Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more gold podcasts, playlists, and listen live on the free I Heart app. Got anything Good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is Christian O'Connell, just letting you know. I've got a new book come now in a couple of weeks time. The reason why I'm giving you a heads up is you can buy it cheaper than when it comes out.
Speaker 3: It's available for pre sale.
Speaker 1: It's called Unscript, and it's all the mistakes I've basically made in thirty years of breakfast radio, so you don't have to make them in your speaking. Most of us perform some version of ourselves when we're talking, depending on the situation we're in. And the book Unscript that I've written, which comes out in four weeks time, how she finds your authentic voice. Everyone has these various blocks. Sometimes because speaking is easy, we all know how to do it, but in certain situations it gets jammed up. It might be in a meeting when he got to give an impromptu speech how to tell better stories. Some of the people have been coaching over the last couple of years, is even trying to have a courage to ask a question on a team's meeting as well. This helps you remove your speaking block so you can have more confidence in any room, in any situation, and be more of yourself. How you can find your true authentic voice. It's called down script. And right now I've done a deal with book Topia, brilliant online bookstore. If you use the code word Brightside, we call the show the bright Sila Dal. If you use the code word Brightside, you get twenty percent off and you get the chance to come in and watch the show as well, and an additional thank you for pre ordering the book because actually helps me out. Pre Orders matter booksellers, a lot of bookshops. They all see how the pre orders are going, obviously not going very well. They're not going to waste their bookshelves with your monkey book in there. So I really want to get the book out there. I love writing this book. I really hope it could help some people. So as thank you for me to you. If you do pre order the book, if you send me your receipts to Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com dot au, you get an automatic invite for a special live YouTube show. I'm just doing for my pre order pals, so send me your receipt. Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com. Today you make sure you use bright Side twenty. If you can order from book topia you can save money.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The book is called Unscript The Radical Act of being Yourself. I already think it could help you.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Pats Money, Good morning Rio, Good morning. Today is travel day for me and the team. After they show, we will fly up to Brisbane and then out and a half of the taxi. We are staying tonight in till Womba and then tomorrow live for the big live pub show in heldon at the Criteria in Hotel which has kind of become I guess Australia's most famous pub.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because of the last couple of weeks has been renovated. Thank you for ready for everyone who's been working so hard up there over the last couple of weeks. A lot of them given their time for free as well. In fact, Pete's into and Pete is up there live right now. Pete, you're there on.
Speaker 5: You the Criteria. Good morning guys.
Speaker 6: I have arrived and it is a big day ahead, but obviously travel day.
Speaker 5: For you guys.
Speaker 6: But then on site here a lot of things are happening ready for the outside broadcast tomorrow when Nolsey takes over the town and gets ready for his performance. But I guess I've got a few things. I'm calling them the hallidin headlines of things you need to know that are going on around the place here this morning, most importantly is a last minute a little bit of a curve ball today because we're still under renovation, but we actually have a funeral taking place later on this morning.
Speaker 3: It's not that dog, is it.
Speaker 5: No, it's fine. I've seen digger.
Speaker 6: It is unfortunately one of one of the beautiful. So we are in full swing of setup. But then also sol I'm trying to get ready for the outside broadcast.
Speaker 5: We'll have a funeral in the middle there.
Speaker 6: There's gonna be a lot going on here this morning, which I'm really excited.
Speaker 5: So I've arrived and.
Speaker 1: The people that are she's sending somebody off that are actually overcoming a loss. And then but it's still a building site there today, it.
Speaker 6: Is still a building side at the moment, there is the blinds, the brain people are.
Speaker 1: You sat next to someone who's having a meeting at five past six year.
Speaker 5: Isn't it just live on the air?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 5: Christy was saying, if you guys.
Speaker 3: Are she's coming from the world of TV.
Speaker 6: We're talking about the elite portables. We've got a new setup as well, so we're in the middle of full setup, live radio and some bits and bobs.
Speaker 5: Morning girls. Thanks for your time.
Speaker 1: Now, Pete, the one thing I sent you up thet sort out was the red carpet and the scissors.
Speaker 3: How have you got on with that?
Speaker 1: Because obviously I want the publicans Gary and Tracy the reason why we're going up the tomorrow sort of big unvowl and so right in the middle of the show eight o'clock, I want them to walk down the red carpet into their own pub that we give back to.
Speaker 6: Yes, they have great news. We definitely have red carpet. Not so great news for the business is I've over ordered the red carpet and we now have enough red carpet that can pretty much take up the main drag of Helladen.
Speaker 1: Or this is the line and we set a world record for the world's longest red carpet.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be honest with you, I think we can do that.
Speaker 1: How many meters if you got four or five?
Speaker 5: Like, well, I just ordered a ten meter one.
Speaker 3: But it looks like it's a runway.
Speaker 5: That is a runway there. That is a lot in itself.
Speaker 6: But the reality is there's about five of those roles, so that's kind of there's multiple.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what we do.
Speaker 1: Then at the towards the end to my show, let's give away to five listens. What do you need some red carpet for? It shouldn't be just some VIP and showbies. Everybody. Everybody should have the joy of walking along a red carpet. You might have a birthday party the next couple of weeks on the first day at work rolled red carpet or cast seven it's you're leaving work and rolled out your own.
Speaker 3: Exit red carpet. Either way, let's use that red carpet too soon.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast, Do.
Speaker 1: You guys always have certain things that whether you're going away for one night or a week or two, they are your essentials. Whether it's come for items, but you have to pat them. My alarm clock goes wherever I go.
Speaker 3: That's wow, crazy I can't trust real.
Speaker 1: I can't trust to womba to wake me up tomorrow morning. I don't know what to wombans do to wake up at four twelve am. So I literally turned it off this morning and packed it in my bag.
Speaker 3: And my wife just my wife just went in the darkness.
Speaker 1: Wow, Like, get a load of this guy. Okay, productivity hat guy, Why didn't you jump on diary CEO and tell everyone.
Speaker 3: About your head it? Literally it was all a very slick operation.
Speaker 4: Just use your phone.
Speaker 1: No, I can't.
Speaker 3: I never use my phone as the alarm.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, I don't trust the Apple corporation. They're trying to gradually shut us down and raise the machines.
Speaker 3: Not on my watch.
Speaker 5: Think you can.
Speaker 7: Charles or something, he packs everything, including his bed when he goes.
Speaker 1: How do you even know that? Again, these are just things that people.
Speaker 3: Make up about the royal family.
Speaker 7: A million different things.
Speaker 3: Maybe so did you work with him?
Speaker 7: He's well known for it.
Speaker 3: He's very famous, well known for packing his bed.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's a British thing, Patsy. Maybe they just bring everything that's right, everything.
Speaker 1: You're right in another bang?
Speaker 5: Is my bed?
Speaker 3: I dismountled it whilst my wife was sleeping.
Speaker 1: A love clock's crazy now it's eight because that that thing's just dependable a phone no no, no, no no, no shut down or do an update or anything like that. Put it this way, I've never missed a start of the radio show in twenty eight years. You'ven't eve been doing this a year. It's too early to say you will miss a show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm not going to guarantee it's showing to Woomba because I don't.
Speaker 1: You know what, because your boy here is going to be tappy tap tap, I'm going to be tapp tap thumbes tappy tap tap because no, no, no, no, no no, not that it's an atomic clock tans heavy. It's it's atomic so it speaks to the world's clock.
Speaker 4: You don't know what atomic means.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: It means it speaks to the atoms that contained in the world's clock.
