Speaker 1: Laura.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's Tuesday Harbor.
Speaker 3: Hello, miss and Laura. I have a question that I want to start today's show with. I feel like I should know the answer. It's a bit of a moral conundrum. Yeah, but if you're in your house and you could look out the window and you can look into somebody else's house and watch them walking around in their undeath or nude, you know that they probably will never know you're looking at them.
Speaker 4: Would you still.
Speaker 2: Look or would you walk away?
Speaker 5: I mean you look for long enough to clock that they're doing it right, because it depends on I mean, what are they doing. They're just walking around like full Bondie and they just don't realize that the blinds are open or did they leave the blinds open?
Speaker 4: And they kind of don't care.
Speaker 2: Bit A B B.
Speaker 6: Well, I think it's okay, but like everyone does it. It's a part of culture, like to see your neighbor nude, but you don't and you're not gonna stand there leering in the doorway. It's not a pleasurable. It's like a happy accident.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then you call your partner and you're like, ah, the neighbor's nude, and you get them to come.
Speaker 2: And look as well, and then you talk about it on the radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought my house was really private, and I have just realized because I walk around the neck all the time, and last night I was in pretty much I was in nude underwear.
Speaker 4: I looked pretty nude.
Speaker 3: And I also do this thing where I sometimes for comfort hold my breast like I just hold my booth.
Speaker 4: Every woman does that, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just protect one where is his going in case well root falls down.
Speaker 3: I was just having a nice moment outside in the cool where I thought it was private, holding my breast bit in my unders and I looked up into this like eighth story apartment that was through the trees, and I saw a man on.
Speaker 4: The balcony watching me. And he was watching me the whole time.
Speaker 6: The way that you say, you make it sound a man watching me. He's on his balcony eating dinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just me there was a creep staring at me.
Speaker 3: I didn't say anything other than that, but I've just had this moment of realization where I was like, how often has this happened without me?
Speaker 4: But also how did you know who was watching you the whole time?
Speaker 3: We caught we made eye contact. It was the funniest moment, you know when you make that eye contact and you're like, oh shit. But I tried to play it cool, like I wasn't shocked steam home.
Speaker 5: No, no, I look. I mean I think if my neighbor was naked and I clocked it, I would look. But I don't think I would stand there looking a period of time. My neighbor isn't her nineties.
Speaker 2: Well, listen. Over the weekend I had a similarly. It wasn't awkward. It was a confronting experience. You guys know, I'm seeing someone. I've been seeing him for the last couple of months, very happy. At the six month mark, I have.
Speaker 6: Noticed what could possibly be the biggest red flag I've ever experienced while dating.
Speaker 2: And I think I'm into deep.
Speaker 4: I mean, you've experienced some real red flags. So I'd love to know what this.
Speaker 6: This takes a cake, I'll tell you coming up. By the way, we're back this week with Taylor Swift tickets. We've got a full row, full row.
Speaker 4: This is the one competition you absolutely do not want to miss.
Speaker 6: Yep, your home of Taylor Swift is here at the pickup a full row, your.
Speaker 2: Chance in the next fifteen minutes. Stand by Mitch.
Speaker 5: We were just talking and you said that you're now six months deep in your new relationship and that you have just come across a red flag that is so red flaggy. You don't know whether you've ever come across one so bad before.
Speaker 6: Not to be honest, I didn't think it was that bad until I told you guys just as three friends, and then you think it's the worst thing.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's the worst thing in the world. I relationships it.
Speaker 5: I just think it's hard to overcome. I'm just not sure where you fit. Literally, I don't know how you fit in.
Speaker 6: Okay, sure, the guy that I'm seeing, who is beautiful and the kind of soul in the world's so sweeten.
Speaker 2: We haven't said the l words, So calm down. What are you saying blue? Because it's two men.
Speaker 4: No, don't you dare go down that path.
Speaker 2: Don't you want to wrangle with me? I'm a catfish baby, all right?
Speaker 4: Come bring listen.
Speaker 6: So what happened was I he's been saying at my house because I just it's just how it's happened. He's been staying at my house when he stays over. I live with my parents, yes, but it's an interim thing. It's just while I'm yes.
Speaker 4: So when you say your house's he comes to your parents' house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got my own life. It's like a grety face, a king Koala mattress.
Speaker 4: It's lots of room for the two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like an osweet private we can to and from the bathroom nude. He goes, it's just he's moving away. He's he's going away for it six weeks. Yeah, it's very sad. He said, why don't you come and stay at my house for a last hurrah? And I go, oh, that's quite nice. I've not been to your house.
