Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Ye not that one.
Speaker 4: If I have to go out, let it be through concards.
Speaker 5: Yummy, yummy, don't run it away criminal.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Hey coome morning Wednesday morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connor Show. Come on in, Jackie boy, morning guys, Good morning, Patsy money. Please tell me what was your highlight yesterday? I Patsy, you loved this. As Jack sort of shuffled in this morning, I said, hey, what do you get up to yesterday? He then half fast told me a story about painting right that even you almost went to sleep. And I was thinking, that is as good as it's going to get for any of us. We all know these minor home drum things were doing at the moment of full time. The sad thing is, you know, this is as good as the day is going to get for me today. I tell if you guys are looking at your watches and clocks a lot more, it's like, God is only five to three. It is too early. It actually is too early to open a beer.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: I can't descend into madness.
Speaker 4: I think it's actually a mean question to ask people at the moment because we're all in lockdown, we're doing nothing, asking how was your day yesterday or what was the highlight of your day?
Speaker 5: Tell us about the painting, though there's no story even to call it a story.
Speaker 4: We three years ago we did a renovation.
Speaker 5: Some power to kill the music because this is as good as it's going to get today from chat we.
Speaker 4: Did a renovation and in some places we took a short cut.
Speaker 5: And I said, it's an early cool for makers say well, we.
Speaker 4: Took a shortcut and only did one top coat of paint on some So for three years we've always had it as a task to do. There is literally nothing else to do. I went to the shed, I got out the old paint and I painted two doors.
Speaker 5: Yesterdays as good as it got. Peratsly, what happened to you yesterday? What's your partsy hide on?
Speaker 7: I humiliated myself in front of the entire school community. Hell, last night we had zoom hook up about the kids are getting their own chrome books, which is very exciting when you're ten and in grade four.
Speaker 3: So we had to sit down and books.
Speaker 5: Yes, the Charles X Chromebooks that's incredible.
Speaker 3: So we sat down.
Speaker 5: Said that is out west. Are you sure they're actually chrome Brooks.
Speaker 4: Or did they just fall off the back of a truck.
Speaker 5: It's a piece of slate. It's a piece of slate with some chalk. These are chrome books that those city folk use all the time.
Speaker 7: Anyway, we had to know the pros and cons and all the rules that came with them. Only I couldn't you know when you're half asleep. It was seven at night.
Speaker 3: I've had my pajamas on since three pm. And so I sat at the table. Chris was coming to sit with me.
Speaker 5: Is it like what do you call like a Google hangout? Or you're sorry?
Speaker 7: You're on a zoom channel on a zoom like all of pajamas, and so I couldn't turn I'm trying to find the button. I've you zoom before, obviously, but I couldn't find the button to turn the camera off. And so you know, your name's up there in bold of who you are that everyone can see. I've got my Willy Wonka pajamas.
Speaker 5: On newsreader to the city half asleep slash drunk.
Speaker 3: I did have a glass of red beside me. That's beside the.
Speaker 5: Point rocking a willy walker.
Speaker 7: And my hair up in a missy bun and I'm trying to and Audrey was just laughing at me.
Speaker 3: Chris was just laughing at me. It's like, no, you need to show me where.
Speaker 5: The button is, so what to turn it off?
Speaker 3: Yes, turn the camera off so they couldn't see me in the box.
Speaker 5: But it's just like this, Lyne, you go through.
Speaker 3: It's just the easy you know, it's very simple.
Speaker 5: I tell you what Andy Lee need to get you on the one hundred. You would be a star turn on that show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: Time for all your emails that are coming overnight to the show that we call late to the party. All right, let's get into your emails up. First, we go to Grant Hartman. Christian. I rang the show yesterday and spoke to a lady relation to what have you found at a friend's place? Which is strange? I think yesterday we're talking about strange thing you've seen around at a friend's house. When I when I was asked by my daughter if I could go around to her friend's place and pick up their dog as they were having an open inspection and couldn't take their dog around. I went to a friend's house and the dog was in the backyard as I was instructed. As I went to grab it, I noticed it him playing with a large rubber object. On close inspection, this was not Christian the thing you might know a dog com It was about a foot long, clearly a sex toy. I had to hide it because I felt embarrassed for the inspection. Imagine that. But if that was me, I would have left it. That's yours. It is not meaning clear up the old sex toys in the garden.
Speaker 4: Oh, the courtyard's good in this place?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 4: What is that in the courtyard?
Speaker 5: That dog? That's so grant? Thank you march grant. Christian. I was on hold today. You are out of time to get my call. You're talking about the things that you've family had names for. My dad used to call tweezers the tweezers of death. You also the name for a sharp pointy tool in the family first aid kit. By the way, see what this is today? Do we have a first aid kit here?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Do you know what it is? Do any of us know what it is?
Speaker 4: Hung up by the in that mini kitchen is a kitchen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've said this before. Do any of us know is there a train first aid or on the show? No?
Speaker 4: No, not in the show.
Speaker 5: Actually every morning it's just us here at this radio station, and none of us got any first day train. We really should have someone come in when we can to actually take us through first aid anyway. Christian May used to have a name for a sharp, pointy tool in the family first aid kit that helped get splinters out, which was called the Pointer of Doom. I googled its actual name the other day. I was so bored during lockdown. It's actually called a splinter probe and you can buy them from Chemist's warehouse. I didn't know that you can actually buy something and get splinters out, Thank you very much. That is from carry.
Speaker 4: My dad was always the person in our family who got the splinters out of anybody.
Speaker 5: Oh, in every family there is a designated us with the steadiest.
Speaker 4: Hand, JANKI got a splinter the other month, and I was like, well, we'll have to go around and see Dad. He's the only guy who knows how to get them out.
Speaker 5: More of your emails, Christian Junior listener Charlie here, we had an email a couple of weeks ago from this young gir It's very funny email Charlie. I think he's only thirteen. Listen to the show in Sydney, Christian last year on the show on Mother's Day, you were talking about doing a slide show and then you suggested a couple of songs to go with it. One of them was you Raised Me Up by Josh Groben. It was my mum's birthday at the weekend and I made the slide show and I put that song to it. I expect it tears like when Jackie Boy did this, But all she said was I didn't see any tis. She didn't like whiny Irish music. I don't think. I'm pretty sure Josh Grobin isn't Irish. There's nothing whiny about this.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 5: I wrote this into Friday stand by vand pencil this down, pens to read out for Groban's.
Speaker 4: You've already done this.
Speaker 5: I bring it back. If we can play himno Rock every second day, why can't I have the Groban? Where isn't he Canadian?
Speaker 4: He's the American there he is.
Speaker 5: He's not remotely Irish.
Speaker 4: It does sound a bit irish. That whole thing that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a whiff of keating about this, and that's raise Roman or a knock apor old Josh Organ. Christian, I got a lot of the emails here are taking issue with either not being allowed to speak on air yesterday. I've got another one here. Christian rang the show yesterday. Spoke to Jack this morning. Welt the topic the weirdest thing you've seen around a friend's place. Do you remember speaking to Pete from jenneng.
Speaker 4: No, what was his weird thing?
