Speaker 1: Hi Heart podcasts, hear more Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura.
Speaker 3: Ben Bady, your work, our windows down, that's my world, rison the dust, only good tabs all down. I've done much, but yeah, I know I'll.
Speaker 1: Big get and what I want.
Speaker 2: It don't matter where. This is the picker.
Speaker 1: Happy hump day everybody, It's the pick up with Britt Hockey and Laura Ben.
Speaker 2: Happy Wednesday or what a time to be alive? Laura, can I just kick start with a conundrum that I am experiencing at the moment.
Speaker 1: I know exactly where this is going because we've just spoken about these scrolls of yours far too many times.
Speaker 2: So just to give you guys the lay of the land really quickly, just outside of my house, literally across the road, this new little bakery pop up thing has opened. It's so small, like it's a hole in the wall window. You can't sit at it. And there has been a line for it down the street and around the corner since it opened. And I'm not exaggerating one hundred people waiting for a scroll.
Speaker 1: I drove past it last weekend. The irony of this is that there's about one hundred people waiting and the line wraps around the gym. So I was wondering what everyone was waiting for. And all these people are waiting to buy a cinnamon scroll and they're just waiting in front of everyone else going in to do their workouts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so this is gone.
Speaker 1: It's gone viral on TikTok. It's a cult cinnamon scroll.
Speaker 2: And since I have done some digging, it's also because they only open on a weekend, so it creates this scarcity mindset that you've got to get in there. But this is my issue, right, I would never dream about lining up for an hour for a cinnamon scroll or a vegamite scroll, whatever it.
Speaker 1: Is, but now you feel the peer pressure that you have to.
Speaker 2: But now the line makes me want to do it because I thought, Okay, this has been consistent for the last two weeks or so. It's not just like a one day first opening, Like, it's not like a buy one, get one free.
Speaker 1: Don't conform. This is like whether the easies would drop or like a new iPhone, and people used to camp out for stuff.
Speaker 2: Are we comparing a cinnamon scroll to Kanye West the Easies.
Speaker 1: No, I think he's canceled anyway, isn't he.
Speaker 2: I just feel like I don't ever want to line up for it. But when I walk out of my house every day and I see hundreds of people continuously lining up, I just feel like, maybe I'm gonna have to do it. But what can I do? Do you? Reckon? I can like slip someone of fifty at the front of the line just to buy.
Speaker 1: Me somefing makes it a fifty dollars cinnamon scroll, just so you're aware.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll get a few to make it worth it. I doll it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think if you've got to do that, you need to buy them for the whole team so that no one else here has to line up. But this is a problem you can work out on the weekend. You're gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe I'm not gonna be okay, And then you're going to regret saying that. Laura, I really thought this is going to tickle your fancy. Okay, you are in the throes of your pregnancy. You were so deep you were almost about to pop that thing out. Number three.
Speaker 1: No, I've got a few more weeks, twelve weeks if it pops out. Now that's a bit of a problem.
Speaker 2: Well, I wanted to help you out with baby names, just in case you were like on the edge of maybe thinking of a new name. There's an influencer online Nara Smith now yes wife queen. She's the face of trad Wife's. She has upwards of twelve million follows on TikTok like. She's a very big character online.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you haven't seen her. She does these cooking videos, well, she does lots of different types of videos, but she's the most unrelatable trad wife content creator I've ever seen. She's like, and then I picked the butter from the freshly milled goat milk. You're like, what are you even saying? You don't pick butter? I don't know she whipped it? Like anyways, confuse.
Speaker 2: Say really good. I love listening to her.
Speaker 1: I love her voice.
Speaker 2: I want to say that, like, we can pay her out as much as we want. But that is also her thing, Like her thing is to be really over the top dress. While she's soothingly speaking and creating things from scratch.
Speaker 1: I would say that her market and her thing is being unrelatable. That is, she leans hard into unrelatability, which is a territory most people would try and lean away from. She's leaned as far into it as she can.
Speaker 2: She does it brilliantly to be fair. Now, she's married to her husband, whose name is Lucky, and she already has kids. Now her kid's name. She has three children. Her kids names are Rumble Honey, Slim Easy. It's not sorry, Rumble Honey's four, slim Easy is three, slimb Easy is actually the full name of that child, and Whimsy Loo is the third one. I think it's a girl. Is fourteen yeah, Lou, Whimsy Lou. It could be either fourteen months. So she is trying to decide on her fourth baby name, and she's come out on TikTok and listed the names that haven't quite made the cut that her and her husband couldn't agree with, but she tried. Now have listened to these.
Speaker 4: Okay, starting off with some boy names.
Speaker 5: I love the name Moss Goodie Sunday but spell like the actual Sunday girl names. I love the name twinkle Velvet Button is so cute to me.
Speaker 4: I love the name Apple. Won't be using because it's been used before. Another name that I love that Lucky does not like at all. So it didn't even make it into our list as butter. But it's getting harder to name.
Speaker 1: Children for me. Sorry, sorry, you can't name your child butter. I was joking about the goats butter earlier. But you can't name your kid that.
Speaker 2: Because butter is also her thing, Like she needs a lot of butter and makes it and whips it all from scratch, like that's her thing. But I can't tell. There's part of me there's hoping that this is satirical, but I don't think it is.
Speaker 1: No, that's the problem is twinkle.
Speaker 2: If you're high on Twinkle what, I.
Speaker 1: Just think that you're really putting your kids into a category of what they can do when they're older. Like you're never going to meet a lawyer whose name is twinkle, are you. No one's taking that seriously. And actually there's been research study on that. Don't quote me where it came from, but the names that you give your kids have a determining factor on how they're treated by other people, and it influences what they end up doing in their careers. So if you're going to name your kids Sparkle, Cupcake, they're probably not going to be set up in life to be the type of person that's going to be able to move into a career that's particularly ambitious. I mean, look, it's probably a bit subjective. I hate the terrible names, objectively terrible names.
Speaker 2: There were some others, Shimmer stop it, very Dare. The only one that I'm gonna let slide is because that's a real name.
Speaker 1: Does far it? Sorry?
Speaker 2: But I got me thinking, what names of you like? Are there names that you and Matt or one of you loved but the other one couldn't get around.
Speaker 1: I think I have chosen all of our kids' names so far. I think I even chose I mean, we're calling this baby Poppy. It's no secret my husband outed that on a podcast recently. And I have this app right it's a kind of like baby named Tinder. So the way it works is like you download the app, your partner downloads the app, and then you swipe like thousands of baby names, and it populates a list where you both agreed on names that you've swiped right to or left to. I've tried to get Matt to do this for the last two children and also for this one, and I do the swiping, and he has never downloaded it. So I'm just playing Tinder on my own baby names. But I've got a few. I'll read out the ones that didn't make the cut, Ye, Matt, pooh poohed a lot of these. Milo was one. I love Milo.
Speaker 2: That was on my list, actually.
Speaker 1: Milo Bennett, Theodore Hudson, Finn Charlie, Remy, Chase, Cash, Teddy Parker. There's Rash. Cash is a person who goes out and shoots pigs.
Speaker 2: Rory Logan, Sorry, any Cash is out there.
Speaker 1: It's very American. Cash is very American Logan. But Matt grew up near Logan in Queensland, so he was like, it's too.
Speaker 2: Logs my place, my little Couzzy.
Speaker 1: Western Grayson, Western, Emory Grayson.
Speaker 2: I dated. I couldn't do that. I did beg a Greyson. He was hot though, he was very good.
Speaker 1: I have a theory. The last one Emory.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I like Emory, Yeah, except it's a bit too much like memory.
Speaker 2: And also like a what's it called at the board, Emory board? Yeah, a male nail file. My it's very said.
Speaker 1: We also chose Pormus, but it didn't make it in there.
Speaker 2: I thought you were serious. I was like, no, A right.
Speaker 1: I also really think that regardless of what name you go with, if you choose a name, I have learned the hard way as of this baby, don't tell people because we've chosen the middle name for this for our little girl that we're about to have, and her middle name also starts with P, so it's pp and Poppy from us, Poppy from us. Some people have told us what they really think about it. What if she's gonna be just called peepee, She's gonna get at school character building?
Speaker 2: Hey did you peep? Like that's what they're going to do.
Speaker 1: It's good, it's good for.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: There's a new trend that's been happening online. We've been seeing it popping up with celebrities and we're talking about cosmetic surgery. Now, it's not to do with actually getting the cosmetic surgery, because we all know celebrities have been doing that for a very long time. It is around transparency when it comes to cosmetic procedures or cosmetic surgery. You guys might remember recently Chris Jenna, she had a facelift and she came out and said, I mean, she couldn't deny it. It was pretty damn obvious.
Speaker 2: And she looks younger than at orders.
Speaker 1: Yes, so she came out and said, well, drinking lots of lemon tea. She's like, I've been getting botox and doing some really great glycolic pills. No, she was honest about it and said that she'd had facelift. This kind of sparked a bit of a movement among celebrities because more recently we've been seeing Chloe Kardashian. She came out and she opened up about getting rhyna plasty, botox and fillers. Megan Fox has come out and said that she had procedures done on her boobs. She's Kylely Jenna, Kylie Jenner. I think the reason why these celebrities are coming out is because the response to Chris Jenna's transparency was so overwhelmingly positive that I think other celebrities are now jumping on that bandwagon and kind of trying to be like, well, I'm going to have to admit to it at some point, so I might as well start this, you know, and get on the front foot of this. Anyway.
Speaker 2: I think it's also because, for example, the leaders in this conversation at the moment are the Jenna's like Kloue Katashian, Chris Jenna, Kylie Jenner. They're all coming out and talking about it. And I think the first reason is Kim and Chloe and all the girls are getting into their forties. You can't lie about the way you look forever because it's obvious that we are going to age. But two, I think a lot of them it's quite selective with what they're talking about. I think it's from other things, like they're not going to say everything, but if you give just a little bit, people might lay off you a little bit and not expect you to have had the other things that you don't want to talk too totally.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: Also, I mean if you've seen recently Instella bech Judd came out and was talking about different procedures she has had. Now Famously, Bech Judd has kind of always have said, no, I'm fully natural everything. This is just how I wake up in the morning. And the reality is it's like cosmetic procedures, surgical procedures, they're becoming more and more common, they're becoming like far less stigmatized. People are talking about them a lot more. But this, I think is where it does become a little bit problematic because it is so evident that there is only about fifty percent transparency. It's like, oh, I'll tell you about the surgeries that we're okay with. I'll tell you I've got a nose job. I'll tell you I've got my boobs done. But I'm not going to tell you about the BBL and this and this and this, And I think that they exactly what you said, Britt, you think you nailed it. The selectiveness around the surgeries is firstly a real issue, and secondly, I kind of I think it's a problem when someone just goes everyone, I got to know his job, look how great it looks. I want to see the process. I want to know like how gory and gross and awful it was, because I don't want to just see positive, happy outcomes. We all know that like to get and to have major surgery, it's incredibly painful. There's a huge process, there's a massive cost debt, and these celebrities are able to afford the best surgeons, whereas the rest of us are flying to Turkey. Goddamn it.
Speaker 2: You know who does it in Australia has always been really honest. Is Sky Wheatley she's an influencer. We saw a year's music music.
Speaker 1: One brother, but the cat eyes Done's celeb with you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She talks about everything, and she posts it when she's there and she posted it when she's getting it. She's really honest with the feedback, and she's always been really really honest with it, which I think is really really great. But it's funny because I don't know if you saw the recent interview. Everyone's been talking about Lindsay Lohan recently, give me a Lindsay Lohan's surgeon, tell me what she's had done, because all of a sudden she sort of like disappeared for a while, came back looking incredible. It's obvious she's had something done. No one cares, They just want to know. And she did an interview like just a couple of weeks ago where she said it was just down to like she said, I have lemon water in the morning and I have been doing some lasers, and everyone's like, that's not lemon water. Like I could drown my face in lemon water every day and it's not going.
Speaker 1: To do that. It's the same as Paris Hilton saying that she's never had botox but never there any procedures whilst saying it her face is completely paralyzed. The thing is, we don't have a tolerance for there anymore. We do call bullshit when people say, oh, I haven't done anything, this is just me naturally. So I do think there's been pressure for celebrities to be a little bit more honest, but I really I want to see the process. I want way more transparency around how like just awful it is to go and have these procedures done, because I think that that might be a bit of the antidote to deter especially young girls, from wanting to go and get major cosmetic surgery where it's just incredibly painful and stuff can go wrong and we know it does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon, just spit it out. Just tell us what you've had done, and tell us where you're going.
