Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Very rarely do I admit there's parts of my personality that I don't like. With all that I don't like them, I just think that, like, my life would be so much easier if I changed some fundamental things.
Speaker 1: Room for improvement, room for improvement.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to be optimal, don't want to be the best person ever. I just think that, like, there are ways where I can get in my way less. So a couple of years ago, I decided to be less of a picky eater, change my life for the best. You know, I can try different things. I'm like, how'd you do that?
Speaker 1: I just stopped saying.
Speaker 2: No and started saying and not just saying no, but instead of being defensive about being a picky eater, I would just describe to my friends, like what flavors I liked or didn't like, and what textures I liked or didn't like, and then kind of made it like a fun group things like, oh, what can we try based on this, like friendly consultation that might like that I might like cute? Because your friends, if you're a pickie eater, the people who suffer the most.
Speaker 1: It's not you, it's your people.
Speaker 2: It's your friends, your loved ones, and they're more than enthusiastic to like to get you through it. So that's another one. And then nobody likes spending all their money on like uber eats and Uber it's just lame. Like having the gift of a disposal income and then realizing a big chunker that goes to some random corporation who's selling you back food that you could get amazingly from a local business. You go to the corporation and get some like lukewarm chips and a burger. It's just lame. So I've been trying to like cook more use my amazing kitchen, not cook kind of assemble food. I'm just trying to assemble food and build good habits around eating. I think most of us struggle struggle with building good habits around food. So I got back from Ghana and I was like, I just need to make breakfast. You shouldn't eat breakfast. That's like the internet, says an ADHD thing. I think it's just an habitual thing. I usually wake up when I eat.
Speaker 3: The Internet conspiring to make you have aby.
Speaker 2: Like get over at Google or whatever. So I'm like, yeah, I should start making breakfast. And unfortunately, the moment I pulled out the eggs and the bacon and the McMuffin from the fridge, I felt really confident. But it was absolutely downhill from there. What I will say is that I did follow all the instructions. The pan wasn't too hot, and yet my whole apartment was smoking. The ventilator was on, the windows were open, the door was open. But then why is the whole building being evacuated because the alarm went off?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I poke my head out near the whole building is outside. They're looking around for the corprit. I'm looking around the culprit.
Speaker 1: It's not me, it's not me.
Speaker 2: And then I'm calling my best friend to be like, ha ha ha, come outside. She lives nearby. Also, I'm like, come outside. As she's walking towards me.
Speaker 1: Why two huge.
Speaker 2: Fire trucks coming towards me? And what I will say to that is like, sometimes we're trying new things, there.
Speaker 1: Will be obstacles. There will be obstacles. Do I want to cook again in my kitchen? Absolutely not?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I heard there's a huge.
Speaker 2: Fine, and I'm concerned they're going to pass that on. So here's what I know to be true, because when I say I can't cook, it's a lie. I definitely grew up in a traditional cultural household where I didn't I had to learn how to cook, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean? Yeah, absolutely, what would you cook pasta pizza?
Speaker 2: Cultural food? Like I was in the kitchen. I don't enjoy cooking. I just think it's too much effort for what you get back. That's why I'm such a snacker. Like I like assembling food and all these things, but I don't like the food expires. I don't like having things in the house that are expiring anyway.
Speaker 1: I'm just like a bachelorette. That's my vibe.
Speaker 2: So but when I was making these eggs, my concern with my apartment is that it's converted. So it used to be commercial. It's just been converted to residential. So like something about the way that it's set up. It's like open plan, but it's big and the windows are on the outskirts of it, right, So like the kitchen is like in the center of everything. So I'm always thinking, like, what's gonna like, is the extractor gonna like extract all of this in time? I don't know, but I do remember a couple of months ago the building manager being like, we need to get fire alarms put in so everything's up to code.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, chill.
Speaker 2: So when the alarm started going off, right, I caught the building manager because I know from my old apartments, if the alarm goes off, you just kind of like wave your towel in front of the detector or like turn it off right, none of that, Like this is some real, like high tech stuff. I caught the building manager. He's like, oh, yeah, that happens, like hmm with these like these commercial term residential. Yeah, look, just be mindful with it. I reckon and the fire trucks will come. But like, yeah, what can you do?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: So I hang up with him, and I see the site foreman because there's like some construction happening in the building. He's like, ah, yeah, fuck, yeah, this happens. I'm like, what do you mean this happens? Because I was happy to take the blame when I thought that it was me, right, Like, maybe.
Speaker 1: Would you pay the fun No? I didn't, Okay, maybe like the pan was too hot. It was smoking.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, if before I even put the pan to the stove, the windows are open, the doors open, the extractors on the fans are on, then I'm confused. And he was like, oh, because it's a conversion. They're not. The fire alarm is not only checking for smoke, but it's thermal as well, so when the temperature changes drastically, it's just gonna like trigger the fire alarm.
Speaker 1: Babes, it's just bacon, for one. What if I had a family to.
Speaker 2: Feed and this is You've had no idea because you I've never cooked. So we're pushing what like seven months. Jesus, they should be thanking me.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have cereal? Cereal? Not as an adult?
Speaker 2: So yeah, now I'm freaking out because I'm like, okay, so what's this then, because I have a lifestyle change to be made, right, I'm in the midst of being a better person and this feels like a barrier. So help me help you, sir, because I don't want to be a cat. He's like, yeah, look, nothing you do really, but miskid.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Do you see what I'm talking about with communicating? Like, what are we gonna do from here? Are you gonna keep We're gonna keep exacuating the whole building?
Speaker 1: Is that what we're gonna keep doing? You just gotta keep doing it? Like I just it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't really add up to me because anyway he's like, yeah, look like he's like, to be fair, that's why they can't sell your your apartment.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what do you mean sell it? This is news to me. He's like, well, yeah, like because they.
Speaker 2: Can't sell it because until it's transitioned into a full residential it's just like a bit of like a financial nightmare.
Speaker 1: True. Okays, I'm in limbo.
Speaker 2: So you're telling me, no wonder my realtor is never being like proactive with any of my requests, right because like they're not even needs to have it for very long, I said, noted, noted. So what I have been doing now is a process of elimination the things I can cook without triggering the fire alarm. Air fryer good, oh h good? You know you love your air fryer? Do you love the air fryer?
Speaker 1: Eggs? Fine? Boiling things, frying them fine? Good to go? How are you doing your I like a hard boiled egg? Cute. I say that for you just snacking on on the bus.
Speaker 3: I heard the story once that she was on a bus and the person in front of her took out a hard boiled egg and smashed on the window to.
Speaker 1: Like peel it. I'm obsessed. They're one of ours, one of my ours, for sure.
Speaker 2: But what I will say to that is, you know, people think that when you're trying to be better for yourself. That's another thing I will say, b where the people who are like dismissive of when you're trying to do better things. If I post that I go to the gym on the internet, suddenly everyone is like an ed expert, Oh I don't go to the gym anymore because it did this and so and so oh and like oh you know look like like, is the pressure of being an influencer forcing you to change babes?
Speaker 1: Do we not need to literally like do we not need to move our bodies?
Speaker 2: I'm confused, Like it's bizarre, who are these people randoms?
Speaker 1: Not like people who've like messaged you before.
Speaker 2: I don't even check these days, but it's so bizarre, Like I'm like this is anyway. So what I will say is that, like you think that you are going to be the hardest hurdle for when you want to do stuff.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, be careful of the little bloody devils people don't see you.
Speaker 2: I know it's gonna be too much. How should be pretty articulate and snatch babes. What I will tell you, though, is you can't take days off in the gym. I was here leg pressing one hundred killers. I'm down to eighty. I can't have a loss like that, not in twenty twenty three. We're working back at it. Anyway, good chat everyone, We'll see you soon.
Speaker 1: Flex and froomes. You're listening to Flex? What the frick? I want to tell you something.
Speaker 3: I want you to wherever you are. Don't close your eyes, but just tap into your body for a second. Take one breath in ready, oh you breathe in through the mouth, hold it and then out.
Speaker 1: I won't do it into the microphone, but two more times I did. I think one was really good for effect.
Speaker 3: I hope you're feeling relaxed, because this is how I've been feeling lately since I've recently become a surfer. My housemate is currently in Perth. What does that mean, I've got her surfboard all to myself. The other day, I decide I'm going to go out into the surf, into the waves at a very iconic Australian beach and I went out and I surfed. Did I get to stay on the board. No?
Speaker 1: Did I continually fall off? Yes?
Speaker 2: So just with no previous experience, you picked up the surfboard and you went to the iconic beach and you got in the water with the board.
Speaker 3: I was with a friend, okay, but yeah, pretty much, and I went to the really hectic end where all the professional servers are.
Speaker 1: This comes mere months after you almost drowned. I've not forgotten.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, and I didn't realize. But people who don't surf who are listening, you need a wax your board. If you don't put wax on the board, you slip off. Hear it my slipping deserved thinking oh my god, I have no balance, have no course strength.
Speaker 1: So I didn't have any wax on the board anyway.
Speaker 3: Something that is a gift from the Flex and Froom Show is that we interviewed she called Lottie DL a few months ago. She is the young australianity for New South Wales. She's a recycling queen. She runs a thing called Banish and I put on my Instagram I'm looking for a surfing buddy, non sexual.
Speaker 1: What does she do?
Speaker 3: She messages me saying I'll be your surfing buddy.
Speaker 1: Have you arranged a time and place?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We went on Sunday. How was it? It was amazing? Are you like standing up on the board.
Speaker 3: I got onto my knees okay, which is pretty good. I don't have much core strength to t behave, but you will.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But how good is that? It's so nice to learn new things.
Speaker 3: I'm starting a hobby and look I get caught in a rip. This time all good, but we survived. And the beach that I go to there's patrol and I'm going to just sing out, like because something that I learned when I almost run in BALI.
Speaker 1: The minute you feel a rip, put your hand up.
Speaker 3: There's nothing loser is about getting saved.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Flex and Frooms they're the best. What did you now?
Speaker 3: FLEXI and I are doing a live show on February third on the Island in Sydney Harbor, an iconic area, an iconic venue.
Speaker 2: Don't put in your calendar though, because it's not free to the public, free to super fans and VIP winners only.
Speaker 3: And we are about to call up a VIP winner the second last for the entries.
Speaker 1: I won't share their name.
Speaker 3: We're just going to see if they're going to say it.
Speaker 1: When we call up here we go, oh my god, come on this time, we have to do a prank call type thing.
Speaker 3: What I.
Speaker 4: Like speaking Hello?
Speaker 1: Is that Alex?
Speaker 3: Yes, my name's beach Face. I'm your long lost grandmother.
Speaker 4: Hello. Hello.
Speaker 2: Wasn't her best work? Everybody in the studio is scared. We're a little bit afraid. But it's okay because for me, did say twenty twenty three was the year of seeing the bit the whole way through?
Speaker 1: So we must humor her. Alex, Hello, are you sweetheart? Did you enjoy s?
Speaker 4: I was like nervous. I was weirdly nervous.
Speaker 1: It was verbal uncanny valley. Did you know that it was me?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Not, that was no co idea And I was in my work bathroom, ca am I? So I just answered like as seems I got ours and yeah, it made me really nervous.
Speaker 1: Were you preparing to hang out? Thank you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I wanted to see where it was going. I thought it could be like one of those new scam Yeah, give me.
Speaker 1: Some good ones out recently nailing it. Yeah, look, Alex, it's sorry you go hunt.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was just going to say, like I was nervous because I said, Hi, it's Alex too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, rookie move though. It happens to the best of us. Alex.
Speaker 3: We're so happy to announce that you have won VIP tickets to our live show Flex and Frooms on the island.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, amazing.
Speaker 3: That's like a perfectly excited response.
Speaker 1: I think it is going to be an exciting time. Are you going to jump off your seat? Maybe, but it's going to be greater. I heard that you recently went to Bali Is that true?
Speaker 4: Actually? Yes, thoughts, it was cool. It was very relaxing. I just went for a relaxing holiday and then I got Bari Belly, which wasn't that great.
Speaker 1: Hockey move, babe.
Speaker 2: I feel like when I heard about Bari Belly in you know, the year two thousand, I was like, Okay, this is I feel for people. We're getting to the year twenty twenty two, twenty three, We've got to do better, babe, Well did you eat?
Speaker 1: Was it the ice? It was the ice, wasn't it?
Speaker 4: I have no idea, Parna. We were eating the same thing and he was completely fine, and I was like, how the hell did this get me? So I think it could have been like water or something in the shower by accident.
Speaker 1: No, that's the spirit of Chappelle. And you're out for how many days?
Speaker 4: Just one day? And then I got a drip and it was amazing. It was messing.
Speaker 3: I've everdence drip in BALI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, a bit rogue, but no, I said, so, yeah, and then it fixed me right up.
Speaker 1: So that's really hot. Thank you so much for sharing. I love that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we want to see you on feb Search. It's going to be hot. Only hotties are coming. So you're one of one hundred. Tell your faves and your other faves that you've been crowned with this new title. So then how to treat you better? And hopefully you can ask your employee for a pay rise because the price.
Speaker 1: Has gone up.
Speaker 4: I'd love that. Look amazing.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see you soon.
Speaker 4: Awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. Wait, oh wait, this whole line.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Alex, thank you.
Speaker 1: So annoying, okay, so much. I'm just not hitting today, am I You're not eating perfectly? Thanks Alex for humoring us. Flex and frimes flex and frimes cater never miss a beat.
Speaker 2: You have been requesting moral dilemmas, and to that, I say, it takes too much brain space to get them to you, but I will do some thinking. Over the weekend, I was watching Alison Borderland.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of it? Through me? Oh my gosh, it is so good. It's on Netflix. It's about go on, hold on, hold on, hold on. Let me not paraphrase. Let me just let the internet. She said, go on. I wanted to call Alison.
Speaker 2: Borderland is about this obsessed gamer who finds himself in a strange, emptied out version of Tokyo, in which he and his friends must complete in dangerous games.
Speaker 1: In order to survive life or death games. Why would you roll your eyes? That sounds so good. What are you talking about? Giving game?
Speaker 3: And I'm not going anyway.
Speaker 1: It's giving squid games.
Speaker 2: So that's where my brain was at at the time. I was like, oh my goodness, we need to do some life or death moral dilemmas. So I was thinking about one that would incriminate all of us.
Speaker 1: So you ready for me? Yes, life or death situation.
Speaker 2: Would you rather sleep with all of your best friends partners and have them know like I'm talking today or you're in a circle out of circle all of them right?
Speaker 1: Or not do it at all? You know, exercise your agency, but have them all think you did anyway?
Speaker 3: In both scenarios, does everybody think I did? Yes, I'm gonna resist the temptation.
Speaker 1: Why are you thinking so hard about it? You sick o? Hi, boyfriends, nut, I'm a nut.
Speaker 3: If everyone gonna think I'm gonna nut, I'm gonna have to nut. Okay, what would you want to say be your best friend's boyfriends? No, I wouldn't do it, but you would be happy with everyone assuming that you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you don't know.
Speaker 2: Think about it right, Think about all the narratives of through me that exist in somebody else's group chat, all these assumptions, assumptions they're their babe.
Speaker 1: You know you know this is like what have you seen that?
Speaker 3: Like? It's a tickokrids of concepts that like you are someone's personal joke.
Speaker 1: Because like, for example, in my group chat. There's like really really.
Speaker 3: Random people that whenever they do something we like, post in the group chat.
Speaker 1: And that's not necessarily mean. It's mean. No, it's mean. No, no, no it's not. But it's like everyone has that like in good humor. It's in good humor. Everyone does it.
Speaker 3: You do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you agree? There's just people that would come to comment. I don't want to be a villain yourself.
Speaker 2: See how I didn't answer, Oh I did, but I had to. I had to sort of sandwich it around some morality.
Speaker 1: I'm a good girl.
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Maybe you've been listening to the Flex and Rooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 4: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.