Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast, Jack.
Speaker 1: So you had a bit of a shocker yesterday.
Speaker 3: Came out of the radio station to find I had a flat tire on my car. Didn't notice till one hundred meters down the road.
Speaker 1: How does it work with the Tesla? Well, what did you got in the magic moonbeans?
Speaker 3: You don't have a spare actually in a Tesla, which I never thought about until it went flat, and then I thought, well, what do I do?
Speaker 4: You get?
Speaker 3: The first thing I thought, it's like I have to call Daddy and find out how to change a tire.
Speaker 1: It's like something that was a succession.
Speaker 4: But I was.
Speaker 3: I'd driven one hundred meters before I realized, and by chance, just a bit further down was and Mechanics. So I walked in there and said, am I can I get my tie fixed here? He came out and looked. He said, we don't do tesla's because they're so heavy. I guess because of the battery, don't We don't have the proper jucking up a quick He said, do you have a spare? It's like, no spare, no equipment to jack it up. So you do have to you go on the Tesla app and then you say I've got a flat tire, And then they sent out a guy with a spare tire. I didn't even wait around. He said I'll be ninety minutes away. So I went home and then came back later on it and he had by then he'd done it because he said, you don't have to wait there. I can do it without getting into the car.
Speaker 1: How amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But then the thing is I was parked in a two hour park where you meant to feed the meter, and I knew I was going home to leave the car and come back later. So I wrote a note on the front windscreen and said I've got a flat tire. Please don't give me a ticket with a little smiley face on it.
Speaker 1: See I saw this note with a smiley face, right, and I thought, someone's going to see that. You've got a flat tire. There, you're out the way, you're not blocking anything. Yep, surely they're just going to go. They can't can't be move. You've got a flat tire. You can damage your car.
Speaker 3: Came back put on my pushbike, ticketed, Oh you joking, that is tight.
Speaker 4: You know what I.
Speaker 3: Should have done taken a photo of the flat tire to prove that it was really finn I.
Speaker 5: Write you a letter, hope, But.
Speaker 1: I think Jack, you can go online. You put that really unnecessarily long infringement notice number in, which is about eighty seven hieroglyphics, and I'm lout you put that in, and they have photos. They have to take photos of it, all right, and then you can contest it.
Speaker 3: The thing that could have happened is the ticket inspector came along after the guy had changed the tires, so he might have had to look around at my tires and gone, they don't look flat to me.
Speaker 1: They're not going to do that. Have you seen those people that are off for sleep, aren't they?
Speaker 3: I really thought the note with the smiley face, and then he would go, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Looking to brightness day. I mean, it wants to be doing that job, and I would. I love it.
Speaker 3: The milk of human kindness someone, I see you as a human.
Speaker 1: I put that my Pinterest page, my parking Pinterest.
Speaker 4: Page, but no luck.
Speaker 3: So I think I will appeal it, to appeal it, and then maybe I can. I actually asked. So the guy from Tesla rang me back later and said, hey, did everything go all right? And I said, do you have a version of like a doctor's note which I can give to the council to say that I really had a flat tire?
Speaker 1: Good question? Does he He.
Speaker 3: Doesn't know, Well, they should get but he said, what I can do, I guess is gives you timestamps of when you contacted us to get the tire fixed.
Speaker 5: Get a screenshot of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and basically bogged them down with admin and photos and if because it doesn't matter it's ninety dollars, make this guy and his mate Petrina girlway please shut it down.
Speaker 5: It's what's fair and reasonable. But I think that is fair and reasonable, Like, come on, I've already.
Speaker 4: Had a bad day. I don't want to park there.
Speaker 3: I'm only parking the intentionally?
Speaker 5: Did it?
Speaker 1: Do you think? Though? Sometimes I guess why someone might just think, oh, yeah, right, try that one on that. People try that move every day when they just dump their cars somewhere. Yeah, they're picking up dry cleaning or having an unfair or whatever doing I don't know, And they go, I've got a flat tire right now?
Speaker 3: Yes, because if it had it work, then I came back without a ticket. I probably would have pocketed that.
Speaker 1: This is why they did it. We can't have nice things in the world because then people take they use it.
Speaker 2: But Christian Show podcast.
Speaker 1: So bad time to get a flat tire? And have you ever had to leave a note after Jack left one yesterday? So it's kind of flat tire. Please don't find me still got fined despite the addition of a very kind, friendly smiley face.
Speaker 3: Or we're going to take it to the top, aren't we, Patsy.
Speaker 5: I'm already I've started the letter Jack.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Please just let us know what's the Patsy if you if you're not familiar with the show, Patsy is one hundred percent of this. He is the best. I honestly think you could earn like you should advertise an air tasker. You don't, by the way, years ago you should see the advert for like earn hundreds of dollars working from home sealing envelopes. I thought, is there I could maybe do an hour of that in the afternoon or something that you could earn money doing that just for an hour today? Writing off those emails of my calling, well, you do it very well. You know you're a wordsmith.
Speaker 5: So that's about what's fair.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, I think you're strong, respectful. It's not it's not an angry letters respectful but strong.
Speaker 1: What Patsy has right sciousness, the rest of us will go have side to bother you and straight away and that's weak. Yes, So what's your opening line? What do you start? How do you open with one of these? What would you say?
Speaker 5: Well? Thank you to whom?
Speaker 1: Do you go to whom it may concern.
Speaker 5: Yes, to whom it may concern it, counsel, thank you for your time. But I believe the serious misjustice has been dealt.
Speaker 1: There's been a miscarriage of justice here. The scales of justice are what sided way.
Speaker 5: I think with parking tickets, Jack, it's like a cat has nine lives with parking tickets, you have one. Have you ever appealed before?
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever tried to get off on a parking.
Speaker 5: I've got a good track record if you'd appealed like three or four times and no, hope.
Speaker 1: So did you think they have they have a sort of they know if you're.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: All right, Dean, You've got a story about leaving a note so.
Speaker 6: Many years ago I was backing out of my driveway and didn't notice the car there was opposite officer of the driveway and ran straight into it. Is significant significant damage to it. And tried to find an owner and went up and down the street, and finally one left a note with my details. About two weeks later she rang me and said, yep, got your note. I'll get some quotes to get the car repaired and I'll get back to So I'm waiting for a quote to come in. Hadn't heard from her for a couple of months. And next thing, I get a Christmas card because it was around that time of year, and wishing me a merry Christmas, and don't worry about the car because it had been written off two weeks earlier, and wish me a merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Such a lovely story, Deane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not for the card, not for the owner of the car.
Speaker 6: She had the forethought to send me a Christmas card and let me know about the giving me a Christmas present.
Speaker 1: So she's giving you good news. You don't need to worry about it anymore. That's right, Dan, I love that story. Thanks to cooling the show. Thanks guys, Aaron. Yes there you're going all right. Aaron, what's your story for us? Mate?
Speaker 7: So I pulled into a car park a couple of years ago and as I stopped, the witness this car very slowly rolling across the car park. You must have not done his handbrake properly, and of course it bumped into another car. And then probably two minutes later, the bloke comes running out of the supermarket, jumped in his car and took off. So I left the note on the car for the person who owned it, and two weeks later you got a phone call and said thanks for witnessing the coptum to chase it up.
Speaker 4: So yeah, no, you got.
Speaker 3: The number plate and everything, did you, Aaron?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've got them, play of the car, got photos of him, got photos of the car and him taking off as well, and yeah, gave it to the lady as evidence.
Speaker 1: So wow, Daney like Aaron, like a good super citizen. There what you got to do?
Speaker 8: Sometimes?
Speaker 1: You know, I got to do some good So yea sometimes sound.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: But Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: How was your day yesterday? Patsy? What do you get up to?
Speaker 5: We had a birthday party yesterday afternoon, but not who you would think it was the dog's birthday. It was Presley's birthday today.
Speaker 1: I mean probably he probably was sat up right at a table in a restaurant and while stuff sang to him. Presley Passy's dog is human sized Mason Cogs. I saw Mega Cuman.
Speaker 5: The Mason Cox if the dogs, he's a Marema. He's an Italian shaped dog. If you've seen the movie odd Ball, that's the sort of dog we've got. He's absolutely majestic and gorgeous and very very spoiled.
Speaker 1: Majestic is sort of thing you would say for horse, and that is approaching because he is like the size of how many hands is Presley.
Speaker 5: About fifty record?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he could race it flaming turn and no one would think it was odd.
Speaker 3: What's that the dragon out of Never Ending Story?
Speaker 1: You're right, yes, he.
Speaker 5: Does look like that. He is so tall, he's up to my hip. So when I get home from work, what he loves to do will jump up and both his paws will be on my shoulders.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's a hell of a huger.
Speaker 5: Again, and his head will be over the top of my head and he actually having.
Speaker 1: A slow dance or something, cheer.
Speaker 5: His dands as tall as our dining table, which is very convenient for him. So no, we always celebrate his birthday. I don't know if you.
Speaker 1: Attack you and you make the cake or you are the cake, so youish your choice.
Speaker 5: And Mum and Dad have always got in on the egg. So they get him a present and he gets a cake and we do it when already gets home from school and we.
Speaker 1: Have the image of him stood up like and he's blowing out his candles for easily just out of one.
Speaker 5: Nozzle anyway, So we got him a present. He's present this year was a pigsy. He always gets a pigs He only when we.
Speaker 1: Are open dugs go when we casually get that all that what's that shoe as well that you can buy the horrible looking sort of shoe.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's like doggy jerk beef jerky.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, rolled up into a shoe that they can Why do they love the pigs here so much? How do they know that pigs here is like so nice?
Speaker 5: I don't know, but he just he We also get one on a Friday, I have to say, when it's shopping day, and he will actually sit beside the bench because he knows it's coming.
Speaker 3: Every Friday's tree, so it's not really special on his birthday because he's getting Friday anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we get a takeaway on a Friday. If I got that for my birthday, is it? Wait a couple three days, we're all getting this and he loves it.
Speaker 5: You can barely wait for you to cut the plastic off it because they kind of shrink wrap it. Only when we opened the one last night, it still had some of the piggy hair on it.
Speaker 1: It was so gross, Like the pigs have hairy today is like an old man has hair middle aged pig that they use.
Speaker 5: I had a little pink piggy you know what. I felt, really bad I felt.
Speaker 1: But Presley was like, oh, this is a bit better than that normal Friday one. Now with that gone, it must be my birthday.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Jackie Boy, what's going on with you?
Speaker 3: As soon as you have a kid, the dog's social status in the family drops so much, goes back to being just a dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She got drawn on this week by Gordy.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's weird.
Speaker 3: Markers hit me with the like any time you leave any kind of pencil text of pen around he's going to find.
Speaker 1: So has he done the walls yet?
Speaker 4: He's on the walls, and.
Speaker 3: Because we want to eventually we want to do a renovation.
Speaker 4: We moved into this old house.
Speaker 1: And wait until they've left home or twenty and so the.
Speaker 3: First time you draw on the wall, we're like, we're going to renovate eventually any way. So now it's kind of a free for all.
Speaker 1: He's got another couple of years of banksy behavior in him up until about four or five, so don't be painting anything for the next couple. Then his start basically like all of your stuff gets tagged everything. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He then he drew he used pin on the couch and we're like, well, that's the couch we actually want to keep, so stick to the wall.
Speaker 1: On your media. You work best on the walls, Gord.
Speaker 3: But he hit Luna's white fur this week, and he's very proud, what with with a yellow marker and a green marker. Maybe they were highlighters, and he's very proud to show us, like look at look at Luna's Luna's head.
Speaker 4: It's like, who did that?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 3: Like Luna is the most she's just so patient with him, not he loves her so much, but she tolerates him, is the best way to say it. I took him out for a walk last night, and the soccer team across the road is training again.
Speaker 1: The team a while ago. When you first moved there, you would you were trying to pluck up the courage to go and train.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: I met with the team. I never trained with them. I decided soccer wasn't for me.
Speaker 4: The ball gets kicked off the field and like rolls over to me. But my god, precious, pretty huge pressure.
Speaker 1: You've got to return. Did you look around if there's anyone else nearby or running after the ball that's near you? Otherwise it's on you.
Speaker 3: It's just the three of us, and the team looks over to see, Oh, there's a pedestrian walking along. He'll kick it back to us. But I've got Gordy on his trike racing away one way. Then I've got Lunar off the lead, running one way. So I've got already. I got two things I got to keep.
Speaker 4: One more.
Speaker 3: Excuse it if I may. I had my crocs on.
Speaker 1: I said, if anything ever kicks off, they're not the footwear for action.
Speaker 3: They've got two modes. They've got this speed strap on.
Speaker 1: The back, so there's not a spe Shame Bolt didn't rate the world record by putting on his Croc speed strap.
Speaker 3: So that if you need to move faster or in a sports mode, they're going to hang onto your sapt's name or they've got or you can move that speed strap up and then it becomes more like a slip on, so you're just slipping on and off. I've got it on slip on mode, so I'm very worried that if I kicked the ball, the Crock's going to come off as well. Huge pressures, pressure steaks from the spotlights on you happy to say I managed to kick the ball back.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 1: Even messy. Would have been scared that if he's wearing if he's wearing crocs, he's not messy. He's just a dude in crocks. Well done, Christian Connell Show podcast. I've done something to my back yesterday, just when I thought I'd got through the day, got through the day, spend on all right day, getting in clapped bed in a minute and that's the end of today. Business closes for today. And then I bent over to pick up a T shirt to put it in the in the laundry bin, and I was like, my god, damn it, the closing business.
Speaker 4: Things on the floor.
Speaker 3: Second, things on the floor of the back's worst enemy.
Speaker 1: Said to my wife, it's not good for me to pick things up you've done to me. It's actually broken my back. My body was so shocked tidying up. Look what I actually broke into a cold sweat. You know when the pain something changes your coulters out what happens. Even now, I feel slightly clamming and sweating. I couldn't even I thought too much ever to get in a cartain driver. I just get an uber And then you were pulled up to the radio station here, and I saw my beloved colleague Jack going through the electronic doors here, and I didn't want to try and rummage around in my bad to get my electric pass. But I couldn't shout out your.
