Speaker 1: People do some weird ship.
Speaker 2: Would you like to try vape?
Speaker 1: Why would you take up something that is going to be addictive and expensive?
Speaker 2: I think that people.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. Yeah, because you're young and stupid, some things make more sense than others.
Speaker 3: You mentioned that your goal was to be healthy, and I just don't know. How can you figure that's going to happen when you're ordering a chocolate moose?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I had it in the car on the way home and I didn't have a spoon, so I was like an hour.
Speaker 1: Adillo trying to get ants out of a whole. Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults food being fingered as an awful sensation. You haven't been thinking about the right person. Goodness me? Is it just still to play a couple of mitches?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 2: It's Jenna, Please don't forget to include my name in the opener this season?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Now he is Mitch Chulli and Mitchell kou.
Speaker 2: Yes solo, Hello, welcomed? Is it just me Mitch Cheery is away this week?
Speaker 3: But it just so happens that I had a spare co host lying around, which is handy. So all right, Hey from trash Alley on Spotify's here.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to it.
Speaker 6: Oh, it feels good to be here. Ha you just how are you it?
Speaker 3: I like that it's so handy having two co hosts. They're interchangeable for me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it makes sense because when I was away on trash Alley, of course Mitch Fielding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, each other's understudies. I love it.
Speaker 6: It's just tit for tat. In fact, been het understudies. I did get mistaken for Mitch Churry once. That's when I did a lot of skin care because you know, Mitch has got quite glowy skin people's actually, so if he does need an understudy, I mean, I'm happy to go on his radio show. And can you imagine that.
Speaker 3: I just need to let out idiots know that I've come to your house to record, and.
Speaker 2: I get that it takes a while to unpack it. Fuck me, what a pig sty I've walked into.
Speaker 6: Don't turn me under the bus. You don't understand. So we only moved in not long ago, and then I went on to I did my live shows, and then I got back from my live shows, had COVID and I just haven't had time to kind of unpack and get my office in order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just like kicking piles of trash at my feet, like, oh, okay, if I put a chair here to record.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I'm sure you know how this works. You've been in our podcast before. We start the show the same way every week with something we noticed, something we hate or appreciate. There are is it just means we've got what each Do you want to kick things off as the guest of honor? Yeah, sure, all right, cool, let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 6: Did you think when you were younger the water bills were going to be much higher when you were an adult?
Speaker 3: Can't relate. I'm a farm boy, mate. Our water came from the sky oh, straight into the gardens, straight into the tank. We didn't have to pay water bills. Having said that, there are issues that come with that, like you know, drought when there's no water coming.
Speaker 2: From the sky showers.
Speaker 6: They were going to say drowning.
Speaker 3: Actually, ironically, you know how people always think, oh, the farmers, how are they coping with the drought. I was on the phone and Mom the other day and she said, the farm is fucking flooded, Like they're getting too much rain, and I was like Jesus, literally when it rains at Pousa, they're struggling. But no, we didn't have to have water bills.
Speaker 6: Why I mcaine, you've done in a garden? Well, when I was when I was younger, I just thought that, like, water bills would be really expensive when you got like when you lived by yourself. My mom was always like one of those people was like, get out of the shower, your waist in the water, hurry up, you know, going on and on.
Speaker 2: Oh, like it's going to cost a fortune that water bill.
Speaker 6: It couldn't keep the tap running while I was brushing my teeth and things like that. And of course we were It's not just the whole because obviously we grew up and we're going through a drought, so obviously the you would expect that. My mom was like, we need to save water because there's a drought.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So when she says think of the farmers, she was talking about me, Yeah, my family.
Speaker 6: So true. But the problem was my mum and never did that. My mum was like, turn the water off because the water bill will be too high. And so I was always like expecting that water bills must have been like five hundred dollars of quarter. And I've gotten my water bills and like, I've never paid more than twenty dollars a quarter a quarter, like as in, every three months I get a water blot and my water bill will be I thought that you had to be hundreds of dollars. I think the most I've paid for a water bill is thirty three dollars for a quarter.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 3: That's a bargain when you think about it, I know, right. And it's weird because when it comes to bills, I don't even know what our water is. Jordan takes care of that. The house mate. He just says, oh, yeah, only such and such. I don't even pay attention.
Speaker 6: I see, I'm that housemate that has to have all the things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're across all the money you do the book? Yeah for the house.
Speaker 6: This is a book.
Speaker 2: Yeah right.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: I when Jordan and I moved into our current place, we were stressing because it has air con, and we thought, oh my god, our electricity bill is going to be through the fucking roof. Are we ready for this? Can we afford this? I can't actually stress to you how drastically cheaper it is to have air conditioner versus running little Sunbeam pedestal fans twenty four to seven, Like it was so much more expensive to not have air con.
Speaker 2: It's bizarre, you wanted.
Speaker 6: One time, when I was living with my best friend Clayton, who is still my best friend now we live together at one point and we just like got to you know, with every like housemate situation, Like there's always times where everything the other person does is just getting on your fucking nerves and you just like hate everything. Every time they breathe too loud and you're like, get out of my house. You know, that's just too much. So once upon a time, he left his air conditioner on during the day and he went to work and he left the air cone on. And because this is my first time living out of home and we hadn't had a like electricity bill yet, I was like under the impression that this was going to be like a really expensive thing and.
Speaker 2: This could cripple our household.
Speaker 6: Don't get me wrong, Like electricity bills definitely, like can get very expensive. Like I understand that, Like I'm not saying I'm paying too dollars to turn a lard on but what I'm saying is he left it on, and I was like, how dare use all this energy in this house while it's not even there. So I sent like a message to the house mate group chat and was like just a reminder everyone, like if you want to just turn your aircuns off before you leave of the morning, because like the whole top level was freezing cold, and.
Speaker 2: I mean it is a waste, you're right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And then he actually gave me some figures of how much it costs to run an air con it's and it is about like forty two cents every six hour block or something like he's here. It gave me this whole Google spreadsheet of like Sydney council rates and like running electricity rates and like how much it costs. And it was only I think, look, I'm just making this up. Google it if you need to actually have some yeah, we don't do facts proof, yeah, no proof mind it. But I think it was something like forty two cents for each four hour block or something, so it's like ten cents an hour and it was only on for two hours. So he was like, I'll just transfer you the twenty four cents if that makes it feel better, and then I felt like an idiot.
Speaker 3: You know, I wonder what makes electricity so expensive if it's not the aircon draining, and what the fuck is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know, to be honest.
Speaker 3: By the way, you said that you used to live with your best friend and he's still your best friend.
Speaker 2: Did you find that your better friends now that you don't live together.
Speaker 6: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because when I live with my best friend Talisha, it nearly ruined us.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thank god we.
Speaker 3: Don't live together anymore. No offense to her, but yeah, you're right. You just start to get on each other's nerves and it's better to not.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So I've lived with four best friends now, so there were just there was just issues with everyone. Like if I could give anyone a piece of advice, it would be probably don't move in with your best friends. I'm still really good friends with all of them. Yeah, you just get you just have those moments where you go, I think this will ruin us. So I know you Andisha for sure.
Speaker 3: Thank god, Jordan is the most low maintenance house made I've had ever. So yeah, we've had a good run. But anyway, should we get into my is it just me? Mm hmm, all right, cool, let's go Bradley, Is it just me? Are you a bit of a shit flirt? Do you remember not too long ago on our podcast trash Ally, you said I can't imagine you flirting.
Speaker 2: I just can't compute that, and I've got a bit offended.
Speaker 3: I think you're right, and I've only realized that recently because I'm saying someone at the moment and I was like, Jesus, I really don't know what I'm doing, do I because the other day I.
Speaker 6: Don't even have I don't even know what he looks like. In general. You haven't shown me. Here we go, this would be good. Oh yeah, he's cute. I'm into it. I don't know if I could deal with you with a boyfriend, like not to throw you under the bus, because I obviously don't think I had a boyfriend the whole time that I knew you either until I met Sky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I don't remember what you were like without one, really, although there was your whole phase.
Speaker 6: God, how can I won't get into that?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't have a boyfriend, so you don't have to worry.
Speaker 6: Oh you don't want to jinx at all? Right. Sorry.
Speaker 3: What happened was he we've added each other on be Real, Oh yes, and he posted his be real that day and I thought, fuck, he looks gorgeous in that photo.
Speaker 2: Firstly, like that's not what the app's for. And I was like, god, he looks good.
Speaker 3: And instead of just saying that, like, oh, you look hot, what would you have said in that situation you want to tell someone you think they look hot and they be real, to.
Speaker 6: Be honest, like, I'd probably send a reaction first. I'd probably send a reaction and then maybe take the conversation offline. Yeah, like and you know, send a text and say what, I don't know something about it? You looked good and you'll be real today.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's that's like a normal thing to say.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because I'm an idiot, I framed it as like an intervention. I sent him a voice message and I said, right, listen, I know you're knew to be real, but I don't think you understand the point. You're meant to look foul and you look fucking gorgeous. You have no right looking as hot as you do in that photo, and like you took the compliment well, but I did think to myself later. Why does my version of flirting translate to like almost abuse.
Speaker 6: It's like a backhanded compliment.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you look gorgeous, you idiot. It's just me.
Speaker 1: You got something on your mind?
Speaker 4: Hit up at a couple of mitches on Instagram for get yourself on the show.
Speaker 3: All right, it's that time in the show where we hand the reins over to you, our idiots.
Speaker 2: If you want to get an is it just you off your chest?
Speaker 3: And either it just me or your own you just dms at couple of mitches, then it's a boy's message, or you can come on the show as a caller up to you. Either way, you win something from prize keeper Jenner's prize cupboard. So today, Hailey, you should be hitting up Jenna on Instagram to claim your prize.
Speaker 2: Ok, this is what Hailey sent into us.
Speaker 7: Is it just me? Or is it really disappointing when to get a really bad hush brown from Macas when you're hungover, Like you go there on a Sunday morning before eleven o'clock and you get your maccas, your coffee and your hash brown and you get home and then it's really soggy and it's not nice, and it's just really disappointing. You just really need a good hash Brown on a Sunday morning when you hung over and you need to recover, and then you get home, and that's fucking terrible, terrible.
Speaker 3: I'd say, ah, perfect timing, Hayley. You've got two former magazine employees on the podcast today.
Speaker 6: So true.
Speaker 3: I am embarrassed that some stores manage to let the hash Browns go soggy, because like pressure is on if you're on hash brown duty during the breakfast run, like you're pumping those things out so quickly, and they're so crispy.
Speaker 2: And crunchy normally. I actually don't know how they go soggy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because obviously they've sat there too long. But like, I know what you mean, but I don't know why they go soggy, because one, there's a huge turnover of them. Two you should know like how many to put on. And three if it's been soggy, you either like if it's sat there and it's gorn soggy, I would never put that in a customer's bag. It would either first of all, if there was like enough time, it would go into the waist spin and then like cook more. Hopefully you'd be a proactive enough to know that more were coming up in ten seconds anyway, or if you've really had no time and you really had no patience, throw that bitch back in the fry after ten seconds, crisp and her up a little bit and make her piping hot and put her back in the bag. But yeah, it's I'm with you on that one, Hayley.
Speaker 3: Actually this sounds a bit weird, but I don't mind as soggy hash brown if I'm hungover, Like if you're hungover and you're ordering macas, especially if for getting it delivered, you fucking know what you're getting. You're getting an absolutely vile, greasy, disgusting, not at all well presented hangover feast. Like the soggy hash brown kind of adds to it for me. But if I'm going out for a beautiful breakfast and they get me at soggy hash brown, nap nap.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Like as if you go to a cafe, yeah, yeah, that's a thing.
Speaker 3: Or if I'm going to Macis because I've got a big day ahead of me, I'll have a Macis breakfast, you know, like before a long drive or something. Yeah, that's when I'm like, I expect it to be perfect, but if I'm hungover, like you know what you're gonna get. Really, it almost adds to the experience.
Speaker 2: I feel you've.
Speaker 6: Literally just like unlocked a memory for me of like an early morning crispy, crunchy, fluffy hash round before a big road trip. Right. Oh, that's just gorgeous, or.
Speaker 2: Like an excursion when they take you to breakfast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just stunning. But if my hash brown is socky, I just chuck it on the burger anyway, like on the bake. No, I'm a sausage McMuffin person. Yeah, skip the egg on the sausage muffin. Sometimes I go crazy and add chicken sauce. Yeah. And then so if the hashmroun's hot and crispy, I'll have it. If it's not anything, but I'll chuck it on the muffin.
Speaker 3: You know, it's fucking underrated and so fucking gorgeous. If you get hot cakes and they give you that hot cake syrup, which is basically just maple syrup, I don't know why they can't call it that. That on your hash brown, Yeah, holy.
Speaker 6: Fa dip your hash brown in it. Or another one. If you want to take it even further, order chocolate sundae syrup in a lid in a little Pus breakfast and you put the Hashbroun in the chocolate syrup. No, die, knock it till you tried it. It is just gorgeous. But I will admit hash the hotcake syrah. Someone told me to do that when I worked at McDonald's and I went, ill, you are disgusting, but no, that's not happening. I tried that. I went, this is a it's a spiritual experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: And also you're right, I really shouldn't knock it till I've tried it when it comes to your recommendations, because I don't know if I've brought this up on this podcast, but over on trash Allie, you were telling me once that the perfect hangover cure is a large sprite for McDonald's. It has to be from macas. It can't be from any other place. It can't be a normal sprite from the supermarket. And I was like, how can that be? But one time we tried it because we were both hung over on the podcast, and fuck me, it works a treat so, Darlin Hailey, even if you get a soggy hash brown, just get a large sprite to go with it, and you will be healed all the same.
Speaker 2: Your hangover will be gone like that.
Speaker 6: Well here's the thing with that. What Ever, since we did that podcast episode, I've been inundated with messages from people who work at McDonald's, people who have gone to McDonald since and tried to do the sprite trick to cure their hangover. And McDonald's has actually let them know that they no longer do sprite on post mix. They don't do sprite at all at McDonald's anymore. The only sprite they can give you is now sprite no sugar.
Speaker 3: Oh so when I ordered a large sprite to cure my hangover recently, they sent me a sprite no sugar?
Speaker 6: Was it the one when we recorded?
Speaker 2: No, it was a week later.
Speaker 6: Well, was did it taste like no sugar? Did you go this don't taste throughout?
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: It didn't work? It didn't quell my hangover. I was thinking, what's going on? I must be extra hungover today. Yeah, because it just didn't heal me the same way as that time we tried them.
Speaker 6: So I don't know whether that's like an everywhere thing, but I've gotten at the least twenty people like message me directly and say there's no longer sprite at McDonald's. There is now only no sugar sprite, which I didn't even know no sugar sprite existed, you know, neither. So not happy about that because I don't think a no sugar sprite would cure my hangover.
Speaker 2: I reckon sugar is possibly what does it? It's refreshing and this gives you a little kick.
Speaker 3: Oh that's devastating because like a couple of weeks after we tried them on the podcast, I tried it at home, ordered some sp I think I got two even, and they didn't work. And I thought, wow, I must have gone really hard last night of the sprites not curing me. Fuck yeah, right, we'll just forget every piece of advice I just gave you.
Speaker 2: The sprite hack doesn't work. That is so devastating.
Speaker 6: Honestly, it's ruined my life.
Speaker 2: What a shame.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Thanks Haley, hit up, Jennifer your price Darland. Okay, you know that when we've got a guest here on the podcast, we like to get them to do a little game of ours. And since you're hear alright, hey, I don't think we got you to do this last time. It's a little game we call sound of Silence.
Speaker 6: No, I've never done this.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's get into it.
Speaker 6: Hello, darkness, smile friend.
Speaker 3: So how this works is you call someone in your phone and you have a bit of a chat with them, and then once they ask you a question, you never answer it, and you've got to try and keep that silence and keep them on the line for as long as possible. Okay, there is a way that you can extend that silence. You're allowed one bridging phrase. For example, you can say something like yeah, I'm still here and then see if that'll keep them along, because if you don't say anything at all, they'll probably hang up and think that it's this shit reception. But if you just say one little thing to extend the silence, you're allowed one thing, and that's all. At the moment, the record is two minutes thirty and that was Carla from Banks Town calling her mother.
Speaker 2: But I feel like, in.
Speaker 3: A way, calling your mother is it's a safe bet because your mum's going to be worried sick as if she's going to hang up on you.
Speaker 2: So, do you have any like celeb contacts you could do?
Speaker 6: Oh hang on, you have to look here.
Speaker 3: In your phone, but obviously a celeb that you are comfortable burning a bridge with.
Speaker 2: Potentially some people don't like being fucked with without prior warning on a podcast. It's weird.
Speaker 6: That's fine with it. I'll let you know anytime you want to fuck with me, go for it. I'm here, I'm a good sport now.
Speaker 2: But you're not meant to give them a heads up. That's the difference.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But I mean I can cover from it, like, oh, you don't have to give me your heads up, you'll bounce, you know. The person at the top of my contacts, Like the first person in my contact list is Manbay Chatfield.
Speaker 2: Who oh you know what are you going to do her?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, Jack Vigein already called her, Oh, how to go? She had no patience, so don't go for her. Nine seconds? No, nine seconds?
Speaker 2: She was like, are you there, babe?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: But she just did not stick around at all.
Speaker 6: I literally was gonna say, like, she's the first one that came to mind anyway, But I think she's too busy. She wouldn't even like I was gonna say she'd only last ten seconds anyway, but apparently only nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, So don't try her. She will she will fail. If you're trying to beat the record. Who's someone It doesn't have to be a celebrit I'm just getting a bit bored with people calling their family.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, could call Brittany Britney ye Saundered Saunders. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's kind of a bit like Abby though, Like she's a busy lady. She's running businesses.
Speaker 6: You know, what's the time she'd still be at work at this time? She's running one of her twenty five thousand companies. Do do you know what I mean? She's busy.
Speaker 2: For those who don't know who Britney Lee Sawners is, how would you describe her?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well she's a YouTuber turned businesswoman. Yeah, and she's one of like the ogi YouTubers from Australia who are still alive and kicking today but not actually doing YouTube. She now owns a fashion label and a coffee shop, and she owns a fitness label like a cat where all that sort of Stuff's like she's just absolutely killing it in there.
Speaker 2: She doesn't tell you. Did I tell you? I was at a birthday thing in Newcastle recently.
Speaker 6: And you only just met her for the first time. She said, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I heard someone at the other end of the bar call out Mitchell Coombs and I thought, dah, here we go an adoring fan.
Speaker 3: I'll get my photo face on they want a selfie and it was fucking Britney Lee Sauners.
Speaker 2: And then I fangirled over her. I was like, oh, hi, darl and we haven't met.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that she knew me, to be honest, and she said, oh, I'd love to come on the podcast with you and a Rat Hayes. So careful what you wish for, bitch, you're gonna get a prank cause.
Speaker 2: Should we call her?
Speaker 6: That's what we call manifestation We love it. Yeah, okay, I'll give her a call. Hang on one sec.
Speaker 2: So, like I said, your chat for a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then once she asks you a question, that's when you just zip your lip.
Speaker 2: Never answer the question.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hello, Hi, joll oh my god, long time no speak. I know what are you doing? Are you there? Hello? Sorry? Hang on, just give me one second? Okay, Okay, I've just pupped her a mute.
Speaker 2: You can't go with silence.
Speaker 6: If I know it's been awkward, I don't know what to do. Should I like cough or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just makes some noise to know that you're still there.
Speaker 6: Okay, Oh, she's laughing. You're thanking me to see she she knows can so I can't say anything else I hang on or anything.
Speaker 2: If you want to bach it, you can.
Speaker 6: We'll just leave it. We'll just let it keep going.
Speaker 5: Because a lot of challenge.
Speaker 2: She must see ow tiktoks. She knows exactly what's going on.
Speaker 6: She said she loves her challenge. But I didn't hear what she said before.
Speaker 2: I got a minute to go before you beat Carla's record.
Speaker 6: Oh, I reckon, I reckon. We can do it, and she's us a mo full name. I'll just coughed. Right, she's on mute again.
Speaker 2: Let's just leave her in silence for a bit. I want to see how long we can go without the coughs and shit.
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is a test to see how long I'll stay on the phone call. She's a smart girl.
Speaker 6: She's a smart girl. Yeah, just pissing myself at this hang on. I hope she doesn't hang up. I hope we beat Carla's record?
Speaker 2: What was sec What was Carlo's two minutes thirty? You're at two minutes fifteen fifteen?
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go fifteen seconds. I might do Another'll do another.
Speaker 2: Cough up to you.
Speaker 6: Heaven.
Speaker 2: We got three seconds. Oh my god, my god, he's done it. Congratulations. Al right, how are you beating the fucking record?
Speaker 6: Oh, Brittany, We've just beaten the.
Speaker 2: World record of the out of silence of.
Speaker 6: Sound of silence on the Is it just me? Pod? I'm filling in for Mitch Chery today and the challenge was to see how long I could keep you on the phone without you hanging up, and we actually beat the record. No, why do I know that?
Speaker 1: That's what you would be.
Speaker 6: Like doing to me.
Speaker 1: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but I love it. We beat Carla from Bankstown's records. So we're currently in the league. What myenturprize do I get?
Speaker 2: I know, Just the glory, I guess, yeah, just the gloating, you know. Oh, thank my LinkedIn. She's such a patient friend. I love it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you so much for being a good sport. I'll let you get back to work than bye.
Speaker 2: Oh God lover, she had the time of day for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know what a good sporl.
Speaker 3: Despite her myriad of businesses and shit that she should be doing, all the important cause that she could be taking.
Speaker 6: We probably just lost her a million dollars. But anyway, she can invoice me later.
Speaker 2: I look for it, money bags, Matt, For God's sake.
Speaker 7: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Shocks of young adults food?
Speaker 3: All right, as you know, idiots, we have a segment here on Is It Just Me? And it's called Jenna's Junk, which is where she will remind us of all the shit ideas that have come across our mind in the past. And we just thought, no, that's not quite good enough to run on the podcast. Well, because Jenna is not here and because you are here, I thought we'd do something similar, but instead it's trash Alley's Junk. So all the pop culture stories that we decided not to run. So I'm gonna play the Jenna's Junk opener. Can you just say trash Alley's over the top of it for me?
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Let's take a peek at trash Alley's junk.
Speaker 2: Shall we Okay, Doug, let's go through the pop culture stories that were just not good enough for trash ally, but it's good enough for here because I backed them to be honest.
Speaker 3: Often, Jenna's junk is actually we read it out and we go, actually that had legs. You know, we should we should have backed that harder.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Where is Jenna by the way?
Speaker 2: Oh? God knows now.
Speaker 3: She couldn't make today's recording because I don't know. She had a dad's birthday or something like a birthday lunch. And then Mitch was like, oh, I can't make it either, and I was like, well, fuck me, I'm not doing a one woman show.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I'm Jenner and Mitch today.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Actually, do you want to rifle through the trash? We've got a little bin here idea through hang on here.
