Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily Podcast.
Speaker 2: Far out, Guys, before we get to the podcast.
Speaker 3: On the show, we're in it.
Speaker 2: We're on the podcast, Oh true. But before we get to the bit where I'm telling you about what's the meat, I also talk about my experience with Flume on the live stream. I have something very controversial that occurred, and that was that I was so when you get the live stream with TikTok, I'm seeing their comments roll through, and I was kind of a moderator showing them to Flom et cetera. And I'm looking while I'm trying to fucking run the show, I look down and someone's like, Flume cross Susan Boyle, Like I look like Susan Boyl. You know, I've got a picture.
Speaker 4: I'll show me and like it's a similar energy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I gotta google it too.
Speaker 4: The worst thing about it is that, you know, it's not like someone sat with your brand for years and they've just connected the doctor. Now it's the first impression, the first vibe.
Speaker 2: That's come through is sus and boil.
Speaker 4: It must be such an uncanny thing for audiences because you've unlocked You've unlocked a vintage character in somebody's mind, and I it's here.
Speaker 2: Also fainly here Susan boils such a queen. The ship that we put that woman through. We well talking, I mean when I say.
Speaker 4: We no, see no, it's always when Fumi wants to incriminate.
Speaker 3: Herself, it's always wee wee wee wee wee.
Speaker 4: And then it's like, well, FLEXI believes this, and FLEXI said this, and then get it out.
Speaker 3: You're part of people hate criming Susan.
Speaker 2: You say wee as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I mean it.
Speaker 2: I mean it too. I just remember an idol that was the whole thing is like she's a she's a middle aged woman. Like it was about her being a middle aged woman.
Speaker 3: TikTok to say that they thought you were younger.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to get into it. Also, never forget, while we're on the topic, I did an interview with that dude from Stranger Things years ago, and I was looking good on the camera. Oh, I have no doubt about it, and we're like turtle neck, makeup was fleaky, et cetera. And someone commented people who listened to Bogus no one I know about to say it was like she looks both twenty and sixty at and it's true, I really do. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you do the internet, because if those things are coming from my DMS, i'd be out of there.
Speaker 2: This is the mentivases you raising this. I'm fucking holding on by the skin of my teethe, ready to fall at any moment. I'm thinking of backup plans twenty and sixty. Though you see the vision, anyone else in the root the vision.
Speaker 3: I think it's maybe how you come across on camera.
Speaker 4: Wow, let's shut up. You're selling it in the flesh. It's giving, like you know, early thirties. In the flesh. You gotta find the median.
Speaker 2: I don't want to sell dressing. I remember this TikTok that someone's like when you see people over the age of twenty three wearing like mesh tops, like you serious. I've never seen that before, but I went or what you.
Speaker 1: Say, co cameras, cop cameracy, fleck and FMS.
Speaker 4: I've been trying not to do a lot of thinking. I've been trying to do a lot of living because one thing about me, I've learned it in therapy. I've got control issues. I didn't resonate with that statement, but then everything kind of makes sense. Seriously, that's all I say, literally, though it's all there. So I definitely try not to think too much because then I can't fight the urge to want to control what's happening around me at all times. But every now and then I let a rogue thought enter my mind, and then I'll share it with the world. I was thinking a lot about some new interactions I've been having, some new friends I've been making. Oh they're not friends, but you know, casual acquaintances. And there's this one common thread that keeps comment up. They are all people who are obsessed with The Simpsons, all adults who feel as though they the whole like being of their character was defined by them watching The Simpsons when they were younger. The references their characters, the scenes, the one liners. And I don't know what it is because I'm not a Simpsons person. Of course, I know Homer, I know Barr, I know Lisa, But aside from those March I don't know any of the other characters.
Speaker 2: About Maggie the Little Baby.
Speaker 4: Maggie the Little Baby, I don't know any of the other little characters. I don't know where they live. I don't know where they went to school. I don't know the stories, none of.
Speaker 2: Them Springfield Elementary. Can I least off some characters? No, No, Moe Barney, Lenny and Lenny and Carl, Doctor Apoo, Miss Crabapple Snake.
Speaker 4: You're proving my point exactly. There is no reason why somebody in there when they're mid to late twenties, scramp. I know this much about a show they watched when they were ten, maybe even younger. And the thing that's getting me is what is it about me that's attracting these types of people?
