Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: I thought, if it's good enough for the space Station, it's good enough for Patsy.
Speaker 3: I really did go to have a sauna.
Speaker 1: Thirty to forty seconds.
Speaker 4: Who are you working for? Will you Wonka?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four pinks.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Patsy, morning, Good morning Jackie boy.
Speaker 3: Morning guys.
Speaker 5: How are how is everyone looking forward to their weekend? What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 4: Patty?
Speaker 2: Oh, you know what. We're going on another road trip. We're all about the road trip. We're driving to Colac, which is a lovely Southwestern regional town. I'm taking my dad because there is an antique truck show on and he used to drive trucks, and this is right.
Speaker 3: So you are how old is an antique truck forties fifty sixties, So there's not the old big shiny one.
Speaker 5: Yes, theron bumper, big wheel, so you all go into that has already been trained to.
Speaker 2: No, she's got ballet, so it would just be dad, mum and I.
Speaker 4: Probably lit road tribut Yeah, what are you up to this weekend? Jackie boy?
Speaker 3: Did you get this bank and I go into the Comedy Festival on Sunday to a mid day matinee show.
Speaker 4: Great idea. I love it. I love the great idea.
Speaker 3: I have never seen a stand up show. Yeah it's Daniel Kitson.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Oh yeah, wow, I've got I've got tickets to go and see him. But he's doing a I think he's also doing a later one. I say later. I think it's like final six o'clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He was a cult figure when I was at the Comedy Festival, and I just got charmed by the idea of him doing a Sunday matinee show. That's my kind of time.
Speaker 2: It's a dilemma, though, do you eat before or after the show, because it's used to go.
Speaker 3: To breakfast beforehand. Yeah, my sister's coming and look after Gordy, so we're going to take the whole morning off. Actually, as we started to book things in like if we go to a movie together or a comedy show that goes for an hour and we book a babysitter, we like add a bit of fat on the back both ends of it. So my sister's coming at nine and then leaving at two pm so that we can go to a one hour show at midday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, that's what we have to do. Well done, you're already realizing what that buffer is probably the most important part of that whole thing to get because it's because it's the first time, probably in a couple of days or a week, you two have actually just get to hung out and speak to each other as grown nuts rather than some transactional thing where it's almost like you're running a small business together. Have you done that? By name? Did you send that after so and so?
Speaker 5: All you all you talk is like that, isn't it? So when you're out of the mat, you actually like look at each other for first time a week and go, hello, stranger, how are you?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 5: In double thumbs up, which you are about to start in a minute. You've also been to see a couple of stand up shows. I how do you feel about actually going to be made to laugh at the mid day?
Speaker 3: Do you think you're going to be in a funny great question. Yes, it's very it's very much the nighttime thing going to see the comedy, going to see comedy. But I'll say this when we're in Edinburgh, which is the best comedy festival in the world gets the best comedy festival in the world. We they've got shows all hours of the day, so you can wake up in the morning and after breakfast you can go and see a comedy show. Or we were still seeing stuff at one o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 5: I remember going to do I've done Edinburgh for three years and my favorite of the time spot was half five. I could finish that show by seven o'clock and guart for dinner. It was amazing early to bend. Yeah, I remember seeing Stuart Lee. It was an amazing comedian. I think he's coming here next year to the comedy Festival, right, he should always do three o'clock in the afternoon, and for first half an hour it takes people a bit of getting used to laughing in the afternoon. Then the last half an hour he'd absolutely stormed.
Speaker 4: But the first half and hour people were a bit like not quite sure how to behave at comedy gig in the middle of the day.
Speaker 3: You know what, I think will make a difference. If there's natural light coming through into that room, that will get off. But if it's completely dark you could probably trick yourself in thime.
Speaker 5: Go and see Daniel Kitson though he's won the best stand ups she'll ever see. All right after this Double thumbs Up, which only about me, Jack and Bats, You're into this.
Speaker 1: Week the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Every Friday on the show is someone called Double thumbs Up. We go around the team met Jack Abats telling about the things we're into this week. Patsy is the queen of this feature. Patsy, what's it for you this week?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 2: I think it would be fitting for me this week to tell you what I'm going to do this weekend. I'll be going across to YouTube and I will be looking at all.
Speaker 4: Is that the language you use to go across to YouTube? Going across to New.
Speaker 2: Zealand, catch a plane to YouTube it going to YouTube Land. I'm going to have a look at all of the classic Doug mulray TV shows. News came through overnight that he has passed his seventy one He was at Yeah, absolute legend broadcaster and just really a groundbreaker of his time. He was on three AW in the seventies and then moved to Sydney the old Triple J and then across to Triple M and just sealing hots.
Speaker 4: Huge loss to people. When I first moved to everyone kept mentioning Doug mulray and to look him up and see what he did on the radio and on TV here as well for being a real pioneer and groundbreaking broadcastering incredibly talented. Love people.
Speaker 5: When you meet people used to listen to him, they still talk about him as if they'd heard him last week. Which is it said so much about someone who is bigger than just being a radio DJ.
Speaker 2: Exactly, And that's what his style of radio was. He was he was different. He wasn't afraid to do his style of radio. And that's the thing about it. It doesn't matter how old all these skits are, they're still as fresh as the day they were done. He was just he was amazing. I loved watching him and listening to him growing up. So if you have a look at YouTube, there's quite a few clips of his very short career At Channel nine. Kerry Packer took him off air after thirty four minutes because he was playing up.
Speaker 3: He's doing it like a Tonight's show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did a late night show. It was brilliant and Kerry Packer rang and.
Speaker 4: Thirty four years I didn't know that but the Trailblazer on the radio thirty.
Speaker 2: Four minutes, thirty four minutes, Yeah, and he was taken off air.
Speaker 3: I want to know what he did.
Speaker 2: Well, the language was a bit dicey, and Kerry didn't really and just the content.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't would have been that dicey surely.
Speaker 2: Just the contempt that Dougie had, I think for for the execs as well, like he just it was unashamedly himself and that's what I loved about him. So have a look. There's heaps of stuff. There's stuff about.
Speaker 4: His Yeah, people are listening right now. Upset.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so too soon. Seventy one vallet to Dougie. And also this week I have found something on face book. Jack you will love this because you and be going across the Facebook now. It's a short hop you and Banker love to make pasta. I found this site pastor Grannies that I'm following on facebookund oh they're amazing, these Italian women in their nineties. Who oh, they're amazing making faster and it's funny. I remember Jamie Oliver episode once where he went into this Italian village and try to learn all the skills from these Italian mommas and all their their recipes and he just he said, I just I'll never be as good as these women. These recipes have been passed down generations, but they're fascinating to watch, and all of them the common theme is, you know, my grandmother taught me this film when I was a little girl, and oh god, it looks amazing.
Speaker 3: Some of the stuff they not even recipes suggest that there's measurements involved, whereas there's a lot of like, oh, you just got to.
Speaker 5: They don't have little measuring things we have for a teaspooner holping it.
Speaker 4: They pour it in and you're like, is that half the bottom of olive oil?
Speaker 2: And you know what impresses me they don't have bowls. They do you know, the pasta mix with the egg and the flower all on their bench tops. There's no bowls at all. They're amazing. You can get a book. There is a book pastor Granny's. I've ordered it on book Topia, so I can't wait to get it.
Speaker 5: Christian Connell's show podcast Takes a Time and the Time Wasted coming up in five minutes time. Right now, we're doing a numble thumbs up, well me, Jack and Patsy talking about the things we're into at the moment, the sweet Jackie Boy, what's it for you?
Speaker 3: Were talking about the Comedy Festival earlier this morning and I went to see a great up and comer. If you're looking for a local land, who's a great up and comer at the Comedy Festival this year? I saw Fergus Neil last night in his show Furglicious, some genuine real laugh out loud.
Speaker 4: I really liked him. And where where's he performing?
Speaker 3: He's performing at Trades Hall in the Efforts Room.
Speaker 4: Awesome. And what else have you liked this week?
Speaker 3: And then our favorite TV show of all time is back on Binge Succession season four as hit and I actually watched a YouTube clip that was seasons one to three recap and went for over half an hour. This guy sits down and essentially takes you through all the bad.
Speaker 5: If this sounds intense, it's not. It's just someone like Game of Thrones. There's some of these big TV shows that's so well made, like I guess a classic novel where there's a lot of characters going on, it actually demands a little bit of work.
Speaker 4: Game of Thrones. She's been like that, and I like that about it.
Speaker 5: There are some TV shows she's put on and watch it and that's all the relationship is up popcorn, that's and that's great. But some shows you go you actually also have a refresher course, like.
Speaker 3: As Shakespearean dry You've got to remember all the characters in the family. But it's worth I think that it's worth the mental bandwidth to put into it because it's such a.
Speaker 4: Happen Have we ever seen a TV show? Right?
Speaker 5: And we can't recommend this enough. This is the start of season three, which is going to be the last one, right, And there's a reason why everyone's raving about it. Do you have a favor? Go back and watch it. It is the most despicable family.
Speaker 3: Yes, everybody in the show is unlikable.
Speaker 5: And you credit always a bit like the Murdocks. You can draw your own conclusion about who they're talking about.
Speaker 4: Right. And a friend of mine works for the Empire, the real Empire, Yeah, and has said, if you've seen that, it'll go No, No, they've seen it. You would have seen it, right, they've watched that.
Speaker 3: Watch it.
Speaker 5: But it is so well observed and you actually don't like any of the characters. Do you know, they're all vile, but there's something mesmerizing about watching how they behave. It's beautifully shot. It's like a work of art sometimes. Yeah, Succession is very very good. The other TV show that came about this week and we were talking about it two days ago. For the first time ever this here in Australia. It's been running for about ten years.
Speaker 4: They're doing various very remote areas all over the world, Canada, America and I think Norway as well, and I know they've done Sweden too. It's called Alone and there are ten survival experts and these are people who have jobs, but they obviously have a high level of survival skills and they are they're with their own about seventy kilos of recording equipment and they document their own. There's no producers with them. They are dropped off.
Speaker 3: They're probably alone and you have.
Speaker 5: To literally build their own shelter, catch their own food. If you don't catch food, you don't eat, you will start to break down physically and then mentally. And then they've got satellite phones. But whoever's lasts there, whether it's six weeks, eight weeks or two weeks, they win a lot of money. It's like quarter a million dollars anyway, first time over this season Southern Hemisphere. It's in Tasmania. Not just that, I just presume they do it. Tasmania is a beautiful country, right yep. It is chill even in the summer, right, it's chilli there.
Speaker 4: They've done it in the winter, in the middle of the winter. The first thing I'll be asking, even if I was interested in so are they what season is this going to be? When are you filming this? And I go, that's the win. We ain't doing it.
Speaker 5: It's so I hope the Tasmanian Tourist Board haven't put any money into that film because it looks it looks grim.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's where Game of Thrones.
Speaker 5: They should have just you should have just moved from Northern Ireland where they were come to Tasmania. You don't need any graphics or special effects.
Speaker 4: Wet, windy, cold.
Speaker 5: Also, i've seen the first two episodes they're up to watch on demand on SBS. It's actually very very interesting about do you watch it thinking how would you cope?
Speaker 3: What would you You can't help but think would I survive even one day?
Speaker 4: The yeah, and I love on.
Speaker 3: This season, so everybody gets to choose ten items that they bring for what would you bring? I would bring. On some seasons they bring this shovel that's also got a blade on the side of.
Speaker 5: The buddings do those? I want one of those, even though I've got no reason for it.
Speaker 3: My friend bought one off Facebook market.
Speaker 4: It's like survived a sport, and then we took it to a remote area and tried to throw it into trees, you know, like axe throwing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the blake A.
Speaker 4: Wait, you actually did that?
Speaker 3: We did that?
Speaker 4: Yes? Right? I thought you were joking.
Speaker 3: You've got to prepare Christian case this ever comes up.
Speaker 4: A teenage person, an actual adult jack post. You actually threw stuff out a tree. But what would you take? I would take a couple of books.
Speaker 3: You get.
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I read these books?
Speaker 4: Right? I did? And then you can use it for firewood. I take nine.
Speaker 3: Books, right, and the firelighter.
Speaker 4: I'd read the nine books and go Do you know what I'm done? I reckon I could get through a book a day. I'd at least do nine days, even if I was starving. I'd need the books.
Speaker 3: You think lou roll as well, how scarce does the what they take with them. One lady on this season doesn't even take a sleeping bag, which i've You're sleeping.
Speaker 5: In the ground in the winter of Tasmania, and yet she's doing really well. Gather some ferns to cowt I should just say, right. There are a couple of people representing Victoria. One of them is a teacher, and I mean, I look, I would never do something like this. But if you've signed up for that.
Speaker 4: And you are putting your hand at saying I'm a survival expert, I can live off the land.
Speaker 5: With allow this person is every other word is an ever. I've never seen someone who hates nature. Hell, this is the stupidest thing I've ever done.