Speaker 3: Does your I.
Speaker 4: Phone doesn't seund all right?
Speaker 1: Now google it. It's what NASA uses. No, no, no, look it up. It's a special NASA clock. Because you ever seen them trying to wake up astronauts.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't, because they've got.
Speaker 1: My atomic clock. And also, do you know what I like about it on the front. On the front of this alarm clock, it has a giant aerial like an antennae, And just seeing that brings me comfort because I'm thinking inside is all the atoms that make that visual happen right now? Even in that suitcase, it's it's speaking to the world's clock.
Speaker 4: Are you even allowed to take such advanced to tell you what.
Speaker 1: The pilot will probably speak as well to find out what the right time is to take off today as well.
Speaker 4: You are sorry, I will retract from my skepticism that you do know what the atomic alarm clock is.
Speaker 3: That is what it does, exactly what it does.
Speaker 1: It's never ever let me down. So what do you take with you or those certain things to you?
Speaker 3: The other ones arm?
Speaker 1: I have to take my sharpie pens, even though when when you're going away for two days, I'm taking seven with me. I've got backups of backups of backups. I can't be looking around for my sharpie fine near pens.
Speaker 4: Wait, so you're two essentials for traveling, an atomic NASSA alarm clock and sharpie pens.
Speaker 3: I'm going to England. I'm going to England for eight days.
Speaker 1: Right on Saturday, Guests how many sharply pens I'm going even though I'm seeing family and friends with a couple of meetings.
Speaker 3: Ten ten, I've got a whole new ten pack.
Speaker 4: You never know when creativity's going to strive.
Speaker 1: There in the sky with my atomic clock, and I need some pens as well. Perhapsy what do you always take with you when you go away?
Speaker 7: I'm pretty I'm very minimalist nowadays. I never used to be.
Speaker 4: No, I am.
Speaker 7: I really am even down to like, you know, my toilet bag. I've got my minis and don't use them when I'm at home. I've got my mini shap and poos and everything.
Speaker 1: That's very well organized. I have to otherwise you collect them when you start hotels. My wife does that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, of course I do. Yeah, clean them.
Speaker 4: She would just.
Speaker 3: Empty the place.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm like, we don't need alf that stuff. It's not good enough for like one watch hands going on the whole legend the shower.
Speaker 3: I'll take this.
Speaker 7: We ran out of toothpaste at home the other day, but I had one of the tiny like one squeeze.
Speaker 3: It's the right to do a couple of back mollers.
Speaker 7: Yes, And I said to the family, you will have a go at me when I'm at the hotel pinching all this stuff. But I've saved the day with my mini toothpaste.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, I've got half a millimeter one grown of toothpaste.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good morning to Carl Smith. Christian.
Speaker 1: I never go anywhere without my AeroPress, my coffee making coffee grinder. Anytime I go through security, my bag gets to vert to tell oh, the side funnel of shame. Yes, it's like a game show. Why do you feel so superior when the best but is when they tease you and they pause it. And there are always crossroads in life. You know which way you're going to go. You're gonna go down that little side sort of funnel of shame where they open up and.
Speaker 3: All right, lead to a sprite.
Speaker 1: You don't read the signs, thicky. There's always someone who's got like nine liters of a fizzy drink and they go, well, sorry, and it's always an elderly cup on this stuff.
Speaker 3: I told you to checklcome I didn't check.
Speaker 1: The security guard always asks this is your bag? And I just want it's a coffee grinder. It's become my travel ritual Christ and I always travel with my calculator.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: I mean what do you need a calculator for?
Speaker 4: And especially it must be an advanced calculator because the phones have a calculator.
Speaker 1: What are you adding up? What are you adding up? Yeah, don't tell me that you don't trust foreigners in the tills. Listen, Pommy, you're in London and you're doing your own mouth for the bill. I didn't have the waters challenging for that minus this stre inflation. Why please tell me why are you traveling with your calculator?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: I just want to say an early happy birthday to Pats.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I know it's your birthday, Pats. Now she got a big couple of days. You've got your birthday tomorrow. Your daughter turns fifteen on Sunday. You and your daughter then days apart for birthday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my birthday's actually Saturday. But that's okay. We're a day apart. She was nearly born on my birthday. Oh woy, i'me on Saturday. She's on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Wow, twenty four hours apart.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 7: And you know it's funny because the same thing happened with my husband and his mum, and as you know, it was a big, big sort of job getting ordered. It was five years in the making. And I almost feel like and she wasn't here to see her born, and I almost feel like it was divine intervention that she was also born like Chris, a day after me, like they were. I think she had something to do. Yeah, so she's fifteen this year. Can you believe it's insane? It's gone too to tell me about.
Speaker 3: So you had your birthday and the next day you gave bus. Yes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she was actually due on my dad's birthday, which is August sixth, and then she was way early, so she ended up nearly being born on my thirty ninth birthday. Best birthday present ever?
Speaker 3: Oh bad? That's fantastic. And so what are you going to be doing for your birthday?
Speaker 1: Because I know what he's got her day and she's gone out with her mates and go and shove them. How are you going to celebrate your book?
Speaker 7: We will go out for dinner. We haven't actually got any concrete plans yet, but I would like to go out for dinner or a lunch, maybe to a winery or something like that might be nice.
Speaker 1: If Chris hasn't got something for you. Start trying to book something now to be right.
Speaker 3: On a Thursday, two days before.
Speaker 7: Hey, are you doing? You're dealing with the mafioso Pats. I will definitely get in someone.
Speaker 1: I've been booking it in his own name. Sorry rookie mistake.
Speaker 2: Here, Christian O'Connell Show Gone Podcast, Christian.
Speaker 1: I won't travel anywhere without my chiropractic pillow. I'm twenty four.
Speaker 4: I travel with a little inflatable pillow when I do a long haul flight so my cocksic doesn't get sore.
Speaker 8: I blow it up on the floor.
Speaker 1: That was such a I've got a twenty two hour flight on Saturday back to the UK, and you're as soon as I land. I'm in agony with that lower back. Yes, how does it work a lumber support?
Speaker 8: No, it's just like a little flat pillar that you put under your bum.
Speaker 4: It's more for my my bum than my back because like the little bone on my so sore.
Speaker 3: Sound it for too long?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you just it inflates itself and then it deflates into pretty much like paper thin.
Speaker 1: And I've noticed as well you are, even though we're just you're just flying away. We've got like a two hour flight whatever it is after show today to Brisbane.
Speaker 3: You've got a neck pillow.
Speaker 4: I will not go anywhere.
Speaker 7: With Seriously, you do that, even to Sydney, which is like well fifty minutes.
Speaker 4: From Melvin my carboakes c R B E A U neck pillar. I cannot recommend it enough. Hold your neck perfectly in place.
Speaker 1: The rest of us are laughing at you.
Speaker 3: I judge guys that do that. You're judging the toddler that can't hold their own head up.
Speaker 4: You can't. I go to sleep.
Speaker 9: As soon as that plane starts moving, I'm out, Like I don't even need to be in the air. As soon as it starts to like reverse movement, that.
Speaker 1: Movement, I'm oh, I wish I was, Like I barely make it into the air.
Speaker 8: That's why you need this. Keep your neck nice and straight.
Speaker 1: Because actually mine's always a terrible angle. It's like Brodie my chick. You know, it's a terrible, terrible angle, and it's an agony when I when I when I land, I always need to see a chiropractice. But I can't. I've tried those. I just feel too self conscious.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of self conscious. Caitlin has the one that's the big inflatable one.
