Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Was you know you know pauland was?
Speaker 3: Was he a famous chiseler? Gristed up my nostrils? No?
Speaker 1: COVID Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four.
Speaker 3: Hey, come on, it's Friday morning. It's a Christian O'Connell show. Come on in, Patsy morning, Good morning, Jackie boy, morning Gay. What is everyone's plans? We are now heading into a break, so is everyone going away? What are you up to? Patsy?
Speaker 2: Oh this is fantastic, right, I came in this morning. We're going to Queenstown because Audie has never seen snow.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can have the best time.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited about amazing. And I'm that person that has to have an itinery.
Speaker 3: No, because my wife. We got three weeks away in Europe. It's a flipping Spreadshew, you've.
Speaker 2: Got awaver there. It's like peak time. Otherwise, That's what I said to Chris. You know, we're we've only a little window. We're only going for five days. He's only got a week off, and I said, we need to book all these good places we've been recommended. There's no point going over there.
Speaker 3: Actually, to be fair, it's going to be so busy.
Speaker 4: What we just seen on the news they're showing Melbourne Airport and the saying that it's chocolate block at the moment on.
Speaker 2: Holiday, the last day of school. But no, I looked at the weather map and Queenstown hasn't had snow yet. In fact, they've closed one of the resorts because there's not stuff to doud. So I don't know what my family is going to think of that today, because they think we're going to have lots of snowplay and tobogganing and stuff, So please snow before I get there.
Speaker 3: Next, I'll give you a whole list of a whole load of things to do without.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is. That's one of the reasons we went there because we thought there's stacks to do for kids, because she just doesn't want to go around wineries like we.
Speaker 3: Sloshed at London, sleep all afternoon, yell at.
Speaker 4: The sky to snow.
Speaker 2: What are you guys up to?
Speaker 3: Well, Jackie boys a big trips. So I'm off to Europe, heading mat to England, see my mom and dad and my sister, and then you're heading off to America.
Speaker 4: Yes, we're going to see Biancer's family in La and I just because they are all active. Her family overnight while we're asleep, it's daytime over there. I've woken up to some really aggressive dress code that I have to make sure. I now pack a suit and tie.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: We're going to this place called the Magic Castle. And the Magic Castle is a performance center and the Academy for Magic Arts in Los Angeles, and apparently it's really exclusive because you can only go y invite regular people like you and me. We can't walk up to the Magic Castle and knock on the door and ask who's you're in.
Speaker 3: I don't know, some mandician in the magician.
Speaker 4: But my sister in law has got the tickets for a friend of a friend, a magician who got sick and couldn't go. So now we're all going to the episode.
Speaker 3: So why have you got to get dressed up?
Speaker 4: Though I don't know, I'm waking up this morning to Banker's sister in capital letters. Everybody please note evening dress codes strictly enforced. And then she's sent inforced. I mean, I know it's a strictly enforced and country, all right, So this is a copy and paste from the Magic Castle web site. She says formal suits or coat with shirt and long tie, bow tie, bowlo tie, ascot or full turtle neck.
Speaker 3: I've never heard so many ranges of ties, even full well.
Speaker 4: It says full turtle neck than in brackets. Mock turtlenecks are not acceptable. Dress slacks with close to shoes, no dnim of any kind, no pants with rivets, no casual wear.
Speaker 3: What appends I mean to be fair, I get feeling a lot of that is mainly aimed at them. Australia the rivets.
Speaker 4: At all times. All guests in certain time must keep their dress shirts tucked into their waistband, keep their neck tie properly tired so that the not is near's the collar. Keep their suit jacket black. We're moving throughout the.
Speaker 3: We're smarter than you've ever been before. Just to go and see some magic.
Speaker 4: I love this note. It is acceptable to remove one's jacket only while sitting down in the dining room, or to wrap another guest who is cold.
Speaker 2: It's like down to nevitt I don't even know.
Speaker 4: How you pack a suit overseas. Do you squish it in the suit?
Speaker 3: Go on YouTube there'd be some way where do you I think you meant to roll it into a kind of cylinder and then wrap it in like glad wrap, you know that stuff you see some people go and get their suitcases wrapped in. Yes, do that, and apparently that's better than just folding it into like fours or quarters. Yes.
Speaker 4: The last thing I want to do is get to the front door of the Magic Castle. And they turned me away from Creeses to Crumble Too, Crumple.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 3: Podcast, It's going to too. This week's double thumbs up, Patsy, what are you giving your double thumbs up to? What are you into this week? Yeah?
Speaker 2: We had a delightful little trip, a little cruise along the Era. I've wanted to do this for years. Actually, every time we're in the city and we see the boats jetting along the water, I've said to Chris and RDS, I'd really love to do that one day, like have you know a lunch cruise or something, and they're like, oh, yeah, right. Anyway, we finally got to it the other weekend and I have to say it was utterly delightful.
Speaker 3: So is that one of those little ones like the o boats or whatever.
Speaker 2: You no, you can you can hide like there's so many different options. You can hire little dinghies down there. But this was like a someone drives the boat like a captain drives it.
Speaker 3: Someone just wait until someone gets in the front. Off you go shoving around.
Speaker 2: They no, it's Melbourne River Cruises and you catch it down there at south Gate and there's all different cruises. We did the two hour cruise and it goes all the way up to the top as far as you can go and back again.
Speaker 3: It was like a cold sack at the hour at the top of it. At the top, give it a three point turn in this whole boat thing.
Speaker 2: But the views coming back.
Speaker 3: Because you're at the top of the city, aren't you know one of those log rides. I'm sure you just go a long ride at Lunar Park.
Speaker 2: Then they've got a commentary and it's it's really great for kids if you're looking to fill in some school holiday time.
Speaker 3: The captain was, I mean, what is that commentary going to be after a while.
Speaker 4: Through this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, once you've done the sports pre seats and you get out.
Speaker 2: Well, do you know why the Yarrow River is like a chocolate milkshake. Why why it looks so brown and dirty?
