Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily Podcast.
Speaker 2: A Beauty, the Truity Pie, Fortuity Pies. I love pet names. I feel like there needs to be a wider range of them, though. I was thinking about how you observed me using bro language. Yep, we're just subverting norms because I want to start calling you know, everybody girly. Everybody says boy boss, boy boss. I love boy boss. Just like that to me is inclusive language. I agree, you know, because there's something about code switching in anticipation that someone's not going to understand or not going to be able to resonate with you in all forms of your language, not just like, oh what I'm being like local nap, you get it all.
Speaker 3: If you don't understand, let me teach you today.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're talking about dimensional, the personality assessment app. Now I need to clarify dimensional itself didn't make personality assessment. It's algamating or amount you mating, sorry, a bunch of popular personality assessments, the DISK assessment, the Meyers Briggs assessment, and then potting it in you know, a simple easy place you can access it like coaster, you know what I mean? Didn't make up birth charge you just like put it in a place where you can access.
Speaker 3: Yours esthetically pleasing, esthetically pleasing.
Speaker 2: So we pose the question, if you don't resonate with your self assessment, what does that actually mean?
Speaker 3: Dot dot dot dot dot to be seen, to be seen.
Speaker 2: But we will unpack through me going some roast has occurred a mid twenty What do you call a.
Speaker 3: Mid twenties crisis?
Speaker 4: I call a life crisis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe that's what you're going through.
Speaker 4: Who knows? Who cares some thing about personality tests? Want to live my life. I don't want to think about it too much.
Speaker 3: Oh actually thinks about it every day. It's flaking currently I'm texting you.
Speaker 4: I'm texting you freaking out clicks. I just like I just don't know what to do. Anyway, let's get to.
Speaker 1: It, fleck Ands.
Speaker 2: If you are tuning in right now to flex and through, I want you to take this moment to do some casual introspection. You might be driving, you know, might be having some quiet time, but no better time than the present to ask yourself if you are addicted to TikTok for me?
Speaker 3: Yes or no?
Speaker 4: No? Really definitely older all addicted. It's a shame I go in there about once a week, oh whoa for a marathon session, and I got one there being like I'm here to collect videos to post on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a very casual relationship. It's a very situationship. So whether or not you have the ability to figure it out for yourself fee or not because I actually have a video to share for you, that's going to decide once and for all.
Speaker 3: If you can claim to be addicted to TikTok.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa.
Speaker 5: This is the parameters for if you're addicted to TikTok okay fine, a strong internal drive to use TikTok coupled with an impaired ability to control your use of TikTok. Sure, at least when I go on Instagram, I'm like, oh, wops, I forgot. This is boring and I close. And when I go on TikTok, I'm just like, two increase priority given to using TikTok than other activities. And I'm like, yeah, like when I was standing at a coffee shop alone in the past, i'd maybe next a friend put on a podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I go on TikTok on like.
Speaker 5: Many little breeds in my day same number three persistence of TikTok despite thinking it as harm or adverse consequences on your life. Yes, like sometimes I throw my phone because I we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, sorry, we're to TikTok.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I think now we have to figure That's why we're doing this episode, because I'm like, I think we all think, well, okay, you.
Speaker 2: Might be wondering, who are these people to create these parameters? Well, the ASAPS science one point one million followers. They're both scientists. They do stuff all day, you know, But I thought they were just two podcasts pros.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no no. They're kind of like us, but accredited. That's credible. Say by that criteria, I'm definitely addicted.
Speaker 2: But I'm not uncomfortable with that at all, not even in the slightest.
Speaker 4: So what's your day to day TikTok yous look like every casual moment? Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, let's think about it. Let's say today. You know, I've the only time I've used TikTok is right now to show you that video. And so when I go home, I might use TikTok when I'm waiting for my dinner to come and then maybe.
Speaker 3: Before bed that'd be a casual light day.
Speaker 2: If I am like working at the computer, I have a bunch of screens open, I have my laptop which connected to an external screen or like another monitor. Then I probably have like a potty in the background, casually scrolled TikTok. It's all like, you know, the ecosystem's go and it's rolling.
