Speaker 1: Hi Heart Podcasts, hear more Kiss Podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart APPI.
Speaker 2: With Britt Hockley.
Speaker 3: And Laura Ben Radio work our windows down.
Speaker 2: That's my worldris in the dust. Only good fabs are all down.
Speaker 1: I've done much, but yeah, I know I'll big bit and what I want. It don't matter where.
Speaker 2: This is the pickup.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, you're listening to the Pickup with Britt Hockey and Laura Ben. Big week coming up, Laura, do you know what? I'm just giggling it because I mean, yeah, it's so bad.
Speaker 2: It's a week week No, not Yeah, it's August coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is the thing we've been talking about it. We're like, it's coming. Couldn't have told you what date it was? Couldn't have told you the week?
Speaker 2: Well that's half the problem, right because did you know the week?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What is it?
Speaker 2: Oddest? What one?
Speaker 1: Be fair? I was pretty good. It's August sixteen to twenty third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so twenty one falls into the week. I knew I would.
Speaker 1: Does it always fall around your birthday? Is that? Why is it the same? It must be the same week every year?
Speaker 2: I dress up as myself for a book Week.
Speaker 1: You did write a book once upon a time. No, it's look bookwek is coming. It is true.
Speaker 2: Why can't your kids go as.
Speaker 1: You and me? We have a book and last time they went as Matt. So my husband's written a kid's book. He managed to after two weeks of trying to convince him, he managed to convince Laula to dress up as dad. So she went to book Week kindergarten in like a Hawaiian.
Speaker 2: Shew, Well, next week it's you and me.
Speaker 1: Look, guys, this is your reminder. Bookweek is coming. Don't be like me and forget, because every single year I forget, and this year I've put it into my calendar with a one week reminders that I can't forget about it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, just to double down on that, what Laura does is wakes up, remembers on the morning, grabs like a cowboy hat on the way out the door, throws it on, and she goes, you're a cowboy.
Speaker 1: No, because it's like unjustifiable. In preschool, if your kids go to preschool, it is book week every single day of that week. So if your kid is in preschool for four days a week, that's four costumes.
Speaker 2: I guess that does, like it is book week, not Bookeday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but it's a lot anyway now. And also we want to see your costume. So all you've got to do is go and upload a photo on our wind page for your chance to win a five hundred dollars Spotlight voucher, which will come in very handy if you've got preschools. You've got to make four costumes. This is a very relatable thing for parents. I think that you reach a destination earlier than you expect to get there when it comes to kids, right, Like they ask questions and then sometimes they flow you and like hold.
Speaker 2: Out and what's Pythago's theory?
Speaker 1: No, like things that you're just not ready to answer, Like little kids ask big world questions, and then you have to try and navigate, like how am I going to answer that in a way that pitch is accurate but is also grated and appropriate for your age. Sometimes it's about the birds and the bees. Sometimes it's about babies and how they got into your belly, like whatever it is.
Speaker 3: It's funny because when we were kids, I think that we used to go and ask our parents whatever, right, and even if they didn't know the answer. They could lie because there was no Google. We couldn't go and look it up, like we had to take.
Speaker 2: Their word for whatever they said. But you can't do that now.
Speaker 1: It's so true. But I mean to be fair, my kids are too young. They don't have phones. It's not like they can go on Google it. But Marley, anytime Marlly asks a question, I don't know the answer to it, she just goes, Mom, why don't you just spotify it? And I'm like close, but not quite the same thing. So, Okay, I'm nine weeks away from having this baby. It's happening very soon, and it's it's been an interesting journey because like Mally, who's six, is now old enough to really understand that there's a baby in my belly, But then you can just see the cogs. There's questions, how did the baby get into your belly? Mum, what's the baby doing in there? Like what's happening? So she really want how does the baby come out of your belly? Like all of these questions we have kind of hit at different milestones. Right the first one was like I understand there's a baby in your belly, but how did it get in your belly, and so you know, I think I navigated that. Okay, I'm laying in bed the other morning and Molly walks in dead pan like she's on a mission, and she really seriously. She comes out and she gives me a cuddle, and she like starts rubbing my belly like I'm a Buddha, which she does every morning, and she goes, mom, I've been thinking, And I was like, okay, and she goes, is Poppy, that's the name that we've given the baby. Is Poppy gonna come out the same way that I came out.
Speaker 2: Out of the same canal?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I And she had this real look of concern on her face. And she's my little sensitive soul, right, so she looked really concerned, and you like, oh my god, how much do I tell her?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And also I'm of the opinion that you want to be kind of accurate with your kids, right like you want to be you want to call things by their proper names. You want to give them as much but also as little information as possible. So she says, is it's gonna come out the same way? And I said, oh, do you do you mean out of my vagina? And she looked at me horrified, horrified, and she goes.
Speaker 2: No, oh, bald, She physically look the same.
Speaker 1: She's so worried that the baby's gonna come out bald. She doesn't care about my vagina. The kid doesn't care if mummy's in pain. In fact, I didn't know how they came out, but she does now. Oh no, she kind of did. And that's why I thought that maybe she was worried that I was going to be in pain like that it was going to cause me some sort of turmoil. She could not care less. She doesn't want to have a bald sister. She's worried old kids. You have bald kids.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Maybe this one will come out with heaps of hair. Have you seen it on the ultrasound yet?
Speaker 1: My run so far would suggest that it's going to be a totally.
Speaker 3: Bald child, because you know, you can see hair on ultrasound, can you yep?
Speaker 2: If you have like a head of hair, you can see it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Well, no one's told me that the kid has a head of hair. That's definitely not been said. And Marley's just so concerned because she wants it to look like a girl. And I was like, it's gonna look like a baby, and she's like like a princess baby, and I was like, it's gonna look like a baby.
Speaker 3: My sister's baby, Maya, she's ten months old now, but she was not born with any hair either, and it's been quite slow growing. And even if Sherry dresses her in pink, no matter what she does, she could be in a pink little thing with love.
Speaker 2: Hearts and frills and someone comes up and says what's his name?
Speaker 3: All the time show It's like, goddamn it, what have I got to do to say?
Speaker 1: As a girl. That was the same thing with Lola. Lola was just baled until she was two and a half, completely bald, and I was like, I don't know if this kid's ever going to grow hair. But the problem is my dad went bald at twenty four, So I don't think that we've got good genetics when it comes to hair density.
Speaker 2: Yours is thinning.
Speaker 1: Shut up, No, hang.
Speaker 3: On anyone listening that doesn't have the backstory the things.
Speaker 1: I mean, Laura Lauri speaks about her hairs all the time.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: Fair, she's always picking on me. It's won't plays harassment.
Speaker 2: Okay, look, I have a double crown, my hair sitting too.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, dig up. So, Laura, I don't want to alarm you, but.
Speaker 2: I am thinking of a little bit of a career change.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: It's not by it's not by choice.
Speaker 3: It has been thrust upon me. I may have found my calling if you.
Speaker 1: Say that after Dancing with the Stars, I'm going off to join some sort of dance because I honestly, what would you do if you weren't doing this?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, can I tell you something that you can Okay, Okay, I forget that I'm on.
Speaker 2: Dancing with the Stars right now. But this is not this is not the story.
Speaker 3: But I just segued I'm on Dancing with the Stars as we speak. And so my husband Ben lives over in Italy and a teammate, one of his teammates yesterday came up to him and he must have been looking on Ben's page, seen me, clicked on me how to look at me?
Speaker 2: Anyway, his teammate came up to him and says, wait, is your wife on Dancing with the Stars? And Ben was like yeah, and he's like wow, I didn't know she was a professional dancer. She's really good, and I.
Speaker 3: Thought, what if he's like, she's not the dancer.
Speaker 2: He thought that I was the dancer. So I just needed to him. He must have looked at like a two second cliff.
Speaker 1: To be fair, you have done amazing like you do look like a professional dancer on there. Stop it and then stop it got slade.
Speaker 3: She got slade like a dragon. In fact to what I was talking about. I mean my like health and Wellness era. I've been in it for a while, but I love the sauna.
Speaker 2: It was my sacred place.
Speaker 3: I would sauna probably four times a week, maybe five if I can. And it's not an individual sauna. It's like a group sauna, but I would go at different times, and quite often i'd be on my own. And I imagine it's like the escape that mums feel when they get a bit of time away.
Speaker 2: Like headphones in, lay down and just like just zen out.
Speaker 1: So you lay down in a group sauna.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've fallen asleep in this sauna.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I feel about groups saunas, like I've done it a couple of times, but I just feel like there's other people's sweat is so close to me and I feel encased in other people's ill.
Speaker 3: Yeah I get that too, but we wear a towel and it's cleaned. But my point is, like I often got times to the day. I know we're quite quiet.
Speaker 1: So I can like have that moment, not peak hour.
Speaker 3: But what has happened is loads of the people at the gym and this wellness center know what I do for a living. They know that we have Life Uncut the podcast, and they know we do ask on Cut and that it's like relationship based. They know who you ask and cut in the radio. And it started to become like a therapy session. So people come in now and they'll see me in there, and then they come in and they guys, not girls, I'm talking men, And then they start to ask me relationship advice.
Speaker 1: Are they trauma dumping in the sauna.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're trauma dumping, but it's not necessarily trauma dumping. I'm actually so fascinated by it. And it is literally like you could take bookings. I could be a psychologist therapist in the sauna.
Speaker 2: They come in one on one.
Speaker 3: Not intentionally, I'm not like wait outside everyone, but then they ask me all of their deepest darkest relationship questions, and I have to give them advice and then they literally say, Okay, I'll update you next week, and they circle back in a week to give me the update on the advice that I've given them in this sauna.
Speaker 1: I have a question for you. Have you told any of them that you're actually not qualified?
Speaker 3: They think, well, I haven't specifically said that. No, maybe they think that I am. I've not said I'm qualified. I think that they know I'm not. I don't know what it is. Maybe have a hard time asking their friends for certain advice, or maybe maybe it's different getting advice from like the opposite sex. I often ask guys' advice when I want a male's perspective, but it's sort of just become who I am in the sorda.
Speaker 1: Now, what's an example I need to know, like an example of something you've been asked recently?
Speaker 2: Yesterday?
Speaker 3: Yesterday's one was really really nice guy that his therapy session has been going on for quite a while. He hasn't been able to find the right person, and I've been guiding him and encourage him to date because he was giving up on dating.
Speaker 2: So this has been like going on for quite a while, and I'm like, you're such a catch.
Speaker 1: Get out there.
Speaker 2: It's not going to come and find you in your house kind of thing.
Speaker 3: And so we got the update recently that he in fact met someone amazing, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And then it's turning into long distance.
Speaker 3: So you know, she's going to chase her dreams. And we had to unpack because he let her go chase her dreams. And we had to unpack like why he just let her go if he's constantly thinking about her now and wants to work it out and like wants that to be a thing. And then so we spent that session trying to work out like if he and go and voice to her how he really feels.
Speaker 2: And like chase it down and make something of it.
Speaker 1: I feel like you need to charge for this. This is lovely. It sounds like too much mental load. I don't want to go home and take on anymore. I want to go home and have a nap.
Speaker 2: And I can put one of those.
Speaker 3: You know when you go to the deli there's a ticket machine and you like, you take a ticket off the Delhi and get some ham and then you can troll my dumb I don't know.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm about it.
Speaker 1: And it is time for our little wins of the week. This is where you guys have a chance to win five hundred dollars spend a Chemists warehouse when you call up with your little win. And we're not talking about the big celebrations, not the birthdays, not the marriages, not the anniversaries. We're like, you know, when something just went okay and you kind of made it through the week.
Speaker 2: Like maybe you remembered it was book weik.
Speaker 1: That's great, yep, and you got your costume done early. Maybe you made a fantastic bolonnaise. I want to hear about it. Give us a call now we've got Tasha on the line. Tasha, what was your little win of the week. Oh, it felt so good to finally beat my son in Connect four. Yes, every time I smash my six year old at Uno, I'm so proud of myself. So I feel the sun. He's three and he beats you every week.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I taught him the game and then I swear with the fluke, the pieces just magically land in the right spots.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a child genius is like rain man.
Speaker 1: I know it's so embarrassing. Also, though, Tasha, I think the true test of like a kid's spirit is how did he take the loss? Oh?
Speaker 3: She cried, and I really rubbed it in. I rubbed it in so hard it was great brutal.
Speaker 1: Wait there a minute. Oh, kids are never good, They're terrible losers.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's go to Matt.
Speaker 1: Matt, what's your little winner of the week. I finally tamed the wild tupper. Weir draw every match.
Speaker 4: No mystery tubs, and the drawer actually shuts like I'm on top of the wheel.
Speaker 1: That's a true fat It's so annoying.
Speaker 2: Just this morning, I was trying to all my work.
Speaker 3: I was trying to find a lid to a shake so I could take a protein shake.
Speaker 2: Could not, for the life of me, find it. It has gone.
Speaker 1: How you're about to come over to come to a picture mood? It did cleaning your top wears or fixes your mood? Is that what you just said?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the picture mood if it's not all organized because you can't find what you want when you need it.
Speaker 1: It was the accent. Sorry, Matt. I thought you said it'll fix your mood, but you said it affects your mood and I yeah, I feel I think.
Speaker 2: Both are true.
Speaker 1: I'm originally from South Australia.
Speaker 2: It's the accent, it's the kiwe wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, that hold the line, Jess. What's your little end of the week.
Speaker 4: My little win is I got my dog Gary d sex or d nutted, and instead of him having to wear the cone of shame, I repurposed my ten year old son's undies into some little shorts.
Speaker 3: Oh well, Darry, but we got a win of heaven a laugh and he didn't have to wear the cone of shame.
Speaker 4: Really funny, I.
Speaker 1: Think wearing a kid's underwear as a shame for was he a humper?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Was he the one of those hum everything?
Speaker 4: Not? Yeah, but we have caught them doing it, which is a bit disturbing. But you know, hopefully this diner thing will help that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel sorry. I mean, I know it's a win for you, Jess, but I do feel like it's a bit of a loss for Gary. He's lost two things to the dog. Okay, hold there for one second, we have to deliberate. We've got connect four, we've got tup ofware, and we've got Gary the dog.
Speaker 3: I feel like I hate to do this to you, Laura, I pitched last week.
Speaker 2: I'm going to hand it over to you. Is there anything that like tugs at your soul?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: Do you know what took? To be fair? All of them are pretty deserving winners this week, unfortunately, but I'm going to give it to Matt. I'm Matt Tupaware, toup Aware. Firstly, we got your location wrong, so I feel like we've got to dig up a little bit from that. But Matt, congratulations, five hundred dollars house.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. Guy.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's an awesome price.
Speaker 3: Can I just ask, are you, like, are you limited to the toup Aware container area or are you cleaning the rest of the house as well?
Speaker 4: I think next I'm going to go with my frank green lids and water bottle. Okay, So I always get sarcting with the mystery boxes.
Speaker 1: I really get you don't. The real problem is how much did you throw away? That's the real question, because you usually get well done, well done.
Speaker 3: I think that's what is impressed by. I think he's impressed by the fact that he found all the matches.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: I do think it's important. It really is a little winner of the week, that one. But we're proud of you, Matt. You're a good job well, and that is it for us today, guys.