Speaker 6: We gon't. Oh, here's one Karl Stefanovic vaping.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I loved this one because it was Karl Stefanovic's birthday and his wife Yasmin posted something on Instagram. It was like an old video of them at a party or something, and I don't know if it was a fog machine or like I don't know, some sort of miss that was being sprayed on him. It's having a great time celebrating, and she posted it on Instagram being like, happy birthday, Carl. It was just a nice birthday tribute. And in his hand you can just see his thumb is clutching onto a green vape and all the comments are like, it's the apple vape for me. But the Daily Mail of dug a little deeper and they've actually found out that it's apparently.
Speaker 6: A mint lemonade.
Speaker 3: One, yeah, that's in mint lemonade. I mean, we've both been quite open about our history of vaping. Mint lemonade would not have hit the clip for me, just quietly absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 6: And also shout out to the Daily Mail for doing the research that really does matter. I mean, thank god the detectives that Daily Mail got on the case and figured out what flavor vape Karl Stefanovic had in his hand at his what fortieth birthday?
Speaker 2: Did you something like that? But also is that the first time they've ever done research. They usually just run all sorts of FIBs.
Speaker 6: In fact, that could be a fib because I've never even heard, you know, even though we haven't been full time vapors in a very long time. You know, mint lemonade. Never heard of that flavor before.
Speaker 3: Well, if I was ever at a tobacconist, then I saw that as an option. I'd be like, yeah, thanks.
Speaker 6: And even at the club when you know you're having a few drinks and you're like, oh, yeah, I'll have a hit of your vape. No one's ever passed me on mid lemonade.
Speaker 3: I don't know why everyone's so shocked though, because they're like, oh, Carl's the latest celeb to take up vaping, because there's been pap shots of him in the past smoking actual cigarettes. And I think people would be surprised at the amount of celebrities that do smoke on the sly like we were open about it when we were full time vapies. I've been open about struggling to quit, et cetera, et cetera. I still have a cheeky vape on the weekend. You know, we're all friends here, I'll admit it, but I've got nicotine patch on today, so we're going strong. But you'd be surprised how many celebs are secret smokers. Like I remember when I worked at Kiss FM.
Speaker 2: Actually I better not say her name.
Speaker 3: Someone who you would not expect to smoke came in as a guest for Kyle and Jackie Are and a pack of Duries fell out of her handbag.
Speaker 6: Can you tell me who it is?
Speaker 2: Though I'm not gonna say her name.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was Oh my god, you actually been serious, I am.
Speaker 6: And I was actually being dead set if anything.
Speaker 2: She went up in my books. Knowing that she was a smoker. I was like, oh, you Masquerade is such a you know, goody two shoes, squeaky clean celebrity.
Speaker 6: My life has changed for everything.
Speaker 3: I mean not to say that I think smoking cigarettes is cool and like that. I think highly her because she's a smoker. But there was a part of me that thought, oh, you're human too. It did humanize her a little bit. I was like, look at you, You're not perfect, I know, right.
Speaker 6: God, that's actually like now that I know that little piece.
Speaker 2: Of no better, please don't all right? What else is in trash Alley's Let's.
Speaker 6: Have a lot digging through? Digging through?
Speaker 2: Oh so much?
Speaker 6: Tommy Lee posting a dick pic. Did you see this on Instagram?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And we were like, oh, there's so much to say about that, is there?
Speaker 6: Oh, there's a lot to say if I'm honest, Like I could describe that whole photo. Who is?
Speaker 2: Who is Tommy Lee? For the trash bet?
Speaker 7: Again?
Speaker 2: Is it just me idiots that don't know who Tommy Lee?
Speaker 6: Is? He? Well, you know Pam and Tommy streaming on Disney Plus, and he's the Tommy from Pamela Anderson's Pam and Tommy.
Speaker 2: So old is he?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: It looks it looks like a young cock.
Speaker 6: Let me have a little It looks like a young cock. Did you say, Tommy Lee, he's fifty Wait a second, he's fifty nine years old?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? See what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like I mean because I screenshotted it, so I'll just go.
Speaker 2: Get course my blood.
Speaker 3: So this dick pic that he posted on Instagram was up for four hours, and naturally a lot of people have responded to that, saying how come women's nipples get taken down in a matter of seconds like that? Any sort of female nudity Instagram? It's a big no no for them. But Tommy Lee compies to cop shot and get away with it.
Speaker 6: Look at this penis?
Speaker 2: Can you hold it so close to my face?
Speaker 6: You can't hear slapping you with it. You cannot tell me that is a fifty nine year old penis you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because this I did watch that Disney.
Speaker 6: Plus show given twenty seven year old.
Speaker 3: I know, and I watched that Pam and Tommy show on Disney Plus, and that was obviously set many years ago in the past, and he was, you know, in his twenties or thirties, and I thought, sure, he's older now, because when I saw that photo, I was like, is that a throwback dick?
Speaker 2: Pick because he's not young anymore, but.
Speaker 3: It looks like a young dick, which is a weird observation to make.
Speaker 6: And just for clarification, not too young, but we mean twenty five plus. I think we just need to put that disclaimer because you're saying it looks like a young cock.
Speaker 2: You're so right.
Speaker 6: It's a little unsettling.
Speaker 2: I never said pre pubess.
Speaker 6: So we will say, yeah, it looks I've seen a lot of cocks in my life, and I would say that looking at that one that I'd say twenty seven, twenty seven years old, twenty.
Speaker 2: Seven year old could put that on the grind and the like here you.
Speaker 6: Fish, sure so I'm like, Tommy Lee, fucking good on your job. It was up for four hours before Instagram took it down.
Speaker 2: So it was Instagram that took it down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I mean it was it disappeared. I don't know. I'm going to assume it was Instagram that took it down. I don't think he would have.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because he kind of pretended it was an accident, like the caption was whoops, but obviously it wasn't a fucking accident.
Speaker 6: But Brittany Furlan, who's that?
Speaker 2: Because she she used to be big on vine. Remember she had.
Speaker 6: A she had a She had the top comment on the original photo, which was like what is going on? Or something like that. Oh no, I think she said help. I think it was just help. I think I wrote what is going on? And I got a lot of ICs on it too, so it was it was a hot topic.
Speaker 3: But actually, sorry to interrupt, I was just fact checking myself because I was like, wait, is Britney furl and the vine chick that I remember I've just googled, and I think she's actually dating Tommy Lee.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: She's an American internet personality, comedian and actors. She was the most followed female star on Vine, and it looks like she's actually dating Tommy Lee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm said spouse.
Speaker 6: I'm on her Instagram now and hoge like in a lot of photos.
Speaker 3: And he's twenty four years older than her. So even she's commenting on her Are they married?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think spouse means like married, right.
Speaker 2: I love how we're learning as we go.
Speaker 6: Sorry for the pun, but the plot thinken Wow.
Speaker 3: So even she is shocked by her husband posting a cock show.
Speaker 2: God, that's weird that they're together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is so weird.
Speaker 3: By the way, have you seen speaking of that Pam and Tommy show all about Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee. There's a scene where he's having like a trip. I don't know if it's asset or something. He's taken some sort of substance and he's tripping out and he starts talking to his penis like it's having a full on conversation with it as a hallucination. And they included that scene, which is based off Tommy Lee's own autobiography. He wrote a memory that he had of talking to his own dick and they were like yeah, we better put that in this mini series about his life.
Speaker 6: Well do you see full frontal?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and it's talking. It's a bit off, go on, go on, Disney. Plus, we're sitting at your desk, we might as well bring it up. Want you to see Tommy Lee's talking Dick. I think it's a second one or maybe the first. I don't let me google, but yeah, we'll be able to compare. Is it much like he's real Dick or the actors talking Dick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's episode two.
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go, Episode two, scrolling through, scrolling through, Yeah, this looks like the part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hold on, go back. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 6: Okay, play So for anyone playing a lot at home, it's around the twenty one minute mark of episode two.
Speaker 2: And Tommy on Disney bluff. Here we go.
Speaker 6: I put a full screen for us, so we got the full experience, you really think?
Speaker 2: So that's him talking to his dick.
Speaker 3: How off is that his dick is talking to him saying, no, I don't settle down and commit to one woman.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, oh my god. Like standing up, Penis is motioning, there's full robbing the head, you know, little pea hole is looking like a mouth that's talking. Hang on, okay, So, so why we were doing a pause that? No, I want to have a yeah, a pause on the dick. I paused on the dick because I want to have a look at the dick because I now have a reference photo. Hang on, here we go. So we've got the reference photo here from the show.
Speaker 2: The real Tommy, and I'm going to have the.
Speaker 6: Real Tommy Lee stick here. That's actually matching up quite well.
Speaker 3: And now my questioning, I know, I would say that the Disney plus depiction of Tommy, they've made him bigger in real life, not so much.
Speaker 6: No, I think he's bigger in here.
Speaker 2: Are we looking at the same shit? I reckon?
Speaker 6: That is bigger than this.
Speaker 3: Nah, you're way off. The one in the show has much more length to it. Yeah, why are we dwelling on this?
Speaker 6: I was just thinking because my question was, you know, did they did they actually look at Tommy's penis to see if they could replicate it?
Speaker 2: Oh, imagine that conversation.
Speaker 6: But my thing is, what if you made it this big but he under micro true?
Speaker 3: Imagine like Tommy's management getting that inquiry from the writers of the show high We just need some sort of ballpark.
Speaker 2: How big is it?
Speaker 3: Because we're going to have a dick scene in the show, we need to know exactly what stars are dealing with. And Tommy's like, make it bigger, make it bigger.
Speaker 6: All right, I've seen enough cock for one week? So what else we got in these It's been of ours, the trash alley, junk digging through having a look. What about this one?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Peter Hellier and Walad Ali divide viewers with their bathing habits, So that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were on the project and they were talking about whether it's better to have a shower in the night or in the morning. Walid said that nighttime showers are just wrong and only for children. But then Pete made a good point and said, oh, it's just you know, it's a respectful thing for your partner to go to bed clean, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah? Where do you stand on this? Showers in the morning or all the night or both?
Speaker 3: I never thought i'd say this, but I'm team Pete Hellier because I prefer a nighttime shower because it's completely different when you've got long hair, because like the amount of time it takes the dry it's better to do it before you go to bed and let it sort of dry overnight. And then also I agree with the fact that not that I have a partner, but you'd think that it'd be nice to go to bed not sweaty and yuck. And I can't say I'm surprised that Walid thinks it's okay to go to bed a sweaty pig after not showering, and just expecting your partner who lies beside you to not have an issue with you stinking. Because he's a straight man. There's less some preparation and maintenance involved with the sex, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, But.
Speaker 3: Also I'm kind of at a point where I just shower whenever I can fit it in. Now now that I'm a lady of leisure, I don't have to be at the office or whatever. Sometimes I can go all day and be like, oh, I'll shower soon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah. I my whole life, I've been a nighttime shower because I just think the worst thing is getting into bed dirty like yak, you know, putting like whatever you've got on your feet from the day. That's the that's the worst part. It's not even about the rest of the body. It's not even about sweating. For me, it's about the sheet on your feet.
Speaker 3: Have you ever changed You've been seen all the grits at the bottom of the bed in case you do in the instance that you do go to bed with dirty feet, Like there's all these bits of gritten shit.
Speaker 6: I can't say I've ever actually noticed that.
Speaker 2: No, All right, just mery that.
Speaker 6: I have become. If I'm gonna have a morning shower, yeah, it's that becomes a two shower day for me. Oh yeah, because to bed either nighttime or if I do shower in the morning, I'm still having one at nighttime anyway, because I just like feel like I can't there's I mean, sometimes there's times that I'm just like, I'm too freak and tired. But at night yeah, at nighttime. But I love the fact that morning showers are like and once every so often thing for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like when you do do them, you appreciate them.
Speaker 6: You go, wow, how lovely is that? I'm in a great mood. And then you go out into the world and you bless everyone because you know you're just in a good mood because you've showered and you feel good and you feel great and you have a really great day.
Speaker 3: But then while it also made the point that if you shower at night, you're then going to go to bed and sweat and wake up not quite clean.
Speaker 2: Is that every an issue?
Speaker 6: So here's where it gets tricky. So the reason I'll have a morning shower is if I know that I've got something where like if I was to smell, I it would be an issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So for example, like I'll wake up and go straight to the podcast studio to record trash Alley, and I won't have showered because we're just sitting down and talking. Yeah, but if I've got like a photo shoot or a red carpet or something like that, obviously, I mean the last thing I want to do is smell while I'm onset or while i'm you know, meeting people and whatnot. So that sort of thing warrants it. But if I just get up and go and do the groceries, yeah, I don't really care.
Speaker 3: No, if I wake up and I've had a particularly sweaty night, I will have to do a quick core bath. You know, what is it, the pits and clips whatever, Yeah, just a quick just not to whit my hair though, because that will be an all day or deal if my hand's wet. Yeah, God, you wouldn't understand what it's not to have.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: No, In fact, I love having my hair as short as possible because it dries so quickly, like I will dry my head, then the rest of my body and the hair will be dry.
Speaker 2: I know I really do miss that right away. I do miss those days.
Speaker 6: Will you ever cut your hair?
Speaker 3: Eventually? I will eventually when I get a bit older. I think I'm young enough now to pull it off.
Speaker 6: Will you just do it? Or will you make it a big you know, world's greatest shape moment.
Speaker 2: You haven't really thought about it. I actually it'd be a bit selfish just to hack it off. I shouldn't make it a world.
Speaker 6: I just gonna say, like these days, if you're not doing it for charity, you're just a fucking ass.
Speaker 2: Well that's me.
Speaker 3: By the way, Speaking of morning showers, have you ever done this, because Mitch Cherry reckons that he swears by the best way to wake yourself up in the morning and be more alert before you start the day is like the last thirty seconds of your shower. You just turn the tap to stone cold and you have a freezing cold shower.
Speaker 6: I've done it a couple of times in my life. I've also tried jumping into a cold shower, which when I was into like the gym and doing keto and you know, bulking season and all the rest of those stupid things I would do, I thought.
Speaker 2: That, how long's bulking season gone?
Speaker 6: For? Never start?
Speaker 2: There's more seasons.
Speaker 6: I when I was like, it was one of those things where it was like if you get into a cold like really saw your endorphins and it makes more energetic and it and it burns calories faster and all that. All these things that were you know, that were on the internet that said that a cold shower did for you. So I felt no different, so I stopped doing it. But yeah, there were times that I would get up in the middle of winter and get into a freezing cold shower just because I thought that it would like make me lose weight faster and all this ridiculous scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't realize that it was scientifically backed because it it just pissed me off. It didn't make me more alert and like, yeah, I'm so ready to tackle the day. It just pissed me off. I was like, oh, that was fucking freezing. Why to do that to myself?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, at least you should be blasting your hair with cold water before you get out of the shower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really is that thing?
Speaker 6: Keep your hair? It closes because when you put the warm water in, it's like your paws on your face and it opens up all the follicles. And then if you do, if you shoot it with cold water for ten seconds before you get out of the shower, just your hair, it closes the folly coles to keep them healthier and you don't get split ends and you don't get all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Just when I thought my hair couldn't get any more gorgeous. You wait, I'm going to start doing the cold showers you sold me.
Speaker 2: On the angle.
Speaker 6: Keep us updated, all.
Speaker 2: Right, idiots, thanks for joining it for another episode?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 6: It's me?
Speaker 2: All right? Hey, lovely to have you back on this podcast. Yeah, thanks je of course.
Speaker 3: New episodes of our podcast trash Alley every Wednesday, seven am only on Spotify.
Speaker 2: If you want more of this.
Speaker 6: It's also season two now and we're ut the ande. We've got a second episode as well on Fridays.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: We do so every Wednesday and Friday. That's where we can catch Matt and I. But of course we'll be back with another episode, is it? It's me this time next week? New episodes every Monday, and we're doing our bonus episodes for the Drag Race fans Drag Race Debrief. You'll be able to catch that on Monday afternoon. I think Mitch'll be back for that. We'll see anyway, we'll catch you next week, idiots. Thanks for coming in all right?
Speaker 6: Hey, oh that's all right, dot, thanks for having me by jes wait before we go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, almost called him trash baths ese, isn't it?
Speaker 6: Idiots? Can you come and follow me on Instagram? Please? I'm on the road to one hundred K, so do you have fifteen k listeners here? If everyone comes and.
Speaker 3: Live every single one of your follows at all? Right, hey, and then we're good.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I'm at eighty five K, so if we could get to one hundred that would be great. Thanks anyway, by.
Speaker 2: Thanks idy its We'll catch you soon.
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: A podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 4: Make sure you've hit to follow on your podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to add brief. This is our secret segment on the end, we talk shit.
Speaker 3: It's a secret segment, but I guess this segment is kind of what inspired the second episode of trash Alley. Every Friday, we're calling that one kick ons. It's like the after party, and it's because we wanted a dedicated shit talk zone. So we've got our own add brief over on trash Alley, don't we every Friday?
Speaker 2: But they have to wait. We keep them waiting.
Speaker 3: I don't know if our idiot's are patient, and half of were if we were to drop eighty D brief on a different day.
Speaker 6: Maybe Are they responding well to drag race debrief? What do you call that?
Speaker 3: No, it's doing well, actually the drag Grace D beef. Obviously not every listener of ours gives a fuck, but.
Speaker 2: The ones that do, yeah, they're into it.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, this is a bit where we talk shit. Nothing's planned. Look at you staring at the brief, like, what do I say?
Speaker 2: We're in my notes?
Speaker 6: You know, Mitchell had to make a brief for me today because we have that on trash ally but well you don't have one on Is it just me?
Speaker 2: It's all up here, baby, That's why Mitch and I actually changed the podcast genre from comedy to improv because we pretty much make it up every week. We just say to which other right.
Speaker 3: Will do this, and then we'll do this, and then we'll do that and then it's also helpful because in the improv charts we're in the top five, but charts we're in the top one hundred at least.
Speaker 6: Also, I'm just looking on Spotify. I don't think improv is a thing.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, I was talking about Apple. I'm allowed to talk about Apple here. I know that we're Spotify girls, but yeah.
Speaker 6: You know what's funny though, I like appreciate that we have a Spotify original podcast because they don't actually use Apple Musical and I never have, Like I have always used Spotify, so it feels really natural for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used to use Apple podcasts and Apple Music and it was good because once I became a Spotify podcaster, It's not like I had to lie through my teeth and say, yeah, how good Spotify. Because I'm not even kidding about a month or two before we started trash Alley, I became a Spotify convert anyway, because get this, Apple podcasts wouldn't work on my Apple car play Go figure. Oh you're fucking both Apple. You'd think they'd get along, wouldn't you.
Speaker 6: I need to do I need to get Apple car Play, and I'm contemplating weather I So if I want to installed in my car, it's five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: You're good for it, I know.
Speaker 6: Or is the unrelatable Oh god, a bit of the scenario.
Speaker 2: For our idiots that don't know.
Speaker 3: Over on trash Alley, I've started a book of Alright, Hayes unrelatable quotes. Whenever he said something a little bit devorish, I got it down. Anyway, Yep, what do we got?
Speaker 6: This is one you can put in. So it's five hundred dollars to get my Apple car Play set up. Or I am considering just upgrading the whole car incidance and getting a new car that has Apple car Play.
Speaker 2: Is there anything wrong with your current car?
Speaker 6: No, but it's five years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's okay.
Speaker 6: But that's not that oil logistically like not just me being like a spoil rat. But when I bought my car, I still lived on the Central Coast and I was driving down to Sydney sometimes up to seven days a week.
Speaker 2: So we've got heaps of k's on it, So it's.
Speaker 6: At one hundred k one hundred thousand k's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should get rid of it. Then, that's what I mean.
Speaker 6: Like, it's it had a lot of freeway kilometers and now has one hundred kilometers one hundred thousand kilometers racked up on it in five years. And I think I've lived in Sydney for three of those years, and so my whole thing is like, realistically, I've only probably driven fifteen thousand kilometers since living in Sydney for three years.
Speaker 2: So it's like, isn't it weird the difference?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it's like the amount of kilometers anyway. So I just want to like, I just want to start fresh.
Speaker 2: You're better, You're better.
Speaker 3: I'm just adding that quote to the to the book. Oh yeah, what else is on there?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, do you want to hear some of the unrelatable?
Speaker 6: Yeah, with no context. This is gonna make me sound like an asshole.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just don't check my messages because I get hundreds a day.
Speaker 6: Now you're putting an inflection on it.
Speaker 2: My Louis Vuton bag got a splash in it, and it's ruined my life.
Speaker 6: Oh, it has like what's wrong with this?
Speaker 2: This is my favorite.
Speaker 3: I had to have a meeting with my financial advisor yesterday and he was blown away.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm hilarious.
Speaker 2: You can't make this shit up.
Speaker 6: This is why I need a reality show because imagine like getting all of this on tape, fucking brilliant, brilliant television.
Speaker 2: I'm more interesting than Beyonce. Anyway, when did I say.
Speaker 6: That we need the context around it as well?
Speaker 2: I never write down the context.
Speaker 3: I just write them down when they sound snooty, and it's without the context that makes it more beautiful.
Speaker 6: It's hilarious.
Speaker 3: My problem about working at McDonald's was more people would get photos with me because I was a celebrity. This is when we're talking about like CELEBN counters And I said, did anyone famous ever come through Macis? When you work there, and you're like, the problem was that I was the famous?
Speaker 6: I mean, hid I fucking hi? Oh my god. By the way, nikom miin Asha's new song just came out.
Speaker 2: Oh did it?
Speaker 6: I haven't had a listen yet, Ah, should can we play music on this?
Speaker 3: Here's the other Perkin not doing a Spotify original podcast Your roll the dice, because yes, you are.
Speaker 2: Allowed to listen. In terms of copyright, it's a gray era.
Speaker 3: You're allowed to offer criticism and critiques and if we're doing that giving it a review, yeah.
Speaker 6: Let's do it, super freaky goal. Oh my god, we've already heard snippets of this all over the internet. I'm very excited. You haven't heard this as a trending TikTok sound at the moment. No, I haven't. Yeah, I can, you know? Yeah, it's real, Like I.
Speaker 2: Can write it. Why I can't do tricks and keep the up? Oh I see she's sampled. Can't touch this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, it's I can.
Speaker 2: Think lyric theaters. Isn't it you can't touch this?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, isn't that that?
Speaker 6: No, it's I'm a super freak.
Speaker 2: Maybe each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they probably are.
Speaker 2: About me. I don't like this.
Speaker 6: I don't hate this that I'm quite enjoying.
Speaker 3: It to them playing this in court at the copyright infringement trial, being like, did they really give a thorough a book?
Speaker 2: All we've said is yeah, I like this.
Speaker 6: We were being to give it a rating. So far, I'm doing it five stars. I love it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought it meant five out of ten.
Speaker 6: My clip is pulping to this. Oh my god, the robbing, the flaps are clapping. Let's go. I want to get on the dance, want to get freaky.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, this is a good dance last song.
Speaker 3: Would I get up for it if I was comfortably sitting at pluff Probably not.
Speaker 6: No, I would.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's giving me like I just want to shake my titts.
Speaker 2: It's going to go. When you're a radioactive playlist.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'll put it in right now.
Speaker 3: I was listening to your radioactive playlist the other day and I got to say some questionable choices in there.
Speaker 6: Oh it does need to be updated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything what was because I.
Speaker 6: Like to keep it too sorry, excuse me.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: I like to keep it to forty. So it's like my top forty. Yeah, currently it's seventy six.
Speaker 2: I love how the Cure has not gone anywhere. Yeah, but that's nor will it.
Speaker 6: No, it won't because it's song special to me. It's like my favorite song ever. So but if you read the description of the playlist or so should stop nickiminash.
Speaker 2: Now Yeah, n good one, Nikki.
Speaker 6: So there we go. So what's our review?
Speaker 3: So we don't get copyrighted, doesn't really go anywhere, Like it's just kind of consistent.
Speaker 6: I think songs are being made for TikTok these days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know they are making it for TikTok like some people. I've heard some interviews where artists have said, God, my label just keeps saying, oh, this is a great album, Bay, but there needs to be a song that sounds tiktokable, even like management to pushing artists to get TikTok songs, which I don't understand.
Speaker 6: How do you even format a TikTok song? Though? Like, how do you know what's going to go off on TikTok?
Speaker 3: You just don't like I bet you wouldn't have picked fucking what's that Celine Dion song that blew up recently?
Speaker 2: It's all coming back to me.
Speaker 6: Now, so true. And like running Up that Hill, Oh.
Speaker 3: That wasn't really a TikTok thing. That was more stranger things. But yes, it has gone off on TikTok as well. I didn't realize that Kate Bush who sings running Up that Hill, I didn't realize that's the same bitch that sings is it wuthering heights.
Speaker 2: You know that song? No, oh, you'd know what have you heard?
Speaker 5: It's like it's me, yeah, okay, yeah, I didn't realize it's the same bitch, because I've got a completely different tone of voice.
Speaker 6: Yay, yay. How's your sugar free lemonade?
Speaker 2: Is this one that you polled me sugar free as well?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Thank god, I'm not hung over. It wouldn't do.
Speaker 6: Anything sugar free.
Speaker 3: I reckon, I've got to start doing what you've done, like get these fizzy drinks and sorry, fizzy drinks and shit to have it home because at the moment, if I feel like a refreshing beverage of an evening, it's like, oh, just pour a wine. And now that I'm trying to cut back on the wine, I'm like, there's nothing else in my fridge. I gotta find it. I'll turn it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fizzy drinks too well, because you know what, it's also about the psychology of it. Sometimes I'll have efn, not even a fizzy drink. Sometimes I'll have a cordial in a wine glass, and just holding the wine glass has me at peace.
Speaker 3: Actually, you've just reminded me there was a period where when I was still working full time. I was like, oh, I need to stop having wines midweek. I go to work all dusty and I would put iced tea in a wine glass and I just like trick myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta start doing that again.
Speaker 6: So it's just like holding it is comforting, you know, which is scary.
Speaker 3: That's why I hate stemless wine glasses. It doesn't have the same attitude and up as a normal one.
Speaker 6: Glass stemless wine glass from a wedding I went to, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well it's not even a stemless wine glass. It's a cup.
Speaker 6: Well that's true.
Speaker 2: Difference is there?
Speaker 6: In fact? You know what a brand sent me a couple of weeks ago. I'll show you it after we finished recording. It's a stemless okay, hang on.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we're in no rush over here.
Speaker 3: Hang on, by the way, Matte, you were talking up how good the view is during Golden Hour from this apartment.
Speaker 2: What a shame it's cloudy because it's hideous out there.
Speaker 6: All right, I've got it behind my back for you. I've got it behind my back because a brand sent me this the other day. It's a stemless flute.
Speaker 2: Okay, stemless flute.
Speaker 3: So it's a champagne glass without the little bit of the bottom. I mean, that doesn't look like a normal cup. So that is less infuriating to me than a seamless wine glass, but I'd still rather the flute.
Speaker 6: And the thing with stemless wine glasses is the whole point of a stem, yeah, is so that that's what you hold, so that your wine doesn't get warm, yes, with your fingers or your hands. So a stemless wine glass defeats the purpose of having the wine.
Speaker 3: I actually had a bit in my comedy shows I've cut it since where I was talking about stemless wine glasses and one of my friends bought steamless wine glasses, especially for whenever I was visiting, and she's like, yeah, I've got these for you so that you don't break my good glasses. And I was like, Babe, I'm pretty sure I could break a semless wine glass. Just to demonstrate, I had someone backstage throw wine glasses on and I was like, see they breakaball, and I just don't understand the point.
Speaker 2: I was like, a wine glass without the stem is just a.
Speaker 3: Cup, in the same way that a monitorless computer it's just a keyboard. A prongless fork is just a spoon. You can't say endless wine glass because it's literally just a cup.
Speaker 6: Fuck them, So hang on, I need to go back to you smashing glasses on stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was hard to get over the line because we've got the same promoter. Imagine me having to explain, so I want broken glass on stage.
Speaker 2: He was like really sure about that? Yeah, but it happened.
Speaker 6: And did it work. We've cut it. So did it not work or did it too hard? Too many logistics?
Speaker 2: Well, it just started to add up buying all these fucking wine glasses. I did that for the first show and then I was like, I don't want to take wine glasses to Melbourne, buy more and then smash them. And then I was coming back for Sydney Comedy Festival.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking in which we should both just be whores and plug our shows. I'm coming to Brisbane in September, so if you're down there, buy me tickets.
Speaker 6: And none of mine are on sale yet, so just go to Mitchell's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were not allowed to announce it yet, but we'll both give a clue. We're both coming to a city that begins with A and ends with delayed, So if you can figure it out, then that's on you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, can we talk about Celeste Barber right for a second.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 6: So here's some tea for you idiots.
Speaker 2: Just so funny hearing it from you idiots.
Speaker 6: So my friend said to me, she's a big Celest Barber fan, and I was like, she said to me, because I had just done my tour. She was like, oh, like Celest Barber was doing apparently, like this is a big American tour, two month tour, forty cities or forty dates across America. And my friend said to me, like, why is she doing this? Like why is she working two months NonStop? And I was like, I'll tell you why she's working two months no. Not because people don't realize like how easy it is to make money from a live show.
Speaker 3: Because like if you're selling hate for tickets and you're not even having to, you know, come up with new content every show, yeah, then it is easy.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I just think that people think like, oh, my ticket costs twenty bucks, but like they don't think about there's one hundred people in the room and.
Speaker 3: Nine to nine of them don't believe in you. But all it takes is that one person. Sorry carguck, but you know, like all adds up. Say, anyway, I did the math on Celest Barber's tour, didja? Yeah, So like let's take them from the top. First of all, I love how I thought when you said I've got some tea on Celest Barber that I was going to get some dirt.
Speaker 2: But you're just the tea is how successful?
Speaker 6: How much money she's making from this two a Because my friend's question was like, you're someone who does shows, why would someone put themselves through this for two months? And I said, well, I'll tell you dull. So I went on, her tickets are at the lowest I could find were ninety dollars. Right now, let's just say that just doing our research. And then also the fact that like she probably has like a tour bus, she has more people to employ, she has like a few other behind the scenes kind of people. Let's say like she probably from the ninety dollars, let's sorry that lemonade. Let's just be generous and say she gets how much of a percentage of that ticket.
Speaker 2: Like her cut? Yeah, maybe what sixty seventy?
Speaker 6: Well, I was thinking probably sixty seventy, but I think for the purpose, will go sixty, will go Kwa so I'll say, like sixty percent of ninety dollars is fifty four dollars.
Speaker 3: Because that other all that other money has to pay for everything like the Found Guy, the two Life whatever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so per ticket, she's getting fifty four dollars. Now. The interesting thing for Celes Barber because like, I know she's a big deal, but I didn't know she was like this big of deal because a lot of the shows were sold out.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know she did stand up.
Speaker 6: Well, well, yeah, it's kind of stand up, but she does have a special I think on Amazon Prime that I don't know whether i'd call it like stand up, but it's similar to us where we just kind of like tell story during a show. So if she's charging fifty four dollars per ticket, now, some of these theaters they ranged between two thousand, five hundred seats and three thousand, five hundred seats, I know.
Speaker 2: Let's go two thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 6: Let's go two thousand and five hundred, So we're doing the lowest possible. Yeah, So the fifty four dollars times two thousand, five hundred seeds, it adds up real fucking quick. That's one hundred and thirty five dollars thousand dollars one hundred and thirty five thousand dollars in her.
Speaker 2: Pockets, and then times that by forty, times.
Speaker 6: That by forty that's five point four million dollars.
Speaker 2: Fuck me too.
Speaker 6: So I said to my friend, that's why she's working for two months doll because that's five point four million before tax.
Speaker 2: Holy shh, Yeah, what would it be after tax?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, if she's doing her it's tricky because she's in America.
Speaker 2: So let's go like thirty the maximum.
Speaker 6: Okay, so let's do thirty percent to tax. That's still three point seven eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 6: So and of course I feel like, which is like, that's all just an estimate, just.
Speaker 2: Under two million per month basically monthly balori.
Speaker 6: So shit, that's why she's doing so much work and cramming it into two months.
Speaker 3: So let's barb is a weird one for me because I didn't realize that she did anything more than just those Instagram posts she ripped off, you know, celebrity photos. Well, I think she'd copied the pose and just look really dagging in it. Like, I didn't realize that she was more than that I thought she'd just made videos, and then I.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh, fuck, she's a big deal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think she. I think she just did that for a while then realized I'm missing out on a lot of money, right, And so then she decided to be like, well, what can I do. I can do TV shows, I can start doing like more of appearances, to start doing live shows and stuff like that. So I think she decided to kind of make some coin, which I love.
Speaker 3: I know that it's easy to say this, but I had that idea years ago where your copy celeb poses and just make it look really daggy and relatable, like you'd be standing there copying the same pose that a models doing it a bikini, but you've got your gunt drooping over and you're wearing the hideous granny undies.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, that could be funny. I just never got around to it.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure it's in a phone note somewhere from years ago being like ideas.
Speaker 2: I just never did it. And then when se Let's started doing it, I was like, fuck me, you.
Speaker 6: Could have been making five point four million dollars before tax every two months since you were smart about it. That's the thing. I find that a lot of the time as.
Speaker 2: Well, many things I could be doing if I was smart.
Speaker 6: You know what I do. You know what happens these days. So see back in the day, like on YouTube, if someone else did an idea that I had written down in my notes because I was the same thing, I'd write it down in my notes, and I'd sit and sit there and sit there and sit there, and then ah, fucking Joel mikkelefs Donner, you know, and now I'm like, well, now i can't do it because it looks like I'm copying him. Well, these days, with the world of TikTok and it being so oversaturated, if I see someone else do it, I just do it better, you know, Like I may as well just just do it because there's so many people are creating. Like even though I've seen someone else do it, ten people would have done it before them, and a hundred people are going to do it after them, and.
Speaker 2: You can just like pretend, oh it's a TikTok challenge. This is my version of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I've never just like blatantly copied somebody else's TikTok or idea.
Speaker 2: I'd chuck a little credit in the comments thanks blah blah blah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I mean like one that I've actually written down and thought about beforehand, and I've gone, oh, fuck, better.
Speaker 2: Do my Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I had written down in my phone notes? It was something to do with an impression of jab high Fi workers. And then I found out I've never even seen one. But I found out that Milligraham or at Milli on TikTok has done a few of those, and I didn't realize I've never seen one, but I remember someone mentioning, oh, you know Millie's hilarious baby High five.
Speaker 2: Videos, and I was like, oh, fuck me.
Speaker 3: I wrote that down recently thinking it was so original, and I'm like, for God's sake, everything's been done, nothing's new.
Speaker 6: So no, that's why I just do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my jab high five video coming soon. In that case, well why not?
Speaker 6: You could do it better?
Speaker 2: To be honest, No, I'm not much of an actress, so I don't know if I would do it better.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she she's pretty good though, like she is just pretty eerie, but she's not an actress though.
Speaker 6: I'd a cold fucking kid man. She's done night training, has she she's gone tonight, and she's got the thing that says, you know, I'm an actress.
Speaker 2: Then fair enough, but true she does TikTok.
Speaker 6: She's done actress, although there was that one stint she did in Bump. Oh yeah, we'll give her that. We'll give her the two lines. Does that make him an actress? Though? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's got an IMDb. Now we don't know, but I'm gonna check.
Speaker 3: Maybe not an actress, but yeah, she's got an impressions and like characters and stuff, whereas I am not so not so much.
Speaker 6: Millie Ford, I am dB Milly Sorry, I stand corrected. Milly Ford is an actress known for Bump and Rebound, hang on something else. I don't know what rebound is. I can't see anything about this, but Milly Ford apparently played Tiffany in Rebound. Let me see if I can get it. You have never even heard of I think they said a fourteen. Well I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh this was before Bump.
Speaker 6: No that's not it. Oh, here we go. No, that's on. Let me see rebound Millie forward. Okay, I'm on, I'm on the case here, bitches.
Speaker 2: Nothing comes out.
Speaker 6: That's being very successful. Well, our AMDB page has nothing on it, like there's just the rebound has like no info.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we're at that point in the episode this is it's funny that we're here because it happens when Mitch is here too. We're at that point in the episode where we both get a bit delirious and he just starts googling.
Speaker 2: Shit's not actually listening to me.
Speaker 6: I told you, I'm such a fill in, like I'm we're twins. Yeah, see that's why we I'm glad we didn't date because it wouldn't have gone well about that because we're the same person, you know, a little bit of a throwback for long times.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I actually like pronouncing it that way because it sounds like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what That's what I thought it wass.
Speaker 2: No, we just flat out called them idiots.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna start calling them digitsits.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening? Should we get out of here?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Are you saying should we?
Speaker 2: Or have you got more googling to do? I don't mind. I don't know what google moore, but.
Speaker 6: I'd also you know, it's it's five thirty. I better put the truck in the oven.
Speaker 2: Oh god, your moment. Oh, in that case, we better let you go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you better let you go, Joel.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks. We hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today, that's all.
Speaker 3: I forgot to tell you. You've got a line there every time I say that catchphrase. We hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better, that's all. Jenna and Mitchell's response is to say, in unison, so we do.
Speaker 6: So we do much like.
Speaker 2: They're at church. Yeah it's a bit culty.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, it doesn't matter anyway, we over made you feel two percent.
Speaker 6: Better, so we do.
Speaker 2: Oh gorgeous.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, you can catch us on trash Alley or we'll be back with is it just me next week hopefully Mitch is back on board.
Speaker 6: If not, you'll have me again probably and hopefully I'll clean my office by then. Yeah. Well, and we can film the episode because we didn't film today. It's one sorry I said no, the mess that is a wreck just fucked up.
Speaker 3: It's two versions of all and Hey, the public Thesigner and Caravan Park. So I've got Caravan Park, Matthew Today.
Speaker 6: Trailer trash anyway, Okay, I gotta let you Go by kisses.
Speaker 3: Actually you should do one of those. I'll better let you go. I've got a and then a throw back to something in the episode. That's how we enentrash Alley.
Speaker 6: I better let you Go. I gotta go, post a dick pic on Instagram.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks for listening.
Speaker 6: Bye.
Speaker 1: Is It Just Me a podcast by a couple of meches.
Speaker 4: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.