Speaker 5: No, I'll share it with you now. I was at school in the late seventies. Most days we had a free period when we didn't have a class, obviously the seventies where we didn't care about educating the youth. On this particular day was immediately offer a lunch break and wonder one of my close mates and said, why don't we go back round to mine for lunch? I remember at school they were the best days when you went around it. A friend who lived really in this school just to hang out there for lunch. He lived just around the corner from the school. It was a typical sixties home with a triple front, a long driveway down the side to the rear garage. We walked down the driveway and just turned round the rear corner of his house to be confronted by his mum and dad in the backyard. Dad was on all four His dad was on all fours.
Speaker 4: I definitely would remember taking this case I did not take.
Speaker 5: Dad was on all fours. His dad was on all fours with his pants around his ankle, and his mum was standing by side holding his butt cheeks open. We were lucky that his head was facing us. They both had looks of horror and in deep embarrassing when they saw us and hurried inside. When can we do? Pants? Down? The phone?
Speaker 8: In?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 5: We killed ourselves laughing once more, and then we looked at each other shocked as in what did we just see? We later learned that this excuse maybe it's the thing I don't know. We were later told as we were ushered in about ten minutes later by his mum and dad that what they were doing they'd heard that sunshine was good for his dad's hemorrhoids to dry them out.
Speaker 4: Ten minutes to think.
Speaker 5: Is that the best one? What were the ones they didn't go with? Pete in Jenong, that's a great one, thank you very much, thanks to all your emails. So you can email me directly Latela Party, anything you've ever heard to say I talk about on the show, or anything you want to say. Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot.
Speaker 1: Au Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: This week we've been telling you it is coming back a week and a half time. Who's Calling Christian This is where you contact celebrities asking him to give us a call. In two weeks time, when it all begins, Who's Calling Christian up for grabs for the celebrity that wins your vote. At the end of Who's Calling Christian, you pick your favorite chat. The celebrity gets twenty five thousand dollars for the charity of their choice. And here's the win, Wimby, you also get the same amount of money, a huge twenty five thousand dollars. Is your kind of reward. It's your bounty for getting them on the show. Now you can already start to contact celebrities. I've seen quite a few of you already doing that. Thank you very much. It begins in just under two weeks time. Tiny's on the line right now, Tanya, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 5: So listen, thank you very much. You're already trying to contact celebrities to give me a call.
Speaker 9: I did, I did, and I've already had a response.
Speaker 10: I wasn't expecting it, so I believe the celebrity was going to call you this morning.
Speaker 5: Well they're getting it very early. I mean they're going to be on hold for ten days and tiny. Thank you very much for even getting involved in this. It's brilliant. And who have you tried? Who might we be getting a call from?
Speaker 11: Rachel Griffith.
Speaker 5: She's a great actress, isn't she? Isn't she from here?
Speaker 8: Geez?
Speaker 12: She's Australian.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's brilliant. In Muriel's wedding and six feet Under she's been a load of stuff. And so are you a big fan of us or do you know her?
Speaker 9: Hu a true of the icon.
Speaker 12: Yes, I just sent her a random message.
Speaker 13: I thought i'd try and Ozzie and yeah, I was very lucky to get a reply.
Speaker 5: Awesome. What did she say as she said that she was.
Speaker 8: All for it?
Speaker 10: So, yeah, she would give you a call to I didn't realize it wasn't for two weeks.
Speaker 5: Just say that we'd love to speak to her. But it starts in a week and a half time Monday the Oh yeah, we're urging everyone to contact WI Monday.
Speaker 4: The thirtieth August, ask her how.
Speaker 5: She's fited on Monday the thirtieth for a quick call between six and nine. Thank you, Hey, listen toiny, good luck, Thank you very much, awesome.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Yesterday got an email from one of you, and I was about to delete it because it upset me so much. I thought, I don't know, maybe maybe I needs to be grown up here for a occasionally on the show. I don't think you're going to like it. The Jackie Boy someone emailed us. I saw it was like three in the afternoon and it was the subject hend it was hot take. And then there's no like hello Christian or anything like that, or you know, and enjoy listening to the show is straight into the business arguing at work. Again, there's no formalities here, just begins hot take, arguing at work. I think the Food Fighters were better than Nirvana. Unpopular opinion, but there it is. I've said it no and I literally read that, like, who is this an idiot? This is blasphemous. This is like someone rushed to the Satanic verses and literally hovering over to La and then I have to really fight the urge not to just put them in the trash bin.
Speaker 4: Hey, the food Fighters are great, don't get us. Yes, I love to hear a food fighting.
Speaker 5: Dave Groll the nicest man in music in rock and roll.
Speaker 4: However, Yes completely changed music in the early nineties.
Speaker 5: I don't see how I mean. I love some of the Food Fighters song but the ones I would go back and listen to more often are still going to be Nirvana songs.
Speaker 4: Definitely. No Food Fighters is like a spin off band from Nirvana.
Speaker 5: So now that is a hot take within a hot take. It it's like what a Russian doll of foods Nirvana? Dave's Dave's a.
Speaker 4: Nirvana's like friend. Dave Grohl calls the show and Dave Growl's like Joey, He's great, and Joey's a great character. Joey is a great character.
Speaker 5: I was going to say this week that I'd love it if they got Dave Grohl to call the show. Would you say, I do you know what if Dave grohlt called the show, would you say, Hey, we had this email? What do you think about this.
Speaker 4: To his face or to his listening ears.
Speaker 5: Say hey, we had an email someone saying the Food Fighters were better than Nirvana. Surely even you don't agree with that. I think he'd go no, no, Wayne, you know, and he was in Nirvana.
Speaker 4: Think about this. Yeah, he still gets the credit for being in Nirvana because he was in.
Speaker 5: Navana also gets the credit you gave him for being the joey of the band. He had all that abuse for years because of what Courney Love you said. Trush him, don't then say he's a joey of the friend's outfit. I love it when people do give an unpopular opinion, right, but they don't call it an unpopular opinion. They just go there upset it and they shrug like they've just dropped something in your fish pond, haven't they this morning? Then if you've got another big go bold like the guy didn't put his name on this. By the way, all I know is his email server is big Pond, go big, go bold like my friend big Pond, and give us your unpopular opinion. Right, called us up that thing that normally keep quiet, because you know people are going to get upset about, right. The gloves are off. Okay, are we going to say that we try not to where possible not to judge them, or we will get you out.
Speaker 4: Will hear you well?
Speaker 5: Then react Okay, so it's your unpopular opinion, end it with like my friend who says Foo Fighters were better than Havana, with there, I've said it. Whatever your unpopular opinion is or hot take, you must end it with their I've said it.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: So yesterday I get an email from one of you in the middle of the afternoon saying you're arguing at work and you think that the Foo Fighters were better than Nirvana, and ended this shoes thing to say this bold proclamation, there I've said it, which is often what you hear people say when they give like an unpopular opinion or take. So this morning, hold us up, give us your unpopular opinion causing devastation, reaction, outrage, scandal. How could you even think that and end it with there, I've said it, Jackie boy, what have you got?
Speaker 4: Last thing I want to do is poke the Star Wars fans. So if you're a big Star Wars.
Speaker 5: Get a bit. And I'm not a mega one of those that protect the universe and all this. But the ones that grew up with the three, I wish that it's numbered them rather than But anyway, what does your take?
Speaker 4: I like jar Jar Binks.
Speaker 5: To me, he was a great Let's just do anyone say that.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid, I had a jar Jar Binks t shirt.
Speaker 5: It's toy dovastations to the studio and radio.
Speaker 4: I would watch a jar Jar Binks movie.
Speaker 5: Geeks ruined the Front. I hate George Lucas Breva for what he did to it. He was a great jump on beloved. Movie needs a talking poo and.
Speaker 4: Needs more wacky.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 4: I don't know what?
Speaker 5: All right, guys, look at that funny turn? Then what's that medical kid? Wow? We really?
Speaker 4: Yes, you need that. The Star Wars universe can be so boring with all the politics and the leaders.
Speaker 5: You're quite right.
Speaker 4: I need a funny, wacky character, and he was that.
Speaker 5: God was good fun. He got the interplay between the Wookie and hands solo for that, a space pirate.
Speaker 4: And a great big space lizard.
Speaker 5: No, yes, in the frame, no lizard with the giant. It is Jarge Binks. You were again to go there I've said it.
Speaker 4: Okay, jud Jar Binks is a great, if not the best Star Wars character. There, I've said it.
Speaker 5: I don't like him, all right, there should be good. He says she hates for these people because I see it in the eyes every morning, and I'm still here? Is he? Okay? Hey, Patsy, what is it? Then you're you're popular? Opin and end it with there. I've said it.
Speaker 7: I will stand by this to the day I die. He has never been hot, will never be hot. And I'm talking about Brad Pitt.
Speaker 5: He is really anything.
Speaker 7: I don't care about his performance in seven or Fight Club or that Dracula thing with Tom Cruise.
Speaker 3: He is not hot.
Speaker 7: He's not He's trying to be James Dean and he will never be James Dean.
Speaker 5: I just thought, right, we can talk about which movies you did or didn't like, but I thought it was University. Agreed, Patsy. That is he's just.
Speaker 4: Has any multiple times, won the World's Sexiest Man.
Speaker 3: Just not interested. I just I do not say it.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's a sandy from the O C with those huge eyebrows impressive like, well it's not eyebrows, Mono brow. There was a slug across his face, right hot, brad Pit.
Speaker 7: No, No, definitely not does nothing for me. I look at him, and I think.
Speaker 5: You're kidding me. Just are you deadly serious? Are you in front of Google right now? I can be Yeah, just type in Brad Pit fight club the body. Look at the body. It's it's a slab, it's a twenty four pack.
Speaker 3: I'd rather a good looking head and a beautiful sort.
Speaker 5: Of who just goes through a good looking heads personality, a good head hot. I don't like bodies. I just like head.
Speaker 3: No, he's not doing it for me.
Speaker 5: Oh, this is, this is I didn't spend the gun on this. All right, let's go to the lines right now then, Anthony.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning team.
Speaker 5: Okay, so whatever your unpopular opinion is, Anthony tell us now one.
Speaker 6: Year, you're really gonna hate me for this. But Richie Sambora is a better singer than John bon Jovi. Yeah, I've said it.
Speaker 5: You're going to need to justify that you've kind of calling up this show and raining on one of the greatest parades ever.
Speaker 6: John bon Jovi, I know and I know you you listened to Richie Sambora's last album.
Speaker 5: No I didn't along with probably the rest of the world.
Speaker 6: After Math of the Lowdown. Listen to the songs on.
Speaker 5: That can you just remind me of that ludicrous title? What's it called?
Speaker 6: It's called Aftermath of the Lowdown?
Speaker 5: Is the final champ album song?
Speaker 6: No, no, it's his own album. And you listen to jo One's voice. Now he's a much better singer. Now wow?
Speaker 4: Right? Does he ever sing on John bon Jovi songs?
Speaker 5: Richie?
Speaker 6: Yes, he did a lot of backing vocals and you can hear it in every song that he played in.
Speaker 5: But they were in a band together. I mean, who can separate the vocals in bon Jovi? Is this mainly John bon Jovian? Sam Laura was a very good guitarist.
Speaker 6: No, no, he's a very good singer, very good blues singer and sang with a lot of famous paper too.
Speaker 4: Well, there's not a look.
Speaker 6: At Have a look at the YouTube video with Baby King, absolutely amazing.
Speaker 5: And the album's called after marth of a What Belowdown?
Speaker 6: It was released I think twenty twelve straight to home.
Speaker 5: Video, Anthony, Do you know what I dig out? The song you mentioned with bb King and I'll give it a listener.
Speaker 6: Yep, no worries, thank you.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Mark. Good morning, Mark, Good morning to him.
Speaker 6: AFL sucks.
Speaker 5: Hang on on paint Dry than AFL Ground Final. That's the game, no down, my friend, where everything's going very quick right now? Mark, So your words again, AFL sucks.
Speaker 14: I would rather watch Paint Dry than the AFL Grand Final. NRL is a much much better game.
Speaker 4: Let me guess Mark, you emigrated from the North. You've come down from Queensland on New South Wales.
Speaker 6: Uh fifteen twenty years ago? Yes, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 5: We disregard your take on this.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 5: We're into this. Good day's letter is blem Christian o'connals might so that to M? What is it that? To M? And the Eighties for you this morning?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 5: Four one four one O four three Jackie Boy yesterday for his homework. Watch for the very first time an episode of My favorite ATCV shows Magnum and another great one Miami Vice. You can hear his his observations of them. Coming up next, Patsy, what's the letter M and the Eighties for you? Mate? Yes?
Speaker 7: Letter m for me is mesh tops. Mesh tops usually in like a fluorescent color. And yeah, they were mesh. They were like these highly combusted mesh.
Speaker 5: What's the difference in between mesh and lace, because there's a lot of lace around and lacey gloves and frilly tops in the eighties, I thought that was mesh.
Speaker 7: No lace was sort of like a pattern like Nana's curtains, like.
Speaker 3: A Doiley Yes, mesh with.
Speaker 5: Fish word that people knew about the Doiley Downtown Abbey. The Australian version.
Speaker 3: No, mesh was more like a grid by the way, new.
Speaker 5: Show merchandise for Christmas, the Doyley Yes, yeah, when you get that fine cutlery out and China, you need a Dolly show Doyties carry on play.
Speaker 7: Yeah, mesh was more like a sort of grid patent fabric like yes, And it was, as I said, highly combustible, almost plasticy fabric.
Speaker 5: But combustible. When did you say that? Like I said, guys, combustible? When was that safety? When you had on the show, I can't bring any guys. You could blow the station up.
Speaker 7: I didn't want to stand too close to the bar heater in it put it that way well.
Speaker 5: Tell me what I've enjoyed ready this morning. It's just a really good Habitatshali.
Speaker 7: But Mum took me up to spotlight and I got pink mesh fabric and I was going to make next to the lace, next to the lace. And we had to in textiles in about year eight make a shirt, so I thought I'd get really funky and make a mesh top only so we got the fabric cost of fortune.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 7: The only thing is we had to do it on the overlocker. So I'm not sure if you realize an overlocker when you use that it hems, but it cuts at the same time.
Speaker 5: It's a two in overlook.
Speaker 4: I remember Mum had an overlocker. Is it's like a sewing machine, but it does something different.
Speaker 3: It cuts as well as sos.
Speaker 5: And what happened with into the Halberdatri podcast.
Speaker 7: Now whatever with my mesh top was I accidentally sewed one of the sleeves onto the front of it.
Speaker 5: The story is getting bigger and bigger. Now those old toys you's gotter dropping water in the next man. This story is the never ending store.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I failed the subject and the teacher tried to unpick it, but it was a disaster. So that was the story with the mesh top.
Speaker 7: Also for the eighties, for me, who could forget the mullet, Everyone who was everyone had a mullet haircut.
Speaker 4: Now, Pat to answer me this, did you use the word mullet in the eighties? Yes, because I see I.
Speaker 5: Remember where it was also know in the eighties as ice hockey hair. I don't remember hearing the munet to like the nineties.
Speaker 4: I read this and I can't believe it, but apparently mullet was coined by the Beastie boys in nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 3: No, we had a mullet before ninety four.
Speaker 5: But did we call it the mullet in the eighties parts? I don't remember calling it.
Speaker 3: The money he did at school, But we wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Have had iron. Why then it didn't come along into the nineties. You were still using an overlocker what it was to something.
Speaker 3: Else had them and it was really cool.
Speaker 7: Only the cool boys of the mullets would have like the almost undercut at the sides, and they'd have like a shape like a diamond or lightning strikes like above their pimp temples.
Speaker 4: Hop that out on your overlocker.
Speaker 7: Anyway, the love God was very disappointed. My husband couldn't have a mullet because he's got like spaghetti curls, so it would grow out as opposed to down.
Speaker 5: Surely anyone could grow money. You're just growing your hair, growing.
Speaker 4: Lit in great curly mullets. Dermy was a curly.
Speaker 7: Has he tried when he washed, it was like halfway down his back, but when it dried it would like go out instead of down.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking of crusty the clown right doesn't know that he's got good old head of hair on it.
Speaker 7: No, it's all short now, but it's actually very very curly curl at the hide.
Speaker 5: An interesting take on it here in Australia. And he was your favorite sing of the Madonna.
Speaker 7: It was like my coming of age. It's like I discovered music properly when I listened to early Madonna. And I remember I used to write down the words to her songs because you didn't have it on the sleeve back then, did you. Christian and I had the like a virgin cassette tape and I'd written it on a bit of fool's cap paper, but my mom limited to yes, and my mother found it on my desk in my room.
Speaker 3: She thought it was my life story of a young teenage pats And there.
Speaker 5: Was a lyrics. Now Liker lyrics up.
Speaker 7: It's a bit testy for the time. What did mom say, Well, there was a family meet.
Speaker 5: She took the overlocker away straight away.
Speaker 3: I had to sit to the table. Would you please explain this?
Speaker 7: And she pushed tribunal yes, and she pushed the bit and I said no, mum, it's a Madonna song and she goes, oh, now, come on, and I said no.
Speaker 5: It was like the video to a Madonna's song, you know, like the follow up to Papa Don't Bring Don't Be Worried.
Speaker 7: So I had to play the song until she would believe that it wasn't that I'd been up to no good as a young girl.
Speaker 5: But like a virgin listening to that with your mum, it doesn't really it doesn't really help your case.
Speaker 2: I think it proves it. The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Twelve number ones incredible record. That twelve number ones is astonishing now. So Patsy was just telling us how she wrote out the lyrics, and I said, do the songs as well? There used to be a I think it used to come out twice a month magazine in the UK called Looking and they would have like lyrics. And I used toart writing down lyrics. So, Patsy, you wrote out the lyrics to like a Virgin?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 5: So did you like listen to it and then pause it and totally yeah? Yeah, And your mum found these lyrics it's written down on a piece of paper and thought it was your like a lifestyle, I could die my biography. Yeah, we're looking at that, jack and I have got the lyrics here, right, So imagine you Patsy's money going to a bedroom. Right. There's lace, Sorry, no, it's mesh everywhere the old footlocker.
Speaker 7: What it's called ash traces.
Speaker 5: Okay, I made it through the wilderness, somehow. I made it through. Didn't know how lost I was until I found you, Jackie, What do you want to pick up the next on us?
Speaker 4: I was beat incomplete, I had been had. I was sad and blue.
Speaker 5: But you made me feel Yeah, you made me feel shiny and new brackets who.
Speaker 4: Like a virgin touched for the very first time, awkward, like a virgin when your heart beats next to mine.
Speaker 5: I gave you that bit on purpose. I'm going to give you all my love. Boy, my fear is fading fast. Been saving it all for you, because only love can last. I've got mit. It's if I found that in one of my daughter's rooms, I actually would fear that they'd met some older boyfriend or something like that. I'm probably really act the same way as your mum, Actually, Patsy, I'm curious to know, by the way, the point you make about the muddet, I don't remember it being known as a mullet in the eighties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure we were calling it a mulle known it was a thing.
Speaker 5: It was just how we had hair, all right.
Speaker 4: Further research into it, the Oxford English Dictionary has credited the Beastie Boys with the term mullet as a haircut.
Speaker 5: The OED write is recognized all over the world.
Speaker 4: How's this for a scandal. The OED first credited Australian Street Machine Automotive magazine with the first publication describing the mullet in nineteen ninety two, predating the Beasie Boys. Then later is discovered that the magazine image had been faked, and the twenty eighteen apology posted had the fake. So the magaz.
Speaker 5: Post have a deep fake was about the mullet.
Speaker 4: The magazine fudged their dates to say we were the first one to come up with the mullet. Wow, but apparently in the eighties we didn't call it a mullet.
Speaker 5: Can someone calling? Can anyone call in and tell us some of this? Honestly, did you really call it the money in the eighties? I don't believe we did. I don't midmorny one calling it money. It wasn't known as being awe unusual, just how you had your hair.
Speaker 4: And if the be Sac Boys did come up with it, they should get more credit for coming up with the word.
Speaker 5: We've got enough credit. I mean, the Windy recognized a pioneer of music. There's nothing held the Beastie Boys back. When are we going to get the jukudos for coining the words word?
Speaker 1: Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 5: We're talking about the great munnet still going strong hair on Astrow? Did it ever go away? No?
Speaker 6: It didn't.
Speaker 5: You've stood by the munet now. Jack has found some interstant research about the origins though not of the mudllet the haircut, but actually the word mullet, which is what we universally all over the world called that.
Speaker 4: Ye and when I actually think of the mullet as an eighties icon hairstyle. But apparently it wasn't until nineteen ninety four that we used the word mullet, and the Oxford English Dictionary says the use of the term mullet to describe a hairstyle was coined by American hip hop group The Beastie Boys in their song Mullet Heead nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what have You's emailed me saying you're actually at work, supposed to be working, but actually now googling this doing research for us about the origins of the phrase mullet. Send me a link to the Guardian website and a very dry dollar con section they've got called semantic enigmas. I'm listening to ABC through the Night. Now it's time for this week's semantic enigmas.
Speaker 4: Hey, we did Doyleys and Haberdashery can stand by that.
Speaker 5: Stand by that. That's hard talk on this show. Why is a mudnet hairstyle called a mudllet? Mullett websites do knew that was a thing. There are munnet websites, mullllet websites generally credit the car coining of this phrase to Mike d of the of course Beastie Boys. This came from the song mulletheads on the ninety four album Ill Communication, which ascribed the haircut it's wearers. Someone else said chipping in on this. Americans call it the biff rib, which stands for business in front, rocking at the back. Paul Newman apparently refers actually says the words mullet heads in his film Cool Hand Luke, which was out in nineteen sixty seven, which is see if we can get hold of the audio for that. You know we need to speak today, right, we've got color? You were lined up? Is anyone who was a hairdresser in the eighties, Yes, what would a guy, yeah, come in and actually say what they want? Would they just go look short the back, leave it all big on top?
Speaker 4: I know the person my hairdresser used to be a hairdresser to the star.
Speaker 5: How did you leave it with them? When you leave a hairdresser?
Speaker 4: No, no, she retired, Oh she retired scissors. She hung up the scissors. I had to leave, but she said she used to do all the rock bands as they came through the Rolling Stones on the show. Yeah, Colleen, I bet she'll know what number.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, let's try it at that. So all right, let's go to the lines right now. So we're trying to find out what did we all say in the eighties for the money if it didn't come along to the Beasta Boys in ninety four, Brett, good morning, good morning Brett. What do you reckon the money? When do we start saying it?
Speaker 15: Well, in my opinion, theer was known as the bogan cat in the eighties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we used to call it the ice ice hockey hair in the UK. Mainly we thought it was mainly like Canadians that sort of had that look in it do feel like a very very Caians Australians as well, but yeah, go on, bogan cut.
Speaker 15: Them, yes, yes, So if you had the mullet, you were known as a bogan yep. And and if you went to the hairdresser you would make sure that they kept tails at the back.
Speaker 5: And I think it's the nastiest manifestation and variation of the munet. The munet I think can look good, right, but those rat tails if you see it on like a five or seven year old boy, right. I'm afraid you judge your parents don't.
Speaker 4: No, wait, I know I spoke to Brett and his son has a mullet.
Speaker 15: Does and.
Speaker 5: Awkward Brett, I'll send your price. Brett, thank you very much for calling him the triple. Who knew we could fall out with listeners of the rat tails? I didn't know that was my unpopular opinion. Sorry, Brenton the son.
Speaker 10: Good morning Joe, Yes Hillo, Christian, my friend.
Speaker 5: What do you say mullets man?
Speaker 10: Jack's right, we never called it a mullet. Matter of fact, back in the late seventies, we suld just going in the headdress and say look I takes some off the sides and leave the back along. That was it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no one said the word money. It wasn't known as that one, No, it was.
Speaker 10: If you have look at some of the some of the gangs back in the early seventies, like the I think it was the sharpest normal based hab the here along at the back and stuff like that too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have to have a look at some of those gangs of the seventies. I want to see Daniel day Lewis the Gangs of Australia in a mullet James.
Speaker 4: Of Australia is the movie that needs to be made.
Speaker 5: Getting Daniel day Lewis to call me on who's calling christ not pictured to him sent in the seventies in Frankston, you're rocking the money.
Speaker 4: Everybody has a mullet, but they don't call it that.
Speaker 5: I don't call it that, my friend. So as a bogan guy, Joe great cold, thank you very much. Well, here's what we need to happen. We need Colleen, your hairdressing friend or any other hairdresser who was working primetime during the eighties. Young men came in. What did they ask for?
Speaker 1: Christian no Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: The scenes in the studio. You tried, Thank you for trying. Jackie Boy got out his legendary phone contact book. You ain't in showbis. If you ain't in that phone, I'm not in it, Norse Patsy. But showbiz is V for aunt's joy, m for mum. You know when he calls you during the show, you pick up. So we were talking about the mullet and Jack has found out that the mullllet, the actual phrase the munet didn't come along till the nineties with the Beastie Boys, in nineteen ninety four. So we were asking what did we call it in the eighties, And I thought the best person meets it was someone who was a hairdresser in the eighties. What did young men come in and ask for? And you remember that you know a former hairdresser.
Speaker 4: Yep, she's seventy now, so she retired. I had to move on to a different hairdresser. But I thought she obviously would have been there in the heyday of the mullet. And she used to tell me she tour with bands to Jimmy Barr, the Rolling Stones.
Speaker 5: Man, how long would that tours go on? Where you need a haircut?
Speaker 4: If you're during the whole country, you probably need your own.
Speaker 5: Australia it is such a big country.
Speaker 4: By the time we get the bus from Melbourne to Perth.
Speaker 5: Jimmy, you need to go on stage now. No, no, it's a little bit rattails at the back.
Speaker 4: Anyway, She didn't want to come on because she couldn't answer the question about the mullet. She said that she was never in the eighties. She wasn't doing she wasn't running a salon. She was only on these tours. So unless the rock stars were asking for a mullet. She doesn't know the answer, gotcha?
Speaker 5: All right? So aight is out of the eighties. As part of Jack's homework, I asked him to watch an episode of Miami Vice Madden before we get into those I don't know if you guys are familiar with the TV show that we had in the UK. It was an American one, like we said before on this sweech, And when you go into the eighties, sometimes you know, you do find yourself saying what were they thinking? There was a TV show that only ran for one season, Right, And I loved it because at the time I thought, this is probably realistic. Probably in the future, this will be a thing. It was about a guy who could some how harnessed the power of animals and turn into one.
Speaker 4: Oh doctor Doolittle. Oh no, Doctor Doolittle didn't turn into an animal.
Speaker 5: No, this guy would turn into an animal the TV show Right. I once read a top ten right of the very worst sci fi shows ever. At number one is Manimal. It was the eighties Manimal. Listen to this trailer. It says everything, this can only be a thing in the eighties Manimal.
Speaker 16: Doctor Jamavan Cheeks wealth young handsOn a man with the brightest of futures, a man with the darkest.
Speaker 5: Of the past or intrigue.
Speaker 16: From Africa's deepest recessions to the rare bad peaks of Tibet, heir to his father's legacy, and the world's darkest mystery.
Speaker 5: You must have faith and love. This is not the this is the beginning.
Speaker 16: This is his Dan dining, Maman checks, Master of the Secrets, the debate, Manal Animal.
Speaker 5: Manimal, panther every episode right, so he could go into any animal he wanted, right, but he seemed to most episodes just go into a panther, wouldn't or a snake. And then some episodes where was here, they're running out of budget. They probably got the realization this ain't ever coming back. They would just do it off camera. So he starts to sort of his eyes would get a bit bulgy.
Speaker 4: They'd cut.
Speaker 5: The next thing is it's a flipping snake, and he going, what's happened to old doctor Simon. It was called Manimal and each week he would help the police solved crimes as a snake, it was a snake or a panther. I once saw in one, he was an elephant in one and all it did was just push a door down, which the panther could have done or even to be honest, because it was like a bondle ahumor.