Speaker 3: Name loud enough because you're in too much part of this.
Speaker 1: I was like Rose and Jack on the door the Titanic. You know what, it just just falls out your mouth about Unlessie was an inch away, you know, you were like quite a distance, like one hundred meters away. Yeah, I don't know what I was actually trying to speak, shouting to your inside of your head, but suddenly was a little bit closer. The doors shut on me, and I was like, that is today.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: Perhaps I reckon he knew. It's like when someone's trying to get in front of you in traffic and there's a lane closure and you're just looking ahead. If I don't move this eye, I'm not away. You're there, even though we both know I'm I'm really away. You're there. You know you just see them merging.
Speaker 3: I saw you in the reflection of the door. I thought, I don't want to wait.
Speaker 1: For the sh.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't do that to Batman.
Speaker 1: No, I need you to go into your medicine ban pats. Have you got some of those under the counterpaincos old horse tranquilizers. The other thing I need to advise on is yesterday again, I shouldn't be looking after laundry have full stopped. I've accidentally dyed my daughter's dressing gown. She's had it for years, right, it used to be white, it's now horrible gray. What did you put it in with black jean?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: No, you don't.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a low temp but.
Speaker 5: It has Do you do this intentionally? So Sarah doesn't ask.
Speaker 1: She thought, it's just a twenty minute wash. What damage can be done in twenty minutes of life? It's the blink of an eye, it's a third of an hour. What damage can be done in there in twenty minutes?
Speaker 3: Have they knew jeans or old jeans? That's the problem.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: Once things have washed a few times, I feel like the color can't I don't know if there's much.
Speaker 1: It's okay, it's a full tone of cartridge. You know when it comes off in your fingers a bit? Does it? It's this peak colorless?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So can I remember that? You can get a bottle at the supermarket. I don't know if it's called color run, but you put it through your wash and it gets rid of what shouldn't be there?
Speaker 1: How how does it reverse it?
Speaker 5: It's got magic little fairies in it?
Speaker 1: So how does it know what color it was? Though?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I guess it just takes it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you know what does it use? Nano fiber technology?
Speaker 4: I use one of my mum swears by, doctor Beckman's.
Speaker 1: Color Run doctor in front of anything.
Speaker 3: We get this so called Doctor Bonnards. And sometimes in the show, I look and I go, what doctor is stopping his day and going to make so.
Speaker 1: No doctor, doctors shouldn't have a side. So what's this color reverse called.
Speaker 9: It's called Doctor Beckman's like color run removal. It's amazing. I put a white blanket in earlier this year with a.
Speaker 1: Blue silk, and I put it in my thumb. I'm shoving in my mouth me to help you. Dr Beakman.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: It sounds like some British sort of miserable TV shows sent in the fifties. Dr Bekman investigates.
Speaker 9: But it got it died, my entire blanket blue, and it got all of the blue out. It's back to a perfect sparkling white.
Speaker 5: Oh, a little white bottle, a little white box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a so is it powder or yes?
Speaker 4: You put it in just with the washing, and you can do one or two.
Speaker 1: So I resh it, you rewashed.
Speaker 4: Don't put the genes back in there, because I.
Speaker 1: Was thinking do they reverse and talk to each other in there?
Speaker 4: It's got to put the color somewhere.
Speaker 1: I think I've got something of yours.
Speaker 9: It's not like a sort of swamp. Just put it in by itself with doctor Beckman's secret Solutions, Secret solution, and it'll be back.
Speaker 2: To you, I promised the Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest with you. What do you guys like it? I use it every day, the tap and go.
Speaker 3: I find it very straightforward personally.
Speaker 1: But you've drawn a line in the sand. You could understand. The other line of that is for people like me who are I use it every day and I actually get I actually get performance anxiety. I get the phone out and I do the I do a double click yep, right, But then something happens, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I agree min to doing the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 5: I don't know? And I look like an idiot. I look like that fifty year old mother at the counter, which I am, And then and the young.
Speaker 1: This happened to me fifty fifty for a while.
Speaker 5: When I got my nails done on Monday, I actually forgot my debit card and I said, oh, hang on, I've got Apple Pay. I can pay Apple Pay, but I didn't know how to use it, and she kind of rolled her eyes, like, oh here.
Speaker 1: We go again. I know every day I'm causing myself a lot of emotional term or.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, so next time you so you do double tap. That's correct. You got a way for it to scare in your face? Do you wait for the scam?
Speaker 1: No, that's why I'm double tapping, right. And then it's sort of something happens and then I try and stare.
Speaker 4: At it, right, Yes, that's the face scared.
Speaker 1: No, but then it goes away. And then it goes and they go, you might want to try that again. So and they go, all right, you know he'll be all one day and they go, and then and then it goes and then there's that that shameful thing of a codin idiot, and I'm like, I don't want to give in that easy, Kitlin. I was even chatting to kitin last week and I was buying us a coffee. Kaitlin, you saw us when he went what are you doing with your phone? It was actually didn't want to see me like this. It's like peeking behind the curtain of the Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 5: It was very troubling. You were trembling your hand.
Speaker 1: I was actually trembling. I guess the bloody you. How I hope this works this time? What are you like with it?
Speaker 9: Caitlyn said, you don't. You're not doing a double tap. You're only doing a good tap because I remember she came back.
Speaker 1: No, she came back and she came to the office. You can't make this as a leader.
Speaker 4: A single tap. Doesn't that just turn your phone off?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think it just goes to blank scread either doing too faster? Atti attached.
Speaker 1: I think I'm doing one and a two. I do a three taps. It's as the way. It's more code.
Speaker 4: Pretend Rio is the cashier and show us what you do.
Speaker 1: I would do this double tap, and then you don't let her scan your face.
Speaker 4: Scan your face?
Speaker 3: What it's double tap?
Speaker 4: Then it needs to know you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought, I do the double tap, So I'll do this. Thank you, scan your face and then it sort of does something. Then I got to scan the face, and then then I go again. Then the whole dance we go.
Speaker 3: Why are you trying to pay first?
Speaker 4: Then do the security when she comes first.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of guy I am. Take my Money's such a good deal. Order ninety nine cents from Maca's drive thing coffee. Take my money.
Speaker 9: It is so annoying when there's some person in front of you and you're just trying to pay and then you're not good at this.
Speaker 4: I've recently gotten better.
Speaker 1: Yesterday you said I do that as well. What's changed?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay.
Speaker 9: What I used to do was I was facing the phone down and so the scanner was on the wrong side. So I was actually went through years of this performance anxiety keeping people behind me. But then I realized they go, oh, just flip it up the other side, and so it should be face screening, which I didn't know.
Speaker 1: But now I do that, and now I am my single tie. So take me through a scan step.
Speaker 3: One, double tap. You're getting that right. Then you're trying to put it on the scanner too quickly.
Speaker 4: It's going to watch it. It's going to recognize your face.
Speaker 1: Phone stays with me, double tap, and I go, thanks, those coffees, I'll get those in a second.
Speaker 3: A little smiley face will come up scanning your face.
Speaker 1: Scan it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then it will give you further instructions. Then it will say hold to tap.
Speaker 1: Right, Brave New World, Thank you, team Glad.
Speaker 2: We had that chat Christian O'Connell show, Go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show. I was catching up with Sue our boss, and she was telling us about her mum who was a cheap O parent. I've never had anything like this, Yeah, her mum. You don't like the paper towels you buy them? They are dirt cheap, aren't they? I mean, what are they?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Three cents? If that probably zero point three cents? You be going per towel? She would when they'd use paper towels when she was a kid, she would her mum would drive them out with hair drice. They could be reused. Wow, I'd never heard of that. That's a new level of cheap o Perrington. It's one thing to mix you remember the cordial drinks. We had a soda string, sohm ago, you don't need to go out of the milk. Get a can of coke or can of pop or everything. You can make it at home with that awful kind of sugary syrup. Mix in with like carbonated water and then hey, presto, you've got your own Dr Pepper right here.
Speaker 3: Why don't you invite your friends over and then.
Speaker 1: Have a party after school. Friday will come around for some week out Dr Pepper. We're a confused stories about having a cheap O parent.
Speaker 9: Rio my dad is the king of the Cheapo parents. Back home, we used to have a pool, like a completely full, normal backyard pool. Since all the kids have moved out, he got lazy with it and it's just become empty, completely dry pool. He then got a letter, maybe that last year from the council saying we need to come over and do a routine pool gate inspection. It's going to come, of course, yeah, to make sure, you know, obviously, like for safety reasons. One hundred and fifty dollars, but you have it's mandatory. And Dad's like, well, there's no water in the pool. So he calls up the council and says, don't buy the coming over. I'm not paying one hundred and fifty dollars, like the pool's completely empty. And she said, well, if you're not using the pool for anything else, even if it's empty, we still have to come and inspect it. You're kidd it, And that goes we are and we're not, and she said, oh what are you using it for? And then just off the top of his head, he goes, oh, it's a rock garden.
Speaker 3: Now she's like a rock garden.
Speaker 9: It's like, so if we came over and just just checked that it was a rock garden and you wouldn't have to pay the one hundred ffty dollars a year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fine, come over.
Speaker 9: So he then spent the next like probably ten days scouring collecting, collecting rocks and just Cory literally like going down to the tip, like we live near a beach.
Speaker 4: He was pulling back these. He's seventy seven.
Speaker 3: What's he going to find at the tip? People who thrown their rocks away?
Speaker 9: He's got discarded pool like blocks, like tiles that he's just like chucked in the bottom of the pool.
Speaker 1: Now it just sounds like it's got It's honest, Mum hates it so ugly.
Speaker 9: So now in our pool where it's just like a nice empty pool before, now it's just full of random jumps and stuff.
Speaker 4: And it took him so long.
Speaker 1: Basically he's got a skip there skip and everyone just like it's free throw, it's a pylon.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's just hard rubbish, just so he wouldn't have to pay one hundred and fifty at the council.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what let's tick it to the.
Speaker 2: Man Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Talking about cheap o parents because my mum used to use soap powder, you know the stuff you washed your close in to also wash the dishes. Wow, it's so fine. And this sort of fuzzes up soapy plates and cut them strange taste to my Tagni Telly. So you have to buy any washing liquid. Also, my dad used to draw this is sad. This isn't cheaper, this is just sad. My dad used to draw a line on his coat bottle every night so he would know if anyone else would series is screwed.
Speaker 2: You had.
Speaker 1: Half who has been doing it a line life line? Uh, Christia, My mom used to make us and whenever used to go around to a relative's house or around to a friend's birthday party, and they used to have those little sticks that you would have little tiny sausages chippolatas on or cheese and pineapple to keep the little sticks and take them home with us to clean them up. And news again, they're less than a bark, aren't they? I mean, yeah, they're two bigs. Christian, My mum hasn't brought Oh, she's gonna love you for saying this, Christian. My mom hasn't brought new underwear in years. She uses my brother and eyes old briefs. No, your poor dad. I mean that is a form of contraception. That is a passion killer, isn't it? Are those the lads?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Actually know, I'm got aheadache coming on. Actually that is all kinds of those trading Christian My mom. These are amazing, Rick Thomas, My mom used to put in the in the milk bottle half water, feel sick, half water, half milk. I've never heard of that Christian. Up until I was eleven, my dad used to say it was under six to save five bucks at the footy. He's got a de voice, though, Tim, that's great. Let's go to lines now we're talking about cheap cheap o parents, Andrew, So tell us about cheap O mum.
Speaker 10: And my dear old Irish grandmother. She was always watching her pennies when we were unwrapping our Christmas presents, used the supervisors to make sure we didn't rip it too much, and then she would take the wrapping paper, iron it and reuse it again the next year.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is how many years could she get out of one pace.
Speaker 10: I'm not too short, but she was. She was very good at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hello, Tanya So cheap her parents.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my parents used to make us say that our glad wrap and take it home and reuse it.
Speaker 1: How that stuff is so hard to use. It just sort of like a spider's web. It just sort of collapses in on itself.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it can be, but we used to have to once we took our language out, we'd have to fold it back up and place it neatly in our lunch fot.
Speaker 1: Like it's a napkin.
Speaker 8: It's similar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how it's hard.
Speaker 3: To use even on first years lead alone. It's already sticking to it, even.
Speaker 1: Just getting out of that really aggressive box that it comes in, with that overly serrated edge, which is like sharper than anything in the world, isn't it. It's so dangerous. I get I get nervous using that stuff, trying to tear it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, we reuse it for two three days and then we get a fresh piece on the next cham.
Speaker 1: Thursday, change it Thursday, Tanya, thank you very much? She killed me? Okay, bye bye, Carl, Welcome to the show. You had a cheapo parents?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, my mom four and twenty piles used to come in a little plastic bag rather than heat up the whole ovender. Heat up one little.
Speaker 2: Pie for me for lunch. Mom used to boil it in a pot of water.
Speaker 1: That is disgusting.
Speaker 6: No, you grow up with it and they're okay.
Speaker 1: Then it's not crispy, more sweaty.
Speaker 10: Lit sweaty and foggy.
Speaker 2: Water.
Speaker 1: And no, Carl, that sucks all right, can't thank you very much. You call.
Speaker 3: Can't say any better than that.
Speaker 1: This time new feature called that Sucks.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: And if you guys get any of this Marley spoon.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're all right.
Speaker 4: What's the other one we've had before?
Speaker 2: Fresh?
Speaker 4: Hello? Fresh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sort of thing.
Speaker 3: They send you each ingredient right down to like a little packet of pepper exactly right.
Speaker 1: So it's this easy during the week, so you pick what meals you want. A box turns up once a week and it's like an air drop. The guy, actually the odd post guy often I'm not that much. He just chucks it over the fence. It's sort of laughs, right, and it's got like ice in there and stuff like that. And then there's literally each meal is in contained in a bang. The meat is all freshly parrots and sealed and they's got these ingreens and step by step recipes stuff like that. My daughter said yesterday had a very long day. She said, I'll make dinner tonight. I wasa my god, thank you so much. Anyway, I notice that we're going to serve up this sort of katsued chicken curry that she's made from scratch. It's slight an hour. She's going the chicken, the chicken, and she's cut it in half. I don't want to be in micromanaging, but I'm looking at a shoulder and she's the chicken. Chicken ain't looking right, you know, And I'm thinking, you could be real careful with chicken, chicken, chicken, well ng And I goes that chicken all right, and she sort of snapped it do you know what I'm doing? And I was like, okay, okay. She ses some of this chicken though, Dad is that it looks pink in the middle, and went pink, pink in the middle. But I said, I have you been cooking it for She says I've done it for twenty minutes. I said it shouldn't be pink and it lives twenty minutes. Have you got the temperature on the oven right.
Speaker 4: She was like, I know what on the oven is?
Speaker 1: So anyway, this is going on, and it actually starts it's looking watery.
Speaker 4: Are you eating?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, she starts at the pink bits. I just go leave them on my plate. She's going, no, now, I've done that anyway, because you want.
Speaker 3: To be a supportive dad, but a yeah. At the same time, you don't want to sell Menella.
Speaker 1: No, they need me alive from a couple of years. So I say, if you got the meet thermometa, she's got to meet to moments. Why let me sound quick. Look at that. It was on Fahrenheit. Oh oh, so it was saying, because chicken needs to be seventy five actual. When I put back forty seven, I was about to eat forty seven degree chicken. That's a long way off seventy five. I would have been in a world pain.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show, I have a question from the mums and dad's listen to show right now, and both of you two, Jack and Pats. Okay, both of my daughters have recently, in the last couple of weeks start to call me mate.
Speaker 4: I'm so disrespectful.
Speaker 1: I'm not a fan, not a fan, right, and I don't know whether this is a thing and I should just get over it. But I keep saying to them, I'm not your mate, right, I am their friend, but I am most their dad. But I'm setting like They go like, mate, what you doing now? I'm like, listen, I'm not. You can't speak to me like that. They do it with their mum as well, and we were like, yes, so should should we be okay with this? I went, my instinct is no, it's too well. You know how I am with my daughter's right, we're really really close.
Speaker 3: But that may may actually doesn't feel close to mate. Is when you don't know somebody's name, they may you get that.
Speaker 4: Can you pass with me?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 5: Oh no, I think it's a term of indeed, but it is a term.
Speaker 1: Of indem for Australia, but not for your mum.
Speaker 5: Or it's glad they're talking to Audrey sometimes.
Speaker 1: Oh trust me, they're always talking to me, mainly demands or corrections. You actually can't say or think that, dad, it's offensive to these groups of people.
Speaker 5: Audrey is starting to call us play our first names.
Speaker 3: That's disrespectful.
Speaker 1: That is harsh.
Speaker 2: So what should call you patsy? No? Mum?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But would you how would you feel about mate?
Speaker 5: You wouldn't like your pats It's almost kind of taking the mickey out of you, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think it's a chamber of respect to what are you working in the military academy for young people?
Speaker 3: So I always want to be dad or you can go too far the other way because Bianca, still in her thirties, called her dad daddy, which I don't feel comfortable with. I don't like I just as it comes off the mouth.
Speaker 4: I don't like hearing.
Speaker 1: I think it's a community thing because you're judging it from where you live in the world where she's Venezuela. There they are, so for them, that's the norm. You're judging it by your own standards.
Speaker 5: Like when King Charles stood up for the queens. Sorry how we got into King Charles and remember any speech? And he said mummy, Yes, didn't sit.
Speaker 1: Well with me either, and he is a real guy. So were you united about this mate thing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Put a stop to it, all right, Colin? What do you think do you let your kids call you mate? And the way it is is this, like, mate, what are you doing? It says that you can't actually speak to me like that. They're like, why are you getting so I get really upset about it. I'm like, stop calling me mate. They're like, but you always say we're friends. We are friends, but you don't call your parents mate. I tell you what it is is two. It's overly oddly familiar. Yes, yeah, maybe I go back to basis here. It's mister O'Connell to you all right? Your kids calling you mate? Yes or no?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, my thirteen year old daughter calls us mate and even calls her mother up Bro Peter. No, Christian is a no from me. However, I've called my parents Kath and Trev since I was sixteen. I'm now my forty forties. I don't think this is right. So both of my teenage daughters have recently started calling me mate, and I am not a fan Melissa, Yes or no, definitely not.
Speaker 8: I've got a fourteen and a seventeen year old and they started calling me bro and saying with my step their stepdad and that and where you all went. Nah, you don't say that especially to parents. You've only got one sort of set of parents that you can just call mom and dad.
Speaker 6: You don't take that away from him.
Speaker 1: Oh dad, we agree, Minnesota, and it's the thanks according him.
Speaker 8: Mate.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Kirile here.
Speaker 8: Hey, Christian, So I call my dad old mate.
Speaker 1: That's cute, though. Is he an elderly man like in his seventies or eighties?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 10: No, no, I'm like twenty four.
Speaker 8: His was fifty.
Speaker 1: Oh my, I'm even more offended on behalf of your dad.
Speaker 11: It's a way that I used to getting attention.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but I mean you could shout anyone in the street, I'll go free, so it might look round it might not be a nice way to address them. No, not that old mate, your poor dad. Do not call him old mate.
Speaker 10: Key not offended by it, though he is.
Speaker 1: Internally deep down he really was an evil laughing at Yeah, Kenny, thank you very much, and called mate.
Speaker 8: Okay, thanks guys.
Speaker 11: Uh And hey, Brouh, what are you doing, Chris Bruh? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Broh?
Speaker 11: How's the radio show on? Brouh?
Speaker 1: Not a fan? It's actually would take me right now this role play in the theory. I'm getting angry.
Speaker 4: How are your kids end?
Speaker 6: There's seven and nine, my daughter seven and my bro is like nine.
Speaker 1: No way, No, it's awful, isn't it.
Speaker 11: It's terrible dinner pable from a great background. Yeah, and it went from ba ba blah blah oh ba bah, we'll love be so look bro hey, brouh, passist other lentols in the Brohm, I'm passing the color.
Speaker 1: All from angel love it. This is not progress, is it. It's not backwards. Well, we're going backwards to grunts and thank you very much. Solidarity with us dads. Thanks Ange, Thanks mon, I'm lot of big energy. You're getting lentils tonight.
Speaker 4: Young men, bru stop calling the radio show.
Speaker 1: Sandy. The kids are going to be made. Are you a fan of that?
Speaker 12: Well? I actually don't get called May.
Speaker 1: I get called g? G? Why are you called G? Like money?
Speaker 12: Your G apparently comes from O G, which is original gangster, but my kids changed it to OG, meaning old gangster, and to abbreviate it, they just call me G. And even when my youngest who is nineteen, texts me, he said, he says, I'm like suck G.
Speaker 4: Thanks G.
Speaker 6: No worries J.
Speaker 1: No, this is not it. These people realize we have emotions and should have at least a tiny amount of souson of respect.
Speaker 12: It's funny, so it doesn't bother me that much.
Speaker 1: What do you respond? What's oh?
Speaker 12: Yeah, just like no worries because I call them bad.
Speaker 7: I just say no worries bad. It's just how is is me?
Speaker 1: Now? Household Sandy, you're part of the problem.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show time for today's time waster a world Tango day. We're looking for your dance bands. Make your band dance like Iggy Bop Gold Minutes Work, Gold will tango Clan.
Speaker 4: Gold can.
Speaker 1: Land the dance move. No looking at these No fucking nervous. So much on the line. Now, if you're gonna dance, you're gonna have the right clothing on to keep it loose. She had like a definitely a tard.
Speaker 4: Not too bad Silver plus.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 1: Charles and Eddie What a great double act. Yeah, well those boys can dance, that's right. Charleston and Eddie Gold and Shimmy Barnes. Shimmy Barnes, look at him, sing and move Shimmy Barns. Jack, what have you got to make a band dance Lady Chatcha, Oh, very good. Gold.
Speaker 3: Tina Wermer, she's doing yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Silver plus Maroon, Jive, Marine Drive is very good.
Speaker 4: Gold Blink one and two and one and two.
Speaker 1: That's gold. Looking for your dance bands. Make a band dance jacuinely to dance and Mark let's dance. Let's Shimmy me Tapika, seat of Metallica, Metallica, Silmyapa, waltzy music instead of rocky music, Bronze to two fighters, silver plus, Dancy Sinatra instead of Nancy dancing. Go it takes on Thomas Bryce. That's smart, two pack step Bronze, Thank you, Richard Kylie Limbo, she's doing the limbo, the limbo. Flamenco at work, flamenco at work, Gold, b Ivy gold plus we Linda brackets zz hip Hop Silver, Robot Plant not Robert Plant is doing the robot.
Speaker 4: That's gold plus, well done.
Speaker 1: Mark Lockwood, Belly Eilish so Belly Irish, she's doing belly dancing. Silver, Jackson Jive, Silver, Martley Breakdance Bronze and Rumberwumba So the chumberwumber. They're doing the rumba job plus Rumberwamba, but.
Speaker 3: The weird is going to be Linda. Congratulations for bonj Ivy, bonj.
Speaker 1: Ivy, very good. That's the Christian O'Connell Show. We are back tomorrow as always. If you've got any extra stories or anything really late to the party, email me Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast