Speaker 1: I thought I was gonna lose my best friend yesterday. Laura me my dog Delilah.
Speaker 2: It actually makes me so happy every time I hear that, so it's like my favorite song.
Speaker 1: I think I might put it as my ringte.
Speaker 3: She really, I mean, for a dog that is such a liability. We love her so much. She's like a toxic relationship for you, Britt, I want you to realize that you're like I love her, She's my best friend. Was spending my time with her. She gets you in so much trouble. It is very toxic.
Speaker 1: But yesterday, literally I was in panic mode. So I like a little.
Speaker 4: Treat, a little sweet treat, right, So I got this little chocolate barth thing that is like a very organic and natural ingredients and cocoo and whatever else it is.
Speaker 2: And the reason I'm saying that is not just a humble brag, but it's important to the story.
Speaker 1: So I was settling.
Speaker 2: Into the couch last night to eat it, and I put the chocolate bars, still in its wrapper, on the lounge next to me. Then I had to get up and get something from my room. For two seconds, get up, go to my room, come back, and Lilah has gotten the chocolate bar off opened it, put the wrapper on the ground irrelevant to the story.
Speaker 1: And eaten the whole.
Speaker 3: I didn't sit there with the little paws and like, she didn't do it perfectly, and then.
Speaker 2: She did, so I went into panic mode. So I don't I've always known and I never knew if it was really like that myth that chocolate can kill dogs. You know how it's like there are things you don't feature dog ing in chocolate. I'm pretty sure grapes is one of them. Yeah, like like sultanas and raisins. Yeah, cha dogs, You're right? Yes, And I had put it up a bit of a cutesy laugh on Instagram luffy laughy laugh.
Speaker 1: Don'll eitherate this chocolate's so cute anyway.
Speaker 2: Wow, shouldn't have done that inundated with people being like your dog's gonna die?
Speaker 1: So I was like, oh my god, what am I gonna do? And it's also after hours.
Speaker 2: So yes, I could have called emergency vet care, but I decided to go for the free option and I messaged my friend Chris Brown, like bond I vet.
Speaker 1: You know doctor Chris Brown. He's every Australia loves him. He's very famous. Vet.
Speaker 2: We've been friends for many, many years now, and we're not the kind of friends that go and like hang out all the time.
Speaker 3: But we text each other.
Speaker 2: But when I say we text each other, I've realized it's quite a one sided texting chain. So I messaged him and I just said, ah, hey Chris, sorry, it's been a hot second quick question, and sorry to message you so late at night. Delilah has just eaten this little chocolate bar behind my back. I sent him in a picture zoomed in on the ingredients, and I was like, does she need emergency care? Will she improve on her own?
Speaker 1: I was like, is this so rude? Anyway?
Speaker 2: Bless his soul, he wrote straight back. Immediately he looked up all the ingredients.
Speaker 1: He asked me about.
Speaker 2: Her body weight and like how much chocolate she consumed, and long story short, she was absolutely fine. But the thing that got me sort of chuckling is that when I look at our text and when I say we're friends, we're obviously not friends. Every text in the last three years I have messaged out of the blue, hey Chris, sorry to bother you, And that's a Delilah question. You just think you've got a free vet on hand, Chris has become your own free personal.
Speaker 3: Vet to listen to.
Speaker 2: Christmas Eve, twenty twenty two, Hi Chris, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: Sorry to bother you.
Speaker 2: On Christmas Eve, Delilah has been excessively panting.
Speaker 3: Non start to else. Just take it to the vet.
Speaker 2: Wait, she's dribbling a lot too. What could be wrong with her? I've googled it and it says it could be toxic. What's your initial thought? Bless his soul? He called me on Christmas Eve, ran me through the whole Delilah chat. Okay, moving forward, we're in twenty twenty three. Hey Chris, So if Delilah has an oyster cut on her paw, can I use human beddedine? Here's the cut, and I'm sending in pictures of Taalilah's paul with an oyster cut. Next one, Hi Chris, it appears Delilah has eaten half a block of eighty percent chocolate. This goes on and on.
Speaker 3: Okay, the only thing that you're reinforcing to me in this one is that Chris is not your personal vet. And two, Delilah is a liability. And also, so you you're just as bad.
Speaker 1: I'm not yes, you are.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: This is just a shout out to doctor Chris Brown. He did write to me and say, any time you want, I will give you advice on Dalilah. Like that is absolutely so fine. Don't ever feel like you can't ask me. And I'm saying that more so people don't judge me.
Speaker 3: If Chris is meant to be one of your good friends, you should probably call him and apologize.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna bother the guy anymore.
Speaker 3: Like, Hi, I'm so sorry that I haven't spoken you in two years except to ask for free vet of us.
Speaker 2: Sorry about the exhaustion panting or used to cauch chocolate consumption.
Speaker 3: Does he even go by being a vet still? I thought he was dancing with the stars now, he.
Speaker 1: Said, But you don't just want your a doctor. You're a doctor. You can also be a dancer doctor dancing right.
Speaker 3: Look, coming up, give us a call. We're going to be talking about childhood nostalgia. You know things like when you're a kid you would say jinks or you know, a pinch and a punch of the first day of the month. What are those big childhood nostalgia moments that you might have forgotten about? Or haven't thought about in a while. We want to hear about them next