Speaker 1: And tell us, tell us, tell us.
Speaker 2: Look, Australia's sweetheart, Robert Irwin. I don't think he's got a bad bone in his body. I don't think there's anyone that can dislike him. He's an absolute superstar. He's gone over to a merry car recently. He's on Dancing with the Stars over there. Somehow he has gone up astronomically to eight million followers on Instagram like.
Speaker 1: For Australia shrine for Robert Irwin are here.
Speaker 2: I'm setting him up before I threw him under a bus. But no, he he recently did a dine and dash like where you eat and then run away in do pay snow bomb? Yeah, he smoke bombed. Have listened to what he said.
Speaker 6: Found a great restaurant, ordered to take away salad, and there was a lot of people who you know, saw me and said good a and wanted to have a photo and all that, which is which is all good. But it turned into a bit of a bit of a frenzy. It was a little bit of a flurry there for a minute. They got the salad super fast, cheers, thanks so much, to have a good night, see you later. And then the next morning I wake up and realize I never paid for my salad. I just did the old din and dash and I didn't even realize I'd done it.
Speaker 2: I felt terrible.
Speaker 1: Poor Robert Irwin. He's getting mobbed for a salad and then he has to do a public apology.
Speaker 2: Sorry, this is brilliant on behalf of this. Cops Harbor restaurant. He's in cops. This is brilliant because he's just advertised them one salad probably what seventeen bucks eight million followers. That probably costs forty thousand dollars of advertising if someone was to pay Robert Oway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would want to go to the place that Robert gets his salads from, wouldn't you. He's recommending it. You're going to go visit.
Speaker 2: Have you ever dined and dashed?
Speaker 1: I feel like everyone's kind of accidentally walked away and then realized and like, you know there, someone's chased them out of the restaurant. You're like, oh, sorry. Never a dine and dash though, that I can remember. But I have definitely been in the shops when my kids have picked up something and put it either in their pocket, in the trolley, in the press, and they have shoplifted. Yeah, so my kids are shoplifted on no one called the police. So they've definitely done that before. Like we've accidentally stolen a pack of tiny teddies.
Speaker 2: Actually happened to me two weeks ago, I said, happened to me in Dina Dash. No, Well, let me just tell you very similar to Robert her and I was being mobbed out of the front.
Speaker 5: Eight.
Speaker 2: I wasn't.
Speaker 6: I I was.
Speaker 2: I was at a restaurant up on the Gold Coast and with there were six of us in total. They sat us right out the front on the thoroughfare. And I know, I'm joking. There were a few people that recognized this and said hello, but I was definitely not being mobbed. Anyway. We paid, went to leave, had to walk past everyone out the front. It was a packed restaurant, was on a weekend, and we walked set out goodbyes when walking up the street, and then the waitress comes running up the street in front of everyone like yelling out to stop us like we hadn't paid, and was literally saying that out loud, like you haven't paid, excuse me. And I was mortified because I thought, I know I have paid. I literally just paid. But she yelled this out. Everyone in the restaurant thinks I'm doing a dining dash. Anyway, she caught up to us up the street and I went onto my bank and I was like, we just paid. I went onto my bank and showed her and she's like, oh my god, my mistake.
Speaker 1: And I was like, well too late.
Speaker 2: I was like, because now everyone thinks I've.
Speaker 1: Dined and dash. I would have thought it would have be in a situation where your card was declined. That's always awkward, you know.
Speaker 2: It's just I don't know what happened. I was like, look it's gone through, and she's like, oh, I'm so sorry, my mistake. I've just done.
Speaker 1: I have a funny one for you, you know, justin Hemm's obviously very wealthy, very very The man's got a lot of money. We all know what it's in every newspaper. I was standing in at a Sigi place and he was in front of me and he was paying for an a Sigi bowl eight dollars fifty. Card declined and he was like, God, that's awkward, poor guy. But then I realized it was because he was paying with black AMX and they just didn't accept it. So I was sure the guy was fine. Anyway, guys, that's it from us.