Speaker 4: I think it's because did they they dug a new path for the Yarrow River?
Speaker 3: No, what that is true, because I remember going on a little gondola tour at the Rawal Botanical Gardens and the guy was telling me that, yeah, they just changed the course of the river. They dug it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the mixture of the salt water from the open ocean coming here.
Speaker 3: Brown.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, but it's the mixture of the salt water and the bottom of the Yarrow River is very very clay like. There's lots of clay soil, so that mixture it sort of trundles it all up and it's very bright.
Speaker 3: There's more commentary on jumping in the flip. That's the start.
Speaker 4: Topic.
Speaker 3: Come for the boat, stay for the clay talk ording, and.
Speaker 4: There is no exiting the boat until the two hours.
Speaker 3: There is buy some of this clay at the gifts shop.
Speaker 2: And there is a little island in the middle that you can get off and walk around and have picnics. No there is, but it's brilliant. So there's different places that you can get off along the city.
Speaker 3: So we got over back to somewhere interesting.
Speaker 4: What the first one?
Speaker 2: So we just got off at Docklands. It was it was brilliant Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Melbourne.
Speaker 4: You got for Docklands. So that's no.
Speaker 2: We did the whole trip and then came back five minutes backwards.
Speaker 3: The other were just pulled up anchor drop me off right there.
Speaker 2: Walk the plank. I'm really annoyed about this because I had to make it double thumbs this week because they're getting rid of fantales.
Speaker 4: I saw that.
Speaker 2: I'm not happy.
Speaker 3: Oh about dentists aren't either. I mean it was literally bank pot and the whole dentis industry in this country.
Speaker 2: I sent the Love God over to I g A the other night when the news came out, and I said, you know, need to go and stockpiles some fantasm.
Speaker 3: No one bought a telling news. That's what they're getting rid of them, probably just a break as they were.
Speaker 2: No they're saying the equipment to make them needs replacing and it's going to cost too much money and no one's buying.
Speaker 3: That copp out.
Speaker 2: But I'm really I'm really sad because what these mean mostly to me is not only are they yummy, but we have them every Christmas. Mum has them every Christmas on the Christmas table. It's just a tradition she's had. So that's why I've gone out and got some, because I don't want there not to be fan tales on Christmas Day.
Speaker 4: Without the novelty of having the facts on their wrapper. They're just a kind of crappy.
Speaker 3: It's going to get their movie trivia detail. The Paul knew was in Color of Money, where they gonna know stuff like that about Steve goodenbook.
Speaker 2: But they did it to the poll waffle, and now they're doing it to the fan tails, which is what's next.
Speaker 3: Culture Gone too far, Patsy.
Speaker 2: I know, it's just it's just not on. I'm not happy about it.
Speaker 4: You know what you said bok me about the fantastes. Sometimes just the rapper would be cut off at the end, so it'd be like like who is.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show Podcast?
Speaker 3: Every Friday, we go around the team tell about the things we're into at the moment. I'm off back home this weekend, just a short little flight. It's about to England. We're going via Italy, okay, and by my dad and his girlfriend over to Tower Mina. Tell me no. If you saw second season of The White Lotus, that's where they filmed. It's beautiful there. They also film The Godfather. Dad's a big fan of Godfather, so am I. My dad and I are doing this The Godfather Tour together.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't wait. All right, double thumbs up for me. There's a brilliant TV show on Amazon Prime, the Making of the Godfather, not a documentary, dramatization that is incredible. It's called The Offer ten out of ten for me, really really good, almost as good as the movie itself. And then, if you love good music books, have you read many music books over the use, Jacobey, I know you love your music.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I read The Beatles one that you gifted me for that, and I read Scar Tissue Anthony Keyes.
Speaker 3: It's a good book. Actually, I enjoyed that. There's a great one I've just finished reading. It's about Bruce Springsteen. It's called Deliver Me from Nowhere. It's about the making of I love Bruce Springsteen. He's my guy, but that album Nebraska is my least face. It's unlistenable. However, if he hadn't made that album, he made it literally his bedroom on a cassette player, away from the East Street Band, after he had his first number one album, The River. So if he hadn't got all his demons out of him with this album Nebraska, which is just unlistenable, there would have been no follow up album which was born in the USA, which made him the big globalmerga style. Anyway, this book, it's interviews with Bruce, people around him, musicians these days talking about the influence of this Bruce's favorite album, but for the fans, it's the one you don't want to hear any songs from and you go and see him live. Bruce loves this album. It's like it's his holy grail. To me, it's like it's like the death Start. It's just like, oh my God. But this book about what he was going through the time, is the story. You really get to know Bruce Springsteen way more than actually his own autobography Born to Rome, which I loved, but I still felt at distance from what it's really like. It's I read it in two days. I don't think you need to be a big Bruce fan if you love music and always interested where it comes from. It's an incredible book, really really good. It's cool. Deliver Me from Nowhere. Warren zanes A is a guy who wrote it. Used to be in a band in the eighties that Springsteen used to jam with as well.
Speaker 4: I'm now I want to hear this album in Nebraska, somebody who's a big fan.
Speaker 3: I love you know, I love it.
Speaker 4: It's unlistenable Jack. I've just sort of imagine like Bruce in his house, like.
Speaker 3: That would be a till upbeat. It's a guy working out his issues and we didn't need to hear all of that.
Speaker 4: Bruce, all right, Double thumbs up from me. Quickly, before we get to the news I mentioned last week. LightScape at the Botanical Gardens is amazing.
Speaker 3: Boo Books yesterday. When we get back, we're all going to that.
Speaker 4: You'll love it for adults or I mean kids, especially Gordon loved it. And then my favorite Australian sitcom of all time, The Adventures of Lana, would be. You could not find it on streaming anywhere. You only had to watch it if you had the old DVDs, like you said, tapes. It is now finally streaming. It's on binge. Oh wow, somebody mess One of our listeners messaged me during the week because I've said before that you can't find it anywhere. They said I just found Lena would be on binge, so I can't wait to watch it again.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Here's the time or time waster Today we're looking for your shoe fans. Who is on stage at Shoe Fest twenty three. I tell you who? Jackie Boy, Yeah, Mondo, Kroc, Gold, Gooley Kid, Joe, Oh, Silver Puff. Patsy's favorite workday shoes Jimmy Shoe Eat Worlds, I wis Gold Fleetwood Airmac for the kids and Thong Thong Jones Silus Jackie Boy, what have you got?
Speaker 4: Shoe bands, flip Flop of Sea Gulls.
Speaker 3: It's is referenced silver Major Lacers. That's very good, Gold, New Kicks on.
Speaker 4: The Block's good gold and Death Cab for booties.
Speaker 3: Death ca for Booties is gold plus.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey Christians, Al Patsy, I've done that Melbourne River cruise as well as fantastic. We found out why Punt Road has a kink in it. It was two families arguing, so you give me a bit of it, you give in. Suddenly, punt Rod's got a kink in it?
Speaker 4: Wherehere's the kink in punt road.
Speaker 3: We're trying to think it's a it's a straight road. A bit. I drive on the straightest road in the city. I'd love to go back on it, Michelle, and look for that mysterious kink of those two families arguing, all right, so extra time on the waster. What looking for your shoe bands? All right? Shoe bands, Motley Shoe silver, high Top, Hoods gold, Kid Croc silver, Thongs, a Ie gold, Boots, Springsteen Gold. That's good Christopher, Harry, Converse.
Speaker 4: Junior, Oh God plus.
Speaker 3: Very good, Mark and Seaford, well done, boot Springsteen in the E Street, Vans gold, Motley shoe heard it, Lacey Gray gold. That's very good, Edward, well done, Christa Berkenstock gold. Nice one of Shane, Stevie Kicks gold, what Samuel four non thongs God, very very good, shoe too gold, Chris we done, silent Ah, I see sorry Stelett to toe Stelettote silver, Park Snoop cloggal Snoop Clog is very good. Riley at crippoint and Thong Funk MC always good to end on a Bomb Funk one. Well done, Jennifer Grant brand new one this morning Camping bands Ber.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question Know Carl Show.
Speaker 3: Podcast, Jack posts you are an enigma. Jack has just shared with Rio and I in a studio offhand that he's in a WhatsApp group. One of the members is Pac Cummins. Pac Commons single handedly transformed the Ashes for Australia in one of the what is widely being described by even the English reporters over there, who upset that we lost by one of the great performances by an Ashes captain. Jackie Boy hasn't sent him a message despite in a WhatsApp group with him. You've got Pack Cummins's phone number. You haven't even said hey, like a double thumbs up or and everybody in the groups a little Bear's emoji.
Speaker 4: I've never met Pat Cummins, but he's in this footy tipping group I'm in and any lead's friends with him, so that's how he's in the group, and everybody's sending him after the historic win there, calling it like amazing, Wow, what do we watch? I didn't want to send something because cricket is not my number one sport. I know, but I didn't want to accidentally send something that would give me away, like what you going to do?
Speaker 3: Great goal something like that. But ive the Olympics.
Speaker 4: And I didn't want somebody me to write something and then everyone to call me out and go like did you even watch it?
Speaker 3: What a knockout? Will you fight Tim soon next? But then but now you look rude. Well now I'm Tim Payne. I'm looking through everyone else. How many of you were in this group? Was it a big group?
Speaker 4: Or there's eighteen people in the crow?
Speaker 3: But I'm now looking through all. There's one guy a single message, Jack Posts, Australia's biggest, the most influential influencer.
Speaker 4: Well I can't do it now. Two days later, just you can't do it.
Speaker 2: I knew you'd be bombarded. Just kidding.
Speaker 4: Pretend I didn't say the score, Hey taped it, didn't course, just caught up with it.
Speaker 1: That them The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: In an hour's time, Mom's dad's kids get excited, grab the phone. Taylor Swift tickets in my two daughters this house this week they're at fever pitch about Tata coming during two nights like it had sharing did at the MCG next year in February, tickers gone sell next week we have two double passes to be one at now's time.
Speaker 2: Already excited by this, I'm trying to keep it on the down low because there's no guarantee you of getting tickets next week.
Speaker 3: Put it this way, Pats, you are right. So I sit yon Lois. She's the super super Taliswift pan right. She can tell you any situation got going on in your life. She would pay because I can wine so many and Taylor to go with it. Right. And so she was playing me this song the other day, and I know that when she plays a certain Telewswift song, I know that she'd had a bad day at school. So went up there. When you have a tough day to gay at school and she goes, how do you know? Because you're playing The Witch by Teliswift. It's like her little sign. So anyway, when I got home from work Tuesday, I said, hey, listen, exciting news. We're going to give away the first pair of tickets, which would have been Wednesday for Taylors Swift, and I'll find out how would we go about getting tickets? Anyway, I was off sick Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday she gets up and also my wife said, look your dad's and bellies off sick. Today's not gone. And she comes bounding into the bedroom right turns the lights on and she goes, today is not the day for you to be sick. I don't feel well. I can't. So we got teenisift tickets to be won in an hour's time. Before that, what got taped over? If you were a charter of the eighties and the early nineties, then your videos were the Holy Girl. They recorded your TV shows. It wasn't like on demand like it is now, or there was no YouTube or Google. Wing could rewind and watch clips whenever you want. You recorded your things and then you had on big capitools. This is Christian's video and pulling off the little tabs, remember the little tabs, and no one could tape over it, but brothers, cousins, everyone would tape it. Used to be a sello tape over that little gap. That little thing used to break off the tab. So day, we want to know what got taped over. Christian I accidentally taped over my stepdad's wedding video to his first wife with Greece too sure.
Speaker 2: It was next christ Doable.
Speaker 3: Debbie Accident recorded over the ultrasound of her some with Hey Hey, It's Saturday. Heather Davies an interview with skid Row that was on MTV when they came to Australia in nineteen ninety three. I watched her every day. It had the video clip for I Remember You with Sebastian Baut looking mighty fine on it. I wrote, do not tape over, and my dad didn't give it a second thought, sticking tape over that tab section recorded a Grand Final over. I still hold a grudge to this day about that. All right, So the day we want to know what got taped over for me?
Speaker 4: I had rare footage. Christian my dad taped over Green Day were on a live music show that they used to have in Australia called Recovery every Saturday morning, truly live, so much so that they took the house band band's instruments and being the punk rock legends that they were, they sung a song with f words through it, but there was nothing that the ABC could do to stop them. So that became rare footage because the day days before YouTube, there was no unless you had the tape, there was no way you could watch these the swear words come out. Then my dad taped over it with state of origin.
Speaker 3: It's to what replaces your holy grail? Isn't it? The state of honors? In a grand final for the skid Row Interview, all right, what got taped over? Ninety four one four one, four to three. Give us a call this morning for a Call of the week, the best caller we got on the show today you get one thousand dollars in cash thanks to Mercedes Ben Sperit.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're asking you what got taped over? Taking you back to the days of video cassettes. Does anyone still own I've still got some videos cassettes that I can't better get rid of. I still found some the other day of some old episodes that I've recorded. If you want to come around, guys, I've seinfeld. Even seeing my handwriting and stuff like that is strange. So big and clunky video cassettes now they look really ancient. Have you still got any I've got a wedding video as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our wedding video which I've got to get put. You know, what's the latest technology now for wedding videos where they.
Speaker 3: Give you a little thundral. Yeah, so you can store it on your backup on that because.
Speaker 4: Neither of you have v VCL, still plug and do no.
Speaker 3: I'll almost get one again now though, and still put them in because there's a clunky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've still got mine.
Speaker 3: All right. So nine four one four one four three? What got taped over? Morning? Lucy?
Speaker 6: Ah, Hi, Christian, how are you going?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Lucy. I hope you have had a good week, Lucy, what got taped over?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 6: When I was about sixteen, I stayed up and watched all of Live eight, the Three Day Concerts, the Bob Gelder concert, and I taped every act every three hours. I would change my video over. I would have an alarm seat in case I fell asleep. And my whole collection of video is my brother's taped over with football games's.
Speaker 3: My sister taped over Live ed with Black Beauty, the movie She's in the Horses. We're still not good. Because of that, I lost all the Springsteen, I lost the YouTube, I lost the Queen bit all that recorded. They were flipping Black Beauty. YEP, it's our pain, Lucy. We'll always have it all right, Lucy, have a lovely weekend. Thanks you calling.
Speaker 7: Thanks you see Adam.
Speaker 8: Good day, Christian Aga on this morning. Mate.
Speaker 3: I'm good Adam, and I hope you're traveling well. So what got taped to over Look?
Speaker 8: In nineteen eighty seven we had our first family trip. We went over to Western Australia. Dad sold the Taranta, I bought a Torago. We traveled over on the nuther board and he bought a brand new camera and that nineteen eighty seven. It was one that went over your shoulder, that had a battery packed that wait about ten kilo pretty much. They're pretty much out of vhs that you had to put a normal sized video into as well. So he was carting that around for two weeks. And imagine the weather over in Wa. He was sweat lock at gypsy with them. All inch were two weeks. Mate, didn't see anything out of his own eye, didn't see a thing out of his own eye for two weeks, just video filming. So that was It was at the time of the America's Cup. So we filmed the America's Cup. We went to a stadium, massive hor show.
Speaker 7: My brother got pulled out of the.
Speaker 8: Crowd, and so Dad filmed that. That was quite special as well. So after the two weeks we got home and the tape sat up in the cupboards for about ten years. And one day, all the crappy ones that we had underneath the vhs so I was sticking of them, they weren't working properly, so I jumped up in the cupboard, I grabbed one from the stash and I filmed one of my favorite episodes of X Files and recorded that, mate. So so, Mum and Dad were quite devastated that a first family holiday. Moulder and Scully. Nothing beats them, not even a two weeks with the wa Mate, what.
Speaker 3: A story even has taken us back to how big and clunky it was like, mate, swing all that gear would have been like Spielberg filming a movie.
Speaker 8: He had one shoulder strap over the left side that was hanging off the batsy pack on his right hip, and another another one over the other side to his left hip, and then the camera on his shoulder. That's bigger than any cameras that you see in any news stations today.
Speaker 3: Mate. They would do it huge, weren't they.
Speaker 4: I remember my folks would hire them at Christmas couldn't afford to buy one, so for two weeks over Christmas they would hire that big over the shoulder one. They took a full VHS in the actual camera itself, recorded straight.
Speaker 8: Onto it exactly right, and by the time we got that back, Dad was like, I haven't actually seen anything myself for two weeks. He's looking through this thing for two weeks. And then ten years later we went to dig it out for just a family night and yeah, Mom and Dad sat down and watched up an episode of The Bols.
Speaker 3: Adam, thank you very much you called me.
Speaker 8: That's okay. I have a great weekend. You two pats in Jack.
Speaker 1: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Taking you back to the taste of video cassss VHS players taped over. Good morning, Chris, good eye Chris, and a you going, oh good buddy. So what got taped over? Mate?
Speaker 7: I used to do a lot of scuba diving when I was younger with a couple of mates, and we've been obsessed with it really and we went up north to force the Ton Curry and I went diving with the Great Nose sharks. I never shark dive shots with sharks before, and anyway, went up there and one of the guys in there had a video camera, so they taped it all and I've got a copy of it off him. Super proud came home. It was the only footage I've ever had of me scuba diving. I was touching the sharks, which you're not supposed to do. I was doing all. You know, it was pretty cool anyway.
Speaker 3: You're not supposed to for several reasons, mainly because they're sharks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but they're harmless. The great nurses they just look ugly, but yeah, no, they're pretty harmless.
Speaker 3: How did you feel it filmed that back in the day with a video cassette?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was That was the ironic thing, because I was pretty pretty rare that people had video cameras back then, and especially to go underwater. So I was super proud of it. And one day I got all my mates around the show on the video yeah and home, and I came on, let me, let.
Speaker 3: Me just let me just forward wining this old man tape a bit of Who's is it back on tomorrow.
Speaker 7: I think we're having a bit of a biffo at the time, so I probably didn't purpac Wow, what a story of revenge.
Speaker 3: The old home and away move.
Speaker 4: You're not meant to touch those shocks. No one will say that.
Speaker 3: You must have been you must have been so angry.
Speaker 7: I've kind of devastated for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, incredible story, Chris, Thank you very much, your story mate. Have a nice weekend.
Speaker 7: I'll just give a quick shout out to the Diamond Valley might a ten and a half.
Speaker 3: Of course you can, yeah, shout out timon Honey. All right, Chris, good on, nice weekend. Thanks guys, I'll see your son collect Good morning.
Speaker 7: By Christian A.
Speaker 1: Gang.
Speaker 7: So I'll set the scene for you. I'm twelve, thirteen years old.
Speaker 5: I met a girlfriend's birthday at the Sydney My Music Bowl when you could go there and skate on ice during winter. The Graham Kennedy Knight Show happened to be there filming and they were looking for someone, a great actress to skate around the rink and fall on their bottom multiple times.
Speaker 1: That was me.
Speaker 3: That was my moment great actress was discovered.
Speaker 5: So I told my parents and we taped it and it was going to be my audition tape to take and become an actress and.
Speaker 3: Filling his next movie with kids who were good skaters.
Speaker 5: Yep, this was going to be my This was my moment. Years later, I'm looking for that tape. I put it in my Crowning Glory and there's a Swan's game on it.
Speaker 9: I go to my dad, Dad, this is the only footage in the world.
Speaker 6: I cannot text this again, and he's like Swans and they won.
Speaker 3: Wow, no take on, no Hollywood, no Hollywood career. You killed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tony Lockett got.
Speaker 10: Collect no Hollywood career.
Speaker 3: Collect Thank you very much, your story mate. Have a nice weekend.
Speaker 2: You two bye.
Speaker 3: And they squeezed Damien in here before pass his headlines, Good morning, Damien.
Speaker 10: Morning Christian.
Speaker 3: We'll got taped over well.
Speaker 10: First of all, I'm a I'm a massive Guns and Roses fan, and when I was fifteen, MTV had a special on about one am in the morning, Guns and Roses Live at the Ritz.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 10: I stayed up all night to record it, fell asleep halfway through. So a couple of days later I went to watch it and there was an espon football game my older brother had decided to record over.
Speaker 7: Top of it.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's heartbreaking, up she isn't because everyone we've spoken to. Although they're laughing about it, showing the story, there's still that part of them that's still so angry.
Speaker 10: Oh well, there's a little a little bit of a payback twist to it as well. He went to school camp a week later, so all his cassette tapes over. At the start of the side A and side B, I record a little voice message for him saying, don't touch my stuff.
Speaker 3: Genius, genius payback.
Speaker 10: The payback was great and he was quite upset about it. But the final twist is fifteen years later. So Christmas, he bought me a DVD gund of Roses Live at the Ritz.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 3: That's great, Jamien. I love your story. Thank you very much mate. Have a nice weekend, you doo. This is the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Every week when we hear a great story in a great call, we give you one thousand dollars thanks to Mercedes, Benz, Berrick, Chris. We're just coming about we loved your story about what got taped over, and we're going to give you one thousand dollars for our caller.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, that's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you can have an Exo special weekend now. You're our caller of the week. You win one thousand dollars. Well on, Chris, Ah, you're a legend.
Speaker 7: Christy, thank you.
Speaker 3: That's all right, enjoy it well. Thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick. The all new GLC has arrived at Mercedes Benz Berrick. Book your test drive today. All right, let's sell your stuff? Can I sell it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: You can?
Speaker 1: Where on the radio.
Speaker 3: NATO strip with us Champagne radio guys. All right, lines are up and now nine four one four one four three. Let us sell it your stuff. We've got young Spike on the line. Who's twelve. Good morning, Spiked, morning. Oh he's happy to be calling us. Hey, Spike, welcome to the show. Thank you now, Spike, I get the feeling that your recorders a little bit reluctant. Has Mum or Dan made you call me? Not really? All right? So what are you selling?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: Can we try and get some cash?
Speaker 7: Boots?
Speaker 3: Okay? What type of foddy boots have you got? Added?
Speaker 7: As predators?
Speaker 3: Predators the best?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: Why are getting rid of these? They don't fit anymore?
Speaker 7: Just hanging out the boots.
Speaker 3: It's had enough.
Speaker 4: You're retiring mid season, Spike, You're retired from Spike.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just had enough of the game. Yeah, test too much sometimes and it for the best. Pretty peaked. And so are they in good condition?
Speaker 9: Yeah, they've only.
Speaker 7: Been used for like half the season.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll put that. We'll let people know it's only and use my heart foot season. What size are these predators? Nine? Size nine? All right? Okay? And how much are you after for them? Fifty dollars fifty bucks? What do they normally cost?
Speaker 10: I think we've bought in there like one sixty.
Speaker 4: Good deal.
Speaker 3: It's a very very good deal, all right, Spike. We'll see how we get on, mate, We see how we get speak to a pensioner. We see how we get on. Thank you. That's quite a right now. That is what you call happy customer. That is what it's like to be twelve this time of morn though, to be fair, isn't it? It's what Jack slight when he comes in.
Speaker 4: I go, hey, Friday, what.
Speaker 3: Those hormones are on their way in that young man's body? Aren't they? Fire? And pay for body?
Speaker 5: More?
Speaker 3: Do you want to speaking man on radio? Don't even like that show? Good luck negotiate with him. That's all I'm gonna say. What a hot deal we've got. Just give him the fifty bucks piece. We can always get on with their lives. Nine four one four.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Next week, Jack has a real, live, big situation. Trying to press and bond with your father.
Speaker 4: In law is a guaranteed terrible experience awaiting me next week. As my father and Laura said, he wants to bond with me more by taking me to the guy.
Speaker 3: I just want to draw your attention to your body language. Right now, you have your hands on your head, which is the universal sign for I surrender.
Speaker 4: Like I'm being arrested in to say, your father and my fate. He wants he wants to play a special round of golf with just me and his other son in law, This guy called Brent, who my sister sister in law married last year, who is the All American quarterback that you imagine, just the perfect son in law, lawyer, rolling in the money, rolling in the golf shots. He loves golf. They both love golf, and I rolling in the golf shots.
Speaker 3: We can carry on for now, but we will come back to this rollings.
Speaker 4: Whatever I bring to the golf course is not going to be rolling. No, because I've only played golf enough times to know that I can't hit it straight to save my life.
Speaker 3: This is a high stakes game, right, even if it's just you and your father. A nightmare. Now, are you playing against the favored brother? Yes?
Speaker 4: So I imagine them keep hitting it straight, and then they're chatting the whole way while I'm going into bushes and ponds and getting retrieving the ball.
Speaker 3: That's how it's going to go. Well done this you want me disappointed?
Speaker 4: I kind of even imagine for some reason, they're both in a golf cart together and they're like jogging.
Speaker 3: Behind me, dropping off here guys.
Speaker 4: So I said that I just need to learn how to hit it straight by next week.
Speaker 3: And I went, that's easy in golf.
Speaker 4: When I said that, I expected real golf coaches to come to my aid and say, look, i'll take you under my wing. I'll tell you how to hit it straight. You'll be all right. And then somehow I got Tom, who's our producer, not a golf coach. The person who's coaching me yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Just says, as you understand the kind of vibe that Jack, you probably would have dealt with you yesterday, drill sergeant. Basically, Tiger Woods had that very strict old man Earl Woods. Earl Woods played by Tom producer here sometimes just a manner of an undertaker. How was he undertake the driving Rangehow even you coming back to the show? I messaged Tom yesterday's day, Hey, feeling a bit better. I'm going to come back. I'll be there for tomorrow's show. And they went, I guess I go get the show ready? So yeah, yeah, okay, it's the weekend.
Speaker 4: Shut it down more blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Bla Taylor Swift tickets. I'll put that kid on, calm him down. Put that to Spiker, got my see you like that? Anyway?
Speaker 4: Tom said, were booked in two thirty yesterday, meet me there, And I thought that maybe a coach would be meeting us there, but I got there. It's just Tommy.
Speaker 3: What do you have? Plus fours on a visors?
Speaker 4: He bought his own clubs. I had to hire my clubs from the simulator. So it's one of the not a real golf friends. You're at this like simulated great fund. Yeah, really good fun. And he started off really well. All he said the first time I was at the ball was keep your head over the ball and swing through it. That's all I want you to do.
Speaker 3: Swung through it.
Speaker 4: He did pretty well. I was like, Tom, this is great. Then what unraveled next was the most complicated series of golf is like, it's.
Speaker 3: Your grip, it's your knee, it's your ankle, it's your hit.
Speaker 4: Oh, choke the club, kiss the glass.
Speaker 3: Strike used to say, just kiss the glass.
Speaker 4: At one stage, you got a different club out and put it at my feet and squared my feet up, and he said, now I want you to do when you're on the golf course with your father in law next week. I want you to do this for every shot.
Speaker 3: Oh that looked great, he said, welcome to amateur hour. Hang on, get my tray square out of protractor.
Speaker 4: He actually said, they'll laugh at you, but you'll laugh at them when you're hitting it straight.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: My favorite he had so many catchhrases, but my favorite of the ball was every time I find they got onto the grain. He goes, Now you're on the dance floor.
Speaker 3: So at the end of it all, do you feel a bit more confident about the match? Next?
Speaker 4: The only thing I'll say so I was still slicing the minute. Everywhere they were going hooking, slicing, but I finished on a straight hit and he said, we're finishing now, so that you remember that and that's what you take away.
Speaker 3: And that was two minutes into listens. As he was getting in his car. Put the hours on Don't Matter.
Speaker 1: Goo Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Big news this week in my house, Teddyswift is coming to an album coming to Australia on tour February. Like ed Sharing last year, two nights Friday and Saturday night at the MCG. This era's tour is incredible, twenty five different outfit changes. If I sound like a fan, it's because I am. I will be there. My daughters made it clear I will not be there with them. I'll be somewhere else. Trust in my favorite era, will it be Evermore, which will got a couple of months again my gear on guys. Anyway, this is big news. We have tickets to give away the go and sell next week. So Frontier pre sailed on Wednesday and then general public on Friday, and then if you're lucky enough to have American Express you can get your horse on Monday. My daughter yesterday she said a sent she said, listen to I don't know if you reassure me you do your best to get these tickets. She goes, I really, I really am very very worried. So we had to sit down have a proper dad daughter chat. Yesterday she said, do you give me your words, because you shouldn't ever give you a kitchen work. I have it. I went, I'd do my best. We should want to get worried. Now, normally can get the tickets. Went, but it's Taylor Swift. It's really really going to be very hard, and we're going to be in Italy next week. I've got to get up I think it is at three in the morning, try and get these pre sales. Then she goes, no, but if it's American Express, it's on the Monday when I haven't got any American Express cards. Get one, get one? You just wander into cold Do you know how the world were just get an American Express cards leaving the country. Doesn't you interested in a sixty year old brain? The world just works like that on demand instant now, Dad, So yeah, it's at fever pitches. Are you getting this as well with Audie?
Speaker 2: Yes, I am, I am, But You're right. You've got to downplay, downplay the excitement because you might not be able to deliver well.
Speaker 4: Even the meltdown on the phone. It's like, this is the first time I've ever seen it where it's kind of crash. We've got some calls chemic coming through, but it crashed half the phone line.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 4: At first, I thought, don't judge.
Speaker 3: Me, but I did it. Lois, I Lois, she won tickets. Don't judge me. Guys, my dad in need. All right, we have not just a pair, two pairs of tickets before they go and sell nine four one four one oh four three. Tator Swift is coming to the mc GEN February. You can be there right now. Tell us why you want the tickets, Craig Christian, give me the t Now. You a fellow dad like me. He's a Swiftie. So I am good Man, good Man. I'll see you there. Now, are you trying to win these? Four? Me and you? I'm coming. Let's go screw the kids. They get so much from us. Let's just have a night for us. Eras baby, Craig, are you trying to get you for the kids?
Speaker 10: Yes, for my daughter.
Speaker 4: Craig. If you can only have them for you and Christian. Would you take him?
Speaker 3: Yes, you have to think about that. It's too much hesitation. So I tell you what. You ain't getting them. No, Craig, you can be Dad of the year. You're getting the first pair of tickets.
Speaker 10: Oh you are awesome, fantastic.
Speaker 3: Now enjoy. I hope she has a great time. You've got a pair of tickets. Well done, dad, Craig, thank you.
Speaker 10: Thank you very very much.
Speaker 1: Going it for Christian Connell's show podcast Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: You've got another pair of tickets to see Taylor Swift next year at the MCG.
Speaker 4: Where we give away pink tickets. We'll pay, then we'll play.
Speaker 3: That's how we do it, the old click and bait. All right, another pay of tickets to be one right.
Speaker 9: Now, James, Christian give in the SAE.
Speaker 3: Is this this is another dad trying to win them for the kids.
Speaker 9: My sister, sorry, my daughter, I should say, was screaming at me to the call.
Speaker 3: Just want to clarify this is for your daughter, not your sister daughter.
Speaker 9: This is for my daughter.
Speaker 3: Okay, you could be.
Speaker 4: A year now.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we cleared that up. James, how old is your daughter. She is ten eleven this year, and just like super excited this week, I'm about trying to get the tickets.
Speaker 9: Oh absolutely, yeah. We we're with strapp for cash. So I didn't promise her buying any tickets this year. I'm pretty bad. I guess if I kind of bought it. So, yeah, trying to win it was the next best thing. And yeah, she actually made me pull over on the way to school. So I'm sitting at a service station trying to help her Winnow, tickets.
Speaker 3: And what is your daughter's name? Scarlet? Scarlett? Let? Me chat to Scarlet quickly, Now, okay, there you go. Hi, Hello Scarlett. So you're a big Taylor Swift fan. Yeah, what's your favorite album? Which? Which one's your favorite album?
Speaker 7: I like the song shake it Off?
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a great song, that isn't it? Now listen, would you like your pair of tickets? Yeah, Scarlet, you can have a pair of tickets. Scarlett, you're going to see Taylor Swift. Yeah, don't shake it up? That'd be great. And are you going to take with your Scarlet my dad chains and Scarlet, you have a great time at Taylor Swift. I'll see you. They're well done. I'm glad it was you guys.
Speaker 1: Pleasure enjoy the Christian O'Connell show podcast tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I've got to move this big ass fridge out of my kitchen now. I don't know if you've ever tried to move a fridge before. They are they're dead weights with that trange, mysterious bottle in the back, free on zen on, whatever it is that's in there that keeps that fridge all cold.
Speaker 2: And you're not meant to tip it over on a certain direction, are you? Or rex the fridge because of the gas thing in it?
Speaker 4: Is that a myth?
Speaker 3: Everybody said, I think you can lay it down for a short amount of time. It's almost like the fridge doesn't know what you're doing. But if it's more than a couple of hours, he goes, Oh god, now do I get down here? No, no, no, no, no, your milk is not gonna be cold anymore, my friend, You know this about us fridges, keep us up right, don't put us down, not bellies. So anyway, I've got to a friend come around, and I was hoping to get it done today. Oh yeah, well he's already trying to get it twicetually can you come around just at five o'clock on Friday this week, can get it done. Then we can all get on with the weekends. We went, Oh, I'm going to the Saints game, went at five o'clock. You know, we have a few beers aforehand. So it's come around tomorrow to do it. What tips I think I'm going to do the blanket bit right because we've got the building floorboard, So get a blanket underneath it. Slide slide, slide, slide, slide to the front door. Then I don't know what next. Well, let me get out and go on holiday.
Speaker 4: Let me be a recent warning. Remember I scratched my floor two meters across the floorboards. Moving that piano is good. I think you have the magic blanket under it. I don't know if a blanket, if there's something sticky under there, it's going to scratch.
Speaker 2: Haven't you got a gurney on wheels?
Speaker 3: No, that's what sort of real man.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what they put somebody in an ambulance.
Speaker 2: It's what they call it. Trolley things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you get those at Bunnings?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got ours at Bunnings.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'll go get one of those. Then I'd feel like your proper sort of that's probably like dad stuff, isn't it? And the mount rushmore of ultimate dad stuff. That howm one of those? You can buy a mind date. I've got one.
Speaker 4: It feels like specialist equipment to me.
Speaker 2: That is very handy around, but you can.
Speaker 3: You can lug a fridge with that glove.
Speaker 2: God uses it all the time, all the time, wheeling already to score.
Speaker 4: Now want the fridge over there? I put it back on the north.
Speaker 2: We kept borrowing dads and he said, you know what, I think I need to get one and it's priceless.
Speaker 3: We borrow it. Linda out and this is what they say on Antiques Road show, some Bunning's gurnie. But what you have?
Speaker 4: So Christian was telling us about this Patty, and then Tom came in and said, you have to strap yourself to the fridge. That's how the real removals start doing. And then describe a series of straps that you wear around.
Speaker 2: Your shoulder and on your back.
Speaker 3: I think it was someone from sexy Land, so I sort of play.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: No message It from bogged down Christian. Most of the fridges have a set of whales at the front. So rock it towards yourself. Yeah, bog down that. I'll be under that fridge. My wife will finally claim on the insurances. Squish it on me slowly.
Speaker 4: People who do wheel these on a motorbike. I always thinking, how are you not going back to Yeah?
Speaker 3: No exactly, I'm not going to pull it towards me up under it, but thank you. Bog dwn that's my wife's fate name, by the way. All right, so on today, one.
Speaker 4: Of the merecats, I'll push it from the back, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, really put it towards you get him? Kids, this is our moment right today on the time waster you can win Stan three three years and great shows on Stan. Watching it last night with Jorge and I watched two old episodes of the UK original series of the Office. And if you're looking for a really chilling thriller, great TV show Luther came out a couple of years ago. Did you ever watch Luthor?
Speaker 2: Chris loved it?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's sober starring the and it should be the next change bond Idris Elba. What do you like Patsy on Stan?
Speaker 2: The whale went and saw it, or Witt and saw it in my lounge room, Witt and saw it with popcorn.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other night with Brendan Fraser his Oscar winning performance. He is brilliant in this Gosh he's good.
Speaker 3: And Jackie Boye, what about for You?
Speaker 4: One of my favorite shows in the last few years was Normal People, brilliant coming in age drama by two brilliant actress actors, Paul Mescal Daisy Edgar Jones. I mean I cry and everything, but cried it all.
Speaker 3: The way through it. It's a heartbreaking, beautiful TV though. You know what, Paul Mescal, He's google him now. Sony Light's hitting the gym, He's getting his swollen. He's gonna be He's starring in the new Gladiator movie, Son of Maximus. Yeah, he is. He's going to be the Gladiator too. I think Russell Crowe hopefully's going to be in it as well.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was expecting more ripped when you said that, Oh, listen to this guy. Okay, he's got he's got abs, but I mean he's not Chris Hemsworth's thore No, don't compare it to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, so you can win it today on the time waster camping movies. In a survey by Relationships Australia, camping was found to be the number two on the list of activities that broke partners up. I'm not surprised it's.
Speaker 4: Camping ones. I went camping every year with my dad's I just assumed that I was good, which is you and hear more family without He took all the kids, So I thought I was good at camping. Then I rocked up to the first night camping with Bianca, and I realized that my dad had done all the preparation. I didn't even have matches to start off.
Speaker 3: But you can't take someone camping within the base.
Speaker 4: I had to go to another camp side and ask if they had matches.
Speaker 3: All right, we're looking for your camping movies. Camping movies The Tent Commandments, Gold, conn Airbed Silver for a few dollarses, Oh love a Small Yeah, who doesn't? And Buffy the Campfire Slayer Gold. What have you got, Jackie Boy for a camping movie.
Speaker 4: Similar to that, I've got Interview with the Campfire to Gold, Sleep Bad in Seattle, Gold plus Ten Things I Hate about You?
Speaker 3: Also Gold.
Speaker 4: Third Remember recently you talked about the Australian film Strange Bedfellows, not really strange, Marshmallows, I'm way to go nowhere, Bronze.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Today's time Waster. We're looking for your camping movies. Beston show. You're win Stan free for a year. All right, camping movies, Honey, I blew up the Mattress Gold, well done, Luke throw baked beans from the train, Forest glam Gold broke back, Jacob Silver, the hand the Rocks to Hammock silvera pitching Miss Daisy Gold done. Don throw Mama from the swag Silba Steve the Full tenty said, The Full Monty is very good. I love the Full tenty Hooky. Well done. When Harry pegged Sanny naughty stand for you moving on four wheel driving? That's more I like it. Good ground, the fault in our top, the faults in our top?
Speaker 4: Gold?
Speaker 3: What on? Joe Edward sizzlehands tried something on the fire, the Martia Mellows Andrew Coleman, well done. When Harry met Smelly o Gold inflating mis Days, That's very good. Travis Caravan, Wilder Silver and Jacob Park instead of dress part very baked Beans from the train. All right, then who's winning? Stand for you? Which one do you like? Jack?
Speaker 4: Let's give it to full tenty wel done.
Speaker 1: Hoo Christian Connall Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, we are holding go are separate ways all over. Patsy's off to New Zealands. Have a great time. It's a beautiful, beautiful, spectacular place. Loas to see and do there that is off the Queenstown. You were off to America, California. So is this the first long, long long distance fight with young g Man Baby Gordon.
Speaker 2: No, we took He's already gone through.
Speaker 3: That kid's got Springsteen. He's done so many world chores.
Speaker 4: It is ridiculous because then he went to Italy with.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: Enjoy going back home, Christian.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you very much. Yeah, going back to the UK C Mama Dancy, they can meet their new fifty year old son. Don't changed that much. And then when we come back, when we come back, we are back with a billboarders back where you can put any message live during the show on your billboards. And we're very excited about this. The Golathon is coming back because the Matildas will be an action one now to put Australia and train all the children. When the childers score a goal, do you win some funky stuff? Mister O'Connell's goal of We love it when they score a goal Wind Mantil, they score our goal wind cool stuff. You don't need need to tell you how it works. He's done it in the song. That's what we're coming back now. Do you remember I didn't think you saw the note Last night, Our nervous producer Tom was like, I need to come on during the show that I've got a whole list of words to avoid when you talk about the goal of now have you I haven't seen the list.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't seen the list.
Speaker 3: When we gotta be careful what we say now, Tom producer is gonna be real squeaky bum time. When we come back. The Global Kickball Competition will be on.
Speaker 4: Where can we say ball?
Speaker 3: Tom? We just had the only copyright for that. The Kickball comp Petition will be on. Then Matilda's are competing that one of their games is right here in Melbourne. Every time they score, can we say goal? Yeah, we're getting sued. That's what's happening in the next three weeks. We're all going to prison. They score a goal, you score stuff from in U S. Yeah, we got through it all right. We will see you very soon.
Speaker 1: Christian know Connell's Show podcast