Speaker 4: This is very interesting flex. I'm surprised that you can have creative ideas when you're plugging your brain in with so much stuff all the time. I was going through a period where I was super addicted to my phone about two weeks ago. I had motivation levels. I was coming out of a flu, so I just had no motivation to do anything. So therefore I just got on my phone for a cheap thrill. And I realized, oh my god, this is why I don't have any creative ideas. It's because whenever I have time to think, like I don't give my brain any time to sit and think. Instead, you know, before bed, I'm going on TikTok until I literally my eyes are going square and I fall asleep. Whereas I tried not going on it for a few days and I'm having all these creative breakthroughs at nighttime, waking up, put it in my phone, go back to sleep, wake up, put it in my phone, which I wouldn't have had if I was on TikTok the whole time.
Speaker 3: Gorgeous. I can't relate, but thank you for sharing.
Speaker 2: I love it. I guess it's also my page. Like my TikTok page is full of like philosophies, psychology, le la la la.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this is information I.
Speaker 4: Knew, yeah, whereas mine is like the humor that I find funny on TikTok isn't skits. It's like random random people like getting you know, falling over.
Speaker 3: Or getting hurt. What you're gonna say, Dama, you know you're sick.
Speaker 4: So that's like one in a million.
Speaker 1: Flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: Let us pose the question, if you do not believe in self assessed personality test, does that mean you are not self aware?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 3: Rooms, please go.
Speaker 4: I think the opposite. I think if you are interested and if you are reliant on personality tests, it means you're not self aware.
Speaker 3: It's not the question.
Speaker 4: What was the question?
Speaker 2: If you don't believe in self assessment? Like here's my thing. When people do a personality test and they say, and I don't believe what's coming up. It's like you put in these answers. If I had gone to you and said, hey, for me, I'm going to assess you. I'm going to ask you these questions and you're not going to answer them. I'm going to determine how you should answer based on how I see you. If I gave you those results and you said, oh, that's not right, like, okay, well maybe I'm not seeing you well. But if you're doing the test and you're in put in your answers and you don't resonate with them, then you're not doing it properly.
Speaker 3: Therefore, to you, you shouldn't believe in.
Speaker 4: Well that they're all leading questions. They all have an agenda exactly.
Speaker 2: However, if you purposely don't answer them correctly, then you won't get the right answer. Example, we talked about it just earlier. Frumy and I are sitting in the cater office and I want to free me to do this dimensional personality test. It's an app, by the way, not on Android, sorry sorry, just on iOS. And I find that it's not it can be not a very enjoyable process if it's not your thing. So I thought I would read out the questions to through me and then she would tell me what her answer is.
Speaker 3: A ID in put it in the app.
Speaker 2: You know, teamwork, teams and so the thing about when you are in the room with someone self assessing is you can't challenge their self assessment. That's not sexy, That's not what a friend would do. However, there were multiple questions we're through me life, and I didn't say lie, she lid, Okay, what did I Example number one, there's a question that says I always put my things.
Speaker 3: Back in the place where they belong from me.
Speaker 2: Have the option to check strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree, strongly disagree.
Speaker 3: Fumi says strongly agree, No.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 3: My right eye looks up at her, my left eye looks at the phone. So let's continue.
Speaker 2: The question says I'm overly concerned with not making a mess and keeping my space tidy.
Speaker 3: Fumy says strongly agree.
Speaker 2: Now, if you were an avid listener of the show, you would hear plenty of time US reference through me side table of doom. It has been cleaned by someone who is not through me. But at any even point, you'll find a hair brushed straight hairs, crumbs, the crumbs, crumbs food from three hours ago, et cetera.
Speaker 4: There's actually over on my desk outside, like a small dish of milk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, serealize what reason?
Speaker 4: Because I don't want to put it away. I'll put it away later.
Speaker 3: The test says.
Speaker 2: The test says, I'm often careful about where I put my things, and all of my things have a place. Smy says strongly agree. If we know anything about Fremy, at least once a week there'll be a text in the group chat.