Speaker 4: And you're telling me that didn't get renewed.
Speaker 5: Not just that, right, I beg you. We've all got lots of time. I go on YouTube, right, it's all up there. The thing you need to see is every episode you knew that, oh Dr Simon is about to change, just stare for some reason. He would just stare at the back of his hand and his hand would start the veins that bolging, and next thing you he was a snake. You need to see Manimal. Anyway, last thing on Manimal, I was reading about it last night, and Will Ferrell has brought the rights. Oh I would love to trackway. You know, you realize if anyone can bring it alive on the big screen, Manimal has to be played by Wirell Ferrell. All right, we'll take it right when we come back. Then we're finding what Jackie Boy thought of. Two iconic shows just in genuinely in TV, but especially the eighties, Miami Vice and Thomas magnum In Magnum p I.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, I asked Jackie Boy to do some show homework. He readily accepted, and it was to watch an episode of Miami Vice, well eighties of the eighties of Letter M and then an episode of Magnum. First of all, then let's get into Vice, Miami Vice TV show that changed cop shows forever. But how is it through the eyes of the millennial jack posts? What did he make of Crockett and Tubs?
Speaker 4: Maybe I shouldn't have jumped in at season one. It could have got better and evolved into a better show. I'll never know, because I will never watch Miami Bvice again.
Speaker 5: Because is it quite slow? Now? To go back to it, because a lot of it was like really just moody shots.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying this just to be funny, but it honestly looked like a student film in some.
Speaker 5: Parts that I don't like it. That is not true, but it's a beautifully shot movie. Michael Man directedly went on too like Last Mohicans and Heat and Collateral.
Speaker 4: Is he doing season one?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Well, he hadn't really worked.
Speaker 5: Whose take WEE can agree with? Michael Man visionarly cinematographer or a guy who does Instagram videos, Jack Post.
Speaker 4: He obviously had access to a boat, and that was cool because they filmed a lot of.
Speaker 5: A lot on that boat. Wasn't they just shots like a minute? And also do you notice this just lots of them just driving very expensive cars, noisily around. I'm meant to be undercover as well in multimillion ere yachts and cars.
Speaker 4: Yep, and so much unnecessary action. The dialogue between the two cars warden, very wooding, unrealistic, very unrealistic, not things, not a conversation that you'd ever actually have.
Speaker 5: I also was a kid, Yes, so I watched an episode and I went down a deep wormhole. Listen to. These are some of the stars who were before they were ever in anything big, who actually got their first breaks, first ever credited work on Miami Vice. Bruce Willis young Bruce Willis before Moonlighting, Junior Roberts, Chris Rock, Ben Stiller at nineteen, a young Steve Buscemi who still looks old and knackered even as a very.
Speaker 4: Young He's hard to imagine a childlike Steve.
Speaker 5: He came out his mum's tum tum, He's still going How old is the baby? Nine? Hundred and two. He's not stayed at an age and this is consistent. Willie Nelson, Vigo morterson teaming up with Lou Diamond, Phillips, Liam Neeson Kramer from Seinfelder is in it, Helena Bonham, c Miles Davis like you know, one of the greatest jazz musicians ever, Leonard Cohen, who is a baddy in it, James Brown, the godfather of soul, and also John Taylor from Duran Duran. So didn't enjoy that? Left you cold?
Speaker 4: I obviously missed the star cameos in the episode. I watch No Good Magnum p I, however.
Speaker 5: But please tell me you love this hunk right? First of all, count can I just get your take on Tom Selleck Stut.
Speaker 4: Magnum is a guy I can get around, Yes, the old rugged, Yeah, some Magnum.
Speaker 5: What about those dice?
Speaker 4: Oh loved the shots hold.
Speaker 5: Me type magnum for those guys and those short shots before Dean Moxhall was rocking those short shots. Thomas Mann basically parading around in hairy hot pants.
Speaker 4: He makes the boxel shorts look like a some address. He had short shorts. They kept getting short and during the episode any episode.
Speaker 5: You're right that one of his little eggs might pop out, Sharon Stone crossed. Thomas Magnum was doing it early on in Denim Hot Pats.
Speaker 4: It actually got to the point where I was surprised other characters weren't saying something about the shorts, like because it's a dead body here, Magnum put.
Speaker 5: Some because if you've got a packet like that, who show the world? Seriously, it's like the sun you can't have but have a little look and be blinded by the jaws on the show.
Speaker 4: So I love Magnum was the character we were meant to hate, the police lieutenant. I get the vibe that he's.
Speaker 5: He was on his back of it. Yeah, and did you like the talkie bits? Thomas used to do a little of the old now of course that I don't know who I'm doing there. I don't know who that is. Is it Judge Ubbings would come again?
Speaker 4: He would do his own narration. Yes, I like that a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Actually, get when you buy Tom Selleck, he doesn't want anyone else to do it and stuff? Do you know that him being Magnum p I because it was a big show. I think the last episode is in the top four biggest viewed audiences for It's Up There with Friends. Fifty two million people watched the final episode. But because they sign you up for years and it was a big show, he was He was the number one choice by Spielberg to play Indiana Jones. He wanted that rugged appeal, and he never got it. Magnum pi. The producers of the network wouldn't let him go.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I might wonder I peop would have had that big yea.
Speaker 5: Were the trash and a Hawaiian shirt? I think as well.
Speaker 4: Now there was some cliches in there, and this feels like a very eighties thing. But maybe it's just the episode I watched, but I felt like it probably happened every season. The bad guy kept ringing him and giving him riddles.
Speaker 5: You're right, they were fond of a riddle. Don't know what it was about the island in Hawaii. Be sieves like criminals who very smart, loved a cryptic clue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'll catch me if you can. Old rubber Dub Dub three men in the time.
Speaker 5: I used to get so frustrated to keep going if they cut out all those riddles. They always give him too much time to crack it up and sold the case. I was a baddie in Hawaii. Don't ever call him, don't do any cryptic clues, just start wreaking, have it, just get on with it.
Speaker 4: He was like a bad riddler in a Hawaiian shirt. But Magnum got him to his Magnum figured out.
Speaker 5: I think it'd be awesome if you could get Tom Selleck. Who what's he now? Is it he's in a big show? Is it Blue Bloods? With Donnie Wahlberg as well? Tom sell It would be amazing. Get on, who's current? Christian?
Speaker 2: Carla Breger know you're listening to the Christian o'crls show podcast.
Speaker 5: Jackie Boys promised me he's gonna actually watch today. Some episodes of the Great Short Lived, Gone Too Soon Manimal from the eighties on the Strangest Eighties show a man helping local police authorities fight crime by transforming himself into various animals that he thought might be able to lend out more of a hand than a human. All right, make us say wow. Lines are open now, Cola, so we're looking for your stories once more. That will make me Jack and Patsy say wow. Nine, that's a numb by you just calling nine in and I'm there. Nine sportsive for dramatic and faith. Really, last week we had some great stories, including an amazing story about one of you seen Bill Clinton when he was here in Australia up in Port Douglas when he got the call about the Twin towns. Anyway, here are some of the calls from last week making us see well.
