Speaker 1: Now, I don't know whether I'm just having one of those very proud parent moments, you know when you find yourself sometimes or maybe you've been on the receiving end of this brit where someone's like showing you photos of their kid and you're thinking to yourself, please stop showing me photos.
Speaker 2: I'm on the receiving end of that daily with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you're so proud. But now I'm doing it on national radio. So call me out if I'm self indulging. No, it is cute. Every so often they do things where you have these real moments where like you realize that they've kind of moved to a new phase or they're hitting new milestone, and it's particularly cute now with Lola, she's only four years old. I think one of the big things I've loved about parenting, and like it's very small, but it's something I find very very sweet, is that kids often say words the wrong way, and then one day they figure it out and they say it the right way, and then they never ever say that cute thing ever again. Right, So, and I no, I mean this, Like Lola used to say boobooberries for blueberries, and it was adorable, and I never realized how much I was to miss it until one day she just started saying blueberries and she never got it wrong again.
Speaker 2: Where is this going in a therapy session? So anymore? Are we mourning the lot that she can speak?
Speaker 1: She doesn't boober berries? My baby's growing up? No, she's just started to sing her ABC's now very cute and important. Yeah, she's just turned four. She doesn't sing them exactly correctly by any means, but I almost don't want to correct her because it is so cute.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: You have to correct her.
Speaker 2: You can't send her off for school for her whole life not knowing ABC's because you're holding on to boober berries.
Speaker 1: I don't know my boober berries anymore, so now I need my ABC's anyway, have a listen to this. She's so proud of herself. She performs it every day, and I got it on record because it was the cutest thing ever. Ready one two three, ab CVSD has said, Jay Jack.
Speaker 2: Hy yes, hyb ws lyn Z, Now I know you ABC. Next time we're teasing with me.
Speaker 1: Oh that was amazing.
Speaker 2: I think she sleep in there, bws b one spirits. I think she spending too much time going there with you guys.
Speaker 1: She's like, now I know your A. B. C's like, it's definitely not mine because this is I don't know what I just made up, but that's where.
Speaker 2: You've been there to B B one spirits, it's very cute, to be fair, I was following that along as it went. I reckon that was like ninety seven percent. There were only a couple of.
Speaker 1: I like how she really doubled the Q like you know, uv w b ys, bring your own, d y y own, do it yourself l O L to me, I've watched that video so many times. I know, no I'm biased. I find it like the cutest thing in the world. But I do want to say this to parents because I feel as though you missed them. What's the message?
Speaker 2: What's the message for? What is the story here?
Speaker 1: You miss the little weird words that your kids used to say when they were little, and also the way that they speak when they little. They have such sweet little voices, and then one day you look at your six year old and you're like, oh my god, you're a kid, Like you're not a baby anymore.
Speaker 2: You look at your kid and they're doing drugs, they're dropping out of school. Hold on to those bibberberries.
Speaker 1: But I'm always recording the girls and like voice recording them. I have little podcasts that I've done with them from when they were little. So, like I would ask.
Speaker 2: Trying to replace me with your kids, I'm trying.
Speaker 1: To get a new co host. So one day when you move Overseas to be with your fiance.
Speaker 2: Lola Marley May has stepan right in.
Speaker 1: Well not not only worried after hearing that no, but what I mean is is like I so encourage. I know everyone takes photos and everyone takes videos of their kids, but I really encourage to record audio of your children because their voices change so much and so quickly over the years, and these little nuggets of memories I think are just as special as having the videos and everything else. Like I love going back in the listening to them answer questions in their own weird little way, and then asking them the same types of questions a year later and seeing like, what's their responses as they've grown and they've changed.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like if there's anything that you can hold on to, it's the fact that your husband. Mammy Jay still says s Niland so cynical, so there's still mistakes been made in your family.
Speaker 1: Can I record that as well?
Speaker 2: Even when your kids grow up, you've always got that.
Speaker 1: It's cue to when the four year old does it, as opposed to the thirty eight year old. But anyway,