Speaker 4: Body.
Speaker 7: And it's raining now, it's everything's damp. I mean, well, I'm meant to fish here.
Speaker 3: Even at one point she goes something's.
Speaker 7: Pongy, there's a terrible there's a terrible smell here. It's like, yeah, it's nature, it's the land.
Speaker 4: We're a guest on this planet.
Speaker 5: The other thing is at the beginning of the first two episodes, there's a warning up there. I wrote this down and paused it. This program features trained survival expert. Do not attempt this yourself. Now I'm there having my Dorito's right and she's in Sautsa.
Speaker 4: Oh, don't worry, I'm not. I'm not watching that thinks you know what I'm doing this weekend. I'm going go and sleep on the fall in the forest in West Tasmania. At no point, who are the bozos? Have they actually put that?
Speaker 5: Because someone has tried to do that with no survival skills. I think the lady Victoria a little No. You've got to watch it. It's on It's on SBS. It's a really really interesting show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Ahead of Eastern next weekend on the time Wasted to Day, not one but two of you getting golds for best in Shows. Hayes Chocolates two hundred and fifty dollars Hayes Chocolate chocolates. Those are chocolate hampers for the most delicious gifts.
Speaker 3: And what kind of food is it?
Speaker 8: Again?
Speaker 4: I believe there's semi chocolate. Listen, Hayes, just tell us what's in those chocolates? Quipping so vague? All right, So we're looking for your clothing bands. Clothing bands.
Speaker 5: Who's on stage at Textile Fest twenty three. Shoey Lewis in the news. Slack Street Boys. Oh there's some smart old slacks on them. They've been ironed.
Speaker 4: Silver, Dicky Chicks, oh Dickey, Yeah, skaters out there, silver plus haul and coats.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 4: Oh that's my ones. What have you got, Jackie Boy for clothing.
Speaker 3: Bands, Mumford and Sonny's Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, silver bluss.
Speaker 3: One for the kids, smashing pumpkin patch.
Speaker 4: Gold, that's very good.
Speaker 3: What's Bruce Springsteen's nickname again?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: The Boss, No, the Hugo Boss.
Speaker 2: But that's just a brand.
Speaker 3: That's a brand of clothing.
Speaker 5: Actually, Patsy, you're right, you're smarter than me this morning. She's more on it. It is you mark one of them down for.
Speaker 3: That, okay, not the killers, the colors, yeah, okay, Silver blush.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Extra Time on the Time, waste two hundred and fifty dollars worth of Haig's chocolate Stu for grabs right now, for.
Speaker 4: Two of you your clothing bands.
Speaker 5: Jack you're ready to mark, Let's go skiv e Vanilly Silver, smock of seagulls gold.
Speaker 4: No kids in their socks O tax on old that's good.
Speaker 5: Well on Chris Lady bra Bra gold Shinzia Frankie goes to Hoodie wood not quite silver like Oliver, No chocolates view, Tom Petty Coat silver, Bruce Skinny.
Speaker 8: Jeans, silver shirt, Cobaine silver plus, Kenny Leggings gold dressed Leopard Bronze.
Speaker 4: Zz Tops.
Speaker 3: I haven't done that much with it.
Speaker 4: Michael's got Christians. The Hilltop Hoods is the High Hill Hoods Silver, Simon and Scarf Funkel gold right on.
Speaker 5: Chris David bow Tie silver, System of a gown gold.
Speaker 4: That's very good.
Speaker 5: Carl zz crop top silver, Motley Shoes gold bonnet Jovi.
Speaker 4: I love the idea. John wear a nice easter bonnets gold, spandaxpallet gold, Ario tweed Wagon Glenn and Lane Warren.
Speaker 5: That's very very good mate, Ario tweed Wagon is very good for clothing.
Speaker 3: Any tweed in your wardrobe?
Speaker 4: No, I uh know, as you think.
Speaker 5: Most English people have tweeted tweeting Cordroy, my pajamas are twisted knickers.
Speaker 4: Meredith has got twisted.
Speaker 5: Knickers silver plus Rage against the Sewing Machine Bronze Christian not Ray Parker Junior.
Speaker 4: No, it's Rain Parker Jr. Green fabric day, no bronze wo tank clogs gold. They need to do their own clogs. Is a C fleecy gold instead of Cat Stevens hat Stevens. That's Chris and brick Well. Christie's are very good. They want the chumplets slipper.
Speaker 3: Not silver brief Urban Silver Plus.
Speaker 4: Just played them. Jock set gold that's very good and nw A Nickers with attitude, very very very scary reading that one out could have done a dog Marle Ray there all right.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Every week on the show we give away one thousand dollars for our caller of the week. Whenever we hear a lovely story or great story, one that makes us laugh or moves us, we give you one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Thanks for miss any phones, Berrit.
Speaker 5: Now it should have gone the other day on Wednesday at about ten to eight. I was trying to catch Jackie Boy's eyes, but you were staring at your shoelaceers or something.
Speaker 3: I wish. I actually think I remember the call. I was shocked by the call I was waving.
Speaker 4: It was the one with the coming down.
Speaker 5: Anyway, good news to you guys, is we have one thousand dollars to give away this hour for the best phone call we get the best story. There are three ways you can win that one thousand dollars this morning. Any stories you've got about unusual dates? Last week, when I was going to see John Wick four as chapters, two guys behind me, they're on their second date. They'd worked out on their first date. They both had a shared love of the mighty John Wick. I think Keanu rees what they said. Say on their second date, they're going to see John Wick four. Perhaps you've ever been on some unusual dates.
Speaker 2: One of our first dates we met before sort of Christmas New Year, back in ninety two, whatever it was. Anyway, we our first sort of too.
Speaker 4: They've been together like a billion years.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we have.
Speaker 2: We have our first Did.
Speaker 4: You meet in the womb? I share every year it gets We met in seventeen eli by the end of the year it was fifteen forty two. Jesus married us.
Speaker 3: And it's like every time you tell a story about getting into radio, you get the younger and younger. You were like twelve years.
Speaker 2: Old, I was seventeen. I'm always I was seventeen.
Speaker 3: They said you on investigative journalism at nine years old.
Speaker 4: The special news bar. All right, now, Patsy won.
Speaker 2: So our first sort of sleepover because we're both still living at home, right, So our first sleepover. It was New Year's Eve. We went to a party.
Speaker 4: And we were okay with this kind anyway.
Speaker 2: We booked a lovely motel. Right, he's a keeper, right, So went to the party.
