Speaker 1: Christian o'connells Show podcast on Friday. Show then chat post hit us with some shocking revelations that he intended to play over the weekend for the first time. Dungeons and Dragons now still keep an open mind.
Speaker 2: Three maximum limit to play that sound and that's number one. So just to take you back, my friend Nigel had organized for a song to play Dungeons and Dragons, which is like I thought it was a board game.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: You do roll dice, but it's more of a role playing game where Nigel is the dungeon master. He runs the world and we.
Speaker 1: Nigel is a fifteen year old friend of yours. Nigel is a thirty two year old school teacher. Right.
Speaker 2: He actually went to so much effort he three D printed our characters, so we got to come up with our our names.
Speaker 1: It is mum's basement where obviously still lives. He's got three D printer out in there is it.
Speaker 2: We each got three D printer, pen pencil, eraser each and a notebook.
Speaker 1: I'm getting I don't about you, Pats. I'm getting really rounds right now. You had me at pencil and eraser, so I like on a Saturday night, a pencil and an eraser, and.
Speaker 2: We each get a twenty sided dice, so you don't even have to share the dice. You get your own dice.
Speaker 1: What does a twenty sided dice look like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like I mean, imagine a dice, but now it's got twenty sides.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to it's so harsh to a twenty sided dice. Why does it need to have that many auctions?
Speaker 2: Well that they're your attack points. So say if you're fighting a goblin and the goblin's arm strength is fourteen.
Speaker 1: That's two one more use it.
Speaker 2: Well, you'll have to roll above a fourteen to kill the goblin. Well, actually I could. I could roll say a ten because I had a plus five strength, so I get to add five to my attack dice.
Speaker 1: But that is years.
Speaker 2: But to take you back to two o'clock on Saturday afternoon at my house I was hosting. Bianca had long gone. She planned just genuinely.
Speaker 1: She's packed as a final score. The fact that you even put my hat rack up in four good weeks, right, but the dungeons dragons was the last thing she just took off. She's left you.
Speaker 2: She organize something for the afternoon and into the night. She stay far away from Dungeons of Dragons.
Speaker 1: This is why footy has to return normally. You been watching a bombs Okay, now at two in the afternoon on a Saturday, when we should be watching a great game, you're doing Dungeons and Dragons.
Speaker 2: Well lucky, I picked two o'clock in the afternoon. The originally it was originally going to be on Saturday night. We would still be playing. It goes for so long?
Speaker 1: How long were you playing?
Speaker 2: Five and a half hour forget it? No, No, No, five and a half hours for chapter one?
Speaker 1: How many chapters?
Speaker 2: Five chapters? So we have only we've only played one fifth of our campaign.
Speaker 1: What's a campaign?
Speaker 2: We have to we have to come back again to who are you in it? I'm I'm the noble human fighter. My name was Colder Saint Clair. My powers were my strength, but I had low intelligence and.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, strong boy. So we would.
Speaker 2: Find goblins wolves. I killed Clagg, the head of the Goblin leader.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, she had a pretty good weekend. You killed Clack. I mean I got a new hoover, but you killed Clack. Update the news half has died.
Speaker 2: I told you the character that I told you about on Friday?
Speaker 1: What was his name? I didn't play for five hours.
Speaker 2: Gunderin rock seed Seeker. He got kidnapped, so we actually had to go crag more hide out.
Speaker 1: Roll that twenty sided dice again, Be honest with me, what was it like?
Speaker 2: It's honestly, it's it's fun to hang out with your friends.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's funny with your friends. Why get twenty starded dice involved and grunk locked fart pants wherever it is?
Speaker 2: It goes for way too long. It honestly went for way too long. You're seated at the table for five and a half hours and by the time you killed clag you're on the one fifth of the way through the story.
Speaker 1: And why does it take so long? Because I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you why because there's no you're not having goes. It's not like Monopoly. Where's your go? Patses?
Speaker 1: Go my guy? So what you doing?
Speaker 2: You just at any time you can ask any question like dungeon Master, may I inspect the wagon? Okay? If you if you roll your twenty sided dice and score over a.
Speaker 1: Ten, dungeon Master, can I get a life?
Speaker 2: Dungeon Master can I loot the bodies of the goblins we killed. Okay, you loot the.
Speaker 1: Body and get on. Who's dungeon mass? Is that nice?
Speaker 2: That's Nigel so And because he's never played before, he kept he's got like an almanac that he kept going back to and like, can they check the wagon? Right in the wagon you find well?
Speaker 1: Nitmus test question right? Will there be a chapter two?
Speaker 2: They want to do a chapter two?
Speaker 1: That's not the answer. I am busy, busy that guy Christian Christian o'con show, yes, count your blessings. You're not in the studio with us, because I'm very vulnerable here right in the studio is just me and him at the one right, And then producers allowed him what you know, social distance, and he just came round to my side of the desk where all the bars are, and he went, hey, here there's a little video from that night when they're playing dungeons and dragons you've never seen. There's all these kind of worksheets and admin and this Nigel, the so called dungeon masters, well, just do it. As all dungeon masters are. They are all sponsored by nikey, aren't they. Dungeon masters? Just do it. Just roll it all right, Patsy. What's the song that sums up your weekend?
Speaker 3: You know what, I made a magical discovery yesterday Our eight year old spilt her drink on our couch, on our leather couch. That's why we've got leather. When you've got kids, you've got to have leather, right, It's just like spray and wipe clean, not fabric.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you guys are leather couch people.
Speaker 3: Yes, love a leather couch.
Speaker 1: Doesn't surprise me. Yeah. Nice. What do you mean by that comfort? I've always dreamed of having a leather couch. They would never let me, but I think that is. Is it one where you've got all the arm rest and resting them cup holders?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the recliners yep.
Speaker 1: So what was your magical discovery of the weekend?
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't realize it had this magical pocket in the middle of the sofa that actually folds out into a little tray with two cup holders. Had absolutely no idea that it was there. Can't remember when we bought it that that was a feature.
Speaker 1: Of the couch.
Speaker 3: And it's just it's amazing. You can put your computer up on it, have a Kappa on there and it's nice and stable. It's like a built in stable table.
Speaker 1: Right when you ask me to get this clip ready, I thought there had been some magic in the Patsy House. I was like, I can't wait to find out what that is? A magical discovery. We were soul Jack and like magical beans Jack and the bean Stalk, right, A magical finding that there's a tray in your in your sofar a couch. It's not a magical discovery of Narni, it is.
Speaker 3: It's a life changer. You can Coppa's in there in remote.
Speaker 1: Needs to come back. Honestly, I've seen what happens to your Australians when there's no footy. You're thinking it's magical that the couch has got an armrest. Jack's playing Dungeons and Dragons on Saturday afternoon at two o'clock. This is what happens is coming back Dune the eleventh. Thankfully, everybody break Christian Iconnell the Christian o'connalds Show podcast. Saturday was our twenty second wedding anniversary, so I cracked out of bed really early at half six to get everything ready. I wanted my wife to wake up and just everything be taken care of. Okay, so we're ent. Sure the dogs were walked and all their pooped, and Pea was cleaned up in the puppies. I didn't want to have her stress to meet her in the morning, and I had a nice breakfast waiting. I said, when you start to stir, text me and I'll get all the breakfast ready so that when you come out it's all there. Patsy, get this. I also had twenty two roses, one for each year, all.
Speaker 3: Waiting, are you rhymeo you?
Speaker 1: And then when she came to the kitchen, I had this plane. This was our first dance twenty two years ago from Romeo and Juliet, which is a big movie we love that came out in ninety eight as well. However, you know, sometimes you can have all the best plans and then you don't know what woman is ever waking up. Sometimes I've got all this, I'm playing this almost drops to her hands and knees, crying so many lovely memories. Oh god, she's really crying. I go, what is it? This made me think about my mom and that my dad, and how I don't know when we're going to see them now? Today's a going to this morning now. So anyway, she's so upset, you know, and actually, to be honest, both of us at the moment, it's a conversation we're not happening because we don't know when Internet. Yeah, and we are. I'm not moaning about here in Australia. We absolutely love our life here. This is home and I hope, I hope this is for the rest of our lives. We love it here. But you know, we're obviously missing mom and dad because we know that you can't just hop on a plane. We were going to be going back for Christmas. Actually, when you look to the wedding photos, you're seeing all your family and mates, so I don't know when we're going to get to see them. So anyway, obviously, when when a lady really cries, I mean she's going for ten or fifteen minutes and she's feeling what she's feeling. The kids come down right and as roses, everyone like, oh it's low. They see him on they go, what have you done? Tom? And then lois, my thirteen year older, I think it's not some of my human just goes. She must have really hated that day, and even I started to think, is she crying about her mum or is it actually.
Speaker 2: That decision that she made twenty two years ago?
Speaker 1: Just thought that he could change. I just thought he could change. So anyway, So, like we were talking about last week on the show, in the evening, then we drove the car to our favorite restaurant and I were arranged to pick up our dinner there and then we were going to sit in the car and Eatail.
Speaker 2: Did you have a stable tables?
Speaker 1: Two stable tables?
Speaker 2: Yep, yep?
Speaker 1: And I drove and so she could have a glass of champagne and we had napkins. Everything already. Okay. However, even putting on Nice's clothes, when was the last time any of us did that?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so weird getting ready Saturday night, like oud a shave and I was like now my shirts rind or Oh you've got to put his clothes on again now and it's like fancy dress again, and god, this is so strange. You went out and also the restaurant said, hey, listen, we're very busy with this, but we're going to have all of you because it's a special dinner. We're gonna have everything ready. Bang on six o'clock. Okay, So I'm like, yeah, I can be there for six o'clock. So I said to my wife, all Saturday, we have to be there for six otherwise the food's me cold, and the whole reason we're driving there this what doesn't go cold? Why then? Why then would she We've got to be there for six It's a twenty two minute journey to get there, right? Why why? At five point thirty, she's calling her niece for ketchup on FaceTime. Oh, she's in her bra and underpants, and I'm like, we haven't been out in two months. Please, let's not be late for our first and she's like, I can't believe Chris, it's our it's our wedding anniversary, and you're stressing me out. I'd rather just got pizza take away now. So I go, no, that's okay, we'll wait. We were twenty minutes late.
Speaker 2: The food, who's cold?
Speaker 1: So guess what? Right? Oh, by the way, she knocks over her entire glass champagne all over my trouser legs, so I can't moan. Ag so wonderful and funny. This is like Tom Hanks and megrindlay and laugh about it and then the chair and why about how much that costs? For about twenty bucks. It's that champagne on my leg. Right now, the food's cold and we look at each other. Up. We've been outside them no more than seven minutes ago, so well, just go home right now, we're back with it half an hour. The kids go everything all right, we go, yeah, I warmed up the food. We've got our trackie pants on. This watched a movie from nineteen ninety eight. I'd made a playlist as well. No, I'm obsessed with playlists. I made a playlist for the car Trip of songs from nineteen ninety eight. Well, there there was some great stuff around in nineteen ninety eight and some absolute strange stuff as well. Coming up next time, I've got five songs from the nineties, right, because even I'd forgotten about even though we play quite a few of these songs on this station. This is my Christian O'Connell show podcast