Speaker 5: Which you also know that the relationship's progressing because he's not invited you back to his house yet.
Speaker 4: So this is like one would think this is a green flag.
Speaker 2: Correct, I've not been to his house. He lives with his parents as well, and he's like, Mum and dad have catered. They've got pancakes in the morning, because pancakes's my favorite food. Yeah, He's like, don't worry, we've got almond milk because I know how particularly you are with your arm and milk. Like he's so thoughtful, it's beautiful. Yeah, this sounds great.
Speaker 6: He's going to go away on the Sunday. I'm not going to see him for six weeks. Let's have one final hurrah. So I pack a little overnight bag. I'll get to his house. He's there, is welcome, and he doesn't tell me a thing. We just walked to his bedroom.
Speaker 2: I put my bag down, I open his bedroom door, and he's got a single bed.
Speaker 5: You are not a little boy, And I mean this is in like in a hot No, I don't mean as in like width, but I mean like you are a tall guy, like six foot three, one hundred and fifteen kilos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and how big is your friend he is.
Speaker 2: It's smaller than me. Yeah, he's small.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter how big you are. A single bed is for a child. Adults do not have single beds.
Speaker 5: My two little daughters, four and a half and two, they share a single bed. They sleep top and tail, and they only just both fit into a single bed.
Speaker 2: So I laughed.
Speaker 6: I thought, hilarious, Like is there a trend? Leldes to pull out? And he said, what's the problem, And I go, no, No, this is a single bed because it's a king single that all that adds is extra length, right, gives you a little bit more with.
Speaker 2: So we did. We stayed the night and I slept in the king single bed, and I lost him. Halfway through the night. I woke up like where is he?
Speaker 6: And he'd fallen in between the crack between the wall and the bed.
Speaker 4: Do you know I actually broke up with someone?
Speaker 2: This makes me you did it?
Speaker 3: I same thing six months deep into the relationship because it was long distance, and I finally came down. Also, he was at his parents' house. I came into his house and there was a single bed and he had a he had like a farting problem. He fared so much.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, so.
Speaker 3: When we got into the single bed and he dutched ovened in there, there was nowhere to go.
Speaker 4: Like I'm done.
Speaker 3: I'm done, done, you stinky single boy. And not to storytop this, but I've been in a similar situation. I moved in with the boyfriend, so we were doing long distance.
Speaker 5: I moved away to be with him, and I got there and i'd not been to his new house that he'd moved into several months beforehand, and he just had a mattress on the floor. With no sheets, so double though it was a double but it was just discarded on the ground. That's okay, It all sparrowed out of control.
Speaker 2: These are the issues.
Speaker 6: It's when you find a red flag deep into something when everything's going good and you go, this is a great relationship, and then it hits you.
Speaker 4: Then you realize, yeah, like this is terrible.
Speaker 2: It's like laid in life red flags thirteen one six five.
Speaker 6: But I love to know did you stay with your partner when a red flag read its head?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What was Maybe you've been married for ten years and you realize a red flag?
Speaker 3: Right, I mean I've just I've just had two actually realizations in the past week with my partner Ben.
Speaker 2: Really, what's happening? Wait, I'll tell let's get some calls. Tell us pret because it might make me feel better.
Speaker 6: Also, my neck is really saw from the single bed I slept on overnightes So we're gonna have to go to on the front. She crushed with some denker, but it didn't crush him. Okay, all right, let's go to a break thirteen one of six. I've red flags late in the relationship of the pick up.
Speaker 3: Oh, but you were just telling us a story about you know, when you get too deep in a relationship and you realize that there's a bit of a red flag, bit of an ick because you've just had a discovery with your partner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the guy that will partner. Yeah, yeah, the guy that I'm with and have been for six months. I stayed at his house for the first time and he has a single bed which you can't fit. And we're adults.
Speaker 4: So it got me.
Speaker 3: Thinking, my partner, Ben, I've been with four I can't do the math right now, well fourteen fifteen months, right, we're long distance, but we've just spent a couple of months together, and I have discovered two things in the past couple of weeks that have red flagged me a little bit, not red flagged as much as icked.
Speaker 6: Well, because you haven't spent like you haven't lived with him really for an extended period of time.
Speaker 3: This has nothing to do with living together. This is something he did in his childhood. So Ben is six foot five hundred kilos. He's a big boy. He plays professional football, so he's this big, sexy much a big sporty guy, big sporty guy, which you know, sexy.
Speaker 5: He told me that in thank you for establishing that twice, and he just recently told me that all through his schooling.
Speaker 4: He said, I was actually quite creative for musical and I was like, hot, you're a drummer or you're a lead guitarist.
Speaker 2: Yes, he saxophone's even quite sexy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he's got the tarts. Anyway, he was like the lead what's it called xylophone? He played the xylophone.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Can I show you what a xylophone?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 4: I know what it is. My four year old has a xylophone.
Speaker 5: But I don't think we need to poo poo kids who were like, like, he's cute and creative.
Speaker 4: And then he got into sports. I don't think it was just a little kid. I think he played.
Speaker 2: And then I asked him for the details.
Speaker 3: Yes, I laughed at him, and he got really serious and he said, Brittany, don't be ridiculous. It was a double decker xylophone, like it was a really serious. He got really serious, and I was like, Layers, yes, you for this, but I can't have that image in my head when we go to bed.
Speaker 5: No, I disagree. I think it's cute to date someone who's like into slightly dorky things because the people who have this like big masculine front and then when you actually get to know them, you're like, oh, you're a bit of a dog, and that's adorable.
Speaker 2: Maddie Jays any lading life of red flags or your husband made.
Speaker 4: No look, but Matt's great.
Speaker 5: The only thing that he he's become obsessed with, which I think is a red flag, is he has bought what's called and I don't know if anyone's heard of this, it's called the buger Salt. It's a it's okay, a buger sault, a big it's a big gun that you put salt into and he spends a good hour and a half of every day chasing house flies around the house shooting them with this gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, let me tell you, it's like, you know, like a wild amount of investment that he's putting into this, the bugger Sault.
Speaker 4: There's nothing hard about abut.
Speaker 2: Season food with it, because that sounds really fun.
Speaker 4: It would probably blow your sausage off as blind.
Speaker 6: Whoam court now, I know what you mean. Courtney's called I'm thirteen one of sixty five. Did you find out a red flag?
Speaker 2: Really late? In the relationship.
Speaker 7: So basically I was dating the Sky for like we were like three months in or something, and I went to go pick him up from his house and it was a total mess. There was food everywhere, There was like Uber eats bags, It was clothed all over the floor, like cups, mugs that were actually flies, And I was just like what it was night and day between what I had seen the last couple of times I had gone to pick him up. He is messy, but there's.
Speaker 4: A difference with messy and dirty. He sounds dirty.
Speaker 5: He sounds like he needs the bug assault his house. He does should go over and start shooting all the flies.
Speaker 2: Three months is definitely not into de break up with him.
Speaker 5: There's a level though, right, there's a level of messiness that you can handle. But if you're bringing someone back for the first time and that's the level of messiness, it's like he probably tried to clean.
Speaker 4: That's his best behavior.
Speaker 2: Ash High, What did you find out late in the relationship?
Speaker 8: So I'm actually married, like locked in and we got married, But one thing he does that I was crazy and it's gross. He doesn't watch his socks till I'd say, like a good three to four uses because he thinks it's like you have to use to wash them.
Speaker 4: Disgusting, because it's.
Speaker 2: No, no, he's he's my rule.
Speaker 6: I can get one run out of a pair of socks, or I can get three work days.
Speaker 4: You know that's a lot. That's revolting.
Speaker 3: Because you recently came and stayed with my boyfriend and I in Scotland and he told me last night the couch still stinks of your stench from your feet you put your and he's it makes us sick from your stench on his couch.
Speaker 5: Also, if you're going to just like out at the moment that you're kind of your red flag is that you never wash your socks.
Speaker 4: That's worse than sleeping in a single bed.
Speaker 2: We're made for each other. We're both riddle with red flags.
Speaker 3: Hey, speaking of living at home, I went home on the weekend to Port mcquariy at my parents' house. Let me tell you, I never thought I would be a mid thirties, mid to low thirties, mid to low mid to like thirties year old woman being scolded by her parents, But that is what happened this weekend.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to find out I reckon.
Speaker 4: I know why, m I guess why?
Speaker 2: No tell us next after this, I'm the pickup.
Speaker 3: So I went home to Port mcquarie, to my hometown on the weekend, Mitchell Laura, I had to do some.
Speaker 4: Error and see the family pick up my dog. It was a whole thing.
Speaker 3: But I haven't been back to my parents' house for a little while, and this one thing happened that sort of stopped me in my tracks and made me reconsider everything I know about life.
Speaker 2: Wow deep big. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's just me and my mom and my dad and everyone's pottering around the house, and I was going for a shower, so I opened the linen press, get a towel and the towels. Mind you, my mum is the most organized person we've ever seen. Everything is color coordinated, there's a different level. They're folded immaculately.
Speaker 2: That's classic. My mom's the same waves yours would the same as well.
Speaker 4: My mom just shoves things in a couple of hopes for the best. Lawa's mom not so much.
Speaker 3: So I go a towel, going to the shower, put my towel down in there, going about my business.
Speaker 4: Obviously, I'm Starker is having a great time washing all the.
Speaker 3: Bits, and then the door slides open with such aggression that I'm so shocked. And I turn around naked in the shower and I look, my mom is standing their hand on her hips.
Speaker 5: You think that it's gone past the days when mum's just like barging on you in the shower.
Speaker 6: You're like, mom, and she made you.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't care about her looking at me naked, could not care less. She didn't care either. She was just looking me straight in the eye. And I was like, yes, Mom, And she's like, I heard you go to the linen breast and I was like, yeah, being a tower, I'm having a shower on a towel. She goes, what towel did you get? She goes to where I've hung them up and she's just like oh, and I said what she said, this is the good towel. She's like, you can't use these, and I was like, excuse me, dare you? She took the towel from me, went out, folded her back up, put it in the cupboard, and got me this like scabby old towel.
Speaker 4: You know, the towels that have been sun dried and they're all crunchy and holes in them.
Speaker 3: So I was so shocked and also soaking wet, so I got out use the scabby towel. Then I came out to address the situation, and I was like, Mum, what's the problem. She goes, that's the good towel. You don't use that, And I said, I'm sorry. Is Beyonce coming?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Who are you saving the good towel for?
Speaker 3: She's like, well, I can't be sure, but I know that this isn't the moment, and I'm like, what your We had a full on brawl about who can use what towels.
Speaker 5: She's got them ready just in case You're like, Mum, I am kind of a celebrity.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me use what I need to do to prove myself. So then fast forward to that evening. I'm going to get a cup of tea. And now she's got these really beautiful, thin, fine tea cuts, the good mugs, the good mugs. So I'm using one of these this good china. She has a goal of me again, takes it from my hand, empties it, put it back, gives me another cup because you're not allowed to use the quote unquote.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, what am I allowed use? When are people?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Are your parents doing this? O?
Speaker 2: Kate?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 2: What's what's your good thing in your house?
Speaker 1: Hi? Yeah, I've got some beautiful wine glasses that my daughter gave me for Christmas one year. And I used to be very relaxed. You've got good things, you should use them. But unfortunately one evening I was sitting on the lounge and the cat sprang up behind me, jumped on the coffee table, knocked it off and shattered one of them. Yeah, so now now I've got the rule. They only come out at Christmas time.
Speaker 3: But you see, it means you never get to use the good style And isn't Christmas more likely when you're going to have a spill or an accident, Like, shouldn't you be just bringing them out with you and the.
Speaker 4: Lover or husband whoever? Do you know?
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to make any assumptions there, But shouldn't you be using it for that kind of stuff?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: But you know, if it gets trashed in the process of being enjoyed, I don't mind so much. But if it's just me home alone with a cat, not so much.
Speaker 6: It's grim I'm alone with the cat all right, Monica, Hi, what's your good thing?
Speaker 3: I reckon it's totally the opposite.
Speaker 7: Use them.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, Monica.
Speaker 5: I think use the good stuff because you know what, like what happens, like you could end up breaking it with the cat and then it just all goes to waste.
Speaker 8: Exactly, not use it because you might lose it.
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: Can I just say those two different calls, they both sound like one keeps good things and one doesn't.
Speaker 2: Monica's like, yeah, you know what. I'm driving the car as I call you, girls, and my hand are off the steering wheel.
Speaker 4: There's a wine glasses just smashed.
Speaker 2: And the other call goes you so I've got good things I leave at home with my cat. Come on, there's two very different kinds of people. That's why we want here at the pick up.
Speaker 4: We ran a diverse align with Monica.
Speaker 2: She's my people.
Speaker 6: I'm a Monica got all right, let's go. If you missed any of the show podcast, it's on iHeartRadio. I now sleep in a single bed. So if you want to know why you're.
Speaker 4: So cute and cozy, it's cute.
Speaker 2: I'm sore. My neck is sow.
Speaker 3: It's really like regressing back into the day, isn't it It is a child?
Speaker 4: What is the bed sheet like under threads? Anyway, guys, you can catch up.
Speaker 5: You can catch up on the whole thing on our podcast, The Peak Up see tomorrow, Say you guys,