Speaker 8: I went to Monte Cristo Homestead, Australia's most haunted house. I was lying on my side and both my arms were pulled with such force I could still feel the pressure around my wrist two hours after.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 12: I was renting a house. I had all these old door handles over steel and they were really pointy. This day, I was walking into the bathroom and I grabbed my jumper and I just went to unhooked myself, but the door handle had gone through one side of my arm and had come out the other side, so I was actually hooked to the door handle.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 13: I got to serve Ex President Bill Clinton dinner September eleventh, two thousand and one. He got a phone call and his face dropped and there was about ten secret security guys. They were all on their phones at the same time, and everyone had this fary feeling that something's going on here like it was.
Speaker 5: It was pretty weird, amazing stuff last week. What have you got this week for US front? James is up first. Good morning, James, Hi Christian, how are you going? I'm good, James, Welcome to the show. I hope you're bowing up. Well, what is your story for us on? Makers? Say?
Speaker 11: Wow, Well, it's a bit of an interesting one. I was helping out my father in law's house and doing some renovating and working with the painter decorator that told me a crazy story about house and sin Kilties and another trade who came into the house, so it had also been to the house. So I've had two trades confirm it. Their house is an o Victorian house and it's in Saint Kildares, just near the sin Kilda Cemetery, and it's actually downhill from the cemetery. Being an old house, it sort of has an basement and the guy's discovered that the basement had been permanently closed off. I'm getting scared, reason being that over the years bodily fluids that has escaped out of the cemetery had made their way down the hill, gravity taking over and penetrated the basement, and the smell in the basement was such that they had to board it up permanently.
Speaker 5: And these people have engaged in parties all these years. My word, that isn't do you think that's the thing? Then, in cemeteries, if the bodily fluids will run down hill into.
Speaker 3: People's homes, don't they embalm them alike?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean they're preserved, aren't they in balmed?
Speaker 4: And they're in the side of the coffin. Wouldn't they catch most of the fluids?
Speaker 5: Do we need to get I think to bear in mind, you literally sort of decomposing your own genes like a big old.
Speaker 4: Turkey one you get under your barbecue.
Speaker 5: Make us say no more, no more graveyards running down hill? Are you sure this has been very far? This feels like one of those tall stories, And I don't mean funny trade's aren't exactly. You know, they love just telling lines and all those stories, don't they.
Speaker 11: The two guys had met before, and they both had been to the house, So taking it on their word, and you're going to remember, this cemetery has been there for them very very very long time.
Speaker 5: So the old You're right, you don't get a little brand new cemeteries to you. They're all really old. There's no brain symetery, all right, James said, you Brice, thank you very much and.
Speaker 2: Thanks The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Leslie.
Speaker 9: High, Christian, my late father lied about his entire family mother, father, sisters, brothers being killed during the blitz in World War Two.
Speaker 5: What do you mean you got to tell us more? This sounds interesting?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, even even my mother. He told my mother the same. So everybody just understood from him that his entire family had died during the war.
Speaker 4: And it was when my sorry, what had happened to them?
Speaker 11: Nothing?
Speaker 9: Nothing had happened to them.
Speaker 12: They were all.
Speaker 5: Alive, right, So what he had a secret family or what was the deal? Because you hear these stories of people who fought overseas in the Second World War and years later often when they passed away, they found they had secret families there or started to have relations somewhere else in the world. So what had actually happened? And I were just trying to get to piece together the pieces, Leslie.
Speaker 9: We don't actually know. We don't know why he lied about them all dying.
Speaker 5: So he's trying to keep a secret about his family.
Speaker 9: Oh he did, he did. He successfully kept it a secret. After he passed, my eldest sister and I decided to look up our family trade.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So we started during the blitz and didn't find any deaths until we found the death of my grandmother in nineteen sixty nineteen sixty nine, and she was the first one to die. Wow, my grandfather died in the seventies. Yeah. I actually have been back to the UK and have had coffee with his twin sister.
Speaker 5: And how was that?
Speaker 15: That was really.
Speaker 5: Surreal amazing thing to do that, right?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Leslie, thank you very much. She cooled, Take care, Thank you, Thank you. By Leslie. We're speaking to Phaps his sister there.
Speaker 3: Oh you know why.
Speaker 5: This is nice? Just you know someone else that's a story. Oh, Bob, this is Bob our old friend. This is me. Her head out, Bob, Hey as your head out, Bob, Oh my head.
Speaker 14: You're always screwed to my shoulders so far anyway, mate, how are you all good?
Speaker 5: You know you're taking care of yourself. Bob. Now make us say, well, what's your story for us, Bob.
Speaker 14: I was stung by approximately Ady B's on Saturday. Wow, Now, well, I mean I meant well. We counted the stings as I were pulled out by the doctors and one one forrce pad had fifty on it. The other doctor we didn't catch his pad. But yeah, I pulled at least ten or fifteen out on my way to the hospital for obvious reasons. So somewhere around ad B's.
Speaker 5: Got me and what were you doing to annoy them?
Speaker 14: I was cutting. I was cutting down a tree. There was a tree near a vicarage that had to go because it was they had to be hiven. We knew that, and we weren't able to capture it, but it was down low, so I had to go in and poison that particular hive. And then the next day I went up with the cherry picker and I cut most of the tree down. And then when I was about to cut the very top section out, I could see there were bees there, but I thought they're just left over from the from the hive and trying to start aside the Yeah, and so as soon as I cut through it it was a fairly big section, I cut straight through the center of the hive and they just came by out there.
Speaker 5: I mean, surely there might be a few live ones in there, and they're really they're like John Wick, they're going to get you.
Speaker 14: Well they don't. I mean, I've been doing this for twenty years. Lie not chopped now. I've cut down trees with beehives or bees around, and they usually don't, which is what say they.
Speaker 5: Won't obviously because they lucky.
Speaker 14: But they got me, and so anyway, I survived, you know. I went to the hospital. They spent about an hour pulling all the stings out of me. There was a fifteen minute period where I really wasn't feeling too good. They gave me steroids and andy histamines. I went down the Sunshine Hospital for observation for about two hours, and I came home and I went back up in the Cherry picture the next day with a bee shuit on. We cut the rest of the I cut down the rest of the section because the queen was still up there. So a friend of mine who's a beekeeper is now has now captains Queen Yep has now captured the queen and share her up in a portable high and which is waving a couple.
Speaker 5: Of counting accommodation at the moment, Lovely, Well.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we're rehousing them, giving them, giving them a chair to collect your honey from the.
Speaker 5: Once they start to regroup, they're going to come back for you, Bob.
Speaker 14: Well, we hope not, though I don't believe these take things personally, nor do they seek revenge. At least I hope not, because I've still got to cut down the rest of that tree.
Speaker 5: All right, Bud, We've got to get into the new use now Lovely to hear from me to take care mate. Bye.
Speaker 1: Look Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: There is a really seriously what is that? Can you smell that already for your nose in the studio?
Speaker 4: Yes, right is the world's hottest corn ship.