Speaker 3: Has anybody seen my rings? Does anybody see my dress?
Speaker 2: Has anybody seen my things? So I'm here thinking, okay, at this point, I got to cut in.
Speaker 3: I gotta let her know that something's gonna ry. Frimy says, well, no, like I'm answering like, not what.
Speaker 2: I'm doing now, but like what I used to be like is I used to be really clean and I used to be really.
Speaker 3: Particular about where my things are. So that's what I'm answering for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, damn, but you don't understand the mental gymnastics of turning into a completely different person. I don't have a spiritual awakening. If you can't, like you could never understand what it's like.
Speaker 3: I can. You need to explain it.
Speaker 4: I've literally gone from this person to this person. I used to be the cleanest.
Speaker 3: Person, used to give us a window of time, oh a year and a half ago. Okay, So so pre flexing rooms.
Speaker 4: Preflexing frooms from birth till then clean freak, every single item of clothing, color coded, everything's folded.
Speaker 3: Do we at least have some images of this time?
Speaker 4: Because yeah, I can find them.
Speaker 2: Let's get some images and some proof in because for now we have about nine months of version two through me. Okay, and from what we've seen clean Free, it's just not touching the sides for us. But it's not touching the sides. But what I want to talk about more in particular, is why, when answering a personality test for you now, are you referencing a person that does not exist?
Speaker 3: We don't even know.
Speaker 2: For me, you said, I don't know what it's like to be a completely different person. Done a one eighty yes correct. Please explain that to us, because I do not know. I make small incremental changes and I usually like verbalize them and let people know I'm a reforming pickie eater. But like that's not one eighty, that's just a subtle or something.
Speaker 3: Well, this is like here is it's like BC a day.
Speaker 4: What's the different way you can do That's that works?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah before rights for me thinks she's a second coming of God.
Speaker 4: The manic complex is coming out, okay, prior to let's say, before cater neat free. Yeah, BC literally, and then AD is after it's all good, yeah.
Speaker 3: After dimensional.
Speaker 4: Before after that's good as super clean, cook every meal always ten minutes, early, makeup, fastidious clothes, clean, washing my bed sheets every.
Speaker 3: Week, like just optimal.
Speaker 4: Snatched in terms of you know what's it called habits habits? The habits were snatched. Then I have a mental breakdown. Yeah, was it really a MENTI bait? I'm not sure. I actually think I just grew out of it naturally.
Speaker 3: Call it what you want.
Speaker 4: But whatever it was was a massive life change, because imagine your whole life you're a pickieter. I'm sure it didn't just come over me. It's funny because I'm in the total opposite period now, so it feels like it just came over me. In reality, it was a one year shift. Start by sleeping in a bit more, not going to the gym a bit more, going out with friends a bit more. It started November twenty twenty, so it's almost.
Speaker 3: Been COVID lockdown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when we were coming out of lockdown, got into my party earlier twenty five years old, started like reliving some going out till three am. It's crazy. So what I'm trying to say is part of me is still stuck as the old person, and in terms of my thought processes in that you kind of sometimes you mourn that period because it's very I did a lot of things that were considered holier than now, whereas now I behave like a normal person who doesn't have uh not idiosyncrasies neuroses. I'm far less neurotic.
Speaker 3: This is far less.
Speaker 4: I'm foulstic about my personal space and like about getting places on time. I just live a more relaxed lifestyle. I'm a better person to be around.
Speaker 2: So will you do dimensional again? Well as current froom?
Speaker 4: All right, let me quickly tell you what I've got on the dimensional. I've done all the bits, but it's it's like it's not for me.
Speaker 2: It's like me doing the dimensional test, and the test is like I don't say what I think, and I'm like strongly agree, strongly agree, And the test is like I'm really concerned about out oh you know the question that was like I give up my comforts for others. I might strongly agree. I would be twitching looking at me, like what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: You see see.
Speaker 3: It's like on the other end of the spectrum.
Speaker 2: So how can we look at these results and be like, yeah, yeah, they resonate.
Speaker 4: Well when you went away, I did some of the other ones, and that makes sense here all right, here's this your most annoying habits number one? And these are so specific. I love the language and dimensional whoever's like done the reactional language is very it's not very like yass queen, but it's not very clinical. It's like quite a nice mix. Your most annoying habits Number one, crying of the movies. Done it once when I watch everything everywhere all at once.
Speaker 3: I really got you, didn't it?
Speaker 2: That fucked me in the ass? Yeah, wow, okay, because I enjoyed it in a very like this is abstract and funny.
Speaker 4: Ha ha ha ha.
Speaker 2: And then I saw TikTok and everyone's posting their reactions to stepping out of the cinema, ballingalling.
Speaker 3: I said, what did I miss?
Speaker 4: It was a bit with the mother and the daughter, and like the daughter's running away, the mother's trying to find No.
Speaker 3: I don't have a strain of relationship with my mum, So maybe that's why.
Speaker 4: Why it's just poignant poignant? Two being a smart ass, three winking to yourself, four sneaking to the front of the line, and five being a workaholic. And I'll just give you one more.
Speaker 3: Give us a couple more, all right?
Speaker 4: You? Oh, you hate talking about number one, sob stories, there's a bit of that. There's a few substories coming around. You hate talking about your art rival? Do I have an art rival?
Speaker 2: I don't think you have a mutual one, but I think there are people that you, yeah.
Speaker 4: That I hate number three, the deeper meaning behind a work of art. That's see. Some of these are just not true, which, yeah, I guess I mustn't have I mustn't have done this correctly.
Speaker 3: Well it's not correctly. You were just dishonest, babe.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I got a final one. This is why I believe dimensional for a second, you want a partner who number one will give you a massage? Yeah, number two Chelsea, you're hot. Cinema just the two things.
Speaker 3: And rotation.
Speaker 4: So with your dimensional does it ring true?
Speaker 3: Yeah for the most part. But I feel like.
Speaker 2: I didn't like the bits where they're like they're interpreting it like that way, because I if when we're seeking at information, I want more information, not the like the real suctin suscinct version.
Speaker 3: I want give me like the thing and I'll go google it.
Speaker 4: Something you want more theoretic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to understand, like where you're getting this information from. What did I say that gave you this inclination, etcetera, etcetera. But I really like self assessment for this reason because I think that we spend a lot of time thinking about ourselves through the perspective of others.
Speaker 3: Instead of in relation to others.
Speaker 2: So when we're answering these questions, is like this invisible spectator, who's like, answer it the right way, answer it properly, answer it in the way that will present you as like this kind of person, as opposed to being like no, let's just lay it out for a second. There, you know, I remember somebody sent us a DM and they're like, Okay, I love how real you and through me are. And I was like, in which way I want to know what you're considering.
Speaker 3: To be real.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, when you talk about money, and I was like, that's the thing you think is real of all the things we talk about, Like yeah, just seeing like two young girls talk about wanting to get their bag up, I was like, nice, cool, that should be what dimensional is.
Speaker 3: Exposing yourself to the world anyway, please do it again when you're ready, I'll do.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'll try again. To be honest. So my finest thing is sake. We got to wrap it up, Brooks. She's been wrapping up.
Speaker 2: Yah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna do this in twenty five words or less. I am currently over enthusing my relaxation. The answers you think are fake is still me. I'm just seeing an overextended period. Yeah, the ones are get together. Yeah, yeah, we get it.
Speaker 2: This is flex and fruit on Cada wake up Flexes being controversial on the internet again. And to be honest for a second now that I lost it because there was a point in time where every day.
Speaker 3: I was just lighting fires for fun.
Speaker 4: It's a thankless time just.
Speaker 2: Being out of pocket to see what sticks. But it got a bit tiring because being in like an incidental villain boring. If I'm going to hurt feelings, I wanted to really count in this instance.
Speaker 3: Though I made.
Speaker 2: A flippant flyaway comment that I Slex of Sydney brush my teeth in the shower. It had not occurred to me that people don't do that, you know, to be fair, I know Americans in movies brush their teeth at the sink, but honestly, I thought that was just acting. I thought the logistics were too hard to put the.
Speaker 3: Tooth brush in the shower.
Speaker 2: Come to find out, of like eight thousand people who responded in this poll, forty percent of people brush their teeth at.
Speaker 4: The sink or only at the sink. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't think of anything more impractical, so can I.
Speaker 2: Let's start with the basics, right, The reason why you brush your teeth in the shower, Number one is for efficiency and comfort. You're already wet, you can get a good scrub, teeth, tongue, everything it's flowing off you. You can easily repump, and your whole body is participating.
Speaker 3: It's enjoyment.
Speaker 2: Brushing my teeth at the sink. On the odd occasion where I've done it, it's been messy. Why have we got toothpaste, SuDS and residue down my forearm to my elbow?
Speaker 3: Disgusting.
Speaker 2: I can't brush my teeth in peace because you know, when you I don't know if you're a tongue.
Speaker 3: Brusher or a scraper.
Speaker 2: Which one brusher? Okay, I'm a scraper and I it's scraping is much better. Let me let me explain it to you. Imagine a U shaped metal apparatus.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've got one. I don't use it, though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe get into that. No, maybe get into that.
Speaker 4: Because you got the crumbly, you got the like mountainous bit at the very back of your tongue, and then the scrape so of that it feels like I'm hurting it.
Speaker 3: I don't have that, okay.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So the thing about scraping your tongue at the sink is when you get that gunk, you have to see it.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see what's in my mouth.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see what comes out after I finish scrubbing. I want to brush, brush, brush and just have the SuDS mix in with the water and be down my drain before I know what's happened.
Speaker 3: You know what's also gross?
Speaker 2: I can tell when I'm walking into someone's bathroom and they brush at the sink.
Speaker 3: Why because it's filthy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's filthy.
Speaker 3: It's disgusting.
Speaker 2: You got stuff all over your mirrors, stuff all over the basin. Your toothpaste is grubby like, it's not sexy.
Speaker 4: Okay, ridle me this.
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 4: You brush your teeth in the shower? Great? Do you leave the brush and the toothpaste in the shower.
Speaker 2: I fully have the whole caddy for it. You know, you got the little resin cup. I've got my two different toothpastes. I've got my whitening one and my one just like you know, breath freshening. Then I've got my tongue scraper. Then I've got my mouth wash.
Speaker 4: It's all there in the shower, in the shower. See, I'm a shower brusher through and through. I love the comfort of the warm shower. I usually do the rushing while the purple shampoos in my hair because that needs a few minutes to set.
Speaker 3: Amazing. How are daily?
Speaker 4: Nah, every every week.
Speaker 3: So you brush your teeth how often?
Speaker 4: No, you thought we didn't clock that, You thought we didn't walk anyway, Say I brush my teeth twice a day.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's some nice three liar.
Speaker 4: I do do this. No, But something that I will die on the hill of is I don't leave my toothbrush on the tooth face in the shower because I live in a sharehouse and I don't like the idea of someone doing a hot piss and a piss seem going infecting my toothbrush. This is how I do it, toothbrush in a draw used only by me, with all my other.
Speaker 3: Things in the drawer. It's wet. You don't heard about mildew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's gonna be more mildew in the shower.
Speaker 1: Well why looks set?
Speaker 3: Okay? Okay, sharing toothbrushes, yes or no?
Speaker 4: Stop it? You know what I will do? You know what I will do? Okay, to be fair, I don't have that many sleepovers in my house, but when I do, obviously you got the spare tooth when you get near it.
Speaker 3: Oh, you have one wady friend to go.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: I was like, you have the rotating toothbrushing for guests I do, Are you joking.
Speaker 4: Brotherhood of the Traveling Brush? No, you want to brush your teeth, I'm not gonna let you use mine. I've got the spare one for guests.
Speaker 3: So we were joking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got two tooth brushes, my one, and then on the high shelf it's the one for guests. So I've a random sleepover guest. I say, yeah, there's a spare truthbrush.
Speaker 3: You're so freaky.
Speaker 4: No one else do that.
Speaker 1: And scene This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 4: We posted a video a few weeks ago about a nipple piercing story. So I went to a a few weeks ago my friend's birth Fay met a girl that I know, and she was telling me a story about nipple piercings. How did we get onto this topic, I can't tell you, I don't matter. But she told me a story about how a woman allegedly had a nipple piercing, took it out for maybe a routine clean little black hair was poking out. I can't, I can barely. Even my mouth is salibating telling the story. It's so gross, goes to pluck the boob hair out. Turns out it's a nerve poking out of her boob. She falls to the ground, shits, vomits, and experiences some of the worst pain of her whole life. Posted this on TikTok and the socials I reckon we got about a million views all up, blew up across all platform.
Speaker 2: Naturally, we traumatize a fair few people. And when I say we, I mean through me. I was but a bystander. You reshare reshared.
Speaker 4: So we share this song and in the chat we really no one could work out is this truth? This is not true. Some people are saying I've heard the story again, it's an old wives tale.
Speaker 2: I think too many people had said they had heard a similar story, So I'm thinking, do has everybody met this one girl? But then I had someone say, oh, I'm from Ireland and I've definitely heard this story as well. So it's making the rounds internationally, intercontinentally, and the only thing we can do is find the girl.
Speaker 4: Well, this is the thing. Though, it got ramped up a notch when I saw doctor Anthony Yune commented, if you're a big on TikTok, your see it's this guy that talks about plastic surgery, Like, who's got it in Hollywood talks about what he would do for certain people and does general myth busting. Yes, and he commented someone said fact or cap and tagged him and he said cap. So technically I would love to have him on the show. I've gone and done another little check online. I went to bodycandy dot com dodate you. It's a website about piercing. Dear Ali, your modifiated lifestyle advice. It's a chick with heaps of tattoos and heaps of piercings. Someone says, I heard this story. Literally, it's exactly what we've heard, but it's tendon and she says, this is a myth. I've done the research. It was a viral story. Other people say it was a tendon, a nerve, a milk duck, a scar tissue that came out as the thread stinking out of the pierce nipple. But it's unlikely that it was a nerve due to the anatomical structure of your nipple. More than likely a string that appears would just be a tiny strip of scar tissue left over from the complications of breastfeeding. So whatever it is, however you cut it, it's disgusting.
Speaker 2: I would like to mythbust this though, because think of all the people who are getting their fifteen minutes of fame from a fake cloud story. I just want to get it so when everybody retells the story, they circle back to us.
Speaker 3: No flex and rims debunk.
Speaker 4: To that one hundred percent. I'm there for that.
Speaker 2: So get your contact out, find the girl you spoke to at the party, get her to put us in touch with the actual girl, and let's get to the bottom of it. Bring us this random girl it happened to because everybody knows her. But why has she not revealed herself. I could talk about someone so casually shared, no identifying factors, and they will reveal themselves to me.
Speaker 3: Oh that's me, you're talking about me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this girl, we've gone viral on how many different platforms, and she's not come out to claim her story.
Speaker 4: I know well, my friend said to me, because we got onto the Daily Mail Natural about this and they made it look as though you're the one who had the difference.
Speaker 3: And it was not my nipple. My nipples are not piersed.
Speaker 4: But the pick that you used was iconic, a great picture. Thank you, And I said to my friend, thanks for sending us this is our most successful segment and she gad, she goes, haha, oh my good god. I really want to find the nipple owner to reveal herself exactly. So we're working on We're on the case.
Speaker 3: Need a chain of command.
Speaker 1: You're listening to flex and Frooms on Kita Flexy Mummy.
Speaker 4: Yes, sweetheart, I was at a party on Saturday night.
Speaker 3: You've been out these days.
Speaker 4: I've been going to shows.
Speaker 2: I'm in my I'm just extremely outside springs what we're calling it.
Speaker 4: Extremely outside. Yeah, I feel like we're both going through that period.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 2: It's so beautiful. It should be extremely outside summer. But you do have to gear up into it, gear up into it because my thing is you need to know what outfits are going to last, what hairstyles are going to last, what people can really hang you know what I mean. We've been out of practice for a couple of years now. People aren't the same, they're not. And also we need to get back on those door lists, back on the lists. We been out of the game for too long. They're forgetting, they're forgetting.
Speaker 3: I know, I can't pay.
Speaker 4: I've been paying. I've been paying my way. Also, support musicians babes. Now, I was at this party on Saturday night and I was there. I'm single and it was a fortieth birthday party, so a lot of people there were married. I wasn't looking to tune, honestly. I just went. I drove. I was not going to drink. I was just so tune. Oh no I would, but you know, like I wasn't in the tuning mood. I was like, I'm doing this and then I'm going home mood. Anyway, get there. It's a fully catered event. Hot, this is a boogie fortieth nice. There's a cocktail waiter, there's all like fresh food being made in the kitchen. It was elite anyway. But this chick comes up to me. Who's a friend of this chick? This woman comes up to me. Like, then we both get on it. You know, we're like having a few drinks.
Speaker 3: Oh and what do you call that? She has bendy arms?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, pull my arm, yeah, pull my finger, choos my arm twists. Yeah. We were talking about how she lives in Perth and in her age bracket, which is thirty thirty one, everyone's married up and having kids. Okay, this is a very like settled down here. I've heard. I've heard that Perth is like this because I've got a few friends in Sydney who moved over from Perth, and the story is always the same. You go back, everyone's getting engaged and married, whereas in Sydney a lot of us are single. She said to me that she's got a theory and a thing that she does when her married friends ask her about her dating life. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: I'm ready this.
Speaker 6: Party, and I've had this thought. So, you know, in a relationship, everyone always comes up to me and says, have you met someone yet?
Speaker 3: Are you nearly there?
Speaker 6: Oh, don't worry, you'll be there soon. You'll meet someone special. What I've started saying now is how's your relationship? How's your marriage?
Speaker 4: Is it good? Like?
Speaker 6: You should tell me how you feel, like if I put it back in your face, then put a really big mirror back onto you. Every time I say it, their face goes white and they go they don't know what to say.
Speaker 3: So that's what I want to say. That's that's good, that's good, that's good. Yeah, I love So there you go.
Speaker 4: She said that she's a single woman and she's often asked by the girlies, how's your dating life? Any solacious stories? How's a sex life? Wanting the single ladies to go in depth when in actuality, when she turns back and says, how's your marriage any fights lately? How's it going over there? They're reluctant.
Speaker 3: Why is that rhetorical question or one that requires a response?
Speaker 4: I reckon response, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I quite like that.
Speaker 2: But to be fair, in situations where I've done something similar, you get that kind of story that's.
Speaker 1: Full of platitudes.
Speaker 3: Oh you know marriage, you know, I miss being single. Let me tell you. I used to get on and.
Speaker 2: I used to get near and you you know how it is like even on the same person that you get And I'm like, no, no, I don't.
Speaker 3: But if you're not gonna be juicy bits, I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 4: I think because it feels more permanent. If you're like, oh, he's doing this or she's doing this, it then feels permanent because they're more involved in your life. When if it's like more casual in you're dating people, it's a bit more it's noncommittal, like you can talk shit about them and then it's not going to come back to bite you, whereas if you're talking shit about your husband or your wife.
Speaker 2: I also think we have a culture of sharing tales and stories when you're.
Speaker 3: Single, and I don't presume.
Speaker 2: That the people you do it with think it still happens even when they're not single.
Speaker 3: I definitely did it when I was dating someone, asking all my friends, oh my god, how's going show me a little apps? You talk to it because that's what we do.
Speaker 2: It only feels condescending because we're no longer doing it from the same place anymore. So I would err on the side of caution of getting heaps mad. But I do like the idea of throwing the question back. I want the goss, but then also I don't like getting the goss because then it's like, shit, gos, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Now, you told me like all the deep the deep darks, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, so your whole relationships to performance and I can't say anything great.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune in Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.