Speaker 3: Whole of the world are crazy.
Speaker 1: I said to her, if you do know at some point we need to sleep together and I can't if it's hard, if you're going to like fold yourself into that.
Speaker 3: What can I describe as a head head cave? Yes, caves?
Speaker 1: A head cave is the exact description. What how can you possibly it looks really uncomfortable.
Speaker 8: It must work, though, otherwise why would people go through that?
Speaker 1: Because actually you can just go to sleep anyway. It's not the process of the head cave. You're just tired and just lie back and go to sleep.
Speaker 4: Part of he wants to.
Speaker 3: Try it head cave.
Speaker 7: Medieval torture device.
Speaker 1: Carl has come back to us, and now we're talking about why what do you always travel with? And he said he takes his own calculator. And we said, well, you know, why don't you use it on the phone. All phones have a calculator, a standard. He said, same reason, Christian, you take your own individual alarm clock. It's more accurate, more Adam, Look, my thing about taking my own atomic clock alarm clock is actually the iPhones and a lot of modern modern phones take the time from the cell towers that then are on in conversation with the atomic clock. And so I'm worried that if the phone crashes or it goes offline, it can be it could be a couple of seconds out. I can't have that MILLI I can't be starting the show at six oh seven. It's got to be six am. I'm good to go. It's go time, okay, And so but a calculator must be maths. Yeah, let me share you know seven and seven is seven years? Sorry, small team?
Speaker 7: Or is it like cars speedos that can be out by like six or seven ks?
Speaker 1: So you probably use that to the police officers there, must say it must you must be wrong that radar go and you've got their officer it must be incorrect.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're talking about what you always what you can't leave behind when you go traveling. Whenever I fly, get any flight, even if it's in an hour or two hours, or wedding back to the UK this weekend, I always use This is my chemist Warehouse product of the week.
Speaker 3: It is first defense. This nasal spray essential.
Speaker 8: On before a flight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I'll do it on a land as well. You got you're all in that recycled air. There's a couple hundred people or various bugs and stuff like that. I don't make you guys. The moment I see someone get on with a face mask that cold. Oh that's a flight to Brisbane and today my flight. You don't no idea why they're doing it. They could just have health concerns. They just don't want to get a cold, be nursing an ill partner. But somehow all you think about is them inconvenience. It could be to yours, truly, that's how we are now in the world. Ye, everything around you as if their extras in the life of your movie. Oh that's all, Patsie, what's your chemists?
Speaker 3: Our house products of the week.
Speaker 7: I've found this fantastic eyebrow glue because when you get a bit older and when you've overplucked your eyebrows. In the nineties, a lot of our ladies listening will related.
Speaker 3: To nineteen a look.
Speaker 7: It was the look. It was that, you know, Jennifer Aniston, thin eyebrow look. And let me tell you they never grow back, and when they do grow back, they go all wild and sort of John Howard is like in all different direct I get that now, just.
Speaker 1: Like TV antenna. Oh, it just like forks out in the middle of a conversation. Awful random angles. No.
Speaker 7: I looked in the revision mirror yesterday when I got in the car and I had one eyebrow hair over the top of my spectacles, Like, yeah, it was terry.
Speaker 4: Awful.
Speaker 7: I don't need that, but it's great with this Nick's eyebrow glue. It's just a little, tiny little tube and it doesn't leave. It just keeps your eyebrows in place, and it doesn't leave like a sticky or chalky residue. It's brilliant for that.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: No, because I'm.
Speaker 1: When I watched the UFC and boxing, they have to the eyes so they don't cut. Can't I just use that? No, because I'm just bustling up my eyebrows tomorrow for the pub show.
Speaker 3: Let me know if I'm using too much alarming the local.
Speaker 7: No, it's brilliant. It's Nick's n y X.
Speaker 3: Gotcha real? What's your chemist Warehouse Products of the week.
Speaker 4: This saved me last week. It's Flow Sinus Care nasal solution. It is a little cube that you put up your nose when you've got a stuffy nose. It just before bed. You squeeze, the water goes up one nostril out the other.
Speaker 3: Nostril like a nasal douche.
Speaker 4: Literally, that is exactly what it is. And if you feel like a completely new person.
Speaker 7: Get all the mask.
Speaker 4: Oh, it is incredible. You can finally breathe.
Speaker 8: It's so good and at lasts the whole night.
Speaker 4: It saved me.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine.
Speaker 1: Okay, he maintains he's never had a flu, never had a cold in his whole life. He has the same evening routine, takes like two minutes. He've been doing for fifty odd years. He never gets here. He's what I said, to be fair, he never gets heal. And he gets a cordon air bud. He dips it in a vodka so it's just a tiny amount, smears it around the inside of both nostrils, gets the other end of the ear bud, wipes the inside of his ears with pure, very high alcohol vodka, and he's and he reckons he's sterilizing. His names are tracked and also is as well. I'm not swearing by that, but all of a sad, he never gets heal, you can't don't go in a Kimu's warehouse. Answer strong vodka and say Christian was talking about on the Breakfast show today on.
Speaker 4: Gold We're not responsible if you do this.
Speaker 3: Always read the label though.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's get into today's tombstone text. That's where we ask you to take your phone out and tell us what's the top message on your phone.
Speaker 3: Imagine now that that is your tombstone. What's it saying?
Speaker 1: Send yours to me on four seven five three one oh four three Ria.
Speaker 3: What's your tombstone today?
Speaker 4: Mine is I'm a grown ass man that my partner Will is in Europe.
Speaker 8: So I'm home alone and I'm leaving the.
Speaker 4: House to go and meet him over there.
Speaker 8: He he doesn't think I'm a proper adult like I think.
Speaker 4: He thinks I'm like Kevin mcallistering home alone or something like that.
Speaker 1: So here's you go, mate, Sure you put the bins out.
Speaker 4: He sent me a whole list. It literally had twelve things on it.
Speaker 1: You're leaving an AMBNB strip the bed's.
Speaker 4: What that is exactly? It doesn't he thinks. So he says, no respect for me.
Speaker 1: As you're just going to leave the front door wide open, exactly like I'm know how to leave a house.
Speaker 4: I know to lock the doors, I know to furre the switches.
Speaker 3: Yes, make sure the chaps on running.
Speaker 7: I want to know what's on this list?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh well it's pretty.
Speaker 3: Boring, Patsy. What's the other temstone text for you today?
Speaker 7: If only there was an app for that. I reminded my husband yesterday we cleaned out the cupboards and there was like bags of stuff to go to charity, to one of those clothing bins. So of course they're in the boot because I couldn't find one, and I said, can you please on the way home, remember to drop those bags off. If you see a bin, keep your eye out. Why is it when you need one you can never find one?
Speaker 1: What is it times you're in a random car park somewhere it's a cloth bin.
Speaker 7: It's like it jumps out in the middle of the road here. I am, well, I don't need you now, but I needed you two weeks ago. But you know so he finally found one. But I said to him, there should be This is out of my pay grade, but there should be an app of locations of loading charity.
Speaker 1: All the apps you've got any phone one for clothes bin. We're going to use it like once a year.
Speaker 7: I totally would use it every time.
Speaker 3: On Google Maps.
Speaker 1: You can go near me and it goes restaurant, bars, clothes.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 7: So we finally found one. But there needs to be an app please, because you know they move around. They're like shape shifters.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: Pats Listen, you're a smart cookie, you're a journalist.
Speaker 1: Why don't you get into vibe coding and write your own code now and create your own app.
Speaker 7: Well, my daughter does coding at school. Maybe I'll get ords onto it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the next load of tech billionaires and millionaires are all going to be the coders and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: I know I wouldn't know the first thing about it.
Speaker 8: Get onto a quick but you've already talked about it on.
Speaker 3: We're not building the next uber clothing.
Speaker 4: I'll invest on the ground for shark tank.
Speaker 3: All right, what is the tombstone text for you? Today?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Everyone is selling in their tombstone text right now. Whatever phone is the top of your in box on your phone, imagine that as your tune stone. What does it stay send over to me four seventy five three one oh four to three. I'll be they out a hospital tomorrow. That's from Cameron, Cam and I hope everything's okay. And then someone has sent me a lovely photo. This is so good. They're obviously Scottish. Big game today, Scotland playing at eight this morning. Everyone, get around Scotland. Are taken on Brazil. Been of a tough job. Scotland's been nowhere near a World Cup ng time. Brazil been around there since year dots. But come on, Scotland. You've got a country where those players have been nowhere near the.
Speaker 3: Sun or fruit and vegetables.
Speaker 4: Are they're going to roast in this heat?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I hope they've got an SPF fifty plus.
Speaker 1: Yes please, they're playing in the coubas anyway, this lovely photo brother and sister. They're in their Scotland jersey. They got the flag as well. Go Scotland at eight, which in my tombstone text is time to go mofo. Okay, Hannah, I'll feed Maggie. Maggie is a dushed dog. A lot of the conversation my wife and I have you fed the dog? I'll feed the dog? Did you feed the dog? Christian, my friend would celebrating the Knicks winning and send me these messages my Knicks, my Knicks, my beautiful Nicks. That's from Emma. I got this message, Christian. I love you Uncle John. This is from The Unclean Question. John McKinnon, our listener, obviously a nephew, and he said that I love you Uncle John. That's lovely. Christian my friend sent me a photo of our favorite Channel nine news journalist, Ollie Haig. Good looking rooster. He is a good looking dude. Just a photo of it with this an afternoon treat for us two fans of the journal Ollie.
Speaker 4: Haig spacepot for on Ollie Haig.
Speaker 5: This morning.
Speaker 3: Too soon? All right?
Speaker 1: The message on mine is why don't we all get together in a pub and watch the socceros game at midday.
Speaker 3: It's the perfect time for it.
Speaker 1: Now. Obviously I can't. I'll be flying back tomorrow on the plane. However, I want to know this, so it's a great spot tomorrow. The soccer's game, third game, must win now against Paraguay. It's a mid day, early in the morning. It's a Friday. I mean, we do not off Fridays. What a sweet spot. Normally it's ungodly hours of the day, you know, five m the weekend see the soccer's take on the Yanks. But this is a great spot and I'm pretty confident it's going to be a big thumping win for.
Speaker 3: The Soccrews as well. But what are people doing?
Speaker 1: Are there some companies that are letting people do a half day or work from home so they can support their country and get around the Green and Gold and the socc creus.
Speaker 3: What are people doing?
Speaker 4: Surely that's the patriotic thing to do. It'd be unpatriotic to make someone do their job, I would say on a Friday after him, when the Zuckeroos are playing.
Speaker 1: Let us know what are you doing about the game tomorrow? What is your company doing? I'd love to know what companies are doing it right, either putting a big TV on, doing a screening and let people just watch the game and then go home afterwards, or go home early because it's rare in Australia when you're supporting the team that is on a decent time that is primetime. It's a knockoff early time. It's made for it as well. The third game, the last group game as well. It's a big game tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: What are you doing tomorrow midday? Because the SOCCERUS really need you?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do you remember a couple of weeks ago, right at the cusp, the eve of the World Cup beginning, we had high hopes, as we should have done for the soccer US great opening game. I asked you, I commissioned you Rio to make an unofficial anthem for the SOCCERUS.
Speaker 3: Listen to this now. Sadly it's dated.
Speaker 1: Real quick because you talked about spanking the Yanks the body at five am.
Speaker 4: You're a say, go way to the States.
Speaker 10: Story for your contry.
Speaker 4: Play for your mate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on midday that.
Speaker 4: Toy I'll tell you what he.
Speaker 5: Knows you boys can play.
Speaker 11: It's a loon is a quick but no, we believe he turned lasso ansked us to believe.
Speaker 3: Let's believe.
Speaker 4: Okay to the Cup.
Speaker 3: It really is us. How prophetic the work your Koreean gold.
Speaker 11: Suddenly it's a bit further back than the help. All right, But the team, the soccer is out there. They really need us tomorrow at midday. There are and no excuses not to get around the Queen and Gold. It should be a really good game tomorrow as well Paraguya or a decent team as well. It really does need a big soccer US win. A lot of people frustrate to a team selection. Some players who are will just sat on the side. But anyway, tomorrow, what are you doing at midday? More importantly, what are your companies.
Speaker 3: That work for?
Speaker 1: What are they letting you do? Christian? I'm all unexcited. I've ordered a brand new seventy five inch TV for the game tomorrow, been delivered today and getting set up.
Speaker 3: For the big game at Lunshine. I'll be representing Grinning Golds.
Speaker 4: Seventy five is a huge TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's even bad. TV is better on a big TV. You should have gone up to eighty, Adam, you know when you said.
Speaker 3: Tom you'll know. I wonder how many people have been doing the old working.
Speaker 4: From home tow Yeah, yeah, working from a.
Speaker 3: Lot of that, Adam.
Speaker 1: I love that seventy five inch brand new TV for the game. Christian work social clubs, c s Ir binusaw Pizza of the Soccers game tomorrow showing on the lecture theater big screen.
Speaker 4: Oh what even our scientists.
Speaker 1: Wow, Christian, our team, our bosses booked to table at the local pub to watch the game Friday.
Speaker 3: What a great boss.
Speaker 1: If your bosses are doing this and doing it right, let us know the company and their name is notl Thank.
Speaker 3: You for doing this.
Speaker 1: That's brilliant, Christian. We got a great boss. We're having a we're having a two hour lunch from twelve to two tomorrow. Pizza supplied and free beer. Fantastic, and we're being ordered to wear team colors otherwise you don't get the beer. This was the boss's idea, Rachel. That's great. We've got Wendy on the line now.
Speaker 3: Good morning Wendy.
Speaker 12: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 3: And welcome to the show. Wendy. Now, Wendy, are you a teacher. I'm a teacher, yes, And what age of the kids that you teach?
Speaker 12: I teach prep.
Speaker 1: Okay, and what are you doing tomorrow at midday?
Speaker 3: Go down the Pub's nice.
Speaker 1: Chuck them out in the oval, kids play for a couple of hours, Okay, do a couple of laps and then we're off down the pub.
Speaker 5: What do you? What do you do?
Speaker 3: And win?
Speaker 12: So the Department of Education has actually sent out communication at two schools in Victoria to encourage them to put it on in their classrooms at twelve o'clock.
Speaker 3: I think that's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Lives the joy of something significant happening and the old TV with legs and wheels being wheeled in, the excitement prep as well, the excitement.
Speaker 12: So I love it. So we've all got TVs in our classrooms, so we'll put it on. And then our principal has said that he'll put it on in the big for meda TV in the gym at lunchtime.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic. I love this. More of this brilliant, Wendy. Enjoy the game tomorrow and thank you for what you and your colleagues do as teachers as well.