Speaker 4: Audio right up to the door, it's flashing and the on sign they're saying no vacancyas and I slipped you a hundred. Maybe there is a vacancy with a waterbed story or no, we really want to hear it. Now.
Speaker 2: Got home back to the room about three o'clock and then we hear a knock at the door. I thought, goodness, what's that company? Chris and and it was his best mate Andy, who had a bucket of KFC chicken under one arm and a slab of beer under the other. And he's gone, come in mate. The party continues where he got a bucket of chicken at that hour of the night.
Speaker 4: I do not know, probably be like, what's your mate doing?
Speaker 2: But the thing is I stuck around? How stupid was I? I went on to marry the guy, not Andy, Chris.
Speaker 4: It's not really like an unusual date.
Speaker 5: UNU date and leester date was you know, come out with me to a motel and eat some chicken with my mate.
Speaker 4: Andy.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well look that I right, we've done there is actually good because what it shows us how you ain't gonna win that one. So well done you for doing that so unusual dates the other way, the other two ways. You can call the show today and win on No. Four one four one o four three is Things old People Love. I was talking about how much to aunties over in their seventies from England last weekend and we were often take them to twelve apostles. What they want to do is go to a local gardening center to look at some flowers. Things are people love? And what happened on your school trip? What did you all run? Nan Grande used to like Jackie Boy.
Speaker 3: After they retired. My dad. Granddad was a milkman for his whole career, so getting up at three o'clock in the morning every day. He kept that routine after he retired, and at three thirty in the morning that we get dressed and go to Crown Casino. What they would use their pension to play the Pokeys and then have the free complimentary breakfast and come home. I love so if.
Speaker 5: We went over to it's like Danny Ocean in his older years and the crew doing a heist.
Speaker 3: If we went over even at seven o'clock in the morning to visit my grandparents, they'd already had a full.
Speaker 4: Day, all right. So we're looking for your stories about unusual dates, things old people love, and what happened on your school trip.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: One thousand dollars up for grabs. Three ways you can win the money and share his stories. Unusual dates you've been on, Things that old people love and what happened on your school trip?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Oli, Good morning?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 5: We're good ONLLI, Welcome to show. A good week? And which one are you calling in.
Speaker 1: About what old people love?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What do old people love?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 11: I do a lot of work in people's homes, and I do a lot of elderly and I always find they love fridge magnets.
Speaker 4: What is the accumulation of them? Like tons of them?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Their fridges are just chokers, They're full of them.
Speaker 3: Maybe because you've lived a long and successful life.
Speaker 5: You get the more magnets if it's just adds up over the decades, right.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you are you right. I'm thinking of my grandparents and their fridge head. So they used.
Speaker 4: The magnets for healing. When we're not there, they're placing them on authoritic joints. That's a great one.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they've always got like the magnet for the doctor or a trade. I guess it's a good reminder of another thing. I always, yeah, I always. If I go away overseas, I'll always buy a magnet from my grandparents.
Speaker 4: You're on shaved ground, my mother. Don't think they love as a coaster as well. Don't you don't put that you don't even think about putting that drink down on beare Wood, that coaster. They're like ninja. They're on you with the coaster. Ollie, thank you very much. You killed mate. Have a good weekend.
Speaker 12: Thank you to sir.
Speaker 4: Sir. Now I'm heading to fifty. Is that what you call someone like me, sir, older person?
Speaker 3: You probably have a pretty sizable magnet collection yourself.
Speaker 4: Nicole Nicole, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 13: How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm good, Nicole, and I hope you're well. And uh, what are you calling it about? Which one school trips?
Speaker 10: I'm calling about school trip. Yes, so we went on school trip and there was a two seater swing thing that sort of went up in the air. There was a person at the bottom, person at the top, and as the person came down from the top, the chair actually spun on an axle.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 10: And I didn't tie my hair up, and as I was the chair was coming down, it started swinging and my hair started raveling and the next thing I know, I'm screaming. So they had to stop it. And as they stopped it, they stopped it as the hair was right against my scalpe.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 10: And they had to cut it, like cut me free with scissors. So I walked around the rest of the school camp with a great big bull patch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, basically like a month, yes, Fryer, Oh my god, that sounds like agony.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it wasn't fun.
Speaker 3: How long did it take to grow back?
Speaker 10: It took a good twelve months to go back.
Speaker 4: What did you like school photos? You put a little wig on there or what do you do?
Speaker 10: Well, Luckily it was kind of mid mid you.
Speaker 4: Can do a comb over.
Speaker 10: Basically, it was a combover and a lot of hats and school photo had already been done.
Speaker 4: Nicole, funny story. Have a lovely weekend, you too.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Matt.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Matt, Good morning.
Speaker 14: Christian Things old people love. My wife's grandmother was in love with Murder, she wrote, and so much so that she would watch it all day long. And as she her memory faded, she changed channels on Foxtail to the Foxtail Plus two channel, and the same episode was sad again, and she'd go, oh good, this is nice, and she'd rewatch the next episode.
Speaker 4: Episode. Oh, I think I know who the killer is. I put some money on this.
Speaker 14: She loved it so much so that in the end we went then finally passed away. A couple of years ago, we played the theme music to open up her funeral.
Speaker 4: Oh I love that.
Speaker 5: What a great thing to do. She would have loved that. I bet I got a smile at a sad occasion as well. At the funeral, it.
Speaker 14: Did aze several people laugh and they all clicked on quite quickly as why we're playing.
Speaker 15: It and what it was.
Speaker 4: Oh that's great, Matt, Thank you very much. You cool. Have a nice weekend, you two. Christian nine four, one four, one, O four three, So unusual dates.
Speaker 5: We haven't had any of those yet. We've got any stories of unusual dates, things old people love. I'm really enjoying these calls coming through. And also what happened on your school trip?
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: We've just gone down a murder. She wrote Wormhole Here guest stars when they were very young.
Speaker 4: Joaquin Phoenix.
Speaker 5: Joaquin Phoenix, the Joker was in an episode of Murder, she wrote, along with a very young Brian Canston, Courtney Cox, George Clooney, Neil Patrick Harris.
Speaker 4: That's amazing and known. It ran for years and years. All right, we're starting to get the stories of coming through.
Speaker 5: Then about strange dates she went on unusual dates. Christian went on a first date and she brought her parents along.
Speaker 3: That's ego intense.
Speaker 5: Christian, we were about seventeen, went out on the first date. We got the train to the city to watch a movie. It was a funal since she was lovely, but her sixteen year old brother tagged along with us the whole time. Kushan I hadn unusual date. One on a date with a twenty five year old man who didn't have his license, so his friend drove him to pick me up. All three of us then went to time zone and I ended up third wheeling them.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, madam? All right, unusual dates? Things are people? Love? And what happened on your school trip? Let's get a Tania here. Good morning, Tania, Good morning?
Speaker 16: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good Tania. So I wish you when you're calling in about an unusual date.
Speaker 16: Unusual date. I think my husband's listening to so who doesn't know I've called in On our first date. He drove me home and wanted to see if I was the one. So he wound up the windows, locked them, and then farted.
Speaker 3: And you say you're still married?
Speaker 16: Yes, Mary, ten years later, we're still married.
Speaker 4: That was his litmus test for the one.
Speaker 17: The one.
Speaker 16: It was quirky and funny. I was like, well this is different.
Speaker 3: You remember it?
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say too much because you're married.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 3: But I heard a definite red flag for me.
Speaker 5: I heard participated and taking your story China, and I heard her go and you stayed with him. We're not really make editor aalize on their lives, but on that one, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: O Mecca.
Speaker 5: Uh chin, that's something else all right, Chiny, thank you very much for call. Let's squeeze and Susan before Patsy's news.
Speaker 4: Susan, Hi, how are you? I'm good? An unusual date? What happened? Susan?
Speaker 15: Okay, so my husband's also listening. Like ten years so back in the day when we were on our pay plates and poor people because we'd only just started working, my husband had a h Q Holden Premier sorry premier, not a holding a Premier and he needed the the dip the dip switch to make his hip his high beams come on and it could be like a little button down near the accelerator.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 15: So we turned the way up to lavidon car Wreckers and it was like pick apart, so you had to go out there with your toot. So he picks the part and he goes quick, put it in your pocket, and we'll just walk out of here, real casual. So we're just casually walking out and I've got all this buddy high beams switched thing in the pocket and he's just like walking out casually with his tools. So yeah, our first state was.
Speaker 13: Like a grand.
Speaker 3: Really, it's not even just the fact that he wanted to steal. It's like he took you to a.
Speaker 7: Car wreckers like, and you you're still.
Speaker 15: With this guy thirty years later.
Speaker 4: Red flags had n't been invented.
Speaker 3: You didn't know about now.
Speaker 4: We didn't know well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show Podcast.
Speaker 5: One where when the team are taking your calls during the song, So there's lots of you calling in and which we're very grateful for the team quickly, just because they have to get the kind of the overview what your story is as quickly as possible, which is why if you called in, they're not being rude. They're just trying to find out, trying to hear your stories quick as possible, and then they they will type up what your story.
Speaker 4: Is about swine essentially so we can all have a look and go that one sounds good, That one sounds good. Line eight. All it says is John Australia helpful.
Speaker 5: Because we're getting all these called is from Mogadishi, keep trying to win that the money back?
Speaker 4: Is it incable? John Australia unusual dates dated a witch? Now does he mean? Does he mean an actual practicing witch? What I mean? I don't I don't think we need to find out more. Jack also said he sounded gnarly, maybe that much that which put a curse on it, the old dreaded narly curse. That's my son. Some of them are a bit nihly. They must have all gone with out with that witch. Kim was on the line. Good morning, Kim.
Speaker 18: I went on a date with a guy when I was about sixteen, back in the seventies and by to the drive in. His dad picked us up and we walked in because he didn't have a car, and they had like a feating shelter that we sat and watched the movie, which I thought.
Speaker 4: Was really I've never heard of it.
Speaker 3: Walking in the driving dad dropped you in the front gate and you.
Speaker 17: When you asked, yeah, we walked up to the ticket.
Speaker 9: And bought a tickert and he goes, oh, there's a sheltered bit inside and it was like a bus stop. So in we went and we sat in the bus shelter all it up, you know, like a Christmas tree, and watched the movie.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was weird.
Speaker 18: And then he dad picked us up when we finished, and we had to walk out with all the cars.
Speaker 2: What did you do for sound?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Because you needed to pull the car up to put it on your aeriel.
Speaker 9: Well I think this booth was for, you know, if you wanted to sit in the driving So there must have been more than us that did it, because you could actually we hear it. But yes, they did have the old passioned speakers.
Speaker 17: And yeah, so yeah, very embarrassing day.
Speaker 15: We didn't go on the second one, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kim, thank you very much. You have a lovely weekend. Thanks calling the.
Speaker 16: Show you too, Bye.
Speaker 4: Nicole, good morning, No no Lean, Noeline No Nine.
Speaker 6: Hello, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good, Nullie, welcome to the show. An unusual date that you went on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I met my hubby or you near my hubby. I should have run, but anyway, second date, he said come home and meet the family. I knew he had two brothers. I thought mom and dad two brothers. When I got there, I thought they were having a party. Now I found out he was one of ten kids. Then we're sitting in the landry when I hear come and get it. So we grabs my hand and we go flying into the kitchen. He grabs a plate and throws it in my hand and says, here you get to sit at the table because you're a gift.
Speaker 4: So I sat at the table were the rest of them sat. Then, if you're not a guest, on the floor and.
Speaker 6: On the floor in the lound room. And then I'm sitting there and he hands me a fork and he said we have to share a knife. I said, they don't get my own? Nice and said no, but you get your own fork. I said, thank you. He said would you like a drink? I said yes please, So I got a grass and lemonade in a bit of my jar. Wow, and I went back, Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: Naleine, thank you very much. She call and let's try Josie here. Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Josie.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show. Yeah, very good. Unusual date you went on?
Speaker 13: Okay, so, twenty five years ago I met my partner who I'm still with today. He was on a date with a girl at Williamstown. I went to the beach with my mates at Williamstown's. He rang me and was like where are you And I said, I'm at Williamstown with you know so and so and he's like, come get me. He goes, I need to get away from this cheek so I went and picked the map and we've been together ever since. We went for ice cream, and we're getting married this year in October.
Speaker 4: Wow. Congratulations.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so very unusual. He was on a date and then I end up with him on a date, and twenty five years later we are I don't.
Speaker 4: Compare the market or on that. All right, Josie, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 5: All right, last chance to try and win the one thousand dollars. We'll be giving it away in five minutes time. Unusual dates, Things aren't, people love and what happened on your school trip?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Talking this morning about unusual dates you've been on, things old, people love and what happened on your school trip?
Speaker 4: Christian, I don't think you could get away with this now.
Speaker 5: As the eighties we went on a school trip to Darwin in grade six. Let's just take some torches and go looking for crocodiles night. They must have hated those kids they went there listening to you. A little special treat the kids that annoyed them all school.
Speaker 4: You take these torches so.
Speaker 5: The CRTs can see you really easy, and you're going to have a look for the crocodile. David, that's unbelievable, Christian. Unusual date. When I was in my twenties, I went on our first date to a very expensive seafood restaurant and he fell asleep at the table. I had to wait until the restaurant closed the way to help me carry him to the car. The waiter then asked me out and we started going out together. Christian, we're having a school trip. It was a school can, but I was trying to cost the factor with the money I was given by my parents. Instead of purchasing soft drink cans individually, I got a twelve pat from the supermarket. On the down of the bigger hike, I packed them in my bag. We reached this summer and then we had to turn around and go back again for another couple of hours. I took the cans out, started selling them to the other kids at a heavily inflated price.
Speaker 4: And made a tidy profit. All right, last few calls then, Vicky, Hello, Vicky, tell us what an unusual date that you went on.
Speaker 10: Yes, I went on a date with a guy in the eighties who worked at the Forks Crematorium and he took me on a tour of the crematorium.
Speaker 4: There's stuff there that none of us need to see until we dad.
Speaker 3: That's why they don't do public tours.
Speaker 4: There's no gift shop there. And did you ever see him again?
Speaker 9: No, I didn't.
Speaker 10: I didn't because he had He seemed to have this real obsession with the death.
Speaker 15: And I think as he toured me around the crematorium.
Speaker 4: He didn't stop messing you up.
Speaker 13: That I'm expected, hope.
Speaker 4: I'm pushing you through that curtain into the big furnace.
Speaker 3: That is terrifying.
Speaker 4: We've heard, Oh, Vicky, thank you very much. You killed me.
Speaker 5: Have a good weekend, you too, Thank you, dishwasher. They want you, it's ticking off something else to do. This was cooling us.
Speaker 4: Johnny Boy, Good morning John.
Speaker 19: Hello, Hello Christian.
Speaker 4: John tell us about an unusual eight.
Speaker 19: Okay, it was about thirty five years ago and I was working at this place and I was really really keen on one of the girls there, and I didn't have any courage to ask her out on a date. But actually I ended up getting another job and I was leaving anyway. I thought, well, you know what, I've got nothing to lose now I'm leaving, so I asked her out on the date. She accepted, so we organized for a Saturday night to go out for dinner. And at the time, I was racing motorcycles and I ended up going on the Saturday for practice, and then because I was racing on a Sunday and I ended up breaking my legs so badly, I ended up in hospital. And that was pre mobile phone, so I couldn't rendre to cancel, and anyway, she found out, and then I ended up coming to the hospital on the Monday, and we had pizza for dinner there.
Speaker 4: In the hospital, so that the first date was at your hospital bed. Yes, John, that's great. And then what happened? Did you did you start going out together or we did?
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah we did. We ended up ended up dating and ended up going out.
Speaker 4: And are you still together all right? Johnny boy? Thank you very much the story mate. Have a nice week, can well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian were talking about school camps and once in different times we had a thing school camp in the late eighties called the mud Ride. All the kids were piled into a trailer behind a four wheel drive and we were driven at speed with reckless abandonment through the bush tracks, often losing a kid on. Those kids are now grown up, they're still out there trying to get home.
Speaker 3: Bless them.
Speaker 4: All right, Nature Strip radio? Where we sell your stuff? Can I sell it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 9: You can?
Speaker 4: Where on the radio? Nat Strip? Oh my god? The best one team? Well done? All right? Nine four one four correct one oh four three. Strange place of port, but that's it. Nine three.
Speaker 3: Give him a chance to write, get that.
Speaker 20: Pain, go get that pe.
Speaker 5: What are you trying to sell? What would you like us to sell on your behalf on? Nine four one four one o four three. Now before we go to loan, Jackie boy wants to sell some stuff. Jack what are you saying?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Christian, I'm live from the storage shed. Let's have a look at what's on offer. A jute rug measuring one hundred and fifty nine by two hundred and twenty seven centimeters. This rug is much loved and hardly used. Remember jute is cute. A twenty meter HDMI cord. Did I hear that correctly? Twenty meters of high quality cord. Yes, much loved and hardly used. This cord will provide uncompressed video signal to any room in the house. Take the TV down the bottom of the garden if you like. It's twenty meters scared of the dark light the way with your very own ever ready dolphin heavy Judy torch life, much loved and hardly used. I bet you don't hear this very often battery is included, Christian, back to you in this study, Jackie boys.
Speaker 2: This is all your old stuff. First there was the ute. Now this stuff, this is all good.
Speaker 3: He hardly used.
Speaker 4: For now the youth that he sold to a listener and then had the listener gave it back. I'm professional, Yeah, I'm president. All right. Then there's U see what people want us to sell this morning? Maria, Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 17: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm going, Maria? What are you trying to sell?
Speaker 17: But I'm trying to sell a treadmill that my husband made me buying. I wanted to buy a bike during COVID, so he said, no, we're getting a treadmill. So I just said it has to be a peak treadmill. So I was just sitting there not how there were you the condition?
Speaker 5: We still got a treadmill I got in COVID that got trampled on about three times.
Speaker 4: I think the catch sleep on it now just has this stuff hanging on it. Basically it's a coat rack. How much you want for your pink treadmill?
Speaker 17: Thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: Oh get it? No one's buying it for a thousand. I couldn't get rid of mine for five hundred. It was literally mint too high.
Speaker 17: Well, if you one for five hundred, old solid to you.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know. I don't need two of them. It isn't hers treadmills pink one more.
Speaker 3: He's saying he'd be a little more realistic with the price, we think, Maria, Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's fair enough. Okay, maybe eight hundred.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're okay.
Speaker 5: But all I'm saying is you won't get rid of it an eight hundred. It's a pink one, so it's very it's very bold. Colors would only super.
Speaker 2: Sar price it to sell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the market prices four hundred. I go down to.
Speaker 17: Okay, that problem, we'll do.
Speaker 3: Okay, just you understand Christian's not buying it.
Speaker 5: Last thing I need today to go on and spain it to my wife.
Speaker 4: She just misunderstood I need. I had no choice. Misunderstanding on the phone, so you're you'll get is your wonder, you'll get a you're happy to sell it to somebody else other than me for four hundred dollars? Correct?
Speaker 17: Correct?
Speaker 4: Gotchad? We got that? So that Maria. Does anyone want Maria's pink treadmills?
Speaker 3: Also, it sounds like she's easy to negotiate.
Speaker 4: With ten bucks? Correct?
Speaker 5: Maybe seventeen fifty or something? All right, Maria, stay there, Yeah, we ain't shifted that are.
Speaker 17: Around?
Speaker 4: Mark?
Speaker 12: Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Jack and Patty?
Speaker 4: How are you kicking girls? Kicking girls till night?
Speaker 17: Mark?
Speaker 4: What can we say? What can we sell of yours? Mark?
Speaker 12: So I've got a wedding hopp But we got married.
Speaker 4: At the end of last year, congratulations.
Speaker 12: And we were looking around, Thank you very much, and they try a lot to rent. We said no, let's just make one. And I thought, no, we're not going to find them. And then so I went to like a Salvy Jard and there was old marine ladder that was about from the nineteen twenties or something, and it's just like fourteen foot long thing and I cut it down and it's all it's like a light buy Wacker marine color and it's all like rustic and flaky paint and rusky punds.
Speaker 4: Quite nice.
Speaker 12: It looks really good. Yeah, so if anyone's getting if anyone's getting married, it would be the ideal thing to get hitched under. I think yep.
Speaker 3: And if there's any brides out there listening to my color.
Speaker 4: Scheme, is actual marine normally that gold? Or why aren't they traditionally they're not getting married? Years ago the whole changed. It's all aqua marine now, is it?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 12: A wedding in color?
Speaker 3: It's like an arch that you stand in front of to get married.
Speaker 12: It's like an arch. Yeah, that's right, but but yeah, you've got to get the arch out of your head. It's like like two side bits and a flat bit right across the top well.
Speaker 2: And you can put really good, yeah.
Speaker 12: Beautiful flowers around it.
Speaker 4: In your mind. It's not what do you mean getting my hands?
Speaker 12: You got no, you guys said, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Say how much? How much you do not arch fifty bucks?
Speaker 12: One hundred dollars because there's about forty dollars of extra hardware that's gone into it. So yeah, so trust me to to red wine is about it's about three hundred dollars done the home work.
Speaker 19: Over it.
Speaker 4: Look it up, No, buddy, yeah, take your word for it. And have you tried selling this before?
Speaker 12: Yeah we have, so we've had on Facebook. But it's such a particular thing that you know, when people turn up they don't want they want it, you know, a particular color, or they want.
Speaker 4: To told you what the color was, you wouldn't have it.
Speaker 12: No, no, no, no no no, it's not going that. They wanted this cable. We're looking for black, and I said, sorry, you can paint it if you want to, you know anyway.
Speaker 5: Yes, well you never know who's going to be listening, mate, So one hundred dollars for the aquamarine non.
Speaker 12: Arch, Yes that's correct, gotcha all right?
Speaker 3: And we got the don't forget about the mink conditioned pink treadmills.
Speaker 5: I still think she thinks I'm coming around after to buy it another market double marks mark well number two?
Speaker 4: What are you selling in Gelong?
Speaker 3: That's the same Mask's chat Yere's no other calls.
Speaker 4: I love anyone who calls the show. Today's called mark you want.
Speaker 3: There's plenty of stuff to sell. Think I've got the rug.
Speaker 4: You the pink, the non arch, the non arch aquamarine going now for one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Christian Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 5: To spend the last couple of minutes trying to sell that jute RUGGI trying to get it off to poor producers.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to Patsy.
Speaker 2: Do you know the material, June, not a clue.
Speaker 3: It's like a very, very very thick weave, like.
Speaker 2: One of those Swedish neuveau grugs that are all the rage.
Speaker 3: It isn't I.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't know what the rage in the world right now. It's nuvo on these Swedish ones, is it.
Speaker 3: It's very It's very big. It's actually dangerous for my son because it's so thick that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're really setting that death trap, aren't you, you get trip and get lost in it. Like the jungle and the outback and that thick old jute rug.
Speaker 3: Most adults will be easily able to step over a salesman. Please, very good price, very good price.
Speaker 5: Well, jack is selling a couple of stuff. We're doing Nature Strip radio where normally we sell your stuff, but Jackie Boys, but a couple of things, the dolphin torch. Yes, I think we've got a we gotta buy Addison.
Speaker 6: Hi, there you going.
Speaker 4: I'm good Allison. You fancy buying Jack's dolphin torch?
Speaker 13: Is it still available?
Speaker 4: All the stuff?
Speaker 3: There's a lot of there's a lot of bitners. But I'll be interested. I'll be interested to hear what you're offering.
Speaker 4: So what do you want for it? Batteries included?
Speaker 3: You say, yeah, Now, it's that big old battery. What is he called the big square thing? A square thing?
Speaker 4: Triple a?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, he's big like think of almost like a car battery, A bit a bit smaller battery.
Speaker 4: No, I know what you mean. It's that big solid square one, big old square brick. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nine volt, no vault, no, no.
Speaker 2: No nine six.
Speaker 3: You put on your tongue, your.
Speaker 4: Tongue you did when you were a kid.
Speaker 3: I actually want to look it up. Can you talk to Alison?
Speaker 4: Yea, yeah, of course. What do you work for? You every show? Allison? How much you prepared to pay for this?
Speaker 17: Has two dollars? Sound two bucks?
Speaker 3: It costs me twenty four dollars plus the price of the battery, which is a sixth fold.
Speaker 4: The lower the lower the number of high the vault.
Speaker 3: I think so, Harvey, you sorry, Allison? Hardly used. I used it yesterday to make sure the light was working. Okay, five yeah, okay sold?
Speaker 4: No, you cannot take five dollars.
Speaker 3: But time I go back to the store, just a few five bucks sold.
Speaker 4: This is a point happy customer there. You've got the dolphins.
Speaker 3: Joy walking around the house in the dark.
Speaker 4: Susan, good morning.
Speaker 15: Hi, I've got a free is that pretty cooling system? And I guess docted haating system that now you've got to obviously put ducking with it. Like the silver ducks, you need to supply them for yourself. But the actual units have just literally been professionally taken out of our roof and they're waiting for someone to come and give them a new, good home.
Speaker 4: That's very generous. Don't you want any money for them?
Speaker 15: No, look, because people need to get ducting and pay to get it fitted and all the rest of it. They're welcome to come and just tack them out of our sheds.
Speaker 16: So we've got a bit of roof.
Speaker 4: So these are duckless units.
Speaker 15: Ductless units that could be ducted, providing you put the ducks in.
Speaker 4: Yes, got ready to duct, ready to duck?
Speaker 3: Okay, I have no idea what to expect if I went over there to pick that up.
Speaker 4: No, it would just be some sort of big box.
Speaker 15: Yeah, the big unit that goes on your roof, the big VAP cooling one, and the unit that sits in your roof the roof cavity are gas heating one.
Speaker 5: Got to now just thinking about if someone does want this, the kind of questions they might have in their mind right now. Frequently ask questions would this fit in someone's car or leaning a little small van?
Speaker 15: I reckon I might need a van or a trailer just for the outdoor units.
Speaker 4: Is this a pain in the.
Speaker 5: Ass when some tiny little person turns up and like a gift.
Speaker 3: It's a couch four couch?
Speaker 4: Can you help me? I didn't know this big. It's a couch.
Speaker 15: I'm not going to gift.
Speaker 4: Understood that? All right, Well, I'll see if anyone wants it?
Speaker 12: Okay, perfect?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, go on, it's going to ask Susan. You're not in the market for an HDMI cord?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Could we be about to sell a second item? Unprecedented moments scenes today on Nature Strip Radio. Every Friday, we sell your stuff. Hey, Maria, you know the pink treadmill you've been trying to sell.
Speaker 17: Correct catchphrase, I've lost question.
Speaker 5: And so you're happy with four hundred dollars. If we get someone who's happy to pay four hundred dollars for the mink condition pink treadmill, might have a buyer. FA Maria, thank you pleasure?
Speaker 4: Correct, Jody, Yes, happy to Are you interested in a bright pink treadmill?
Speaker 6: I am, I'm really interested in talking about this treadmill.
Speaker 15: I don't know what the problem is with it being pink at all.
Speaker 3: That's that's your color scheme at your place.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm a girl, I'm a I'm a pink girl.
Speaker 4: Yes, I like my back a few decades Maria. Maria got a girl on the line that Princess Maria. Do you want to chat to Jody? So if she's happing to pay the price you're asking for, don't great.
Speaker 10: So, Maria, where is it currently stored?
Speaker 12: Are you currently using it as a close walk what kind of.
Speaker 17: Sort of my sort of my back room right in the center.
Speaker 4: Of the room.
Speaker 10: Okay, and it's in it's in good condition.
Speaker 17: Then it's a very good condition. Correct, Okay?
Speaker 10: And the location, like how far are you.
Speaker 17: Army Kallas Hill near Caroline Springs.
Speaker 10: Oh perfect, Okay, well I'm happy if we'd four hundred dollars.
Speaker 17: If you are, I am too.
Speaker 7: Everybody, We're wain on a Friday world. I, Maria and Jody, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's like Charlie's Angels here. All right, let's take the show back now.
Speaker 3: What did she need to know where it was stored in idea?
Speaker 2: Well, no, it could be in a dusty old ship gathering dusty moist.
Speaker 4: We get a nice damp clak, a damn clock.
Speaker 5: All right on the time wasted today the one and only Rod Stewart special guest Cindy Lauper and John Stevens bringing the hits tore to a day on the Green.
Speaker 4: This is the rescheduled one you meant to be at this couple we ago when Pats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I can't go tonight. They're already booked up.
Speaker 4: Oh I let Rod know every ranger.
Speaker 2: You'll be expecting me get back on the.
Speaker 4: Plane, Rod Mount.
Speaker 3: So we're giving away your seats maybe yeah.
Speaker 5: Front Road Mountdnia stage along Tom Night. It's Rod's final Victorian show. Tickets are some tickets sound still available at Ticketmaster and double pass to be.
Speaker 4: One, right, Now, make a movie longer, longer movies. Reservoir snails a silver technically right, just not funny. Murial's wedding, that's a that's a quick movie, right, Yeah, Muriel's marriage quite goes on still together.
Speaker 2: It actually doesn't though, like they broke up in the movie. It was like a really short marriage.
Speaker 4: We don't need to five hundred days of Summer. That was a big old movie, wasn't that? What about can you see it coming? Five hundred thousand days of summer?
Speaker 17: What?
Speaker 4: Half a billion silver? You've got so much mail?
Speaker 5: We've got mail, you've got a loan, you've got plus ch and uh breakfast at Tiffany's Breakfast is so quick? Isn't it stay the night but in breakfast?
Speaker 4: Yeah? All right, Jackiet, Why longer movies? Movie longer?
Speaker 3: Crouching Tiger was a well paced movie, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Not for me?
Speaker 3: I felt like it was Crouching Tiger hidden drag on.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that is superior. Top of the Town for that gold plus.
Speaker 3: Look who's talking the longest two goals?
Speaker 4: That's very good.
Speaker 3: And Debbie does the Dallas Marathon.
Speaker 2: You bring it down.
Speaker 4: The naughty naughty, No pink treadmill for you.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast up.
Speaker 4: For grabs today for the best in show the time Waster tickets to go and see the Great Rod Stewart Tonight out of Mount Dunnida State, Geelong.
Speaker 5: All right, we're asking to make a movie longer, longer movies, Jack, you're really to mark that.
Speaker 20: I am the Green Marathon from Brendan Silver, Shawshank Convention, Gold, Leah, well done, sleeping in Seattle, Silver, I will be home for Christmas knowing what this one, the one after next, Gold, Cory, well done, dinking Miss Daisy, gold Amy, well done, the prolonged kiss, goodnight, Bronze, No cross country for Ald, mon Silver, Groundhog Month, Silver, pushing Miss Daisy's car, Silver, driving Miss Daisy to work on the Monash Gold. Two minutes later this one came in, driving Miss Daisy on the West Gate Gold, Dude, where's my car?
Speaker 4: Keys?
Speaker 5: Silver v for Viagra, Yeah, Gold, driving Miss Days across a nuther Boar.
Speaker 4: They get longer thes, aren't they very good? Everyone? I love these? Adam, well done. A week at Bernie's Silver, the longest yarn Gold Throw Mama from the Cargo Train Silver, You've got a mal silver towing Miss Daisy Silver working nine to five thirty Gold, Snailian Snailing gold plus Darren well done, Edward Embroidery, Scisster hands lots slow are they? Surely that is so good? Dude? Where's my bus?
Speaker 3: Bronze?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chitty Chitty chitchy, Bang bang bang bang Chris Gold and Delay of the Dead, Delay of the Yeah. These are all very funny, all right? Who is best in show? Very tough? Who's off to see Rod Stewart tonight.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to Leah for Shureshank convention.
Speaker 4: Very goodly, Enjoy Rod Stewart tonight.
Speaker 1: Jane on Christian Connell's Show podcast