: Important. But it's necessary.
Speaker 5: Wait, what do you mean by copper?
Speaker 2: Is it like just the metal?
Speaker 6: It's like a bended piece of metal, right, I guess it doesn't mess with your mouth pH or something.
Speaker 1: See, because I've tried to use one before and it just feels like I've got all these bubbly things on the back of my tongue, and I worry that it feels like I'm scraping your chncels baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't think you need those.
Speaker 3: You know, we don't like getting them removed as a whole freaking process. So yeah, di I y at home on your own.
Speaker 5: I'll do it now.
Speaker 1: One of your first lines in the show is, well, well that was just two things?
Speaker 4: What no I said betrayal? Does that not count?
Speaker 3: You want me to have an actual like a physical okay, physical works, maybe some insuls my feet, like just orthopedic ones with like a little rubber heel. Yeah, I imagine you'd be on your feet a lot running from something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're gonna gel let's make it am.
Speaker 4: I right, yeah, no, I'd be dead first.
Speaker 5: We're going to get a foot locker popp up.
Speaker 2: Maybe in a chemists warehouse in the apocalypse exactly.
Speaker 1: One of your first lines in the show is one of my favorite words and the show that I a word that I try and slip into the show here at flex.
Speaker 5: And Rooms see your next Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's a good one.
Speaker 3: When you try to use it over like in America, they it's very harsh the people. My favorite thing about saying it in LA is that people pretend like they're cool and they're.
Speaker 4: Like, oh yeah, color. It's like very stressful for people, but it's a it's a good one. It's a strong word.
Speaker 3: You can use it in almost any I use it for, like, you know, casually, as an insult, as a compliment.
Speaker 4: What about you take me.
Speaker 2: Day to night?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, office to the nightclub kind of thing. Yeah yeah, I'm the sports girl of words?
Speaker 5: Is the sports skirl of words? You live in la at the moment?
Speaker 3: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: How does it?
Speaker 1: I mean, this is the requisite question that you ask any Australian that's moved to Angela's What is the one thing about Australia that you miss? All of it?
Speaker 4: Honestly?
Speaker 3: I was walking around Melbourne yesterday and I just felt so like safe, at peace, but also like excited. It was Moomber as well, which is a festival I haven't been to since I was twelve.
Speaker 4: The last time I was there, I threw up Nacho's all over my stepdad.
Speaker 3: He probably deserved it, you know, but I Yeah, Australia is just like it's a really special, special place and I feel so much more connected to it now than I did when I was a teen, because when I was a teenager, I was going to school, I was working, but like, I felt this kind of claustrophobia here. But now that I'm back, it feels really expansive. And Sydney's so beautiful, the weather's amazing, one's got any guns. It just feels kind of RelA you know, you go to the movies and not worry about it.
Speaker 5: Are you coming back then?
Speaker 3: I will try to come back as much, but this is not as much work here, so maybe I'll just come for your third home please.
Speaker 1: So you're a Melbourne gal, which is very exciting to meet. Melbourn's very close.
Speaker 2: To my heart. Could you tell for me as a fellow Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Well, I follow both on Instagram obsessively. So yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: Am I giving Sydney.
Speaker 4: Vine, you give Hobart vibes.
Speaker 6: Sometimes it is good to fish for a little something because your expectations can be exceeded.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you are the world, but you're also Tasmania.
Speaker 5: Tasmania appealed.
Speaker 4: May I ask?
Speaker 1: So I have a thing like, if you're a listener, you might be from Sydney, but there's a thing in Melbourne called the Southeastern Suburbs. It's where I grew up it's where I went to school and it's a very expensive part of Melbourne. Did you expensive expansive? Right, but definitely levels. We got levels of expense. You don't need to docks where you grew up. But are you from the southeastern suburbs. I'm from Bayside. I knew it.
Speaker 2: You court a vibe, but what does it mean.
Speaker 3: It's just well, when we moved there, which was like nineteen ninety eight, so we my family and I we lived all over the world.
Speaker 4: It was very cosmopolitan of us.
Speaker 3: But then we settled in Australia like nineteen ninety eight, and that neighborhood was sort of it was just it felt very like, I don't know, like old school, like everyone was walking around.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's hard to explain because like we lived in compounds in like Dubai and Singapore and stuff, and then we came back to Australia in these beautiful Victorian houses. The beach is right there, so many schools. So back then it felt like a more kind of like I wouldn't say inclusive. I don't think it's ever been inclusive, but it was like a nice safe space. Nowadays, we got on the train I've actually got a video of me and my girlfriend getting on the train in one of those neighborhoods and it's just like fifty girls with like long blonde I mean, they was so cute, but it was just wild seeing my girlfriend were like short, black hair, blue eyes covered in tattoos, just amidst the sea.
Speaker 4: Of girls going. I've seen that catch.
Speaker 2: Each other bloody hot in.
Speaker 3: Here and like standing outside like anyway. But yeah, but that's where you're from too.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's giving not Windsor because that's not near the beach, but I know the exact train line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my family's moved a little bit further east now, but yeah, like.
Speaker 2: Give us the coordinates. Oh, I knew it, knew. She's happy to docs.
Speaker 1: I left. I grew up in Mount Waverley, Oh beautiful.
Speaker 5: But now my parents live in somewhere else along the beach.
Speaker 2: He used to live in Ormond.
Speaker 3: So I've been on the Frankston line a lot and I'm still on the Frankston line. Where my parents live.
Speaker 4: Now is where I was born. Frankston.
Speaker 5: You're in Frankston. People who live in Melbourne are really going to love this segment.
Speaker 3: Its sport now, Yeah, I used to say Melbourne, but then when I went to get it renewed, they were like, well, it says Frankston on your birth certificate, so we've got to put Frankston.
Speaker 4: And I was like, cheers for that.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: Frankston's up and coming. I have one final how do I say confession?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So when I was growing up in Mount Waverley.
Speaker 1: I was twelve and neighbors, so you're on neighbors. They had a casting call through Girlfriend magazine and it was probably the most blessed and embarrassing thing I've ever done.
Speaker 4: I've ever You're getting triggered.
Speaker 2: I got my mom to do Lifetime Beef coming to the Surface, not going to be chill.
Speaker 1: Here's your redunptionab let's do it it is And my mom did my tape and then she was like, we'll take a photo of you because I just did a headshot and it's like me. I got her to blow wave my hair and it's like all quoifed back and I'm in front of the bogan Viilly. I just like and I didn't get a call back.
Speaker 2: Off audit.
Speaker 5: Now, well I don't think I yeah, I don't think my tape was really served?
Speaker 4: Did you commit me vulnerable?
Speaker 5: I want to dig deep?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I dug very very deep. A little too deep, would say for want to be actors. Also, flex was just in a show. Won't you No Free Press? We've all been, we've all had little parts in Australian serieses when we're adi, when we're auditioning, what is your number one tip for somebody who's auditioning over like tape beta blockers.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's it's funny because like we're actually quite simplistic as people. As I'm sure you guys know you work with people all the time, but like people are just wanting to be connected with They want to feel seen, and they also want to feel confident that you know that you're in control and like that however you exhibit that you are in control of a space.
Speaker 4: I know that's so much easier said than done.
Speaker 3: But it's like when you go and see stand up, like, I don't want to feel embarrassed for you, and if you're feeling embarrassed owning it, I think vulnerability really is the key. I much prefer taping at home because when I'm embarrassed, it's so obvious and I look so uptight.
Speaker 4: I'm like, everything's fine.
Speaker 3: And I don't have yet the skill set to really just kind of like, you know, let loose in front of people. But if you're gonna have to tape, yeah, I mean, taping is great. You can do as many bloody times as you want. But in front of other people, give them some chat, you know, but not too much. Don't try to shake their hands.
Speaker 4: Just just you know, have empathy.
Speaker 6: Just be yourself, be vunerable, don't shake their hands. Yeah, okay, what if some other don't.
Speaker 3: I don't wear too much perfume. They get very overwhelmed by perfume. They all claim they've got headaches from it all their over allergies. Just if you're getting clipped short answers, just sort of like read into that.
Speaker 4: It is what it is.
Speaker 3: And if they want to talk to you, don't try to leave, you know what I mean. Like I've done a lot of that where like I'll be walking out the door and they'll be like, oh, so you're you're in America. You got a green card?
Speaker 6: Do it?
Speaker 4: And You're like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And because I'm such and have so much imposter syndrome, just trying to sort of shut the door on them as they're talking to me. So it's a combination of like, don't take up too much space, but take up as much space as allotted to you in those particular environments.
Speaker 4: That's a life lesson, is straight.
Speaker 1: Up probably not what I want to hear, just coming off the back of some dating turbulentce you know, like it it's a bit like dating, like you only want to take so much you can get the clip danswers. Don't shut the door if they're trying to open your heart.
Speaker 5: It all makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So yeah, if you're not an actor, you just got a little bit of wisdom from Kaitlin.
Speaker 2: Act you're a data. You can't be both.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you so much for coming.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You can stream Class of Over seven now on Prime Gorge. Thanks Kaitlyn, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Guys, you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune into Cater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.