Speaker 3: Number one and number two? If an adult is looking back.
Speaker 4: On their life and is saying this show really informed who I am as a person, and I don't have that same experience, there's so much we're not going to fundamentally understand about each other. Like I find myself feeling ostracized from conversations. I'm like, I don't understand what is going on. And Simpsons people really are always searching for Simpsons people. So I went on, it's true. Can we get a hands up, who's a Simpsons person in the room?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: See exactly, I'm.
Speaker 1: Brooks every one, Brooks Crook.
Speaker 2: Do you see what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: At all times, I'm just surrounded by Simpsons people, and it's not often I'm on the fringe of a discussion. It's not often I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: This is like when you talk about Drake. Literally I feel left out. That's okay, we all have our things.
Speaker 4: So what I'm struggling to understand is it's a bit of like it's like an early twenties life crisis of mine I'm having currently is what is it about me that's attracting these people or vice versa. Why don't I connect with the show? And is it too late to start? I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Like Diddly do the Flanders who lives next door? So Flanders lives next door to the Simpsons anyway, solanders Okay, I will say I am surprised. I think, Okay, I don't want to. I don't know if I want to increminate myself, no, get it out. But probably when I was like fifteen, I went to a house party and I did something for the first time. But I freaked out. Oh all right, I freaked out, Okay, And when I was having my little minim and TV, what was racing through my mind my parents, of my parents. I need my mom and dad. I need my mom and dad and Simpsons. I literally had a breakthrough while I'm sitting in the middle of the forest. I left the party and sat in the forest, blown and I was seeing Mom and Dad Simpsons. Oh my god, Simpsons is the Simpsons is the meaning of life? No, yeah, and I still believe it. Sometimes I'll sit down and I'll watch Simpsons and the Simpsons and it starts literally the messages in the Simpsons. I believe the person who created it has good morals. Okay, it's morally sound. Simpsons is life, And the reason why it comes up so much is because it meant a lot to all of us. Yeah, except for.
Speaker 4: You, Except for me and my brothers watched it. Anyway, I'm at the beginning of a thought, and I do think there is something to say about what TV shows you were impacted by as a child, and who you are as an adult, what your humor is like, how you see the world. But I think I'm maybe six months away from understanding what I need to understand.
Speaker 2: What's like. I go back and watch Austin Powers, and I'm both shook and saddened by the fact that I don't actually have a single original thought, like any kind of thing that I do as a human based project has exactly based project humor. The alien being is coming out. Oh dear flex and frooms FLEXI. I was out this weekend, just the one that passed. You know me. I love getting out and about on the weekend.
Speaker 4: You get near it, you're out. You're an outside girl. I'm trying to be like you.
Speaker 2: Friday night, of course, I'm gonna have a little little drink really down the pub over to my friend's house. I'm all about that five pm Natty Wine lifestyle. Start with one natty wine, then a cocktail, then maybe a bottle.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to join you because I am the person who goes out for a thing, for an event, so people don't call on me for a casual Oh we're just popping around because usually I'll say no, but I'm like no, I'm trying to change. I'm trying to make the mundane exciting, not wait for somebody's best friend's birthday house party, where house rave.
Speaker 2: Yeah you don't want to be a seeker. Yeah, you're going to make it happen as we as we say so. I was out at Cafe Freeders. It is a Sydney establishment. I would say, hand on heart, it's the only place in Sydney that goes off in a row. Seriously, guys, I'm chasing a vibe every weekend. I want to go dance. I want to go to the party. The only place is I can dance and go party are gay bars. That's true, all right, and I'm happy on a Thursday. But I would also love to be out with my brethren that you know, potential potential leads. Potentially you know, okay, Gary to be amongst potential leads. Yeah, you want to get near at Anerstam. But yeah, I was a Cafe Freeders and I always turn up when I get to Cafe Fraders. Just got that vibe about it. And I was with a maid of mine and he told me this story about whether or not he should I'll just cut to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let us hear it, all right, my chest is tight. Last time you did this, you told a nipple story.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he still live up to that, but so I have a question.
Speaker 5: So started talking to this guy on a dating app and we matched his really hot slice sliceay Sleigh. However, Commer a really good friend of mine, like I recognize the guy I matched with a really good friend of mine went on a.
Speaker 6: One date with him on a first date.
Speaker 5: And I know this because my dear friend, honestly a few months back, was just like, hey, I went out on this date with this guy, like really good vibes, but nothing ever came from it. Since then, my friend has gone on several other dates.
Speaker 6: Is seeing someone else, But.
Speaker 5: I also just can't help but feel a bit guilty that I'm now talking to this guy. So I guess my question to the group chat is does one date constitute me not speaking to this person because of my friend?
Speaker 6: But how valuable is one date? Is that off limits?
Speaker 5: Because I feel like everyone dates everyone, Everyone goes one date with each other, you know?
Speaker 2: Anyway, I love you all by So I was there obviously in the flesh and plot twist, Oh the person? How we're going to start with the plot twist? I'm plot twisting. Let's started the podcast and it turns out also, sorry, I keep doing like tangents, but everyone, I'm getting better at telling stories. Would you say it's a long journey.
Speaker 3: We've got one nod in the room.
Speaker 2: We've collectively put in at least one hundred hours of talking. Unless is as god.
Speaker 3: As it and that I've got that's.
Speaker 2: Got a cat. But anyway, plot twists the mate who I was with the guy that he was talking about when on the date with the other person, he was coming to meet us. So my mate was like, oh my god, the guy's coming.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait wait sorry sorry, So the guy that you were already hanging out with in the voice note, in the voice note, the date isn't coming, but the other friend who went on the date is coming.
Speaker 2: He's coming.
Speaker 3: Can we give them some fake names?
Speaker 2: Please? All right? First name is Jack.
Speaker 4: Is the guy that you're hanging out with. Jack is the voice note the voice note. Barry is the date. Charlie is the friend coming. Yes, great, So Jack, Jack and Charlie. You know you don't know Barry the date.
Speaker 2: Two hearts.
Speaker 3: Let's keep going.
Speaker 2: Forget the date, forget the date. Okay, So it's you're with Jackson when Jack and Barry's coming, and Barry's the one that Barry is the mate. No, Charlie is the mate. Okay, Charlie's mate. Jack and Charlie. Oh, my god, and Jack is like, oh my god, should I tell Charlie? And me and my mate are like, I said no, why would you even bring that up? My other mates like, why would you make this a thing? Just let it die. But the issue was the guy that he was going on a date with has a full young your name like her name you'll hear once in your whole life. So I said, don't say anything. He didn't end up saying anything. What would have you done?
Speaker 4: I am the type of person I only know loyalty to my favorite people. That's my best friend, my soulmates, and my mom, not even my siblings. I really dogs, because you got to pick your favorites. And I know my favorites hand on heart. And I'm not talking about people that I'm happy to extend myself for, people I'm happy to be polite to. When it comes to extreme acts of loyalty, I reserve that for a fair few ight. I'm for this Robbie, he's not getting the call up?
Speaker 2: Na na nah? What about Maxwell? Yeah nah?
Speaker 3: They're my siblings right like, and they're just my sibling.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about you? But my mom?
Speaker 4: Like, that's my mom, that's my kin Like I ride for her. You know what I'm saying. It's a different dynamic respect my siblings. I'm a go to war for my mom. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's a bit different. So if it was like my mom was like, I went on a.
Speaker 4: Date with this guy, I really like you, I'd be like, Okay, you know, it's the one day.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to go there.
Speaker 4: If it's like some if it's a friend of a friend and it's one day, I don't It's not a big deal to me, especially because you've been going on other dates since and you're seeing someone new.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't go mention it willy nilly, because you've gotta be careful.
Speaker 4: Not everybody is your friend, and not all information can be shared freely because you never know who's going.
Speaker 2: To grasp cut you in future.
Speaker 4: You never know who has the power to make or break what you want to come to fruition so badly.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So in this instance, I think Jack, your friend should go on this date. Okay, I think they should. If it happens to escalate, you don't go to Charlie and ask for permission, you bring it up in a contact and say, oh my god, isn't it so funny. I'm also going to date with the guy that you went on a date with a ha ha. And if for some reason Charlie has an issue, then they can say, oh, that's so strange. I would have thought it was inappropriate. Okay, Cool, we're having the conversation now.
Speaker 2: No, no for next time, ask for forgive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but not even that. It's just like, provide some context around I literally babes the pursuit of love. It's not a game for the week.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: And if I if I had to rule out every single person that I had a minor interaction with, that they had minor interactions with, I'm ruling out everyone, especially in Sydney, especially in our friend groups, especially for the type of people we are and the type of people we date, there'd be no one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's look to the quick community.
Speaker 4: For advice on how to do this, because every gay guy I know, every lesbian I know is dating somebody's ex, someone's best friend, someone's whatever.
Speaker 3: You get through it, because what are people?
Speaker 2: Not property?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: True, not property? Community, community, Share it around.
Speaker 4: Share what would you do or what advice did you give? You said, not to say anything.
Speaker 2: I don't say anything at all. It's too fresh anway. They're not even been on a date. Yeah, exactly. You might hate him. Yeah, there's nothing there and you know what, You're right. You can't get in can't get in the way of a little Sydney boothing. It's hard out here, it's not looking good.
Speaker 4: But also in this instance, I feel like this is why you can't be everybody's friend friend friend like that, because, like I said before, my best friend has this. It's not an affliction, but she has this. I'm gonna call it an issue where she's loyal to a fault to anyone.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 4: She's a very open, accommodating, agreeable person. She feels everything really deeply, and she can she can empathize really, really heavily. So a party friend of ours might say, I really like this guy, and like, you know, he doesn't really like me, and so on and so on, and then he's ruled out for my friend and my babes.
Speaker 2: Come on, we don't even know them like that.
Speaker 4: Take no prisoners, take no prisoners. Everyone's an option. Even if they're dating someone else, they'll be single eventually and I'll be there.
Speaker 2: The divorce is are coming through flies on, She's on.
Speaker 4: Be serious, people are I'm serious these days people are leading with child play.
Speaker 3: We're not in high school anymore. Get off it. I'm getting upset.
Speaker 2: Brother, you are twenty four.
Speaker 4: It's not yes, it's thanks for sharing.
Speaker 3: I do like that.
Speaker 2: I like when you come with the voice notes. They're always good. It's true.
Speaker 4: I wonder what it be like to be your friend knowing that, like when you think you're out and about having a nice little drunk.
Speaker 3: Time like Rooms is like tell me the story. Wait, can you voice for the party?
Speaker 2: I can't hate it, but everyone always loves it. Yeah, fans are around the spot. They're rogue.
Speaker 1: This is Flex and Frooms on Cada on Sunday.
Speaker 2: The other day I did a live stream with Flume for TikTok. It was a TikTok Flume collaboration, very exciting. One of the first ones done in Australia was four. It's in ten years since his first album Flume. WHOA So I will say half the live stream, we're having a few demons about getting older and actually never thought it was gonna be me. I was going to be twenty four forever Alas. And of course I could tell you all about the show, how it went great, how we did lots of challenges. We did ice bucket challenge. I saw that we did mentos and coke. The one thing that he wouldn't do is cinnamon challenge.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The point where we had a phone call before he was like, we're not doing cinnamon challenge.
Speaker 6: Did you do it? No?
Speaker 2: Oh, He's like, I don't want to vomit. That's fair, fair enough, King. But on the way in the uber there, I mean the uber, and I had a massive bag full of light clothes because we're doing ice jackets, so I needed to change. And I brought my colleener Strata two hundred dollar water bottle, yeah naturally wear and hair, and I put it in the back of the uber and I'm like, it's outside my bag. I'm just gonna put it down, but I'll make sure I take it out of the uber.
Speaker 4: I don't know where this is going. It's not looking good, brother, it stays in the uber. Come on through me. Quick pause, quick pause for when fruminated. The personality test, The question asks through do you always put your things where they belong? Does everything have a place? Room says strongly agree, and then begins to tell me that she thinks that personality assessment doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Let's continue. Leave it in there obviously, get to the venue. We start doing the run through and goes down. I'm thirsty. The Kleena stride a body bottle is nowhere to be found. I'm freaking out. I spent two hundred dollars. Literally, I knew that. I knew it was a mistake, but I couldn't help myself calling over blah blah blah blah. I'm going to go pick it up later. However, Flume gets there. He's wearing a really beautiful fit. Okay, the feet was fitting all by ensemble, kind of like a Jackard jacket. Okay, that's embossed new money. He's been successful for ten years. I think that's old money.
Speaker 4: Sis, it is ten years old money. No, old money is generational. When he has some kids and they have kids, talk to me, all right, get him on the scene.
Speaker 6: I'll laugh.
Speaker 2: I've got his American number now. Oh wow, mean flame Bessies, Bessie bars and twins. Well yeah, in a livestrom, I kept saying, oh, I'm with my big brother Flume, and people like obviously TikTok people. I don't think they're very well versed in so I don't know you like that about that. It's like, wait, they're actually siblings, because Flume does have a sister. Anyway, looking at his beautiful fit and he's got a T shirt and a black T shirt with a beautiful rhyme stone applaque butterfly on the front, and I thought, oh my god, on the life chum, I'm like, whoa, where's that top from. He's like, I don't know, have a look at the tag kaleini strada calleen strada coming in at all angles. It was a slap in the face Nightmara. I'm so sorry, and I couldn't believe it. It's like I keep manifesting all these things and that was a big manifestation. But I will say, get in the water bottle tonight. So everyone who's been along with me with the water bottle saga, it will be returning with me.
Speaker 3: And the driver for your mistake.
Speaker 2: Me's sending a terse am. So, guys, I think someone stole my water butt.
Speaker 4: The water bottle's gone missing, and somebody needs to reveal its location.
Speaker 2: Now, I you know what I was thinking. I have an air tag for my suitcase when I went to Europe Ripay you ner forget I think I need to affix the air tag to the water bottle. Yeah, I think that's what I need to do or carry a bag. Yeah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is flex and frooms.
Speaker 4: I don't like when I am the problem. Like as soon as I got my acrylics back on my fake nails, I did it for a work shoot, and now I'm dealing with the fact that it is not simple to live life with acrylic nails. I don't know what we've been talking about as fake nail wearers. I can't scratch properly because the tips of my nails are are not sharp, so I can't scratch using a hair brush to scratch my body. Do you see what I'm saying. I can't button my clothes properly. I'm suffering my seat but I need to click it with my knuckle. I can't do fingers. I hate that it's not sexy.
Speaker 2: It's like remember when there'd be those like Guinness Weld record videos of the people with a really really long nails and It's like, how do they wipe their ass? How do you wipe your ass? You know I can do. These are only about a centimeter long, so I can still make do.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying that like my functionality is dropped by twenty five percent roughly, give or take. Like I was saying though before you started calling out my name, I'm going for it. I'm doing the knuckle scratched knuckle nostril. I was thinking a lot about whether being a good person is worth it? What does it even mean? And naturally, the FBI agent in my phone is like, say no more, babe. I've got a thousand videos for you to watch on this exact topic, and I'll love every single one of them. So I want to share this one with you. Put on your listening ears for this one. Put on your comprehension hats. It is a little bit long, but it is worth listening to being.
Speaker 7: A good person worth it. I study at Harvard in two thousand and nine called that into question. Let me ask you this, Do you think it a good character will motivate others to treat you well?
Speaker 6: Evidence suggests not.
Speaker 3: The evidence suggests no good deed go unpunished.
Speaker 7: Psychologists Daniel Wagner and Kurt Gray ran an experiment to see how ordinary folks treat people of varying moral reputation. They divide his humanity at large into four moral categories, good like mother Teresa, bad like Ted Bundy, neutral like a bank teller, and victims like orphans, for instance. Then they took a survey after the participants were told to imagine a pill that creates pleasure, and half were told the drug creates pain. Then they were each told they have three of these pills, and they were asked to divvy them up between different pairs of those moral types. So, for instance, here are three pain pills, how are you going to divide them up between the Dali Lama and an unknown.
Speaker 6: High school teacher.
Speaker 7: Some of the results were perfectly predictable. Ted Bundy got more pain, orphans less, But there was a surprise in the data. Who deserves more pleasure and less pain? The Dhali Lama or a random radiology tech, A good person or the neutral person.
Speaker 1: You'd think the good, right, That's not how.
Speaker 2: It played out.
Speaker 7: The good people were allocated less pleasure than the neutral nobody's and significantly more pain. Thus, the authors sardonically observe.
Speaker 6: Virtue is its own punishment.
Speaker 7: So there you have it, be principled at your own risky, Thanks for watching.
Speaker 2: I'm Abraham, Abraham. Shout out.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Abraham.
Speaker 2: He's on Live for you. Do you hear what he's saying? So what is that telling us?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 4: Really isn't that big of a reward being a good person, Because, like you started to mention before, through me continue.
Speaker 2: As I was saying before, I think that people assume that good people do it altruistically, and therefore they're getting their little spikes of happiness from that fact alone. And I actually think I've got my own little cracky I think that people who do good make neutral people feel bad. For example, I'm a neutral person by design, by choice. I'm just doing whatever I want to do. Wouldn't say I'm doing anything to hurt anyone necessarily, If I do it, it's not intentional.
Speaker 3: Nah, they always say that one.
Speaker 2: My intent was not to hurt. However, am I a good person? I think it makes sense, Like when I think about who I want to make happier, it's the neutral person who's going about their business, not trying to be good, not making me feel bad. You know, they're just like one of me. I relate to the neutral person. Let that be a lesson.
Speaker 4: I was raised by a very good person, the kind of person who goes out of their way to do good things. And I love being amongst that because I just get to be bad with my full chest. You know what I'm saying. But every now and then I do a good thing, and I say, this is not good for branding. Okay, people are getting used to this. People get used to it. I do one too many designated drivers and everyone's like.
Speaker 2: She's such a nice galea.
Speaker 4: No, no, not me, not me. So the point of that story is to say, well, not a story. It was a study that overwhelmingly good people don't experience additional amounts of good from others because people might presume your cup is already full, it overfloweth you don't need any more of.
Speaker 2: This good because you have so much you can give to others.
Speaker 4: Neutral people, however, are exactly that neutral and often experience more good from the average person. Do that information what you will shout out to all my neutral people?
Speaker 5: Think?
Speaker 2: It also relates before we cut, I'm ready to stop.
Speaker 1: You're listening to flex and frooms on Kada room.
Speaker 4: Just saw me rub my nostril with my knuckle. Here's the thing, everyone, I was a pollen hay fever denier.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I've lived in Sydney's East my whole entire life. I've never had any problems with pollen. People used to say they had hay fever. I used to say, you're just sick and admit it. You've got the flu, You've got a cold, Okay.
Speaker 2: Stop lying.
Speaker 4: And then last week I was in Sorry he was doing a photo shoot and I was like, what is this in the air?
Speaker 3: What is this in the air?
Speaker 4: Is this a new new drop of species, a new bug? Turns out that's pollen. Since my first experience with it twenty four.
Speaker 3: Years on this earth, I've seen pollen in the flesh. It is everywhere. Suddenly my eyes start tingling.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: I start sneezing, my throat closes up.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I start doing some research. I don't go to Instagram store, I go to Google. I say what's up with the pollen? They said and don't quote me. I didn't fact check. But a combination of climate change lanina too much wet, not enough dry means that there's been a pollen overproduction by about thirty to forty percent. Wow, Okay, think about the asthma havers. They're not well since children.
Speaker 2: I have athma, oh asthma, and I'm fine, So I reckon that's on you.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, Have you been to Surrey Hills?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I used Livingitary Hills.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying in the last six six to nine months. I'm saying in the thick of it right now. Have you been in the elements?
Speaker 2: I have? I really have. You know what I will do the city divide Melbourne vest Sydney. When I go to Melbourne, I'm sneezing, coughing, goffer wing. I can't get enough of that when I'm in Melbourne. So you know it could be a lot worse. Think about that way. Do I want to tell you about this fun fact? Did you read about? This is very much apure Alley researchers have grown brain cells in a lab and successfully made them play pong hit a Mark King, there's something you might need. You set it out too easy. You said it out too easy. Oh my god. Well, I feel like we talk about this human invention and interventional lot on the show, and I read some of the comments and someone's like, what are they going to do? This poor game is going to become sentient because we don't really understand how the brain works. Maybe the sense of being alive is found in a single brain cell. What do you think about this development?
Speaker 4: Let the new brain suffer. I don't see what the issue is. I was so sorry. If we have made these brain cells and they're suddenly sentient and their life is playing ping pong. We're all in the same existence anyway. They're doing ping pong, we're working. We all have to suffer together. Oh that's really good, better than us. Do you want to playing ping pong for science? You don't want to do that?
Speaker 2: True? I mean the work thing is a good shout exactly. We all have our own I mean, they wouldn't know the outside world outside of pongs.
Speaker 3: I might argue we're suffering more than they are.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Fruits Daily podcast.
Speaker 5: For more, tune in Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.