Speaker 12: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show on podcast Christian.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, we're taking the day off from our small gardening business to little What is it about tradees? You know gardeners are including the tradees. Any excuses down tools, isn't it? You need the old day off? They will get out there and clean up that pond. Have you Clini cut the lawns.
Speaker 3: Of your clients. It's not until midday.
Speaker 4: A day off you've been off anyway. On any other Friday, they're done by midday anyway.
Speaker 1: Come on, guys, if you want to grow that small gardening business to be in a medium gardening miss you should do a couple of hours at first light tomorrow, cut a few lawns, sort someone's hedge out, and then you knock off at eleven and a half eleven, go down the local booze and watch the game day off and planers to have footy food, pies, chips and gravy.
Speaker 3: You get a hold banquet, heead of you mate? All right?
Speaker 1: Time now for this week's small thing, Big joy.
Speaker 10: Small thing, big joy six las spot you enjoy like finding five bucks in your jeans or buying the suscepan off your dream?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: What small thing gives you big joy? Text us yours share it?
Speaker 1: Oh four seventy five three one oh four three?
Speaker 3: Perhaps you what's yours?
Speaker 7: Mine is driveway goodbyes, which I think is a dying art. So doesn't matter. Whenever we go up to my parents' place, whether it's a small visit could be just five minutes to drop something off, pick something up, or a long visit on a Sunday afternoon, they will always come out and wave us goodbye. Always always sweet. But it's a dying art. I think it's dying off with the older generation where they would always see you off and it's so beautiful. And I know one day when they're not.
Speaker 1: Around, you'll miss that wave.
Speaker 7: I will miss that so much, really touching, and it's just the simplest thing. And mum, mum will wait until you're down out of sight.
Speaker 1: Until I'm still the same parts, right. The kids, my two daughters now will obviously drive their own cars. I still walk them to their cars, help them with their crap, and we'll wave them off down the road.
Speaker 3: You can go now. And no, no, it's just a thing, you know. It's a generational thing.
Speaker 7: It really is.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: There was never a time when I was growing up if you visited an aunt and uncle or cousins where they didn't come out and wait, wait off.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Now we don't do it anymore, and I think.
Speaker 1: It's a and you know what, if you are the receiver of the wave off, you should give it a.
Speaker 3: Very poli.
Speaker 1: Away pleased to wave. You been raised right, just not the big old but a little like you know, as you're being waved off. If you're the wavy and they're the waivers, and you've got to return it with your going down the road.
Speaker 7: Yeah, only with Mom and Dad though, they're the only ones I do because they're always out the front in the driveway waving song. I think it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: If I came to visit you, would you wave me off? I think I can imagine what kind of wave?
Speaker 7: Thank God, he's gone.
Speaker 1: She's what's she's going.
Speaker 4: They don't do that enough anymore, the old driveway bird.
Speaker 3: The bird by.
Speaker 7: You wouldn't come out where you don't come mind you.
Speaker 1: I was going to get the wave off just to experience that. Real what small thing. But that was a beautiful one, Percy. Thanks for show no Rial, what's yours?
Speaker 4: I had a goodie yesterday. I was the station pulled in behind this guy in front of me. He filled up first, he went in. I came in after he. I caught him nappin.
Speaker 8: He's looking around at for Alan's lollies, the snake.
Speaker 4: He's having a little look at the ice cream right in front of him. I paid before him.
Speaker 8: Oh sorry, brother.
Speaker 1: In this game silky soccer skills, there a little side step, yes, a bit of Erokunda and now intern Pete is part of the advance party. He's up at the Criteria in hotel where we'll be live tomorrow morning. This is the part we've been renovating for the last couple of weeks. And Pete, what small thing big join for you.
Speaker 6: I don't want to use the words the greatest day of my life, but yes, that was actually yesterday.
Speaker 5: When I sliced a big chunk of cheese.
Speaker 6: Now the biggest challenge when you slice the cheese is, oh, how many crackers do I need to take out of the packet to match the ratio of the cheese.
Speaker 3: Now, this ratio has got to be right cracker to You've got to balance it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 5: You've got to get it so right.
Speaker 6: There's no having to go back to the pantry and get more, bring in the whole packet, then having to put the pack it back later, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 5: You've got to get it right.
Speaker 6: I predicted that I would need thirteen ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: I no, that's a lot cheese for an afternoon.
Speaker 6: It was a lot of cheese, and it was a beautiful thirteen crackers, perfectly the right amount of cheese on everything one, none of that, like, oh a little bit on that one, a little bit bigger on that.
Speaker 1: It was just perfect. Now tell me this, In fact, don't tell us team. Let's have a guess what type of cheese you think Pete was calming up? You think a common garden hard cheddar.
Speaker 4: I think he's gone from Mercy Valley cheddar.
Speaker 1: That's fancy. It's Sydney side him, isn't it. You know all those years in a cane jay show. I think he's going for.
Speaker 5: Bre The answer is it was cheer cheese.
Speaker 6: Oh, sorry to disappoint everyone. It was no dafen ware or saying to go from leon in France. It was just typical, very basic.
Speaker 1: Lovely couple of slices of Yarlsburg yesterday, Oh lovely afternoon picked me up, very nice.
Speaker 6: I feel I've disappointed all of you by just eating stand and cheese.
Speaker 3: I thought you would be a bit more fancy.
Speaker 1: I thought you thought you might even be maybe a manchega or gooda man.
Speaker 5: Oh I do love all of them.
Speaker 6: See I used to be a cheesemaker as well, but sometimes it's nice to go.
Speaker 5: Back to basics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: Yes, I learned how to make cheese.
Speaker 1: After all, I thought you were talking about what you did in the Color Jackie Show, awful lot of cheese, sour blue, very blue, very blue. Actually, yes, yes, things got right maker.
Speaker 5: Previous absolutely so.
Speaker 6: After my apprenticeship with the chef, I learned how to make cheese in regional Victoria at Timboon Farmhouse Cheese. The cheese was that good it was taken over by King Island. And then I came of beers, breeze, you name it.
Speaker 3: This is incredible.
Speaker 4: What a life you've led.
Speaker 6: Yes, and I'm only I'm only thirty five. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Now participating before the show were telling us when we're talking about how do you cut the cheese, I like to cut it in a triangle formation and then you dress the plate so it looks quite nice when you're having a little bit of cheese and crackers. But I got the idea it's just using sliced cheese.
Speaker 13: Correct, I just used that. You know cheese like sliced cheese cheese. It's not bogan, it's.
Speaker 11: Cheese.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're using the pre slice stuff, you're in the rappers that you don't that's not a shark coutree kind of board.
Speaker 7: Look not in the rappers.
Speaker 13: This is the one that's you know the square box that you get at will worthsaw Coals and or huge. Yeah, exactly, and it.
Speaker 7: Just comes as a square.
Speaker 13: But I only use that because I have it as a snack daily and I like a controlled amount. How many slices I would have two slices, which is equivalent to probably about if I break it down into six twelve and then I get my thirteen crackers.
Speaker 3: That's the magic number.
Speaker 2: This morning the Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 3: It's Christian O'Connell's show. Do you think it's all right?
Speaker 1: Can you ask you doctor Dan, if it's all right to eat the rind on cheese?
Speaker 8: It's absolutely everything, So he'll say, yes.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 4: Nothing that man won't eat.
Speaker 1: He has iron guts, asking them on behalf of a more mild stomach's pond? Will it destroy me if I hate some of the rind Do you eat the Ryan Pets?
Speaker 7: Always?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always fear it.
Speaker 1: I'm why it's bad for you, But whenever I've had some, it tastes so good.
Speaker 3: It's extra waxy or whatever it is.
Speaker 7: I also eat the skin off oranges, the peel, that's the whole orange app No, no, I have the inside first and then with it's gorgeous. It gives you that beautiful citrus zest at the end bitter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I can't have an agrony without that orange rhino. It's not the same.
Speaker 3: It's very important that of twist of that.
Speaker 4: Once you get to the end of the parmesan and you have the rind, put that in your soup or bolonnaise.
Speaker 8: I learned that tip from Naje.
Speaker 1: What does it do.
Speaker 4: It's just this beautiful, intense parmesan flavor that will go through whatever you're cooking.
Speaker 7: That's great.
Speaker 1: Oh my, when you just love a spag ball right, oh god, yes, when you get up a bit earlier on that your stomach and your body clock. I could just sit down and have a big, heavy pasta meal, right, and then doze the rest of the show. Great radio for the listeners. CHRISTI just is just putting on Stairway to Heaven repeatedly. Stay secreb on him. Small thing, big joint is when I'm baking a cake and I need one hundred and twenty five grams of butter, and I managed to just eyeboard it and slice off exactly one hundred and twenty five grams of butt off the wedge on my first attempt. Known bessing about trying to get a tiny bit more but five grams ten grams. It's uncanny. When you hit that, you do it for great. It's like an Olympic gold medal. Christian small thing, big joy. When you craving a few crackers, open the open the packet, boom, thirteen left, it's the number today show thirteen.
Speaker 3: Christian, small thing, big joy.
Speaker 1: Tickling toddlers, now, Christy, Obviously you need to know the toddler.
Speaker 3: You need to be related to a toddler.
Speaker 1: You can't be going around tickling unknown toddlers. I shouldn't have to say it, but I feel like I should say it through the label. Always always check with a toddle of one, you might have a little chiky TiO Christian. I still tell Patsy, I still wave people off two Patsy. It's such a beautiful thing that should continue. It shows we're all love kindness. Diane, that's lovely. I remember re Yet's ago. Do you see like.
Speaker 3: Families would if they saw a train go by?
Speaker 1: This was in the eighties and obviously trains were it's some excite people where they would just wave at.
Speaker 3: The strangers on the trains.
Speaker 1: Yes, I should check when we were out like walking with the dogs to go by this train track when there was a train come and always get the kids down and we just wave at the stranger.
Speaker 3: I don't even know why.
Speaker 1: And some of them would wave back, Oh that's cute. Yes, I don't think anyone's waving. And now if I saw someone waving at the train, I would think, bless them, they're not well, I would.
Speaker 3: I would sadly think.
Speaker 4: That are people still you know when with a truck, are people still going doing the honks side and then the trucks trucks honk back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never know. If I saw you doing that, I think you really weren't very well. If you're waiting at a train, that's another level.
Speaker 7: But I go, wow, my dad was a truck driver and need always have people do that and need horn back sounds like a great You still see kids, school kids at the side of the road standing with.
Speaker 1: Your chuckle sisters are getting very excited out there.
Speaker 3: What's up, chuckle sisters.
Speaker 13: Yeah, when you're in the back of the bus as a kid, and you were doing.
Speaker 1: One day the best of the day as well, being at that back that back seat, that big long back seat, that's where that's where the action was, and just mooning various tribes as well.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, well yes.
Speaker 1: Check with the toddlers and always moon on the back seat.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, we just spent the weekending cans with my sister. Her house backs on the railway line and we stand it in the backyard and waved at the train passages. They always wave back. I'm glad it's still carrying on.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? This week is our last week, then we're off for two weeks. When we get back.
Speaker 1: First week back, we're gonna have so Mexican they've got the Mexican wave, you know, you get them to do that. We're gonna have bring back the wave once a week. We're going to have a national wave. Just wavet whoever is in front of you. The Australian Wave, Yes, the Australian Wave. It's just a polite wave all together. At like ten past eight on a Friday, just wave wherever you are in Australia. We're doing it in a couple of weeks time. Right now on the show, then we want to talk about So tomorrow's big show. We are live from the pub we've been renovating in the last couple of weeks of Criteria in hotel. Can't wait, Big show, make sure you're joined us tomorrow morning. Also giving away Australia's biggest ever meet Trey Shannon Knowles singing not one, not two, three songs can al Wait.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be fantastic.
Speaker 1: So when you think of the Australian publoke, what is always in an Australian pub, Because wherever you are in Australia, there's something familiar about.
Speaker 3: All of them.
Speaker 1: Even when Rio and I four weeks ago first went up to sort of go and speck out, scout out, do some reconnaissance on this part before we ever said we were going to do the renovation there. When we went up there, we filled out to Brisbane and then it's like an hour and a half into Queensland's a beautiful place called Helden. Now matter we're in a different state, place you've never been to before you set foot in that pub, even though it really didn't need restoration, you're in every pub in Australia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels like home.
Speaker 1: The dining room felt and smelt familiar as well, even though it was empty, you could fill the laughter and stories.
Speaker 3: And just the good times have been had there as well.
Speaker 1: The various bits of the bar, the sports bar, the b Strowey area as well, the pub garden as well is all there.
Speaker 3: So what do you think rio every Australian always.
Speaker 4: Has every Saturday night, it's a live band and it's the same live band that's been there for the last twenty years. And they've got the exact same at least they've been playing for the last twenty years.
Speaker 1: Hey, don't speak about Shannon knows he's our ghost tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Mates have a pot like that? What about him?
Speaker 4: And the most the most modern song they'll play is either Start down.
Speaker 1: Under, which sounds like Gold FM Sex.
Speaker 4: On Fire Kings of Leon's the station. Actually it's perfect. Gold is like an Aussie pub fan, but with much more variety.
Speaker 3: Oh so much.
Speaker 1: Right here, we're in the Great's Milk Bar of music. Ever PASSI what does every Australian pub have.
Speaker 7: Well, there's a couple of things. One is there's always a picture of Farlapp or Don Bradman above the bar, so either a print even a painting if they're really fancy. And there's always someone's corner like John O's corner or Dave's corner.
Speaker 3: You can't, sorry, you can't sit there, even if they're not there.
Speaker 7: If they're passed, it's like they were the patron saint of that pub and that corner was named after them at.
Speaker 4: The Criterion there, but I think his name's was and he he's the resident. He's got his own corner. He's actually it was a big story when he moved from one spot bar to another one.
Speaker 8: He's moved into the corner nook and we were told.
Speaker 4: Very explicitly, do not sit there that Isa's stool.
Speaker 1: Also, what is it about every country pub you go to there's a mangy dog.
Speaker 7: Aflaid just sitting off lead that.
Speaker 1: Drinks really noisily from that bowl you know, which is lapping really noise. You have like a quiet conversation, some of the just slurping. Just to your left. There's always the pub dog, always found. I don't think I've ever been to Australian pub there isn't the old pub dog. And also I get the feeling that they've lived for like hundreds of years. They don't they don't pass away. They're like ghost dogs, the custodians of the land or some of them. I think that's what the on Ghost.
Speaker 2: Dogs Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good Morning to Andy.
Speaker 1: Earlier on we were asking small thing, Big joy some new windscreen wipers.
Speaker 3: Saw the car and they're working a tree and handy. I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: Nothing works when they get screechy. Why did they get screechy? Is that the blades need replacing?
Speaker 4: Maybe the rubbers worn down?
Speaker 7: Did I get blunt?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 7: Did I get blunt?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: I didn't hear.
Speaker 3: I just said this. I was going to send the sending the nurse in.
Speaker 1: We got patched down having a stroke, almost like.
Speaker 7: Bingernails down a blackboard, isn't it when.
Speaker 5: They do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It is? Yeah, all right, So we're talking this morning on the show. By the way, one of you is watching the World Cup right now. We are in the studio as well. Ohdiar Scotland two goals down already, And one of you said, Christian, I didn't know what a great national anthem Scotland has.
Speaker 3: It is a banger actually flower on Scotland. I love the baghat. Yeah, beautiful sound mat and the old what's this? What kind of drumming is that?
Speaker 13: I know?
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 3: What's it called?
Speaker 4: The elbows are out to the side, there are.
Speaker 1: Other sides and it's just that the drum skin is very tight and it gives.
Speaker 3: Up chriss snares in the snare drummers. What is that? I love that sound? That military.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 3: Could listen to this all morning.
Speaker 8: When I was in Edinburgh they did, maybe not or more.
Speaker 4: They play the bagpipes and drum.
Speaker 1: Sea the morning so much. I'd be up there every month three at the comedy festival. You'd have a stinking hangover. Suddenly seven a m. Someone's on the flipping bagpipes for the Yank tourists. Shut up, wait until midday. The murdering a cat. Don't do it.
Speaker 3: It's too early, worse than a leaf blower. But hey, this is.
Speaker 1: What we should have had for the big live pub show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Some call.
Speaker 7: A local pipe a.
Speaker 1: Local pipe band, pip tracing, Garry and Win the old you know what they do the marching, and they do it.
Speaker 3: On the snares.
Speaker 4: Brie of regalness.
Speaker 3: There's a real Heladen.
Speaker 1: If there's anyone listening in Queensland who is in a marching band, can you pick up that little trump.
Speaker 3: March it all the way to Helendon? All right where?
Speaker 1: Well we owe you what's in every single Australian bagpipes Christian and good Aussie pump always has the big roaring open fireplace. Yes Friday night, meetre raffle. Well, I'm shining Christian. Every Aussie pup is bligatory dance or Paul Champion trophy. But it's never from the last decade.
Speaker 3: It's the law.
Speaker 1: It's the law. It's about twenty, it's nineties. If it's relevant, that's a great one.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for that.
Speaker 1: Also, they're never just called the toilets alternative names. It's never the ladies and gents. It's always like sheahs and blokes, birds and lats. Every pub always has a local in high viz, even if they don't work.
Speaker 3: But we were that guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he was doing, not working.
Speaker 4: He's sitting by himself.
Speaker 1: Sitting by himself. High vis shausers on the line. No it she is actually shattered shauzzer.
Speaker 4: Good morning, good morning, Christian, love you guys.
Speaker 1: In the morning. Thank you very much, Shauser, welcome to the show now, Shauzow. What does heavy every Aussie pub always have.
Speaker 4: Every Assie pub seems to have that memorabilia of street signs or number plates up on the wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, old stubby hole just as well.
Speaker 1: It's the kind of like a museum, isn't it It is, Shouzer.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, a corner mate. Have a good day, Youtobe.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show on podcast Christian.
Speaker 1: Every single Australian pub always has some old regular in that it goes, oh, I haven't seen you since you were this big and points down to their knees.
Speaker 3: Christian.
Speaker 1: Every pub also has some type of beer promotion giving away merch. This will be us to my with our four x their actual good times merch is actually I actually stolen. Want to put it in my bag. The stubby holder is actually really nice, it's awesome.
Speaker 4: And the T shirt beautiful heavyweight t shirts lovely Christian.
Speaker 1: I've got good news for you. I know first time experience to Womba has a pipe band. Can we pull this off and get the pipe band there in the pub tomorrow? Under twenty four pizza up there right now with literally nothing to do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, right, yeah, sorry, I wasn't sorry.
Speaker 1: I was last there on holiday and now he's back up there. Are you sure he assured me was going up there to get everything ready. The only thing I need on my rider is a local pipe band. Oh easy to pipe us in tomorrow morning at six am.
Speaker 4: What the locals will love that?
Speaker 1: What do you mean the locals are going to be there?
Speaker 4: That's true, that's true.
Speaker 3: We're in the middle of nowhere. The nearest house is about fifty k away.
Speaker 6: Everyone is ready, guys. Honestly the town is, but the build up it's like less than twenty four hours to go. Everyone is really really read the biggest party or celebration ever to hit hell.
Speaker 1: Of it, which I actually think we've got stiff competition. They were actually getting teary eyed when they talked about that car park rodeo last October. No, no, no, We've we've got a lot to even get near to a car park rodeo.
Speaker 4: Pete, can you get us thirty bulls piping pipe?
Speaker 5: If you dream it, you can do it, all right.
Speaker 1: That's that's what apparently to Woomba has a pipe band to.
Speaker 5: Womba has a pipe band.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is great, So I'm going to duck into the swarmba in the next twenty minutes or so. Speaking of animals, bulls as well, We've got a special public announcement that has gone out on the Criterion Hotel Facebook as well. Guys, just listen to this warning for all locals. Because of the size of the crowds tomorrow at the opening between six am and ten am, we asked that no dogs, cats, or birds be brought along to the events.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Who brings a bird to a local pub?
Speaker 3: I bring the birds? What have you got the birds?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Maybe? Yes?
Speaker 1: Bring the birds? Kill joyces wonk. That's gone mad If you can't bring a bird to a nassy pub. What's happened to this country? By the way, what was fired up behind you?
Speaker 5: Oh? Sorry, there's a sewerage truck tar taking out the sewage.
Speaker 3: At the front of me.
Speaker 5: I'm in the foreex dodge.
Speaker 6: I went to a nice quiet spot, but then this guy just pulls up in the truck and he's.
Speaker 1: Like a.
Speaker 3: Big sword street cleaner.
Speaker 1: Square on this show, your old show, Kane Jamer not here on the right side of the dials.
Speaker 3: What's how old was that door?
Speaker 1: It's you're closing the eighteen hundred steads?
Speaker 5: You know what actually is? Let me just I haven't shut up properly?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 5: Oh no, now I've locked myself in.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, Pete. Sorry about Pete's language. She's new to the show.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I'm actually locked in the car here to sweep through.
Speaker 3: How are you going to get that pipe?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 3: Now? All right, let's just turn him off?
Speaker 1: Actually, actually it waits for flights?
Speaker 3: Did we learn nothing from last week?
Speaker 1: All we've got to show for it is a color pictures of him grinning and eating berries bacon rolls. Now, shut out? What why Carl hasn't hired and rehired people anyway? Now we know why? Alrighty today, I'm waster. Make a band Australian Up for grabs is a fuel voucher. Make a band Australian. New kidman's on the block. Gold If you know you know? Yeah, no, no, no, no, I'm just setting up this one about the If you know the Mangol name in Neighbors Dynasty, you know.
Speaker 3: Ugly kid Joe Mangle, Wow, Silpus, Barbie Streisan.
Speaker 1: Gold what about Adelaide, Silva and w A You don't worry. I've got a place for you as well, Perth, Wind and Fire. It's very good out Backstreet Boys Silver all right ya, what have you got there?
Speaker 3: Make a band Australian.
Speaker 8: Shouey Lewis and the Booze.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's very good, Gold Plus.
Speaker 8: Gwen Stefani's made a nassy band.
Speaker 4: No worries.
Speaker 3: Now did he give you that one?
Speaker 4: Did you know Ricky Martin has an Australian granddad. No, it's cracky Martin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Bob Dylan's down at the footy, Yeah, call him flogged Dylan.
Speaker 3: You now that's bad. All right, that's good, that's cold.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Now, I know that you haven't been able to move on with your mornings because you don't yet know and I don't yet know whether it's okay to eat the rind on cheese. But luckily we have access to the official show doctor for the Christian O'Connell Show. That's Rio's old man Iron guts himself.
Speaker 3: What is I say? What does Le say?
Speaker 8: Doctor Lee says, can do unless it's plastic.
Speaker 4: Don't eat plastic.
Speaker 5: I'm eating the.
Speaker 3: Actual wrapper like that? Can you one give them on?
Speaker 1: Behalf of a work colleague about people that eat the actual peel of the orange extra roughiage.
Speaker 4: I think you'll find I think it's I guess it will be safe but not tasty.
Speaker 7: Oh, very taste in it.
Speaker 3: Someone thinks it's actually good for lowering cholesterol.
Speaker 1: Pass. Oh well, eat one, eat on, I insist my lords eat on. All right, make a band Australia. By the ways, do we need to check on peas he trapped in that car now?
Speaker 4: He's still trapped in the car. That wasn't a jerk, He's genuinely trapped.
Speaker 6: I'm still here looking for This is a staff call out for anyone at the Criterion Hotel.
Speaker 5: Still in the car, still in the dodge?
Speaker 1: Did we think that they did a bit?
Speaker 3: Look him in there? Just listen and quiet, will let you out when we finished tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Mate, all right, make a band to Australian Bogan Jovi.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, wrong?
Speaker 1: Start the mangles silver they vegamin t be Giants Silver, counting Russell Crows that is genius.
Speaker 3: Brad Worlder, Savage Beer Garden silver.
Speaker 1: Plus, Southern Criss Cross Oh Gold, Teddy Swims between the flags.
Speaker 3: So that's that's one of the that's one of the ones that.
Speaker 1: Yes, Teddy swims between the flags. Adam World Answer, Barry Eilish match Box four and twenty Silver plus Ned Kelly Fotado Goldflas.
Speaker 4: This is a very good We've got to do a.
Speaker 3: Part two tomorrow's loaves coming in. Who is that from?
Speaker 1: Ned Kelly Fotado? Is you Karen Fisher? Well done, Motley Cruiser. That's good silver, that's good Rob System of a down Under Silver, zz Bread Top to the Chinese.
Speaker 3: Silver.
Speaker 1: That's the gold I reckon Libby Shimmy right, said Fred Gold. I love that Stewart kid Kroc Gold, the Hilltop hoists cold.
Speaker 3: All right, who is the winner?
Speaker 4: Well they were amazing, but Teddy swims between the flag.
Speaker 3: Joshua, You're the winner.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about tomorrow's show. It is the big live show show on the road.
Speaker 3: No sleep till to Woomba for me and the dream team and Pete.
Speaker 1: Let's go to our location for tomorrow where Intern Pete, who again was flowing up at great expense to go and give us some color pieces, is currently trapped inside a vehicle outside of the pub.
Speaker 6: Yes, a nineteen fifty six dodge with four X on the side.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful little dodge that, by the way. So when we were up there, it's stunning that than.
Speaker 5: It's so great. Actually, it's even greater when you can open the doorstough.
Speaker 6: Legitimately, both doors I can't open, and no one's taking my text messages or calls inside the pub. It's thirteen degrees outside and about thirty three inside here at the moment, I am absolutely sweet.
Speaker 1: You cannot leave dogs in hot cars or intern peete you legic.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I can see the guys from a distance who are cleaning up the sewerage down the road, which was just so loud, but no one is paying any attention whatsoever.
Speaker 5: But doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I'm actually getting stressed out now that you're trapped in there. It was so dangerous.
Speaker 8: Crack a window.
Speaker 1: We've got just kid, this is this is Gary's love and joy, young kicker window.
Speaker 6: I can't smash the window. This is a vintage like this is their prized possession here at the Criteria Hotel. So lots of things happening tomorrow, guys, obviously.
Speaker 3: Break it down for us.
Speaker 1: Break it down for us in tern Pete, this is your chance to redeem yourself after your potty language ten minutes ago. Pete, by the way, sent me a creepy, cruelly apology.
Speaker 5: Yeah I did, ye ye Ben's private message.
Speaker 1: So handy apologies for swearing ten things went at once, smashed my hand in.
Speaker 3: The Nora, etcetera.
Speaker 1: But will we supercautious moving on them?
Speaker 4: Very professional?
Speaker 1: All right, so break it down for us tomorrow morning the show goes live at six from the Criteria in Hotel. What are some of the big highlights to excite the listener right now, Pete, the big highlights.
Speaker 6: No matter where you are in Australia, you could probably make it in time to Halden that's right in Queensland.
Speaker 5: Wherever you are right and if you are in.
Speaker 6: The area of Halendin and surrounds, be here before six am when the doors will officially open with the Christian O'Connell Show live from a pub.
Speaker 5: We've been saving pubs for the last month or so.
Speaker 6: This is going to be a huge spectacular performances by shannonol brass Bands, extended red carpets, egg and spoon ray scissors that cost over six hundred dollars and really they're just a bunch of garden shears to.
Speaker 3: Be six year count of dollars.
Speaker 5: You order them from the US. And I realized when they rocked down.
Speaker 3: Here in time.
Speaker 5: Now they're here, they've with you already.
Speaker 3: It's all good.
Speaker 5: We're sorted with that as well.
Speaker 4: There'll be the officially, we don't have that kind of money. Seriously, we're not on anymore. We don't have.
Speaker 5: Wasn't meant to say that those.
Speaker 1: Have be going back tomorrow at nine am. Yes, receipt, make sure you got the swing tag on them.
Speaker 3: Good father.
Speaker 6: It is going to be one of the most incredible mornings as we see.
Speaker 5: And guess what.
Speaker 6: He's going to be doing a tribute to Darryl Braithwaite, who retired from music, performing horses live on stage here, which is just.
Speaker 3: Awesome, brilliant stuff. I cannot wait, Pete. We'll see you there later on tonight, beautiful.
Speaker 6: And once again, if anyone's listening, please if they could come outside and get out of here literally anyway, seeing tomorrow, guys can't wait, all right.
Speaker 1: We will tune into my morning. It's going a very very very special show tomorrow. We're obviously very excited about it. Also, you can win us his biggest ever meet Troy. The real reason isn't all the great stuff we've got lined up tomorrow show. It's to hear Tracy and Gary at the heart of this at the heart of this community, in this lovely place called headed And is a pub that almost got shut down two years ago by Tracy and Gary who brought this place online. I thought, this ancient old pub, we can shut this down and make it into a family home place that the grandkids can play around. They move into it and then there's no way we can do this. This is the heart of the community and this is what the pubs mean to us. They're not just buildings, they are the hearts. It's the front rooms of Australia are these country pubs. So tune in to hear their story and the joy you're going to hear tomorrow as we hand them back their pub that we've been kind of renovating and restoring over the last couple of weeks. It's going to be a very special show. Cannot wait to head up there. We see you tomorrow morning at.
Speaker 2: Six Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 4: It's a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication.
Speaker 3: We discount of prescriptions in every store, every day,