Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells Show podcast Leftovers, Top three This Rancor Top three Leftovers, Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pizza for number one? Always better on the second day, my slow cooked red wine lamb shanks, and third is tend to hang.
Speaker 3: On hang on.
Speaker 1: That sounds amazing, slow cooked red wine lamb shanks.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, they're always better on like the second even the third day.
Speaker 3: How that marination that's happened?
Speaker 2: It's in there and massages the meat and the veggies and then tendery chicken.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, Jackie boy, what's yours?
Speaker 3: Starting number three? Good to one?
Speaker 4: No our number three is controversial?
Speaker 3: Soup?
Speaker 4: Oh I think this soup. Don't look at me like that.
Speaker 1: I made a note of my phone yesterday, right, don't even know why this came my head. I was going for a run yesterday and the only thing that dropped in my head was I do not respect sooner right. I actually stopped the run that I need to capture these amazing thoughts for.
Speaker 3: Future radio shows.
Speaker 4: I cannot keep it.
Speaker 1: I do not respect soup. I remember thinking in my head, soup is just bers. It's not a meal we've been sold dismissed.
Speaker 4: As long as it's a chunky soup with stuffy.
Speaker 3: Who is getting excited about a leftover broth?
Speaker 4: No, because the broth all soaks into like your chicken and your vegetables and your noodles, and they become they grow over.
Speaker 3: A wasted a top three places into something still pretty disgusting. What's the best thing to a soup? Add bread to it?
Speaker 4: Sometimes Sometimes if you live it for two or three days, it can soak the water and broth in so much that it's actually not a soup anymore. It's just like a gluggie, which doesn't sound good. But food without the water, and it's delicious.
Speaker 3: Name me your favorite soup flavor.
Speaker 4: I guess chicken.
Speaker 1: Oh, chicken, have chicken, just haves a nice fried chicken.
Speaker 3: It's worst, watery dishwasher bs. I do not respect suit.
Speaker 4: I will bring in. I'll do a three day soup for you and bring it in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well I'll try it.
Speaker 1: It's still be half decent even after three No, No.
Speaker 4: You haven't had the right sea you're thinking of, like a tomato souper or pumpkin soup.
Speaker 3: I've never had a pumpkin soup in my life? So would you consider super meal?
Speaker 4: Yes, a chunky soup?
Speaker 3: No? No, chunky suit? Who was it?
Speaker 1: Chunky's sort of thing you feed when you're in hospital. It's hospital foods because you can't eat proper meal like fried chicken, home bony coming soup. All right, before I even go into my top three leftovers?
Speaker 3: Who is with we? Who else does not respect soup?
Speaker 4: Chunky soup? Chunky say Chunky?
Speaker 1: You don't tell me what I'm saying soup? You say, chunky? Who is a fan of soup? I don't know why I'm yet right now? Who does not respect soup? I do not consider soup to be a meal?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, you haven't had the tat water they give you in a restaurant, and they're me the actual food.
Speaker 4: Even though it's say, pumpkin soup, is thick enough to be considered a meal.
Speaker 3: Oh my word, who goes to a restaurant? You ever ordering soup in the restaurant? I bet you do, I bet you do. Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 1: We were talking about leftovers and I was asking Jack and Pants, so rank their top three leftovers. A good leftover, A great leftover when you think about it excites the soul. Oh, whatever happens today that's waiting for me. Reheated, it will taste even better than original cook or bake or whatever you made it under. Jack gets to his first one, his number three of leftovers, and that's where all falls apart, because he wastes that spot with something I do not respect as a meal or dish, soup.
Speaker 4: You gotta understand, we make a great super home chicken noodles, vegetables. It's very chunky, and all the broth overnight on each of it sucks into all the crevices of the vegetables.
Speaker 3: Right, are you getting excited with thought of some really? Yes? Yeah, it's so runny.
Speaker 1: Plus the other thing with that, you can't eat it in front of the human. The mess and collateral damage with soup.
Speaker 4: Is messy and noisy.
Speaker 3: It's like a dog eating a.
Speaker 1: Bowl of pasta seeing another human you care about, you know like that. It's so I'm asking us morning nine four one four one oh four three soup? Do you not respect to like me? Or is it one of your favorite dishes? Like Jackie boy? Let's go to Mark.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Mark, Good morning Christian Hey, sorry, Jack, but I'm with Christian I do not respect soup at all. If you're gonna have a meal, Heather, a meal. If you're gonna have a drink, Heather, drink, you wouldn't chop up a steak and put it in your glass of water? Would you know?
Speaker 3: You said this in two or three dammy lines. You've finished him off better than me, Mike.
Speaker 4: What's like your last kind of soup?
Speaker 3: Your head?
Speaker 5: Oh? Okay, so this is not a good example. But Beck, in New Zealand, we've got this thing called boil up and it's as bad as it sounds. What is it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: So it's like pork bones, water, chris in potatoes and sometimes some doughy dumplings, and it's just it's cooking by a child.
Speaker 3: Watercress. Just that's it. Water.
Speaker 4: It's like someone put food on shuffles.
Speaker 3: Chucks and grass in there, water cress and bones. Oh you had me at bones, then you chug your water cress.
Speaker 4: Mike, you just hit the wrong kind of soups.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 5: Oh no, mate, I tell you what, Like the amount of people in New Zealand they eat boil up is unbelievable. And the first time I tried it. It put me off soup forever.
Speaker 3: You have to try this now, Mark, thank you very much for como. You have a good day, you know what? Dale? Good morning?
Speaker 6: Yes, how are we?
Speaker 3: I'm good to your soup defender?
Speaker 6: Sorry mite, Oh, I've got Jack's back.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 6: It's my grandmother's pea and ham soup. My friend gets a multifested meal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's in there? What's in there?
Speaker 5: Love?
Speaker 3: There's just a Swiss Army knife of soups.
Speaker 6: It's a Swiss Army knife.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 6: Correct. If you got off as a soup, you put in the fridge for the next day, it thickens, it turns into a paste and put it on toast.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, right anytime I hear my nan used to make this because they didn't have a lot of choice. All they had was potatoes, and they threat of Hitler taking over the world.
Speaker 3: So they actually make it. Two, we've got more choice, we know more. What's in the past? What is it actually? What is the sort of ingredients of the soup?
Speaker 6: Well, it's peas, and then it's got hand bones and that type of thing, and it's also got carrots and shallotts and that type of stuff.
Speaker 4: But I love that you come into my defense.
Speaker 3: But I cannot.
Speaker 4: I cannot think of a paste a soup as a paste on toast being a young man.
Speaker 6: But the bonus, but the bonuses to reactivate it. All you do is add water.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, that's your that's your name.
Speaker 6: But you guys have you guys are too stuck up?
Speaker 3: Yes, in this.
Speaker 1: Regard, very stuck up. Doubt Sorry, mate, not on this one. You've lost even the soup fat.
Speaker 3: You lost.
Speaker 1: What's worse his soup a suit paste with the condensed version of it. Let's go from Dew to Andrew.
Speaker 6: Good morning, good morning, and Christian, Jack, pat's how you go? All going? We do not respect the soup.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, Christian.
Speaker 5: It is a nothing, nothing, nothing, not even meal.
Speaker 4: But are you having a chunky soup with all the stuff And the.
Speaker 1: Reason why you're chunking it up is so almost makes up to an actual meal.
Speaker 5: Well, this is the other issue I think that Jack has is that he has an unhealthy obsession with the word chunky. Chunky kick cat. Yes, that's about chunky suit Jack.
Speaker 3: It's a gateway to something chunkier. You're real worried.
Speaker 5: I'm really worried about the boy.
Speaker 3: I guess I do well here to have a chunky intervention.
Speaker 1: Past that past.
Speaker 5: A chunky soup essentially is like the old the old stereotype of British boiling.
Speaker 3: Yess Yes, and they came at.
Speaker 6: The time of boiled meals are horrible.
Speaker 3: Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We have soup every week and we love it. That's all I can say.
Speaker 1: Wow things Jack, he's packing up his bull nose. His mum's called him in. I'm playing with those rough boys are going to you.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.