Speaker 5: The reason why we've got the world's hottest corn ship a box of them in the studio is christ were ib be love God. Patsy's husband got this the other day and rightly so she was like, you cannot have those you in a funny turn two weeks ago. He's on a big health kick at the moment, doing the right thing and PASSI what did it sound the best about that? Alerted you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: People with cardiac conditions shouldn't have it, And there's just a general medical warning. If you've got any medical sort of issues, don't consume. I'm really I'm not sure about you guys having these.
Speaker 4: I haven't a package in my hand now act say it says, do not consume what very.
Speaker 5: Worry about only men and slash dumb men like you, and I would actually go, well, no, I'm still going to have some.
Speaker 4: The red box of the World's Hottest Corn Chips has a flaming gas mask on the smell.
Speaker 5: It actually makes you record the smell warning.
Speaker 4: Extreme heat warning, extreme heat, delicious chili infused corn.
Speaker 5: I'll marry one, oh.
Speaker 3: My on a hour? Oh Jack, get ready to take over?
Speaker 4: Infused heat for extra kick, new recipes for.
Speaker 5: A little.
Speaker 3: Is you know running yet?
Speaker 5: Oh god? That is so jack? Time in.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't one of us be safe?
Speaker 5: Yes? Down today?
Speaker 3: You got a glass of milk in there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm trying to see how long it is before I go it gets worse.
Speaker 4: You're quite young then, yeah, but well yeah.
Speaker 7: Don't let my own on air boys. On a scale of one to like ten, how hot is it?
Speaker 4: I shouldn't have swallowed?
Speaker 5: Swallow makes it, makes it work. Gone now, Oh.
Speaker 4: It's get worse, sleeper, don't Why do we do this?
Speaker 5: The package? The package is so hot. My tongue and throat is on fire. I actually struggling to talk at the moment. Right now, Jacks has gone.
Speaker 3: Quiet past out.
Speaker 5: Jack, talk to me, let me before I go. Yeah, you're right, okay, So anyway, today's time waster. It is spicy songs, spicy songs. I see your baby, chicken, my drass, chicken, my drass, good gold chicken, Tika, do you I know abba what?
Speaker 4: Too much going on?
Speaker 5: Bronze Chive talking begs silver, a glass of milk. Weather is doing Oh, my tongue, it's doing nothing. There's a throb above the back on my eyes right now, Chuma, Ricky, don't lose that number. Jack is actually getting worse. Bronze Santa Claus is cuming to down from as.
Speaker 4: You get one out gold Jack, carry on all right, Spicy songs, Chili Hay pats, Christians walked away from the mim.
Speaker 3: I'll give you silver for that check.
Speaker 4: Is why we can't hear him laughing. Thank you you are the wind beneath my wicked wings.
Speaker 5: Gold Gold, I just had thought that milk is not helping.
Speaker 4: You need meatloaf's health when you had too much hot stuff, because you say, put that milk right into my mouth.
Speaker 5: And you do it out of tune. You bronze.
Speaker 4: Zinger takes it all gold and mister mister singing, curry your Lason.
Speaker 5: Gold all right? Sex is your spicy songs help?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast done.
Speaker 5: A lot of dumb things on the radio. That is hands down the sister dumbest, pointless thing. Why do we need to do that?
Speaker 4: I think there was no build up. It's still in the back of my throat.
Speaker 5: It's a scoreful.
Speaker 4: There was no build up to eating the world's Hottest corn chip. You know, we could have done all day O it's coming, It's coming, and then maybe we would have been mentally prepared for it. It was kind of a second thought, after thought, and we just chewed on them and they were horrific.
Speaker 5: Jack and I have just had what is build as the world's hottest corn chip, and Patsy's husband Chris had these and on the back it says if you have a car you know, existing cardiac condition, don't consume. It actually says all over the packet, do not consume. Jack and I heard this warning from Patsy and went bring them in. We are dumb. We ignore that very sensible warning and game. Also, I know what's happened here. I get it produces. They must you might must drive the nuts, listen to our demands like can you get me ten loud explosions and our pick which one they have stitched us up. A lot of people are saying that, actually, everyone knows milk makes it worse. They've given you and I milk. Why are they cut such sum an oranges up for us? I think they're just pranking us, everyone says everyone it's a guy who's tie he runs a Thai restaurant. When they've deliberately done that, everyone knows if you google it makes it worse. Goobs because the steady on with the birds goos on some of them the nineteen fifties. That's what you've done to Jack Goobs.
Speaker 4: Language.
Speaker 5: But my mouth is still burning, Christian. What you needed was a bowl of sugar cubes. They run a Thai restaurant. We always have them on the tables. One of the best way to call the bernabus really hot Tie Cameron Peterson Christian hum as dumb as you and Jack. I have to buy these. I'm so bored at the moment in lockdown. Burning would be a highlight of my day. Where do I get them? I'm going to do it tonight with a couple of beers. Do not have milk nearby? Okay, get some sugar lumps.
Speaker 4: I found the website for any fellow dummies out there. Chili seed Bank is who makes it, chiliseeedbank dot com dot AU Nine dollars for a pack of the world's hottest corn chips, free domestic shipping on orders over one hundred and fifty dollars. Oh my, it just doesn't go, doesn't it. It's sticking around.
Speaker 5: When will this go? I don't have to live forever in this constant, relentless pain. I'll tell you what, Patsy, you did, Chris a solid favor with us.
Speaker 3: There's no way it's going to be fun coming out the other end, isn't it, Lady? Today? We don't need it's going to be painful. Might need one of those whoopy cushions.
Speaker 5: All right, we are surrounding my goose, all right, it's not a sweating bowlt of it.
Speaker 4: Now your eyes are very glass.
Speaker 5: I fail very glassy right now. I've been coomed all right time. So what are we doing?
Speaker 4: Spicy song?
Speaker 5: Oh there? Why not? Makes sense now, doesn't it? Paprika, don't breach gold word unjustin pump up the Jilipino silver, sweet Chili of mine.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 5: It must have been loved it mustard been love clever gold. Thank you. That's what I said it twice time after time. Oh love did the herb God, they're born old herb. Top three. There's rang my herbs, SyRI Archer wish your girl from was hot like me? Very good? Justin Chitty Chili Bang Bang not a song, Yes it is. It's the lead song from chitch Chitchy Bang Bang that goes chitchgity bang bang Ron. That's not fair. You can't carry love Silva. I'll get the sweats again. I keep getting these hot going through the change. You're the Chazahn. I want.
Speaker 4: Silva.
Speaker 5: Here comes the runs. Patsy stopped texting him with his old school trip and m jokes. Ron Corma Cormack comedian gold, very good word, an Andrew, that's salsa bonita gold. That's good. Paras By City silva, no halipos, no cry gold cayenne. You fill the love tonight gold. Don't carry for me a silver chili in the name of rage against the machine old plus Is she really going now with chowmain? That's not no.
Speaker 4: I wanted it to be good, but it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do chowmain songs in the time. We just put chowmaine in songs. Chowmaine is a funny word. I don't know what uh stead a mambo number five? Have an aerow number five?
Speaker 4: Silver?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sweet chili o mine. I'm pretty sure we go. We're surrounded by goons. All right, that is today's show. I need to go and lie down in a cold room. We're back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast