Speaker 1: Welcome to them. Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Have you changed your name?
Speaker 3: Perry, who's to start working on the show, told us about his what's his fiancee? Nosy guy was called Michael Clark, A nice respectable name.
Speaker 2: Right changes the wolf game? Which great name and now is known as wolf?
Speaker 3: That is, you become wolf like if that's your name, your hair, you have to change your clothes.
Speaker 2: You got to get rid of Michael's clothes. You're now wolf. Imagine Michael Clark test Captain of Australia.
Speaker 3: How much better he would have been as Wolfgang class Wolfgang Clark?
Speaker 2: All right, so have you changed your name? Andrew? Good morning, you've changed your name?
Speaker 4: Yeah. My father passed away late last year and we're at the funeral and Carl started rating out John and May and my three brothers are looking at each other, gingho, the hell is John away at the wrong funeral? And the backstory is when my father was born, my grand and granddad had an argument on whether this should be called John or Barry. We only ever knew him as Barry. My grandma said, his name is Barry, but he got registered as John. But every time somebody says what's the baby's name? I said, Barry. I mean we always thought his name was Barry until the day passed and we're at the funeral, and we thought we're at the wrong funeral.
Speaker 2: Andrew, this is incredible.
Speaker 3: You hear about people finding out stuff they didn't know, you know, about a parent at a funeral, but not about that that's.
Speaker 2: A completely different name. That's remarkable.
Speaker 4: And my throat brothers are all looking at each other going, what are we see? What? What's going on here? You do.
Speaker 2: Funeral, but you're at the right funeral, just a different name. So yeah, John not Barry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we only we only ever knew him as Barry and his real name was John.
Speaker 2: So what did you put on the headstone wherever he is now?
Speaker 4: Barry Barry?
Speaker 2: Then maybe in a sharpie be brackets.
Speaker 4: We should have done that in brackets, and that is a great call.
Speaker 2: Then we're going to give you a pair of gold class double bass tickets.
Speaker 4: I love that story, fantastic.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry about your dad as well, but it gave us a great laugh with that. Thank you very much, Andrew, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: John James, Welcome to the show, Good morning, I'm good John James.
Speaker 2: So you changed your name? What's your story, John James.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So when I was probably I think I was twenty years old, I changed my name to Achilles via depot and it was it was just Achille, so there was no surname. It was just like like Madonna, Yes.
Speaker 3: You're quite right, Beyonce Madonna. Now when you say you were twenty, what else was going on?
Speaker 2: Hate?
Speaker 5: Now what happened was my friend, my friends and all that. We all sort of got a step of that movie Troy with Achilles, like the warrior that Brad Pitt played the part. And now I probably thought I was probably good looking at the time, and I was one of those cud too sort of was like, oh, you wouldn't do it. You wouldn't jump off that, you wouldn't run me, so you wouldn't do that anyway. So I said, you wouldn't change your name to Achilles, and so yeah, I was just so I went into the depot and they said it toss thirty dollars to change your name. So what happened was I thought I saw an asterisk next to the bit that sort of said surname, and I said to the guy, I said, why is there an asterisk next to the surname and he said, well, technically you don't have to have it have a surname. And I'm like, oh well, I said, the only thing you can't change your name to is God or Jesus. And I'm like, all right, well I'll have a bit of a chillie and I won't have a surname. And what happened was I actually felt at actually forgot about it. So and I was named after my dad, so John, my actual name has gone through like generations and generations that I forgot about it because it says about six weeks to get approved. And then and then my mum got a like a letter in the mail that just said a chilling are chilling And she's just coming to my room and she's like, what what the hell is this? And I'm like, oh no, and don't give me a new versesy for getting everything. So I didn't know. Obviously, my dad's like losing it. He's gone off the thing, and I worked at his whole work, hadn't And if the thing is about it as well, is if you actually change it by depail, which I didn't know at the time either you actually have to have it for a minimum of two years, so you can't just you can't just like go and change it back. So I had to change the passport my life and I had.
Speaker 4: Been going to work.
Speaker 5: For a rather forgettable movie.
Speaker 4: Yes and yeah, so it.
Speaker 5: Was all happening, and then that's pretty much what happens. And then in the end I had to get my license change and they couldn't put anything where. So with the computer, doesn't you know how if you're filling out a form, it doesn't just go through to the next line unless you feel something where where the surname was. So they're like, we're going to have to put like a dot there. So it's just a pillies not.
Speaker 1: I am Symbolnce.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: By the police. They used to like take a photover that and like send it in to make sure it was real.
Speaker 2: I just need to Achilles followed by a dot. I can't believe you didn't keep it. Were you rushing to get rid of it by the end of the two years.
Speaker 5: It was when I tried to fly and get my partner, Like when the pass war got changed. There was a lot of complications with that because obviously, yeah, there's obviously a lot of the stuff was going on at that time. Was like yeah, yeah, so yeah, you want to watch.
Speaker 2: Achilles.
Speaker 5: I wonder if Achilles was going to come over to the country for different reasons. Yeah, for the two years is a bit of a kick out, obviously because my name has been actually had meaning to it, like John had meaning to it as well.
Speaker 2: Sure, but just a dumb man.
Speaker 3: I've got to ask this, what was life like for those twenty four months as Achilles?
Speaker 5: Now I actually forgot about it, like now that I'm going to going through the story again about maybe going back to it.
Speaker 3: If it's thirteen bucks, one hundred bucks, this show will pay for whatever it costs to change your name back to Achilles.
Speaker 2: So he's a great name.
Speaker 5: I'll invoice you for the thirty bucks.
Speaker 2: I gladly give it for the best day bucks in my life. They welcome you back to Achilles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my friends still call me Chills, so it's about a eight double la and so it's like Chill. So my friends still call me Chills, like my old school friends still to this day getting a few phone calls. But they forgot about it.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Achilles are going to label you up on our phone system only as a kidd.
Speaker 2: Then please call again.
Speaker 3: What that is one of those stories I'm always going to remember now about this and he told it brilliantly as well. I'm going to give you a price. We're going to give you a pair of tickets for gold class as well. That was Oh, no, brilliant, brilliant story, well told, Kennies. Hopefully we will.
Speaker 2: Speak again, my friend.
Speaker 5: We will, thanks man.
Speaker 2: Maybe tomorrow we have to do Haw's A movie Changed Your Life.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast