Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell Show three Topic Tuesday, where we give you three phone ins at the same time.
Speaker 2: As always, you're the stars. We're looking for stories about your wardrobe malfunctions, like Donald Trump wearing his trousers back to front. And I don't mean just going for like walkabouts with his trousers on, but how can you actually you put your trousers on back? For guys, is there there's a definitive sort of start in the front and back.
Speaker 3: To them And wouldn't you still have to zip at the back? Yes, yes, but he's Trump.
Speaker 2: They're all going, are you going to say he's mad?
Speaker 3: It's the maddest man ever. It's start screaming at you in the wigger fall off.
Speaker 4: If anything, we should all turn our trouser back to front.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right. Maybe it's a maga thing, you know. That's another. And also how did he go to the toilet in them?
Speaker 2: Ah? Yeah, anyway, we don't need spoke about that anyway. Wardroe malfunctions, old school competitions that you've entered and what was your school speech on You know, when you shudder sometimes when you look back at what you were like at fifteen, you just think.
Speaker 3: What at all? I was singing?
Speaker 2: Yes, I was, Oh god, that happened, you know, Oh god, Mine, I thought it was so wild and rebellious.
Speaker 3: Mind was why we shouldn't have to wear school uniforms. Champion man, the barricades get it out of him him, but the kids love him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jamie, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: My school speech was how can I change the world? One thing mine was do we change our black shoes to Michael Jordan's.
Speaker 2: See these speeches they dated it, don't they. You know mine about white sox that's the eighties shoes, so obviously were you you're a big fan of Michael Jordan.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My speech included if he could play better, we can study better.
Speaker 3: That's a killer line.
Speaker 2: That's a really I mean, Nike should have been using that to sell more shoes to kids.
Speaker 3: And what happened? Did it change anything?
Speaker 5: Oh no, I didn't think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a rebel with a cause like me back in the day.
Speaker 2: Jamie, Thank you very much. You cal have a good day, you too, Thank you now, Good morning, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Christian. My year seven nineteen eighty four speech was about the effect of a thermonuclear weapon hitting my high school Wow, what year were you in? So year seven, so I was thirteen. That was I was a bit dark as a teenager. I think I just watched that, you know, the day after that they document that Jesus ever of me.
Speaker 2: I think I got so many kids of Ora Similars of the eighties all over the world deeply traumatized by it.
Speaker 3: I mean, what were they thinking of.
Speaker 2: Showing us, like, here's the very worst thing you can imagine happening, happening to every single person you love, being evaporating that it was that mushroom cloud, so that it ended on you.
Speaker 3: We're just thinking this is so awful. I don't want to dine in mushroom cloud.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly. And I thought, well, I've got to learn as much as I could about this, and then I went and did the school speech in front of the year seven level. There's like one hundred and twenty people gathered in the library and there was just not a word spoken, you know, it was just absolute dead silence, jaws down, except for one girl right in the scene, so right in my eye line, that was smiling and laughing. And I thought, oh my god, how can I keep this dead pan, straight face a serious nuclear war is serious.
Speaker 2: And did your speech cover anything about the nuclear fallout shelters that we were all meant to build in our back gardens.
Speaker 6: The whole thing.
Speaker 5: I had to build a fallout shelter. How the contaminate your ward out? That was very proper.
Speaker 3: You were way ahead before the survivor.
Speaker 5: I was way out there. Yeah, I was ready for the zombie apocalypse.
Speaker 2: I remember saying to my dad after I saw the day after tomorrow, like, you know that we need because I was really worried about it, and I said, we need to build a and you could have fallen out shelter in the garden. My dad, because he was in like to grow in potatoes and tomato, said the saw was to acidic for a fall out shelter.
Speaker 3: We were do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I read this book called Nuclear ward the fact. I mean they had.
Speaker 3: Everything that's not reading at thirteen.
Speaker 5: Neil, Well, exactly. This is why I was so dark. I think, this is this is this is why I was a dark teenager.
Speaker 3: I love this, Neil.
Speaker 2: We're going to send you one of our limited edition Drinking Amongst the Lidless Stein. It's on its way to you, Neil. Thanks you cools.
Speaker 4: The Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 3: Now, good morning. What was your school speech on me?
Speaker 7: So? I did a speaek in primary school about why camels should have three humps.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a bold new plan for a camel design. And I'm curious, now, why did you think they should have three humps?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Well that a big valid point was that they can carry more water, so I think that's probably what won me over. But another point was that they can also carry another person on them when they're going on trip.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the cameras would love that, beau.
Speaker 7: I mean, obviously they want to carry someone.
Speaker 3: Out one of two, it's not uncomfortable. Same with horses. Why not elongate that to have a jockey? Three jockeys on one horse.
Speaker 7: But I was so convincing in my speech. I remember I got into the district competition for the speech, So I went from my school into another competition to compete with other primary school kids.
Speaker 3: How did how did you get on?
Speaker 7: I didn't go any further than that, but I was pretty impressed with myself that I made it based on the speech content.
Speaker 3: Three camel things top. But who are you trying to persuade that?
Speaker 7: I mean it's not like you can take it before government and go change all the camels.
Speaker 3: You've heard the argument it's water. Well that's great one.
Speaker 2: We'll send you one of our limited edition Lyndless Steins.
Speaker 7: Brilliant guys.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Pete Peter good morning, Yeah, good Peter. And and are you calling in about wardrobe function?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: Would I had a war malfunction. I went into be a contestant on Deal or Ideal a few years ago, and it spent most of the day during filming with other contestants going up with my shirt on inside out, And just before we got called up onto the partium are block was called up. I'd noticed that my shirt was inside out, so I plipped it on the the way, went out, quickly put it over, put it on back the right way, went back in. Our partium was called up, and I actually was ended up calling being called up and put on stage to choose the case. So it would have been on national TV with me and my shirt inside.
Speaker 2: Out, but some sort of mad eccentric how many how did you get on on diner Odell?
Speaker 3: Did you win?
Speaker 6: I did actually end up taking the bank's offer of twenty thousand dollars. Yeah, unfortunately I had fifty thousand in my case, but still twenty grands better than kicking the pants.
Speaker 3: Well, it is better than a kick in the.
Speaker 2: Actually heard that phrase, better than a kick in the pants. Can we do a new competition where we give you a mystery prize and envelope.
Speaker 3: Or a kick in the pants? And I should have gone for the kick in the pants. That's amazing, Peter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's good, well done, well.
Speaker 3: Done, as I still like Trump.
Speaker 2: How do you tuck your shirt back at Eide?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I noticed it. I noticed it because I was about to put a pack of Lifesavers in my breast pocket and I couldn't find the pocket.
Speaker 3: I'm turning it out.
Speaker 2: If I was a TV producer and you're looking around, you know, it's near the end of the season.
Speaker 3: We don't want to give too much money. Wait go wait, wait, wait, you've seen that guy? Is it? Peter? Shut on Match of Frun, Get him to get into the banker.
Speaker 2: This guy's doing nothing, and then they go get him on, get him on, hang on, he's change his shirt.
Speaker 3: Peter. We're going to send you a lidless stein for a great thank you really really made us laugh. Thank you, Peter, you take care.
Speaker 5: Of my Bye.
Speaker 4: Christ You O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Rob, good morning, good morning. All right, old school competitions you ended? What was it for you? Rob?
Speaker 7: It was the primary school jelly bean counter classic?
Speaker 6: Absolutely and what I was myself.
Speaker 5: A guy named Brad and a guy named Mick. We found out which girl was running in the competition and we hit her up on the side and said, listen here, you tell us.
Speaker 8: How many he's in there, and we'll we'll share and we'll share the beans with.
Speaker 3: You agree, perfect crying?
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely do she agreed.
Speaker 3: Did she give you inside jellybean knowledge?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she gave us.
Speaker 7: We made us so we were about five, just five off the total.
Speaker 5: So that did look so fast. Yeah, yeah, no, we did it and we kept the agreement.
Speaker 7: We ld the beans.
Speaker 5: Brad took off with most of them. Yeah, it's always bloody. Brad was a good scam for kids in grade four? Worked out well?
Speaker 2: All right, do you know what tomorrow? Another topic scams you're involved in as a kid. I was obsessed with scams. Weren't you faking things?
Speaker 3: And like that, Rob was sending you a lidless stein.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much, Enjoy your day.
Speaker 3: And you Robbie.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 3: Flipping Brad no skinne for Brad. Brad No.
Speaker 2: By the way, just a little house rules about these lidless stiles. If you're tuning in, go what's a lidless style? It's a style. We just thought it was a stile that you have your beer out of.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful, beautiful item and to be one this week on the show limited edition to mark three years of the show when we turn three on Friday. They're highly commented. Only fifty have been made. We're down to about forty four or so. Don't ask for them or you won't get one. I've just seen on our WhatsApp group for one last game shotgun. You don't ask one. That means you can't have one. Now you've ruined the game. Don't be a Brad. Please, listeners, it's got a Jody here.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Jody, Good morning Christian, Jack and Patsy, how are you good things?
Speaker 2: We're good, Jody, and I hope you were doing well at the moment. Chardy, what was your wardrobe malfunction?
Speaker 8: Okay, this one's a little bit embarrassing, but I'll share it. With you anyway. So I have a really terrible habit of when taking off my jeans of a nighttime, I actually take my underwear off with the jeans. And this one particular day, I wore the jeans two days in a row out with my mum and we were at Bingo. I'm walking up to the lady and she says to me, are they yours? And to my absolute embarrassment, I turn around and there's my aunties on the floor behind me. They had fallen at the bottom of the leg of my jeans.
Speaker 3: Were you again, pattern Were you at Bingo?
Speaker 8: You had to hear that, Yeah, that's that bing go.
Speaker 3: No, I love it Bingo and that, But I just what a look? What are their eyes down?
Speaker 7: For?
Speaker 3: My god? Eyes down? And got a pair of nickers on the floor.
Speaker 1: It's down not idea, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: Don't those old DearS love that Bingo?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: They can get very angry.
Speaker 2: I've seen them like really flare up, honestly, even like Razor Ray would be when they get up there and getting this sort of person that calls it all out the Rosemaster. I don't know what they call that person at the front of They've got all the patrol as well.
Speaker 3: They go click and it click. Two fat ladies at eighty eight. Jody, that's a great call. Thank you much. Would you like a lidlas Stein I would love me. Here you go store your undies in it.
Speaker 2: Jody, thank you.
Speaker 4: Hello Christian O'Connell Show Podcast